Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Grik2
Description: glutamate receptor, ionotropic, kainate 2 (beta 2)
Alias: AW124492, GluK2, Glur-6, Glur6, Glurbeta2, glutamate receptor ionotropic, kainate 2, gluR beta-2, glutamate receptor 6, glutamate receptor beta-2
- Altered synaptic physiology and reduced susceptibility to kainate-induced seizures in GluR6-deficient miceC Mulle
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 392:601-5. 1998..We have now generated mutant mice lacking the kainate-receptor subunit GluR6. The hippocampal neurons in the CA3 region of these mutant mice are much less sensitive to kainate...
- Glucocorticoid adrenal steroids and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase isoforms in the regulation of GluR6 expressionNathalie Strutz-Seebohm
Department of Physiology I, University of Tuebingen, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
J Physiol 565:391-401. 2005..of mice with the glucocorticoid dexamethasone (238 microg day-1 for 8-20 days) enhances hippocampal expression of GluR6. Immunohistochemistry reveals significantly enhanced GluR6 protein abundance at neurones but not at astrocytes in ..
- Co-assembly of two GluR6 kainate receptor splice variants within a functional protein complexFrançoise Coussen
Laboratoire Physiologie Cellulaire de la Synapse, CNRS, UMR 5091, Institut Francois Magendie, Universite Bordeaux, 2, rue C Saint Saëns, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Neuron 47:555-66. 2005..Here we show that two splice variants of the GluR6 subunit, GluR6a and GluR6b, which differ in their C-terminal domains, do not show distinct functional properties, ..
- Developmental changes in retrograde messengers involved in depolarization-induced suppression of excitation at parallel fiber-Purkinje cell synapses in rodentsFrancis Crepel
Pharmacologie de la Synapse, Institut de Biochimie et Biophysique Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Batiment 430, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
J Neurophysiol 97:824-36. 2007..In nearly mature wild-type and GluR6 -/- mice, results fully confirmed the presence of an endocannabinoid-independent component of DSE that involves ..
- Gbeta5-RGS complexes co-localize with mGluR6 in retinal ON-bipolar cellsCatherine W Morgans
Neurological Sciences Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
Eur J Neurosci 26:2899-905. 2007....
- Kainate receptor-mediated synaptic transmission in the adult anterior cingulate cortexLong Jun Wu
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Medical Sciences Bldg, Rm 3342, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Neurophysiol 94:1805-13. 2005..High-frequency repetitive stimulation significantly facilitated the KA EPSCs. Genetic deletion of the GluR6 or GluR5 subunit significantly reduced, and GluR5 and 6 double knockout completely abolished, KA EPSCs and KA-..
- KRIP6: a novel BTB/kelch protein regulating function of kainate receptorsFernanda Laezza
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 34:539-50. 2007..domain at a site distinct from the PDZ-binding motif and it co-immunoprecipitates with recombinant and endogenous GluR6. Co-expression of KRIP6 alters GluR6 mediated currents in a heterologous expression system reducing peak current ..
- Recruitment of the kainate receptor subunit glutamate receptor 6 by cadherin/catenin complexesFrançoise Coussen
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite mixte de recherche 5091, Institut Francois Magendie, Paris 75005, France
J Neurosci 22:6426-36. 2002..We have generated transgenic mice expressing the kainate receptor subunit glutamate receptor 6 (GluR6) bearing an extracellular myc epitope (myc-GluR6), in forebrain neurons, in which it assembles with ..
- Kainate receptors: pharmacology, function and therapeutic potentialDavid E Jane
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, MRC Centre for Synaptic Plasticity, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Neuropharmacology 56:90-113. 2009..This potential has now been confirmed in dental pain and migraine in initial studies in man...
- A transmembrane accessory subunit that modulates kainate-type glutamate receptorsWei Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Neuron 61:385-96. 2009..of NETO2 and that NETO2 protein levels and surface expression are decreased in mice lacking the kainate receptor GluR6. The results show that NETO2 is a kainate receptor subunit with significant effects on glutamate signaling ..
- Kainate receptors act as conditional amplifiers of spike transmission at hippocampal mossy fiber synapsesShankar Sachidhanandam
Centre National de Recherche Scientifique CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche 5091, Bordeaux Neuroscience Institute, University of Bordeaux, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Neurosci 29:5000-8. 2009..By analyzing mice deficient for GluK2 (GluR6), GluK3 (GluR7) and GluK5 (KA2) genes we show that kainate receptors (KARs) play a crucial role in the ..
- Identification of Modifier Genes in a Mouse Model of Gaucher DiseaseAndres D Klein
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Cell Rep 16:2546-53. 2016..Our data identify putative modifier genes that may be involved in determining GD severity, which might help elucidate phenotypic variability between patients with similar GD mutations. ..
- Neto1 is an auxiliary subunit of native synaptic kainate receptorsMan Tang
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, The Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Neurosci 31:10009-18. 2011..In Neto1-null mice, there was an ∼50% reduction in the abundance of GluK2-KARs in hippocampal PSDs...
- Modulation of GluK2a subunit-containing kainate receptors by 14-3-3 proteinsChangcheng Sun
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, Shanghai Key Laboratory for Tumor Microenvironment and Inflammation, Institute of Medical Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
J Biol Chem 288:24676-90. 2013..Collectively, these results demonstrate that 14-3-3 proteins are an important regulator of GluK2a-containing KARs and may contribute to the slow decay kinetics of native KAR-EPSCs. ..
- Role of GluK1 kainate receptors in seizures, epileptic discharges, and epileptogenesisBrita Fritsch
Epilepsy Research Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, Department of Neurology, University Hospital, 79106 Freiburg, Germany, and Department of Neurology, School of Medicine and Center for Neuroscience, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California 95817
J Neurosci 34:5765-75. 2014..agonist of kainate receptors that include the GluK1 subunit, in conjunction with mice deficient in GluK1 and GluK2 kainate receptor subunits to assess the role of GluK1 kainate receptors in provoking seizures and in kindling ..
- Coexistence of two forms of LTP in ACC provides a synaptic mechanism for the interactions between anxiety and chronic painKohei Koga
Center for Neuron and Disease, Frontier Institute of Science and Technology, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710049, China Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5S 1A8, Canada
Neuron 85:377-89. 2015..Our results provide a mechanism by which two forms of LTP in the ACC may converge to mediate the interaction between anxiety and chronic pain...
- Contribution of aberrant GluK2-containing kainate receptors to chronic seizures in temporal lobe epilepsyAngélique Peret
INSERM, INMED, U901, 13009 Marseille, France Aix Marseille Université, UMR 901, 13009 Marseille, France
Cell Rep 8:347-54. 2014..In an in vitro model of TLE, seizure-like activity was minimized in mice lacking the GluK2 subunit, which is a main component of aberrant synaptic KARs at rMF synapses...
- DeCoN: genome-wide analysis of in vivo transcriptional dynamics during pyramidal neuron fate selection in neocortexBradley J Molyneaux
Department of Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Neuron 85:275-88. 2015..This multifaceted study generates a powerful resource and informs understanding of the transcriptional regulation underlying pyramidal neuron diversity in the neocortex...
- Elfn1 recruits presynaptic mGluR7 in trans and its loss results in seizuresNaoko H Tomioka
1 Laboratory for Behavioral and Developmental Disorders, RIKEN Brain Science Institute BSI, Wako Shi, Saitama 351 0198, Japan 2
Nat Commun 5:4501. 2014..These results reveal a novel mechanism for interneuron subtype-specific neural circuit establishment and define a common basis bridging neurological disorders. ..
- Parkin regulates kainate receptors by interacting with the GluK2 subunitAnnamaria Maraschi
IRCCS Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Department of Neurology and Laboratory of Neuroscience, Cusano Milanino, 20095 Milan, Italy
Nat Commun 5:5182. 2014..Here we show that parkin interacts with the kainate receptor (KAR) GluK2 subunit and regulates KAR function...
- Developmental expression patterns of kainate receptors in the mouse spinal cordShaoqian Cui
Department of Orthopedics, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Neuroreport 23:1012-6. 2012..At E16.5, Grik2 and Grik3 were mainly expressed in the dorsal horns whereas Grik5 was expressed in the entire spinal cord...
- Excitatory glutamate is essential for development and maintenance of the piloneural mechanoreceptorSeung Hyun Woo
Department of Pathology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Development 139:740-8. 2012..Collectively, these results show that DRG-derived glutamate is essential for the proper development, maintenance and sensory function of the piloneural mechanoreceptor...
- Deficits in morphofunctional maturation of hippocampal mossy fiber synapses in a mouse model of intellectual disabilityFrederic Lanore
Interdisciplinary Institute for Neuroscience, University of Bordeaux, and CNRS UMR 5297, F 33000 Bordeaux, France
J Neurosci 32:17882-93. 2012The grik2 gene, coding for the kainate receptor subunit GluK2 (formerly GluR6), is associated with autism spectrum disorders and intellectual disability...
- Patterned expression of ion channel genes in mouse dorsal raphe nucleus determined with the Allen Mouse Brain AtlasJ Scott Templin
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative, and Pain Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Brain Res 1457:1-12. 2012..The identified genes likely contribute to unique excitable properties of different groups of neurons in the DR and may include novel pharmacologic targets for affective disorders...
- Short-term plasticity of kainate receptor-mediated EPSCs induced by NMDA receptors at hippocampal mossy fiber synapsesNelson Rebola
Laboratoire Physiologie Cellulaire de la Synapse, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite mixte de recherche 5091, Bordeaux Neuroscience Institute, University of Bordeaux 2, 33077 Bordeaux, France
J Neurosci 27:3987-93. 2007..Hence, this study describes a form of short-term synaptic plasticity that is postsynaptic, depends on the temporal order of presynaptic and postsynaptic spiking, and likely affects the summation properties of mossy fiber EPSPs...
- Localization of glutamate receptors to distal dendrites depends on subunit composition and the kinesin motor protein KIF17N Kayadjanian
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, PO Box 85800, La Jolla, CA 92186 5800, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 34:219-30. 2007..We find that the GluR5 distribution depends on association with GluR6 and KA2 subunits...
- Distinct subunits in heteromeric kainate receptors mediate ionotropic and metabotropic function at hippocampal mossy fiber synapsesArnaud Ruiz
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire de la Synapse, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 5091, Universite Bordeaux 2, 33077 Bordeaux, France
J Neurosci 25:11710-8. 2005Heteromeric kainate receptors (KARs) containing both glutamate receptor 6 (GluR6) and KA2 subunits are involved in KAR-mediated EPSCs at mossy fiber synapses in CA3 pyramidal cells...
- Altered long-term synaptic plasticity and kainate-induced Ca2+ transients in the substantia gelatinosa neurons in GLU(K6)-deficient miceDong Ho Youn
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 142:9-18. 2005..These results indicate that unique expression of kainate receptors subunits is important in regulating spinal synaptic plasticity and thereby processing of sensory information, including pain...
- Altered behavioral responses to noxious stimuli and fear in glutamate receptor 5 (GluR5)- or GluR6-deficient miceShanelle Ko
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, and Centre for the Study of Pain, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Neurosci 25:977-84. 2005..to capsaicin or inflammatory pain were significantly reduced in mice lacking glutamate receptor 5 (GluR5) but not GluR6 subunits...
- Differential trafficking of GluR7 kainate receptor subunit splice variantsFrédéric Jaskolski
Laboratoire Physiologie Cellulaire de la Synapse, CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche 5091, Institut Francois Magendie, Universite Bordeaux 2, France
J Biol Chem 280:22968-76. 2005..Alternative splicing is known to regulate surface expression of GluR5 and GluR6 subunits...
- GluR7 is an essential subunit of presynaptic kainate autoreceptors at hippocampal mossy fiber synapsesPaulo S Pinheiro
Laboratoire Physiologie Cellulaire de la Synapse, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Bordeaux Neuroscience Institute, University of Bordeaux, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:12181-6. 2007..Our data suggest that presynaptic KARs are GluR6/GluR7 heteromers that coassemble and are localized within synapses...
- Genetic evidence for the requirement of adenylyl cyclase 1 in synaptic scaling of forebrain cortical neuronsBo Gong
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Neurosci 26:275-88. 2007..AC1 plays a subtype selective role in this process by coupling signals from L-type Ca(2+) channels to downstream signalling pathways...
- Evidence for the involvement of the kainate receptor subunit GluR6 (GRIK2) in mediating behavioral displays related to behavioral symptoms of maniaG Shaltiel
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Psychiatry 13:858-72. 2008The glutamate receptor 6 (GluR6 or GRIK2, one of the kainate receptors) gene resides in a genetic linkage region (6q21) associated with bipolar disorder (BPD), but its function in affective regulation is unknown...
- Molecular determinants of kainate receptor traffickingF Coussen
CNRS UMR 5091, Laboratoire Physiologie Cellulaire de la Synapse, Bordeaux Neuroscience Institute, University of Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Neuroscience 158:25-35. 2009....
- Neurogenin 2 has an essential role in development of the dentate gyrusChristophe Galichet
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, National Institute of Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, NW7 1AA London, UK
Development 135:2031-41. 2008..These data establish a unique role of Ngn2 in DG neurogenesis during development and raise the possibility that Ngn2 has a similar function in adult neurogenesis...
- Specific glial populations regulate hippocampal morphogenesisGuy Barry
The University of Queensland, Queensland Brain Institute, and School of Biomedical Sciences, Brisbane, 4067, Australia
J Neurosci 28:12328-40. 2008..These data demonstrate a role for Nfib in hippocampal fissure and dentate gyrus formation, and that distinct glial bundles are critical for correct hippocampal morphogenesis...
- Expression of GluR6 kainate receptor subunit in granular layer of weaver mouse cerebellumKonstantinos Spiliopoulos
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Medical School, University of Patras, 26500, Patras, Greece
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 116:417-22. 2009..Kainate receptors are heteromeric ionotropic receptors of glutamate consisting of five subunits termed GluR5, GluR6, GluR7, KA1 and KA2...
- Down-regulation of GluK2 kainate receptor expression by chronic treatment with mood-stabilizing anti-convulsants or lithium in cultured astrocytes and brain, but not in neuronsBaoman Li
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, China Medical University, Shenyang, PR China
Neuropharmacology 57:375-85. 2009..potentiation (LTP) and long-term depression (LDP); and ii) involvement of the kainate receptor subunit GluK2 (GluR6) in behavioral symptoms thought characteristic of mania has been demonstrated in knock-out mice...
- Synaptic activation of kainate receptors gates presynaptic CB(1) signaling at GABAergic synapsesJoana Lourenço
INSERM U862 NeuroCentre Magendie, Endocannabinoids and Neuroadaptation, Bordeaux, France
Nat Neurosci 13:197-204. 2010..Thus, activation of kainate receptors by synaptically released glutamate gates presynaptic CB(1) signaling, which in turn controls the direction of short-term heterosynaptic plasticity...
- Distinct functions of kainate receptors in the brain are determined by the auxiliary subunit Neto1Christoph Straub
Program in Cellular Neuroscience, Neurodegeneration and Repair, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Nat Neurosci 14:866-73. 2011..By regulating KAR excitatory postsynaptic current kinetics, Neto1 can control synaptic temporal summation, spike generation and fidelity...
- Expression of glutamate receptor subunit genes during development of the mouse retinaC Zhang
Margaret M Dyson Vision Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuroreport 8:335-40. 1996..This suggests they play a role in the processes of neuronal differentiation and synaptogenesis that occur during the early postnatal days in the rodent retina...
- Primary structure and expression of the gamma 2 subunit of the glutamate receptor channel selective for kainateK Sakimura
Department of Neuropharmacology, Brain Research Institute, Niigata University, Japan
Neuron 8:267-74. 1992..Expression of the gamma 2 subunit together with the beta 2 subunit in Xenopus oocytes yields functional glutamate receptor channels selective for kainate...
- Transcriptional map of chromosome region 6q16-->q21E Karayianni
Department of Experimental and Diagnostic Medicine, Section of Microbiology, Interdepartment Center for Biotechnology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Cytogenet Cell Genet 86:263-6. 1999..From this transcription map it is possible to derive a large region of synteny with mouse chromosome 10...
- Rescue of cerebellar granule cells from death in weaver NR1 double mutantsP Jensen
Center for Neuroscience, University of Tennessee Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Neurosci 19:7991-8. 1999..This rescue of weaver granule cells provides evidence that wvGIRK2 alone is not sufficient to cause granule cell death...
- Kainate receptor-mediated responses in the CA1 field of wild-type and GluR6-deficient miceI Bureau
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 33076, France
J Neurosci 19:653-63. 1999..We have compared the action of domoate and kainate on CA1 pyramidal neurons in slices from wild-type and GluR6-/- mice...
- Glutamate receptors: brain function and signal transductionS Nakanishi
Department of Biological Sciences, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Yoshida, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606, Japan
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 26:230-5. 1998..Thus, the two closely related mGluR subtypes mediate diverging intracellular signaling in glutamate transmission...
- Development of laminar distributions of kainate receptors in the somatosensory cortex of miceB Jabłońska
Department of Neurophysiology, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, 3 Pasteur St, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
Brain Res 791:325-9. 1998..The sharp increase of kainate receptor during the first postnatal week coincides with the critical period for cytoarchitectonic plasticity of the barrels and establishment of functional thalamo-cortical connections in the barrel field...
- Development of acute lymphoblastic leukemia and myeloproliferative disorder in transgenic mice expressing p210bcr/abl: a novel transgenic model for human Ph1-positive leukemiasH Honda
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 91:2067-75. 1998....
- An immunocytochemical study of a G-protein-gated inward rectifier K+ channel (GIRK2) in the weaver mouse mesencephalonC Adelbrecht
INSERM U289, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris
Neuroreport 8:969-74. 1997..These results suggest that expression of the mutated channel is not a sufficient condition to induce cell death in the ventral mesencephalon of the wv/wv mice...
- Genotypes at the GluR6 kainate receptor locus are associated with variation in the age of onset of Huntington diseaseD C Rubinsztein
East Anglian Medical Genetics Service Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Addenbrooke s NHS Trust, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:3872-6. 1997..Accordingly, we investigated the GluR6 kainate receptor...
- Functional GluR6 kainate receptors in the striatum: indirect downregulation of synaptic transmissionK Chergui
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte Recherche 5091, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux II, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Neurosci 20:2175-82. 2000..In the present study, we show that the GluR6 subunit of KARs is expressed in both substance P- and enkephalin-containing GABAergic projection neurons of the ..
- A high-resolution genetic map around waltzer on mouse chromosome 10 and identification of a new allele of waltzerE C Bryda
Molecular Genetics Program, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany 12201 2002, USA
Mamm Genome 8:1-4. 1997..Additionally, three genes (Ros1, Grik2, and Zfa) were eliminated as possible candidates for vAlb, and several SSLP markers were separated genetically.
- Glutamate receptors in cortical plasticity: molecular and cellular biologyL Kaczmarek
Department of Neurophysiology, Nencki Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Physiol Rev 77:217-55. 1997..Functional studies involving either activation or blocking, and effects of such manipulation on cortical plasticity are discussed...
- Q/R site editing in kainate receptor GluR5 and GluR6 pre-mRNAs requires distant intronic sequencesA Herb
Laboratory for Molecular Neuroendocrinololgy, Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie, Heidelberg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:1875-80. 1996..R/G) require base pairing with nearby intronic editing site complementary sequences (ECSs), editing in GluR5 and GluR6 pre-mRNAs recruits an ECS located as far as 1900 nucleotides distal to the Q/R site...
- Expression and novel subunit isoforms of glutamate receptor genes GluR5 and GluR6P Gregor
Molecular Neurobiology Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224
Neuroreport 4:1343-6. 1993Molecular heterogeneity of kainate-selective glutamate receptor subunits GluR5 and GluR6 was revealed by identification of a human cDNA, GluR5-1d, and a murine cDNA, GluR6-2, that each encode subunits with novel carboxy-terminal ..
- Determinants of Ca2+ permeability in both TM1 and TM2 of high affinity kainate receptor channels: diversity by RNA editingM Kohler
Center for Molecular Biology, Heidelberg University, Germany
Neuron 10:491-500. 1993b>GluR6, a subunit of high affinity kainate receptor channels in the mammalian CNS, carries a glutamine (Q) or arginine (R) residue in a critical position (Q/R site) of the putative channel-forming segment TM2...
- RNA editing of the glutamate receptor subunits GluR2 and GluR6 in human brain tissueW Paschen
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore
J Neurochem 63:1596-602. 1994..of mRNA in the coding region of the second transmembrane domain of glutamate receptor subunits GluR2, GluR5, and GluR6 involves a change of the base A in genomic DNA to the base G in mRNA as described in rat brain...
- RNA editing in brain controls a determinant of ion flow in glutamate-gated channelsB Sommer
Laboratory for Molecular Neuroendocrinology, University of Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Cell 67:11-9. 1991..This process apparently edits subunit transcripts of the two glutamate receptor classes with different efficiency and selectivity...
- Cloning and functional expression of a cDNA encoding the mouse beta 2 subunit of the kainate-selective glutamate receptor channelT Morita
Department of Neuropharmacology, Faculty of Science, Niigata University, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 14:143-6. 1992The primary structure of the mouse glutamate receptor beta 2 subunit has been deduced by cloning and sequencing cDNA. The beta 2 subunit has structural characteristics common to the subunits of glutamate-gated ion channels...
- Modulation of excitatory synaptic transmission in the spinal substantia gelatinosa of mice deficient in the kainate receptor GluR5 and/or GluR6 subunitDong Ho Youn
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
J Physiol 555:683-98. 2004..In the present study, we have used gene-targeted mice lacking KAR GluR5 and/or GluR6 subunits to determine the identity of the receptor subunits involved in the KA-induced modulation of excitatory ..
- The kainate receptor subunit GluR6 mediates metabotropic regulation of the slow and medium AHP currents in mouse hippocampal neuronesAndré Fisahn
Laboratory of Cellular and Synaptic Neurophysiology, NICHD, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Physiol 562:199-203. 2005..that the kainate-induced decrease of I(sAHP) and I(mAHP) amplitude is protein-kinase-C-dependent and absent in GluR6(-/-) but not GluR5(-/-) pyramidal neurones...
- Assessing the role of GLUK5 and GLUK6 at hippocampal mossy fiber synapsesJorg Breustedt
Neurowissenschaftliches Forschungszentrum, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Neurosci 24:10093-8. 2004..We therefore conclude that the facilitatory effects of kainate on mossy fiber synaptic transmission are mediated by GLU(K6)-containing KARs...
- Kainate receptors and rhythmic activity in neuronal networks: hippocampal gamma oscillations as a toolAndré Fisahn
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, SE 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Physiol 562:65-72. 2005..Using this approach in wild-type (WT) and KAR knockout mice it has been shown that KAR subunits GluR5 and GluR6 have similar functions during gamma oscillations and epileptiform bursts and that small changes in the overall ..
- Distinct roles for the kainate receptor subunits GluR5 and GluR6 in kainate-induced hippocampal gamma oscillationsAndré Fisahn
Laboratory of Cellular and Synaptic Neurophysiology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 24:9658-68. 2004..Using KAR knock-out mice, we show that subunits glutamate receptor (GluR) 5 and GluR6 play distinct roles in kainate-induced gamma oscillations and epileptiform burst activity...
- A mosaic of functional kainate receptors in hippocampal interneuronsJeppe K Christensen
Instituto Cajal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 28002 Madrid, Spain
J Neurosci 24:8986-93. 2004..was seen additionally in knock-out mice, such that they were inactive in GluR5-/- mice but completely effective in GluR6-/- mice...
- Postnatal maturation of mossy fibre excitatory transmission in mouse CA3 pyramidal cells: a potential role for kainate receptorsCecile Marchal
Laboratoire Physiologie Cellulaire de la Synapse, CNRS UMR 5091, Institut Francois Magendie, Universite Bordeaux 2, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Physiol 561:27-37. 2004..These data suggest a role for KARs in the maturation of mossy fibre synapses...
- Tlx3 and Tlx1 are post-mitotic selector genes determining glutamatergic over GABAergic cell fatesLeping Cheng
The Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, 1 Jimmy Fund Way, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:510-7. 2004..GABAergic differentiation, Gad1/2 and Viaat that regulate GABA synthesis and transport, and the kainate receptors Grik2/3...
- Subunit composition and alternative splicing regulate membrane delivery of kainate receptorsFrédéric Jaskolski
Laboratoire Physiologie Cellulaire de la Synapse, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite mixte de recherche 5091, Institut Francois Magendie, Universite Bordeaux 2, France
J Neurosci 24:2506-15. 2004..The KAR subunits GluR5 and GluR6 exist under different splice variant isoforms in the C-terminal domain (GluR5a, GluR5b, GluR5c, GluR6a, GluR6b)...
- Identification of the kainate receptor subunits underlying modulation of excitatory synaptic transmission in the CA3 region of the hippocampusA Contractor
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory and Gene Expression Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 20:8269-78. 2000..1999; Kamiya and Ozawa, 2000). In this study, we use gene-targeted mice lacking glutamate receptor 5 (GluR5) or GluR6 kainate receptor subunits to identify the receptor subunits that comprise the kainate receptors responsible for ..
- Distribution of kainate receptor subunits at hippocampal mossy fiber synapsesMelanie Darstein
Molecular Neurobiology, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 23:8013-9. 2003..Both subunits coimmunoprecipitated from hippocampal membrane extracts with GluR6 but not GluR7 subunits...
- Presynaptic kainate receptors impart an associative property to hippocampal mossy fiber long-term potentiationDietmar Schmitz
Neuroscience Research Center, Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Schumannstr 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Nat Neurosci 6:1058-63. 2003..Such a mechanism greatly increases the computational power of this form of plasticity...
- Kainate receptor subunits underlying presynaptic regulation of transmitter release in the dorsal hornGeoffrey A Kerchner
Washington University Pain Center and Departments of Anesthesiology, Anatomy and Neurobiology, and Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 22:8010-7. 2002..receptor subunit-deficient mice were used to evaluate the contribution of glutamate receptor subunit 5 (GluR5) and GluR6 to the presynaptic control of transmitter release and to KA receptor-mediated whole-cell currents in these two ..
- Functional characterization of kainate receptors in the mouse nucleus accumbensGuillaume Casassus
CNRS UMR 5091, Institut Francois Magendie, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux II, rue C Saint Saëns, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Neuropharmacology 42:603-11. 2002..These somatodendritic receptors are comprised of the GluR6 subunit, since they are absent in GluR6-deficient mice...
- The role of RNA editing of kainate receptors in synaptic plasticity and seizuresB Vissel
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neuron 29:217-27. 2001The ionotropic glutamate receptor subunit GluR6 undergoes developmentally and regionally regulated Q/R site RNA editing that reduces the calcium permeability of GluR6-containing kainate receptors...
- Kainate receptors are involved in short- and long-term plasticity at mossy fiber synapses in the hippocampusA Contractor
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neuron 29:209-16. 2001..We find that LTP is reduced in mice lacking the GluR6, but not the GluR5, kainate receptor subunit...
- Subunit composition of kainate receptors in hippocampal interneuronsC Mulle
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 5091, Institut Françios Magendie, Universite Bordeaux 2, France
Neuron 28:475-84. 2000..However, KAR function is abolished in mice lacking both GluR5 and GluR6 subunits, indicating that KARs in CA1 stratum radiatum interneurons are heteromeric receptors composed of both ..
- Chromosomal localization of glutamate receptor genes: relationship to familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and other neurological disorders of mice and humansP Gregor
Molecular Neurobiology Section, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:3053-7. 1993....
- Pikachurin, a dystroglycan ligand, is essential for photoreceptor ribbon synapse formationShigeru Sato
Department of Developmental Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, 6 2 4 Furuedai, Suita, Osaka, 565 0874, Japan
Nat Neurosci 11:923-31. 2008..This may also advance our understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying the retinal electrophysiological abnormalities observed in muscular dystrophy patients...
- The role of nyctalopin in the mammalian retinaCATHERINE MORGANS; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Calcium channels at ribbon synapses in the retinaCATHERINE MORGANS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these experiments will provide insight into the composition and functional organization of retinal ribbon synapses and into the perturbation of retinal function associated with CSNB2. ..