Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ifna11
Description: interferon alpha 11
Alias: IFN-[a]11, interferon alpha-11, IFN-alpha-11, interferon alpha family, gene 11, limitin
- van Pesch V, Lanaya H, Renauld J, Michiels T. Characterization of the murine alpha interferon gene family. J Virol. 2004;78:8219-28 pubmed..IFN-alpha, as well as IFN-beta, IFN-kappa, IFN-epsilon, and limitin, are thought to bind the same receptor, raising the question of whether different IFN subtypes possess specific ..
- Coulombel C, Vodjdani G, Doly J. Isolation and characterization of a novel interferon-alpha-encoding gene, IFN-alpha 11, within a murine IFN cluster. Gene. 1991;104:187-95 pubmed..Mu IFN-alpha 11, as well as alpha 7 and alpha 8, are not expressed in L929 nor in C243 cells upon viral induction and therefore constitute an interesting model to study Mu IFN-alpha gene repression. ..
- Civas A, Dion M, Vodjdani G, Doly J. Repression of the murine interferon alpha 11 gene: identification of negatively acting sequences. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:4497-502 pubmedThe uninducible murine interferon alpha 11 gene (Mu IFN-alpha 11) shows strong homology with the highly inducible Mu IFN-alpha 4 gene in the promoter region...
- Navarro S, Dion M, Vodjdani G, Berlot Picard F, Doly J. Isolation and characterization of a functional murine interferon alpha gene which is not expressed in fibroblasts upon virus induction. J Gen Virol. 1989;70 ( Pt 6):1381-9 pubmed..Although the 5' flanking sequence shows features characteristic of an IFN regulatory region, the MuIFN-alpha 8 gene is not expressed in murine fibroblasts treated with Newcastle disease virus or poly(I).poly(C). ..
- Roffet P, Lopez S, Navarro S, Bandu M, Coulombel C, Vignal M, et al. Identification of distal silencing elements in the murine interferon-A11 gene promoter. Biochem J. 1996;317 ( Pt 3):697-706 pubmed..The Mu IFN-A11 gene is the first example within the murine IFN-A family, in which a distal promoter element has been identified that can negatively modulate the transcriptional response to viral induction. ..
- Morin P, Braganca J, Bandu M, Lin R, Hiscott J, Doly J, et al. Preferential binding sites for interferon regulatory factors 3 and 7 involved in interferon-A gene transcription. J Mol Biol. 2002;316:1009-22 pubmed
- Chen J, Baig E, Fish E. Diversity and relatedness among the type I interferons. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2004;24:687-98 pubmed
- Nacionales D, Kelly K, Lee P, Zhuang H, Li Y, Weinstein J, et al. Type I interferon production by tertiary lymphoid tissue developing in response to 2,6,10,14-tetramethyl-pentadecane (pristane). Am J Pathol. 2006;168:1227-40 pubmed..In view of the increased IFN-I production in systemic lupus erythematosus, these studies suggest that IFN-I from ectopic lymphoid tissue could play a role in the pathogenesis of experimental lupus in mice. ..
- Gibbert K, Joedicke J, Meryk A, Trilling M, Francois S, Duppach J, et al. Interferon-alpha subtype 11 activates NK cells and enables control of retroviral infection. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002868 pubmed publisher..The type I IFN subtypes 2 and 5, which bind the same receptor as IFN-?11, did not elicit similar antiviral effects. These results demonstrate a unique and subtype-specific activation of NK cells by IFN-?11...