Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pck1
Description: phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase 1
Alias: GTP, PCK, PEPCK-C, Pepck, RATPEPCK, phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase, cytosolic [GTP], phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP), phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase 1 (soluble), phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase 1, cytosolic, phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase, cytosolic (GTP), phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase
- Promoter polymorphism in PCK1 (phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene) associated with type 2 diabetes mellitusHenian Cao
Vascular Biology Research Group, Robarts Research Institute, and Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5K8
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:898-903. 2004We sequenced the promoter and coding regions of PCK1 encoding cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase from genomic DNA of subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM)...
- Glyceroneogenesis comes of ageElmus G Beale
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas 79430, USA
FASEB J 16:1695-6. 2002..This short review highlights a series of recent discoveries showing that glyceroneogenesis is important in lipid homeostasis...
- Overcoming diabetes-induced hyperglycemia through inhibition of hepatic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) with RNAiAlícia G Gómez-Valadés
Biophysics Unit, Department of Physiological Sciences II, IDIBELL University of Barcelona, L Hospitalet del Llobregat, Spain
Mol Ther 13:401-10. 2006Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK; EC 18.104.22.168) is the rate-controlling enzyme in gluconeogenesis...
- Regulation of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) gene expressionR W Hanson
Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4936, USA
Annu Rev Biochem 66:581-611. 1997Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) (EC 22.214.171.124) (PEPCK) is a key enzyme in the synthesis of glucose in the liver and kidney and of glyceride-glycerol in white adipose tissue and the small intestine...
- Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase and pyruvate carboxylase in developing rat liverF J Ballard
Biochem J 104:866-71. 1967..7. It is suggested that the appearance of the soluble phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase at birth initiates the rapid increase in overall gluconeogenesis at this stage...
- Acute and selective regulation of glyceroneogenesis and cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase in adipose tissue by thiazolidinediones in type 2 diabetesT Cadoudal
INSERM UMR S 530 747, Paris, France
Diabetologia 50:666-75. 2007Regulation of glyceroneogenesis and its key enzyme cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK-C) plays a major role in the control of fatty acid release from adipose tissue...
- Liver lipid molecules induce PEPCK-C gene transcription and attenuate insulin actionGuoxun Chen
Department of Nutrition, The University of Tennessee at Knoxville, 229 Jessie Harris Building, 1215 West Cumberland Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:805-10. 2007Cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK-C) plays key roles in gluconeogenesis, glyceroneogenesis, and cataplerosis...
- Inhibition of glucagon-signaling and downstream actions by interleukin 1beta and tumor necrosis factor alpha in cultured primary rat hepatocytesB Christ
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Georg August Universitat, Humboldtallee, Gottingen, Germany
Horm Metab Res 40:18-23. 2008In cultured rat hepatocytes, glucagon increased the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PCK1) mRNA by increasing cellular cAMP concentrations...
- Effect of reduced maternal inspired oxygen on hepatic glucose metabolism in the rat fetusPrabhu S Parimi
Robert Schwartz MD Center for Metabolism and Nutrition, Departments of Pediatrics and Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44109 1998, USA
Pediatr Res 53:325-32. 2003..hepatic glycogen stores in the fetus and delayed induction of cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK-C) at birth...
- Impact of interleukin-6 on the glucose metabolic capacity in rat liverBianca Lienenlüke
First Department of Medicine, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, Heinrich Damerow Strasse 1, 06120 Halle Saale, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 128:371-7. 2007..by monitoring glycogen degradation and the expression of the gluconeogenic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PCK1) in rat livers during the daily feeding rhythm. Eight hours after i.p...
- Phosphorylation of carbovir enantiomers by cellular enzymes determines the stereoselectivity of antiviral activityW H Miller
Division of Experimental Therapy, Wellcome Research Laboratories, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709
J Biol Chem 267:21220-4. 1992..Thus, the contrasting HIV-inhibitory activities of carbovir enantiomers were due to differential phosphorylation by cellular enzymes and not due to enantioselectivity of HIV reverse transcriptase...
- Fructose induces gluconeogenesis and lipogenesis through a SIRT1-dependent mechanismPaul W Caton
Department of Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, Bart s and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, William Harvey Research Institute, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
J Endocrinol 208:273-83. 2011..in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor coactivator 1-alpha (PGC1α) and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK; gene code Pck1) gene expression, PEPCK activity, and hepatocyte glucose production...
- Down-regulation of hepatic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase expression in magnesium-deficient ratsJunji Takaya
Department of Pediatrics, Kansai Medical University, Fumizono cho, Moriguchi Shi, Osaka, Japan
Magnes Res 25:131-9. 2012..to assess mRNA for 11β hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-1 (11β-HSD1), 11β-HSD2, phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor α (PPARα), and glucocorticoid receptor in the liver...
- Hepatic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase expression after gastric bypass surgery in rats with type 2 diabetes mellitusJ Wu
Zunyi Medical University, Zunyi, China
Genet Mol Res 14:16938-47. 2015The objective of this study was to investigate the mRNA expression of hepatic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) after gastric bypass surgery (GBS) in rats with type 2 diabetic mellitus (T2DM)...
- Endotoxin induced hyperlactatemia and hypoglycemia is linked to decreased mitochondrial phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinasePaul W Caton
William Harvey Research Institute, Bart s and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
Life Sci 84:738-44. 2009Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) is the rate limiting enzyme for gluconeogenesis, and plays a key role in recycling lactate for glucose production...
- Genomic and metabolic responses to methionine-restricted and methionine-restricted, cysteine-supplemented diets in Fischer 344 rat inguinal adipose tissue, liver and quadriceps muscleCarmen E Perrone
Orentreich Foundation for the Advancement of Science, Inc, Cold Spring on Hudson, NY, USA
J Nutrigenet Nutrigenomics 5:132-57. 2012..Genomic and metabolomic studies were conducted to identify potential mechanisms by which MR induces favorable metabolic effects, and that are reversed by cysteine supplementation...
- Phenobarbital reduces blood glucose and gluconeogenesis through down-regulation of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) gene expression in ratsHiroaki Oda
Laboratory of Nutritional Biochemistry, Department of Applied Molecular Biosciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 466:306-11. 2015The regulatory mechanism of phosphoenolpyruvate carboykinase (GTP) (EC 126.96.36.199) (PEPCK) gene expression and gluconeogenesis by phenobarbital (PB), which is known to induce drug-metabolizing enzymes, was investigated...
- Upregulation of hepatic 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-1 expression in calcium-deficient ratsJunji Takaya
Department of Pediatrics, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Japan
Ann Nutr Metab 59:73-8. 2011..Many epidemiologic studies have reported a link between calcium (Ca) deficiency and metabolic syndrome. In this study, we examine Ca deficiency in rats and whether changes in glucocorticoid metabolism are induced...
- Rapid nitration of adipocyte phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase by leptin reduces glyceroneogenesis and induces fatty acid releaseAnne Marie Jaubert
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale UMR S 747, Universite Paris Descartes, Pharmacologie Toxicologie et Signalisation Cellulaire, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e40650. 2012..The latter relies on the induction of cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK-C), the key enzyme for glyceroneogenesis...
- [Effects of expression of fatty acid synthetase and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase in offspring rats by high protein intake in pregnancy]Yanmei Dong
Department of Public Health, Qiqihar Medical University, Qiqihar 161006, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 38:287-9. 2009To investigate the effect of pregnant nutritional manipulation on offspring mRNA expression of fatty acid synthetase (FAS) and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK).
- Effects of bis(alpha-furancarboxylato)oxovanadium(IV) on glucose metabolism in fat-fed/streptozotocin-diabetic ratsYanfen Niu
Yunnan Pharmacological Laboratories of Natural Products, Kunming Medical College, Kunming, PR China
Eur J Pharmacol 572:213-9. 2007..These findings suggested that BEOV had anti-diabetic and insulin-sensitizing effects in the diabetic rats, exhibiting the potential to be developed as a new therapeutic agent for the treatment of type 2 diabetes...
- Large-scale study of the -232C > G polymorphism of PCK1 in Type 2 diabetesL Wegner
Steno Diabetes Center, Gentofte, Denmark
Diabet Med 23:1140-4. 2006Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) is a catalyst of the rate-limiting step in the gluconeogenic pathway and is regulated at the transcriptional level predominantly by insulin, glucocorticoids, glucagon, and cAMP...
- [The effect of calorie restriction on the expression of liver's gluconeogenesis genes of rats fed a high fat diet]Ming Juan Luo
Department of Endocrinology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 16:125-8. 2008To observe the effect of calorie restriction on the high fat diet rats mRNA expressions of liver forkhead box O1(FoxO1), phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK), glucose-6-phosphatase (G-6-P) and to explore the possible mechanisms.
- Efficient delivery of siRNA using dendritic poly(L-lysine) for loss-of-function analysisYusuke Inoue
Graduate School of Systems Life Sciences, Kyushu University, 744 Motooka, Nishi ku, Fukuoka 819 0395, Japan
J Control Release 126:59-66. 2008..In addition, the knockdown of PEPCK, which is the rate-limiting enzyme for gluconeogenesis, led to a reduction in glucose production in rat hepatoma ..
- Suppression of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene expression by reduced endogenous glutathione levelJiandi Zhang
Center for Human Nutrition, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1772:1175-81. 2007..to reduced mRNA levels of several key enzymes in energy homeostasis, including phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylkinase (PEPCK), the rate-limiting enzyme in gluconeogenesis...
- [The effect of endotoxemia on gluconeogenesis in livers and kidneys during acute hepatic failure]Yong Fen Zhu
Department of Infectious Diseases, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 15:672-5. 2007..To explore the effects of endotoxemia on gluconeogenesis in livers and kidneys during acute hepatic failure...
- Structures of rat cytosolic PEPCK: insight into the mechanism of phosphorylation and decarboxylation of oxaloacetic acidSarah M Sullivan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Biochemistry 46:10078-88. 2007The structures of the rat cytosolic isoform of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) reported in the PEPCK-Mn2+, -Mn2+-oxaloacetic acid (OAA), -Mn2+-OAA-Mn2+-guanosine-5'-diphosphate (GDP), and -Mn2+-Mn2+-guanosine-5'-tri-phosphate (..
- Pck1 gene silencing in the liver improves glycemia control, insulin sensitivity, and dyslipidemia in db/db miceAlícia G Gómez-Valadés
Biophysics Unit, Department de Ciències Fisiològuiques II, IDIBELL University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Diabetes 57:2199-210. 2008Cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK-C; encoded by Pck1) catalyzes the first committed step in gluconeogenesis. Extensive evidence demonstrates a direct correlation between PEPCK-C activity and glycemia control...
- Retinoids upregulate phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase and glyceroneogenesis in human and rodent adipocytesThomas Cadoudal
Institut National de la Recherche Médicale UMR S 747, Universite Paris Descartes, F 75006 Paris, France
J Nutr 138:1004-9. 2008..Glyceroneogenesis and cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK-C), which is the key enzyme in this pathway, are both regulated by a series of hormones and nutrients, among which ..
- Structure, mechanism and regulation of pyruvate carboxylaseSarawut Jitrapakdee
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Biochem J 413:369-87. 2008..The present review summarizes these advances and also offers some prospects in terms of future directions for the study of this important enzyme...
- Enzymes with lid-gated active sites must operate by an induced fit mechanism instead of conformational selectionSarah M Sullivan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13829-34. 2008..The structural data are consistent with a model in that the energy input from substrate association results in changes in the free energy landscape for the protein, allowing for structural transitions along an induced fit pathway...
- A Leu184Val polymorphism in PCK1 gene is associated with type 2 diabetes in Eastern Chinese population with BMI<23 kg/m2Yan Dong
Department of Endocrinology, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, China
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 83:227-32. 2009..29 [95% CI 1.03-1.64]), especially in subgroup with the BMI<23 kg/m(2) (P=0.018). The enzymatic activity of PEPCK-C containing Leu184 was higher than that of PEPCK-C containing Val184 (P<0.01)...
- Endurance capacity, not body size, determines physical activity levels: role of skeletal muscle PEPCKColleen M Novak
Endocrine Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e5869. 2009..identified one potential mechanism for the lean, active phenotype in rats, namely high levels of skeletal muscle PEPCK. Therefore, the lean phenotype is characterized by high endurance capacity and high activity and may stem from ..
- Control of gluconeogenic genes during intense/prolonged exercise: hormone-independent effect of muscle-derived IL-6 on hepatic tissue and PEPCK mRNASébastien Banzet
Department of Human Factors, Military Health Service Research Center, La Tronche, France
J Appl Physiol (1985) 107:1830-9. 2009..decrease in liver glycogen and an increase in gluconeogenic gene mRNA levels, phosphoenolpyruvate-carboxykinase (PEPCK), glucose-6-phosphatase (G6P), and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1alpha (PGC-1alpha)..
- C/EBPβ is AMP kinase sensitive and up-regulates PEPCK in response to ER stress in hepatoma cellsMahua Choudhury
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 331:102-8. 2011..ER stress contributed to transcriptional activation of the gluconeogenic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) promoter in Huh7 and HepG2 cells via cAMP binding motif (CRE site)...
- Gestational high fat diet programs hepatic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene expression and histone modification in neonatal offspring ratsRita S Strakovsky
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, and Division of Nutritional Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 461 Bevier Hall, MC 182, 905 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Physiol 589:2707-17. 2011..In addition to increased transcription rate, a gestational HF diet resulted in modifications of the Pck1 histone code in livers of offspring...
- Function of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase in mammary gland epithelial cellsChang Wen Hsieh
Department of Nutrition, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Lipid Res 52:1352-62. 2011Previously, we have shown that Pck1 expression in mammary gland adipocytes and white adipose tissue maintains triglyceride stores through glyceroneogenesis, and these lipids were used for synthesis of milk triglycerides during lactation...
- Retinoids induced Pck1 expression and attenuated insulin-mediated suppression of its expression via activation of retinoic acid receptor in primary rat hepatocytesYan Zhang
Department of Nutrition, University of Tennessee at Knoxville, 229 Jessie Harris Building, 1215 West Cumberland Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 355:1-8. 2011..in hepatic glucose and lipid metabolism, such as the cytosolic form of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene (Pck1)...
- Insulin-regulated Srebp-1c and Pck1 mRNA expression in primary hepatocytes from zucker fatty but not lean rats is affected by feeding conditionsYan Zhang
Department of Nutrition, University of Tennessee at Knoxville, Knoxville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21342. 2011..The mRNA levels of one insulin-induced (Srebp-1c) and one insulin-suppressed (Pck1) genes in response to insulin, glucagon, and compactin treatments in hepatocytes from ad libitum ZL and ZF rats ..
- Crystal structure of human cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase reveals a new GTP-binding sitePete Dunten
Roche Research Center, Hoffmann La Roche Inc, Nutley, NJ 07110, USA
J Mol Biol 316:257-64. 2002We report crystal structures of the human enzyme phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) with and without bound substrates...
- The interplay of ubiquitous DNA-binding factors, availability of binding sites in the chromatin, and DNA methylation in the differential regulation of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene expressionS Faber
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232
Nucleic Acids Res 19:4681-8. 1991We have identified DNA elements in the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) gene promoter which are bound 'in vivo' by proteins under conditions of basal level gene expression and have evaluated several hypothesis to account for the ..
- Interaction of a liver-specific factor with an enhancer 4.8 kilobases upstream of the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase geneY T Ip
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
Mol Cell Biol 10:3770-81. 1990..a series of five DNase-I hypersensitive (HS) sites within and around the rat phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) gene...
- Cysteine 288: an essential hyperreactive thiol of cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP)C T Lewis
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, University of Tennessee, Memphis 38163
J Biol Chem 264:27-33. 1989..0. Purification and sequencing of the labeled peptide identifies the hyperreactive essential cysteine as Cys-288. This cysteine lies between two putative phosphoryl-binding domains and within a hydrophobic sequence...
- Evidence that stimulation of gluconeogenesis by fatty acid is mediated through thermodynamic mechanismsM N Berry
Department of Medical Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Flinders University of South Australia, Bedford Park, Australia
FEBS Lett 231:19-24. 1988..e. mitochondrial membrane and redox potentials and cellular phosphorylation potential). These findings suggest that the fatty acid stimulation of glucose synthesis is in part mediated through thermodynamic mechanisms...
- Rat hepatic cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP). Structures of the protein, messenger RNA, and geneE G Beale
J Biol Chem 260:10748-60. 1985..We conclude that mRNAPEPCK synthesis initiates with an adenine residue 69 base pairs 5' of the BglII site; this corresponds to the 3' most transcription initiation site determined in vitro...
- Characterization of the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) promoter-regulatory region. II. Identification of cAMP and glucocorticoid regulatory domainsJ M Short
J Biol Chem 261:9721-6. 1986Hormonal regulatory elements within the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) (EC 188.8.131.52) (PEPCK) promoter region were mapped using a series of 5' deletions linked to the amino-3'-glycosyl phosphotransferase structural gene...
- Gluconeogenesis in developing rat kidney cortexA Zorzoli
Biochem J 111:181-5. 1969..starvation was studied in perinatal animals. The results indicate that the ability to increase the rate of glucose synthesis as a result of starvation is not present at birth, but develops some time after the second postnatal day...
- Induction and suppression of the key enzymes of glycolysis and gluconeogenesis in isolated perfused rat liver in response to glucose, fructose and lactateJ M Wimhurst
Biochem J 134:143-56. 1973..4.1.1), phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase (EC 184.108.40.206), fructose 1,6-diphosphatase (EC 220.127.116.11) and glucose 6-phosphatase (EC 3.1.3...
- Identification of a cAMP regulatory region in the gene for rat cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP). Use of chimeric genes transfected into hepatoma cellsA Wynshaw-Boris
J Biol Chem 259:12161-9. 1984..1.1.32) (PEPCK) in rat liver...
- Isolation and characterization of the gene coding for cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) from the ratH Yoo-Warren
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 80:3656-60. 1983..The isolated clone, lambda PCK1, contains the complete gene for phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase and approximately equal to 7 kilobases (kb) of ..
- Adipose expression of the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase promoter requires peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and 9-cis-retinoic acid receptor binding to an adipocyte-specific enhancer in vivoJ H Devine
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas 79430, USA
J Biol Chem 274:13604-12. 1999..has been mapped to approximately 1 kilobase pair upstream of the cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) gene...
- Mechanism of fat-induced hepatic gluconeogenesis: effect of metforminS Song
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 281:E275-82. 2001..Metformin predominantly inhibits alanine gluconeogenesis by preventing the fat-induced changes in fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase levels...
- Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase is induced in growth-arrested hepatoma cellsNawal Zeitouni
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas 79430, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290:1513-20. 2002Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) mRNA is elevated in H4IIEC3 rat hepatoma cells cultured at high density, suggesting that PEPCK expression and growth arrest may be coordinately regulated...
- Candidate gene association study of insulin signaling genes and Alzheimer's disease: evidence for SOS2, PCK1, and PPARgamma as susceptibility lociGillian Hamilton
MRC Centre for Neurodegeneration Research, Department of Neuroscience, Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:508-16. 2007..In a replication study, we confirmed significant association of SNPs within three genes--PPARgamma, SOS2, and PCK1--with Alzheimer's disease...
- PEPCK mRNA localization in proximal tubule and gene regulation during metabolic acidosisK D Drewnowsk
Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0160, USA
J Physiol Pharmacol 53:3-20. 2002To identify the nephron segments expressing PEPCK in control and acidotic conditions, PEPCK mRNA was localized in rat kidney using the technique of reverse transcription and polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) in individual microdissected ..
- Evidence for selective induction of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene expression by unsaturated and nonmetabolized fatty acids in adipocytesEric Duplus
INSERM Unit 530, Centre Universitaire des Saints Peres, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75006, Paris, France
J Cell Biochem 85:651-61. 2002..Cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) plays a key role in this pathway...
- Different transcription factor binding arrays modulate the cAMP responsivity of the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene promoterHeather L Wilson
Department of Biochemistry, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:43895-902. 2002The cAMP responsiveness of the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) gene promoter is mediated by a cAMP response unit, which includes three CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein (C/EBPs) sites, and a cAMP response element (CRE)...
- Glyceroneogenesis and the triglyceride/fatty acid cycleLea Reshef
Department of Biochemistry, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Biol Chem 278:30413-6. 2003
- SREBP-1c and Sp1 interact to regulate transcription of the gene for phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) in the liverKaushik Chakravarty
Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4935, USA
J Biol Chem 279:15385-95. 2004..SREBP-2, inhibit transcription of the gene encoding the cytosolic form of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) (PEPCK-C). There are two SREBP regulatory elements (SREs) in the PEPCK-C gene promoter (-322 to -313 and -590 to -581)...
- Kupffer cell cytokines interleukin-1beta and interleukin-10 combine to inhibit phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase and gluconeogenesis in cultured hepatocytesStephanie T Yerkovich
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley 6009, WA, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 36:1462-72. 2004....
- 3',5'-cyclic adenosine monophosphate response element-binding protein and CCAAT enhancer-binding protein are dispensable for insulin inhibition of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase transcription and for its synergistic induction by protein kinase A and glDavid Yeagley
The Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, C4718, 500 University Drive, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:913-24. 2005Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) transcription is induced by cAMP/protein kinase A (PKA) and glucocorticoids [dexamethasone (Dex)] and is inhibited by insulin to regulate blood glucose...
- SHARP-2/Stra13/DEC1 as a potential repressor of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene expressionKazuya Yamada
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
FEBS Lett 579:1509-14. 2005..protein-2 (SHARP-2) transcriptional repressor on the expression of rat phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) gene was examined...
- Response of glucose metabolism enzymes in an acute porphyria model. Role of reactive oxygen speciesSandra M Lelli
Salud Humana y Medio Ambiente DIMXSA, Departamento de Quimica Biologica, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad Universitaria, Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Toxicology 216:49-58. 2005..ROS) through assays on hepatic key gluconeogenic and glycogenolytic enzymes; phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) and glycogen phosphorylase (GP), respectively...
- Dual specificity MAPK phosphatase 3 activates PEPCK gene transcription and increases gluconeogenesis in rat hepatoma cellsHaiyan Xu
Millennium Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Cambridge, Massachussetts 02139, USA
J Biol Chem 280:36013-8. 2005..In liver, insulin suppresses gluconeogenesis by inhibiting the transcriptions of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase (PEPCK) and glucose-6-phosphatase (G6Pase) genes...
- Merit of physical exercise to reverse the higher gene expression of hepatic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase in obese Zucker ratsShih Pei Chang
Department of Physical Education and Department of Medical Technology, Centre Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taichung City 40601, Taiwan
Life Sci 79:240-6. 2006Effects of endurance training on the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK), a rate-limiting enzyme of gluconeogenesis, were studied in the obese Zucker rats...
- Association of the promoter polymorphism -232C/G of the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene (PCK1) with Type 2 diabetes mellitusI Gouni-Berthold
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Diabet Med 23:419-25. 2006The phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene (PCK1) is a potential candidate gene in the pathogenesis of Type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Liver glyconeogenesis: a pathway to cope with postprandial amino acid excess in high-protein fed rats?Dalila Azzout-Marniche
INRA, AgroParisTech, UMR914 Nutrition Physiology and Ingestive Behavior, 16 rue Claude Bernard, Paris, F75005, France
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R1400-7. 2007..This evidence is based on the concomitant upregulation of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) gene expression, downregulation of glucose 6-phosphatase catalytic subunit (G6PC1) gene expression, an absence of ..
- Immunocytochemical localization of glucose 6-phosphatase and cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase in gluconeogenic tissues reveals unsuspected metabolic zonationFabienne Rajas
INSERM, U885, Lyon, F 69008, France
Histochem Cell Biol 127:555-65. 2007..localization of Glucose-6-phosphatase (Glc6Pase) and cytosolic form of the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK-C) in the digestive system (liver, small intestine and pancreas) and the kidney...