Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: JAZ8
Description: jasmonate-zim-domain protein 8
Alias: TIFY5A, jasmonate-zim-domain protein 8, jasmonate-zim-domain protein 8
Species: thale cress
- Chini A, Fonseca S, Chico J, Fernández Calvo P, Solano R. The ZIM domain mediates homo- and heteromeric interactions between Arabidopsis JAZ proteins. Plant J. 2009;59:77-87 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that interaction with MYC2 is a common feature of the JAZ family, as most JAZ proteins can bind MYC2 in pull-down and yeast two-hybrid assays. ..
- Fernández Calvo P, Chini A, Fernández Barbero G, Chico J, Gimenez Ibanez S, Geerinck J, et al. The Arabidopsis bHLH transcription factors MYC3 and MYC4 are targets of JAZ repressors and act additively with MYC2 in the activation of jasmonate responses. Plant Cell. 2011;23:701-15 pubmed publisher..Our results show that MYC3 and MYC4 are activators of JA-regulated programs that act additively with MYC2 to regulate specifically different subsets of the JA-dependent transcriptional response. ..
- Chung H, Howe G. A critical role for the TIFY motif in repression of jasmonate signaling by a stabilized splice variant of the JASMONATE ZIM-domain protein JAZ10 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:131-45 pubmed publisher..The ability of JAZ10.4 to interact with MYC2 is consistent with a model in which a JAZ10.4-containing protein complex directly represses the activity of transcription factors that promote expression of JA response genes. ..
- Pauwels L, Barbero G, Geerinck J, Tilleman S, Grunewald W, Pérez A, et al. NINJA connects the co-repressor TOPLESS to jasmonate signalling. Nature. 2010;464:788-91 pubmed publisher..This new insight reveals how stress-related and growth-related signalling cascades use common molecular mechanisms to regulate gene expression in plants. ..
- Song S, Qi T, Huang H, Ren Q, Wu D, Chang C, et al. The Jasmonate-ZIM domain proteins interact with the R2R3-MYB transcription factors MYB21 and MYB24 to affect Jasmonate-regulated stamen development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1000-13 pubmed publisher..MYB21 and MYB24, two R2R3-MYB transcription factors, were found to interact with JAZ1, JAZ8, and JAZ11 in yeast and in planta...
- Thireault C, Shyu C, Yoshida Y, St Aubin B, Campos M, Howe G. Repression of jasmonate signaling by a non-TIFY JAZ protein in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2015;82:669-79 pubmed publisher..JAZ13 is most closely related to JAZ8 and includes divergent EAR, TIFY/ZIM, and Jas motifs...
- Shyu C, Figueroa P, Depew C, Cooke T, Sheard L, Moreno J, et al. JAZ8 lacks a canonical degron and has an EAR motif that mediates transcriptional repression of jasmonate responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:536-50 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Arabidopsis thaliana JAZ8 lacks this motif and thus is unable to associate strongly with COI1 in the presence of JA-Ile...
- Jiang Y, Liang G, Yang S, Yu D. Arabidopsis WRKY57 functions as a node of convergence for jasmonic acid- and auxin-mediated signaling in jasmonic acid-induced leaf senescence. Plant Cell. 2014;26:230-45 pubmed publisher..Moreover, WRKY57 protein levels were downregulated by JA but upregulated by auxin. Therefore, as a repressor in JA-induced leaf senescence, WRKY57 is a common component of the JA- and auxin-mediated signaling pathways...
- Moreno J, Shyu C, Campos M, Patel L, Chung H, Yao J, et al. Negative feedback control of jasmonate signaling by an alternative splice variant of JAZ10. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1006-17 pubmed publisher..4 links transcription factors to a corepressor complex and suggest how JA-induced transcription and alternative splicing of JAZ10 premessenger RNA creates a regulatory circuit to attenuate JA responses. ..
- Song S, Qi T, Fan M, Zhang X, Gao H, Huang H, et al. The bHLH subgroup IIId factors negatively regulate jasmonate-mediated plant defense and development. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003653 pubmed publisher..Coordinated regulation of JA responses by transcription activators and repressors would benefit plants by allowing fine regulation of defense and development, and survival in their frequently changing environment. ..
- Zhang F, Yao J, Ke J, Zhang L, Lam V, Xin X, et al. Structural basis of JAZ repression of MYC transcription factors in jasmonate signalling. Nature. 2015;525:269-73 pubmed publisher..Our structural and functional studies elucidate a dynamic molecular switch mechanism that governs the repression and activation of a major plant hormone pathway. ..