Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Igf2r
Description: insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor
Alias: AI661837, CD222, CI-MPR, M6P/IGF2R, Mpr300, cation-independent mannose-6-phosphate receptor, 300 kDa mannose 6-phosphate receptor, CI Man-6-P receptor, IGF-II receptor, IGF-II/CI-MPR, M6P/IGF2 receptor, M6PR, MPR 300, cation-independent MPR, insulin-like growth factor II receptor, mannose-6-phosphate receptor, cation independent
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- The mammalian SIR2alpha protein has a role in embryogenesis and gametogenesisMichael W McBurney
Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre and Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario K1H 1C4, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 23:38-54. 2003..The phenotype of the sir2alpha null animals suggests that the SIR2alpha protein is essential for normal embryogenesis and for normal reproduction in both sexes...
- Regulation of embryonic growth and lysosomal targeting by the imprinted Igf2/Mpr geneZ Q Wang
Research Institute for Molecular Pathology I M P, Vienna, Austria
Nature 372:464-7. 1994..A few (-/+) mice reactivated their paternal Igf2/Mpr allele in some tissues and survived to adults. But no (-/-) mice survived, indicating a role for the reactivated paternal allele in postnatal survival...
- Loss of the imprinted IGF2/cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor results in fetal overgrowth and perinatal lethalityM M Lau
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Genes Dev 8:2953-63. 1994..that inherit a nonfunctional insulin-like growth factor-II/cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor (Igf2r) gene from their fathers are viable and develop normally into adults...
- Imprinted expression of the Igf2r gene depends on an intronic CpG islandA Wutz
Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
Nature 389:745-9. 1997..The mouse Igf2r gene (encoding the receptor for insulin- like growth factor type-2) is imprinted and is expressed from the ..
- Local reduction of organ size in transgenic mice expressing a soluble insulin-like growth factor II/mannose-6-phosphate receptorS Zaina
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 139:3886-95. 1998Genetic evidence suggests that the insulin-like growth factor II (IGF-II)/mannose-6-phosphate receptor (IGF2R) slows growth...
- Non-imprinted Igf2r expression decreases growth and rescues the Tme mutation in miceA Wutz
Research Institute for Molecular Pathology IMP, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Development 128:1881-7. 2001In the mouse the insulin-like growth factor receptor type 2 gene (Igf2r) is imprinted and maternally expressed...
- Tissue-specific inactivation of murine M6P/IGF2RAndrew A Wylie
Department of Radiation Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Pathol 162:321-8. 2003The mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor (M6P/IGF2R) encodes a multifunctional protein involved in lysosomal enzyme trafficking, fetal organogenesis, tumor suppression, and T cell- mediated immunity...
- Essential role for de novo DNA methyltransferase Dnmt3a in paternal and maternal imprintingMasahiro Kaneda
Division of Human Genetics, Department of Integrated Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Research Organization of Information and Systems, Mishima 411 8540, Japan
Nature 429:900-3. 2004..These results indicate that both Dnmt3a and Dnmt3L are required for methylation of most imprinted loci in germ cells, but also suggest the involvement of other factors...
- Demonstration of tumor suppression by mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor 2 receptorJin Li
Department of Physiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, 136 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Oncogene 23:9359-68. 2004..These findings establish a role for the receptor as a bona fide tumor suppressor gene and together with previous studies, suggest an important role for the receptor in human and rodent cancers...
- Altered levels and distribution of IGF-II/M6P receptor and lysosomal enzymes in mutant APP and APP + PS1 transgenic mouse brainsA Amritraj
Department of Psychiatry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Neurobiol Aging 30:54-70. 2009....
- Cell surface-expressed cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor (CD222) binds enzymatically active heparanase independently of mannose 6-phosphate to promote extracellular matrix degradationRobert J Wood
Cancer and Molecular Immunology Group, Division of Molecular Bioscience, The John Curtin School of Medical Research, The Australian National University, Acton, Australian Capital Territory 2601, Australia
J Biol Chem 283:4165-76. 2008....
- Igf2r improves the survival and transmission ratio of Igf2 transgenic miceDimitrina D Pravtcheva
Department of Human Genetics, New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, Staten Island, New York 10314, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 75:1678-87. 2008..Degradation of IGFII is mediated by the insulin-like growth factor type 2 receptor (IGF2R)...
- An in vitro ES cell imprinting model shows that imprinted expression of the Igf2r gene arises from an allele-specific expression biasPaulina A Latos
CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Dr Bohr Gasse 9 4, Vienna Biocenter, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Development 136:437-48. 2009..The mouse Igf2r gene shows imprinted expression only in post-implantation stages, when repression of the paternal allele has been ..
- The mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor restricts the tumourigenicity and invasiveness of squamous cell carcinoma cellsOlivia C Probst
Institute of Applied Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria
Int J Cancer 124:2559-67. 2009The mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor (M6P/IGF2R) mediates biosynthetic sorting and endocytosis of various factors that impinge on the proliferation, migration and invasiveness of tumour cells...
- Intraspecific mating with CzechII/Ei mice rescue lethality associated with loss of function mutations of the imprinted genes, Igf2r and Cdkn1cJohn P Hagan
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, NCI FCRDC, National Institutes of Health, P O Box B, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Genomics 84:836-43. 2004..encoding either the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1C (Cdkn1c) or the insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor (Igf2r) leads to fully penetrant perinatal lethality in C57BL/6J mice due to genomic imprinting...
- Expression of genes for insulin and insulin-like growth factors and receptors in early postimplantation mouse embryos and embryonal carcinoma cellsN A Telford
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Calgary Health Sciences Centre, Alberta, Canada
Mol Reprod Dev 27:81-92. 1990..g., maternal) sources of insulin. Both IGF-I and IGF-II could act as paracrine or autocrine growth factors, and IGF-II is the more abundant growth factor in differentiating F9 cells...
- Structure of the receptor for insulin-like growth factor II: the puzzle amplifiedR A Roth
Department of Pharmacology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305 5332
Science 239:1269-71. 1988..Since this latter receptor has been implicated in targeting of lysosomal enzymes, the question is now raised of whether the same protein can also mediate metabolic responses to IGF-II...
- The non-viability of uniparental mouse conceptuses correlates with the loss of the products of imprinted genesC Walsh
Institute for Experimental Drug Research, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Mech Dev 46:55-62. 1994..four such endogenous imprinted genes are known: the paternal alleles of Igf2 and Snrpn and the maternal alleles of Igf2r and H19 are active, while their opposite parental alleles are inactive...
- Expression of mannose 6-phosphate receptors in chickenU Matzner
Zentrum Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Germany
Dev Dyn 207:11-24. 1996..synthesized lysosomal enzymes is accomplished by two mannose 6-phosphate receptors (MPR) designated MPR46 and MPR300. MPR300 has an additional function in clearing the nonglycosylated insulin-like growth factor II (IGFII)...
- Insulin-like growth factor-2 regulation of conceptus composition: effects of the trophectoderm and inner cell mass genotypes in the mouseR L Gardner
Zoology Department, Oxford University, Oxford OX1 3PS, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 60:190-5. 1999....
- Variable accumulation of insulin-like growth factor II in mouse tissues deficient in insulin-like growth factor II receptorC M Nolan
Zoology Department, University College Dublin, Belfield, Ireland
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31:1421-33. 1999..These results indicate that lack of insulin-like growth factor II receptor can lead to local excess of the growth factor but that such excess is not a necessary consequence of receptor-deficiency...
- Targeted disruption of the cation-dependent or cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor does not decrease the content of acid glycosidases in the acrosomeC A Chayko
Center for Reproductive Biology Research, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2633, USA
J Androl 21:944-53. 2000..These results suggest that the targeted disruption of either MPR does not result in decreased acrosomal targeting efficiency...
- Quantification of expression and methylation of the Igf2r imprinted gene in segmental trisomic mouse modelTomas Vacik
Institute of Molecular Genetics and Center of Integrated Genomics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 142 20 4, Prague, Czech Republic
Genomics 82:261-8. 2003Insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor (Igf2r), a maternally expressed imprinted gene, is triplicated in Ts43H trisomic mice...
- GRP94 is essential for mesoderm induction and muscle development because it regulates insulin-like growth factor secretionSherry Wanderling
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Mol Biol Cell 18:3764-75. 2007..The data identify insulin-like growth factor II as one developmentally important protein whose production depends on the activity of GRP94...
- Insulin-like growth factor signaling regulates the timing of sensory cell differentiation in the mouse cochleaTakayuki Okano
Laboratory of Cochlear Development, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Porter Neuroscience Research Center, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 31:18104-18. 2011..The results also provide new insights regarding the pathological processes that underlie auditory defects in the absence of IGF signaling in both humans and mice...
- Rescue of the T-associated maternal effect in mice carrying null mutations in Igf-2 and Igf2r, two reciprocally imprinted genesA J Filson
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032
Development 118:731-6. 1993..Interestingly, the Igf2r gene, which encodes one of the two known receptors (IGF2R) to which IGF-II binds with high affinity is also ..
- Genomic imprinting. Silence of the genesM A Surani
Nature 366:302-3. 1993
- Growth-promoting interaction of IGF-II with the insulin receptor during mouse embryonic developmentA Louvi
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, New York, New York, 10032, USA
Dev Biol 189:33-48. 1997..Therefore, these results provide genetic evidence that the growth-promoting function of IGF-II during mouse embryogenesis is mediated in part by signaling through the insulin receptor...
- Mutational analysis of the binding site residues of the bovine cation-dependent mannose 6-phosphate receptorL J Olson
Department of Biochemistry, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Biol Chem 274:36905-11. 1999..In addition, mutation of the single histidine residue, His-105, within the binding site diminished the binding of the receptor to ligand, but did not eliminate the ability of the CD-MPR to release ligand under acidic conditions...
- The imprinted antisense RNA at the Igf2r locus overlaps but does not imprint Mas1R Lyle
The Netherlands Cancer Institute H5, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 25:19-21. 2000The gene encoding the insulin-like growth-factor type-2 receptor (Igf2r) is maternally expressed and imprinted...
- Shared role for differentially methylated domains of imprinted genesBonnie Reinhart
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:2089-98. 2002..To examine this possibility, we introduced sequences from the DMDs of the imprinted Igf2r, H19, and Snrpn genes into a nonimprinted derivative of the normally imprinted RSVIgmyc transgene, created by ..
- Unimpaired allorejection of cells deficient for the mannose 6-phosphate receptors Mpr300 and Mpr46Ralf Dressel
Division of Immunogenetics, University of Gottingen, Heirich Duker Weg 12, 37073 Gottingen, Germany
Transplantation 78:758-61. 2004..Using mouse embryonal fibroblasts from Mpr300 and Mpr46 knockout mice, we show that both Mpr 300 and Mpr46 are dispensable on target cells for lysis and apoptosis mediated by alloreactive CTL in vitro and for ..
- Neuron-specific relaxation of Igf2r imprinting is associated with neuron-specific histone modifications and lack of its antisense transcript AirYoko Yamasaki
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 14:2511-20. 2005The mouse insulin-like growth factor II receptor (Igf2r) gene and its antisense transcript Air are reciprocally imprinted in most tissues, but in the brain, Igf2r is biallelically expressed despite the imprinted Air expression...
- Peg1/Mest in obese adipose tissue is expressed from the paternal allele in an isoform-specific mannerYasutomi Kamei
Department of Molecular Medicine and Metabolism, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 2 3 10 Kanda surugadai, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 581:91-6. 2007..We also demonstrated that the abundantly expressed Peg1/Mest in obese adipose tissue retained monoallelic expression. This is the first report of monoallelic induction of Peg1/Mest in adult tissues...
- Beneficial synergistic interactions of TNF-alpha and IL-6 in C2 skeletal myoblasts--potential cross-talk with IGF systemNasser Al-Shanti
Institute for Biomedical Research into Human Movement and Health, Manchester Metropolitan University, Cheshire, England, UK
Growth Factors 26:61-73. 2008..Our data suggest that in the presence of TNF-alpha/IL-6 functions positively and potentially also cooperatively with the IGF system to achieve the maximal beneficial effect on skeletal myoblast numbers...
- Mannose 6-phosphate receptor-dependent endocytosis of lysosomal enzymes is increased in sulfatide-storing kidney cellsDiana Klein
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat, Nussallee 11, D 53115 Bonn, Germany
Biol Chem 390:41-8. 2009..Examination of mannose 6-phosphate receptor (MPR300)-dependent endocytosis revealed that uptake of lysosomal enzymes is more than two-fold increased in sulfatide-..
- Structural basis for recognition of phosphodiester-containing lysosomal enzymes by the cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptorLinda J Olson
Department of Biochemistry, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12493-8. 2010..These results show the mechanism by which the CI-MPR recognizes Man-P-GlcNAc-containing ligands and provides new avenues to investigate the role of phosphodiester-containing lysosomal enzymes in the biogenesis of lysosomes...
- Enhanced efficacy of enzyme replacement therapy in Pompe disease through mannose-6-phosphate receptor expression in skeletal muscleDwight D Koeberl
Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Genet Metab 103:107-12. 2011..In summary, enhanced CI-MPR expression might improve the efficacy of enzyme replacement therapy in Pompe disease through enhancing receptor-mediated uptake of GAA...
- The effects of postovulatory aging of mouse oocytes on methylation and expression of imprinted genes at mid-term gestationXing Wei Liang
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 1 Beichen West Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, People s Republic of China
Mol Hum Reprod 17:562-7. 2011..Methylation and total expression of Igf2r and H19 was investigated by quantitative analysis of methylation by PCR and quantitative real-time RT-PCR, ..
- Mest but Not MiR-335 Affects Skeletal Muscle Growth and RegenerationYosuke Hiramuki
Department of Growth Regulation, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 10:e0130436. 2015..Moreover, expressions of H19 and Igf2r, maternally expressed imprinted genes were affected in tibialis anterior muscle of Mest+/-; DMD-null mice compared ..
- Airn transcriptional overlap, but not its lncRNA products, induces imprinted Igf2r silencingPaulina A Latos
CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Lazarettgasse 14, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Science 338:1469-72. 2012..To test whether Airn transcription or product silences the Igf2r gene, we shortened the endogenous lncRNA to different lengths...
- Sorting of growth plate chondrocytes allows the isolation and characterization of cells of a defined differentiation statusDaniele Belluoccio
Murdoch Children s Research Institute, University of Melbourne, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Bone Miner Res 25:1267-81. 2010..This approach provides a novel platform to study cartilage development and characterize mouse growth plate chondrocytes to reveal unique cellular phenotypes of the distinct subpopulations within the growth plate...
- Molecular signaling at the fusion stage of the mouse mandibular arch: involvement of insulin-like growth factor familyKazuya Fujita
Department of Pathology, School of Life Dentistry at Tokyo, The Nippon Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Dev Biol 57:399-406. 2013....
- Alterations in deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) methylation patterns of Calca, Timp3, Mmp2, and Igf2r are associated with chronic cystitis in a cyclophosphamide-induced mouse modelIn Seon Choi
Division of Pediatric Urology, Saban Research Institute, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Urology 82:253.e9-15. 2013..To determine whether epigenetic changes occur during cyclophosphamide-induced chronic bladder inflammation in mice...
- Expression of the two mannose 6-phosphate receptors is spatially and temporally different during mouse embryogenesisU Matzner
Universitat Gottingen, FRG
Development 114:965-72. 1992Mammalian cells express two mannose 6-phosphate receptors, MPR46 and MPR300, both of which mediate the targeting of lysosomal enzymes to lysosomes...
- Differential regulation of mannose 6-phosphate receptors and their ligands during the myogenic development of C2 cellsG Szebenyi
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Biol Chem 266:5534-9. 1991..The differential regulation of the two mannose 6-phosphate receptors during muscle differentiation suggests that they may serve distinct functions in development...
- Chromosomal mapping of the gene for the type II insulin-like growth factor receptor/cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor in man and mouseG Laureys
Department of Human Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Genomics 3:224-9. 1988The gene for insulin-like growth factor II (IGF-II) receptor (IGF2R) that has recently been found, by DNA sequencing, to be identical to the cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor (CIM6PR) has been mapped in the human and murine ..
- Proliferin secreted by cultured cells binds to mannose 6-phosphate receptorsS J Lee
Howard Hughes Medical Institute Laboratory, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
J Biol Chem 263:3521-7. 1988....
- Developmental regulation of genomic imprinting during gametogenesisA J Villar
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Dev Biol 172:264-71. 1995....
- The IGFs and their binding proteins in murine developmentL J Murphy
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Mol Reprod Dev 35:376-81. 1993..We have started to develop transgenic mice lines overexpressing IGFBPs to attempt to address the role of these binding proteins in fetal development...
- Cellular patterns of insulin-like growth factor system gene expression in murine chondrogenesis and osteogenesisE Wang
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Endocrinology 136:2741-51. 1995....
- Allele-specific structures in the mouse Igf2-H19 domainM Ariel
Department of Cellular Biochemistry, Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 58:307-13. 1993
- Expression and methylation of imprinted genes during in vitro differentiation of mouse parthenogenetic and androgenetic embryonic stem cell linesP Szabo
Division of Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010 0269
Development 120:1651-60. 1994Messenger RNA and methylation levels of four imprinted genes, H19, Igf2r, Igf-2 and Snrpn were examined by northern and Southern blotting in mouse parthenogenetic, androgenetic and normal or wild-type embryonic stem cell lines during ..
- Fetal weight at term influenced by H-2-associated lociM L Tyan
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, West Los Angeles, California 90073
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 205:85-8. 1994..A x B10.BR and B10.A x B10.D2 but not the B10.A x C57BL/10 crosses. The results suggest that there are two or more MHC associated loci that influence growth rate in late gestation. Among the candidate genes are Ped and Igfr II...
- The mouse insulin-like growth factor II/cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate (IGF-II/MPR) receptor gene: molecular cloning and genomic organizationG Szebenyi
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
Genomics 19:120-9. 1994..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Cloning and sequencing of cDNAs encoding the full-length mouse mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptorT Ludwig
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Cell Biology Programme, Heidelberg, Germany
Gene 142:311-2. 1994..The open reading frame encodes a protein of 2482 amino acids that is 89 and 87% identical to the human and bovine receptors, respectively...
- The insulin-like growth factor type-2 receptor gene is imprinted in the mouse but not in humansV M Kalscheuer
Department of Human Genetics, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 5:74-8. 1993..IGF2 is monoallelically expressed in various tissues but surprisingly not in adult human liver. The human IGF2R gene, another classic example of imprinting in mice, was found to be expressed from both alleles...
- Allele-specific replication timing of imprinted gene regionsD Kitsberg
Department of Cellular Biochemistry, Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Nature 364:459-63. 1993..we have examined the replication timing patterns for the chromosomal regions containing the imprinted genes Igf2, Igf2r, H19 and Snrpn in the mouse...
- Expression of IGF ligand and receptor genes during preimplantation mammalian developmentG A Schultz
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Mol Reprod Dev 35:414-20. 1993..These findings suggest that the interactions of IGF ligands and receptors in preimplantation development might, indeed, be modulated by IGFPs.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Maternal-specific methylation of the imprinted mouse Igf2r locus identifies the expressed locus as carrying the imprinting signalR Stöger
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
Cell 73:61-71. 1993The mouse insulin-like growth factor type 2 receptor (Igf2r) is imprinted and expressed exclusively from the maternally inherited chromosome...
- Allele-specific expression and total expression levels of imprinted genes during early mouse development: implications for imprinting mechanismsP E Szabo
Division of Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Genes Dev 9:3097-108. 1995..The Igf2r and Snrpn genes were activated by the early 4-cell stage and exhibited biallelic and monoallelic expression, ..
- Mouse embryos with paternal duplication of an imprinted chromosome 7 region die at midgestation and lack placental spongiotrophoblastK J Mclaughlin
Division of Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Development 122:265-70. 1996..d7 phenotype is p-/p- expression of this gene. We also confirm that PatDup.d7 embryos lack H19 RNA and posses excess Igf2 RNA as might be expected from the parental-specific activities of these genes in normal embryos...
- Neither type of mannose 6-phosphate receptor is sufficient for targeting of lysosomal enzymes along intracellular routesD Kasper
Georg August University, Abt Biochemie II, Gottingen, Germany
J Cell Biol 134:615-23. 1996Mouse embryonic fibroblasts that are deficient in the two mannose 6-phosphate receptors (MPRs) MPR 46 and MPR 300 missort the majority (> or = 85%) of soluble lysosomal proteins into the medium...
- The Lx1 gene maps to mouse chromosome 17 and codes for a protein that is homologous to glucose and polyspecific transmembrane transportersN Schweifer
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Mamm Genome 7:735-40. 1996..The Lx1 gene maps very close to the imprinted Igf2r/Mpr300 gene on mouse Chromosome (Chr) 17, in a region that is syntenic to human Chr 6q...
- Maternal and paternal genomes function independently in mouse ova in establishing expression of the imprinted genes Snrpn and Igf2r: no evidence for allelic trans-sensing and counting mechanismsP E Szabo
Division of Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010 3000, USA
EMBO J 15:6018-25. 1996..allele-specific RT-PCR single nucleotide primer extension assays developed for two imprinted genes, Snrpn and Igf2r, we demonstrate: (i) No role for maternal-paternal allelic interactions: the modes of parental-specific expression ..
- Paternal repression of the imprinted mouse Igf2r locus occurs during implantation and is stable in all tissues of the post-implantation mouse embryoW Lerchner
Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mech Dev 61:141-9. 1997The insulin-like growth factor type 2 receptor, also known as the cation independent mannose-6-phosphate receptor (Igf2r) is an imprinted gene, which is repressed on the paternally inherited allele in midgestation mouse embryos...
- Characterization of the C3 YAC contig from proximal mouse chromosome 17 and analysis of allelic expression of genes flanking the imprinted Igf2r geneN Schweifer
The Netherlands Cancer Institute H5, Amsterdam
Genomics 43:285-97. 1997The imprinted mouse insulin-like growth factor type 2 receptor (Igf2r) maps to the middle of a gene-rich region in band A2 of mouse chromosome 17...
- Structure of the imprinted mouse Snrpn gene and establishment of its parental-specific methylation patternR Shemer
Department of Cellular Biochemistry, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, P O Box 12272, Jerusalem, 91120, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:10267-72. 1997..That all PWS patients lack DMR1, together with the overall high resemblance of the mouse gene to the human SNRPN, offers an excellent experimental tool to study the regional control of this imprinted chromosomal domain...
- Insulin-like growth factor II receptor, transforming growth factor-beta, and Cdk4 expression and the developmental epigenetics of mouse palate morphogenesis and dysmorphogenesisM Melnick
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 0641, USA
Dev Dyn 211:11-25. 1998..Specifically, we evaluated the relationship between Igf2r gene expression, transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) activation, and cdk4 gene expression...
- Altered imprinted gene methylation and expression in completely ES cell-derived mouse fetuses: association with aberrant phenotypesW Dean
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics Programme, The Babraham Institute, Babraham Hall, Cambridge CB2 4AT, UK
Development 125:2273-82. 1998..this is associated with epigenetic alterations in imprinted genes, we analysed two maternally expressed genes (Igf2r, H19) and two paternally expressed genes (Igf2, U2af1-rs1) in ES cells and in completely ES cell-derived fetuses...
- The sins of the fathers and mothers: genomic imprinting in mammalian developmentS M Tilghman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544, USA
Cell 96:185-93. 1999
- Developmental potential of mouse primordial germ cellsY Kato
Wellcome CRC Institute of Cancer and Developmental Biology and Physiological Laboratory, Tennis Court Road, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK
Development 126:1823-32. 1999..The evidence suggests that gametic imprints are essential for normal development, and that they can neither be initiated nor erased in mature oocytes; these properties are unique to the developing germ line...
- Type-2 IGF receptor: a multi-ligand binding proteinT Braulke
Institute for Biochemistry II, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Germany
Horm Metab Res 31:242-6. 1999The Type-2 insulin-like growth factor receptor (IGF2R) is a ubiquitously expressed integral glycoprotein with a molecular mass of 300 kDa...
- I-cell disease-like phenotype in mice deficient in mannose 6-phosphate receptorsF Dittmer
Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Abt Biochemie II, Germany
Transgenic Res 7:473-83. 1998..by crossing mice carrying null alleles for Igf2 and the 300 kDa and 46 kDa mannose 6-phosphate receptors, Mpr300 and Mpr46. Pre- and perinatal lethality of mice nullizygous for Igf2, Mpr300 and Mpr46 was increased...
- Submandibular gland morphogenesis: stage-specific expression of TGF-alpha/EGF, IGF, TGF-beta, TNF, and IL-6 signal transduction in normal embryonic mice and the phenotypic effects of TGF-beta2, TGF-beta3, and EGF-r null mutationsT Jaskoll
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, 90089, USA
Anat Rec 256:252-68. 1999..These and other findings provide insight into the design of future functional studies...
- Differential chromatin packaging of genomic imprinted regions between expressed and non-expressed allelesT Watanabe
First Department of Biochemistry, Niigata University School of Medicine, Asahimachi 1 757, Niigata 951 8122, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 9:3029-35. 2000..examined the chromatin packaging state of allelic sites in the Zfp127/Snrpn locus on mouse chromosome 7 and in the Igf2r locus on mouse chromosome 17 with an assay consisting of chromatin fractionation and allele-specific detection...
- Bidirectional action of the Igf2r imprint control element on upstream and downstream imprinted genesR Zwart
Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Genes Dev 15:2361-6. 2001Imprinting of the maternally-expressed Igf2r gene is controlled by an intronic imprint control element (ICE) known as Region2 that contains the promoter of the noncoding Air RNA, whose transcript overlaps the silenced paternal Igf2r ..
- Allele-specific expression of imprinted genes in mouse migratory primordial germ cellsPIROSKA E SZABO
Division of Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010 3011, USA
Mech Dev 115:157-60. 2002..by flow cytometry and determined the allele-specific expression of four imprinted genes - Snrpn, Igf2, H19 and Igf2r. The first three genes were expressed monoallelically, while the latter gene was expressed biallelically...
- Genome imprinting regulated by the mouse Polycomb group protein EedJesse Mager
Department of Genetics and Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 103 Mason Farm Road, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7264, USA
Nat Genet 33:502-7. 2003..These data identify Eed as a member of a new class of trans-acting factors that regulate parent-of-origin expression at imprinted loci...
- Deficiency of mannose 6-phosphate receptors and lysosomal storage: a morphometric analysis of hepatocytes of neonatal miceJacques P M Schellens
Department of Cell Biology and Histology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, P O Box 22700, 1100 DE, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cell Biol Int 27:897-902. 2003..It is concluded that in hepatocytes of MPR-deficient neonatal mice lysosomal storage occurs when both MPRs are lacking, whereas deficiency of CI-MPR only has no effect on the ultrastructure of the lysosomal system...
- Cargo-selective endosomal sorting for retrieval to the Golgi requires retromerMatthew N J Seaman
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Wellcome Trust MRC Building, Addenbrookes Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, England, UK
J Cell Biol 165:111-22. 2004..The data presented here support the hypothesis that retromer performs a selective function in endosome-to-Golgi transport, mediating retrieval of the CI-MPR, but not furin...
- Modulation of cathepsin D routing by IGF-II involves IGF-II binding to IGF-II/M6P receptor in MCF-7 breast cancer cellsJesika S Faridi
Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
Growth Factors 22:169-77. 2004..These data provide direct evidence that the IGF-II modulation of cathepsin D routing is IGF-II/M6P receptor mediated...
- Lsh controls silencing of the imprinted Cdkn1c geneTao Fan
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Development 132:635-44. 2005..of the Cdkn1c gene (also known as p57(Kip2)) but does not interfere with maintenance of imprints at the H19, Igf2, Igf2r, Zac1 and Meg9 genes...
- IGFs increase enamel formation by inducing expression of enamel mineralizing specific genesJavier Caton
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, 2250 Alcazar St, CSA 106, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Arch Oral Biol 50:123-9. 2005..These results suggest that IGFs increase enamel formation by the induction of gene expression of enamel related genes. Studies are underway to determine a possible mechanism for these factors...
- Increased plasticity of genomic imprinting of Dlk1 in brain is due to genetic and epigenetic factorsSylvie Croteau
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mamm Genome 16:127-35. 2005The expression of six imprinted genes (Dlk1, Gt12, Igf2r, Kcnq1, Nnat, and Peg1) was examined in brains of 21 mice derived from N2 x N2 intercrosses between C57BL/6 and MOLF/Ei strains...
- Long-range DNase I hypersensitivity mapping reveals the imprinted Igf2r and Air promoters share cis-regulatory elementsFlorian M Pauler
CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Genetics, Max F Perutz Laboratories, Vienna Biocenter, A1030 Vienna, Austria
Genome Res 15:1379-87. 2005Epigenetic mechanisms restrict the expression of imprinted genes to one parental allele in diploid cells. At the Igf2r/Air imprinted cluster on mouse chromosome 17, paternal-specific expression of the Air noncoding RNA has been shown to ..
- Genomic imprinting in Dicer1-hypomorphic miceM Fukasawa
Biosignal Genome Resource Center, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Gunma University, Maebashi, Japan
Cytogenet Genome Res 113:138-43. 2006..We did not observe any abnormality in the allelic expression of imprinted genes in these mice or their offspring, suggesting that reduced expression of Dicer1 did not significantly affect the maintenance and reprogramming of imprinting...
- The imprinted mouse Igf2r/Air cluster--a model maternal imprinting systemK Regha
CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, Austria
Cytogenet Genome Res 113:165-77. 2006..The mouse Igf2r/Air cluster is presented as a model of the maternal imprinting system.
- Effect of insulin-like-growth factor and its receptors regarding lung development in fetal miceKouji Nagata
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 23:953-9. 2007..Therefore, the administration of IGFs to the fetal CDH lung may thus be able to effectively improve the symptoms of hypoplastic lung...
- Mapping of Cbln1-like immunoreactivity in adult and developing mouse brain and its localization to the endolysosomal compartment of neuronsPeng Wei
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale Street, MS 323, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Eur J Neurosci 26:2962-78. 2007..As cbln3 is only expressed in post-mitotic, post-migratory granule cells, Cbln1 homomeric complexes in precursors and Cbln1-Cbln3 heteromeric complexes in mature granule cells may have distinct functions and turnover...
- Dysferlin deficiency enhances monocyte phagocytosis: a model for the inflammatory onset of limb-girdle muscular dystrophy 2BKanneboyina Nagaraju
Research Center for Genetic Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Pathol 172:774-85. 2008..Therefore, we hypothesize that mild myofiber damage in dysferlin-deficient muscle stimulates an inflammatory cascade that may initiate, exacerbate, and possibly perpetuate the underlying myofiber-specific dystrophic process...
- H19 acts as a trans regulator of the imprinted gene network controlling growth in miceAnne Gabory
Genetics and Development Department, INSERM U567, CNRS UMR 8104, University of Paris Descartes, Institut Cochin, Paris, France
Development 136:3413-21. 2009..Our results also bring further experimental evidence for the existence of the IGN and open new perspectives in the comprehension of the role of genomic imprinting in embryonic growth and in human imprinting pathologies...
- Identification of novel regulators of hematopoietic stem cell development through refinement of stem cell localization and expression profilingMaria I Mascarenhas
Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Blood 114:4645-53. 2009....
- Insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor is an IFNgamma-inducible microglial protein that facilitates intracellular HIV replication: implications for HIV-induced neurocognitive disordersHyeon Sook Suh
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am J Pathol 177:2446-58. 2010Insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor (IGF2R), also known as cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate (M6P) receptor, is a transmembrane glycoprotein localized in the trans-Golgi region and is involved in targeting both M6P-bearing enzymes ..
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling via glycogen synthase kinase-3 (Gsk-3) regulates DNA methylation of imprinted lociAnthony P Popkie
Graduate Program in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 285:41337-47. 2010..of the de novo DNA methyltransferase Dnmt3a2, causing misexpression of the imprinted genes Igf2, H19, and Igf2r and hypomethylation of their corresponding imprinted control regions...
- Soluble M6P/IGF2R released by TACE controls angiogenesis via blocking plasminogen activationVladimir Leksa
Molecular Immunology Unit, Pathophysiology, Infectiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Circ Res 108:676-85. 2011..We previously identified an important regulator of the uPA system in the mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor (M6P/IGF2R).
- Extra-embryonic-specific imprinted expression is restricted to defined lineages in the post-implantation embryoQuanah J Hudson
CeMM, Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Science, Lazarettgasse 14, AKH BT 25 3, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Dev Biol 353:420-31. 2011..These results show that the VYS is an improved model for studying the epigenetic mechanisms regulating extra-embryonic-lineage-specific imprinted expression...
- Organ-specific defects in insulin-like growth factor and insulin receptor signaling in late gestational asymmetric intrauterine growth restriction in Cited1 mutant miceTatiana Novitskaya
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Endocrinology 152:2503-16. 2011..In conclusion, IUGR disrupts normal fetal IGF and insulin production and is associated with organ-specific defects in IGF-IR and IR signaling that may regulate asymmetric IUGR in late gestational placental insufficiency...
- Two dominant host resistance genes to pre-B lymphoma in wild-derived inbred mouse strain MSM/MsA Pataer
Department of Pathology and Biology of Disease, Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Cancer Res 56:3716-20. 1996..0). All 13 pre-B lymphoma-bearing backcross mice were homozygous for SL/Kh-derived alleles at these loci. We named the gene on chromosome 17 Msmr1 (for MSM resistance 1) and that on chromosome 18 Msmr 2 (for MSM resistance 2)...
- The N terminus of mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor in regulation of fibrinolysis and cell migrationVladimir Leksa
Institute of Immunology, Vienna International Research Cooperation Center at Novartis Forschungs institut, University of Vienna, Vienna A 1235, Austria
J Biol Chem 277:40575-82. 2002..Here we provide evidence that the mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor (CD222) controls CD87-mediated functions...
- Genetic evidence for a mammalian retromer complex containing sorting nexins 1 and 2Courtney T Griffin
Department of Genetics and Carolina Center for Genome Sciences, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15173-7. 2005..Moreover, we find that mammalian retromer complexes containing SNX1 and SNX2 have an essential role in embryonic development that is independent of cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor trafficking...
- Mechanisms for immune tolerance in Pompe DiseaseDwight D Koeberl; Fiscal Year: 2010..These comparisons will guide preclinical experiments to further immunomodulatory gene therapy in Pompe disease and other lysosomal storage disorders. ..
- Gene delivery to striated muscle by systemic AAV vectorsDwight D Koeberl; Fiscal Year: 2010..Efficacious muscle-targeted gene therapy in GSD-II will have implications for gene therapy in other muscular dystrophies and myopathies. ..
- Pathogenesis of autoimmune myositis: Role of MHC Class 1Kanneboyina Nagaraju; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..