Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Me1
Description: malic enzyme 1, NADP(+)-dependent, cytosolic
Alias: D9Ertd267e, Mdh-1, Mod-1, Mod1, NADP-dependent malic enzyme, NADP-ME, malic enzyme, supernatant
- Hoatlin M, Kozak S, Lilly F, Chakraborti A, Kozak C, Kabat D. Activation of erythropoietin receptors by Friend viral gp55 and by erythropoietin and down-modulation by the murine Fv-2r resistance gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:9985-9 pubmed..These results have important implications for understanding signal transduction by EpoR and the role of host genetic variation in controlling susceptibility to an oncogenic protein...
- Sul H, Wise L, Brown M, Rubin C. Cloning of cDNA sequences for murine malic enzyme and the identification of aberrantly large malic enzyme mRNA in MOD-1 null mice. J Biol Chem. 1984;259:555-9 pubmed
- Jiang P, Du W, Mancuso A, Wellen K, Yang X. Reciprocal regulation of p53 and malic enzymes modulates metabolism and senescence. Nature. 2013;493:689-93 pubmed publisher..We show that p53 represses the expression of the tricarboxylic-acid-cycle-associated malic enzymes ME1 and ME2 in human and mouse cells...
- Al Dwairi A, Pabona J, Simmen R, Simmen F. Cytosolic malic enzyme 1 (ME1) mediates high fat diet-induced adiposity, endocrine profile, and gastrointestinal tract proliferation-associated biomarkers in male mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46716 pubmed publisherObesity and associated hormonal disturbances are risk factors for colon cancer. Cytosolic Malic Enzyme (ME1) generates NADPH used for lipogenesis in gastrointestinal (GI), liver and adipose tissues...
- Heart E, Cline G, Collis L, Pongratz R, Gray J, Smith P. Role for malic enzyme, pyruvate carboxylation, and mitochondrial malate import in glucose-stimulated insulin secretion. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;296:E1354-62 pubmed publisher..export from the mitochondria and NADP(+)-dependent decarboxylation of malate to pyruvate by cytosolic malic enzyme (ME1)...
- Yang X, Deignan J, Qi H, Zhu J, Qian S, Zhong J, et al. Validation of candidate causal genes for obesity that affect shared metabolic pathways and networks. Nat Genet. 2009;41:415-23 pubmed publisher..Perturbation of eight out of the nine genes, with Gas7, Me1 and Gpx3 being newly confirmed, resulted in significant changes in obesity-related traits...
- Brown M, Wise L, Rubin C. The molecular basis for a cytosolic malic enzyme null mutation. Malic enzyme mRNA from MOD-1 null mice contains an internal in-frame duplication that extends the coding sequence by 522 nucleotides. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:4494-9 pubmed..The MOD-1 null mutation might originate from an unequal crossover between homologous regions of two different introns in the malic enzyme gene, thereby causing the duplication of one or more exons. ..
- Peters J, Nash H, Eicher E, Bulfield G. Polymorphism of kidney pyruvate kinase in the mouse is determined by a gene, Pk-3, on chromosome 9. Biochem Genet. 1981;19:757-69 pubmed..In addition, our results indicate that the muscle (M1) and kidney (M2) pyruvate kinase isozymes share at least one genetic determinant and may in fact be determined by the same structural gene. ..
- Lusis A, Taylor B, Wangenstein R, LeBoeuf R. Genetic control of lipid transport in mice. II. Genes controlling structure of high density lipoproteins. J Biol Chem. 1983;258:5071-8 pubmed..Thus, the mouse provides a useful model system for examining the genetic control of mammalian HDL structure and regulation. ..
- Nass S, Olowson M, Miyashita N, Moriwaki K, Balling R, Imai K. Mapping of the Mod-1 locus on mouse chromosome 9. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:333-7 pubmed..6 +/- 0.6 cm. ..
- Li B, Baba T, Miyabayashi K, Sato T, Shima Y, Ichinose T, et al. Role of Ad4-binding protein/steroidogenic factor 1 in regulating NADPH production in adrenocortical Y-1 cells. Endocr J. 2017;64:315-324 pubmed publisher..mRNA-seq) and ChIP-seq strongly suggested a possibility that other NADPH-producing genes, such as malic enzyme 1 (Me1) and methylenetetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase 2 (Mthfd2), are the direct targets of Ad4BP/SF-1...
- Loeber G, Dworkin M, Infante A, Ahorn H. Characterization of cytosolic malic enzyme in human tumor cells. FEBS Lett. 1994;344:181-6 pubmed..Thus, NADP(+)-ME found in tumor cells does not constitute a tumor-specific isoform as suggested by other studies but is identical to the 'housekeeping protein' predominantly expressed in human liver and white adipose tissue. ..
- Shibata H, Yoshino K, Muramatsu M, Plass C, Chapman V, Hayashizaki Y. The use of restriction landmark genomic scanning to scan the mouse genome for endogenous loci with imprinted patterns of methylation. Electrophoresis. 1995;16:210-7 pubmed..Irlgs 1 and 3 are B6- and D2-specific loci that had the same strain distribution pattern which mapped to the central region of chromosome 9.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- O Brien S, Nash W. Genetic mapping in mammals: chromosome map of domestic cat. Science. 1982;216:257-65 pubmed..Many of these same linkage groups have not been conserved in the murine genome. The genetic and evolutionary implications of comparative mapping analysis among mammalian species are discussed. ..
- Bonhomme F, Benmehdi F, Britton Davidian J, Martin S. [Genetic analysis of interspecific crosses Mus musculus L. x Mus spretus Lataste: linkage of Adh-1 with Amy-1 on chromosome 3 and Es-14 with Mod-1 on chromosome 9]. C R Seances Acad Sci D. 1979;289:545-8 pubmed..Linkage of ES-14 with Mod-1 on chromosome 9 and that of Adh-1 with Amy-1 on chromosome 3 are shown. The following order centromere/Car-2/Amy-1 is tentatively proposed for these loci on chromosome 3. ..
- Amiguet P, D EUSTACHIO P, Kristensen T, Wetsel R, Saris C, Hunter T, et al. Structure and chromosome assignment of the murine p36 (calpactin I heavy chain) gene. Biochemistry. 1990;29:1226-32 pubmed..The p36 gene is at least 22 kb in length and has a coding sequence of approximately 1 kb, representing only 4.5% of the gene.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Al Dwairi A, Brown A, Pabona J, Van T, Hamdan H, Mercado C, et al. Enhanced gastrointestinal expression of cytosolic malic enzyme (ME1) induces intestinal and liver lipogenic gene expression and intestinal cell proliferation in mice. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e113058 pubmed publisherThe small intestine participates in lipid digestion, metabolism and transport. Cytosolic malic enzyme 1 (ME1) is an enzyme that generates NADPH used in fatty acid and cholesterol biosynthesis...
- Schleef M, Werner K, Satzger U, Kaupmann K, Jockusch H. Chromosomal localization and genomic cloning of the mouse alpha-tropomyosin gene Tpm-1. Genomics. 1993;17:519-21 pubmed..5-kb of Tpm-1. The same restriction patterns were observed, proving the identity of the mapped and the cloned gene. The identity was supported by sequencing the 3' end of the gene. ..
- Hutton J, Roderick T. Linkage analyses using biochemical variants in mice. 3. Linkage relationships of eleven biochemical markers. Biochem Genet. 1970;4:339-50 pubmed
- Potter M, Pumphrey J, Bailey D. Genetics of susceptibility to plasmacytoma induction. I. BALB/cAnN (C), C57BL/6N (B6), C57BL/Ka (BK), (C times B6)F1, (C times BK)F1, and C times B recombinant-inbred strains. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1975;54:1413-7 pubmed..The distribution pattern of susceptibility and resistance in the C times B Rl strains suggested the presence of a resistance gene on chromosome 9, linkage group II. ..
- Tutois S, Salaun J, Mattei M, Guenet J. Tg (9 HSA-MYC), a homozygous lethal insertion in the mouse. Mamm Genome. 1991;1:184-90 pubmed..The 3' flanking sequence has been cloned and analyzed. It contains a unique sequence that has been conserved during evolution and maps to Chromosome (Chr) 9. This mutant has been designated Tg 9 (HSA-MYC). ..
- Johnson F, Chasalow F, Anderson G, Macdougal P, Hendren R, Lewis S. A variation in mouse kidney pyruvate kinase activity determined by a mutant gene on chromosome 9. Genet Res. 1981;37:123-31 pubmed
- Jenuth J, Fung E, Snyder F. Assignment of a gene that determines erythrocytic guanosine-5'-triphosphate concentration (Gtpc) to mouse chromosome 9. Genome. 1994;37:399-404 pubmed..A test for linkage of Gtpc to transferrin (Trf) on chromosome 9 gave evidence of linkage with an observed recombination frequency of 14.6 +/- 5.5 and a 99% confidence interval of 3.9-33.9 cM. ..
- Krog H, Wysocka M, Kisielow P, Radzikowski C. Genetic characterization of important mouse strains used in cancer research. Hereditas. 1977;87:201-4 pubmed
- Shows T, Chapman V, Ruddle F. Mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase and malic enzyme: Mendelian inherited electrophoretic variants in the mouse. Biochem Genet. 1970;4:707-18 pubmed
- Pearsall R, Imai K, Shibata H, Hayashizaki Y, Chapman V, Held W, et al. The Rasgrf1-repeat sequence (D9Ncvs53) maps between Mod1 and Rbp1 on mouse chromosome 9 and may define a putative imprinted region. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:261-2 pubmed
- Kozak C, Rowe W. Genetic mapping of ecotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing loci in six inbred strains. J Exp Med. 1982;155:524-34 pubmed..These studies provide further evidence that endogenous ecotropic V loci are present at different chromosomal sites in unrelated mouse strains and emphasize the role of germ line reinfections in the generation of this diversity. ..
- Xu J, Han J, Long Y, Lock J, Weir G, Epstein P, et al. Malic enzyme is present in mouse islets and modulates insulin secretion. Diabetologia. 2008;51:2281-9 pubmed publisher..Me siRNA inhibited ME activity and reduced glucose-stimulated insulin secretion and also inhibited NADPH products. Mouse islets contain ME, which plays a significant role in regulating insulin secretion. ..
- Eicher E, Taylor B, Leighton S, Womack J. A serum protein polymorphism determinant on chromosome 9 of Mus musculus. Mol Gen Genet. 1980;177:571-6 pubmed..Because the genotype of SEP-1 can be determined for individual mice without killing them, Sep-1 is a very useful gene in linkage studies and experimental biology. ..
- Douglas T, Dawson P. Location of the gene for theta antigen in the mouse. III. The position of Thy-1 relative to Lap-1 and Mpi-1. J Hered. 1979;70:250-4 pubmed..The overall map for this portion of chromosome 9 as determined by these crosses is: Lap-1--5--Thy-1--7--Mpi-1--14--Mod-1. ..
- Ronnebaum S, Jensen M, Hohmeier H, Burgess S, Zhou Y, Qian S, et al. Silencing of cytosolic or mitochondrial isoforms of malic enzyme has no effect on glucose-stimulated insulin secretion from rodent islets. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28909-17 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, islets isolated from MEc-null MOD1(-/-) mice exhibit normal glucose- and potassium-stimulated insulin secretion...
- Satoh H, Yoshida M. Gene mapping in the Chinese hamster and conservation of syntenic groups and Q-band homologies between Chinese hamster and mouse chromosomes. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1985;39:285-91 pubmed..The locations of the following loci were confirmed: ESD, NP, and PEPB on chromosome 1, ME1 and MPI on chromosome 4, AK1 on chromosome 6, and GPI and PEPD on chromosome 9...
- Francke U, Lalley P, Moss W, Ivy J, Minna J. Gene mapping in Mus musculus by interspecific cell hybridization: assignment of the genes for tripeptidase-1 to chromosome 10, dipeptidase-2 to chromosome 18, acid phosphatase-1 to chromosome 12, and adenylate kinase-1 to chromosome 2. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1977;19:57-84 pubmed..Striking examples of norandom segregation of mouse chromosomes were observed in these hybrids with preferential retention of 15 and segregation of 11 and the Y chromosome. ..
- Youngblood G, Nesbitt M, Payne A. The structural genes encoding P450scc and P450arom are closely linked on mouse chromosome 9. Endocrinology. 1989;125:2784-6 pubmed..The information presented in this report, along with other studies, indicate conservation between homologous human and mouse chromosomal regions and suggest that human P450SCC will be found to be closely linked with human P450arom. ..
- Persons D, Paulson R, Loyd M, Herley M, Bodner S, Bernstein A, et al. Fv2 encodes a truncated form of the Stk receptor tyrosine kinase. Nat Genet. 1999;23:159-65 pubmed..We conclude that the Fv2 locus encodes Ron, and that a naturally expressed, truncated form of Stk confers susceptibility to Friend virus-induced erythroleukaemia...
- Paigen K, Meisler M, Felton J, Chapman V. Genetic determination of the beta-galactosidase developmental program in mouse liver. Cell. 1976;9:533-9 pubmed..The existence of a genetic variant with these properties is evidence that programmatic information capable of regulating the temporal expression of a structural gene can be encoded in DNA. ..
- Friedman J, Schneider B, Barton D, Francke U. Level of expression and chromosome mapping of the mouse cholecystokinin gene: implications for murine models of genetic obesity. Genomics. 1989;5:463-9 pubmed
- Varki A, Kornfeld S. An autosomal dominant gene regulates the extent of 9-O-acetylation of murine erythrocyte sialic acids. A probable explanation for the variation in capacity to activate the human alternate complement pathway. J Exp Med. 1980;152:532-44 pubmed..By using recombinant inbred strains, we determined that this genetic locus is probably located on chromosome 9. The nature of the gene product remains unknown. ..
- Cobb R, Rinchik E, Barnett L, Burkhart J, Lewis S. A malic enzyme probe detects cross-hybridizing sequences closely linked to loci encoding other metabolic enzymes. Genomics. 1992;12:405-8 pubmed..The data presented imply that Mod-1 homologous sequences are tightly linked to three different metabolic enzymes. ..
- Russell J, Dobos C, Graff R, Taylor B. Genetic control of cross-reactive cytotoxic T-lymphocyte responses to a BALB/c tumor. Immunogenetics. 1981;14:263-72 pubmed..The gene responsible is closely linked to the dilute coat color locus on chromosome 9. In contrast, the cross-reactive response to the DBA/2 tumor L5178Y by DBA/2 anti-MOPC-167 CTL appears to be controlled by two or more genes. ..
- Simon Chazottes D, Cloez Tayarani I, Fillion M, Guenet J, Fillion G. The serotonin 5-HT1B receptor subtype (Htr1b) gene maps to mouse chromosome 9. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:397-8 pubmed
- Kelman Z, Simon Chazottes D, Guenet J, Yarden Y. The murine vik gene (chromosome 9) encodes a putative receptor with unique protein kinase motifs. Oncogene. 1993;8:37-44 pubmed..The unique structural landmarks of vik at both the extracellular and the cytoplasmic domains suggest novel ligand as well as substrate specificity of the presumed receptor. ..
- Womack J, Lynes M, Taylor B. Genetic variation of an intestinal leucine arylaminopeptidase (Lap-1) in the mouse and its location on chromosome 9. Biochem Genet. 1975;13:511-8 pubmed..The Lap-1 to d map distance was estimated to be 21.3 +/- 4.6 cM from backcross data and 8.1 +/- 4.8 cM from recombinant inbred lines. ..
- Tukey R, Lalley P, Nebert D. Localization of cytochrome P1-450 and P3-450 genes to mouse chromosome 9. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1984;81:3163-6 pubmed..Chromosome segregation analysis of 12 hybrid clones demonstrated that the structural genes for both P1-450 and P3-450 can be assigned to mouse chromosome 9. ..
- Kasahara M, Matsumura E, Webb G, Board P, Figueroa F, Klein J. Mapping of class alpha glutathione S-transferase 2 (GST-2) genes to the vicinity of the d locus on mouse chromosome 9. Genomics. 1990;8:90-6 pubmed..The fact that the syntenic group extends across the centromere of human chromosome 6 can best be explained by a pericentric inversion postulated to have taken place in the primate lineage leading to Catarhini. ..
- Bonhomme F, Guenet J, Catalan J. [Presence of a male sterility factor, Hst-2, segregating in interspecies crosses. M. musculus L. x M. spretus Lastaste and linked to Mod-1, and Mpi-1 on chromosome 9]. C R Seances Acad Sci III. 1982;294:691-3 pubmed..The sterility depends on several independant genetic factors. Using a linkage analysis carried out with biochemical markers, we have been able to localize one of these designated Hst-2, close to Mod-1 on chromosome 9. ..
- Peters J, Andrews S. The Pk-3 gene determines both the heart, M1, and the kidney, M2, pyruvate kinase isozymes in the mouse; and a simple electrophoretic method for separating phosphoglucomutase-3. Biochem Genet. 1984;22:1047-63 pubmed..We also report a simple method for separating phosphoglucomutase-3 (PGM-3) by electrophoresis on cellulose acetate plates. ..
- Douglas T, Meo T, Skarvall H. Location of the gene for theta antigen in the mouse. II. Three-point crosses place Thy-1 in proximal region of chromosome 9. J Hered. 1978;69:224-8 pubmed..These recombination data are discussed in relation to previous multiple-point recombination studies of chromosome 9. ..
- Abbott B, Wood C, Watkins A, Tatum Gibbs K, Das K, Lau C. Effects of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) on expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPAR) and nuclear receptor-regulated genes in fetal and postnatal CD-1 mouse tissues. Reprod Toxicol. 2012;33:491-505 pubmed publisher..The metabolic disruption produced by PFOA may contribute to poor postnatal survival and persistent weight deficits of CD-1 mouse neonates. ..
- Prochazka M, Serreze D, Worthen S, Leiter E. Genetic control of diabetogenesis in NOD/Lt mice. Development and analysis of congenic stocks. Diabetes. 1989;38:1446-55 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Acton R, Blankenhorn E, Douglas T, Owen R, Hilgers J, Hoffman H, et al. Variations among sublines of inbred AKR mice. Nat New Biol. 1973;245:8-10 pubmed
- Prochazka M, Leiter E, Serreze D, Coleman D. Three recessive loci required for insulin-dependent diabetes in nonobese diabetic mice. Science. 1987;237:286-9 pubmed
- Lalley P, Francke U, Minna J. The genes coding for pyruvate kinase (M2) and mannosephosphate isomerase are linked in man and mouse. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1978;22:581-4 pubmed
- Naylor S, Elliott R, Brown J, Shows T. Mapping of aminoacylase-1 and beta-galactosidase-A to homologous regions of human chromosome 3 and mouse chromosome 9 suggests location of additional genes. Am J Hum Genet. 1982;34:235-44 pubmed..Since the mouse transferrin gene (Trf) is closely linked to the aminoacylase and beta-galactosidase loci, we predict that the human transferrin (TF) gene is on chromosome 3. ..
- D EUSTACHIO P, Davisson M. Resolution of the staggerer (sg) mutation from the neural cell adhesion molecule locus (Ncam) on mouse chromosome 9. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:278-80 pubmed
- Shibata H, Hirotsune S, Okazaki Y, Komatsubara H, Muramatsu M, Takagi N, et al. Genetic mapping and systematic screening of mouse endogenously imprinted loci detected with restriction landmark genome scanning method (RLGS). Mamm Genome. 1994;5:797-800 pubmed
- Nadeau J. A chromosomal segment conserved since divergence of lineages leading to man and mouse: the gene order of aminoacylase-1, transferrin, and beta-galactosidase on mouse chromosome 9. Genet Res. 1986;48:175-8 pubmed
- Bagchi S, Wise L, Brown M, Sul H, Bregman D, Rubin C. Regulation and structure of murine malic enzyme mRNA. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1986;478:77-92 pubmed
- Johnson F, Chasalow F, Lewis S, Barnett L, Lee C. A null allele at the Mod-1 locus of the mouse. J Hered. 1981;72:134-6 pubmed
- Wolf U, Engel W. Gene activation during early development of mammals. Humangenetik. 1972;15:99-118 pubmed
- Antonucci T, Chapman V, Meisler M. Linkage of the structural gene for uroporphyrinogen I synthase to markers on mouse chromosome 9 in a cross between feral and inbred mice. Biochem Genet. 1982;20:703-10 pubmed..Feral mice collected at Skive, Denmark, have been characterized at several biochemical loci; multiple differences from inbred strains make this a useful stock for linkage analysis. ..
- Innes B, Dorin J. Submucosal gland distribution in the mouse has a genetic determination localized on chromosome 9. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:124-8 pubmed..The genome scan confirmed the locus on Chr 9 (between genetic markers D9Mit11 and D9Mit182), designated Smgdl, as significantly linked to the SMG distribution phenotype (peak LOD score 5.8) within a 95% confidence interval of 12 cM. ..
- Otto J, von Deimling O. Esterase-17 (ES-17): characterization and genetic location on chromosome 9 of a bis-p-nitrophenyl phosphate-resistant esterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus). Biochem Genet. 1983;21:37-48 pubmed..1.1.6). ES-17 was shown to be controlled by the structural locus Es-17, located on chromosome 9. From test-cross data, a gene order of Es-17-8.7 +/- 2.5 map units-Mpi-1-10.2 +/- 2.7 map units-Mod-1 was established. ..
- Elliott R. Use of two-dimensional electrophoresis to identify and map new mouse genes. Genetics. 1979;91:295-308 pubmed..These eight genes will be useful reference markers in future crosses designed to map new genes. ..
- Womack J, Taylor B, Barton J. Esterase 13, a new mouse esterase locus with recessive expression and its genetic location on chromosome 9. Biochem Genet. 1978;16:1107-12 pubmed..Es-13 was mapped on Chr 9 by recombinant inbred lines and by conventional backcrossing experiments. Backcross data produced the following gene order and map distances: Lap-1 (31.6 +/- 7.5 cM) Es-13 (2.6 +/- 2.6 cM) Mod-1. ..
- Guenet J, Simon Chazottes D, Ringwald M, Kemler R. The genes coding for alpha and beta catenin (Catna1 and Catnb) and plakoglobin (Jup) map to mouse chromosomes 18, 9, and 11, respectively. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:363-6 pubmed
- Dizik M, Elliott R, Lilly F. Construction of a D2.B6-Fv-2r congenic mouse strain: nonlethality of the homozygous Fv-2' genotype. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1981;66:755-60 pubmed..B6-Fv-2r genome, as shown by the continued presence of C57BL/6 alleles at the flanking Kfo-1 and Bgl-s loci. The observed recombination frequency for the intervals between Fv-2 and Bgl-s was 6.8%. ..
- Eppig J, Eicher E. Application of the ovarian teratoma mapping method in the mouse. Genetics. 1983;103:797-812 pubmed
- Roderick T, Ruddle F, Chapman V, Shows T. Biochemical polymorphisms in feral and inbred mice (mus musculus). Biochem Genet. 1971;5:457-66 pubmed
- Kozak C, Nichols E, Ruddle F. Gene linkage analysis in the mouse by somatic cell hybridization: assignment of adenine phosphoribosyltransferase to chromosome 8 and alpha-galactosidase to the X chromosome. Somatic Cell Genet. 1975;1:371-82 pubmed..All other isozymes examined segregated independently of one another. ..
- Ramagli L, Womack J, Rodriguez L. Genetic analysis of nonhistone chromosomal protein inheritance in recombinant inbred mouse strains using two-dimensional electrophoresis. Biochem Genet. 1990;28:123-36 pubmed..These 16 NHCP genetic marker inheritance differences detected in RIs add to the 23 previously established genetic marker differences between the progenitors. ..
- Kobayashi E, Tachibana M, Ikadai H, Imamichi T, Kunieda T. Linkage among esterase-6 (Es-6), neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM), and apolipoprotein C-III (apoc-3) genes on rat chromosome 8. Mamm Genome. 1992;3:656-8 pubmed
- Potter T, Hogarth P, McKenzie I. Ly-15: a new murine lymphocyte alloantigenic locus. Transplantation. 1981;31:339-42 pubmed..1. A monoclonal antibody to the Ly-15.2 specificity is also described. The Ly-15 specificities were found on thymus, on lymph node and spleen cells, and on liver, but were absent from kidney, brain, and red blood cells. ..
- Itakura K, Hutton J, Boyse E, Old L. Genetic linkage relationships of loci specifying differentiation alloantigens in the mouse. Transplantation. 1972;13:239-43 pubmed
- Nichols E, Chapman V, Ruddle F. Polymorphism and linkage for mannosephosphate isomerase in Mus musculus. Biochem Genet. 1973;8:47-53 pubmed
- Blankenhorn E, Douglas T. Location of the gene for Theta antigen in the mouse. J Hered. 1972;63:259-63 pubmed
- Bagchi S, Wise L, Brown M, Bregman D, Sul H, Rubin C. Structure and expression of murine malic enzyme mRNA. Differentiation-dependent accumulation of two forms of malic enzyme mRNA in 3T3-L1 cells. J Biol Chem. 1987;262:1558-65 pubmed..In contrast, mRNA coding for a third enzyme required for lipogenesis, glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, is not detected in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes, but rapidly accumulates during adipocyte development. ..
- Chakrabarti G. Mutant KRAS associated malic enzyme 1 expression is a predictive marker for radiation therapy response in non-small cell lung cancer. Radiat Oncol. 2015;10:145 pubmed publisher..and maintain tumor redox balance through transamination reactions that generate cytosolic NADPH via malic enzyme 1 (ME1), which may contribute to radioresistance...