Gene Symbol: EFS
Description: histone-lysine N-methyltransferase
Alias: ASH1 HOMOLOG 2, ASHH2, CAROTENOID CHLOROPLAST REGULATORY1, CCR1, EARLY FLOWERING IN SHORT DAYS, LAZ2, LAZARUS 2, SDG8, SET DOMAIN GROUP 8, T14N5.15, T14N5_15
Species: thale cress
- Establishment of the vernalization-responsive, winter-annual habit in Arabidopsis requires a putative histone H3 methyl transferaseSang Yeol Kim
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, 47405, USA
Plant Cell 17:3301-10. 2005..Lesions in this methyl transferase, EARLY FLOWERING IN SHORT DAYS (EFS), result in reduced levels of histone H3 Lys 4 trimethylation in FLC chromatin...
- Di- and tri- but not monomethylation on histone H3 lysine 36 marks active transcription of genes involved in flowering time regulation and other processes in Arabidopsis thalianaLin Xu
Institut de Biologie Moléculaire des Plantes CNRS, 12 rue du Général Zimmer, 67084 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Mol Cell Biol 28:1348-60. 2008..The SET2 homologs SDG8 and SDG26 each can methylate oligonucleosomes in vitro, and both proteins are localized in the nucleus...
- The histone methyltransferase SDG8 regulates shoot branching in ArabidopsisGaofeng Dong
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mississippi State University, 32 Creelman Street, Mississippi State, MS 39762, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:659-64. 2008..Here we report that the Arabidopsis SET domain group 8 (SDG8) protein is a histone H3 methyltransferase involved in regulating shoot branching...
- Regulation of carotenoid composition and shoot branching in Arabidopsis by a chromatin modifying histone methyltransferase, SDG8Christopher I Cazzonelli
Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology, School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Plant Cell 21:39-53. 2009..We report the cloning of the CAROTENOID CHLOROPLAST REGULATORY1 (CCR1) gene...
- The ASH1 HOMOLOG 2 (ASHH2) histone H3 methyltransferase is required for ovule and anther development in ArabidopsisPaul E Grini
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
PLoS ONE 4:e7817. 2009..The Arabidopsis ASH1 HOMOLOG 2 (ASHH2) protein (also called SDG8, EFS and CCR1) has been suggested to methylate H3K4 and/or H3K36 and is ..
- Transcriptional control of SET DOMAIN GROUP 8 and CAROTENOID ISOMERASE during Arabidopsis developmentChristopher I Cazzonelli
Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology, Research School of Biology, The Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Mol Plant 3:174-91. 2010..Here, we show how the branch point can be regulated by the chromatin-modifying histone methyltransferase, Set Domain Group 8 (SDG8) targeting the carotenoid isomerase (CRTISO)...
- Interplay of the histone methyltransferases SDG8 and SDG26 in the regulation of transcription and plant flowering and developmentBoyu Liu
Key Laboratory of Education, Department of Hunan Province on Plant Genetics and Molecular Biology, College of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha 410128, China Hunan Provincial Key Laboratory of Crop Germplasm Innovation and Utilization, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha 410128, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1859:581-90. 2016..powerful genetic tool in Arabidopsis, we here investigate the interplay between two close HKMT homologues, SET DOMAIN GROUP 8 (SDG8) and SDG26, in regulating transcription and plant growth and development...
- ATX1/AtCOMPASS and the H3K4me3 marks: how do they activate Arabidopsis genes?Michael Fromm
Department of Agronomy and Plant Science Innovation, UNL, Lincoln, NE 68588 6008, USA
Curr Opin Plant Biol 21:75-82. 2014....
- Histone lysine methyltransferase SDG8 is involved in brassinosteroid-regulated gene expression in Arabidopsis thalianaXiaolei Wang
State Key Laboratory of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Department of Agronomy, College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, PR China Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Mol Plant 7:1303-15. 2014..Here we report that histone lysine methyltransferase SDG8, implicated in histone 3 lysine 36 di- and trimethylation (H3K36me2 and me3), is involved in BR-regulated gene ..
- A histone methyltransferase inhibits seed germination by increasing PIF1 mRNA expression in imbibed seedsNayoung Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, 305 701, Korea
Plant J 78:282-93. 2014..Here we show that mutation of the early flowering in short days (EFS) gene, encoding an H3K4 and H3K36 methyltransferase, decreases the level of H3K36me2 and H3K36me3 ..
- Identification of Arabidopsis SUMO-interacting proteins that regulate chromatin activity and developmental transitionsNabil Elrouby
Department of Plant Developmental Biology, Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Cologne 50829, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:19956-61. 2013..It reduces protein levels of CYCLING DOF FACTOR 2, hence increasing transcript levels of CONSTANS and promoting flowering through the photoperiodic pathway. ..
- Synergistic repression of the embryonic programme by SET DOMAIN GROUP 8 and EMBRYONIC FLOWER 2 in Arabidopsis seedlingsXurong Tang
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Southern Crop Protection and Food Research Centre, London, Ontario N5V 4T3, Canada
J Exp Bot 63:1391-404. 2012..Here, it is shown that mutations affecting SDG8 (SET DOMAIN GROUP 8), a putative histone methyltransferase, cause ectopic expression of a subset of maturation genes in leaves...
- The Arabidopsis thaliana SET-domain-containing protein ASHH1/SDG26 interacts with itself and with distinct histone lysine methyltransferasesMaría Del Pilar Valencia-Morales
Departamento de Ingeniería Genética, CINVESTAV Unidad Irapuato, Km 9 6 Libramiento Norte, Carretera Irapuato León, C P 36821, Irapuato, Guanajuato, Mexico
J Plant Res 125:679-92. 2012..sequences from two distinct histone lysine methyltransferases, the ARABIDOPSIS HOMOLOG OF TRITHORAX-1 (ATX1) and ASHH2 proteins...
- H3K36 methylation is critical for brassinosteroid-regulated plant growth and development in ricePengfei Sui
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Plant Biology, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
Plant J 70:340-7. 2012..Taken together, our data indicate that SDG725-mediated H3K36 methylation modulates brassinosteroid-related gene expression, playing an important role in rice plant growth and development...
- The CW domain, a new histone recognition module in chromatin proteinsVerena Hoppmann
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
EMBO J 30:1939-52. 2011..The solution structure of the CW domain of the Arabidopsis ASH1 HOMOLOG2 (ASHH2) histone methyltransferase provides insight into how different CW domains can distinguish different methylated ..
- Autoimmunity in Arabidopsis acd11 is mediated by epigenetic regulation of an immune receptorKristoffer Palma
Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS Pathog 6:e1001137. 2010..LAZ2 encodes the histone lysine methyltransferase SDG8, previously shown to epigenetically regulate flowering time via modification of histone 3 (H3)...
- Arabidopsis histone methyltransferase SET DOMAIN GROUP8 mediates induction of the jasmonate/ethylene pathway genes in plant defense response to necrotrophic fungiAlexandre Berr
Institut de Biologie Moleculaire des Plantes du CNRS, Universite de Strasbourg, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Plant Physiol 154:1403-14. 2010..idea, we demonstrate here that the Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) histone methyltransferase SET DOMAIN GROUP8 (SDG8) plays a crucial role in plant defense against fungal pathogens by regulating a subset of genes within the jasmonic ..
- The early-flowering mutant efs is involved in the autonomous promotion pathway of Arabidopsis thalianaW J Soppe
Laboratory of Genetics, Wageningen University, Dreijenlaan 2, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Development 126:4763-70. 1999..for early flowering, after mutagenesis of the late-flowering fwa mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana, the early flowering in short days (efs) mutant was identified...