Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gjb4
Description: gap junction protein, beta 4
Alias: Cnx30.3, Cx30.3, Gjb-4, gap junction beta-4 protein, connexin-30.3, gap junction membrane channel protein beta 4
- Connexin 30 sets synaptic strength by controlling astroglial synapse invasionUlrike Pannasch
1 Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Biology, College de France, INSERM U1050, CNRS UMR 7241, Labex Memolife, PSL Research University, Paris, France 2 Doctoral school N 158, Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France 3
Nat Neurosci 17:549-58. 2014..Taken together, these results establish connexin 30 as a critical regulator of synaptic strength by controlling the synaptic location of astroglial processes. ..
- Two gap junction genes, connexin 31.1 and 30.3, are closely linked on mouse chromosome 4 and preferentially expressed in skinH Hennemann
Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
J Biol Chem 267:17225-33. 1992..Microinjection of Cx30.3, but not Cx31.1 cRNA, into Xenopus oocyte pairs induced formation of functional gap junction channels with unique voltage-gated parameters compared to other connexins expressed similarly...
- The diversity of connexin genes encoding gap junctional proteinsK Willecke
Institut für Genetik Abt Molekulargenetik Universität, Bonn Bundersrepublik Deutschland
Eur J Cell Biol 56:1-7. 1991..The structural diversity of the connexin genes suggests that they fulfill different functions coordinated with, and perhaps required for, different programs of cellular differentiation...
- Multiple members of the connexin gene family participate in preimplantation development of the mouseT C Davies
Department of Zoology, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Dev Genet 18:234-43. 1996..The expression of multiple connexin genes during this early period of embryogenesis (when there are only two distinct cell types) raises questions about the functional significance of connexin diversity in this context...
- Assignment of connexin 26 (GJB2) and 46 (GJA3) genes to human chromosome 13q11-->q12 and mouse chromosome 14D1-E1 by in situ hybridizationC Mignon
INSERM U 406, Faculté de la Timone, Marseille
Cytogenet Cell Genet 72:185-6. 1996
- Two interactive genes responsible for a new inherited cataract (RCT) in the mouseY Y Maeda
The Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science Rinshoken, Dept of Laboratory Animal Science, Japan
Mamm Genome 12:278-83. 2001..The rct locus essential for the onset of the cataract was tightly linked to D4Mit278 on Chromosome (Chr) 4 with no recombination. The mrct locus was closely linked to D5Mit239 (chi2 = 66.3, P << 0.00001) on Chr 5...
- An update on connexin genes and their nomenclature in mouse and manGoran Sohl
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Cell Commun Adhes 10:173-80. 2003..Furthermore, this short review contains an update on phenotypic correlations between connexin deficient mice and patients bearing mutations in their orthologous connexin genes...
- An expression atlas of connexin genes in the mouseAnnalisa Buniello
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Via P Castellino 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
Genomics 83:812-20. 2004....
- mRNA expression pattern of multiple members of connexin gene family in normal and abnormal fetal gonads in mouseSubhash C Juneja
Department of Zoology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 47:147-56. 2003..In developmentally impaired fetal ovary, only Cx43 was not expressed as expected but other three connexins were expresed. The study may be useful in interpreting human testis defects in infertility cases...
- The novel mouse connexin39 gene is expressed in developing striated muscle fibersJulia von Maltzahn
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Römerstr 164, 53117 Bonn, Germany
J Cell Sci 117:5381-92. 2004..As expression of no other known connexin could be verified in these cells, intercellular dye transfer might result from functional expression of Cx39 in developing striated muscle fibers...
- Characterization of connexin30.3-deficient mice suggests a possible role of connexin30.3 in olfactionQingyi Zheng-Fischhöfer
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Römerstrassae 164, D 53117 Bonn, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 86:683-700. 2007..Furthermore, they showed normal auditory thresholds as measured by brain stem evoked potentials. These mice did, however, exhibit reduced behavioural responses to a vanilla scent...
- Connexin 30.3 is expressed in the kidney but not regulated by dietary salt or high blood pressureFiona Hanner
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 15:219-30. 2008..Cx30.3 appears to be constitutively expressed in certain renal tubular segments and cells and its role in overall kidney function remains to be investigated...