Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FVE
Description: Transducin family protein / WD-40 repeat family protein
Alias: ACG1, ATMSI4, F3P11.12, F3P11_12, MSI4, MULTICOPY SUPPRESSOR OF IRA1 4, NFC04, NFC4, NUCLEOSOME/CHROMATIN ASSEMBLY FACTOR GROUP C, WD-40 REPEAT PROTEIN MSI4, Transducin family protein / WD-40 repeat family protein
Species: thale cress
- Pazhouhandeh M, Molinier J, Berr A, Genschik P. MSI4/FVE interacts with CUL4-DDB1 and a PRC2-like complex to control epigenetic regulation of flowering time in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:3430-5 pubmed publisher..FLC blocks floral transition by repressing flowering time integrators such as flowering locus T (FT). MSI4/FVE is a key regulator of the autonomous pathway that reduces FLC expression...
- Baek I, Park H, You M, Lee J, Kim J. Functional conservation and divergence of FVE genes that control flowering time and cold response in rice and Arabidopsis. Mol Cells. 2008;26:368-72 pubmed..pathway genes in rice, we conducted molecular genetic analyses of OsFVE, a rice gene homologous to Arabidopsis FVE. OsFVE was found to be ubiquitously expressed in vegetative and reproductive organs...
- Campi M, D Andrea L, Emiliani J, Casati P. Participation of chromatin-remodeling proteins in the repair of ultraviolet-B-damaged DNA. Plant Physiol. 2012;158:981-95 pubmed publisher..Plants deficient in NFC102/NFC4 or SDG102/SDG26 showed more damaged DNA than wild-type plants; however, the Arabidopsis chc1 mutant showed similar ..
- Gu X, Jiang D, Yang W, Jacob Y, Michaels S, He Y. Arabidopsis homologs of retinoblastoma-associated protein 46/48 associate with a histone deacetylase to act redundantly in chromatin silencing. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002366 pubmed publisher..homologs of the human histone-binding proteins Retinoblastoma-Associated Protein 46/48 (RbAp46/48), known as MSI4 (or FVE) and MSI5, function in partial redundancy in chromatin silencing of various loci targeted by siRNAs or ..
- Kang M, Yoo S, Kwon H, Lee B, Cho J, Noh Y, et al. Negative regulatory roles of DE-ETIOLATED1 in flowering time in Arabidopsis. Sci Rep. 2015;5:9728 pubmed publisher..Moreover, DET1 interacts with MSI4/FVE, which epigenetically inhibits FLC expression, indicating that the lack of FLC expression in det1-1 mutants ..
- Honda H, Nagaoka S, Kawai Y, Kemperman R, Kok J, Yamazaki Y, et al. Purification and characterization of two phospho-?-galactosidases, LacG1 and LacG2, from Lactobacillus gasseri ATCC33323(T). J Gen Appl Microbiol. 2012;58:11-7 pubmed..Our data suggest two phospho-?-galactosidase, LacG1 and LacG2, are the primary enzymes for lactose utilization in Lb. gasseri ATCC33323(T). We propose a reclassification of Pbg1 and Pbg2 as phospho-?-glucosidase. ..
- Xu Y, Wang Y, Stroud H, Gu X, Sun B, Gan E, et al. A matrix protein silences transposons and repeats through interaction with retinoblastoma-associated proteins. Curr Biol. 2013;23:345-50 pubmed publisher..silencing repeats of FWA and associates with Arabidopsis homologs of the Retinoblastoma-associated protein 46/48, FVE and MSI5, which mediate histone deacetylation...
- Kenzior A, Folk W. Arabidopsis thaliana MSI4/FVE associates with members of a novel family of plant specific PWWP/RRM domain proteins. Plant Mol Biol. 2015;87:329-39 pubmed publisherb>AtMSI4/FVE/ACG1, one of five Arabidopsis thaliana genes encoding MSI1-like proteins, helps determine plant growth and development (including control of flowering), as well as responses to certain biotic and abiotic stresses...
- Luo M, Tai R, Yu C, Yang S, Chen C, Lin W, et al. Regulation of flowering time by the histone deacetylase HDA5 in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2015;82:925-36 pubmed publisher..Bimolecular fluorescence complementation assays and co-immunoprecipitation assays showed that HDA5 interacts with FVE, FLD and HDA6, indicating that these proteins are present in a protein complex involved in the regulation of ..
- Feng P, Guo H, Chi W, Chai X, Sun X, Xu X, et al. Chloroplast retrograde signal regulates flowering. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:10708-13 pubmed publisher..retrograde signaling, perceives such a signal and mediates transcriptional repression of FLC through recruitment of FVE, a component of the histone deacetylase complex...
- Kenzior A, Folk W. AtMSI4 and RbAp48 WD-40 repeat proteins bind metal ions. FEBS Lett. 1998;440:425-9 pubmed..We have isolated a plant homolog of RbAp48, AtMSI4. By metal affinity chromatography, zinc blotting and atomic absorption analysis, we demonstrate that purified ..
- Jung J, Park J, Lee S, To T, Kim J, Seki M, et al. The cold signaling attenuator HIGH EXPRESSION OF OSMOTICALLY RESPONSIVE GENE1 activates FLOWERING LOCUS C transcription via chromatin remodeling under short-term cold stress in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:4378-90 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that HOS1 induces FLC expression by antagonizing the actions of FVE and its interacting partner histone deacetylase 6 (HDA6) under short-term cold stress...
- Soppe W, Bentsink L, Koornneef M. The early-flowering mutant efs is involved in the autonomous promotion pathway of Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 1999;126:4763-70 pubmed..Double mutant analysis with several late-flowering mutants from the autonomous promotion (fca and fve) and the photoperiod promotion (co, fwa and gi) pathways of flowering showed that efs reduces the flowering time of ..
- Jeon J, Kim J. FVE, an Arabidopsis homologue of the retinoblastoma-associated protein that regulates flowering time and cold response, binds to chromatin as a large multiprotein complex. Mol Cells. 2011;32:227-34 pubmed publisher..Previously, we described an Arabidopsis mutant with altered cold-responsive gene expression (acg1) displaying a late flowering phenotype, a null allele of fve...
- Lee J, Kim J, Kim S, Cho H, Kim J, Ahn J. The E3 ubiquitin ligase HOS1 regulates low ambient temperature-responsive flowering in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2012;53:1802-14 pubmed publisher..In silico analysis showed that FVE was spatiotemporally co-expressed with HOS1...