Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: If1
Description: NDV-induced circulating interferon
Alias: If-1, NDV-induced circulating interferon
- Slate D, Ruddle F. Genetics of the interferon system. Pharmacol Ther. 1979;4:221-30 pubmed
- Raj N, Cheung S, Rosztoczy I, Pitha P. Mouse genotype affects inducible expression of cytokine genes. J Immunol. 1992;148:1934-40 pubmed..We propose that the If-1 locus affects the early stages of a signal transduction pathway which are common to the virus-mediated induction of IFN, TNF-alpha, and IL-6 genes. ..
- De Maeyer E, De Maeyer Guignard J. Gene with quantitative effect on circulating interferon induced by Newcastle disease virus. J Virol. 1969;3:506-12 pubmed..The results indicate that a single, partly dominant, autosomal factor is responsible for the difference in circulating interferon production between both parent strains. ..
- Zawatzky R, Gresser I, Demaeyer E, Kirchner H. The role of interferon in the resistance of C57BL/6 mice to various doses of herpes simplex virus type 1. J Infect Dis. 1982;146:405-10 pubmed..Thus, endogenous IFN induced after injection with 250 LD50 of HSV-1 protects B6 mice, whereas low doses of virus kill the animals because they do not generate a detectable IFN response at the infection site. ..
- Mobraaten L, Bunker H, DeMaeyer Guignard J, Demaeyer E, Bailey D. Location of histocompatibility and interferon loci on chromosome 3 of the mouse. J Hered. 1984;75:233-4 pubmed..The gene order (from centromere) with intervening percent recombination is: ma-19.1(+/- 4.9)-H-23-12.0(+/- 4.0)-VaJ-7.7(+/- 2.2)-H-28-5.9(+/- 2.2)-If-1. ..
- Zawatzky R, Wurmbaeck H, Falk W, Homfeld A. Endogenous interferon specifically regulates Newcastle disease virus-induced cytokine gene expression in mouse macrophages. J Virol. 1991;65:4839-46 pubmed..These data suggest that the If-1h and If-1l alleles harbor IFN-inducible genes that, following activation, specifically suppress subsequent cytokine gene expression in response to NDV. ..
- Paul P, Elliott R. Analysis of the mouse Amy locus in recombinant inbred mouse strains. Biochem Genet. 1987;25:569-79 pubmed..Previously reported differences for strains YBR and CE have been confirmed. New segregation data for carbonic anhydrase, a locus near the proximal end of mouse chromosome 3, are presented. ..
- Zawatzky R, Wurmbaeck H. Downregulation of Newcastle disease virus (NDV)-dependent IFN-alpha/beta production in macrophages by IFN-induced gene products of the locus If-1. Res Immunol. 1992;143:57-63 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Lai M, Yeow W, Boyer S, Beilharz M. Differential expression patterns of type I interferon subtypes in mouse embryo fibroblasts: influence of genotype and viral inducer. Antiviral Res. 1994;24:327-40 pubmed..The latter observation fits the proposition that "cross-talk" or feedback between the type I interferon genes and their products is is occurring and that the inducer determines the level of response. ..
- Elliott R. Use of two-dimensional electrophoresis to identify and map new mouse genes. Genetics. 1979;91:295-308 pubmed..These eight genes will be useful reference markers in future crosses designed to map new genes. ..
- Zawatzky R, Kirchner H, DeMaeyer Guignard J, Demaeyer E. An X-linked locus influences the amount of circulating interferon induced in the mouse by herpes simplex virus type 1. J Gen Virol. 1982;63:325-32 pubmed..It is concluded that the levels of HSV-induced early IFN production are influenced by several autosomal loci and one X-linked locus. ..
- Aly M, Wiltshire S, Chahrour G, Osti J, Vidal S. Complex genetic control of host susceptibility to coxsackievirus B3-induced myocarditis. Genes Immun. 2007;8:193-204 pubmed..7 (P=0.0045), as well as sarcolemmal disruption in females (P=0.0015). These results provide strong evidence for the presence of loci contributing to the susceptibility of mice to viral myocarditis. ..