Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HSP90.1
Description: heat shock-like protein
Alias: ATHS83, ATHSP90.1, AtHsp90-1, F6N7.13, F6N7_13, HEAT SHOCK PROTEIN 81-1, HEAT SHOCK PROTEIN 83, HEAT SHOCK PROTEIN 90-1, HSP81-1, HSP81.1, HSP83, heat shock protein 90.1, heat shock-like protein
Species: thale cress
- Meiri D, Breiman A. Arabidopsis ROF1 (FKBP62) modulates thermotolerance by interacting with HSP90.1 and affecting the accumulation of HsfA2-regulated sHSPs. Plant J. 2009;59:387-99 pubmed publisher..We suggest a role for ROF1 in prolongation of thermotolerance by sustaining the levels of small HSPs that are essential for survival at high temperatures. ..
- Takahashi A, Casais C, Ichimura K, Shirasu K. HSP90 interacts with RAR1 and SGT1 and is essential for RPS2-mediated disease resistance in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:11777-82 pubmed..1 is required for full RPS2 resistance and is rapidly induced upon pathogen challenge. We propose that RAR1 and SGT1 function closely with HSP90 in chaperoning roles that are essential for disease resistance. ..
- Boter M, Amigues B, Peart J, Breuer C, Kadota Y, Casais C, et al. Structural and functional analysis of SGT1 reveals that its interaction with HSP90 is required for the accumulation of Rx, an R protein involved in plant immunity. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3791-804 pubmed..Biochemical reconstitution experiments suggest that RAR1 may function to enhance the SGT1-HSP90 interaction by promoting ternary complex formation. ..
- Schweiger R, Soll J, Jung K, Heermann R, Schwenkert S. Quantification of interaction strengths between chaperones and tetratricopeptide repeat domain-containing membrane proteins. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:30614-25 pubmed publisher..The combinatory approach of several methods provided a powerful toolkit to determine binding affinities of similar interaction partners in a highly quantitative manner...
- Watanabe E, Mano S, Nomoto M, Tada Y, Hara Nishimura I, Nishimura M, et al. HSP90 Stabilizes Auxin-Responsive Phenotypes by Masking a Mutation in the Auxin Receptor TIR1. Plant Cell Physiol. 2016;57:2245-2254 pubmed..These results demonstrate that HSP90 masks a point mutation in the auxin receptor TIR1 and thereby buffers auxin-responsive phenotypes. ..
- Wang R, Zhang Y, Kieffer M, Yu H, Kepinski S, Estelle M. HSP90 regulates temperature-dependent seedling growth in Arabidopsis by stabilizing the auxin co-receptor F-box protein TIR1. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10269 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that HSP90 and SGT1 integrate temperature and auxin signalling in order to regulate plant growth in a changing environment. ..
- Kim S, Lee J, Seo K, Ryu B, Sung Y, Chung T, et al. Characterization of a Novel DWD protein that participates in heat stress response in Arabidopsis. Mol Cells. 2014;37:833-40 pubmed publisher..This study will serve as an important step toward understanding of the functional connection between CRL4-mediated processes and plant heat stress signaling. ..
- Cha J, Kim J, Kim T, Zeng Q, Wang L, Lee S, et al. GIGANTEA is a co-chaperone which facilitates maturation of ZEITLUPE in the Arabidopsis circadian clock. Nat Commun. 2017;8:3 pubmed publisher..Here Cha et al. show that GIGANTEA has intrinsic chaperone activity and can facilitate ZEITLUPE maturation by acting synergistically with HSP90. ..
- Noël L, Cagna G, Stuttmann J, Wirthmüller L, Betsuyaku S, Witte C, et al. Interaction between SGT1 and cytosolic/nuclear HSC70 chaperones regulates Arabidopsis immune responses. Plant Cell. 2007;19:4061-76 pubmed..We conclude that an HSC70-SGT1 chaperone complex is important for multiple plant environmental responses and that the evolutionarily conserved SGS domain of SGT1 is a key determinant of the HSC70-SGT1 association. ..
- Shang Y, Li X, Cui H, He P, Thilmony R, Chintamanani S, et al. RAR1, a central player in plant immunity, is targeted by Pseudomonas syringae effector AvrB. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19200-5 pubmed..The results demonstrate that RAR1 molecularly links PTI, effector virulence, and ETI. The study supports that both pathogen virulence and plant disease resistance have evolved around PTI. ..
- Watanabe E, Mano S, Hara Nishimura I, Nishimura M, Yamada K. HSP90 stabilizes auxin receptor TIR1 and ensures plasticity of auxin responses. Plant Signal Behav. 2017;12:e1311439 pubmed publisher..We have developed a model in which cytosolic HSP90 works like a capacitor for auxin-related phenotypic variation via regulation of the auxin receptor in response to environmentally and genetically induced perturbations. ..
- Samakovli D, Margaritopoulou T, Prassinos C, Milioni D, Hatzopoulos P. Brassinosteroid nuclear signaling recruits HSP90 activity. New Phytol. 2014;203:743-57 pubmed publisher..Our observations reveal that HSP90s have a central role in sustaining BIN2 nuclear function. We propose that BR signaling is mediated by HSP90 activity and via trafficking of BIN2-HSP90 complexes into the cytoplasm. ..
- Lachowiec J, Lemus T, Thomas J, Murphy P, Nemhauser J, Queitsch C. The protein chaperone HSP90 can facilitate the divergence of gene duplicates. Genetics. 2013;193:1269-77 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence that HSP90 influences selection on genes encoding its clients and facilitates divergence between gene duplicates. ..
- Prasinos C, Krampis K, Samakovli D, Hatzopoulos P. Tight regulation of expression of two Arabidopsis cytosolic Hsp90 genes during embryo development. J Exp Bot. 2005;56:633-44 pubmed..The developmental and restricted pattern of expression of the AtHsp90-1 and -3 gene promoters in unstressed transgenic plants suggest prominent and distinctive roles of these two genes during different developmental processes. ..
- Cha J, Ahn G, Kim J, Kang S, Kim M, Su udi M, et al. Structural and functional differences of cytosolic 90-kDa heat-shock proteins (Hsp90s) in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2013;70:368-73 pubmed publisher..thaliana cytosolic Hsp90 proteins display different functional activities depending on structural differences, implying functional divergence although the proteins are localized to the same sub-cellular organelle. ..
- Kim T, Kim W, Fujiwara S, Kim J, Cha J, Park J, et al. HSP90 functions in the circadian clock through stabilization of the client F-box protein ZEITLUPE. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:16843-8 pubmed publisher..Unlike metazoan systems, HSP90 functions here within the core oscillator. Additionally, F-box proteins as clients may place HSP90 in a unique and more central role in proteostasis. ..
- Earley K, Poethig R. Binding of the cyclophilin 40 ortholog SQUINT to Hsp90 protein is required for SQUINT function in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38184-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the interaction between CyP40 and Hsp90 is conserved in plants and that this interaction is essential for the function of CyP40. ..