Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ifna11
Description: interferon alpha 11
Alias: IFN-[a]11, interferon alpha-11, IFN-alpha-11, interferon alpha family, gene 11, limitin
- Characterization of the murine alpha interferon gene familyVincent van Pesch
University of Louvain, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, MIPA VIRO 74 49, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Virol 78:8219-28. 2004..IFN-alpha, as well as IFN-beta, IFN-kappa, IFN-epsilon, and limitin, are thought to bind the same receptor, raising the question of whether different IFN subtypes possess specific ..
- Preferential binding sites for interferon regulatory factors 3 and 7 involved in interferon-A gene transcriptionPierre Morin
UPR 2228 CNRS, Laboratoire de Régulation Transcriptionnelle et Maladies Génétiques, UFR Biomédicale des Saints Pères, Universite Paris V, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
J Mol Biol 316:1009-22. 2002....
- Interferon-alpha subtype 11 activates NK cells and enables control of retroviral infectionKathrin Gibbert
Institute for Virology of the University Hospital in Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002868. 2012..The type I IFN subtypes 2 and 5, which bind the same receptor as IFN-α11, did not elicit similar antiviral effects. These results demonstrate a unique and subtype-specific activation of NK cells by IFN-α11...
- Isolation and characterization of a novel interferon-alpha-encoding gene, IFN-alpha 11, within a murine IFN clusterC Coulombel
Groupe de Laboratoires de l Institut de Recherches Scientifiques sur le Cancer, UPR 37 C N R S, Villejuif, France
Gene 104:187-95. 1991..Mu IFN-alpha 11, as well as alpha 7 and alpha 8, are not expressed in L929 nor in C243 cells upon viral induction and therefore constitute an interesting model to study Mu IFN-alpha gene repression...
- Repression of the murine interferon alpha 11 gene: identification of negatively acting sequencesA Civas
Institut de Recherches Scientifiques sur le Cancer, UPR 37 CNRS BP No 8, Villejuif, France
Nucleic Acids Res 19:4497-502. 1991The uninducible murine interferon alpha 11 gene (Mu IFN-alpha 11) shows strong homology with the highly inducible Mu IFN-alpha 4 gene in the promoter region...
- Isolation and characterization of a functional murine interferon alpha gene which is not expressed in fibroblasts upon virus inductionS Navarro
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire des Interférons, UPR 37 CNRS, Institut de Recherches Scientifiques sur le Cancer, Villejuif, France
J Gen Virol 70:1381-9. 1989..Although the 5' flanking sequence shows features characteristic of an IFN regulatory region, the MuIFN-alpha 8 gene is not expressed in murine fibroblasts treated with Newcastle disease virus or poly(I).poly(C)...
- Identification of distal silencing elements in the murine interferon-A11 gene promoterP Roffet
Laboratoire de Régulation de l Expression des Gènes Eucaryotes, UPR 37 CNRS, UFR Biomedicale, Universite, René Descartes, Paris, France
Biochem J 317:697-706. 1996..The Mu IFN-A11 gene is the first example within the murine IFN-A family, in which a distal promoter element has been identified that can negatively modulate the transcriptional response to viral induction...
- Diversity and relatedness among the type I interferonsJiabing Chen
Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network and Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Interferon Cytokine Res 24:687-98. 2004....
- Type I interferon production by tertiary lymphoid tissue developing in response to 2,6,10,14-tetramethyl-pentadecane (pristane)Dina C Nacionales
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University of Florida, PO Box 100221, Gainesville, FL 32610 0221, USA
Am J Pathol 168:1227-40. 2006..In view of the increased IFN-I production in systemic lupus erythematosus, these studies suggest that IFN-I from ectopic lymphoid tissue could play a role in the pathogenesis of experimental lupus in mice...
- Insect baculoviruses strongly potentiate adaptive immune responses by inducing type I IFNSandra Hervas-Stubbs
Institut Pasteur, Unite de Regulation Immunitaire et Vaccinologie, Paris, France
J Immunol 178:2361-9. 2007..This study demonstrates that nonpathogenic insect viruses may have a strong effect on the mammalian immune system...