Gene Symbol: Ikbke
Description: inhibitor of nuclear factor kappa B kinase subunit epsilon
Alias: inhibitor of nuclear factor kappa-B kinase subunit epsilon, inhibitor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells, kinase epsilon, inhibitor of kappaB kinase epsilon
- Renner F, Moreno R, Schmitz M. SUMOylation-dependent localization of IKKepsilon in PML nuclear bodies is essential for protection against DNA-damage-triggered cell death. Mol Cell. 2010;37:503-15 pubmed publisher..SUMO modification of IKKepsilon is required to trigger phosphorylation of nuclear substrates including NF-kappaB p65, thereby contributing to the antiapoptotic function of NF-kappaB in response to DNA damage. ..
- Shimada T, Kawai T, Takeda K, Matsumoto M, Inoue J, Tatsumi Y, et al. IKK-i, a novel lipopolysaccharide-inducible kinase that is related to IkappaB kinases. Int Immunol. 1999;11:1357-62 pubmed..These results suggest that IKK-i is an inducible IkappaB kinase which may play a special role in the immune response. ..
- Hiscott J, Lacoste J, Lin R. Recruitment of an interferon molecular signaling complex to the mitochondrial membrane: disruption by hepatitis C virus NS3-4A protease. Biochem Pharmacol. 2006;72:1477-84 pubmed..These observations provide an outline of the mechanism by which HCV evades the IFN antiviral response. ..
- Peters R, Liao S, Maniatis T. IKKepsilon is part of a novel PMA-inducible IkappaB kinase complex. Mol Cell. 2000;5:513-22 pubmed..These observations indicate that the activation of NF-kappaB requires multiple distinct IkappaB kinase complexes, which respond to both overlapping and discrete signaling pathways. ..
- Cao C, Zhu Y, Chen W, Li L, Qi Y, Wang X, et al. IKKε knockout prevents high fat diet induced arterial atherosclerosis and NF-κB signaling in mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64930 pubmed publisher....