Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Arcn1
Description: archain 1
Alias: coatomer subunit delta, delta-COP, delta-coat protein
- Lowe M, Kreis T. In vivo assembly of coatomer, the COP-I coat precursor. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:30725-30 pubmed..These results describe for the first time in vivo assembly of a coat protein complex involved in membrane traffic and extend our knowledge of how coatomer is structured. ..
- Xu X, Kedlaya R, Higuchi H, Ikeda S, Justice M, Setaluri V, et al. Mutation in archain 1, a subunit of COPI coatomer complex, causes diluted coat color and Purkinje cell degeneration. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000956 pubmed publisher..By positional cloning, we identified that the nur17 mouse carries a T-to-C missense mutation in archain 1 (Arcn1) gene which encodes the delta subunit of the coat protein I (COPI) complex required for intracellular trafficking...
- Boutchueng Djidjou M, Collard Simard G, Fortier S, HÃ©bert S, Kelly I, Landry C, et al. The last enzyme of the de novo purine synthesis pathway 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase/IMP cyclohydrolase (ATIC) plays a central role in insulin signaling and the Golgi/endosomes protein network. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2015;14:1079-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the presence of a signaling mechanism that senses adenylate synthesis, ATP levels, and IR activation states and that acts in regulating IR autophosphorylation and endocytosis. ..
- Orcl L, Palmer D, Amherdt M, Rothman J. Coated vesicle assembly in the Golgi requires only coatomer and ARF proteins from the cytosol. Nature. 1993;364:732-4 pubmed..COP-coated buds may therefore form essentially by self-assembly from Golgi cisternae after an initial step in which GTP is used to allow ARF binding. ..
- Hata S, Koyama S, Kawahara H, Doi N, Maeda T, Toyama Sorimachi N, et al. Stomach-specific calpain, nCL-2, localizes in mucus cells and proteolyzes the beta-subunit of coatomer complex, beta-COP. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:11214-24 pubmed..These results strongly suggest novel functions for nCL-2 that involve the membrane trafficking of mucus cells via interactions with coat protein. ..