Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fgf10
Description: fibroblast growth factor 10
Alias: AEY17, BB213776, Fgf-10, Gsfaey17, fibroblast growth factor 10, keratinocyte growth factor 2
Publications169 found, 100 shown here
- Fibroblast growth factor 10 (FGF10) and branching morphogenesis in the embryonic mouse lungS Bellusci
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2175, USA
Development 124:4867-78. 1997..We report here that fibroblast growth factor 10 (Fgf10) is expressed dynamically in the mesenchyme adjacent to the distal buds from the earliest stages ..
- Fgf-10 is required for both limb and lung development and exhibits striking functional similarity to Drosophila branchlessH Min
Department of Molecular Genetics, Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320 1789 USA
Genes Dev 12:3156-61. 1998..The pulmonary phenotype of Fgf-10(-/-) mice is strikingly similar to that of the Drosophila mutant branchless, an Fgf homolog...
- The arterial pole of the mouse heart forms from Fgf10-expressing cells in pharyngeal mesodermR G Kelly
Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Dev Cell 1:435-40. 2001..The nlacZ transgene has integrated upstream of the fibroblast growth factor 10 (Fgf10) gene and comparison with the expression pattern of Fgf10 in pharyngeal mesoderm indicates ..
- Role of FGF10/FGFR2b signaling during mammary gland development in the mouse embryoArnaud André Mailleux
UMR144 CNRS Institut Curie, 26 rue d Ulm 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Development 129:53-60. 2002..placode development using Lef1 as a marker for the epithelial component of the placode, and mice deficient for Fgf10 or Fgfr2b, both of which fail to develop normal mammary glands...
- T-box gene products are required for mesenchymal induction of epithelial branching in the embryonic mouse lungJudith A Cebra-Thomas
Department of Biology, Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA
Dev Dyn 226:82-90. 2003..Mesenchymal FGF10 is known to be an important paracrine factor regulating the branching morphogenesis of the bronchial epithelium...
- Fgf10 expression identifies parabronchial smooth muscle cell progenitors and is required for their entry into the smooth muscle cell lineageArnaud A Mailleux
UMR144 CNRS Institut Curie, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Development 132:2157-66. 2005..Using a transgenic mouse line expressing LacZ under the control of Fgf10 regulatory sequences, we show that the pool of Fgf10-positive cells in the distal lung mesenchyme contains ..
- Growth arrest specific gene 1 acts as a region-specific mediator of the Fgf10/Fgf8 regulatory loop in the limbYing Liu
Department of Embryology, Carnegie Institution of Washington, Baltimore, Maryland 21210, USA
Development 129:5289-300. 2002Proximal-to-distal growth of the embryonic limbs requires Fgf10 in the mesenchyme to activate Fgf8 in the apical ectodermal ridge (AER), which in turn promotes mesenchymal outgrowth...
- Gli3-mediated somitic Fgf10 expression gradients are required for the induction and patterning of mammary epithelium along the embryonic axesJacqueline M Veltmaat
The Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles University of Southern California, Developmental Biology Program, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Development 133:2325-35. 2006..We have previously shown that fibroblast growth factor 10 (FGF10) is required for the formation of mammary placodes 1, 2, 3 and 5...
- Fibroblast growth factor 10 plays a causative role in the tracheal cartilage defects in a mouse model of Apert syndromeCaterina Tiozzo
Department of Pediatrics, Women s and Children s Hospital, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Pediatr Res 66:386-90. 2009..that tracheal stenosis is associated with increased proliferation of mesenchymal cells, where the expression of Fgf10 and its upstream regulators Tbx4 and Tbx5 are abnormally elevated...
- Retinoic acid deficiency alters second heart field formationLucile Ryckebusch
Developmental Biology Institute of Marseille Luminy, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 6216, Campus de Luminy Case 907, 13009 Marseille, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2913-8. 2008..exhibited a posterior expansion of anterior markers of the SHF, including Tbx1, Fgf8, and the Mlc1v-nlacZ-24/Fgf10 reporter transgene as well as of Islet1...
- FGF signaling regulates otic placode induction and refinement by controlling both ectodermal target genes and hindbrain Wnt8aLisa D Urness
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, 15 N 2030 E, RM 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5330, USA
Dev Biol 340:595-604. 2010..Mouse embryos lacking both Fgf3 and Fgf10 fail to initiate inner ear development because appropriate patterns of gene expression fail to be specified within ..
- Associations of FGF-3 and FGF-10 with signaling networks regulating tooth morphogenesisP Kettunen
Developmental Biology Programme, Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, Finland
Dev Dyn 219:322-32. 2000..The dynamic expression patterns of different Fgfs in dental epithelium and mesenchyme and their interactions suggest existence of regulatory signaling cascades between epithelial and mesenchymal FGFs during tooth development...
- beta-Catenin promotes respiratory progenitor identity in mouse foregutKelley S Harris-Johnson
Laboratory of Genetics and Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16287-92. 2009..Our findings reveal an early role for beta-Catenin in the establishment of respiratory progenitors in mouse foregut endoderm...
- ISL1 directly regulates FGF10 transcription during human cardiac outflow formationChristelle Golzio
Department of Cell Biology, Duke Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30677. 2012..Other markers have been identified that characterize subdomains of the SHF, such as the fibroblast growth factor Fgf10 in its anterior region...
- An FGF signaling loop sustains the generation of differentiated progeny from stem cells in mouse incisorsOphir D Klein
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2711, USA
Development 135:377-85. 2008..These data reveal that the generation of differentiated progeny from a particular stem cell population can be differently regulated in the embryo and adult...
- Great vessel development requires biallelic expression of Chd7 and Tbx1 in pharyngeal ectoderm in miceVictoria Randall
Molecular Medicine Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 119:3301-10. 2009..We could not rescue PAA morphogenesis by restoring neural crest Chd7 expression. Rather, biallelic expression of Chd7 and Tbx1 in the pharyngeal ectoderm was required for normal PAA development...
- Lung hypoplasia and neonatal death in Fgf9-null mice identify this gene as an essential regulator of lung mesenchymeJ S Colvin
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, Campus Box 8103, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 128:2095-106. 2001..Fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) often mediate epithelial-mesenchymal interactions and mesenchymal Fgf10 is essential for epithelial branching in the developing lung...
- Fgf10 is an oncogene activated by MMTV insertional mutagenesis in mouse mammary tumors and overexpressed in a subset of human breast carcinomasVassiliki Theodorou
Division of Tumor Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Oncogene 23:6047-55. 2004..in mammary tumors from BALB/c mice infected with C3H-MMTV, we have found a common MMTV insertion site in the Fgf10 locus...
- Colonic atresia without mesenteric vascular occlusion. The role of the fibroblast growth factor 10 signaling pathwayTimothy J Fairbanks
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Developmental Biology Program, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Pediatr Surg 40:390-6. 2005..Prenatal expression of fibroblast growth factor 10 (Fgf10), acting through fibroblast growth factor receptor 2b (Fgfr2b), is critical to the normal ..
- Heparanase cleavage of perlecan heparan sulfate modulates FGF10 activity during ex vivo submandibular gland branching morphogenesisVaishali N Patel
Matrix and Morphogenesis Unit, Laboratory of Cell and Developmental Biology, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, 30 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD, USA
Development 134:4177-86. 2007..activity in organ culture decreased branching morphogenesis, and this inhibition was rescued specifically by FGF10 and not by other FGFs...
- Heparan sulfate-FGF10 interactions during lung morphogenesisKonstantin I Izvolsky
Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medcine, MA 02118, USA
Dev Biol 258:185-200. 2003Signaling by fibroblast growth factor 10 (FGF10) through FGFR2b is essential for lung development...
- Signaling by FGFR2b controls the regenerative capacity of adult mouse incisorsSara Parsa
Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine Program, Saban Research Institute of Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Development 137:3743-52. 2010..Previous studies have suggested that FGF10, acting mainly through fibroblast growth factor receptor 2b (FGFR2b), is crucial for development of the epithelial ..
- Eyes absent 1 (Eya1) is a critical coordinator of epithelial, mesenchymal and vascular morphogenesis in the mammalian lungAhmed H K El-Hashash
Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine Program, Saban Research Institute, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California, 4650 Sunset Boulevard MS35, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 350:112-26. 2011..exhibit severe defects in the smooth muscle component of the bronchi and major pulmonary vessels with decreased Fgf10 expression. These defects lead to rupture of the major vessels and hemorrhage into the lungs after birth...
- FGF10/FGFR2b signaling is essential for cardiac fibroblast development and growth of the myocardiumMónica Vega-Hernández
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 138:3331-40. 2011..Here, we identify a myocardial to epicardial fibroblast growth factor (FGF) signal, mediated by FGF10 and FGFR2b, that is essential for movement of cardiac fibroblasts into the compact myocardium...
- Retinoic acid selectively regulates Fgf10 expression and maintains cell identity in the prospective lung field of the developing foregutTushar J Desai
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Dev Biol 273:402-15. 2004..novel evidence that a major role for RA is to selectively maintain mesodermal proliferation and induce fibroblast growth factor 10 (Fgf10) expression in the foregut region where the lung forms...
- Bmp4 is essential for the formation of the vestibular apparatus that detects angular head movementsWeise Chang
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, NIH, Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000050. 2008..regulating genes required for prosensory development in the inner ear such as Serrate1 (Jagged1 in mouse), Fgf10, and Sox2...
- Cloning and expression pattern of a mouse homologue of drosophila sprouty in the mouse embryoA A de Maximy
Institut Curie UMR 144 CNRS, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248, Paris Cedex 05, France
Mech Dev 81:213-6. 1999..Sprouty4 expression is also detected in the lateral region of the somites. In the developing lung, Sprouty4 is expressed broadly in the distal mesenchyme...
- Requirements for FGF3 and FGF10 during inner ear formationYolanda Alvarez
Center for Molecular Neurobiology Hamburg, University of Hamburg, Falkenried 94, D 20251 Hamburg, Germany
Development 130:6329-38. 2003..Ectopic expression of FGF10 in the developing hindbrain of transgenic mice leads to the formation of ectopic vesicles, expressing some otic ..
- Requirement for fibroblast growth factor 10 or fibroblast growth factor receptor 2-IIIb signaling for cecal development in mouseR C Burns
Division of Developmental Biology, Department of Surgery, USC Keck School of Medicine and the Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 265:61-74. 2004..At E10.5, Fibroblast growth factor 10 (Fgf10) is specifically expressed in the mesenchyme above the future cecal epithelial bud, whereas ..
- Fibroblast growth factor-10 serves a regulatory role in duodenal developmentRobert C Kanard
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Developmental Biology Program, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Boulevard, Saban Research Building 524, Mail stop 100, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Pediatr Surg 40:313-6. 2005..Fibroblast growth factor-10 (Fgf10) is a known regulatory molecule relevant to mesenchymal-epithelial interactions, and mice deficient in Fgf10 ..
- Wnt5a regulates Shh and Fgf10 signaling during lung developmentChanggong Li
Department of Pediatrics, Women s and Children s Hospital, USC Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Biol 287:86-97. 2005..During early lung development, over-expression of Wnt5a in the epithelium resulted in increased Fgf10 in the mesenchyme and decreased Shh in the epithelium...
- Hes1 is required for pituitary growth and melanotrope specificationLori T Raetzman
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0618, USA
Dev Biol 304:455-66. 2007..These results demonstrate that Notch signaling plays multiple roles in pituitary development, influencing precursor number, organ size, cell differentiation and ultimately cell fate...
- Mouse fibroblast growth factor 10: cDNA cloning, protein characterization, and regulation of mRNA expressionH D Beer
Human Genome Sciences, Inc, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Oncogene 15:2211-8. 1997..These results demonstrate a differential regulation of mFGF-10 and FGF-7 expression in vitro and during the wound healing process...
- Fibroblast growth factor interactions in the developing lungD Lebeche
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, 80 East Concord Street R 304, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mech Dev 86:125-36. 1999..Our data support a model in which Shh, TGFbeta-1 and BMP-4 counteract the bud promoting effects of FGF-10, and where FGF levels are maintained throughout lung development by other FGFs and Shh...
- Endogenous and ectopic gland induction by FGF-10V Govindarajan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Dev Biol 225:188-200. 2000..In addition, lacrimal and Harderian glands were not seen in FGF-10 null fetuses. Based on these results we propose that FGF-10 is an inductive signal that initiates ocular gland morphogenesis...
- FGF10 acts as a major ligand for FGF receptor 2 IIIb in mouse multi-organ developmentH Ohuchi
Department of Genetic Biochemistry, Kyoto University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 46 29 Yoshida shimo adachi cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto, 606 8501, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 277:643-9. 2000..One of the candidate ligands is FGF10, because FGF10 binds to FGFR2b with high affinity and the formation of the limb and lung is arrested in FGF10 null ..
- Embryonic submandibular gland morphogenesis: stage-specific protein localization of FGFs, BMPs, Pax6 and Pax9 in normal mice and abnormal SMG phenotypes in FgfR2-IIIc(+/Delta), BMP7(-/-) and Pax6(-/-) miceTina Jaskoll
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 170:83-98. 2002..Finally, our observations of abnormal SMGs in BMP7(-/-) and Pax6(-/-) indicate that both BMP7 and Pax6 play important roles during embryonic SMG branching morphogenesis...
- Fgf10 is essential for maintaining the proliferative capacity of epithelial progenitor cells during early pancreatic organogenesisA Bhushan
INSERM 457, Hospital Robert Debre, 75019 Paris, France
Development 128:5109-17. 2001..We demonstrate here that Fgf10, a member of the fibroblast growth factor family (FGFs), plays an essential role in this process...
- Gene expression profiles of mouse submandibular gland development: FGFR1 regulates branching morphogenesis in vitro through BMP- and FGF-dependent mechanismsMatthew P Hoffman
Craniofacial Developmental Biology and Regeneration Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, 30 Convent Drive, MSC 4370, Bethesda, MD 20892 4370, USA
Development 129:5767-78. 2002..FGFR1 signaling regulates Fgfr1, Fgf1, Fgf3 and Bmp7 expression and indirectly regulates Fgf7, Fgf10 and Bmp4. Exogenous FGFs and BMPs added to glands in culture reveal distinct effects on gland morphology...
- Pitx1 and Pitx2 are required for development of hindlimb budsAlexandre Marcil
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, 110 avenue des Pins Ouest, Montreal, QC H2W 1R7, Canada
Development 130:45-55. 2003..Thus, Pitx1 and Pitx2 genes are required for sustained hindlimb bud growth and formation of hindlimbs...
- TBX1 is required for inner ear morphogenesisFrancesca Vitelli
Department of Pediatrics Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hum Mol Genet 12:2041-8. 2003..Our data suggest that Tbx1 deletion in del22q11 patients may cause not only external and middle ear defects but also sensorineural and vestibular phenotypes observed in these patients...
- Fgf9 signaling regulates inner ear morphogenesis through epithelial-mesenchymal interactionsUlla Pirvola
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Dev Biol 273:350-60. 2004..Together, these data show that Fgf9 signaling is required for inner ear morphogenesis...
- VEGF-A signaling through Flk-1 is a critical facilitator of early embryonic lung epithelial to endothelial crosstalk and branching morphogenesisPierre Marie del Moral
Developmental Biology Program, Saban Research Institute, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Department of Pediatric Surgery, USC Keck School of Medicine, 4650 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 290:177-88. 2006..These results demonstrate that the VEGF pathway is involved in driving epithelial to endothelial crosstalk in embryonic mouse lung morphogenesis...
- Differential role of FGF9 on epithelium and mesenchyme in mouse embryonic lungPierre Marie del Moral
Developmental Biology Program, Saban Research Institute of Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 293:77-89. 2006..At the molecular level, FGF9 up-regulates Fgf10 expression in the mesenchyme likely via increased expression of Tbx4 and 5 and controls the transcription of ..
- Stomach development is dependent on fibroblast growth factor 10/fibroblast growth factor receptor 2b-mediated signalingBradley Spencer-Dene
Experimental Pathology Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, London, England
Gastroenterology 130:1233-44. 2006..unknown; however, the developmental expression profile of the IIIb isoform of Fgfr2 (Fgfr2b) and its main ligand, Fgf10, suggest that they may be strong candidates...
- In vivo genetic ablation of the periotic mesoderm affects cell proliferation survival and differentiation in the cochleaHuansheng Xu
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dev Biol 310:329-40. 2007..This model provides a striking demonstration of the essential role played by the periotic mesenchyme in the organogenesis of the cochlea...
- Identification of BMP-4 as a signal mediating secondary induction between epithelial and mesenchymal tissues during early tooth developmentS Vainio
Department of Pedodontics and Orthodontics, University of Helsinki, Finland
Cell 75:45-58. 1993..In addition, BMP-4 induced its own mesenchymal expression. These findings support the hypothesis that BMP-4 mediates epithelial-mesenchymal interactions during early tooth development...
- FGF-10 is a chemotactic factor for distal epithelial buds during lung developmentW Y Park
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Dev Biol 201:125-34. 1998....
- Sonic hedgehog regulates branching morphogenesis in the mammalian lungC V Pepicelli
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Curr Biol 8:1083-6. 1998..In addition, the transcription of several mesenchymally expressed downstream targets of Shh is abolished. These results highlight the importance of epithelially derived Shh in regulating branching morphogenesis of the lung...
- Fgf10 is essential for limb and lung formationK Sekine
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Nat Genet 21:138-41. 1999..In particular, Fgf10 is predicted to function as a regulator of brain, lung and limb development on the basis of its spatiotemporal ..
- Syndactyly of Ft/+ mice correlates with an imbalance in bmp4 and fgf8 expressionJ Heymer
Institut fur Molekularbiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Mech Dev 88:173-81. 1999..The data suggest a negative effect of Bmp4 on Fgf8 expression and a positive influence on the induction of bone elements...
- Conditional inactivation of Fgf4 reveals complexity of signalling during limb bud developmentX Sun
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Genet 25:83-6. 2000....
- Regulation of retinoic acid signaling during lung morphogenesisS Malpel
Pulmonary Center Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Development 127:3057-67. 2000..from RA interfering with the establishment of a distal signaling center, altering levels and distribution of Fgf10 and Bmp4, genes that are essential for distal lung formation...
- Fgf8 is required for outgrowth and patterning of the limbsA M Moon
Department of Pediatrics and Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Nat Genet 26:455-9. 2000..Lack of Fgf8 in the apical ectodermal ridge (AER) alters expression of other Fgf genes, Shh and Bmp2...
- Fgf8 signalling from the AER is essential for normal limb developmentM Lewandoski
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Genet 26:460-3. 2000..Our data identify Fgf8 as the only known AER-Fgf individually necessary for normal limb development, and provide insight into the function of Fgf signalling from the AER in the normal outgrowth and patterning of the limb...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2-IIIb acts upstream of Shh and Fgf4 and is required for limb bud maintenance but not for the induction of Fgf8, Fgf10, Msx1, or Bmp4J M Revest
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 231:47-62. 2001..Its absence did not prevent expression of Fgf8, Fgf10, Bmp4, and Msx1, but did prevent induction of Shh and Fgf4, indicating that they are downstream targets of FgfR2-..
- FGF-10 disrupts lung morphogenesis and causes pulmonary adenomas in vivoJ C Clark
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 280:L705-15. 2001..FGF-10 disrupted lung morphogenesis and induced multifocal pulmonary tumors in vivo and caused reversible type II cell differentiation of the respiratory epithelium...
- A splicing switch and gain-of-function mutation in FgfR2-IIIc hemizygotes causes Apert/Pfeiffer-syndrome-like phenotypesM K Hajihosseini
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:3855-60. 2001..This phenotype has strong parallels to some Apert's and Pfeiffer's syndrome patients...
- Evidence that SPROUTY2 functions as an inhibitor of mouse embryonic lung growth and morphogenesisA A Mailleux
UMR144 CNRS Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Cedex 05, Paris, France
Mech Dev 102:81-94. 2001..We and others have shown that Fibroblast Growth Factor 10 (FGF10) is a key positive regulator of lung branching morphogenesis...
- FGF10 maintains stem cell compartment in developing mouse incisorsHidemitsu Harada
Second Department of Oral Anatomy and Cell Biology, Kyushu Dental College, 2 6 1, Manazuru, Kokurakita ku, Kitakyushu, 803 8580, Japan
Development 129:1533-41. 2002..To further illustrate the role of FGF10 in the formation of the stem cell compartment during tooth organogenesis, we have analyzed incisor development in ..
- Wnt5a participates in distal lung morphogenesisChanggong Li
Department of Pediatrics, Women s and Children s Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Biol 248:68-81. 2002..Absence of WNT5a activity in the mutant lungs leads to increased expression of Fgf-10, Bmp4, Shh, and its receptor Ptc, raising the possibility that WNT5a, FGF-10, BMP4, and SHH signaling pathways are functionally interactive...
- Functions of FGF signalling from the apical ectodermal ridge in limb developmentXin Sun
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, 94143 0452, USA
Nature 418:501-8. 2002..In the complete absence of both FGF4 and FGF8 activities, limb development fails. We present a model to explain how the mutant phenotypes arise from FGF-mediated effects on limb bud size and cell survival...
- An Fgf8 mouse mutant phenocopies human 22q11 deletion syndromeDeborah U Frank
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Development 129:4591-603. 2002..and heart due, at least in part, to failure to form the fourth pharyngeal arch arteries, altered expression of Fgf10 in the pharyngeal mesenchyme, and abnormal apoptosis in pharyngeal and cardiac neural crest...
- Specification of the mammalian cochlea is dependent on Sonic hedgehogMartin M Riccomagno
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genes Dev 16:2365-78. 2002..Taken together, our data support a model whereby auditory cell fates in the otic vesicle are established by the direct action of Shh...
- FGF10 maintains stem cell population during mouse incisor developmentHidemitsu Harada
Second Department of Oral Anatomy and Cell Biology, Kyushu Dental College, 2 6 1, Manazuru, Kokurakita ku, Kitakyushu, 803 8580, Japan
Connect Tissue Res 43:201-4. 2002..At E14, Fgf10 and Fgf3 were coexpressed in the dental papilla...
- Tbx5 is essential for forelimb bud initiation following patterning of the limb field in the mouse embryoPooja Agarwal
Programmes in Cardiovascular Research and Developmental Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON M5G 1X8, Canada
Development 130:623-33. 2003..the FGF and Wnt regulatory loops required for limb bud outgrowth are not established, including initiation of Fgf10 expression...
- Loss of Tbx4 blocks hindlimb development and affects vascularization and fusion of the allantoisL A Naiche
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 701 W 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Development 130:2681-93. 2003..However, hindlimb buds from Tbx4 mutants fail to develop either in vivo or in vitro and do not maintain Fgf10 expression in the mesenchyme...
- Expression and function of FGF10 in mammalian inner ear developmentSarah Pauley
Creighton University, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
Dev Dyn 227:203-15. 2003We have investigated the expression of FGF10 during ear development and the effect of an FGF10 null mutation on ear development...
- beta-Catenin is required for specification of proximal/distal cell fate during lung morphogenesisMichael L Mucenski
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 278:40231-8. 2003..These observations establish, for the first time, both the sites and timing of specification of the proximal and peripheral airways in the developing lung, and that beta-catenin is one of the essential components of this specification...
- FGF-10 plays an essential role in the growth of the fetal prostateAnnemarie A Donjacour
Department of Anatomy, University of California at San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Dev Biol 261:39-54. 2003..FGF-10 alone did not stimulate prostatic bud formation in control or FGF-10(-/-) UGS. Thus, FGF-10 appears to act as a growth factor which is required for development of the prostate and several other accessory sex organs...
- Fgf10 maintains notch activation, stimulates proliferation, and blocks differentiation of pancreatic epithelial cellsAlan Hart
Umeå Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Umea, Umea, Sweden
Dev Dyn 228:185-93. 2003..The fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) 2b high-affinity ligand FGF10 has been linked to pancreatic epithelial cell proliferation, and we have shown previously that Notch signalling ..
- FGF10 signaling maintains the pancreatic progenitor cell state revealing a novel role of Notch in organ developmentGitte Anker Norgaard
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Dev Biol 264:323-38. 2003b>FGF10 plays an important role in the morphogenesis of several tissues by control of mesenchymal-to-epithelial signaling...
- Isl1 identifies a cardiac progenitor population that proliferates prior to differentiation and contributes a majority of cells to the heartChen Leng Cai
Institute of Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Dev Cell 5:877-89. 2003..Our results have implications for the development of specific cardiac lineages, left-right asymmetry, cardiac evolution, and isolation of cardiac progenitor cells...
- FGF8 dose-dependent regulation of embryonic submandibular salivary gland morphogenesisTina Jaskoll
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Dev Biol 268:457-69. 2004..Furthermore, since FGF10 and Shh expression is modulated by Fgf8 levels, we postulated that exogenous FGF10, Shh, or FGF10 + Shh peptide ..
- Tbx1 has a dual role in the morphogenesis of the cardiac outflow tractHuansheng Xu
Program in Cardiovascular Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Development 131:3217-27. 2004..This process might be regulated in part by Fgf10, which we show for the first time to be a direct target of Tbx1 in vitro...
- Disruption of Fgf10/Fgfr2b-coordinated epithelial-mesenchymal interactions causes cleft palateRitva Rice
Departments of Craniofacial Development and Orthodontics, King s College, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 113:1692-700. 2004..Using Fgf10-/-, FGF receptor 2b-/- (Fgfr2b-/-), and Sonic hedgehog (Shh) mutant mice, which all exhibit cleft palate, we show ..
- A genetic mechanism for cecal atresia: the role of the Fgf10 signaling pathwayT J Fairbanks
Developmental Biology Program, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Boulevard, Smith Research Tower 804, Mail stop 100, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Surg Res 120:201-9. 2004..As the intestine differentiates, the cecum develops at the transition from small to large intestine. Fgf10 is known to serve a key role in budding morphogenesis; however, little is known about its role in the development ..
- The splanchnic mesodermal plate directs spleen and pancreatic laterality, and is regulated by Bapx1/Nkx3.2Jacob Hecksher-Sørensen
Comparative and Developmental Genetics Section, MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Development 131:4665-75. 2004..In the absence of Fgf10 expression, the spleno-pancreatic mesenchyme and surrounding SMP grow laterally but contain no endodermal ..
- Tbx2 is essential for patterning the atrioventricular canal and for morphogenesis of the outflow tract during heart developmentZachary Harrelson
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Development 131:5041-52. 2004....
- FGF8 initiates inner ear induction in chick and mouseRaj K Ladher
Sensory Development, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Genes Dev 19:603-13. 2005..In mouse, mesodermal Fgf10 acting redundantly with neural Fgf3 is required for induction of the placode...
- Apoptosis, proliferation and gene expression patterns in mouse developing tongueXuguang Nie
Section of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies V91, 5009, Bergen, Norway
Anat Embryol (Berl) 210:125-32. 2005..High expression of Fgf7 and Fgf10 was also detected in the mesenchyme at the early embryonic stage of tongue development, corresponding to the Fgfr ..
- Cessation of Fgf10 signaling, resulting in a defective dental epithelial stem cell compartment, leads to the transition from crown to root formationTamaki Yokohama-Tamaki
Department of Oral Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka, Japan
Development 133:1359-66. 2006..continuous growth, owing to the formation and maintenance of a stem cell compartment by the constant expression of Fgf10. To clarify the relationship between root formation and disappearance of Fgf10, we carried out two experiments for ..
- Congenital heart defects in Fgfr2-IIIb and Fgf10 mutant miceAnita Marguerie
Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, 61 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Cardiovasc Res 71:50-60. 2006Myocardial progenitor cells expressing Fgf10 give rise to the outflow tract and right ventricle of the mammalian heart...
- Gata3 is required for early morphogenesis and Fgf10 expression during otic developmentKersti Lilleväli
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Viikinkaari 9, 00710 Helsinki, Finland
Mech Dev 123:415-29. 2006..Inactivation of Gata3 leads also to a loss of Fgf10 expression in otic epithelium and auditory ganglion demonstrating that Gata3 is an important regulator of Fgf-..
- Sprouty genes control diastema tooth development via bidirectional antagonism of epithelial-mesenchymal FGF signalingOphir D Klein
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Dev Cell 11:181-90. 2006....
- Dlx5 and Dlx6 homeobox genes are required for specification of the mammalian vestibular apparatusRaymond F Robledo
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine
Genesis 44:425-37. 2006..Given their proximity to the disease locus and the observed phenotype in Dlx5/6 null mice, Dlx5/6 are likely candidates to mediate the inner ear defects observed in patients with split hand/split foot malformation...
- Fibroblast growth factor 10 is required for survival and proliferation but not differentiation of intestinal epithelial progenitor cells during murine colon developmentFrederic G Sala
UMR144 CNRS Institut Curie, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Dev Biol 299:373-85. 2006..In this study, we determine the temporal-spatial expression pattern of Fibroblast growth factor 10 (Fgf10), a key developmental gene, in the colon at different developmental stages...
- Levels of mesenchymal FGFR2 signaling modulate smooth muscle progenitor cell commitment in the lungStijn P De Langhe
Developmental Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 299:52-62. 2006..Using a set of in vivo and in vitro studies, we show that an autocrine FGF10-FGFR2b signaling loop is established in the mutant lung mesenchyme, which has several consequences...
- Multiple dose-dependent roles for Sox2 in the patterning and differentiation of anterior foregut endodermJianwen Que
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Development 134:2521-31. 2007..These findings suggest that Sox2 plays a second role in establishing the boundary between the keratinized, squamous esophagus/forestomach and glandular hindstomach...
- Fgf10 dosage is critical for the amplification of epithelial cell progenitors and for the formation of multiple mesenchymal lineages during lung developmentSuresh K Ramasamy
Developmental Biology Program, Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 307:237-47. 2007The key role played by Fgf10 during early lung development is clearly illustrated in Fgf10 knockout mice, which exhibit lung agenesis...
- Enhanced paracrine FGF10 expression promotes formation of multifocal prostate adenocarcinoma and an increase in epithelial androgen receptorSanaz Memarzadeh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Cancer Cell 12:572-85. 2007Enhanced mesenchymal expression of FGF10 led to the formation of multifocal PIN or prostate cancer. Inhibition of epithelial FGFR1 signaling using DN FGFR1 led to reversal of the cancer phenotype...
- Localization and fate of Fgf10-expressing cells in the adult mouse brain implicate Fgf10 in control of neurogenesisMohammad K Hajihosseini
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 37:857-68. 2008We used Fgf10-lacZ reporter mice to investigate the distribution and fate of Fgf10-expressing cells in the developing and adult mouse brain...
- Induction of fibroblast growth factor 10 (FGF10) in the ileal crypt epithelium after massive small bowel resection suggests a role for FGF10 in gut adaptationCindy C Tai
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Dev Dyn 238:294-301. 2009We have previously reported that fibroblast growth factor 10 (FGF10) is crucial for the survival and proliferation of progenitor cells during embryonic gastrointestinal development...
- Hes1 is expressed in the second heart field and is required for outflow tract developmentFrancesca Rochais
Developmental Biology Institute of Marseilles Luminy, UMR 6216 CNRS Université de la Méditerranée, Campus de Luminy, Marseille, France
PLoS ONE 4:e6267. 2009..In order to provide further insight into second heart field development we characterized the insertion site of a transgene expressed in the second heart field and outflow tract as the result of an integration site position effect...
- Conditional gene inactivation reveals roles for Fgf10 and Fgfr2 in establishing a normal pattern of epithelial branching in the mouse lungLisa L Abler
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Dev Dyn 238:1999-2013. 2009b>Fibroblast growth factor 10 (FGF10) signaling through FGF receptor 2 (FGFR2) is required for lung initiation...
- Wnt2/2b and beta-catenin signaling are necessary and sufficient to specify lung progenitors in the foregutAshley M Goss
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 17:290-8. 2009..Together, these data reveal that canonical Wnt2/2b signaling is required for the specification of lung endoderm progenitors in the developing foregut...
- Role of Epiprofin, a zinc-finger transcription factor, in limb developmentAna Talamillo
Departamento de Anatomía y Biología Celular Facultad de Medicina Universidad de Cantabria, 39011 Santander, Spain
Dev Biol 337:363-74. 2010....
- Role of mesodermal FGF8 and FGF10 overlaps in the development of the arterial pole of the heart and pharyngeal arch arteriesYusuke Watanabe
Department of Developmental Biology, URA CNRS 2578, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux 75015 Paris, France
Circ Res 106:495-503. 2010..Previous studies of hypomorphic and conditional Fgf8 mutants show disrupted outflow tract (OFT) and right ventricle (RV) development, whereas Fgf10 mutants do not have detectable OFT defects.
- BMP signaling is necessary for patterning the sensory and nonsensory regions of the developing mammalian cochleaTakahiro Ohyama
Division of Cell Biology and Genetics, House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, California 90057, USA
J Neurosci 30:15044-51. 2010..Our results suggest BMP signaling is required for patterning sensory and nonsensory tissue in the mammalian cochlea...
- FGF10 controls the patterning of the tracheal cartilage rings via ShhFrederic G Sala
Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine Program, Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Development 138:273-82. 2011..In this work, we have investigated the role of two crucial morphogens, fibroblast growth factor 10 and sonic hedgehog, in the formation of periodically alternating cartilaginous and non-cartilaginous ..
- Rbpj regulates development of prosensory cells in the mammalian inner earNorio Yamamoto
Laboratory of Cochlear Development, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, NIDCD, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Dev Biol 353:367-79. 2011..These results suggest important roles for Rbpj and notch signaling in multiple aspects of inner ear development including prosensory cell maturation, cellular differentiation and survival...
- Eda/Edar Regulation of Embryonic SMG DevelopmentTina Jaskoll; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Fetal Lung Development:Role of Wnt5a SignalingChanggong Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..This information will be of utility in understanding the molecular mechanisms of congenital and induced lung disease. ..
- Excess TGF beta in neonatal lung injury and repairDavid Warburton; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Lung epithelial and vascular morphogenesisDavid Warburton; Fiscal Year: 2006..As yet the mechanisms that drive this coordinated process are incompletely understood. Null mutation reveals that FGF10 signaling is absolutely required for epithelial morphogenesis in the lung...
- AUTOCRINE/PARACRINE GROWTH FACTORS & LUNG MORPHOGENESISDavid Warburton; Fiscal Year: 2009..the relative functional contribution of mSpry2, Shp2 and FRS2 in lung morphogenesis by complementation of FGF10 hypomorphism...
- DEVELOPMENTAL TYPE II PNEUMOCYTE PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATIONDavid Warburton; Fiscal Year: 2010..Inosine may function as a low molecular weight therapeutic to ameliorate lung injury, protect lung progenitor cells and hence to promote recovery of the alveolar epithelium from acute injury in both adult and neonate. ..
- The function of Foxi3 in craniofacial developmentTakahiro Ohyama; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project has significant potential for the future study of craniofacial and sensory organ development that will shed a light on the genetic mechanisms of craniofacial birth defects. ..
- TCDD Impairs Prostate Development: Cyp2c39 & RetinoidsCHAD VEZINA; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Investigating the Role of Tbx1 in Ear DevelopmentEvan Braunstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..