Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Grin2a
Description: glutamate receptor, ionotropic, NMDA2A (epsilon 1)
Alias: GluN2A, NMDAR2A, NR2A, glutamate receptor ionotropic, NMDA 2A, GluRepsilon1, N-methyl D-aspartate receptor subtype 2A, glutamate [NMDA] receptor subunit epsilon-1
Publications136 found, 100 shown here
- Unaltered pain-related behavior in mice lacking NMDA receptor GluRepsilon 1 subunitAndrei B Petrenko
Department of Cellular Neurobiology, Brain Research Institute, Niigata University, 1 Asahimachi dori, Japan
Neurosci Res 46:199-204. 2003..Although the contribution of other nociceptive pathways cannot be ruled out, we speculate that the preserved function of GluRepsilon 2-containing NMDARs could explain unaltered nociceptive behavior in mutant mice...
- Zinc alleviates pain through high-affinity binding to the NMDA receptor NR2A subunitChihiro Nozaki
Institut de Génétique et Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, Illkirch, France
Nat Neurosci 14:1017-22. 2011..extracellular zinc modulates a plethora of signaling membrane proteins, including NMDA receptors containing the NR2A subunit, which display exquisite zinc sensitivity...
- Age-dependent reduction of hippocampal LTP in mice lacking N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor epsilon 1 subunitI Ito
Department of Biology, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Neurosci Lett 203:69-71. 1996..The reduction was marginal at the age of 2-3 weeks, and became progressively prominent to adulthood, with the potentiation being 26% of that of the wild-type mice at 9-10 weeks...
- Synapse-selective impairment of NMDA receptor functions in mice lacking NMDA receptor epsilon 1 or epsilon 2 subunitI Ito
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Physiol 500:401-8. 1997..5. These results suggest that NMDA receptors with different subunit compositions function within a single CA3 pyramidal cell in a synapse-selective manner...
- Functional characterization of a heteromeric NMDA receptor channel expressed from cloned cDNAsH Meguro
Department of Neuropharmacology, Brain Research Institute, School of Medicine, Niigata University, Japan
Nature 357:70-4. 1992..Furthermore, the heteromeric NMDA receptor channel can be activated by glycine alone...
- Cloning and expression of the epsilon 4 subunit of the NMDA receptor channelK Ikeda
Department of Neuropharmacology, Niigata University, Japan
FEBS Lett 313:34-8. 1992..The epsilon 4 subunit is thus distinct in functional properties from the epsilon 1, epsilon 2 and epsilon 3 subunits, and contributes further diversity of the NMDA receptor channel...
- Developmental changes in distribution of NMDA receptor channel subunit mRNAsM Watanabe
Department of Anatomy, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Neuroreport 3:1138-40. 1992..In contrast, the zeta 1 subunit mRNA distributes ubiquitously in the brain throughout development. These findings suggest that changes in the subunit composition of the NMDA receptor channel take place during brain development...
- Reduced hippocampal LTP and spatial learning in mice lacking NMDA receptor epsilon 1 subunitK Sakimura
Department of Neuropharmacology, Niigata University, Japan
Nature 373:151-5. 1995..On the basis of the Mg2+ sensitivity and expression patterns, we have proposed that the epsilon 1 (NR2A) and epsilon 2 (NR2B) subunits play a role in synaptic plasticity...
- Modification of NMDA receptor channels and synaptic transmission by targeted disruption of the NR2C geneA K Ebralidze
Center for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139 4307, USA
J Neurosci 16:5014-25. 1996....
- Motor discoordination results from combined gene disruption of the NMDA receptor NR2A and NR2C subunits, but not from single disruption of the NR2A or NR2C subunitH Kadotani
Department of Biological Sciences, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto 606, Japan
J Neurosci 16:7859-67. 1996..The NR1 subunit possesses all properties of the NMDA receptor-channel complex, whereas four NR2 subunits (NR2A-2D) potentiate and differentiate NMDA receptor responses by heteromeric assemblies with NR1...
- Importance of the intracellular domain of NR2 subunits for NMDA receptor function in vivoR Sprengel
Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Department of Molecular Neuroscience, Heidelberg, Germany
Cell 92:279-89. 1998..Mice expressing the NR2B subunit in a C-terminally truncated form (NR2B(deltaC/deltaC) mice) die perinatally. NR2A(deltaC/deltaC) mice are viable but exhibit impaired synaptic plasticity and contextual memory...
- Increased thresholds for long-term potentiation and contextual learning in mice lacking the NMDA-type glutamate receptor epsilon1 subunitY Kiyama
Department of Molecular Neurobiology and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Neurosci 18:6704-12. 1998..The mutant mice lacking the GluRepsilon1 subunit exhibited a reduction in hippocampal long-term potentiation (LTP), but a stronger tetanic stimulation ..
- PSD-95 promotes Fyn-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit NR2AT Tezuka
Department of Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:435-40. 1999..Results showed that tyrosine phosphorylation of NR2A, one of the NMDA receptor subunits, was reduced in fyn-mutant mice...
- Hyperfunction of dopaminergic and serotonergic neuronal systems in mice lacking the NMDA receptor epsilon1 subunitY Miyamoto
Department of Neuropsychopharmacology and Hospital Pharmacy, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya 466 8560, Japan
J Neurosci 21:750-7. 2001..channels, are composed by assembly of the GluRzeta subunit (NR1) with any one of four GluRepsilon subunits (GluRepsilon1-4; NR2A-D). In the present study, we investigated neuronal functions in mice lacking the GluRepsilon1 subunit...
- Overexpression of motor protein KIF17 enhances spatial and working memory in transgenic miceRichard Wing Chuen Wong
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:14500-5. 2002..Our results suggest that the motor protein KIF17 contributes to neuronal events required for learning and memory by trafficking fundamental N-methyl-d-aspartate-type glutamate receptors...
- Developmental loss of miniature N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor currents in NR2A knockout miceMatthew Townsend
Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1340-5. 2003..NMDAR), long implicated in developmental plasticity, shows decay time kinetics that shorten postnatally as NR2A subunits are added to the receptor. Neither the mechanism nor immediate effect of this change is known...
- Locus-specific rescue of GluRepsilon1 NMDA receptors in mutant mice identifies the brain regions important for morphine tolerance and dependenceMakoto Inoue
Division of Molecular Pharmacology and Neuroscience, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8521, Japan
J Neurosci 23:6529-36. 2003..subunit of the NMDA receptor using mice lacking the gene encoding epsilon1 subunit of the NMDA receptor (GluRepsilon1-/- mice)...
- Impaired NMDA receptor-mediated postsynaptic function and blunted NMDA receptor-dependent persistent pain in mice lacking postsynaptic density-93 proteinYuan Xiang Tao
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Neurosci 23:6703-12. 2003..is expressed abundantly in spinal dorsal horn and forebrain, where it colocalizes and interacts with NMDAR subunits NR2A and NR2B...
- Enhancement of neurogenesis by running wheel exercises is suppressed in mice lacking NMDA receptor epsilon 1 subunitT Kitamura
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Kyushu University, 6 10 1 Hakozaki, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Neurosci Res 47:55-63. 2003..These results suggest that the wheel exercise may activate NMDA receptors in the hippocampus, which in turn may enhance BDNF production and neurogenesis...
- Impaired long-term memory and NR2A-type NMDA receptor-dependent synaptic plasticity in mice lacking c-Fos in the CNSAlexander Fleischmann
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Neurosci 23:9116-22. 2003..This blockade was compensated in wild-type mice by NR2A-type NMDA receptor-activated signaling pathways, thus indicating that these pathways are compromised in c-..
- Intracellular domains of NMDA receptor subtypes are determinants for long-term potentiation inductionGeorg Köhr
Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 23:10791-9. 2003..CA3-to-CA1 synapses of adult mice, different NMDAR subtypes with distinct functionality assemble from NR1 with NR2A and/or NR2B subunits...
- Behavioural adaptations to addictive drugs in mice lacking the NMDA receptor epsilon1 subunitYoshiaki Miyamoto
Department of Neuropsychopharmacology and Hospital Pharmacy, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsuruma cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8560, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 19:151-8. 2004..formed by assembly of the GluRzeta subunit (called NR1 in rats) with any one of four GluRepsilon subunits (GluRepsilon1-4; NR2A-D), play an important role in excitatory neurotransmission, synaptic plasticity and brain development...
- Lack of NMDA receptor subtype selectivity for hippocampal long-term potentiationSven Berberich
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 25:6907-10. 2005NMDA receptor (NMDAR) 2A (NR2A)- and NR2B-type NMDARs coexist in synapses of CA1 pyramidal cells...
- Activation of NR2A-containing NMDA receptors is not obligatory for NMDA receptor-dependent long-term potentiationCarl Weitlauf
Center for Molecular Neuroscience, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0615, USA
J Neurosci 25:8386-90. 2005..One particular NR2 subunit, NR2A (NRepsilon1), has been proposed to play an integral role in LTP induction in the hippocampus and cortex...
- The nonkinase phorbol ester receptor alpha 1-chimerin binds the NMDA receptor NR2A subunit and regulates dendritic spine densityThomas J Van de Ven
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Neurosci 25:9488-96. 2005..phorbol ester receptor alpha1-chimerin is present in dendrites and spines, where it binds to the NMDA receptor NR2A subunit in a phorbol ester-dependent manner...
- The role of NMDAR subtypes and charge transfer during hippocampal LTP inductionSven Berberich
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Jahnstrasse 29, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Neuropharmacology 52:77-86. 2007..For high frequency afferent stimulation (HFS), we found that genetic impairment of NR2A or pharmacological block of NR2A- or NR2B-type NMDARs can reduce field LTP...
- NMDA receptor subunit NR2A is required for rapidly acquired spatial working memory but not incremental spatial reference memoryDavid M Bannerman
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3UD, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 28:3623-30. 2008NMDA receptors (NMDARs) containing NR2A (epsilon1) subunits are key contributors to hippocampal long-term potentiation (LTP) induction in adult animals and have therefore been widely implicated in hippocampus-dependent spatial learning...
- NMDA receptor GluN2B (GluR epsilon 2/NR2B) subunit is crucial for channel function, postsynaptic macromolecular organization, and actin cytoskeleton at hippocampal CA3 synapsesKaori Akashi
Department of Cellular Neurobiology, Brain Research Institute, Niigata University, Niigata 951 8585, Japan
J Neurosci 29:10869-82. 2009..By immunohistochemistry, GluN2B disappeared and GluN1 (GluRzeta1/NR1) was moderately reduced, whereas GluN2A (GluRepsilon1/NR2A) and postsynaptic density-95 (PSD-95) were unaltered in the mutant CA3...
- Neurotoxic lupus autoantibodies alter brain function through two distinct mechanismsThomas W Faust
Burke Cornell Medical Research Institute, Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:18569-74. 2010..We have studied lupus AAbs that bind dsDNA and cross-react with the NR2A and NR2B subunits of the NMDA receptor (NMDAR)...
- Activation of extrasynaptic, but not synaptic, NMDA receptors modifies amyloid precursor protein expression pattern and increases amyloid-ß productionKarim Bordji
Unite Mixte de Recherche, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Caen, France
J Neurosci 30:15927-42. 2010..Altogether, these data suggest that a chronic activation of extrasynaptic NMDAR promotes amyloidogenic KPI-APP expression leading to neuronal Aβ release, representing a causal risk factor for developing AD...
- Distinct modes of AMPA receptor suppression at developing synapses by GluN2A and GluN2B: single-cell NMDA receptor subunit deletion in vivoJohn A Gray
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neuron 71:1085-101. 2011..switch in synaptic N-Methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor subunit composition from predominantly GluN2B to GluN2A, though the precise role of this switch remains unknown...
- Evolution of GluN2A/B cytoplasmic domains diversified vertebrate synaptic plasticity and behaviorTomás J Ryan
Genes to Cognition Programme, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge, UK
Nat Neurosci 16:25-32. 2013..shared ancestral functions and diversified subunit-specific functions, we exchanged the exons encoding the GluN2A (also known as Grin2a) and GluN2B (also known as Grin2b) CTDs in two knock-in mice and analyzed the mice's ..
- Molecular diversity of the NMDA receptor channelT Kutsuwada
Department of Neuropharmacology, School of Medicine, Niigata University, Japan
Nature 358:36-41. 1992..These findings suggest that the molecular diversity of the epsilon subunit family underlies the functional heterogeneity of the NMDA receptor channel...
- NMDA receptors interact with flotillin-1 and -2, lipid raft-associated proteinsCatherine Croft Swanwick
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
FEBS Lett 583:1226-30. 2009..Here we demonstrate interactions between the NR2A and NR2B subunits of NMDARs with flotillin-1 (flot-1), a lipid raft-associated protein...
- Distinct distributions of five NMDA receptor channel subunit mRNAs in the brainstemM Watanabe
Department of Anatomy, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Comp Neurol 343:520-31. 1994..These findings suggest that anatomical organization of the epsilon subunits is heterogeneous in various regions of the brainstem, which would give rise to functional diversity of the NMDA receptor channel in these regions...
- Long-trace interval eyeblink conditioning is impaired in mutant mice lacking the NMDA receptor subunit epsilon 1Y Kishimoto
Laboratory of Neurobiophysics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 13:1221-7. 2001....
- NR2A but not NR2B N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit is altered in the visual cortex of BDNF-knock-out miceElisa Margottil
Cognitive Neuroscience Sector, International School for Advanced Studies SISSA, Via Beirut, Trieste, Italy
Cell Mol Neurobiol 23:165-74. 20031. Aim of the present paper is to study the expression of N-Methyl-D-Aspartate receptor (NMDAR) subunits NR2A and NR2B within mouse visual cortex. 2...
- Specific assembly with the NMDA receptor 3B subunit controls surface expression and calcium permeability of NMDA receptorsKeiko Matsuda
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Neurosci 23:10064-73. 2003..that NR3B, when exogenously introduced into hippocampal neurons, can coassemble with endogenous NR1 and NR2A and can reduce the Ca2+ permeability of NMDA currents...
- Long-term NR2B expression in the cerebellum alters granule cell development and leads to NR2A down-regulation and motor deficitsKatalin Schlett
Institute of Cell Biology and Immunology, University of Stuttgart, D 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 27:215-26. 2004..To analyze the importance of NR2B replacement by NR2C and NR2A subunits until the end of the first month of age, we generated mice with lasting NR2B expression but deficiency for ..
- Climbing-fibre activation of NMDA receptors in Purkinje cells of adult miceMassimiliano Renzi
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
J Physiol 585:91-101. 2007..multiple NMDA receptor subtypes are indeed expressed in Purkinje cells of young and adult mice; in the adult, both NR2A- and NR2B-containing subtypes are present...
- Increased NR2A expression and prolonged decay of NMDA-induced calcium transient in cerebellum of TgDyrk1A mice, a mouse model of Down syndromeX Altafaj
Programa Gens i Malatia, Centre de Regulacio Genomica CRG, UPF, Parc de Recerca Biomédica de Barcelona PRBB, Barcelona, Spain
Neurobiol Dis 32:377-84. 2008..Transcriptome analysis showed an upregulation of the NR2A subunit of the NMDA type of glutamate receptors in TgDyrk1A cerebellum...
- Dysbindin regulates hippocampal LTP by controlling NMDA receptor surface expressionTina Tze Tsang Tang
Receptor Biology Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Section on Neural Development and Plasticity, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 3714, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:21395-400. 2009..Imaging analyses revealed a marked increase in surface NR2A, but not NR2B, in hippocampal neurons derived from dysbindin-null mutant mice (Dys-/-)...
- Slitrk5 deficiency impairs corticostriatal circuitry and leads to obsessive-compulsive-like behaviors in miceSergey V Shmelkov
1 Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Ansary Stem Cell Institute and Department of Genetic Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA 2 These authors contributed equally to this work
Nat Med 16:598-602, 1p following 602. 2010..Thus, our studies identify Slitrk5 as an essential molecule at corticostriatal synapses and provide a new mouse model of OCD-like behaviors...
- Specific involvement of postsynaptic GluN2B-containing NMDA receptors in the developmental elimination of corticospinal synapsesTakae Ohno
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Teikyo University, Tokyo 173 8605, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:15252-7. 2010The GluN2B (GluRepsilon2/NR2B) and GluN2A (GluRepsilon1/NR2A) NMDA receptor (NMDAR) subtypes have been differentially implicated in activity-dependent synaptic plasticity...
- Postsynaptic alteration of NR2A subunit and defective autophosphorylation of alphaCaMKII at threonine-286 contribute to abnormal plasticity and morphology of upper motor neurons in presymptomatic SOD1G93A mice, a murine model for amyotrophic lateral sclerA Spalloni
Department of Experimental Neurology, Santa Lucia Foundation, 00143 Rome, Italy
Cereb Cortex 21:796-805. 2011..We show that presymptomatic SOD1(G93A) exhibit a selective decrease of NR2A subunit expression and of the alphaCa²(+)/calmodulin-dependent kinase autophosphorylation at threonine-286 in the ..
- D-amino acid oxidase knockdown in the mouse cerebellum reduces NR2A mRNAPhilip W J Burnet
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 46:167-75. 2011..subunits, and found that DAO RNAi led to increased cerebellar D-serine levels (+77%), and decreased NMDAR subunit NR2A mRNA (-22%), but did not affect NR1 or NR2C mRNAs...
- Triheteromeric NR1/NR2A/NR2B receptors constitute the major N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor population in adult hippocampal synapsesClaudia Rauner
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Jahnstrasse 29, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:7558-66. 2011..function of synaptic NMDARs in postnatal principal forebrain neurons is typically attributed to diheteromeric NR1/NR2A and NR1/NR2B receptors, despite compelling evidence for triheteromeric NR1/NR2A/NR2B receptors...
- Short-term field stimulation mimics synaptic maturation of hippocampal synapsesElena E Bagley
Discipline of Pharmacology, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Physiol 590:1641-54. 2012..a developmental decrease in the probability of transmitter release (P(r)) and an increase in the contribution of GluN2A (NR2A) subunits to the NMDA receptor-mediated excitatory postsynaptic current (EPSC)...
- Dichotomy in the anxiolytic versus antidepressant effect of C-terminal truncation of the GluN2A subunit of NMDA receptorsDragos Inta
RG Animal Models in Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Central Institute of Mental Health, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Behav Brain Res 247:227-31. 2013..In line with this concept, ablation of the GluN2A subunit of NMDA receptors induces antidepressant and anxiolytic effects...
- Tolerance to ethanol intoxication after chronic ethanol: role of GluN2A and PSD-95Rachel A Daut
Laboratory of Behavioral and Genomic Neuroscience, National Institute on Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Addict Biol 20:259-62. 2015The neural and genetic factors underlying chronic tolerance to alcohol are currently unclear. The GluN2A N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors (NMDAR) subunit and the NMDAR-anchoring protein PSD-95 mediate acute alcohol intoxication and ..
- Loss of GluN2A-containing NMDA receptors impairs extra-dimensional set-shiftingK Marquardt
Department of Neurosciences, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Genes Brain Behav 13:611-7. 2014..We have previously shown that constitutive deletion of GluN2A subunit in the mouse impairs discrimination and re-learning phase of reversal when exemplars are complex picture ..
- Channel-mediated astrocytic glutamate modulates hippocampal synaptic plasticity by activating postsynaptic NMDA receptorsHyungju Park
Mol Brain 8:7. 2015..Whether receptor-mediated glutamate release from astrocytes can regulate synaptic plasticity remains to be fully understood...
- Redox and trace metal regulation of ion channels in the pain pathwayJ Grayson Evans
Department of Anesthesiology, Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, U S A Department of Neuroscience, Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, U S A
Biochem J 470:275-80. 2015....
- Early Growth Response 1 (Egr-1) Regulates N-Methyl-d-aspartate Receptor (NMDAR)-dependent Transcription of PSD-95 and α-Amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole Propionic Acid Receptor (AMPAR) Trafficking in Hippocampal Primary NeuronsXike Qin
From the Bloomfield Center for Research in Aging, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Jewish General Hospital, and
J Biol Chem 290:29603-16. 2015..Our data indicate that Egr-1 is involved in NMDAR-mediated PSD-95 down-regulation and AMPAR endocytosis, a process important in the expression of long term depression. ..
- A family of photoswitchable NMDA receptorsShai Berlin
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, United States
elife 5:. 2016..Photo-agonism of GluN2A or GluN2B elicits an excitatory drive to hippocampal neurons that can be shaped in time to mimic synaptic ..
- Female mouse fetal loss mediated by maternal autoantibodyLi Wang
Center for Autoimmune and Musculoskeletal Diseases, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Northshore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
J Exp Med 209:1083-9. 2012..A subset of these antibodies, present in 40% of patients, cross-reacts with the NR2A and NR2B subunits of the N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor (NMDAR)...
- [Different distribution of NMDA receptor subunits in cortex contributes to selective vulnerability of motor neurons in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis]Mei Zheng
Department of Neurology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 43:228-33. 2011..To investigate the relationship between different distribution of NMDA receptor subunits and motor neurons selective vulnerability in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis...
- Regulation of nuclear TDP-43 by NR2A-containing NMDA receptors and PTENMei Zheng
Department of Neurology, Peking University Third Hospital, 49 North Garden Road, Beijing, 100191, China
J Cell Sci 125:1556-67. 2012..We further demonstrate that activation of NR2A-containing NMDA receptors (NR2ARs) leads to PTEN downregulation and subsequent reduction of PTEN import from the ..
- Interaction between αCaMKII and GluN2B controls ERK-dependent plasticityFarida El Gaamouch
Universite de Caen Basse Normandie, CNRS UMR 6232, CINAPS PSY, 14 000 Caen, France
J Neurosci 32:10767-79. 2012..although synaptic activation in mouse cultured cortical neurons induces intracellular Ca(2+) elevation via both GluN2A and GluN2B-containing NMDARs, only GluN2B-containing NMDAR activation leads to a long-lasting ERK1/2 ..
- Optimal expression of cloned NMDAR1/NMDAR2A heteromeric glutamate receptors: a biochemical characterizationM Cik
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, London, U K
Biochem J 296:877-83. 1993The N-methyl-D-aspartate R1 (NMDAR1) and NMDAR2A subunits were expressed transiently either alone or in combination in human embryonic kidney (HEK) 293 cells...
- Molecular characterization of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors expressed in mammalian cells yields evidence for the coexistence of three subunit types within a discrete receptor moleculeP L Chazot
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, London, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 269:24403-9. 1994..These results show that the three NMDA receptor subunit types can co-assemble following their co-expression in mammalian cells with a pharmacological profile that is similar to that found for adult cerebellar NMDA receptors...
- N-methyl-D-aspartic acid receptor structure and functionC J McBain
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Neurophysiology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
Physiol Rev 74:723-60. 1994
- The NMDA receptor subunit 2B locus (Nmdar2b) maps to the distal end of murine chromosome 6A R Madarnas
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Division of Neurobiology and Molecular Immunology, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mamm Genome 5:115-6. 1994
- Chromosomal localization of the epsilon 1, epsilon 3 and zeta 1 subunit genes of the human NMDA receptor channelH Takano
Department of Neurology, Niigata University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 197:922-6. 1993..By the fluorescence in situ hybridization, we mapped the genes for the epsilon 1, epsilon 3 and zeta 1 subunits of the human NMDA receptor channel to chromosomes 16p13, 17q25 and 9q34, respectively...
- Differential expression and co-assembly of NMDA zeta 1 and epsilon subunits in the mouse cerebellum during postnatal developmentM Didier
Laboratories for Molecular Neuroscience, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02178, USA
Neuroreport 6:2255-9. 1995..The time course of their expression suggest, that these NMDA receptor subtypes may contribute to specific aspects of granule cell differentiation in the cerebellum...
- Regional and subunit specific changes in NMDA receptor mRNA and immunoreactivity in mouse brain following chronic ethanol ingestionL D Snell
Department of Pharmacology C236, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 40:71-8. 1996..protein in the hippocampus and cerebellum (approximately 50% and 95%, respectively), and produces increases in the NR2A subunit protein in the hippocampus and cortex (approximately 25% and 40%, respectively)...
- Modified N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit expression emerges in reeler Purkinje cells after accomplishment of the adult wild-type expressionM Watanabe
Department of Anatomy, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Neurosci Res 26:335-43. 1996..The present results further indicate that the onset of the modified expression is subsequent to the establishment of synaptic connectivities in the cerebellum...
- Gene structure and chromosomal localization of the mouse NMDA receptor channel subunitsM Nagasawa
Department of Neuropharmacology, Niigata University, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 36:1-11. 1996..The murine chromosomal locations of the five NMDA receptor channel subunits, the epsilon 1 (Grin2a), epsilon 2 (Grin2b), epsilon 3 (Grin2c), epsilon 4 (Grin2d) and zeta 1 (Grinl) subunits, were determined using an ..
- Auditory pathway and auditory brainstem response in mice lacking NMDA receptor epsilon 1 and epsilon 4 subunitsY Munemoto
Department of Otolaryngology, Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Neurosci Lett 251:101-4. 1998..These results suggest a role for the NMDAR epsilon 4 in normal auditory functions while the NMDAR epsilon 1 may have a less critical function under normal conditions...
- Attenuation of focal ischemic brain injury in mice deficient in the epsilon1 (NR2A) subunit of NMDA receptorE Morikawa
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Tokyo Faculty of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Neurosci 18:9727-32. 1998..To address this central issue of ischemic brain damage more directly, we used mutant mice deficient in the GluRepsilon1 (NR2A) subunit of NMDA receptor with or without additional heterozygous mutation in the GluRepsilon2 (NR2B) ..
- Maintenance of serotonin in the intestinal mucosa and ganglia of mice that lack the high-affinity serotonin transporter: Abnormal intestinal motility and the expression of cation transportersJ J Chen
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 21:6348-61. 2001..The watery diarrhea is probably attributable to the potentiation of serotonergic signaling in SERT -/- mice, whereas the transient constipation may be caused by episodes of enhanced 5-HT release leading to 5-HT receptor desensitization...
- Roles of the glutamate receptor epsilon2 and delta2 subunits in the potentiation and prepulse inhibition of the acoustic startle reflexT Takeuchi
Department of Molecular Neurobiology and Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo and CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 14:153-60. 2001....
- BDNF regulates spontaneous correlated activity at early developmental stages by increasing synaptogenesis and expression of the K+/Cl- co-transporter KCC2Fernando Aguado
Department of Cell Biology Faculty of Biology, and Barcelona Science Park, University of Barcelona, Barcelona 08028, Spain
Development 130:1267-80. 2003..Given that BDNF itself is regulated by neuronal activity, we suggest that BDNF acts as a homeostatic factor controlling the emergence, complexity and networking properties of spontaneous networks...
- Separable features of visual cortical plasticity revealed by N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 2A signalingMichela Fagiolini
Neuronal Circuit Development, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, RIKEN, Brain Science Institute, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2854-9. 2003..The shortening of N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptor currents by 2A subunit (NR2A) insertion has been proposed to delimit the critical period for experience-dependent refinement of circuits in ..
- Retention of NMDA receptor NR2 subunits in the lumen of endoplasmic reticulum in targeted NR1 knockout miceMasahiro Fukaya
Department of Anatomy, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:4855-60. 2003..The NR1 gene deletion had no apparent effect on the levels of NR2A or NR2B mRNA but led to severe reductions of NR2A and NR2B protein in dendrites of CA1 pyramidal cells...
- Role of beta-catenin in synaptic vesicle localization and presynaptic assemblyShernaz X Bamji
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neuron 40:719-31. 2003..This study defines a specific role for cadherins and catenins in synapse organization beyond their roles in mediating cell adhesion...
- Reduced sensitivity to ketamine and pentobarbital in mice lacking the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor GluRepsilon1 subunitAndrey B Petrenko
Department of Anesthesiology, Niigata University School of Medicine, Japan
Anesth Analg 99:1136-40, table of contents. 2004..Functional NMDARs are composed by the assembly of a GluRzeta1 (NR1) subunit with GluRepsilon (GluRepsilon1-4; NR2A-D) subunits, which confer unique properties on native NMDARs...
- Phosphorylation state of postsynaptic density proteinsJ C Trinidad
Mass Spectrometry Facility, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Neurochem 92:1306-16. 2005..This approach for the specific enrichment of phosphopeptides resulted in the identification of 42 phosphoproteins in the PSD preparation, 39 of which are known PSD components. Here we present a total of 83 in vivo phosphorylation sites...
- Roles of NMDA NR2B subtype receptor in prefrontal long-term potentiation and contextual fear memoryMing Gao Zhao
Laboratory of Higher Brain Functions, Institute of Neurobiology, Fudan University, 220 Han Dan Road, Shanghai 200433, China
Neuron 47:859-72. 2005..In particular, it has been suggested that NR2A-containing NMDA receptors are involved in LTP induction, whereas NR2B-containing receptors are involved in LTD ..
- Involvement of N-methyl-D-aspartate-type glutamate receptor epsilon1 and epsilon4 subunits in tonic inflammatory pain and neuropathic painMasanori Hizue
Discovery Biology Research, Nagoya Laboratories, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Pfizer Inc, Aichi, Japan
Neuroreport 16:1667-70. 2005..These results suggest that glutamate receptor epsilon1 and epsilon4 subunits are involved in tonic inflammatory pain and neuropathic allodynia, respectively...
- Obligatory role of NR2A for metaplasticity in visual cortexBenjamin D Philpot
Curriculum in Neurobiology, Neuroscience Center, and Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 105 Mason Farm Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Neuron 53:495-502. 2007..The decreased LTD/P threshold correlates with a decrease in the ratio of NR2A to NR2B subunits of cortical NMDA receptors (NMDARs) and a slowing of NMDAR-mediated excitatory postsynaptic ..
- NMDA receptor function and NMDA receptor-dependent phosphorylation of huntingtin is altered by the endocytic protein HIP1Martina Metzler
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, Child and Family Research Institute, Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 4H4
J Neurosci 27:2298-308. 2007..These findings may provide novel insights into the cellular mechanisms underlying enhanced NMDA-induced excitotoxicity in Huntington's disease...
- Signal pathways coupled to activation of neuronal nitric oxide synthase in the spinal cord by nociceptin/orphanin FQLi Xu
Department of Medical Chemistry, Kansai Medical University, 10 15 Fumizono, Moriguchi 570 8506, Japan
Neuropharmacology 52:1318-25. 2007..by the NR2B-selective antagonist CP-101,606; and the stimulated activity was observed in NR2D(-/-) mice, but not in NR2A(-/-) or NR2A(-/-)/NR2D(-/-) mice...
- Long-lasting NMDA receptor-mediated EPSCs in mouse striatal medium spiny neuronsStephen M Logan
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Neurophysiol 98:2693-704. 2007..slice preparations from postnatal day 6-8 (P6-8) and >P12 wild-type mice and mice that were lacking either the NR2A or the NR2C subunit of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor...
- Nicotine regulates multiple synaptic proteins by inhibiting proteasomal activityKhosrow Rezvani
Department of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurosci 27:10508-19. 2007..nicotine treatment increased the levels of the AMPA glutamate receptor subunit GluR1, the NMDA receptor subunit NR2A, the metabotropic receptor mGluR1alpha, the plasticity factor Homer-1A, and the scaffolding postsynaptic density ..
- Post-synaptic density-93 mediates tyrosine-phosphorylation of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsY Sato
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuroscience 153:700-8. 2008..density (PSD) -93, a member of the MAGUK family of proteins, interacts with the NMDA receptor subunits NR2A and NR2B as well as with Fyn, a member of the SFKs, in mouse cerebral cortex...
- Impaired maturation of dendritic spines without disorganization of cortical cell layers in mice lacking NRG1/ErbB signaling in the central nervous systemClaudia S Barros
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Childhood and Neglected Disease, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:4507-12. 2009..We conclude that ErbB2/B4-mediated NRG1 signaling modulates dendritic spine maturation, and that defects at glutamatergic synapses likely contribute to the behavioral abnormalities in ErbB2/B4-deficient mice...
- NR2A at CA1 synapses is obligatory for the susceptibility of hippocampal plasticity to sleep lossFabio Longordo
Department of Cell Biology and Morphology, University of Lausanne, CH 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Neurosci 29:9026-41. 2009..We show that mild (4-6 h) sleep deprivation (SD) selectively augmented the number of NR2A subunits of NMDA receptors on postsynaptic densities of adult mouse CA1 synapses...
- Hippocampal NMDA receptor subunits differentially regulate fear memory formation and neuronal signal propagationCan Gao
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and The Asher Center for the Study and Treatment of Depressive Disorders, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hippocampus 20:1072-82. 2010..Here we demonstrate, using intrahippocampal injection of subunit-selective compounds, that the NR2A-preferring antagonist impaired contextual and trace fear conditioning as well as learning-induced increase of the ..
- Involvement of NMDAR2A tyrosine phosphorylation in depression-related behaviourSachiko Taniguchi
Division of Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
EMBO J 28:3717-29. 2009..The NR2A subunit of the NMDA receptor is tyrosine-phosphorylated, with Tyr 1325 as its one of the major phosphorylation site...
- N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit- and neuronal-type dependence of excitotoxic signaling through post-synaptic density 95Jing Fan
Graduate Program in Neuroscience, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Neurochem 115:1045-56. 2010..Tat-NR2B9c, a membrane-permeant peptide that disrupts PSD-95/NMDAR binding, correlate with uncoupling NR2B- and/or NR2A-type NMDARs from PSD-95...
- NR3A-containing NMDARs promote neurotransmitter release and spike timing-dependent plasticityRylan S Larsen
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Nat Neurosci 14:338-44. 2011..Our findings indicate that NR3A relieves preNMDARs from the dual-activation requirement of ligand-binding and depolarization; the developmental removal of NR3A limits preNMDAR functionality by restoring this associative property...
- NMDA receptors in retrosplenial cortex are necessary for retrieval of recent and remote context fear memoryKevin A Corcoran
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Asher Center for the Study and Treatment of Depressive Disorders, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurosci 31:11655-9. 2011..RSC-dependent context fear memory retrieval was mediated by NR2A, but not NR2B, subunit-containing NMDARs...
- Human N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor modulatory subunit hNR2A: cloning and sequencing of the cDNA and primary structure of the proteinR L Foldes
Allelix Biopharmaceuticals Inc, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1223:155-9. 1994..The hNR2A cDNA demonstrated an 88-89% nucleotide (nt) identity with the corresponding rodent cDNAs. The nt sequence of hNR2A would encode a 1464-aa protein that has a 95.2% identity with the rodent NR2A subunits.
- Functional correlation of NMDA receptor epsilon subunits expression with the properties of single-channel and synaptic currents in the developing cerebellumT Takahashi
Department of Neurophysiology, Institute for Brain Research, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Neurosci 16:4376-82. 1996....
- Chronic ethanol treatment produces a selective upregulation of the NMDA receptor subunit gene expression in mammalian cultured cortical neuronsX J Hu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284 7764, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 36:211-8. 1996..The altered NMDA receptor gene expression may be responsible for the observed upregulation of the NMDA receptor binding and function in the cortical neurons following chronic ethanol exposure...
- Biochemical evidence for the existence of a pool of unassembled C2 exon-containing NR1 subunits of the mammalian forebrain NMDA receptorP L Chazot
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biological Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, London, England
J Neurochem 68:507-16. 1997..M NaCl solubilised extracts yielded purification of the NR1 Mr 120,000 immunoreactive species, but no detectable NR2A or NR2B immunoreactivity...
- Conditioned eyeblink response is impaired in mutant mice lacking NMDA receptor subunit NR2AY Kishimoto
Laboratory of Neurobiophysics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Neuroreport 8:3717-21. 1997..To elucidate the roles of subunits NR2A and NR2C in motor learning, we investigated acquisition of the classically conditioned eyeblink response in a ..
- Attenuation of focal cerebral infarct in mice lacking NMDA receptor subunit NR2CH Kadotani
Department of Biological Sciences, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Neuroreport 9:471-5. 1998..NR2C-deficient mice do not show impairment of motor coordination or motor learning. Therefore the development of drugs selectively inhibiting NR2C may prove beneficial in the treatment of stroke and traumatic brain injuries...
- Distribution and development of NMDA receptor activities at hippocampal synapses examined using mice lacking the epsilon1 subunit geneI Ito
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science 33, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Neurosci Res 30:119-23. 1998..The LTP at the CA3 stratum oriens synapses was not significantly affected by the mutation at any age...
- Neural Substrates of Contextual Regulation of ExtinctionKevin Corcoran; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the neural mechanisms of contextual regulation of extinction could lead to more effective therapies for PTSD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..