Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt3a
Description: Wnt family member 3A
Alias: protein Wnt-3a, wingless-related MMTV integration site 3A, wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 3A
- Wong G, Gavin B, McMahon A. Differential transformation of mammary epithelial cells by Wnt genes. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:6278-86 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the Wnt genes have distinct effects on cell growth and should not be regarded as functionally equivalent. ..
- Yoshikawa Y, Fujimori T, McMahon A, Takada S. Evidence that absence of Wnt-3a signaling promotes neuralization instead of paraxial mesoderm development in the mouse. Dev Biol. 1997;183:234-42 pubmed..These results suggest that Wnt-3a signaling may play a role in regulating paraxial mesodermal fates, at the expense of neurectodermal fates, within the primitive ectoderm of the gastrulating mouse embryo. ..
- Shimizu H, Julius M, Giarre M, Zheng Z, Brown A, Kitajewski J. Transformation by Wnt family proteins correlates with regulation of beta-catenin. Cell Growth Differ. 1997;8:1349-58 pubmed..Activities of the 10 Wnts tested were divisible into three groups. Wnt-1, Wnt-2, Wnt-3, and Wnt3a induced strong transformation and an elongated refractile cell morphology...
- Mikels A, Nusse R. Purified Wnt5a protein activates or inhibits beta-catenin-TCF signaling depending on receptor context. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e115 pubmed..We find that purified Wnt5a inhibits Wnt3a protein-induced canonical Wnt signaling in a dose-dependent manner, not by influencing beta-catenin levels but by ..
- Castelo Branco G, Wagner J, Rodriguez F, Kele J, Sousa K, Rawal N, et al. Differential regulation of midbrain dopaminergic neuron development by Wnt-1, Wnt-3a, and Wnt-5a. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:12747-52 pubmed..These findings indicate that Wnts are key regulators of proliferation and differentiation of DA precursors during VM neurogenesis and that different Wnts have specific and unique activity profiles. ..
- Aulehla A, Wehrle C, Brand Saberi B, Kemler R, Gossler A, Kanzler B, et al. Wnt3a plays a major role in the segmentation clock controlling somitogenesis. Dev Cell. 2003;4:395-406 pubmed..Moreover, Wnt3a is required for oscillating Notch signaling activity in the PSM...
- Muroyama Y, Fujihara M, Ikeya M, Kondoh H, Takada S. Wnt signaling plays an essential role in neuronal specification of the dorsal spinal cord. Genes Dev. 2002;16:548-53 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate that absence of Wnt1 and Wnt3a, normally expressed in the roof plate, leads to diminished development of D1 and D2 neurons and a compensatory ..
- Avila M, Sepulveda F, Burgos C, Moraga Cid G, Parodi J, Moon R, et al. Canonical Wnt3a modulates intracellular calcium and enhances excitatory neurotransmission in hippocampal neurons. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18939-47 pubmed publisher..Here we show that nanomolar concentrations of purified Wnt3a protein rapidly increase the frequency of miniature excitatory synaptic currents in embryonic rat hippocampal ..
- Wisniewska M, Misztal K, Michowski W, Szczot M, Purta E, Lesniak W, et al. LEF1/beta-catenin complex regulates transcription of the Cav3.1 calcium channel gene (Cacna1g) in thalamic neurons of the adult brain. J Neurosci. 2010;30:4957-69 pubmed publisher..of Cacna1g is high in the thalamus and is further increased in thalamic neurons treated in vitro with LiCl or WNT3A, activators of beta-catenin...
- Purro S, Ciani L, Hoyos Flight M, Stamatakou E, Siomou E, Salinas P. Wnt regulates axon behavior through changes in microtubule growth directionality: a new role for adenomatous polyposis coli. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8644-54 pubmed publisher..Time-lapse recordings reveal that Wnt3a rapidly inhibits growth cone translocation while inducing growth cone enlargement...
- Bilic J, Huang Y, Davidson G, Zimmermann T, Cruciat C, Bienz M, et al. Wnt induces LRP6 signalosomes and promotes dishevelled-dependent LRP6 phosphorylation. Science. 2007;316:1619-22 pubmed..We propose that Wnts induce coclustering of receptors and Dvl in LRP6-signalosomes, which in turn triggers LRP6 phosphorylation to promote Axin recruitment and beta-catenin stabilization. ..
- Holmen S, Salic A, Zylstra C, Kirschner M, Williams B. A novel set of Wnt-Frizzled fusion proteins identifies receptor components that activate beta -catenin-dependent signaling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:34727-35 pubmed..The data suggest that the distinction between the two Wnt classes lies not in intrinsic differences in the molecules but via the Frizzled molecules with which they interact. ..
- Kress E, Rezza A, Nadjar J, Samarut J, Plateroti M. The frizzled-related sFRP2 gene is a target of thyroid hormone receptor alpha1 and activates beta-catenin signaling in mouse intestine. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:1234-41 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we describe in this study a novel mechanism of action of sFRP2, responsible for the activation of beta-catenin signaling. ..
- Yokota T, Oritani K, Garrett K, Kouro T, Nishida M, Takahashi I, et al. Soluble frizzled-related protein 1 is estrogen inducible in bone marrow stromal cells and suppresses the earliest events in lymphopoiesis. J Immunol. 2008;181:6061-72 pubmed..SFRP1 has been mainly described as an antagonist for complex Wnt signals. However, we found that sFRP1, like Wnt3a, stabilized beta-catenin and blocked early lymphoid progression...
- González Sancho J, Greer Y, Abrahams C, Takigawa Y, Baljinnyam B, Lee K, et al. Functional consequences of Wnt-induced dishevelled 2 phosphorylation in canonical and noncanonical Wnt signaling. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:9428-37 pubmed publisher..We have previously reported that both Wnt3a and Wnt5a induce Dvl2 phosphorylation that is associated with an electrophoretic mobility shift and loss of ..
- Gnad T, Feoktistova M, Leverkus M, Lendeckel U, Naumann M. Helicobacter pylori-induced activation of beta-catenin involves low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 6 and Dishevelled. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:31 pubmed publisher..We analysed the H. pylori-induced activation of Wnt-signaling factors and demonstrate for the first time that the canonical Wnt-signaling proteins LRP6 and Dvl2 and Dvl3 are involved in the regulation of beta-catenin. ..
- Schinner S, Ulgen F, Papewalis C, Schott M, Woelk A, Vidal Puig A, et al. Regulation of insulin secretion, glucokinase gene transcription and beta cell proliferation by adipocyte-derived Wnt signalling molecules. Diabetologia. 2008;51:147-54 pubmed..Wnt signalling with secreted Frizzled-related protein 1 (FRP-1) inhibited the proliferative effect induced by Wnt3a and FCCM on Ins-1 cells by 49 and 41%, respectively. In addition, FCCM led to a twofold (p < 0...
- Takada S, Stark K, Shea M, Vassileva G, McMahon J, McMahon A. Wnt-3a regulates somite and tailbud formation in the mouse embryo. Genes Dev. 1994;8:174-89 pubmed..We suggest that dysmorphology is secondary to the mesodermal and axial defects and that dorsal patterning of the CNS may be regulated by inductive signals arising from surface ectoderm. ..
- Zhang L, Blomgren K, Kuhn H, Cooper Kuhn C. Effects of postnatal thyroid hormone deficiency on neurogenesis in the juvenile and adult rat. Neurobiol Dis. 2009;34:366-74 pubmed publisher..Quantitative PCR revealed decreased FGF-2, NGF, Wnt3a, and VEGF-A hippocampal expression during PTU treatment, with recovery in adulthood...
- Yokoyama N, Malbon C. Dishevelled-2 docks and activates Src in a Wnt-dependent manner. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:4439-51 pubmed publisherb>Wnt3a activates the ;canonical' signaling pathway, stimulating the nuclear accumulation of beta-catenin and activation of Lef/Tcf-sensitive transcription of developmentally important genes...
- Wawrzak D, Metioui M, Willems E, Hendrickx M, De Genst E, Leyns L. Wnt3a binds to several sFRPs in the nanomolar range. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:1119-23 pubmed..show, using surface plasmon resonance and purified proteins, that sFRP1, sFRP2, sFRP4, and Frzb bind directly to Wnt3a with affinities in the nanomolar range...
- Arun G, Akhade V, Donakonda S, Rao M. mrhl RNA, a long noncoding RNA, negatively regulates Wnt signaling through its protein partner Ddx5/p68 in mouse spermatogonial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3140-52 pubmed publisher..mrhl RNA was downregulated on Wnt3a treatment in Gc1-Spg cells...
- Cohen E, Ihida Stansbury K, Lu M, Panettieri R, Jones P, Morrisey E. Wnt signaling regulates smooth muscle precursor development in the mouse lung via a tenascin C/PDGFR pathway. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2538-49 pubmed publisher..Together, these data define a Wnt/Tnc/Pdgfr signaling axis that is critical for smooth muscle development and disease progression in the lung. ..
- Andersson T, Duckworth J, Fritz N, Lewicka M, Sodersten E, Uhlen P, et al. Noggin and Wnt3a enable BMP4-dependent differentiation of telencephalic stem cells into GluR-agonist responsive neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;47:10-8 pubmed publisher..for the development of neurons derived from the dorsal telencephalon, and co-stimulation of NSCs with BMP4+Wnt3a resulted in a synergistic effect yielding significantly increased number of mature neurons compared to stimulation ..
- Le L, Swingler T, Crowe N, Vincent T, Barter M, Donell S, et al. The microRNA-29 family in cartilage homeostasis and osteoarthritis. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:583-96 pubmed publisher..The miR-29 family is regulated by TGF-Î²1 and IL-1 in chondrocytes. The miR-29 family negatively regulates Smad, NFÎºB, and canonical Wnt signalling. Several Wnt-related genes are direct targets of the miR-29 family. ..
- Lyons J, Mueller U, Ji H, Everett C, Fang X, Hsieh J, et al. Wnt-4 activates the canonical beta-catenin-mediated Wnt pathway and binds Frizzled-6 CRD: functional implications of Wnt/beta-catenin activity in kidney epithelial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2004;298:369-87 pubmed
- Paik J, Ding Z, Narurkar R, Ramkissoon S, Muller F, Kamoun W, et al. FoxOs cooperatively regulate diverse pathways governing neural stem cell homeostasis. Cell Stem Cell. 2009;5:540-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, the FoxO family coordinately regulates diverse genes and pathways to govern key aspects of NSC homeostasis in the mammalian brain. ..
- Le Grand F, Jones A, Seale V, Scime A, Rudnicki M. Wnt7a activates the planar cell polarity pathway to drive the symmetric expansion of satellite stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2009;4:535-47 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Wnt7a signaling through the planar cell polarity pathway controls the homeostatic level of satellite stem cells and hence regulates the regenerative potential of muscle...
- Serysheva E, Berhane H, Grumolato L, Demir K, Balmer S, Bodak M, et al. Wnk kinases are positive regulators of canonical Wnt/?-catenin signalling. EMBO Rep. 2013;14:718-25 pubmed publisher..Importantly, knockdown of human WNK1 and WNK2 also results in decreased Wnt signalling in mammalian cell culture, suggesting that Wnk kinases have a conserved function in ensuring peak levels of canonical Wnt signalling. ..
- Hoffmeyer K, Raggioli A, Rudloff S, Anton R, Hierholzer A, Del Valle I, et al. Wnt/?-catenin signaling regulates telomerase in stem cells and cancer cells. Science. 2012;336:1549-54 pubmed publisher..We uncover a previously unknown link between the stem cell and oncogenic potential whereby ?-catenin regulates Tert expression, and thereby telomere length, which could be critical in human regenerative therapy and cancer. ..
- Wallace K, Marek C, Hoppler S, Wright M. Glucocorticoid-dependent transdifferentiation of pancreatic progenitor cells into hepatocytes is dependent on transient suppression of WNT signalling. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2103-10 pubmed publisher..Glucocorticoid treatment resulted in a transient loss of constitutive WNT3a expression, phosphorylation and depletion of beta-catenin, loss of beta-catenin nuclear localisation, and ..
- Yamamoto H, Komekado H, Kikuchi A. Caveolin is necessary for Wnt-3a-dependent internalization of LRP6 and accumulation of beta-catenin. Dev Cell. 2006;11:213-23 pubmed..Thus, caveolin plays critical roles in inducing the internalization of LRP6 and activating the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway. We also discuss the idea that distinct endocytic pathways correlate with the specificity of Wnt signaling events. ..
- Fan C, Lee C, Tessier Lavigne M. A role for WNT proteins in induction of dermomyotome. Dev Biol. 1997;191:160-5 pubmed..The documented expression of Wnt1 and Wnt3a in the dorsal neural tube and of Wnt4 and Wnt6 in the surface ectoderm at the time of dermomyotome specification ..
- Toyofuku T, Hong Z, Kuzuya T, Tada M, Hori M. Wnt/frizzled-2 signaling induces aggregation and adhesion among cardiac myocytes by increased cadherin-beta-catenin complex. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:225-41 pubmed..These findings suggest that a Wnt-frizzled-2 signaling pathway is centrally involved in the morphological arrangement of cardiac myocytes in neonatal heart through stabilization of complexed cadherin- beta-catenin. ..
- Si W, Kang Q, Luu H, Park J, Luo Q, Song W, et al. CCN1/Cyr61 is regulated by the canonical Wnt signal and plays an important role in Wnt3A-induced osteoblast differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:2955-64 pubmed..Here, we analyzed the gene expression profile of mesenchymal stem cells that were stimulated with Wnt3A. Among the 220 genes whose expression was significantly changed by 2...
- Ren X, Mi J, Jia H, Gao H, Bai Y, Wang W. Reduced Wnt3a expression correlates with poor development of the hindgut in rats with anorectal malformations. Exp Mol Pathol. 2015;99:81-5 pubmed publisherEmbryogenesis is orchestrated by the wingless-type MMTV integration site family (WNT) signaling pathways, including Wnt3a. This study was performed to investigate the expression of Wnt3a in the terminal hindgut in ethylenethiourea (ETU)-..
- Bryja V, Schulte G, Rawal N, Grahn A, Arenas E. Wnt-5a induces Dishevelled phosphorylation and dopaminergic differentiation via a CK1-dependent mechanism. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:586-95 pubmed
- Olkku A, Mahonen A. Wnt and steroid pathways control glutamate signalling by regulating glutamine synthetase activity in osteoblastic cells. Bone. 2008;43:483-93 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the proper understanding of the interplay of these three signalling cascades, i.e., steroidal, Wnt, and glutamate signalling, gives vital information on how bone cells communicate together aiming to keep bone healthy. ..
- Sato A, Yamamoto H, Sakane H, Koyama H, Kikuchi A. Wnt5a regulates distinct signalling pathways by binding to Frizzled2. EMBO J. 2010;29:41-54 pubmed publisher..As another action of Wnt5a, it inhibited Wnt3a-dependent lipoprotein receptor-related protein 6 (LRP6) phosphorylation and beta-catenin accumulation...
- GRUNEBERG H, Wickramaratne G. A re-examination of two skeletal mutants of the mouse, vestigial-tail (vt) and congenital hydrocephalus (ch). J Embryol Exp Morphol. 1974;31:207-22 pubmed
- Luo W, Zou H, Jin L, Lin S, Li Q, Ye Z, et al. Axin contains three separable domains that confer intramolecular, homodimeric, and heterodimeric interactions involved in distinct functions. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5054-60 pubmed..Our findings have thus provided a structural basis of conformational changes in Axin, which may underlie the diversity of Axin functions. ..
- Kanazawa A, Tsukada S, Kamiyama M, Yanagimoto T, Nakajima M, Maeda S. Wnt5b partially inhibits canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway and promotes adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:505-10 pubmed..found that Wnt5b overexpression in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes was able to partially prevent the inhibitory effect of Wnt3a on adipogenesis...
- Viti J, Gulacsi A, Lillien L. Wnt regulation of progenitor maturation in the cortex depends on Shh or fibroblast growth factor 2. J Neurosci. 2003;23:5919-27 pubmed..5 were found preferentially in the SVZ at E16.5. These findings suggest that Wnts depend on Shh or FGF2 to promote progenitor maturation to an SVZ state in the embryonic cortex. ..
- Pino D, Choe Y, Pleasure S. Wnt5a controls neurite development in olfactory bulb interneurons. ASN Neuro. 2011;3:e00059 pubmed publisher..This represents a novel role for Wnt5a in the development of OB interneurons and suggests that canonical and non-canonical Wnt pathways dynamically oppose each other in the regulation of dendrite maturation. ..
- Berwick D, Harvey K. LRRK2 functions as a Wnt signaling scaffold, bridging cytosolic proteins and membrane-localized LRP6. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:4966-79 pubmed publisher..Finally, a newly developed LRRK2 kinase inhibitor disrupted Wnt signaling to a similar extent as pathogenic LRRK2 mutations. The use of LRRK2 kinase inhibition to treat PD may therefore need reconsideration. ..
- Hooper C, Killick R, Fernandes C, Cocks G, Sugden D, Lovestone S. Transcriptomic profiles of Wnt3a and insulin in primary cultured rat cortical neurones. J Neurochem. 2011;118:512-20 pubmed publisher..microarrays were used to explore the expression profiles of rat primary cortical neurones treated with recombinant Wnt3a (10 nM) or insulin (50 nM) for 2 h...
- Du Y, Zhang S, Yu T, Du G, Zhang H, Yin Z. Wnt3a is critical for endothelial progenitor cell-mediated neural stem cell proliferation and differentiation. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:2473-82 pubmed publisher..The wingless?type MMTV integration site family, member 3a (Wnt3a)/?-catenin signaling pathway was analyzed by western blot analysis and reverse transcription?quantitative ..
- Yamamoto S, Nishimura O, Misaki K, Nishita M, Minami Y, Yonemura S, et al. Cthrc1 selectively activates the planar cell polarity pathway of Wnt signaling by stabilizing the Wnt-receptor complex. Dev Cell. 2008;15:23-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Cthrc1 is a Wnt cofactor protein that selectively activates the Wnt/PCP pathway by stabilizing ligand-receptor interaction. ..
- Kawai M, Mushiake S, Bessho K, Murakami M, Namba N, Kokubu C, et al. Wnt/Lrp/beta-catenin signaling suppresses adipogenesis by inhibiting mutual activation of PPARgamma and C/EBPalpha. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:276-82 pubmed..However, the precise mechanisms remain to be elucidated. In this study, we demonstrated that Wnt3a conditioned medium suppresses C/EBPbeta/delta-induced adipogenesis of 3T3-L1 cells by inhibiting PPARgamma ..
- Bryja V, Schulte G, Arenas E. Wnt-3a utilizes a novel low dose and rapid pathway that does not require casein kinase 1-mediated phosphorylation of Dvl to activate beta-catenin. Cell Signal. 2007;19:610-6 pubmed..Thus, our results show that Wnt-3a rapidly induce a partial activation of beta-catenin in the absence of PS-Dvl at low doses, while at high doses induce a full activation of beta-catenin in a PS-Dvl-dependent manner. ..
- De Ferrari G, Chacon M, Barría M, Garrido J, Godoy J, Olivares G, et al. Activation of Wnt signaling rescues neurodegeneration and behavioral impairments induced by beta-amyloid fibrils. Mol Psychiatry. 2003;8:195-208 pubmed
- Alfieri C, Cheek J, Chakraborty S, Yutzey K. Wnt signaling in heart valve development and osteogenic gene induction. Dev Biol. 2010;338:127-35 pubmed publisher..At E17.5, both Wnt3a and Wnt7b are expressed in the remodeling atrioventricular (AV) and semilunar valves...
- Paige S, Osugi T, Afanasiev O, Pabon L, Reinecke H, Murry C. Endogenous Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is required for cardiac differentiation in human embryonic stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11134 pubmed publisher..Addition of exogenous Wnt3a at the time of induction enhanced cardiac differentiation, while early inhibition of endogenous Wnt/beta-catenin ..
- Mihara E, Hirai H, Yamamoto H, Tamura Kawakami K, Matano M, Kikuchi A, et al. Active and water-soluble form of lipidated Wnt protein is maintained by a serum glycoprotein afamin/Î±-albumin. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..We purified N-terminally tagged recombinant Wnt3a secreted from cells and accidentally discovered that Wnt3a co-purified with a glycoprotein afamin derived from the ..
- Reya T, Duncan A, Ailles L, Domen J, Scherer D, Willert K, et al. A role for Wnt signalling in self-renewal of haematopoietic stem cells. Nature. 2003;423:409-14 pubmed..We conclude that the Wnt signalling pathway is critical for normal HSC homeostasis in vitro and in vivo, and provide insight into a potential molecular hierarchy of regulation of HSC development. ..
- Guo Y, Mishra A, Weng T, Chintagari N, Wang Y, Zhao C, et al. Wnt3a mitigates acute lung injury by reducing P2X7 receptor-mediated alveolar epithelial type I cell death. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1286 pubmed publisher..We examined the effect of P2X7R agonist 2'-3'-O-(4-benzoylbenzoyl)-ATP (BzATP) and Wnt agonist Wnt3a on AEC I death in vitro and in vivo...
- Yang X, Bi Y, Chen E, Feng D. Overexpression of Wnt3a facilitates the proliferation and neural differentiation of neural stem cells in vitro and after transplantation into an injured rat retina. J Neurosci Res. 2014;92:148-61 pubmed publisher..The present study investigated whether transplantation of neural stem cells (NSCs) genetically modified to express Wnt3a is a promising approach to overcome these difficulties...
- Suriben R, Kivimäe S, Fisher D, Moon R, Cheyette B. Posterior malformations in Dact1 mutant mice arise through misregulated Vangl2 at the primitive streak. Nat Genet. 2009;41:977-85 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Dact1 contributes to morphogenesis at the primitive streak by regulating Vangl2 upstream of cell adhesion and the PCP pathway. ..
- Lee C, Buttitta L, May N, Kispert A, Fan C. SHH-N upregulates Sfrp2 to mediate its competitive interaction with WNT1 and WNT4 in the somitic mesoderm. Development. 2000;127:109-18 pubmed..show that SFRP2-expressing cells can reduce the dermomyotome-inducing activity of WNT1 and WNT4, but not that of WNT3a. Together, our results support the model that SHH-N at least in part employs SFRP2 to reduce WNT1/4 activity in ..
- Nakaya M, Biris K, Tsukiyama T, Jaime S, Rawls J, Yamaguchi T. Wnt3a links left-right determination with segmentation and anteroposterior axis elongation. Development. 2005;132:5425-36 pubmed..How morphogenesis is coupled to axis specification is not well understood. We demonstrate that Wnt3a is required for LR asymmetry...
- Pinson K, Brennan J, Monkley S, Avery B, Skarnes W. An LDL-receptor-related protein mediates Wnt signalling in mice. Nature. 2000;407:535-8 pubmed..Furthermore, we show a genetic enhancement of a Wnt mutant phenotype in mice lacking one functional copy of LRP6. Together, our results support a broad role for LRP6 in the transduction of several Wnt signals in mammals. ..
- González Sancho J, Brennan K, Castelo Soccio L, Brown A. Wnt proteins induce dishevelled phosphorylation via an LRP5/6- independent mechanism, irrespective of their ability to stabilize beta-catenin. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:4757-68 pubmed..Our data also present Dvl phosphorylation as a general biochemical assay for Wnt protein function, including those Wnts that do not activate the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway. ..
- Chacón M, Varela Nallar L, Inestrosa N. Frizzled-1 is involved in the neuroprotective effect of Wnt3a against Abeta oligomers. J Cell Physiol. 2008;217:215-27 pubmed publisher..We report here that Frizzled-1 mediates the activation of the canonical Wnt/beta-catenin pathway by Wnt3a in PC12 cells...
- Nam J, Turcotte T, Smith P, Choi S, Yoon J. Mouse cristin/R-spondin family proteins are novel ligands for the Frizzled 8 and LRP6 receptors and activate beta-catenin-dependent gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:13247-57 pubmed..Our findings expand the repertoire of ligands that induce beta-catenin/TCF-dependent gene activation and implicate the presence of active beta-catenin-dependent gene activation in a Wnt-free biological context. ..
- Hii H, Liao M, Chen S, Wu C, Shih C. Distinct Patterns of Wnt3a and Wnt5a Signaling Pathway in the Lung from Rats with Endotoxic Shock. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0134492 pubmed publisher..Recent studies reveal regulatory roles of Wnt3a and Wnt5a signaling in inflammatory processes...
- Oderup C, Lajevic M, Butcher E. Canonical and noncanonical Wnt proteins program dendritic cell responses for tolerance. J Immunol. 2013;190:6126-34 pubmed publisher..b>Wnt3A triggers canonical ?-catenin signaling and preferentially induces DC TGF-? and VEGF production, whereas Wnt5A ..
- Xavier C, Melikova M, Chuman Y, Uren A, Baljinnyam B, Rubin J. Secreted Frizzled-related protein potentiation versus inhibition of Wnt3a/?-catenin signaling. Cell Signal. 2014;26:94-101 pubmed publisher..Here, we present evidence that sFRP1 either inhibits or enhances signaling in the Wnt3a/?-catenin pathway, depending on its concentration and the cellular context...
- van Amerongen R, Mikels A, Nusse R. Alternative wnt signaling is initiated by distinct receptors. Sci Signal. 2008;1:re9 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss basic principles of signal transduction initiated at the cell membrane, with the Wnt pathway, which harbors a multitude of ligands and receptors, as an example. ..
- Kelly J, Kleemann D, Rudiger S, Walker S. Effects of grade of oocyte-cumulus complex and the interactions between grades on the production of blastocysts in the cow, ewe and lamb. Reprod Domest Anim. 2007;42:577-82 pubmed
- Steele B, Harper M, Macaulay I, Morrell C, Perez Tamayo A, Foy M, et al. Canonical Wnt signaling negatively regulates platelet function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:19836-41 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the Wnt3a ligand inhibits platelet adhesion, activation, dense granule secretion, and aggregation...
- Liu G, Bafico A, Harris V, Aaronson S. A novel mechanism for Wnt activation of canonical signaling through the LRP6 receptor. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:5825-35 pubmed..Thus, Wnt canonical signaling through LRP6 establishes a novel mechanism for receptor activation which is opposite to the general paradigm of ligand-induced receptor oligomerization. ..
- Brack A, Murphy Seiler F, Hanifi J, Deka J, Eyckerman S, Keller C, et al. BCL9 is an essential component of canonical Wnt signaling that mediates the differentiation of myogenic progenitors during muscle regeneration. Dev Biol. 2009;335:93-105 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a critical role of BCL9/9-2 in the Wnt-mediated regulation of adult, as opposed to embryonic, myogenic progenitors. ..
- Von Marschall Z, Fisher L. Secreted Frizzled-related protein-2 (sFRP2) augments canonical Wnt3a-induced signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;400:299-304 pubmed publisher..Using human embryonic kidney cells (HEK293A), we found that sFRP2 enhanced Wnt3a-dependent phosphorylation of LRP6 as well as both cytosolic ?-catenin levels and its nuclear translocation...
- Lee J, Ishimoto A, Yanagawa S. Characterization of mouse dishevelled (Dvl) proteins in Wnt/Wingless signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:21464-70 pubmed..These results are direct evidence that Dsh family proteins mediate a set of conserved biochemical processes in the Wnt/Wg signaling pathway. ..
- Chiquet B, Blanton S, Burt A, Ma D, Stal S, Mulliken J, et al. Variation in WNT genes is associated with non-syndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:2212-8 pubmed publisher..To assess the role of the Wnt family of genes in NSCLP, we interrogated seven Wnt genes (Wnt3, Wnt3A, Wnt5A, Wnt7A, Wnt8A, Wnt9B and Wnt11) in our well-defined NSCLP dataset...
- Nakamura I, Fernández Barrena M, Ortiz Ruiz M, Almada L, Hu C, Elsawa S, et al. Activation of the transcription factor GLI1 by WNT signaling underlies the role of SULFATASE 2 as a regulator of tissue regeneration. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21389-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, together these findings define a novel pathway in which SULF2 regulates tissue regeneration in part via the activation of a novel WNT-GLI1-CYCLIN D1 pathway. ..
- Lu W, Yamamoto V, Ortega B, Baltimore D. Mammalian Ryk is a Wnt coreceptor required for stimulation of neurite outgrowth. Cell. 2004;119:97-108 pubmed..Thus, Ryk appears to play a crucial role in Wnt-mediated signaling. ..
- Takada R, Hijikata H, Kondoh H, Takada S. Analysis of combinatorial effects of Wnts and Frizzleds on beta-catenin/armadillo stabilization and Dishevelled phosphorylation. Genes Cells. 2005;10:919-28 pubmed
- Hie M, Iitsuka N, Otsuka T, Tsukamoto I. Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus decreases osteoblastogenesis associated with the inhibition of Wnt signaling through increased expression of Sost and Dkk1 and inhibition of Akt activation. Int J Mol Med. 2011;28:455-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that insulin-deficiency in IDDM decreases osteoblastogenesis associated with inhibition of Wnt signaling through the increased expression of Sost and Dkk1 and the inhibition of Akt activation. ..