Genomes and Genes
insulin like growth factor
Gene Symbol: insulin like growth factor
Description: insulin like growth factor 1
Alias: IGF-1, IGF-I, Npt2B, insulin-like growth factor I, somatomedin C
Products: insulin like growth factor
- Schlegel W, Halbauer D, Raimann A, Albrecht C, Scharmer D, Sagmeister S, et al. IGF expression patterns and regulation in growth plate chondrocytes. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;327:65-71 pubmed publisher..The abundant expression of IGF-II in porcine growth plate tissue, both on the mRNA and on the protein level, suggests that IGF-II also has a role in growth regulation at the early postnatal stage. ..
- Robic A, Riquet J, Yerle M, Milan D, Lahbib Mansais Y, Dubut Fontana C, et al. Porcine linkage and cytogenetic maps integrated by regional mapping of 100 microsatellites on somatic cell hybrid panel. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:438-45 pubmed..USDA and PiGMaP linkage maps are now oriented for all chromosomes, except for Chrs 17 and 18. Moreover, the linkage group "R" from the USDA linkage map was assigned to Chr 6. ..
- Ramsay T, Richards M, Li C, Caperna T. IGF-I mediated inhibition of leptin receptor expression in porcine hepatocytes. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;155:43-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest porcine hepatocytes may be less sensitive to leptin stimulation due to the actions of endogenous IGF-I on leptin receptor expression. ..
- Xiao S, Li S, Zhang J, Zhang S, Dai L, Bao Y, et al. Cloning and characterization of class 1 and class 2 insulin-like growth factor-I mRNA in Songliao black pig. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:415-21 pubmed..Both classes of IGF-I mRNA were expressed in a variety of tissues, however, class 1 IGF-I mRNA was more abundant than class 2 in all tissues. ..
- Rettenberger G, Bruch J, Beattie C, Moran C, Fries R, Hameister H. Chromosomal assignment of seventeen porcine microsatellites and genes by use of a somatic cell hybrid mapping panel. Anim Genet. 1995;26:269-73 pubmed..The confirmed and the new assignments extend the information of the previously established linkage maps and provide framework loci on which to order additional informative markers. ..
- Duan C. The chemotactic and mitogenic responses of vascular smooth muscle cells to insulin-like growth factor-I require the activation of ERK1/2. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;206:75-83 pubmed..These results suggest that the chemotactic and mitogenic responses of VSMCs to IGF-I require the activation of ERK1 and 2. ..
- Sasaoka T, Rose D, Jhun B, Saltiel A, Draznin B, Olefsky J. Evidence for a functional role of Shc proteins in mitogenic signaling induced by insulin, insulin-like growth factor-1, and epidermal growth factor. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:13689-94 pubmed..The functional locus of Shc is either upstream of p21ras or lies on a distinct branch of the pathway leading to cell cycle progression. ..
- De W, Ai rong Z, Yan L, Sheng yu X, Hai yan G, Yong Z. Effect of feeding allowance level on embryonic survival, IGF-1, insulin, GH, leptin and progesterone secretion in early pregnancy gilts. J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl). 2009;93:577-85 pubmed publisher....
- Tavakkol A, Simmen F, Simmen R. Porcine insulin-like growth factor-I (pIGF-I): complementary deoxyribonucleic acid cloning and uterine expression of messenger ribonucleic acid encoding evolutionarily conserved IGF-I peptides. Mol Endocrinol. 1988;2:674-81 pubmed..Thus, uterine production of IGF-I appears to be especially significant during early pregnancy in the pig when uterine growth, elevated IGF-I in uterine fluids, and rapid embryonic development are observed. ..
- Schlegel W, Raimann A, Halbauer D, Scharmer D, Sagmeister S, Wessner B, et al. Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-1) Ec/Mechano Growth factor--a splice variant of IGF-1 within the growth plate. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76133 pubmed publisher..We found the MGF peptide to be primarily located in the cytoplasm, and in some instances, it was also found in the nucleus of the cells. Addition of MGF peptides was not associated with growth plate chondrocyte proliferation. ..
- Miese Looy G, van den Heuvel M, Edwards A, LaMarre J, Tayade C. Expression of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) family members in porcine pregnancy. J Reprod Dev. 2012;58:51-60 pubmed..Our results suggest that IGF-I and II and their receptors are differentially expressed at the maternal and fetal components of the attachment site. ..
- Cascella T, Radhakrishnan Y, Maile L, Busby W, Gollahon K, Colao A, et al. Aldosterone enhances IGF-I-mediated signaling and biological function in vascular smooth muscle cells. Endocrinology. 2010;151:5851-64 pubmed publisher..These changes are mediated in part through increased oxidative stress. The findings suggest a new mechanism by which aldosterone could accelerate the development of atherosclerosis...
- Gregoraszczuk E, Ptak A, Wojciechowicz T, Nowak K. Action of IGF-I on expression of the long form of the leptin receptor (ObRb) in the prepubertal period and throughout the estrous cycle in the mature pig ovary. J Reprod Dev. 2007;53:289-95 pubmed..Moreover, this data points to an important role of IGF-I in leptin receptor expression during the entire estrous cycle, with a special role during the prepubertal period. ..
- Weller P, Dickson M, Huskisson N, Dauncey M, Buttery P, Gilmour R. The porcine insulin-like growth factor-I gene: characterization and expression of alternate transcription sites. J Mol Endocrinol. 1993;11:201-11 pubmed..This suggests that liver-derived endocrine IGF-I has an important function in the regulation of muscle growth and that class 2 IGF-I transcripts are more sensitive to conditions that promote optimal growth. ..
- Winterø A, Fredholm M, Andersson L. Assignment of the gene for porcine insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1) to chromosome 5 by linkage mapping. Anim Genet. 1994;25:37-9 pubmed..The results presented here extend the linkage group on pig chromosome 5 and are in accordance with conserved synteny between human chromosome 12, cattle chromosome 5, mouse chromosome 10 and pig chromosome 5. ..
- Yue M, Tian Y, Wang Y, Gu Y, Bayaer N, Hu Q, et al. Associated analysis of single nucleotide polymorphisms found on exon 3 of the IGF-1 gene with Tibetan miniature pig growth traits. Genet Mol Res. 2014;13:1263-9 pubmed publisher..The TC genotype of the Tibetan miniature pig has a smaller body type. This information provides a theoretical basis for the genetic background of Tibetan miniature pigs. ..
- Luo Z, Fang X, Shu G, Wang S, Zhu X, Gao P, et al. Sorbic acid improves growth performance and regulates insulin-like growth factor system gene expression in swine. J Anim Sci. 2011;89:2356-64 pubmed publisher..05) IGFBP or PPARγ mRNA expression, in pig primary hepatocytes. These results indicate that SA improves growth performance by regulating IGF system gene expression and hormone secretion. ..
- Wan X, Wang S, Xu J, Zhuang L, Xing K, Zhang M, et al. Dietary protein-induced hepatic IGF-1 secretion mediated by PPARγ activation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0173174 pubmed publisher..In summary, PPARγ plays an important role in the regulation of IGF-1 secretion and gene expression in response to dietary protein. ..
- Brown S, Peters R, Lawrence A. Up-regulation of IGF-1 in the frontal cortex of piglets exposed to an environmentally enriched arena. Physiol Behav. 2017;173:285-292 pubmed publisher..03; t7=1.54, p=0.1). We believe this work is the first to explore effects of EE on pig brain physiology and development, and also points to a potential role for IGF-1 in brain effects of EE. ..
- Muller M, Brem G. Nucleotide sequence of porcine insulin-like growth factor. 1:5' untranslated region, exons 1 and 2 and mRNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:364 pubmed
- Zhao X, Xu N, Hu X, Li N. [Effects of microsatellite in the regulatory region of IGF1 on growth traits in Jinhua swine]. Yi Chuan. 2007;29:206-10 pubmed..01), therefore increasing LWB of the second parity could improve litter performance of Jinhua pig. ..
- Ellison G, Torella D, Dellegrottaglie S, Perez Martinez C, Perez de Prado A, Vicinanza C, et al. Endogenous cardiac stem cell activation by insulin-like growth factor-1/hepatocyte growth factor intracoronary injection fosters survival and regeneration of the infarcted pig heart. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;58:977-86 pubmed publisher....
- Sirotkin A, Florkovičová Koničková I, Schaeffer H, Laurincik J, Harrath A. Interrelationships between ovarian follicles grown in culture and possible mediators. Reprod Biol. 2017;17:97-104 pubmed publisher....
- Wang S, Wang G, Zhang M, Zhuang L, Wan X, Xu J, et al. The dipeptide Pro-Asp promotes IGF-1 secretion and expression in hepatocytes by enhancing JAK2/STAT5 signaling pathway. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;436:204-10 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggested that the dipeptide Pro-Asp promoted IGF-1 secretion and expression in hepatocytes by enhancing GH-mediated JAK2/STAT5 signaling pathway. ..
- Nemcova L, Nagyova E, Petlach M, Tomanek M, Prochazka R. Molecular mechanisms of insulin-like growth factor 1 promoted synthesis and retention of hyaluronic acid in porcine oocyte-cumulus complexes. Biol Reprod. 2007;76:1016-24 pubmed..We conclude that IGF1 promotes the FSH-stimulated synthesis and retention of HA in pig OCCs by PIK3/AKT- and MAPK3/1-dependent mechanisms. ..
- Wang L, Zhang G, Lin F, Jiang B, Dong F, Liu H. Expression of the insulin-like growth factor system in skeletal muscle during embryonic and postnatal development in the first filial generation pigs from Erhualian and Yorkshire reciprocal crosses. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2011;173:56-62 pubmed publisher..Our results may provide a valuable resource for the molecular breeding of pigs. ..
- Jeong W, Song G, Bazer F, Kim J. Insulin-like growth factor I induces proliferation and migration of porcine trophectoderm cells through multiple cell signaling pathways, including protooncogenic protein kinase 1 and mitogen-activated protein kinase. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;384:175-84 pubmed publisher....
- Jiao Q, Lei M, Wang L, Mo X, Lan J, Xiong Y. Developmental expression changes of the genes involved in IGFI signaling pathway in longissimus dorsi muscle of Tongcheng and Yorkshire pigs during postnatal growth. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:5133-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, IGFI signaling pathway regulates myofibre hypertrophy postnatally via complicated signal effectors, which may have negative impact on meat quality simultaneously. ..
- Tang Y, Xiong K, Shen M, Mu Y, Li K, Liu H. CCAAT-enhancer binding protein (C/EBP) β regulates insulin-like growth factor (IGF) 1 expression in porcine liver during prenatal and postnatal development. Mol Cell Biochem. 2015;401:209-18 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that C/EBP β can activate IGF1 expression after birth by binding to IGF1 promoter. Our study may contribute to a better understanding of mammalian development and bring a novel anti-aging pathway in human. ..
- Harumi T, Maruyama K, Kagami H, Sano A, Matsubara Y, Tagami T, et al. Cloning of porcine IGF1 receptor cDNA and detection of sequence polymorphisms using RT-PCR. Anim Genet. 2001;32:386-9 pubmed..1 and 95.2% sequence similarity to the human and rat IGF1R, respectively. In the comparison of RT-PCR derived IGF1R sequences from 12 unrelated pigs, 12 silent sequence variants were found. ..
- Radhakrishnan Y, Maile L, Ling Y, Graves L, Clemmons D. Insulin-like growth factor-I stimulates Shc-dependent phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation via Grb2-associated p85 in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:16320-31 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in VSMCs exposed to hyperglycemia, IGF-I stimulation of Shc facilitates the transfer of Grb2 to p85 resulting in enhanced PI3K activation and AKT phosphorylation leading to enhanced cell proliferation and migration. ..
- Wientjes J, Soede N, Aarsse F, Laurenssen B, Koopmanschap R, Van Den Brand H, et al. Effects of dietary carbohydrate sources on plasma glucose, insulin and IGF-I levels in multiparous sows. J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl). 2012;96:494-505 pubmed publisher..The results show that modulation of plasma insulin levels by dietary carbohydrates seems possible in anabolic sows, but IGF-I levels are less easily modified...
- Wang D, Liu Y, L X, Zhu Y, Ling F, Liu A, et al. Expression of ghrelin and insulin-like growth factor-1 in immature piglet model of chronic cyanotic congenital heart defects with decreased pulmonary blood flow. Chin Med J (Engl). 2011;124:2354-60 pubmed..The ghrelin system may be an important part of the network regulating cardiac performance...
- Wang J, Zhu X, Xie G, Zhang Y, Liu Z, Zhang L, et al. Effect of copper on the expression of IGF-1 from chondrocytes in newborn piglets in vitro. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012;148:178-81 pubmed publisher..6, 31.2, and 62.5 μmol/L copper, respectively. In the present experiment, the optimal copper concentration and optimal culture time for the expression of IGF-1 mRNA were 31.2 μmol/L and 48 h, respectively. ..
- Gómez Mauricio G, Moscoso I, Martín Cancho M, Crisostomo V, Prat Vidal C, Báez Díaz C, et al. Combined administration of mesenchymal stem cells overexpressing IGF-1 and HGF enhances neovascularization but moderately improves cardiac regeneration in a porcine model. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:94 pubmed publisher....
- Goureau A, Garrigues A, Tosser Klopp G, Lahbib Mansais Y, Chardon P, Yerle M. Conserved synteny and gene order difference between human chromosome 12 and pig chromosome 5. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;94:49-54 pubmed..In addition, it was also possible to determine the position of the synteny breakpoint. ..
- Fang X, Shu G, Zhang Z, Wang S, Zhu X, Gao P, et al. Roles of α-linolenic acid on IGF-I secretion and GH/IGF system gene expression in porcine primary hepatocytes. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:10987-96 pubmed publisher..Moreover, GW6471 prevented the IGF-I promoting effect of ALA. This suggests that the IGF-I promoting effect of ALA may be mediated by the PPARα pathway. ..