Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cebpa
Description: CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alpha
Alias: DBPCEP, CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha, C/EBP alpha, CAAT/enhancer-binding protein, DNA-binding protein, CCAAT/enhancer binding protein (C/EBP), alpha
- Functional interaction of bZIP proteins and the large subunit of replication factor C in liver and adipose cellsS Hong
Hormone Research Center, Chonnam National University, Kwangju 500 757, Korea
J Biol Chem 276:28098-105. 2001..This observation highlights a unique mechanism by which the levels of the general replication factor can strongly modulate the functional activity of the specific transcription factor as a coactivator...
- C/EBPalpha regulates hepatic transcription of hepcidin, an antimicrobial peptide and regulator of iron metabolism. Cross-talk between C/EBP pathway and iron metabolismBrice Courselaud
INSERM U522, CHRU Pontchaillou, 35033 Rennes Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 277:41163-70. 2002..Taken together, these data demonstrate that C/EBPalpha is likely to be a key regulator of HEPC gene transcription and provide a novel mechanism for cross-talk between the C/EBP pathway and iron metabolism...
- C/EBPalpha identifies differentiating preadipocytes around hair follicles in foetal and neonatal rat and mouse skinKamila Wojciechowicz
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, University of Durham, Durham, UK
Exp Dermatol 17:675-80. 2008....
- The CCAAT enhancer-binding protein alpha (C/EBPalpha) requires a SWI/SNF complex for proliferation arrestChristine Muller
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, D 13092 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:7353-8. 2004....
- Incipient Alzheimer's disease: microarray correlation analyses reveal major transcriptional and tumor suppressor responsesEric M Blalock
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center, and Sanders Brown Research Center on Aging, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:2173-8. 2004..These findings suggest a new model of AD pathogenesis in which a genomically orchestrated up-regulation of tumor suppressor-mediated differentiation and involution processes induces the spread of pathology along myelinated axons...
- Isolation of a recombinant copy of the gene encoding C/EBPW H Landschulz
Department of Embryology, Carnegie Institution of Washington, Baltimore, Maryland 21210
Genes Dev 2:786-800. 1988..A 60-amino-acid segment located within the DNA-binding domain of C/EBP bears sequence similarity to the products of the myc and fos oncogenes...
- CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein mRNA is translated into multiple proteins with different transcription activation potentialsV Ossipow
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:8219-23. 1993..The production of multiple proteins from a single mRNA is not only shared between different C/EBP family members but also appears to be conserved in vertebrate evolution...
- A PIT-1 homeodomain mutant blocks the intranuclear recruitment of the CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alpha required for prolactin gene transcriptionJohn F Enwright
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0578, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:209-22. 2003..Together our results suggest that the intranuclear positioning of these factors determines whether they activate or silence PRL promoter activity...
- CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins: structure, function and regulationDipak P Ramji
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Museum Avenue, P O Box 911, Cardiff CF10 3US, Wales, U K
Biochem J 365:561-75. 2002..This review deals with the structure, biological function and the regulation of the C/EBP family...
- Translational control of C/EBPalpha and C/EBPbeta isoform expressionC F Calkhoven
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, 13092 Berlin, Germany
Genes Dev 14:1920-32. 2000..Our results demonstrate that the translational controlled ratio of C/EBPalpha and C/EBPbeta isoform expression determines cell fate...
- E2F repression by C/EBPalpha is required for adipogenesis and granulopoiesis in vivoB T Porse
Laboratory of Gene Therapy Research, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Cell 107:247-58. 2001....
- Relationship between impaired adipogenesis of retroperitoneal adipose tissue and hypertrophic obesity: role of endogenous glucocorticoid excessMaría G Zubiría
Neuroendocrine Unit, IMBICE CONICET La Plata CICPBA, La Plata, Argentina
J Cell Mol Med 18:1549-61. 2014....
- Downregulation of cytochromes P450 in growth-stimulated rat hepatocytes: role of c-Myc induction and impaired C/EBP binding to DNAMarina Tinel
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Unité 481, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75018, Paris, France
J Hepatol 39:171-8. 2003..Several cytochromes P450 (CYPs) are expressed in differentiated hepatocytes, but downregulated in growth-stimulated cells. We determined the signals involved in CYP downregulation by epidermal growth factor (EGF)...
- Transthyretin: a key gene involved in the maintenance of memory capacities during agingJonathan Brouillette
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Neurobiol Aging 29:1721-32. 2008..Our study provides genetic, behavioural and molecular evidence that TTR is involved in the maintenance of normal cognitive processes during aging by acting on the retinoid signalling pathway...
- Nucleolar retention of a translational C/EBPalpha isoform stimulates rDNA transcription and cell sizeChristine Muller
Leibniz Institute for Age Research Fritz Lipmann Institute, Jena, Germany
EMBO J 29:897-909. 2010The messenger RNA of the intronless CEBPA gene is translated into distinct protein isoforms through the usage of consecutive translation initiation sites...
- Repression of transcriptional activity of C/EBPalpha by E2F-dimerization partner complexesKatrin Zaragoza
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Tumorigenesis and Cell Differentiation, Robert Roessle Str 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 30:2293-304. 2010..Our data suggest a tripartite balance between C/EBPalpha, E2F/DP, and pocket proteins in the control of proliferation, differentiation, and tumorigenesis...
- Lamin A/C deficiency is associated with fat infiltration of muscle and boneJessica Tong
Ageing Bone Research Program, Sydney Medical School Nepean, The University of Sydney, Penrith, NSW 2750, Australia
Mech Ageing Dev 132:552-9. 2011..In conclusion, lamin A/C could constitute the determinant factor in the pathogenesis and potential treatment of both sarcopenia and osteopenia, which are commonly observed in the frailty syndrome...
- Inhibition of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha and beta translation by upstream open reading framesA J Lincoln
Advanced BioScience Laboratories Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
J Biol Chem 273:9552-60. 1998..Our data indicate that the uORFs regulate translation of full-length C/EBPalpha and C/EBPbeta and do not play a role in generating truncated forms of these proteins, as has been suggested by start site multiplicity models...
- C/EBPα regulates osteoclast lineage commitmentWei Chen
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 2182, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:7294-9. 2013..These discoveries establish C/EBPα as the key transcriptional regulator of OC lineage commitment, providing a unique therapeutic target for diseases of excessive bone resorption, such as osteoporosis and arthritis...
- The dysfunction of hepatic transcriptional factors in mice with Huntington's DiseaseMing Chang Chiang
Graduate Institute of Biotechnology, Chinese Culture University, Taipei 111, Taiwan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1812:1111-20. 2011..These findings show that the impairment of PPARγ contributes to the liver dysfunction observed in HD. Treatment with PPARγ agents (TZD and rosiglitazone) enhanced the function of PPARγ, and might lead to therapeutic benefits...
- The CCAAT/enhancer binding protein (C/EBP) δ is differently regulated by fibrillar and oligomeric forms of the Alzheimer amyloid-β peptideVeronica Ramberg
Department of Neurochemistry, Stockholm University, SE 10691 Stockholm, Sweden
J Neuroinflammation 8:34. 2011..It is therefore important to delineate the inflammatory mediators and signaling pathways affected by Aβ deposits with the aim of defining new therapeutic targets...
- Regulation of microglial proliferation during chronic neurodegenerationDiego Gómez-Nicola
Centre for Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, SO16 6YD, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 33:2481-93. 2013....
- Effects of experimental diabetes on C/EBP proteins in rat hippocampus, sciatic nerve and gangliaInci Kazkayası
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Hacettepe University, 06100 Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Cell Mol Neurobiol 33:559-67. 2013..This study indicated, for the first time, that DM altered the immunoreactivity of C/EBPs in the nervous system. C/EBPs might be one of the important molecular targets which are responsible for neurodegeneration seen in diabetes...
- Age-dependent response of CCAAT/enhancer binding proteins following traumatic brain injury in miceRajat Sandhir
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Neurochem Int 56:188-93. 2010..In addition elevated C/EBPdelta levels following TBI in the aged brain may play a role in the link between TBI and Alzheimer's disease...
- Dysregulation of C/EBPalpha by mutant Huntingtin causes the urea cycle deficiency in Huntington's diseaseMing Chang Chiang
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan
Hum Mol Genet 16:483-98. 2007..Treatments aimed at repairing the urea cycle deficiency may provide a new strategy for dealing with HD...
- HDAC3 interacts with sumoylated C/EBPα to negatively regulate the LXRα expression in rat hepatocytesJuan Ren
Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Xi an Jiaotong University College of Medicine, Xi an, Shaanxi 710061, PR China
Mol Cell Endocrinol 374:35-45. 2013..The results suggested that HDAC3 interacts with sumoylated C/EBPα to negatively regulate the LXRα expression...
- Reciprocal modulation of C/EBP-α and C/EBP-β by IL-13 in activated microglia prevents neuronal deathHung Chuan Pan
Faculty of Medicine, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan Department of Neurosurgery, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Eur J Immunol 43:2854-65. 2013..In parallel, ER stress-related calpain downregulates the PPAR-γ/HO-1 pathway via C/EBP-β and leads to aggravated death of activated microglia via IL-13, thereby preventing cerebral inflammation and neuronal injury. ..
- [Analysis of focal macular ERG in idiopathic central serous chorioretinopathy]N Shiroyama
Department of Ophthalmology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Nippon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi 94:1048-56. 1990..The present study showed that the abnormal pattern of MERG in CSC cannot be explained simply by the assumption of receptor disorientation or a disturbance of photopigment regeneration by analyzing similar conditions in normal eyes...
- Role of C/EBP proteins in hepatic and vascular smooth muscle transcription of human NHE1 geneA Y Kolyada
Department of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Physiol 269:C1408-16. 1995..These results indicate that members of the C/EBP family of transcription factors are involved in the regulation of hepatic and vascular smooth muscle transcription of the human NHE1 gene...
- CCAAT-enhancer binding protein alpha is expressed in activated microglial cells after brain injuryM Walton
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 61:11-22. 1998..These results suggest that C/EBP alpha might regulate gene expression and consequentially have a role in the activation and/or proliferation of microglia following brain injury...
- CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alpha regulates p21 protein and hepatocyte proliferation in newborn miceN A Timchenko
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:7353-61. 1997....
- Unraveling transcription factor interactions with heterochromatin protein 1 using fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy and fluorescence correlation spectroscopyAmanda P Siegel
Indiana University School of Medicine, Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, 635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Biomed Opt 18:25002. 2013..The functional significance of these interactions is discussed...
- Polysaccharide isolated from Angelica sinensis inhibits hepcidin expression in rats with iron deficiency anemiaJin Yu Liu
Department of Pharmacy, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Med Food 15:923-9. 2012..The results indicate that ASP can suppress the expression of hepcidin in rats with IDA, and may be useful for the treatment of IDA...
- Intermittent fasting up-regulates Fsp27/Cidec gene expression in white adipose tissueJoanna Karbowska
Department of Biochemistry, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Nutrition 28:294-9. 2012..The regulation of the Fsp27 gene expression in WAT is largely unknown. We investigated the nutritional regulation of FSP27 in WAT...
- Albumin mediates PPAR-gamma or C/EBP-alpha-induced phenotypic changes in pancreatic stellate cellsNayoung Kim
Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, Korea University Graduate School of Medicine, Ansan, Gyeonggi do 425 707, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 391:640-4. 2010..Therefore, our findings suggest that albumin may be a downstream effector of PPAR-gamma and C/EBP-alpha in PSCs and that it can be an attractive molecular target for anti-fibrotic therapies...
- Members of the C/EBP transcription factor family stimulate expression of the human and rat surfactant protein A (SP-A) genesElizabeth Rosenberg
Institute for Environmental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Room 1, John Morgan Building, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6068, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1575:82-90. 2002..The data indicate that C/EBPs facilitate SP-A gene expression, possibly by overcoming transcriptional silencing...
- C/EBPα down-regulation is associated with reduced hepatic cellular viability during hypoxia in vitro and in vivoQian yun Zhou
Department of Clinical Laboratory, The First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, No 1 Youyi Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing, 400016, PR China
Exp Toxicol Pathol 63:307-10. 2011..These results suggested that C/EBPα down-regulation may be one mechanism of reduced hepatocyte viability in these settings...
- Rat mesothelioma cell proliferation requires p38δ mitogen activated protein kinase and C/EBP-αJun Zhong
Pulmonary Cell Research, Department Biomedicine, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Lung Cancer 73:166-70. 2011..From this rat model, we conclude that in pleural mesothelioma, p38δ in C/EBP-α mediate proliferation and thus may represent new targets in mesothelioma therapy...
- Changes of CCAAT enhancer-binding proteins (CEBPs) in the lung of streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsY Fong
Department of Surgery, Chi Mei Medical Center, Yong Kang City, Tainan County, Taiwan, ROC
Horm Metab Res 43:261-7. 2011..The changes of expression of C/EBPβ and C/EBPδ are not caused by changes of osmolarity but by D-glucose itself...
- CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha (C/EBPalpha) is critical for interleukin-4 expression in response to FcepsilonRI receptor cross-linkingXiaopeng Qi
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Medicine, National Jewish Health, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Biol Chem 286:16063-73. 2011..Our study demonstrates that C/EBPα, in cooperation with NFAT, directly regulates Il4 gene transcription...
- Cooperation between C/EBPalpha TBP/TFIIB and SWI/SNF recruiting domains is required for adipocyte differentiationT A Pedersen
Laboratory of Gene Therapy Research, Copenhagen University Hospital, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Genes Dev 15:3208-16. 2001....
- C/EBPα and C/EBPβ binding proteins modulate hepatocyte apoptosis through iNOS signaling pathwayKewei Wang
Departments of Pediatrics and Surgery Section of Pediatric Surgery, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:1395-403. 2011..These findings indicate that C/EBPα and C/EBPβ regulate the iNOS expression, which may further modify cell responses such as apoptosis and cell survival...
- Stress-induced binding of the transcriptional factor CHOP to a novel DNA control elementM Ubeda
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:1479-89. 1996..We conclude that CHOP may serve a dual role both as an inhibitor of the ability of C/EBP proteins to activate some target genes and as a direct activator of others...
- A revised sequence of the rat c/ebp geneA J Lincoln
ABL Basic Research Program, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702 1201
Genes Dev 8:1131-2. 1994
- IL-6DBP, a nuclear protein involved in interleukin-6 signal transduction, defines a new family of leucine zipper proteins related to C/EBPV Poli
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Cell 63:643-53. 1990....
- Molecular cloning of two C/EBP-related proteins that bind to the promoter and the enhancer of the alpha 1-fetoprotein gene. Further analysis of C/EBP beta and C/EBP gammaH Thomassin
Le Centre de recherche en cancérologie, l Université Laval, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 20:3091-8. 1992..The high levels of C/EBP beta and gamma mRNAs in rat yolk sac and fetal liver, where C/EBP alpha is poorly expressed, suggest that C/EBP beta and/or gamma could be preponderant or early regulators of the AFP gene in these tissues...
- Portal blood flow regulates volume recovery of the rat liver after partial hepatectomy: molecular evaluationT Nobuoka
Department of Surgery I, Sapporo Medical University Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Eur Surg Res 38:522-32. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the molecular effect of portal blood flow on hepatocyte proliferation and gene regulation during liver regeneration...
- Involvement of C/EBP-alpha gene in in vitro activation of rat hepatic stellate cellsGuang Cun Huang
Department of Pathology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 324:1309-18. 2004..In conclusions, C/EBP-alpha gene is involved in in vitro activation of rat HSCs...
- Interaction between GATA and the C/EBP family of transcription factors is critical in GATA-mediated suppression of adipocyte differentiationQiang Tong
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Ave, Bldg 1, Rm 207, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:706-15. 2005..Thus, these results show that in addition to its previously recognized function in suppressing PPARgamma transcriptional activity, interaction of GATA factors with C/EBP is necessary for their ability to negatively regulate adipogenesis...
- C/EBP alpha and C/EBP beta regulate haptoglobin gene expression during rat liver development and the acute-phase responseSvetlana Dinić
Department of Molecular Biology, Institute for Biological Research, Despot Stefan Blvd 142, Belgrade 11060, Serbia and Montenegro
Mol Biol Rep 32:141-7. 2005..These results indicate that Hp gene transcription is regulated by C/EBP alpha during normal liver development, whereas C/EBP beta is involved in the AP regulation during the later phase of differentiation and in the adult...
- CCAAT enhancer-binding protein alpha suppresses the rat placental glutathione S-transferase gene in normal liverHiromi Ikeda
Departments of Biochemistry and Ophthalmology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, N15, W7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:6734-41. 2006..These results indicate that C/EBPalpha is a negative regulator of GST-P gene expression in normal liver...
- Functional characterisation of the regulation of CAAT enhancer binding protein alpha by GSK-3 phosphorylation of Threonines 222/226H K Liu
Division of Pathology and Neurosciences, Ninewells Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 9SY, UK
BMC Mol Biol 7:14. 2006..We aimed to establish whether CEBPalpha is a link between GSK3 and these gene promoters...
- Sumoylation of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha and its functional roles in hepatocyte differentiationYoshitaka Sato
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8603, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:21629-39. 2006..This result suggests that BRG1 down-regulates the expression of the dihydrofolate reductase gene. These findings provide the insight that SUMO acts as a space regulator, which affects protein-protein interactions...
- Down regulation of PSA by C/EBPalpha is associated with loss of AR expression and inhibition of PSA promoter activity in the LNCaP cell lineHong Yin
Feist Weiller Cancer Center and Department of Medicine, LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, USA
BMC Cancer 6:158. 2006..C/EBPalpha is a transcription factor essential for terminal differentiation of several cell types. It has not known if C/EBPalpha protein is expressed and functions in the prostate gland...
- Hepatic CCAAT/enhancer binding protein (C/EBP-alpha and C/EBP-beta) expression changes with riboflavin deficiency, diet restriction and starvation in ratsR B Chapin
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
J Nutr 124:2365-75. 1994....
- Transcriptional regulation of the glucose-6-phosphatase gene by cAMP/vasoactive intestinal peptide in the intestine. Role of HNF4alpha, CREM, HNF1alpha, and C/EBPalphaAmandine Gautier-Stein
INSERM, U 449, F 69372 Lyon, France
J Biol Chem 281:31268-78. 2006..These results allow us to identify intestine-specific regulators of the Glc6Pase gene and to improve the understanding of the differences in the regulation of gluconeogenesis in the intestine compared with the liver...
- Lipogenesis in fetal rat lung: importance of C/EBPalpha, SREBP-1c, and stearoyl-CoA desaturaseFeijie Zhang
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 30:174-83. 2004..SCD-1 and phosphatidate cytidylyltransferase are important components of the lipogenic response in the fetal lung that have not been recognized previously...
- Tribbles homolog 2 inactivates C/EBPalpha and causes acute myelogenous leukemiaKaren Keeshan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, Institute for Medicine and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Cell 10:401-11. 2006..Furthermore, Trib2 expression was elevated in a subset of human AML patient samples. Together, our data identify Trib2 as an oncogene that induces AML through a mechanism involving inactivation of C/EBPalpha...
- Keratinocyte growth factor and the transcription factors C/EBP alpha, C/EBP delta, and SREBP-1c regulate fatty acid synthesis in alveolar type II cellsRobert J Mason
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Clin Invest 112:244-55. 2003..In summary, KGF stimulates lipogenesis in type II cells by a coordinated expression of lipogenic enzymes and transport proteins regulated by C/EBP isoforms and SREBP-1c...
- Dexamethasone reverses TGF-beta-mediated inhibition of primary rat preadipocyte differentiationSun Mi Shin
Laboratory of Immunology, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, 305 333, Daejon, South Korea
FEBS Lett 543:25-30. 2003..These results indicate that dexamethasone reverses the TGF-beta-mediated suppression of adipocyte differentiation by regulating the expression of C/EBPalpha and PPARgamma, which is dependent on the cellular context...
- [PPARgamma and C/EBPalpha mRNA expression in the primary culture of rat preadipocytes during differentiation]Sheng Feng Chen
College of Animal Science, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou 510642
Fen Zi Xi Bao Sheng Wu Xue Bao 40:272-5. 2007..In a conclusion, this study suggested that both the initiating and maintaining of differentiation process were regulated by PPARgamma, while C/EBPalpha was likely to participate in the maintaining of differentiation process only...
- C/EBP alpha:AP-1 leucine zipper heterodimers bind novel DNA elements, activate the PU.1 promoter and direct monocyte lineage commitment more potently than C/EBP alpha homodimers or AP-1D H Cai
Division of Pediatric Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Oncogene 27:2772-9. 2008..C/EBPalpha:cJun binds and activates the endogenous PU.1 promoter, providing one mechanism for induction of monopoiesis by this complex...
- Over-expression of C/EBP-alpha induces apoptosis in cultured rat hepatic stellate cells depending on p53 and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gammaXueqing Wang
Department of Pathology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 138 Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 380:286-91. 2009..In addition, Fas, FasL, DR4, DR5, and TRAIL were studied. The results indicated that the death receptor pathway was mainly involved and regulated by PPAR-gamma and p53 in the process of apoptosis triggered by C/EBP-alpha in HSCs...
- Structural basis for DNA recognition by the basic region leucine zipper transcription factor CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alphaMaria Miller
Protein Structure Section, Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory, and the Regulation of Cell Growth Laboratory, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
J Biol Chem 278:15178-84. 2003..Our studies also help to explain the phenotypes of mice carrying targeted mutations in the C/EBPalpha bZIP region...
- Conference:Lung Surfactant:Cellular & Molecular BiologyRobert Mason; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..