Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Retn
- Resistin-binding peptide antagonizes role of resistin on white adipose tissueNan Gu
Department of Pediatrics, Nanjing Maternal and Child Health Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 28:221-6. 2007To investigate the direct effects of resistin and resistin-binding peptide (RBP) on lipid metabolism and endocrine function in adipose tissue.
- Mechanical stretch enhances the expression of resistin gene in cultured cardiomyocytes via tumor necrosis factor-alphaBao Wei Wang
Division of Cardiology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H2305-12. 2007The heart is a resistin target tissue and can function as an autocrine organ...
- Long-time alcohol intake modifies resistin secretion and expression of resistin gene in adipose tissueE Pravdova
Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Vlarska 3, 833 06 Bratislava, Slovakia
Gen Physiol Biophys 26:221-9. 2007Elevated serum resistin is implicated in insulin resistance associated with obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Alcohol consumption interferes with the nutritional status, metabolic and hormonal activity of the drinker...
- A paradox: insulin inhibits expression and secretion of resistin which induces insulin resistanceFeng Liu
Institute of Pediatrics of Nanjing Maternity and Child Health Hospital of the Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210004, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:95-100. 2008To confirm whether insulin regulates resistin expression and secretion during differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes and the relationship of resistin with insulin resistance both in vivo and in vitro.
- The molecular regulation of resistin expression in cultured vascular smooth muscle cells under hypoxiaHuei Fong Hung
Division of Cardiology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Hypertens 26:2349-60. 2008b>Resistin has a potential role in atherosclerosis because resistin produces proinflammatory effects in the vascular wall. However, the molecular mechanism of resistin increase in atherosclerosis remains unclear...
- Supraphysiological triiodothyronine doses diminish leptin and adiponectin gene expression, but do not alter resistin expression in calorie restricted obese ratsR A M Luvizotto
Department of Clinical Medicine, Botucatu School of Medicine, UNESP University of São Paulo State, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Horm Metab Res 43:452-7. 2011..present study determined the effect of T(3) on serum concentrations and gene expression of the adipokines leptin, resistin, and adiponectin in calorie-restricted obese rats...
- Serum concentrations of leptin, adiponectin and resistin, and their relationship with cardiovascular disease in patients with end-stage renal diseaseJuan J Diez
Department of Endocrinology, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 62:242-9. 2005..Our aims were (1) to quantify the serum concentrations of leptin, adiponectin and resistin in uraemic patients on peritoneal dialysis (PD) and haemodialysis (HD), in comparison with patients on ..
- Regulation of resistin by gonadal, thyroid hormone, and nutritional statusRuben Nogueiras
Department of Physiology, Universitario de Santiago, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Obes Res 11:408-14. 2003b>Resistin was recently identified as a hormone secreted by adipocytes that is under hormonal and nutritional control. This hormone has been suggested to be the link between obesity and type 2 diabetes...
- The hormone resistin links obesity to diabetesC M Steppan
Department of Medicine, The Penn Diabetes Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Nature 409:307-12. 2001..Here we show that adipocytes secrete a unique signalling molecule, which we have named resistin (for resistance to insulin)...
- Cytokine expression in the visceral adipose tissue after laparoscopic and conventional surgery in a rodent modelPhilipp Lingohr
Department of General, Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Med Res 21:4. 2016..However, an in vivo experimental evidence is lacking and is the issue of our present study...
- Vitamin D deficiency in obese rats exacerbates nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and increases hepatic resistin and Toll-like receptor activationChristian L Roth
Division of Endocrinology, Seattle Children s Hospital Research Institute, 1900 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Hepatology 55:1103-11. 2012..48, P < 0.05). Hepatic messenger RNA (mRNA) levels of Toll-like receptors (TLR)2, TLR4, and TLR9, as well as resistin, interleukins (IL)-1β, IL-4, and IL-6 and oxidative stress marker heme oxygenase (HO)-1, were higher in WD+VDD ..
- [The relationship between resistin and the peripheral neuropathy in type 2 diabetes]Xiao Hong Wang
Deptment of Rehabilitation, Second Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan 250033, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:1755-7. 2007To investigate the relationship between the serum resistin concentration and type 2 DM with peripheral neuropathy.
- Resistin gene promoter region polymorphism and the risk of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in patientsSabir Hussain
Department of Biochemistry, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad 45320, Pakistan
Transl Res 155:142-7. 2010b>Resistin, a novel cytokine, is associated with an inflammatory process and is suggested to induce hypertrophy in rat cardiomyocytes. Resistin gene expression has not been investigated in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)...
- Experimental hyperthyroidism decreases gene expression and serum levels of adipokines in obesityRenata de Azevedo Melo Luvizotto
Department of Internal Medicine, Botucatu School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo State, 18618 000 Botucatu, SP, Brazil
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:780890. 2012To analyze the influence of hyperthyroidism on the gene expression and serum concentration of leptin, resistin, and adiponectin in obese animals.
- Over expression of resistin in adipose tissue of the obese induces insulin resistance- Sadashiv
Sadashiv, Sunita Tiwari, S Dhananjai, Department of Physiology, CSM Medical University, Lucknow 226003, India
World J Diabetes 3:135-41. 2012To compare resistin mRNA expression in subcutaneous adipose tissue (SAT) and its correlation with insulin resistance (IR) in postmenopausal obese women.
- Adiponectin and resistin protect steatotic livers undergoing transplantationMonica B Jimenez-Castro
Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 59:1208-14. 2013..Controversial roles for adiponectin and related adipocytokines visfatin and resistin have been described in different liver pathologies, nevertheless it is unknown their possible implication in ..
- Resistin mediates the hepatic stellate cell phenotypeZhi Xia Dong
Department of Infectious Disease, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200240, China
World J Gastroenterol 19:4475-85. 2013To describe the role of resistin in liver fibrosis.
- The effect of L-arginine supplementation on serum resistin concentration in insulin resistance in animal modelsM Szulińska
Department of Internal Medicine, Metabolic Disorders and Hypertension, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 18:575-80. 2014..Understanding the mechanism of development of the insulin resistance associated with obesity is crucial in identifying new therapeutic options for obese patients...
- Regulation of adipokines by polyunsaturated fatty acids in a rat model of non-alcoholic steatohepatitisWen Jin Ding
Department of Gastroenterology, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092
Arch Iran Med 17:563-8. 2014..Thus, the aim of our study was to investigate the effects of PUFAs on adipokines, as well as lipid and glycometabolism, in a rat model of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)...
- (13)C metabolic flux analysis shows that resistin impairs the metabolic response to insulin in L6E9 myotubesShirley Guzmán
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biology, Universitat de Barcelona, Av Diagonal 643, 08028, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Syst Biol 8:109. 2014It has been suggested that the adipokine resistin links obesity and insulin resistance, although how resistin acts on muscle metabolism is controversial...
- The adipocytokine resistin stimulates the production of proinflammatory cytokines TNF-α and IL-6 in pancreatic acinar cells via NF-κB activationC Y Jiang
Department of General Surgery, Huadong Hospital affiliated to Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
J Endocrinol Invest 36:986-92. 2013b>Resistin, an adipocytokine secreted by fat tissues, has been associated with the inflammatory response, though its role in inflammation during acute pancreatitis (AP) remains unclear.
- Diet-induced variability of the resistin gene (Retn) transcript level and methylation profile in ratsJoanna Nowacka-Woszuk
Department of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Poznan University of Life Sciences, Wolynska 33, 60 637, Poznan, Poland
BMC Genet 16:113. 2015..One of the important factors produced in fat tissue is resistin (Retn). It has been postulated that this hormone is involved in glucose homeostasis and insulin resistance...
- Sitagliptin decreases ventricular arrhythmias by attenuated glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP)-dependent resistin signalling in infarcted ratsTsung Ming Lee
Department of Medicine, Cardiology Section, China Medical University An Nan Hospital, Tainan 70911, Taiwan Department of Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung 40447, Taiwan Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung 40447, Taiwan Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 11031, Taiwan
Biosci Rep 36:. 2016Myocardial infarction (MI) was associated with insulin resistance, in which resistin acts as a critical mediator...
- Hyperresistinemia - a novel feature in systemic infection during human pregnancyShali Mazaki-Tovi
Perinatology Research Branch, Intramural Division, NICHD NIH DHHS, Hutzel Women s Hospital, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 63:358-69. 2010b>Resistin, originally described as an adipokine, has emerged as a potent pro-inflammatory protein associated with both acute and chronic inflammation...
- Serum resistin is associated with the severity of microangiopathies in type 2 diabetesHaruhiko Osawa
Department of Molecular and Genetic Medicine, Ehime, University Graduate School of Medicine, Toon, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 355:342-6. 2007b>Resistin, secreted from adipocytes, causes insulin resistance and diabetes in rodents. To determine the relation between serum resistin and diabetic microangiopathies in humans, we analyzed 238 Japanese T2DM subjects...
- [The significance of resistin concentration in metabolical diseases]Dragisa Rasić
Medicinski fakultet Univerziteta Pristina Kosovska Mitrovica, Interna klinika, Pristina Kosovska Mitrovica, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 67:965-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine the resistin significance in patients with various forms of metabolic diseases.
- Serum resistin levels in critically ill patients are associated with inflammation, organ dysfunction and metabolism and may predict survival of non-septic patientsAlexander Koch
Department of Medicine III, RWTH University Hospital Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Crit Care 13:R95. 2009..The pathogenesis of insulin resistance (IR) in critically ill patients is complex and not fully understood. Resistin is a hormone mainly derived from macrophages in humans and from adipose tissue in rodents, which regulates ..
- Expression and effect of resistin on bovine and rat granulosa cell steroidogenesis and proliferationVirginie Maillard
Unite de Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, UMR85, Equipe Métabolisme et Reproduction, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, F 37 380 Nouzilly, France
Reproduction 141:467-79. 2011b>Resistin, initially identified in adipose tissue and macrophages, was implicated in insulin resistance...
- Resistin contributes to neointimal formation via oxidative stress after vascular injuryKou Gi Shyu
Department of Neurology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Sci (Lond) 120:121-9. 2011b>Resistin may play a major potential role in vascular remodelling and may contribute to atherogenesis. However, the role of VSMC (vascular smooth muscle cell)-derived resistin in neointimal formation is not well understood...
- Association of resistin with urinary albumin excretion in nondiabetic patients with essential hypertensionCostas Tsioufis
First Cardiology Clinic, Hippokration Hospital, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Am J Hypertens 23:681-6. 2010Evidence suggests that resistin, a recently described protein, is associated with subclinical atherosclerosis in different clinical settings...
- Plasma adiponectin and resistin levels as predictors of mortality in patients with acute myocardial infarction: data from infarction prognosis study registrySang Hak Lee
Cardiology Division, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Coron Artery Dis 20:33-9. 2009Adiponectin and resistin, which have counteracting effects, are suggested to be associated with inflammation and atherosclerosis. The relationship between their levels and prognosis in high risk patients is, however, still unclear...
- High resistin and interleukin-6 levels are associated with gestational diabetes mellitusMariusz Kuzmicki
Department of Pathophysiology of Pregnancy, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Gynecol Endocrinol 25:258-63. 2009b>Resistin is a cysteine-rich adipokine originally described as a molecular link between obesity and insulin resistance in rodents...
- Isolation and identification of potential urinary microparticle biomarkers of bladder cancerDavid M Smalley
Mellon Medical Biomarker Discovery Laboratory, W M Keck Laboratory for Mass Spectrometry, Department of Urology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Proteome Res 7:2088-96. 2008..five proteins associated with the epidermal growth factor receptor pathway, the alpha subunit of GsGTP binding protein, resistin, and retinoic acid-induced protein 3. Further studies will be needed to validate these potential biomarkers.
- Resistin promotes cardiac hypertrophy via the AMP-activated protein kinase/mammalian target of rapamycin (AMPK/mTOR) and c-Jun N-terminal kinase/insulin receptor substrate 1 (JNK/IRS1) pathwaysSoojeong Kang
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 286:18465-73. 2011b>Resistin has been suggested to be involved in the development of diabetes and insulin resistance...
- Resistin, a new adipokine, is related to inflammation and renal function in kidney allograft recipientsJ Malyszko
Department of Nephrology and Transplantology
Transplant Proc 38:3434-6. 2006Among patients without chronic kidney disease, resistin, an adipocytokine, has been related to inflammatory markers, coronary artery disease, and cardiovascular disease in the metabolic syndrome...
- Resistin level in coronary artery disease and heart failure: the central role of kidney functionSamuele Baldasseroni
Department of Critical Care Medicine and Surgery, University of Florence and Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Viale Morgagni 85, Florence, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 14:150-7. 2013The aim of this study was to evaluate resistin levels in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD) with or without chronic heart failure, in order to define its independent predictor.
- Improvement of lipid profile and reduction of body weight by shan he jian fei granules in high fat diet-induced obese ratsSheng Yun Sun
Institute of Qi and Blood of Integrative Medicine, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Clin Lab 58:81-7. 2012The goal was to study lipid profiles (TG, TC, LDL, HDL), effects on serum leptin, and fat tissue adiponectin, and resistin as well as body weight effects of Shan He Jian Fei Granules (SHJFG) in rats on a high fat diet.
- Correlates of resistin in children with chronic kidney disease: the chronic kidney disease in children cohortEdward Nehus
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Pediatr 161:276-80. 2012To test the hypothesis that resistin is associated with insulin resistance and inflammation in pediatric patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD).
- Low resistin level is associated with poor hospitalization-free survival in hemodialysis patientsWookyung Chung
Department of Internal Medicine, Gachon University of Medicine and Science, Incheon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 27:377-81. 2012Malnutrition and inflammation are related to high rates of morbidity and mortality in hemodialysis patients. Resistin is associated with nutrition and inflammation...
- Infliximab modifies mesenteric adipose tissue alterations and intestinal inflammation in rats with TNBS-induced colitisThayane Rodrigues Leite Clemente
Clinical Pharmacology and Gastroenterology Unit, Sao Francisco University Medical School, Braganca Paulista, SP, Brazil
Scand J Gastroenterol 47:943-50. 2012....
- Identification of variables influencing resistin serum levels in patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitusA Schaffler
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Regensburg, D 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Horm Metab Res 36:702-7. 2004b>Resistin, a peptide hormone, has been discussed controversially as a missing link between obesity and insulin resistance...
- Central resistin enhances renal sympathetic nerve activity via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase but reduces the activity to brown adipose tissue via extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2S Kosari
School of Medical Sciences and Health Innovations Research Institute, RMIT University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Neuroendocrinol 24:1432-9. 2012b>Resistin is an adipokine, originally identified in adipose tissue, and its plasma levels are elevated in obesity...
- [Effects of resistin on hepatic fibrosis: possible mechanisms in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in in vitro and in vivo]Yun Peng Yang
Department of Pathology, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Dongwuxue Yanjiu 33:367-72. 2012To investigate the effects and possible mechanisms of resistin on hepatic fibrosis in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, this review used an in vivo model utilizing Wistar rats with a high fat diet...
- Impact of uremia on human adipose tissue phenotypeKaren J Ho
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Surg Res 179:175-82. 2013..We hypothesized that adipose from uremic patients holds a relatively higher adipose-derived hormone and proinflammatory adipokine signature; we simultaneously evaluated the impact of clinical parameters on adipose phenotype...
- Inverse association between serum resistin and insulin resistance in humansS Dominguez Coello
Research Unit, La Candelaria Universitary Hospital and Primary Health Care, Canary Health Service, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 82:256-61. 2008To determine how serum concentrations of resistin are distributed in humans in relation to insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and obesity.
- Polymorphism in resistin promoter region at -420 determines the serum resistin levels and may be a risk marker of stroke in Japanese type 2 diabetic patientsTakayoshi Tsukahara
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsuruma cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 84:179-86. 2009b>Resistin, which appears to be related to insulin resistance, is secreted mainly from macrophages in human and some of its polymorphisms have been reported...
- Association of -394C>G and -420C>G polymorphisms in the RETN gene with T2DM and CHD and a new potential SNP might be exist in exon 3 of RETN gene in ChineseShuguang Chi
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, and Center of Neuroscience, Fujian Medical University, 88 Jiaotong Road, Fuzhou, 350004, China
Mol Cell Biochem 330:31-8. 2009Genetic variations of the human RETN gene are associated with metabolic phenotypes, including obesity, insulin sensitivity, diabetes, and coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Possible common central pathway for resistin and insulin in regulating food intakeC Cifani
Department of Experimental Medicine and Public Health, University of Camerino, 62032 Camerino, Italy
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 196:395-400. 2009..Examination of adipocyte-secreted peptides led to the identification of a unique polypeptide, resistin (RSTN), which has been suggested as a link between obesity and diabetes...
- Resistin regulates pituitary somatotrope cell function through the activation of multiple signaling pathwaysFrancisca Rodriguez-Pacheco
Department of Cell Biology, Edificio Severo Ochoa, University of Cordoba, E 14014 Cordoba, Spain
Endocrinology 150:4643-52. 2009The adipokine resistin is an insulin-antagonizing factor that also plays a regulatory role in inflammation, immunity, food intake, and gonadal function...
- A pilot study suggests that the G/G genotype of resistin single nucleotide polymorphism at -420 may be an independent predictor of a reduction in fasting plasma glucose and insulin resistance by pioglitazone in type 2 diabetesHideichi Makino
Institute of Diabetes Research Center, Takanoko Hospital, Ehime, Japan
Endocr J 56:1049-58. 2009The aim of this study was to determine the relation between the G/G genotype of a resistin gene promoter single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) at -420 (rs1862513) and glycemic control by pioglitazone in type 2 diabetes...
- [Role of resistin in inflammation of hepatocytes in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis]Cai Yan Zhao
Department of Infectious Disease, Third Affiliated Hospital, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050051, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 17:683-7. 2009To investigate the role and molecular mechanism of resistin in inflammation of hepatocytes in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Regulation of resistin by cyclic mechanical stretch in cultured rat vascular smooth muscle cellsBao Wei Wang
School of Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taipei County, Taiwan
Clin Sci (Lond) 118:221-30. 2009b>Resistin has a potential role in atherosclerosis; however, the molecular mechanism underlying the increase in resistin expression in atherosclerosis remains unclear...
- S-resistin inhibits adipocyte differentiation and increases TNFalpha expression and secretion in 3T3-L1 cellsCarmen M Fernández
Centro Regional de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Toledo, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1803:1131-41. 2010S-resistin is a non-secretable resistin spliced variant described in white adipose tissue from Wistar rats...
- Centrally administered resistin enhances sympathetic nerve activity to the hindlimb but attenuates the activity to brown adipose tissueS Kosari
School of Medical Sciences, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University, P O Box 71, Bundoora 3083, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Endocrinology 152:2626-33. 2011b>Resistin, an adipokine, is believed to act in the brain to influence energy homeostasis. Plasma resistin levels are elevated in obesity and are associated with metabolic and cardiovascular disease...
- CNS melanocortin and leptin effects on stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1 and resistin expressionJi Lin
Department of Animal and Dairy Science, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 311:324-8. 2003..was to determine whether centrally administered leptin decreased liver and adipose SCD1 expression or adipose resistin expression, and whether these effects were mediated by central melanocortin receptors...
- Short-term pioglitazone treatment prevents free fatty acid-induced hepatic insulin resistance in normal rats: possible role of the resistin and adiponectinGangyi Yang
Department of Endocrinology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing 400010, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 339:1190-6. 2006..with pioglitazone (Pio, 4mg/kg x d) on hepatic and peripheral insulin sensitivity, plasma adiponectin, and resistin concentrations in lipid-infused rats...
- Association of resistin with visceral fat and muscle insulin resistanceStephen E Borst
Department of Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 8206, USA
Cytokine 32:39-44. 2005..058). Glucose tolerance was not significantly affected by surgical fat removal. In VF- animals, serum resistin was reduced 26% (p<0.05) and serum adiponectin was reduced 30% (p<0...
- Effects of free fatty acids on plasma resistin and insulin resistance in awake ratsGangyi Yang
Department of Endocrinology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400010, China
Metabolism 54:1142-6. 2005b>Resistin has been postulated to play a role in obesity-related insulin resistance. To explore this possibility, we have investigated effects of acute euglycemic (5.2+/-0...
- Stimulated resistin expression in white adipose of rats with bile duct ligation-induced liver cirrhosis: relationship to cirrhotic hyperinsulinemia and increased tumor necrosis factor-alphaShih Yi Lin
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Cell Endocrinol 232:1-8. 2005b>Resistin, an adipose-derived polypeptide hormone, is proposed as a candidate of insulin resistance, although its roles in inhibiting adipogenesis and in inflammation have also been suggested...
- Resistin mRNA levels are downregulated by estrogen in vivo and in vitroSeng Wong Huang
School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
FEBS Lett 579:449-54. 2005b>Resistin, a hormone secreted by adipocytes, is suggested to be an important link between obesity and diabetes...
- An update on the biology and physiology of resistinE Adeghate
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, P O Box 17666, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Cell Mol Life Sci 61:2485-96. 2004b>Resistin is a newly discovered adipocyte hormone. It is related to resistin-like molecules alpha, beta and gamma in structure and function...
- Novel expression of resistin in rat testis: functional role and regulation by nutritional status and hormonal factorsRuben Nogueiras
Department of Physiology, University of Santiago de Compostela, C San Francisco s n, 15705, Spain
J Cell Sci 117:3247-57. 2004b>Resistin, a recently cloned adipose-secreted factor, is primarily involved in the modulation of insulin sensitivity and adipocyte differentiation...
- Resistin promotes 3T3-L1 preadipocyte differentiationHaixia Gong
Department of Pediatrics, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 121 Jiangjiayuan Road, Nanjing, 210011, People s Republic of China
Eur J Endocrinol 150:885-92. 2004To investigate the relationship between resistin (a potential link between obesity and type 2 diabetes) and preadipocyte differentiation.
- Alternative splicing generates a novel non-secretable resistin isoform in Wistar ratsA Del Arco
Area de Bioquímica, Centro Regional de Investigaciones Biomédicas CRIB, Facultad de Ciencias del Medio Ambiente, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Av De Carlos III s n, 45071, Toledo, Spain
FEBS Lett 555:243-9. 2003b>Resistin is a secreted adipose tissue hormone that belongs to the resistin-like molecule family...
- Resistin as a putative modulator of insulin action in the daily feeding/fasting rhythmP Oliver
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Nutrition and Biotechnology, Department of Fundamental Biology and Health Sciences, University of the Balearic Islands, Cra Valldemossa Km 7 5, 07122, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Pflugers Arch 452:260-7. 2006b>Resistin and adiponectin are adipokines with postulated opposite functions. Resistin has been related with insulin resistance in obesity, while adiponectin could be associated to higher insulin sensitivity...
- Resistin expression in different adipose tissue depots during rat developmentPaula Oliver
Laboratori de Biologia Molecular, Nutrició i Biotecnologia, Departament de Biologia Fonamental i Ciencies de la Salut, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Mol Cell Biochem 252:397-400. 2003b>Resistin is a hormonal factor synthesised by adipocytes that was first thought to be related with the resistance to insulin in obesity, but whose function is not yet completely established...
- Transgenic and recombinant resistin impair skeletal muscle glucose metabolism in the spontaneously hypertensive ratMichal Pravenec
Institute of Physiology, Czech Academy of Sciences and The Center for Integrated Genomics, Prague 14220, Czech Republic
J Biol Chem 278:45209-15. 2003Increased serum levels of resistin, a molecule secreted by fat cells, have been proposed as a possible mechanistic link between obesity and insulin resistance...
- Resistin is expressed in different rat tissues and is regulated in a tissue- and gender-specific mannerRuben Nogueiras
Department of Physiology, University of Santiago de Compostela, School of Medicine, 15705, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
FEBS Lett 548:21-7. 2003b>Resistin is a polypeptide hormone first reported from human and rodent adipocytes. In order to better define the potential biological role of resistin we undertook a detailed analysis of its expression in different rat tissues...
- Effect of acute cold exposure on the expression of the adiponectin, resistin and leptin genes in rat white and brown adipose tissuesM Puerta
Department of Animal Biology II Physiology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
Horm Metab Res 34:629-34. 2002Leptin, adiponectin, and resistin are key hormones produced by adipose tissue...
- Association of resistin gene 3'-untranslated region +62G-->A polymorphism with type 2 diabetes and hypertension in a Chinese populationMian Shin Tan
Department of Biology, Kaohsiung Medical University, Pingtung 90000, Taiwan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1258-63. 2003b>Resistin, a recently discovered polypeptide, antagonizes insulin action and may play a part in the pathogenesis of insulin resistance. This study investigates whether resistin gene polymorphism can be associated with type 2 diabetes...
- Resistin and adiponectin expression in visceral fat of obese rats: effect of weight lossGabriella Milan
Endocrine Metabolic Laboratory, Internal Medicine, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, 35128 Padova, Italy
Obes Res 10:1095-103. 2002..have been implicated in the development of type 2 diabetes, among them, the recently discovered adiponectin and resistin proteins...
- Selective parasympathetic innervation of subcutaneous and intra-abdominal fat--functional implicationsFelix Kreier
Netherlands Institute for Brain Research, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 110:1243-50. 2002..Moreover, expression of resistin and leptin mRNA decreased, whereas adiponectin mRNA did not change...
- Lipopolysaccharide increases resistin gene expression in vivo and in vitroShao Chun Lu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, No 1, Sec 1, Jen Ai Road, Taipei 100, Taiwan
FEBS Lett 530:158-62. 2002Although resistin has been thought to be an important link between obesity and diabetes, recent results do not support this hypothesis...
- Growth hormone rapidly induces resistin gene expression in white adipose tissue of spontaneous dwarf (SDR) ratsPatric J D Delhanty
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, Royal North Shore Hospital, University of Sydney, St Leonards, NSW, Australia
Endocrinology 143:2445-8. 2002..A possible mediator of these effects is the recently identified white adipose tissue (WAT)-derived factor resistin that has been shown to impair glucose tolerance and inhibit adipocyte differentiation...
- Long-term effects of central leptin and resistin on body weight, insulin resistance, and beta-cell function and mass by the modulation of hypothalamic leptin and insulin signalingSunmin Park
Department of Food and Nutrition, Hoseo University, Asan Si, Chungnam Do, Korea
Endocrinology 149:445-54. 2008To determine the long-term effect of central leptin and resistin on energy homeostasis, peripheral insulin resistance, and beta-cell function and mass, intracerebroventricular (ICV) infusion of leptin (3 ng/h), resistin (80 ng/h), leptin ..
- The expression of rat resistin isoforms is differentially regulated in visceral adipose tissues: effects of aging and food restrictionCarmen M Fernández
Area de Bioquímica, Centro Regional de Investigaciones Biomédicas CRIB, Facultad de Ciencias del Medio Ambiente, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Av Carlos III s n 45071 Toledo, Spain
Metabolism 58:204-11. 2009Two variants of the adipose hormone resistin are generated by alternative splicing in Wistar rats...
- Resistin increases lipid accumulation by affecting class A scavenger receptor, CD36 and ATP-binding cassette transporter-A1 in macrophagesTzong Shyuan Lee
Institute of Physiology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan
Life Sci 84:97-104. 2009b>Resistin promotes macrophage-foam cell formation, but the mechanisms are unclear...
- Role of resistin in cardiac contractility and hypertrophyMaengjo Kim
Cardiovascular Research Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 45:270-80. 2008..Recently, a novel paradigm for the role of the adipocytokine resistin in diabetes has emerged. Resistin has been proposed to be a link between obesity, insulin resistance and diabetes...
- Central resistin regulates hypothalamic and peripheral lipid metabolism in a nutritional-dependent fashionMaria J Vazquez
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Endocrinology 149:4534-43. 2008Evidence suggests that the adipocyte-derived hormone resistin (RSTN) directly regulates both feeding and peripheral metabolism through, so far, undefined hypothalamic-mediated mechanisms...
- Adiponectin and resistin response in the onset of obesity in male and female ratsJoan Ribot
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Nutrition and Biotechnology, University of the Balearic Islands, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:723-30. 2008Studying the sex-dependent response of adiponectin and resistin adipose tissue expression and circulating levels in the onset of dietary obesity.
- Traumatic brain injury induces adipokine gene expression in rat brainRussell Brown
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Neurosci Lett 432:73-8. 2008..Adipokine genes such as leptin (ob), resistin (rstn) and fasting-induced adipose factor (fiaf) are implicated in energy metabolism and body weight control and ..
- The +299(G>A) resistin gene polymorphism and susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in ThaisKanjana Suriyaprom
Department of Medical Technology, Faculty of Medical Technology, Rangsit University, Paholyothin Road, Pathumthani 12000, Thailand
J Clin Biochem Nutr 44:104-10. 2009The prevalence of type 2 diabetes has been increased in Thais. Resistin is an adipokine that involve in glucose homeostasis and is a candidate gene for type 2 diabetes...
- Effect of resistin on vascular endothelium secretion dysfunction in ratsYan Li
Department of Pediatrics, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, People s Republic of China
Endothelium 14:207-14. 2007b>Resistin, a novel adipokine, was recently suggested to be involved in the development of endothelial dysfunction. However, the mechanisms of how resistin works are still unknown...
- Resistin is a key mediator of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) stimulation of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity in adipocytesSu Jin Kim
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences and the Diabetes Research Group, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:34139-47. 2007..of an intermediary molecule, and the current studies focused on the possible contribution of the adipokine resistin. In differentiated 3T3-L1 adipocytes, GIP, in the presence of insulin, increased resistin secretion through a ..
- Control by reproduction-related hormones of resistin expression and plasma concentrationS Caja
Department of Animal Physiology II, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
Horm Metab Res 39:501-6. 2007Although not simultaneously, resistin expression in white adipose tissue (WAT) and resistin plasma concentration have been shown to increase in pregnant rats...
- [Overexpression of resistin affect 3T3-L1 adipocyte lipid metabolism]Nan Gu
Department of Pediatrics, Nanjing Maternal and Child Health Hospital, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 210004 PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 24:251-5. 2007To investigate the effect of resistin overexpression on 3T3-L1 adipocyte lipid and glucose metabolism.
- Effect of PPAR-delta agonist on the expression of visfatin, adiponectin, and resistin in rat adipose tissue and 3T3-L1 adipocytesK C Choi
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University College of Medicine, Guro Gu, Seoul 152 050, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:62-7. 2007..We examined the expression of visfatin, adiponectin, and resistin mRNA in visceral adipose tissue of Wistar rats fed a high-fat diet and 3T3-L1 adipocytes treated with PPAR-delta ..
- Insulin sensitivity and resistin expression in nitric oxide-deficient ratsC C Juan
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Diabetologia 49:3017-26. 2006The aim of this study was to investigate changes in insulin sensitivity and expression of the gene encoding resistin (Retn) in adipocytes from long-term nitric oxide (NO)-deficient rats.
- Resistin worsens cardiac ischaemia-reperfusion injurySarah E Rothwell
Christchurch Cardioendocrine Research Group, Department of Medicine, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:400-7. 2006We provide the first report of direct effects of resistin upon haemodynamic and neurohumoral parameters in isolated perfused rat heart preparations...