Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: If1
Description: NDV-induced circulating interferon
Alias: If-1, NDV-induced circulating interferon
- Genetics of the interferon systemD L Slate
Pharmacol Ther 4:221-30. 1979
- Mouse genotype affects inducible expression of cytokine genesN B Raj
Oncology Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231
J Immunol 148:1934-40. 1992..We propose that the If-1 locus affects the early stages of a signal transduction pathway which are common to the virus-mediated induction of IFN, TNF-alpha, and IL-6 genes...
- Gene with quantitative effect on circulating interferon induced by Newcastle disease virusE De Maeyer
J Virol 3:506-12. 1969..The results indicate that a single, partly dominant, autosomal factor is responsible for the difference in circulating interferon production between both parent strains...
- The role of interferon in the resistance of C57BL/6 mice to various doses of herpes simplex virus type 1R Zawatzky
J Infect Dis 146:405-10. 1982..Thus, endogenous IFN induced after injection with 250 LD50 of HSV-1 protects B6 mice, whereas low doses of virus kill the animals because they do not generate a detectable IFN response at the infection site...
- Location of histocompatibility and interferon loci on chromosome 3 of the mouseL E Mobraaten
J Hered 75:233-4. 1984..The gene order (from centromere) with intervening percent recombination is: ma-19.1(+/- 4.9)-H-23-12.0(+/- 4.0)-VaJ-7.7(+/- 2.2)-H-28-5.9(+/- 2.2)-If-1...
- An X-linked locus influences the amount of circulating interferon induced in the mouse by herpes simplex virus type 1R Zawatzky
J Gen Virol 63:325-32. 1982..It is concluded that the levels of HSV-induced early IFN production are influenced by several autosomal loci and one X-linked locus...
- Use of two-dimensional electrophoresis to identify and map new mouse genesR W Elliott
Genetics 91:295-308. 1979..These eight genes will be useful reference markers in future crosses designed to map new genes...
- Downregulation of Newcastle disease virus (NDV)-dependent IFN-alpha/beta production in macrophages by IFN-induced gene products of the locus If-1R Zawatzky
Institute of Virus Research, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
Res Immunol 143:57-63. 1992..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Endogenous interferon specifically regulates Newcastle disease virus-induced cytokine gene expression in mouse macrophagesR Zawatzky
Institut für Virusforschung, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
J Virol 65:4839-46. 1991..These data suggest that the If-1h and If-1l alleles harbor IFN-inducible genes that, following activation, specifically suppress subsequent cytokine gene expression in response to NDV...
- Analysis of the mouse Amy locus in recombinant inbred mouse strainsP R Paul
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263
Biochem Genet 25:569-79. 1987..Previously reported differences for strains YBR and CE have been confirmed. New segregation data for carbonic anhydrase, a locus near the proximal end of mouse chromosome 3, are presented...
- Differential expression patterns of type I interferon subtypes in mouse embryo fibroblasts: influence of genotype and viral inducerM C Lai
Department of Microbiology, Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre, University of Western Australia, Nedlands
Antiviral Res 24:327-40. 1994..The latter observation fits the proposition that "cross-talk" or feedback between the type I interferon genes and their products is is occurring and that the inducer determines the level of response...
- Complex genetic control of host susceptibility to coxsackievirus B3-induced myocarditisM Aly
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Genes Immun 8:193-204. 2007..7 (P=0.0045), as well as sarcolemmal disruption in females (P=0.0015). These results provide strong evidence for the presence of loci contributing to the susceptibility of mice to viral myocarditis...