Gene Symbol: IGF1R
Description: insulin like growth factor 1 receptor
Alias: insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor, IGF-1 receptor, IGF-I receptor, insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor beta subunit, insulin-like growth factor receptor 1, insulin-like growth factor-I receptor
- Lahbib Mansais Y, Yerle M, Gellin J. Localization of IGF1R and EDN genes to pig chromosomes 1 and 7 by in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1995;71:225-7 pubmedThe genes coding for the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor (IGF1R) and a porcine endothelium-derived 21-residue vasoconstrictor peptide (EDN) were localized in the pig by means of radioactive in situ hybridization...
- Kopecny M, Stratil A, Bartenschlager H, Peelman L, Van Poucke M, Geldermann H. Linkage and radiation hybrid mapping of the porcine IGF1R and TPM2 genes to chromosome 1. Anim Genet. 2002;33:398-400 pubmed
- Schweiger M, Steffl M, Amselgruber W. Cell-type specific expression of IGF-1R in porcine islet cells. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2005;15:33-8 pubmed..The high expression of IGF-1R in porcine D-cells indicates that mammalian IGF-1R genes are regulated in a different manner since it was shown that in all other species IGF-1R was expressed in B- and A-cells but not in D-cells. ..
- Hu Z, Rohrer G, Stone R, Rutherford M, Osinski M, Pampusch M, et al. Linkage assignment of eleven genes to the porcine genome. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:559-63 pubmed..Cholecystokinin Type B Receptor (CCKBR), Antibiotic Peptide (FALL39), Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 Receptor (IGF1R), Integrin Alpha M (ITGAM), Integrin Beta 2 (ITGbeta2), Opioid Receptor Mu-1 (OPRM1), Pro-hormone Converter (PC1/3)..
- Harumi T, Maruyama K, Kagami H, Sano A, Matsubara Y, Tagami T, et al. Cloning of porcine IGF1 receptor cDNA and detection of sequence polymorphisms using RT-PCR. Anim Genet. 2001;32:386-9 pubmedA cDNA encoding the porcine type 1 insulin-like growth factor receptor (IGF1R) was amplified by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR). The sequence of a 4...
- Broussard S, McCusker R, Novakofski J, Strle K, Shen W, Johnson R, et al. IL-1beta impairs insulin-like growth factor i-induced differentiation and downstream activation signals of the insulin-like growth factor i receptor in myoblasts. J Immunol. 2004;172:7713-20 pubmed..Collectively, the results are consistent with the notion that very low concentrations of IL-1beta significantly impair myogenesis, but they are unable to do so in the absence of the growth factor IGF-I. ..
- Green M, Simmen R, Simmen F. Developmental regulation of steroidogenic enzyme gene expression in the periimplantation porcine conceptus: a paracrine role for insulin-like growth factor-I. Endocrinology. 1995;136:3961-70 pubmed....
- Díaz E, Cárdenas M, Ariza A, Larrea F, Halhali A. Placental insulin and insulin-like growth factor I receptors in normal and preeclamptic pregnancies. Clin Biochem. 2005;38:243-7 pubmed..Furthermore, high blood pressure may affect the affinity of placental IR, but not the affinity or number of placental IGF-1 receptors. ..
- Wang L, Zhang G, Lin F, Jiang B, Dong F, Liu H. Expression of the insulin-like growth factor system in skeletal muscle during embryonic and postnatal development in the first filial generation pigs from Erhualian and Yorkshire reciprocal crosses. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2011;173:56-62 pubmed publisher..Our results may provide a valuable resource for the molecular breeding of pigs. ..
- Ge Z, Nicholson W, Plotner D, Farin C, Gadsby J. Insulin-like growth factor I receptor mRNA and protein expression in pig corpora lutea. J Reprod Fertil. 2000;120:109-14 pubmed..Furthermore, IGF-I receptor was localized primarily on large luteal cells, thus it is hypothesized that IGF-I may play a paracrine role in the pig corpus luteum. ..
- Kalbe C, Mau M, Rehfeldt C. Developmental changes and the impact of isoflavones on mRNA expression of IGF-I receptor, EGF receptor and related growth factors in porcine skeletal muscle cell cultures. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2008;18:424-33 pubmed publisher..Genistein and daidzein at high concentration (100 microM) reduced the mRNA expression of the IGF-I receptor and the growth factors examined, and therefore, may modify their autocrine and paracrine actions in skeletal muscle tissue. ..