Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Me1
Description: malic enzyme 1, NADP(+)-dependent, cytosolic
Alias: D9Ertd267e, Mdh-1, Mod-1, Mod1, NADP-dependent malic enzyme, NADP-ME, malic enzyme, supernatant
- Activation of erythropoietin receptors by Friend viral gp55 and by erythropoietin and down-modulation by the murine Fv-2r resistance geneM E Hoatlin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201 3098
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:9985-9. 1990..These results have important implications for understanding signal transduction by EpoR and the role of host genetic variation in controlling susceptibility to an oncogenic protein...
- Cloning of cDNA sequences for murine malic enzyme and the identification of aberrantly large malic enzyme mRNA in MOD-1 null miceH S Sul
J Biol Chem 259:555-9. 1984....
- Reciprocal regulation of p53 and malic enzymes modulates metabolism and senescencePeng Jiang
Department of Cancer Biology and Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nature 493:689-93. 2013..We show that p53 represses the expression of the tricarboxylic-acid-cycle-associated malic enzymes ME1 and ME2 in human and mouse cells...
- Cytosolic malic enzyme 1 (ME1) mediates high fat diet-induced adiposity, endocrine profile, and gastrointestinal tract proliferation-associated biomarkers in male miceAhmed Al-Dwairi
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e46716. 2012Obesity and associated hormonal disturbances are risk factors for colon cancer. Cytosolic Malic Enzyme (ME1) generates NADPH used for lipogenesis in gastrointestinal (GI), liver and adipose tissues...
- The molecular basis for a cytosolic malic enzyme null mutation. Malic enzyme mRNA from MOD-1 null mice contains an internal in-frame duplication that extends the coding sequence by 522 nucleotidesM L Brown
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Atran Laboratories, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461
J Biol Chem 263:4494-9. 1988..The MOD-1 null mutation might originate from an unequal crossover between homologous regions of two different introns in the malic enzyme gene, thereby causing the duplication of one or more exons...
- Role for malic enzyme, pyruvate carboxylation, and mitochondrial malate import in glucose-stimulated insulin secretionEmma Heart
BioCurrents Research Center, Marine Biological Laboratory, 7 MBL St, Lillie 219, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E1354-62. 2009..export from the mitochondria and NADP(+)-dependent decarboxylation of malate to pyruvate by cytosolic malic enzyme (ME1)...
- Validation of candidate causal genes for obesity that affect shared metabolic pathways and networksXia Yang
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Nat Genet 41:415-23. 2009..Perturbation of eight out of the nine genes, with Gas7, Me1 and Gpx3 being newly confirmed, resulted in significant changes in obesity-related traits...
- Mapping of class alpha glutathione S-transferase 2 (GST-2) genes to the vicinity of the d locus on mouse chromosome 9M Kasahara
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida 33101
Genomics 8:90-6. 1990..The fact that the syntenic group extends across the centromere of human chromosome 6 can best be explained by a pericentric inversion postulated to have taken place in the primate lineage leading to Catarhini...
- Malic enzyme tracers reveal hypoxia-induced switch in adipocyte NADPH pathway usageLing Liu
Lewis Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Nat Chem Biol 12:345-52. 2016..The associated metabolic cycle is disrupted by hypoxia, which switches the main adipocyte NADPH source to the oxPPP. Thus, (2)H-labeled tracers enable dissection of NADPH production routes across cell types and environmental conditions. ..
- Resolution of the staggerer (sg) mutation from the neural cell adhesion molecule locus (Ncam) on mouse chromosome 9P D'Eustachio
Department of Biochemistry, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016
Mamm Genome 4:278-80. 1993
- Chromosomal localization of the mouse genes coding for alpha 2, alpha 3, alpha 4 and beta 2 subunits of neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptorA Bessis
UA CNRS D1284, Departement des Biotechnologies, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
FEBS Lett 264:48-52. 1990..14, 9 and 3 respectively. Moreover, the alpha 4 subunit gene is located on chromosome 2 but is not genetically linked to the alpha 1 subunit gene...
- Chromosomal localization and genomic cloning of the mouse alpha-tropomyosin gene Tpm-1M Schleef
Developmental Biology Unit, University of Bielefeld, Federal Republic of Germany
Genomics 17:519-21. 1993..5-kb of Tpm-1. The same restriction patterns were observed, proving the identity of the mapped and the cloned gene. The identity was supported by sequencing the 3' end of the gene...
- The serotonin 5-HT1B receptor subtype (Htr1b) gene maps to mouse chromosome 9D Simon-Chazottes
Unite de Genetique des Mammiferes, URA 361, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mamm Genome 4:397-8. 1993
- Linkage of the structural gene for uroporphyrinogen I synthase to markers on mouse chromosome 9 in a cross between feral and inbred miceT K Antonucci
Biochem Genet 20:703-10. 1982..Feral mice collected at Skive, Denmark, have been characterized at several biochemical loci; multiple differences from inbred strains make this a useful stock for linkage analysis...
- Three recessive loci required for insulin-dependent diabetes in nonobese diabetic miceM Prochazka
Science 237:286-9. 1987....
- Mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase and malic enzyme: Mendelian inherited electrophoretic variants in the mouseT B Shows
Biochem Genet 4:707-18. 1970
- Gene mapping in the Chinese hamster and conservation of syntenic groups and Q-band homologies between Chinese hamster and mouse chromosomesH Satoh
Cytogenet Cell Genet 39:285-91. 1985..The locations of the following loci were confirmed: ESD, NP, and PEPB on chromosome 1, ME1 and MPI on chromosome 4, AK1 on chromosome 6, and GPI and PEPD on chromosome 9...
- Genetic linkage relationships of loci specifying differentiation alloantigens in the mouseK Itakura
Transplantation 13:239-43. 1972
- The use of restriction landmark genomic scanning to scan the mouse genome for endogenous loci with imprinted patterns of methylationH Shibata
RIKEN Tsukuba Life Science Center, Ibaraki, Japan
Electrophoresis 16:210-7. 1995..Irlgs 1 and 3 are B6- and D2-specific loci that had the same strain distribution pattern which mapped to the central region of chromosome 9.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Genetic characterization of important mouse strains used in cancer researchH H Krog
Hereditas 87:201-4. 1977
- Tg (9 HSA-MYC), a homozygous lethal insertion in the mouseS Tutois
Unite de Genetique des Mammiferes, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mamm Genome 1:184-90. 1991..The 3' flanking sequence has been cloned and analyzed. It contains a unique sequence that has been conserved during evolution and maps to Chromosome (Chr) 9. This mutant has been designated Tg 9 (HSA-MYC)...
- Mutant KRAS associated malic enzyme 1 expression is a predictive marker for radiation therapy response in non-small cell lung cancerGaurab Chakrabarti
Departments of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX, 75390, USA
Radiat Oncol 10:145. 2015..that mutant KRAS can regulate glutamine metabolism genes in NSCLC and maintain tumor redox balance through transamination reactions that generate cytosolic NADPH via malic enzyme 1 (ME1), which may contribute to radioresistance.
- Ly-15: a new murine lymphocyte alloantigenic locusT A Potter
Transplantation 31:339-42. 1981..1. A monoclonal antibody to the Ly-15.2 specificity is also described. The Ly-15 specificities were found on thymus, on lymph node and spleen cells, and on liver, but were absent from kidney, brain, and red blood cells...
- Silencing of cytosolic or mitochondrial isoforms of malic enzyme has no effect on glucose-stimulated insulin secretion from rodent isletsSarah M Ronnebaum
Sarah W Stedman Nutrition and Metabolism Center, Duke University, Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27704, USA
J Biol Chem 283:28909-17. 2008..Furthermore, islets isolated from MEc-null MOD1(-/-) mice exhibit normal glucose- and potassium-stimulated insulin secretion...
- Genetic variation of an intestinal leucine arylaminopeptidase (Lap-1) in the mouse and its location on chromosome 9J E Womack
Biochem Genet 13:511-8. 1975..The Lap-1 to d map distance was estimated to be 21.3 +/- 4.6 cM from backcross data and 8.1 +/- 4.8 cM from recombinant inbred lines...
- Enhanced gastrointestinal expression of cytosolic malic enzyme (ME1) induces intestinal and liver lipogenic gene expression and intestinal cell proliferation in miceAhmed Al-Dwairi
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e113058. 2014The small intestine participates in lipid digestion, metabolism and transport. Cytosolic malic enzyme 1 (ME1) is an enzyme that generates NADPH used in fatty acid and cholesterol biosynthesis...
- Effects of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) on expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPAR) and nuclear receptor-regulated genes in fetal and postnatal CD-1 mouse tissuesBarbara D Abbott
Developmental Toxicology Branch, Toxicity Assessment Division MD 67, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Office of Research and Development, US Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, United States
Reprod Toxicol 33:491-505. 2012..The metabolic disruption produced by PFOA may contribute to poor postnatal survival and persistent weight deficits of CD-1 mouse neonates...
- Polymorphism of kidney pyruvate kinase in the mouse is determined by a gene, Pk-3, on chromosome 9J Peters
Biochem Genet 19:757-69. 1981..In addition, our results indicate that the muscle (M1) and kidney (M2) pyruvate kinase isozymes share at least one genetic determinant and may in fact be determined by the same structural gene...
- Conserved linkage within a 4-cM region of mouse chromosome 9 and human chromosome 11T K Antonucci
Genetics 107:463-75. 1984..Evidence is presented for the homology of this chromosome region with the ESA4 - UPS - APO-AI region on the long arm of human chromosome 11...
- A null allele at the Mod-1 locus of the mouseF M Johnson
J Hered 72:134-6. 1981
- A variation in mouse kidney pyruvate kinase activity determined by a mutant gene on chromosome 9F M Johnson
Genet Res 37:123-31. 1981
- Localization of cytochrome P1-450 and P3-450 genes to mouse chromosome 9R H Tukey
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 81:3163-6. 1984..Chromosome segregation analysis of 12 hybrid clones demonstrated that the structural genes for both P1-450 and P3-450 can be assigned to mouse chromosome 9...
- Application of the ovarian teratoma mapping method in the mouseJ T Eppig
Genetics 103:797-812. 1983....
- Genetic control of cross-reactive cytotoxic T-lymphocyte responses to a BALB/c tumorJ H Russell
Immunogenetics 14:263-72. 1981..The gene responsible is closely linked to the dilute coat color locus on chromosome 9. In contrast, the cross-reactive response to the DBA/2 tumor L5178Y by DBA/2 anti-MOPC-167 CTL appears to be controlled by two or more genes...
- Mapping of aminoacylase-1 and beta-galactosidase-A to homologous regions of human chromosome 3 and mouse chromosome 9 suggests location of additional genesS L Naylor
Am J Hum Genet 34:235-44. 1982..Since the mouse transferrin gene (Trf) is closely linked to the aminoacylase and beta-galactosidase loci, we predict that the human transferrin (TF) gene is on chromosome 3...
- Esterase-17 (ES-17): characterization and genetic location on chromosome 9 of a bis-p-nitrophenyl phosphate-resistant esterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus)J Otto
Biochem Genet 21:37-48. 1983..1.1.6). ES-17 was shown to be controlled by the structural locus Es-17, located on chromosome 9. From test-cross data, a gene order of Es-17-8.7 +/- 2.5 map units-Mpi-1-10.2 +/- 2.7 map units-Mod-1 was established...
- An autosomal dominant gene regulates the extent of 9-O-acetylation of murine erythrocyte sialic acids. A probable explanation for the variation in capacity to activate the human alternate complement pathwayA Varki
J Exp Med 152:532-44. 1980..By using recombinant inbred strains, we determined that this genetic locus is probably located on chromosome 9. The nature of the gene product remains unknown...
- The genes coding for alpha and beta catenin (Catna1 and Catnb) and plakoglobin (Jup) map to mouse chromosomes 18, 9, and 11, respectivelyJ L Guenet
Unité de Génétique des Mammifères de l Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mamm Genome 6:363-6. 1995
- Genetic mapping and systematic screening of mouse endogenously imprinted loci detected with restriction landmark genome scanning method (RLGS)H Shibata
Gene Bank, RIKEN Tsukuba Life Science Center, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Ibaraki, Japan
Mamm Genome 5:797-800. 1994
- Assignment of a gene that determines erythrocytic guanosine-5'-triphosphate concentration (Gtpc) to mouse chromosome 9J P Jenuth
Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Canada
Genome 37:399-404. 1994..A test for linkage of Gtpc to transferrin (Trf) on chromosome 9 gave evidence of linkage with an observed recombination frequency of 14.6 +/- 5.5 and a 99% confidence interval of 3.9-33.9 cM...
- Mapping of the Mod-1 locus on mouse chromosome 9S J Nass
Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Freiburg, FRG
Mamm Genome 4:333-7. 1993..6 +/- 0.6 cm...
- Characterization of cytosolic malic enzyme in human tumor cellsG Loeber
Ernst Boehringer Institut, Vienna, Austria
FEBS Lett 344:181-6. 1994..Thus, NADP(+)-ME found in tumor cells does not constitute a tumor-specific isoform as suggested by other studies but is identical to the 'housekeeping protein' predominantly expressed in human liver and white adipose tissue...
- The genetic map around the tail kinks (tk) locus on mouse chromosome 9K Imai
Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Freiburg, Germany
Mamm Genome 4:560-4. 1993..We show that one of the microsatellite markers mapped, D9Mit9, does not recombine at all with tk in our backcross. This indicates that the D9Mit9 locus will serve as a good starting point for a chromosomal walk to the tk gene...
- The murine vik gene (chromosome 9) encodes a putative receptor with unique protein kinase motifsZ Kelman
Department of Chemical Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Oncogene 8:37-44. 1993..The unique structural landmarks of vik at both the extracellular and the cytoplasmic domains suggest novel ligand as well as substrate specificity of the presumed receptor...
- Effect of the mouse scid mutation on meiotic recombinationD Heine
Department of Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, Busch Campus, Piscataway, New Jersey 08855 1059, USA
Mamm Genome 7:497-500. 1996..Although some differences in recombination were observed over some intervals, the expression of the SCID phenotype did not appear to have a major or consistent effect on meiotic recombination...
- Swine cytosolic malic enzyme: cDNA cloning, sequencing, and localizationM Nunes
Laboratoire Mixte INRA CEA de Radiobiologie Appliquée, centre de recherche INRA de Jouy en Josas, 78352 France
Mamm Genome 7:815-21. 1996..Since no swine cytosolic malic enzyme sequence (ME1) was available, we isolated several overlapping fragments that spanned the almost entire malic enzyme transcript ..
- The Rasgrf1-repeat sequence (D9Ncvs53) maps between Mod1 and Rbp1 on mouse chromosome 9 and may define a putative imprinted regionR S Pearsall
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Buffalo, New York 14263 0001, USA
Mamm Genome 9:261-2. 1998
- Fv2 encodes a truncated form of the Stk receptor tyrosine kinaseD A Persons
Department of Experimental Hematology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Nat Genet 23:159-65. 1999..We conclude that the Fv2 locus encodes Ron, and that a naturally expressed, truncated form of Stk confers susceptibility to Friend virus-induced erythroleukaemia...
- Submucosal gland distribution in the mouse has a genetic determination localized on chromosome 9B A Innes
Medical Research Council Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Mamm Genome 12:124-8. 2001..The genome scan confirmed the locus on Chr 9 (between genetic markers D9Mit11 and D9Mit182), designated Smgdl, as significantly linked to the SMG distribution phenotype (peak LOD score 5.8) within a 95% confidence interval of 12 cM...
- Malic enzyme is present in mouse islets and modulates insulin secretionJ Xu
Kosair Children s Hospital Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY, USA
Diabetologia 51:2281-9. 2008..However, ME has not been demonstrated in mouse islets and three reports indicate that mouse islets contain no ME activity. If mouse islets lack ME, rat and mouse islets must regulate insulin secretion by different mechanisms...
- Genetics of susceptibility to plasmacytoma induction. I. BALB/cAnN (C), C57BL/6N (B6), C57BL/Ka (BK), (C times B6)F1, (C times BK)F1, and C times B recombinant-inbred strainsM Potter
J Natl Cancer Inst 54:1413-7. 1975..The distribution pattern of susceptibility and resistance in the C times B Rl strains suggested the presence of a resistance gene on chromosome 9, linkage group II...
- Level of expression and chromosome mapping of the mouse cholecystokinin gene: implications for murine models of genetic obesityJ M Friedman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021
Genomics 5:463-9. 1989....
- Genetic analysis of nonhistone chromosomal protein inheritance in recombinant inbred mouse strains using two-dimensional electrophoresisL S Ramagli
Department of Molecular Pathology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Biochem Genet 28:123-36. 1990..These 16 NHCP genetic marker inheritance differences detected in RIs add to the 23 previously established genetic marker differences between the progenitors...
- Structure and chromosome assignment of the murine p36 (calpactin I heavy chain) geneP Amiguet
Department of Immunology, Research Institute of Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California 92037
Biochemistry 29:1226-32. 1990..The p36 gene is at least 22 kb in length and has a coding sequence of approximately 1 kb, representing only 4.5% of the gene.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Genetic regulation of malic enzyme activity in the mouseD L Coleman
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
J Biol Chem 266:21997-2002. 1991..These combined data suggest that differences in both enzyme quantity and structure may be involved in the genetic regulation of malic enzyme activity in mice...
- Linkage among esterase-6 (Es-6), neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM), and apolipoprotein C-III (apoc-3) genes on rat chromosome 8E Kobayashi
Imamichi Institute for Animal Reproduction, Ibaraki, Japan
Mamm Genome 3:656-8. 1992
- A malic enzyme probe detects cross-hybridizing sequences closely linked to loci encoding other metabolic enzymesR R Cobb
Chemistry and Life Sciences Group, Research Triangle Institute, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709
Genomics 12:405-8. 1992..The data presented imply that Mod-1 homologous sequences are tightly linked to three different metabolic enzymes...
- Gene linkage analysis in the mouse by somatic cell hybridization: assignment of adenine phosphoribosyltransferase to chromosome 8 and alpha-galactosidase to the X chromosomeC Kozak
Somatic Cell Genet 1:371-82. 1975..All other isozymes examined segregated independently of one another...
- Genetic control of diabetogenesis in NOD/Lt mice. Development and analysis of congenic stocksM Prochazka
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Diabetes 38:1446-55. 1989..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Genetic determination of the beta-galactosidase developmental program in mouse liverK Paigen
Cell 9:533-9. 1976..The existence of a genetic variant with these properties is evidence that programmatic information capable of regulating the temporal expression of a structural gene can be encoded in DNA...
- Effects of the Bgs locus on mouse beta-galactosidaseM H Meisler
Biochem Genet 14:921-32. 1976..The inhibition of mouse beta-galactosidase by the active-site-directed reagent N-bromoacetyl-beta-D-galactosylamine has been investigated. beta-Galactosidase from the high and low Bgs strains has identical affinity for this inhibitor...
- The genes coding for pyruvate kinase (M2) and mannosephosphate isomerase are linked in man and mouseP A Lalley
Cytogenet Cell Genet 22:581-4. 1978
- Esterase 13, a new mouse esterase locus with recessive expression and its genetic location on chromosome 9J E Womack
Biochem Genet 16:1107-12. 1978..Es-13 was mapped on Chr 9 by recombinant inbred lines and by conventional backcrossing experiments. Backcross data produced the following gene order and map distances: Lap-1 (31.6 +/- 7.5 cM) Es-13 (2.6 +/- 2.6 cM) Mod-1...
- Use of two-dimensional electrophoresis to identify and map new mouse genesR W Elliott
Genetics 91:295-308. 1979..These eight genes will be useful reference markers in future crosses designed to map new genes...
- Location of the gene for theta antigen in the mouse. II. Three-point crosses place Thy-1 in proximal region of chromosome 9T C Douglas
J Hered 69:224-8. 1978..These recombination data are discussed in relation to previous multiple-point recombination studies of chromosome 9...
- Gene mapping in Mus musculus by interspecific cell hybridization: assignment of the genes for tripeptidase-1 to chromosome 10, dipeptidase-2 to chromosome 18, acid phosphatase-1 to chromosome 12, and adenylate kinase-1 to chromosome 2U Francke
Cytogenet Cell Genet 19:57-84. 1977..Striking examples of norandom segregation of mouse chromosomes were observed in these hybrids with preferential retention of 15 and segregation of 11 and the Y chromosome...
- [Genetic analysis of interspecific crosses Mus musculus L. x Mus spretus Lataste: linkage of Adh-1 with Amy-1 on chromosome 3 and Es-14 with Mod-1 on chromosome 9]F Bonhomme
C R Seances Acad Sci D 289:545-8. 1979..Linkage of ES-14 with Mod-1 on chromosome 9 and that of Adh-1 with Amy-1 on chromosome 3 are shown. The following order centromere/Car-2/Amy-1 is tentatively proposed for these loci on chromosome 3...
- Location of the gene for Theta antigen in the mouseE P Blankenhorn
J Hered 63:259-63. 1972
- A null mutation at the mouse Phosphoglucomutase-1 locus and a new locus Pgm-3F M Johnson
Biochem Genet 19:599-615. 1981..Products of the Pgm-3 locus were detected in kidney, testes, brain, and heart. In contrast, Pgm-1 controlled isozymes were present in kidney, spleen, ovaries, and erythrocytes...
- Linkage of Pgm-3 in the house mouse and homologies of three phosphoglucomutase loci in mouse and manJ H Nadeau
Biochem Genet 19:465-74. 1981..8 +/- 1.8%. Pgm-3 2.3 +/- 1.2% Mod-1. Substrate specificities and cofactor requirements show that mouse Pgm-1 is homologous with human Pgm-2, mouse Pgm-2 with human Pgm-1, and mouse Pgm-3 with human Pgm-3...
- Genetic control of lipid transport in mice. II. Genes controlling structure of high density lipoproteinsA J Lusis
J Biol Chem 258:5071-8. 1983..Thus, the mouse provides a useful model system for examining the genetic control of mammalian HDL structure and regulation...
- Genetic mapping of ecotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing loci in six inbred strainsC A Kozak
J Exp Med 155:524-34. 1982..These studies provide further evidence that endogenous ecotropic V loci are present at different chromosomal sites in unrelated mouse strains and emphasize the role of germ line reinfections in the generation of this diversity...
- The Pk-3 gene determines both the heart, M1, and the kidney, M2, pyruvate kinase isozymes in the mouse; and a simple electrophoretic method for separating phosphoglucomutase-3J Peters
Biochem Genet 22:1047-63. 1984..We also report a simple method for separating phosphoglucomutase-3 (PGM-3) by electrophoresis on cellulose acetate plates...
- Biochemical polymorphisms in feral and inbred mice (mus musculus)T H Roderick
Biochem Genet 5:457-66. 1971
- Linkage analyses using biochemical variants in mice. 3. Linkage relationships of eleven biochemical markersJ J Hutton
Biochem Genet 4:339-50. 1970
- Linkage analyses using biochemical variants in mice. II. Levulinate dehydratase and autosomal glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenaseJ J Hutton
Biochem Genet 3:517-23. 1969
- Polymorphism and linkage for mannosephosphate isomerase in Mus musculusE A Nichols
Biochem Genet 8:47-53. 1973
- The structural genes encoding P450scc and P450arom are closely linked on mouse chromosome 9G L Youngblood
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0278
Endocrinology 125:2784-6. 1989..The information presented in this report, along with other studies, indicate conservation between homologous human and mouse chromosomal regions and suggest that human P450SCC will be found to be closely linked with human P450arom...
- Gene activation during early development of mammalsU Wolf
Humangenetik 15:99-118. 1972
- Malate dehydrogenase: evidence for tetrameric structure in Mus musculusT B Shows
Science 160:1356-7. 1968..This is the predicted phenotype for tetramers composed of two types of subunits which associate randomly in heterozygotes forming three hybrid enzymes having mobilities intermediate between the parental forms...
- Isozymes and genetic control of NADP-malate dehydrogenase in miceN S Henderson
Arch Biochem Biophys 117:28-33. 1966
- Variations among sublines of inbred AKR miceR T Acton
Nat New Biol 245:8-10. 1973
- Structure and expression of murine malic enzyme mRNA. Differentiation-dependent accumulation of two forms of malic enzyme mRNA in 3T3-L1 cellsS Bagchi
J Biol Chem 262:1558-65. 1987..In contrast, mRNA coding for a third enzyme required for lipogenesis, glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, is not detected in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes, but rapidly accumulates during adipocyte development...
- A chromosomal segment conserved since divergence of lineages leading to man and mouse: the gene order of aminoacylase-1, transferrin, and beta-galactosidase on mouse chromosome 9J H Nadeau
Genet Res 48:175-8. 1986
- Multilocus genomic mapping with intracisternal A-particle proviral oligonucleotide probes hybridized to mouse DNA in dried agarose gelsK K Lueders
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Electrophoresis 16:179-85. 1995....
- The AXB and BXA set of recombinant inbred mouse strainsJ D Marshall
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 1500
Mamm Genome 3:669-80. 1992..Thus, the AXB and BXA set of RI strains will be useful in the genetic analysis of several complex diseases...
- Effects of thioredoxin reductase-1 deletion on embryogenesis and transcriptomeAlla A Bondareva
VMB, Molecular Biosciences, 960 Technology Blvd, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59718, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 43:911-23. 2007..Conserved responses to Txnrd1 disruption likely allowed proliferation and limited differentiation of the mutant embryo cells...