Gene Symbol: MC4R
Description: melanocortin 4 receptor
Alias: melanocortin receptor 4, MC4-R, melanocortin-4 receptor MC4R
- Interactions between genes involved in growth and muscularity in pigs: IGF-2, myostatin, ryanodine receptor 1, and melanocortin-4 receptorA Stinckens
Departement of Biosystems, KULeuven, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
Domest Anim Endocrinol 37:227-35. 2009..in porcine ryanodine receptor 1 (RYR1), insulin-like growth factor-2 (IGF-2), and melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R). Recently, a fourth possible QTN was found in porcine myostatin (MSTN)...
- Evaluation of effects of multiple candidate genes (LEP, LEPR, MC4R, PIK3C3, and VRTN) on production traits in Duroc pigsKensuke Hirose
Central Research Institute for Feed and Livestock ZEN NOH, National Federation of Agricultural Co operative Associations, Kamishihoro, Hokkaido, Japan
Anim Sci J 85:198-206. 2014We evaluated multiple effects of genetic variations of five candidate loci (LEP, LEPR, MC4R, PIK3C3 and VRTN) on four production traits (average daily weight gain (ADG); backfat thickness (BFT); loin eye muscle area (EMA); and ..
- Lack of the associations of the polymorphisms in IGF2, MC4R and GNAS genes with reproduction traits in pigs and imprinting analysis of IGF2 gene in ovary and cornus uteriM Oczkowicz
Laboratory of Genomics, National Research Institute of Animal Production, Cracow, Poland
Reprod Domest Anim 48:562-8. 2013..In our study, we investigated associations between polymorphisms in IGF2, GNAS and MC4R genes with reproductive traits of Polish Landrace and Large White pigs...
- Gene expression in hypothalamus, liver, and adipose tissues and food intake response to melanocortin-4 receptor agonist in pigs expressing melanocortin-4 receptor mutationsC Richard Barb
Poultry Processing and Swine Physiology Research, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture
Physiol Genomics 41:254-68. 2010..used to identify genes and pathways that responded to intracerebroventricular injection of melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) agonist [Nle(4), d-Phe(7)]-α-melanocyte stimulating hormone (NDP-MSH) in pigs homozygous for the missense ..
- Association of melanocortin 4 receptor (MC4R) and high mobility group AT-hook 1 (HMGA1) polymorphisms with pig growth and fat deposition traitsK S Kim
Department of Animal Science, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Korea
Anim Genet 37:419-21. 2006The aim of this study was to analyse the combined effect of melanocortin 4 receptor (MC4R) and high mobility group AT-hook 1 (HMGA1) polymorphisms on growth and fatness traits in Duroc pigs...
- A missense variant of the porcine melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) gene is associated with fatness, growth, and feed intake traitsK S Kim
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
Mamm Genome 11:131-5. 2000..The melanocortin-4 receptor gene (MC4R) has been implicated in the regulation of feeding behavior and body weight in humans and mice...
- Analysis of MC4R polymorphism in Italian Large White and Italian Duroc pigs: association with carcass traitsR Davoli
Department of Agri food Protection and Valorisation DIPROVAL, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Bologna, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Meat Sci 90:887-92. 2012The melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) gene codes for a G protein transmembrane receptor playing an important role in energy homeostasis control. In pig a single nucleotide polymorphism c...
- Distribution and linkage disequilibrium analysis of polymorphisms of MC4R, LEP, H-FABP genes in the different populations of pigs, associated with economic traits in DIV2 lineZhe Chao
Institute of Animal Sciences and Veterinary, Hainan Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Haikou, Hainan, 571100, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:6329-35. 2012PCR-RFLP was used to analyze the polymorphisms of MC4R, LEP, H-FABP genes in a swine breed composite (DIV2) and 4 swine breeds (Yorkshire, Landrace, Meishan, Bamei)...
- Evaluation of the porcine melanocortin 4 receptor (MC4R) gene as a positional candidate for a fatness QTL in a cross between Landrace and HampshireC S Bruun
Department of Animal and Veterinary Basic Sciences, Division of Genetics, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Groennegaardsvej 3, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Anim Genet 37:359-62. 2006Melanocortin 4 receptor (MC4R) is expressed in the appetite-regulating areas of the brain where it is central in the regulation of feed intake and energy balance...
- Association of the melanocortin 4 receptor with feed intake and daily gain in F2 Mangalitsa x Piétrain pigsK Meidtner
Technical University Munich, Freising Weihenstephan 85350, Germany
Anim Genet 37:245-7. 2006The melanocortin 4 receptor (MC4R) is a key factor in the regulation of energy balance and body weight. Hence it is a candidate for feed intake and energy homeostasis-related traits...
- Pharmacological analyses of two naturally occurring porcine melanocortin-4 receptor mutations in domestic pigsZhen Chuan Fan
Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849 5519, USA
Domest Anim Endocrinol 34:383-90. 2008The melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) is critical in regulating mammalian food intake and energy expenditure. Numerous mutations in the MC4R gene have been identified from obese humans...
- Structural analysis and haplotype diversity in swine LEP and MC4R genesM D'Andrea
Dip SAVA, University of Molise, Campobasso, Italy
J Anim Breed Genet 125:130-6. 2008..Leptin (LEP) and melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) genes are involved in the energetic pathway and are obvious candidate genes for fatness...
- Detailed characterization of the porcine MC4R gene in relation to fatness and growthB Fan
Department of Animal Science and Center for Integrated Animal Genomics, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Anim Genet 40:401-9. 2009In contrast to the human MC4R gene, where multiple variants have been described, several of which are associated with appetite and obesity, few MC4R variants have been reported in the pig...
- Association of the melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) with feed intake, growth, fatness and carcass composition in pigs raised in PolandK Piórkowska
Department of Animal Genetics and Breeding, National Research Institute of Animal Production, ul Krakowska 1, 32 083 Balice, Poland
Meat Sci 85:297-301. 2010The melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) is involved in feed intake regulation...
- Effects of porcine MC4R and LEPR polymorphisms, gender and Duroc sire line on economic traits in Duroc × Iberian crossbred pigsG Munoz
Departamento de Mejora Genética Animal, INIA, Ctra Coruña Km 7, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Meat Sci 88:169-73. 2011Polymorphisms MC4R c.1426 A>G (p.Asp298Asn) and LEPR c.2002 C>T (p.Leu663Phe) have been associated in pigs with feed intake, growth and fatness...
- [Distributions of polymorphism of ADD1, MC4R, H-FABP gene, associated with IMF and BF in 3 populations in pig]Chang Long Li
Department of Animal Science, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 201101, China
Yi Chuan 28:159-64. 2006..We have known that polymorphism of H-FABP, MC4R and ADD1 gene associated relation with IMF or BF in recent research...