Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Zrsr1
Description: zinc finger (CCCH type), RNA binding motif and serine/arginine rich 1
Alias: D11Ncvs75, Irlgs2, SP2, U2af1-rs1, U2afbp-rs, U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein auxiliary factor 35 kDa subunit-related protein 1, CCCH type zinc finger, RNA-binding motif and serine/arginine rich protein 1, U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein auxiliary factor (U2AF) 1, related sequence 1, U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein auxiliary factor (U2AF), 35 kDa, related sequence 1, U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein auxiliary factor (U2AF), related sequence 1, U2(RNU2) small nuclear RNA auxiliary factor 1-like 1
- Genome imprinting regulated by the mouse Polycomb group protein EedJesse Mager
Department of Genetics and Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 103 Mason Farm Road, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7264, USA
Nat Genet 33:502-7. 2003..These data identify Eed as a member of a new class of trans-acting factors that regulate parent-of-origin expression at imprinted loci...
- Identification of an imprinted U2af binding protein related sequence on mouse chromosome 11 using the RLGS methodY Hayashizaki
RIKEN Tsukuba Life Science Center, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Ibaraki, Japan
Nat Genet 6:33-40. 1994..The amino-acid sequence deduced from the cDNA showed significant homology to the U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein auxiliary factor 35 kDa subunit...
- Mouse U2af1-rs1 is a neomorphic imprinted geneA Nabetani
Department of Bioscience, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 17:789-98. 1997..We have proposed the neomorphic origin of the U2af1-rs1 gene by retrotransposition and the particular mechanism of genomic imprinting of ectopic genes...
- The mouse Murr1 gene is imprinted in the adult brain, presumably due to transcriptional interference by the antisense-oriented U2af1-rs1 geneYoudong Wang
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, Saga Medical School, Saga 849 8501, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 24:270-9. 2004....
- Increased activity of hypoxia-inducible factor 1 is associated with early embryonic lethality in Commd1 null miceBart van De Sluis
Laboratory of Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases, Room KC 02 069 1, UMC Utrecht, Lundlaan 6, 3584 EA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Biol 27:4142-56. 2007..Thus, this study identifies COMMD1 as a novel regulator of HIF-1 activity and shows that Commd1 deficiency in mice leads to embryonic lethality associated with dysregulated placenta vascularization...
- Stochastic imprinting in the progeny of Dnmt3L-/- femalesPhilippe Arnaud
Institute of Molecular Genetics, CNRS UMR 5535 and University of Montpellier II, 1919 Route de Mende, 34090 Montpellier, France
Hum Mol Genet 15:589-98. 2006..This observation can provide a basis to understand mechanisms involved in some sporadic cases of imprinting-related diseases and polymorphic imprinting in human...
- Mouse Hus1, a homolog of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe hus1+ cell cycle checkpoint geneR S Weiss
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genomics 59:32-9. 1999..Finally, mouse Hus1 was found to be expressed in a variety of adult tissues and at several stages of embryonic development...
- The oocyte-specific methylated region of the U2afbp-rs/U2af1-rs1 gene is dispensable for its imprinted methylationS Sunahara
Division of DNA Biology and Embryo Engineering, CREST, Center for Experimental Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Tokyo, Minato ku, 108 8639, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 268:590-5. 2000..We herein show that parental methylation differences still exist in the CpG island on the region II-deleted allele. These findings suggest that region II is dispensable for the imprinted methylation of the U2afbp-rs gene...
- Identification, expression analysis, and mapping of B3galt6, a putative galactosyl transferase gene with similarity to Drosophila brainiacS E Cole
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544, USA
Mamm Genome 12:177-9. 2001
- DNA methylation is linked to deacetylation of histone H3, but not H4, on the imprinted genes Snrpn and U2af1-rs1R I Gregory
Programme in Developmental Genetics, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge CB2 4AT, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 21:5426-36. 2001..Collectively, these data are consistent with the hypothesis that CpG methylation leads to deacetylation of histone H3, but not H4, through a process that involves selective binding of MBD proteins...
- Role of protein synthesis in the development of a transcriptionally permissive state in one-cell stage mouse embryosQ Wang
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Biol Reprod 65:748-54. 2001....
- Elf3 encodes a novel 200-kD beta-spectrin: role in liver developmentL Mishra
Laboratory of Developmental Molecular Biology, Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC 20422, USA
Oncogene 18:353-64. 1999..The differential expression, tissue localization, and functional studies demonstrate the importance of elf3 in modulating interactions between various components of the cytoskeleton proteins controlling liver and bile duct development...
- Genomic imprinting in Dicer1-hypomorphic miceM Fukasawa
Biosignal Genome Resource Center, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Gunma University, Maebashi, Japan
Cytogenet Genome Res 113:138-43. 2006..We did not observe any abnormality in the allelic expression of imprinted genes in these mice or their offspring, suggesting that reduced expression of Dicer1 did not significantly affect the maintenance and reprogramming of imprinting...
- Genomic imprinting in mammals: emerging themes and established theoriesAndrew J Wood
Massachusetts General Hospital, United States of America
PLoS Genet 2:e147. 2006..We focus on a group of small imprinted domains, which consist of paternally expressed genes embedded within introns of multiexonic transcripts, to discuss the evolution of imprinting at these loci...
- A screen for retrotransposed imprinted genes reveals an association between X chromosome homology and maternal germ-line methylationAndrew J Wood
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 3:e20. 2007..The striking correlation between imprinting and X chromosome provenance suggests that retrotransposed elements with homology to the X chromosome can be selectively targeted for methylation during mammalian oogenesis...
- G9a histone methyltransferase contributes to imprinting in the mouse placentaAlexandre Wagschal
Institute of Molecular Genetics, CNRS UMR 5535, and University of Montpellier, 1919, route de Mende, 34293 Montpellier, France
Mol Cell Biol 28:1104-13. 2008..These findings provide the first evidence for the involvement of an HMT and suggest that histone methylation contributes to imprinted gene repression in the trophoblast...
- Transcriptome-wide identification of novel imprinted genes in neonatal mouse brainXu Wang
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3839. 2008....
- Stage-specific induction and regulation by genomic imprinting of the mouse U2afbp-rs gene during preimplantation developmentK E Latham
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Dev Biol 168:670-6. 1995..Our data indicate that abundant expression of the U2afbp-rs gene is not essential for early development since gynogenones form blastocysts at a high frequency...
- Association of a redefined proximal mouse chromosome 11 imprinting region and U2afbp-rs/U2af1-rs1 expressionB M Cattanach
MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit, Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK
Cytogenet Cell Genet 80:41-7. 1998....
- Altered imprinted gene methylation and expression in completely ES cell-derived mouse fetuses: association with aberrant phenotypesW Dean
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics Programme, The Babraham Institute, Babraham Hall, Cambridge CB2 4AT, UK
Development 125:2273-82. 1998..Our study establishes a model for how early embryonic epigenetic alterations in imprinted genes persist to later developmental stages, and are associated with aberrant phenotypes...
- Requirement for protein synthesis during embryonic genome activation in miceQ Wang
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 47:265-70. 1997....
- Genetic mapping of 21 genes on mouse chromosome 11 reveals disruptions in linkage conservation with human chromosome 5D E Watkins-Chow
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Genomics 40:114-22. 1997..Comparison of the mouse and human maps with data for other species provides an emerging picture of mammalian chromosome evolution...
- Inactive allele-specific methylation and chromatin structure of the imprinted gene U2af1-rs1 on mouse chromosome 11H Shibata
Genome Science Laboratory, RIKEN Tsukuba Life Science Center, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, 3 1 1 Koyadai, Tsukuba Ibaraki, 305, Japan
Genomics 35:248-52. 1996....
- Chromosomal assignment and imprinting tests for the mouse delta subunit of the cytosolic chaperonin containing TCP-1 (Cct4) gene to proximal chromosome 11A Nabetani
Department of Bioscience, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Suita, 565, Japan
Genomics 34:246-9. 1996....
- A new imprinted gene cloned by a methylation-sensitive genome scanning methodI Hatada
National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Osaka, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 21:5577-82. 1993....
- Comparative mapping of the imprinted U2afbpL gene on mouse chromosome 11 and human chromosome 5I Kalcheva
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffallo, NY 14263
Cytogenet Cell Genet 68:19-24. 1995..The location of the human homologue has been determined using both somatic cell hybrid genetic analysis and fluorescence in situ hybridization. These analyses have mapped the human locus U2AFBPL to human chromosome 5q23-->q31...
- A genetic linkage map of the mouse using restriction landmark genomic scanning (RLGS)Y Hayashizaki
Gene Bank, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Ibaraki, Japan
Genetics 138:1207-38. 1994..Different combinations of restriction enzymes yield different sets of RLGS loci providing expanded power for genetic mapping...
- Genetic mapping and systematic screening of mouse endogenously imprinted loci detected with restriction landmark genome scanning method (RLGS)H Shibata
Gene Bank, RIKEN Tsukuba Life Science Center, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Ibaraki, Japan
Mamm Genome 5:797-800. 1994
- Allele-specific methylation and expression of an imprinted U2af1-rs1 (SP2) geneI Hatada
National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Osaka, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 23:36-41. 1995The mouse U2af1-rs1(SP2) gene, which was cloned by a two-dimensional genome scanning method, is expressed exclusively from the paternally inherited chromosome...
- Localization of mouse imprinted gene U2af1-rs1 to A3.2-4 band of chromosome 11 by FISHM Tada
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Environmental Earth Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Mamm Genome 5:655. 1994
- The use of restriction landmark genomic scanning to scan the mouse genome for endogenous loci with imprinted patterns of methylationH Shibata
RIKEN Tsukuba Life Science Center, Ibaraki, Japan
Electrophoresis 16:210-7. 1995..Irlgs 1 and 3 are B6- and D2-specific loci that had the same strain distribution pattern which mapped to the central region of chromosome 9.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Microarray expression profiling of tissues from mice with uniparental duplications of chromosomes 7 and 11 to identify imprinted genesJ D Choi
Division of Human Genetics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mamm Genome 12:758-64. 2001..Interpretation of the microarray data requires careful preparation of age- and strain-matched samples and attention to detail in tissue dissection technique...