Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AT5G42190
Description: E3 ubiquitin ligase SCF complex subunit SKP1/ASK1 family protein
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS SKP1-LIKE 2, ASK2, Arabidopsis SKP-like 2, MJC20.30, MJC20_30, SKP1B, E3 ubiquitin ligase SCF complex subunit SKP1/ASK1 family protein
Species: thale cress
- Liu F, Ni W, Griffith M, Huang Z, Chang C, Peng W, et al. The ASK1 and ASK2 genes are essential for Arabidopsis early development. Plant Cell. 2004;16:5-20 pubmed..In this study, we demonstrate a vital role for ASK1 and ASK2 in Arabidopsis embryogenesis and postembryonic development through analysis of the ask1 ask2 double mutant...
- Marrocco K, Zhou Y, Bury E, Dieterle M, Funk M, Genschik P, et al. Functional analysis of EID1, an F-box protein involved in phytochrome A-dependent light signal transduction. Plant J. 2006;45:423-38 pubmed..Finally, our data indicate that the EID1 target interaction domain is composed of two independent modules. ..
- Dieterle M, Zhou Y, Schafer E, Funk M, Kretsch T. EID1, an F-box protein involved in phytochrome A-specific light signaling. Genes Dev. 2001;15:939-44 pubmed..EID1 most probably acts by targeting activated components of the phyA signaling pathway to ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis. ..
- Samach A, Klenz J, Kohalmi S, Risseeuw E, Haughn G, Crosby W. The UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS gene of Arabidopsis thaliana is an F-box protein required for normal patterning and growth in the floral meristem. Plant J. 1999;20:433-45 pubmed..It is therefore possible that the role of UFO is to target for degradation specific proteins controlling normal growth patterns in the floral primordia, as well as proteins that negatively regulate APETALA 3 transcription. ..
- Devoto A, Nieto Rostro M, Xie D, Ellis C, Harmston R, Patrick E, et al. COI1 links jasmonate signalling and fertility to the SCF ubiquitin-ligase complex in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2002;32:457-66 pubmed..COI1 is therefore expected to form a functional E3-type ubiquitin ligase in plants and to regulate expression of jasmonate responsive genes, possibly by targeted ubiquitination of a histone deacetylase. ..
- Pazhouhandeh M, Dieterle M, Marrocco K, Lechner E, Berry B, Brault V, et al. F-box-like domain in the polerovirus protein P0 is required for silencing suppressor function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:1994-9 pubmed..Together, the results support a model in which P0 acts as an F-box protein that targets an essential component of the host posttranscriptional gene silencing machinery. ..
- Bao Y, Song W, Jin Y, Jiang C, Yang Y, Li B, et al. Characterization of Arabidopsis Tubby-like proteins and redundant function of AtTLP3 and AtTLP9 in plant response to ABA and osmotic stress. Plant Mol Biol. 2014;86:471-83 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that AtTLPs possibly work in multiple physiological and developmental processes in Arabidopsis, and AtTLP3 is also involved in ABA signaling pathway like AtTLP9 during seed germination and early seedling growth. ..
- Kim S, Park B, Kim D, Yeu S, Song S, Song J, et al. E3 SUMO ligase AtSIZ1 positively regulates SLY1-mediated GA signalling and plant development. Biochem J. 2015;469:299-314 pubmed publisher..In addition, sumoylated SLY1 interacted with RGA and SLY1 sumoylation was significantly increased by GA. Taken together, our results indicate that, in Arabidopsis, AtSIZ1 positively controls GA signalling through SLY1 sumoylation. ..
- Li C, Liu Z, Zhang Q, Wang R, Xiao L, Ma H, et al. SKP1 is involved in abscisic acid signalling to regulate seed germination, stomatal opening and root growth in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Environ. 2012;35:952-65 pubmed publisher..In contrast, Arabidopsis skp1-like 1 (ask1)/ask1 ASK2/ask2 seedlings exhibited reduced ABA sensitivity...
- Gagne J, Downes B, Shiu S, Durski A, Vierstra R. The F-box subunit of the SCF E3 complex is encoded by a diverse superfamily of genes in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:11519-24 pubmed..Collectively, the data shows that Arabidopsis has exploited the SCF complex and the ubiquitin/26S proteasome pathway as a major route for cellular regulation and that a diverse array of SCF targets is likely present in plants. ..
- Díaz Camino C, Risseeuw E, Liu E, Crosby W. A high-throughput system for two-hybrid screening based on growth curve analysis in microtiter plates. Anal Biochem. 2003;316:171-4 pubmed....
- Kim O, Jung J, Park C. An Arabidopsis F-box protein regulates tapetum degeneration and pollen maturation during anther development. Planta. 2010;232:353-66 pubmed publisher..It physically interacts with the Arabidopsis-Skp1-like1 protein via the F-box motif. These observations indicate that the RMF gene encodes an F-box protein functioning in tapetum degeneration during anther development. ..
- Gou M, Su N, Zheng J, Huai J, Wu G, Zhao J, et al. An F-box gene, CPR30, functions as a negative regulator of the defense response in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;60:757-70 pubmed publisher..Co-localization of CPR30 and ASK1 or ASK2 was observed in Arabidopsis protoplasts...
- Lechner E, Xie D, Grava S, Pigaglio E, Planchais S, Murray J, et al. The AtRbx1 protein is part of plant SCF complexes, and its down-regulation causes severe growth and developmental defects. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50069-80 pubmed..Furthermore, the AtRbx1-silenced plants showed a reduced level of AtCul1 protein, but accumulated higher level of cyclin D3. ..
- Anand A, Rojas C, Tang Y, Mysore K. Several components of SKP1/Cullin/F-box E3 ubiquitin ligase complex and associated factors play a role in Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformation. New Phytol. 2012;195:203-16 pubmed publisher..suggested that the Arabidopsis homologs of yeast SKP1 (suppressor of kinetochore protein 1) protein, ASK1 and ASK2, are required for Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformation...
- Li Y, Zhang L, Li D, Liu Z, Wang J, Li X, et al. The Arabidopsis F-box E3 ligase RIFP1 plays a negative role in abscisic acid signalling by facilitating ABA receptor RCAR3 degradation. Plant Cell Environ. 2016;39:571-82 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that RIFP1 plays a negative role in the RCAR3-mediated ABA signalling pathway and likely functions as an adaptor subunit of the SCF ubiquitin ligase complex to regulate ABA receptor RCAR3 stability. ..
- Xu L, Liu F, Lechner E, Genschik P, Crosby W, Ma H, et al. The SCF(COI1) ubiquitin-ligase complexes are required for jasmonate response in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2002;14:1919-35 pubmed..that COI1 associates physically with AtCUL1, AtRbx1, and either of the Arabidopsis Skp1-like proteins ASK1 or ASK2 to assemble ubiquitin-ligase complexes, which we have designated SCF(COI1)...
- Bowen A, Gonzalez D, Mullins J, Bhatt A, Martinez A, Conlan R. PAH-domain-specific interactions of the Arabidopsis transcription coregulator SIN3-LIKE1 (SNL1) with telomere-binding protein 1 and ALWAYS EARLY2 Myb-DNA binding factors. J Mol Biol. 2010;395:937-49 pubmed publisher..These findings support a diverse role of SNL1 in the regulation of transcription and genome stability. ..
- Fu X, Richards D, Fleck B, Xie D, Burton N, Harberd N. The Arabidopsis mutant sleepy1gar2-1 protein promotes plant growth by increasing the affinity of the SCFSLY1 E3 ubiquitin ligase for DELLA protein substrates. Plant Cell. 2004;16:1406-18 pubmed..Growth-promoting DELLA destruction is dependent on SLY1 availability, on the strength of the interaction between SLY1 and the DELLA target, and on promotion of the SCFSLY1-DELLA interaction by DELLA phosphorylation. ..
- Koops P, Pelser S, Ignatz M, Klose C, Marrocco Selden K, Kretsch T. EDL3 is an F-box protein involved in the regulation of abscisic acid signalling in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:5547-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, the protein is presumed to act as a component of a ubiquitin ligase complex that specifically directs negatively acting factors in ABA signalling to degradation via the proteasome. ..
- Gray W, del Pozo J, Walker L, Hobbie L, Risseeuw E, Banks T, et al. Identification of an SCF ubiquitin-ligase complex required for auxin response in Arabidopsis thaliana. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1678-91 pubmed..These results provide new support for a model in which auxin action depends on the regulated proteolysis of repressor proteins. ..
- Song Y, Estrada D, Johnson R, Kim S, Lee S, MacCoss M, et al. Distinct roles of FKF1, Gigantea, and Zeitlupe proteins in the regulation of Constans stability in Arabidopsis photoperiodic flowering. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:17672-7 pubmed publisher..protein 1 (Skp1)/Cullin(CUL)/F-box complex through interactions with Arabidopsis Skp1-like 1 (ASK1), ASK2, and CUL1 proteins and mainly interacts with GI protein in vivo...
- Angot A, Peeters N, Lechner E, Vailleau F, Baud C, Gentzbittel L, et al. Ralstonia solanacearum requires F-box-like domain-containing type III effectors to promote disease on several host plants. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:14620-5 pubmed....
- Thelander M, Fredriksson D, Schouten J, Hoge J, Ronne H. Cloning by pathway activation in yeast: identification of an Arabidopsis thaliana F-box protein that can turn on glucose repression. Plant Mol Biol. 2002;49:69-79 pubmed..We conclude that our method worked as expected in at least one case, and that it could be applied to other signalling pathways that are conserved between yeast and higher eukaryotes. ..
- Potuschak T, Lechner E, Parmentier Y, Yanagisawa S, Grava S, Koncz C, et al. EIN3-dependent regulation of plant ethylene hormone signaling by two arabidopsis F box proteins: EBF1 and EBF2. Cell. 2003;115:679-89 pubmed..Our work places EBF1 and EBF2 within the genetic framework of the ethylene-response pathway and supports a model in which ethylene action depends on EIN3 protein stabilization. ..
- Schwager K, Calderon Villalobos L, Dohmann E, Willige B, Knierer S, Nill C, et al. Characterization of the VIER F-BOX PROTEINE genes from Arabidopsis reveals their importance for plant growth and development. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1163-78 pubmed..We therefore exclude the possibility that VFBs are functional orthologs of TIR1/AFB proteins. ..
- Takahashi N, Kuroda H, Kuromori T, Hirayama T, Seki M, Shinozaki K, et al. Expression and interaction analysis of Arabidopsis Skp1-related genes. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:83-91 pubmed..As a result, we found diverse binding specificities: ASK1, ASK2, ASK11 and ASK12 interacted well with COI1, FKF1, UFO-like protein, LRR-containing F-box proteins, and other F-box ..
- Sawa M, Nusinow D, Kay S, Imaizumi T. FKF1 and GIGANTEA complex formation is required for day-length measurement in Arabidopsis. Science. 2007;318:261-5 pubmed..Thus, the FKF1-GI complex forms on the CO promoter in late afternoon to regulate CO expression, providing a mechanistic view of how the coincidence of light with circadian timing regulates photoperiodic flowering. ..
- Schrammeijer B, Risseeuw E, Pansegrau W, Regensburg Tuïnk T, Crosby W, Hooykaas P. Interaction of the virulence protein VirF of Agrobacterium tumefaciens with plant homologs of the yeast Skp1 protein. Curr Biol. 2001;11:258-62 pubmed..F box proteins and Skp1p are both subunits of a class of E3 ubiquitin ligases referred to as SCF complexes. Thus, VirF may be involved in the targeted proteolysis of specific host proteins in early stages of the transformation process. ..
- Yasuhara M, Mitsui S, Hirano H, Takanabe R, Tokioka Y, Ihara N, et al. Identification of ASK and clock-associated proteins as molecular partners of LKP2 (LOV kelch protein 2) in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2004;55:2015-27 pubmed..An interaction between LKP2 and APRR5, a paralogue of TOC1, was also observed, but LKP2 did not interact with APRR3, APRR7, or APRR9, other paralogues of TOC1. ..
- Takahashi Y, Ebisu Y, Kinoshita T, Doi M, Okuma E, Murata Y, et al. bHLH transcription factors that facilitate K⁺ uptake during stomatal opening are repressed by abscisic acid through phosphorylation. Sci Signal. 2013;6:ra48 pubmed publisher....
- Jurado S, Diaz Trivino S, Abraham Z, Manzano C, Gutierrez C, Del Pozo C. SKP2A, an F-box protein that regulates cell division, is degraded via the ubiquitin pathway. Plant J. 2008;53:828-41 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that SKP2A is a positive regulator of cell division, and its stability is controlled by auxin-dependent degradation. ..
- Zhao D, Ni W, Feng B, Han T, Petrasek M, Ma H. Members of the Arabidopsis-SKP1-like gene family exhibit a variety of expression patterns and may play diverse roles in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:203-17 pubmed..The diverse expression patterns and distinct defects observed in RNAi plants suggest that the ASK gene family may collectively perform a range of functions and may regulate different developmental and physiological processes. ..
- Pauwels L, Ritter A, Goossens J, Durand A, Liu H, Gu Y, et al. The RING E3 Ligase KEEP ON GOING Modulates JASMONATE ZIM-DOMAIN12 Stability. Plant Physiol. 2015;169:1405-17 pubmed publisher..Our results provide additional evidence for KEG as an important factor in plant hormone signaling and a positive regulator of JAZ12 stability. ..
- Wang Z, Li N, Jiang S, Gonzalez N, Huang X, Wang Y, et al. SCF(SAP) controls organ size by targeting PPD proteins for degradation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11192 pubmed publisher..Further results reveal that SAP physically associates with PEAPOD1 and PEAPOD2, and targets them for degradation. These findings define a molecular mechanism by which SAP and PEAPOD control organ size. ..