Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Zrsr1
Description: zinc finger (CCCH type), RNA binding motif and serine/arginine rich 1
Alias: D11Ncvs75, Irlgs2, SP2, U2af1-rs1, U2afbp-rs, U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein auxiliary factor 35 kDa subunit-related protein 1, CCCH type zinc finger, RNA-binding motif and serine/arginine rich protein 1, U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein auxiliary factor (U2AF) 1, related sequence 1, U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein auxiliary factor (U2AF), 35 kDa, related sequence 1, U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein auxiliary factor (U2AF), related sequence 1, U2(RNU2) small nuclear RNA auxiliary factor 1-like 1
- Mager J, Montgomery N, de Villena F, Magnuson T. Genome imprinting regulated by the mouse Polycomb group protein Eed. Nat Genet. 2003;33:502-7 pubmed..These data identify Eed as a member of a new class of trans-acting factors that regulate parent-of-origin expression at imprinted loci. ..
- Wang Y, Joh K, Masuko S, Yatsuki H, Soejima H, Nabetani A, et al. The mouse Murr1 gene is imprinted in the adult brain, presumably due to transcriptional interference by the antisense-oriented U2af1-rs1 gene. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:270-9 pubmed....
- Hayashizaki Y, Shibata H, Hirotsune S, Sugino H, Okazaki Y, Sasaki N, et al. Identification of an imprinted U2af binding protein related sequence on mouse chromosome 11 using the RLGS method. Nat Genet. 1994;6:33-40 pubmed..The amino-acid sequence deduced from the cDNA showed significant homology to the U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein auxiliary factor 35 kDa subunit. ..
- Nabetani A, Hatada I, Morisaki H, Oshimura M, Mukai T. Mouse U2af1-rs1 is a neomorphic imprinted gene. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:789-98 pubmed..We have proposed the neomorphic origin of the U2af1-rs1 gene by retrotransposition and the particular mechanism of genomic imprinting of ectopic genes. ..
- Wang X, Sun Q, McGrath S, Mardis E, Soloway P, Clark A. Transcriptome-wide identification of novel imprinted genes in neonatal mouse brain. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3839 pubmed publisher....
- Arnaud P, Hata K, Kaneda M, Li E, Sasaki H, Feil R, et al. Stochastic imprinting in the progeny of Dnmt3L-/- females. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:589-98 pubmed..This observation can provide a basis to understand mechanisms involved in some sporadic cases of imprinting-related diseases and polymorphic imprinting in human. ..
- Weiss R, Kostrub C, Enoch T, Leder P. Mouse Hus1, a homolog of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe hus1+ cell cycle checkpoint gene. Genomics. 1999;59:32-9 pubmed..Finally, mouse Hus1 was found to be expressed in a variety of adult tissues and at several stages of embryonic development. ..
- Wang Q, Chung Y, deVries W, Struwe M, Latham K. Role of protein synthesis in the development of a transcriptionally permissive state in one-cell stage mouse embryos. Biol Reprod. 2001;65:748-54 pubmed....
- Wang Q, Latham K. Requirement for protein synthesis during embryonic genome activation in mice. Mol Reprod Dev. 1997;47:265-70 pubmed....
- Watkins Chow D, Buckwalter M, Newhouse M, Lossie A, Brinkmeier M, Camper S. Genetic mapping of 21 genes on mouse chromosome 11 reveals disruptions in linkage conservation with human chromosome 5. Genomics. 1997;40:114-22 pubmed..Comparison of the mouse and human maps with data for other species provides an emerging picture of mammalian chromosome evolution. ..
- Nabetani A, Hatada I, Morisaki H, Mukai T. Chromosomal assignment and imprinting tests for the mouse delta subunit of the cytosolic chaperonin containing TCP-1 (Cct4) gene to proximal chromosome 11. Genomics. 1996;34:246-9 pubmed....
- Hatada I, Sugama T, Mukai T. A new imprinted gene cloned by a methylation-sensitive genome scanning method. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:5577-82 pubmed....
- Kalcheva I, Plass C, Sait S, Eddy R, Shows T, Watkins Chow D, et al. Comparative mapping of the imprinted U2afbpL gene on mouse chromosome 11 and human chromosome 5. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1995;68:19-24 pubmed..The location of the human homologue has been determined using both somatic cell hybrid genetic analysis and fluorescence in situ hybridization. These analyses have mapped the human locus U2AFBPL to human chromosome 5q23-->q31. ..
- Wagschal A, Sutherland H, Woodfine K, Henckel A, Chebli K, Schulz R, et al. G9a histone methyltransferase contributes to imprinting in the mouse placenta. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1104-13 pubmed..These findings provide the first evidence for the involvement of an HMT and suggest that histone methylation contributes to imprinted gene repression in the trophoblast. ..
- Fukasawa M, Morita S, Kimura M, Horii T, Ochiya T, Hatada I. Genomic imprinting in Dicer1-hypomorphic mice. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2006;113:138-43 pubmed..We did not observe any abnormality in the allelic expression of imprinted genes in these mice or their offspring, suggesting that reduced expression of Dicer1 did not significantly affect the maintenance and reprogramming of imprinting. ..
- Gregory R, Randall T, Johnson C, Khosla S, Hatada I, O Neill L, et al. DNA methylation is linked to deacetylation of histone H3, but not H4, on the imprinted genes Snrpn and U2af1-rs1. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:5426-36 pubmed..Collectively, these data are consistent with the hypothesis that CpG methylation leads to deacetylation of histone H3, but not H4, through a process that involves selective binding of MBD proteins. ..
- Cattanach B, Shibata H, Hayashizaki Y, Townsend K, Ball S, Beechey C. Association of a redefined proximal mouse chromosome 11 imprinting region and U2afbp-rs/U2af1-rs1 expression. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1998;80:41-7 pubmed....
- Dean W, Bowden L, Aitchison A, Klose J, Moore T, Meneses J, et al. Altered imprinted gene methylation and expression in completely ES cell-derived mouse fetuses: association with aberrant phenotypes. Development. 1998;125:2273-82 pubmed..Our study establishes a model for how early embryonic epigenetic alterations in imprinted genes persist to later developmental stages, and are associated with aberrant phenotypes. ..
- Shibata H, Yoshino K, Sunahara S, Gondo Y, Katsuki M, Ueda T, et al. Inactive allele-specific methylation and chromatin structure of the imprinted gene U2af1-rs1 on mouse chromosome 11. Genomics. 1996;35:248-52 pubmed....
- Hatada I, Kitagawa K, Yamaoka T, Wang X, Arai Y, Hashido K, et al. Allele-specific methylation and expression of an imprinted U2af1-rs1 (SP2) gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:36-41 pubmedThe mouse U2af1-rs1(SP2) gene, which was cloned by a two-dimensional genome scanning method, is expressed exclusively from the paternally inherited chromosome...
- Tada M, Tada T, Takagi N, Hayashizaki Y, Shibata H, Hirotsune S, et al. Localization of mouse imprinted gene U2af1-rs1 to A3.2-4 band of chromosome 11 by FISH. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:655 pubmed
- Mishra L, Cai T, Yu P, Monga S, Mishra B. Elf3 encodes a novel 200-kD beta-spectrin: role in liver development. Oncogene. 1999;18:353-64 pubmed..The differential expression, tissue localization, and functional studies demonstrate the importance of elf3 in modulating interactions between various components of the cytoskeleton proteins controlling liver and bile duct development. ..
- Sunahara S, Nakamura K, Nakao K, Gondo Y, Nagata Y, Katsuki M. The oocyte-specific methylated region of the U2afbp-rs/U2af1-rs1 gene is dispensable for its imprinted methylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;268:590-5 pubmed..We herein show that parental methylation differences still exist in the CpG island on the region II-deleted allele. These findings suggest that region II is dispensable for the imprinted methylation of the U2afbp-rs gene. ..
- Cole S, Mao M, Johnston S, Vogt T. Identification, expression analysis, and mapping of B3galt6, a putative galactosyl transferase gene with similarity to Drosophila brainiac. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:177-9 pubmed
- Latham K, Rambhatla L, Hayashizaki Y, Chapman V. Stage-specific induction and regulation by genomic imprinting of the mouse U2afbp-rs gene during preimplantation development. Dev Biol. 1995;168:670-6 pubmed..Our data indicate that abundant expression of the U2afbp-rs gene is not essential for early development since gynogenones form blastocysts at a high frequency. ..
- Hayashizaki Y, Hirotsune S, Okazaki Y, Shibata H, Akasako A, Muramatsu M, et al. A genetic linkage map of the mouse using restriction landmark genomic scanning (RLGS). Genetics. 1994;138:1207-38 pubmed..Different combinations of restriction enzymes yield different sets of RLGS loci providing expanded power for genetic mapping. ..
- Shibata H, Hirotsune S, Okazaki Y, Komatsubara H, Muramatsu M, Takagi N, et al. Genetic mapping and systematic screening of mouse endogenously imprinted loci detected with restriction landmark genome scanning method (RLGS). Mamm Genome. 1994;5:797-800 pubmed
- Wood A, Oakey R. Genomic imprinting in mammals: emerging themes and established theories. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e147 pubmed..We focus on a group of small imprinted domains, which consist of paternally expressed genes embedded within introns of multiexonic transcripts, to discuss the evolution of imprinting at these loci. ..
- Wood A, Roberts R, Monk D, Moore G, Schulz R, Oakey R. A screen for retrotransposed imprinted genes reveals an association between X chromosome homology and maternal germ-line methylation. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e20 pubmed..The striking correlation between imprinting and X chromosome provenance suggests that retrotransposed elements with homology to the X chromosome can be selectively targeted for methylation during mammalian oogenesis. ..
- van De Sluis B, Muller P, Duran K, Chen A, Groot A, Klomp L, et al. Increased activity of hypoxia-inducible factor 1 is associated with early embryonic lethality in Commd1 null mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4142-56 pubmed..Thus, this study identifies COMMD1 as a novel regulator of HIF-1 activity and shows that Commd1 deficiency in mice leads to embryonic lethality associated with dysregulated placenta vascularization. ..
- Shibata H, Yoshino K, Muramatsu M, Plass C, Chapman V, Hayashizaki Y. The use of restriction landmark genomic scanning to scan the mouse genome for endogenous loci with imprinted patterns of methylation. Electrophoresis. 1995;16:210-7 pubmed..Irlgs 1 and 3 are B6- and D2-specific loci that had the same strain distribution pattern which mapped to the central region of chromosome 9.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..