Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HSP81-3
Description: heat shock protein 81-3
Alias: AtHsp90-3, AtHsp90.3, HEAT SHOCK PROTEIN 81.3, HEAT SHOCK PROTEIN 90-3, HEAT SHOCK PROTEIN 90.3, HSP81.2, Hsp81.3, MDA7.5, MDA7_5, heat shock protein 81-3, heat shock protein 81-3
Species: thale cress
- Yabe N, Takahashi T, Komeda Y. Analysis of tissue-specific expression of Arabidopsis thaliana HSP90-family gene HSP81. Plant Cell Physiol. 1994;35:1207-19 pubmed..Only a slight response to IAA was observed in HSP81-1 mRNA accumulation at 22 degrees C; the increase was possibly caused by a novel pathway other than heat-shock-response pathway. ..
- Bao F, Huang X, Zhu C, Zhang X, Li X, Yang S. Arabidopsis HSP90 protein modulates RPP4-mediated temperature-dependent cell death and defense responses. New Phytol. 2014;202:1320-34 pubmed publisher..Correction added after online publication 11 March 2013: the expansions of TIR-NB-LRR and RPS4 were amended] This study reveals that Arabidopsis HSP90 regulates RPP4-mediated temperature-dependent cell death and defense responses. ..
- Matsuura H, Shinmyo A, Kato K. Preferential translation mediated by Hsp81-3 5'-UTR during heat shock involves ribosome entry at the 5'-end rather than an internal site in Arabidopsis suspension cells. J Biosci Bioeng. 2008;105:39-47 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the preferential translation of Hsp81-3 mRNA in heat-shocked Arabidopsis cells involves a ribosome scanning from the 5'-end of the 5'-UTR rather than ribosome entry to the internal site. ..
- Cha J, Ahn G, Kim J, Kang S, Kim M, Su udi M, et al. Structural and functional differences of cytosolic 90-kDa heat-shock proteins (Hsp90s) in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2013;70:368-73 pubmed publisher..thaliana cytosolic Hsp90 proteins display different functional activities depending on structural differences, implying functional divergence although the proteins are localized to the same sub-cellular organelle. ..
- Samakovli D, Margaritopoulou T, Prassinos C, Milioni D, Hatzopoulos P. Brassinosteroid nuclear signaling recruits HSP90 activity. New Phytol. 2014;203:743-57 pubmed publisher..Our observations reveal that HSP90s have a central role in sustaining BIN2 nuclear function. We propose that BR signaling is mediated by HSP90 activity and via trafficking of BIN2-HSP90 complexes into the cytoplasm. ..
- Song Y, Estrada D, Johnson R, Kim S, Lee S, MacCoss M, et al. Distinct roles of FKF1, Gigantea, and Zeitlupe proteins in the regulation of Constans stability in Arabidopsis photoperiodic flowering. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:17672-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest the presence of balanced regulation among FKF1, GI, and ZTL on CO stability regulation for the precise control of flowering time. ..
- Xu X, Song H, Zhou Z, Shi N, Ying Q, Wang H. Functional characterization of AtHsp90.3 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Arabidopsis thaliana under heat stress. Biotechnol Lett. 2010;32:979-87 pubmed publisher..3 under heat stress. These results indicate that overexpressing AtHsp90.3 impaired plant tolerance to heat stress and proper homeostasis of Hsp90 was critical for cellular stress response and/or tolerance in plants. ..
- Huang S, Monaghan J, Zhong X, Lin L, Sun T, Dong O, et al. HSP90s are required for NLR immune receptor accumulation in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2014;79:427-39 pubmed publisher..HSP90s may assist SGT1 in the formation of SCF E3 ubiquitin ligase complexes that target immune receptors for degradation. Such regulation is critical for maintaining appropriate levels of immune receptor proteins to avoid autoimmunity. ..
- Shigeta T, Zaizen Y, Sugimoto Y, Nakamura Y, Matsuo T, Okamoto S. Heat shock protein 90 acts in brassinosteroid signaling through interaction with BES1/BZR1 transcription factor. J Plant Physiol. 2015;178:69-73 pubmed publisher..Considered together, our results imply that HSP90 takes a part in BR-mediated gene expression through complex formation with two major transcription factors. ..