Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eomes
Alias: C77258, TBR-2, Tbr2, eomesodermin homolog, T-box brain protein 2, T-brain-2
- Sessa A, Mao C, Hadjantonakis A, Klein W, Broccoli V. Tbr2 directs conversion of radial glia into basal precursors and guides neuronal amplification by indirect neurogenesis in the developing neocortex. Neuron. 2008;60:56-69 pubmed publisherT-brain gene-2 (Tbr2) is specifically expressed in the intermediate (basal) progenitor cells (IPCs) of the developing cerebral cortex; however, its function in this biological context has so far been overlooked due to the early lethality ..
- Hevner R, Hodge R, Daza R, Englund C. Transcription factors in glutamatergic neurogenesis: conserved programs in neocortex, cerebellum, and adult hippocampus. Neurosci Res. 2006;55:223-33 pubmed..Our work has focused on Pax6, Tbr2/Eomes, NeuroD, and Tbr1, which are expressed sequentially during the neurogenesis of pyramidal-projection neurons...
- Qui H, Hagymasi A, Bandyopadhyay S, St Rose M, Ramanarasimhaiah R, Menoret A, et al. CD134 plus CD137 dual costimulation induces Eomesodermin in CD4 T cells to program cytotoxic Th1 differentiation. J Immunol. 2011;187:3555-64 pubmed publisher..This mechanism might be therapeutically useful because CD134 plus CD137 dual costimulation induced CD4 T cell-dependent tumoricidal function in a mouse melanoma model. ..
- Siegenthaler J, Ashique A, Zarbalis K, Patterson K, Hecht J, KANE M, et al. Retinoic acid from the meninges regulates cortical neuron generation. Cell. 2009;139:597-609 pubmed publisher..Lastly, in utero RA treatment rescued the cortical phenotype in Foxc1 mutants. These results establish RA as a potent, meningeal-derived cue required for successful corticogenesis. ..
- Nishioka N, Yamamoto S, Kiyonari H, Sato H, Sawada A, Ota M, et al. Tead4 is required for specification of trophectoderm in pre-implantation mouse embryos. Mech Dev. 2008;125:270-83 pubmed..None of the TE specific genes, including Eomes and a Cdx2 independent gene, Fgfr2, was detected in Tead4-/- embryos...
- Radakovits R, Barros C, Belvindrah R, Patton B, Muller U. Regulation of radial glial survival by signals from the meninges. J Neurosci. 2009;29:7694-705 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that attachment of RGC processes at the meninges is important for RGC survival and the control of cortical size. ..
- Kowalczyk T, Pontious A, Englund C, Daza R, Bedogni F, Hodge R, et al. Intermediate neuronal progenitors (basal progenitors) produce pyramidal-projection neurons for all layers of cerebral cortex. Cereb Cortex. 2009;19:2439-50 pubmed publisher..We found that basal mitoses expressing transcription factor Tbr2 (an INP marker) were present throughout corticogenesis, from embryonic day 10.5 through birth...
- Meechan D, Tucker E, Maynard T, LaMantia A. Diminished dosage of 22q11 genes disrupts neurogenesis and cortical development in a mouse model of 22q11 deletion/DiGeorge syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16434-45 pubmed publisher..Such developmental disruption may alter cortical circuitry and establish vulnerability for developmental disorders, including schizophrenia and autism. ..
- Arnold S, Hofmann U, Bikoff E, Robertson E. Pivotal roles for eomesodermin during axis formation, epithelium-to-mesenchyme transition and endoderm specification in the mouse. Development. 2008;135:501-11 pubmed publisherThe T-box transcription factor eomesodermin (Eomes) has been implicated as an important component in germ layer induction and patterning in vertebrate embryos...
- Yamamoto S, Yoshino I, Shimazaki T, Murohashi M, Hevner R, Lax I, et al. Essential role of Shp2-binding sites on FRS2alpha for corticogenesis and for FGF2-dependent proliferation of neural progenitor cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:15983-8 pubmed..However, mutant NSPCs were able to self-renew, demonstrating that Shp2-binding sites on FRS2alpha play an important role in NSPC proliferation but are dispensable for NSPC self-renewing capacity after FGF2 stimulation. ..
- Mutch C, Schulte J, Olson E, Chenn A. Beta-catenin signaling negatively regulates intermediate progenitor population numbers in the developing cortex. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12376 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings provide evidence that beta-catenin signaling in radial progenitors negatively regulates intermediate progenitor cell number during cortical development. ..
- Nayar R, Enos M, Prince A, Shin H, Hemmers S, Jiang J, et al. TCR signaling via Tec kinase ITK and interferon regulatory factor 4 (IRF4) regulates CD8+ T-cell differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2794-802 pubmed publisher..T cells, characterized by their high expression of CD44, CD122, CXCR3, and the transcription factor, Eomesodermin (Eomes). One component of this altered development is a non-CD8(+) T cell-intrinsic role for IL-4...
- Simon R, Brylka H, Schwegler H, Venkataramanappa S, Andratschke J, Wiegreffe C, et al. A dual function of Bcl11b/Ctip2 in hippocampal neurogenesis. EMBO J. 2012;31:2922-36 pubmed publisher..Together, our data define an important novel regulatory pathway in hippocampal development, by linking transcriptional functions of Bcl11b to Desmoplakin, a molecule known to act on cell adhesion. ..
- Muzio L, Di Benedetto B, DiBenedetto B, Stoykova A, Boncinelli E, Gruss P, et al. Emx2 and Pax6 control regionalization of the pre-neuronogenic cortical primordium. Cereb Cortex. 2002;12:129-39 pubmed
- Wrobel C, Mutch C, Swaminathan S, Taketo M, Chenn A. Persistent expression of stabilized beta-catenin delays maturation of radial glial cells into intermediate progenitors. Dev Biol. 2007;309:285-97 pubmed..beta-catenin activity expands RC2 and Pax6 expression in the developing cortex while postponing the onset of Tbr2 expression, suggesting a delay in maturation of radial glia into intermediate progenitors...
- Postiglione M, Jüschke C, Xie Y, Haas G, Charalambous C, Knoblich J. Mouse inscuteable induces apical-basal spindle orientation to facilitate intermediate progenitor generation in the developing neocortex. Neuron. 2011;72:269-84 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the orientation of progenitor cell divisions is important for correct lineage specification in the developing mammalian brain. ..
- Hodge R, Kowalczyk T, Wolf S, Encinas J, Rippey C, Enikolopov G, et al. Intermediate progenitors in adult hippocampal neurogenesis: Tbr2 expression and coordinate regulation of neuronal output. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3707-17 pubmed publisher..To study the role of transcription factors (TFs), we focused on Tbr2 (T-box brain gene 2), which has been implicated previously in developmental glutamatergic neurogenesis...
- Banerjee A, Gordon S, Intlekofer A, Paley M, Mooney E, Lindsten T, et al. Cutting edge: The transcription factor eomesodermin enables CD8+ T cells to compete for the memory cell niche. J Immunol. 2010;185:4988-92 pubmed publisher..T-bet and eomesodermin (Eomes) are key transcription factors of cytotoxic lymphocyte lineages...
- Pulvers J, Huttner W. Brca1 is required for embryonic development of the mouse cerebral cortex to normal size by preventing apoptosis of early neural progenitors. Development. 2009;136:1859-68 pubmed publisher..Our results show that Brca1 is required for the cerebral cortex to develop to normal size by preventing the apoptosis of early cortical progenitors and their immediate progeny. ..
- Hodge R, Nelson B, Kahoud R, Yang R, Mussar K, Reiner S, et al. Tbr2 is essential for hippocampal lineage progression from neural stem cells to intermediate progenitors and neurons. J Neurosci. 2012;32:6275-87 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Tbr2 (also known as Eomes), a T-box transcription factor expressed by intermediate neuronal progenitors (INPs), is critically required for ..
- Holm P, Mader M, Haubst N, Wizenmann A, Sigvardsson M, Gotz M. Loss- and gain-of-function analyses reveal targets of Pax6 in the developing mouse telencephalon. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;34:99-119 pubmed..levels of various transcription factors involved in neurogenesis (like Satb2, Nfia, AP-2gamma, NeuroD6, Ngn2, Tbr2, Bhlhb5) and the retinoic acid signalling molecule Rlbp1 were reduced...
- Kawase Koga Y, Otaegi G, Sun T. Different timings of Dicer deletion affect neurogenesis and gliogenesis in the developing mouse central nervous system. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2800-12 pubmed publisher..Our studies of different timings of Dicer deletion demonstrate the importance of the Dicer-mediated microRNA pathway in regulating distinct phases of neurogenesis and gliogenesis during the CNS development. ..
- Komada M, Saitsu H, Kinboshi M, Miura T, Shiota K, Ishibashi M. Hedgehog signaling is involved in development of the neocortex. Development. 2008;135:2717-27 pubmed publisher..Reduced Shh immunoreactivity in mutant dorsal telencephalons supports the above phenotypes. Our data indicate that Shh signaling plays an important role in development of the neocortex. ..
- Farkas L, Haffner C, Giger T, Khaitovich P, Nowick K, Birchmeier C, et al. Insulinoma-associated 1 has a panneurogenic role and promotes the generation and expansion of basal progenitors in the developing mouse neocortex. Neuron. 2008;60:40-55 pubmed publisher..the basal (rather than apical) side of the ventricular zone and induced expression of the basal progenitor marker Tbr2. Remarkably, these cells remained negative for Tis21, a marker of neurogenic progenitors, and did not generate ..
- Gordon S, Chaix J, Rupp L, Wu J, Madera S, Sun J, et al. The transcription factors T-bet and Eomes control key checkpoints of natural killer cell maturation. Immunity. 2012;36:55-67 pubmed publisher..We show that mice lacking both transcription factors Eomesodermin (Eomes) and T-bet failed to develop NK cells...
- Rao R, Li Q, Odunsi K, Shrikant P. The mTOR kinase determines effector versus memory CD8+ T cell fate by regulating the expression of transcription factors T-bet and Eomesodermin. Immunity. 2010;32:67-78 pubmed publisher..Targeting mTOR activity offers new opportunities to regulate CD8+ T cell-mediated immunity. ..
- Kawase Koga Y, Low R, Otaegi G, Pollock A, Deng H, Eisenhaber F, et al. RNAase-III enzyme Dicer maintains signaling pathways for differentiation and survival in mouse cortical neural stem cells. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:586-94 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate important functions for Dicer in regulating NSC development by maintaining proper signaling pathways related to cell survival and differentiation. ..
- Intlekofer A, Banerjee A, Takemoto N, Gordon S, Dejong C, Shin H, et al. Anomalous type 17 response to viral infection by CD8+ T cells lacking T-bet and eomesodermin. Science. 2008;321:408-11 pubmed publisher..We show that CD8+ T cells deficient in the transcription factors T-bet and eomesodermin (Eomes) fail to differentiate into functional killers required for defense against lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus...
- Cubelos B, Sebastián Serrano A, Kim S, Moreno Ortiz C, Redondo J, Walsh C, et al. Cux-2 controls the proliferation of neuronal intermediate precursors of the cortical subventricular zone. Cereb Cortex. 2008;18:1758-70 pubmed..Our results point to Cux-2 as a key element in the control of the proliferation rates of the SVZ precursors and the number of upper cortical neurons, without altering the number of deep cortical layers. ..
- Machon O, Backman M, Machonova O, Kozmik Z, Vacik T, Andersen L, et al. A dynamic gradient of Wnt signaling controls initiation of neurogenesis in the mammalian cortex and cellular specification in the hippocampus. Dev Biol. 2007;311:223-37 pubmed..Wnt signaling in the developing cortex and delays the expression onset of the neurogenic factors Pax6, Ngn2 and Tbr2 and subsequent neurogenesis...
- Yagi R, Junttila I, Wei G, Urban J, Zhao K, Paul W, et al. The transcription factor GATA3 actively represses RUNX3 protein-regulated production of interferon-gamma. Immunity. 2010;32:507-17 pubmed publisher..Another T-box-containing transcription factor Eomes, but not T-bet, was induced both in GATA3-deficient CD4(+) T cells differentiated under Th2 cell conditions and in ..
- Cappello S, Böhringer C, Bergami M, Conzelmann K, Ghanem A, Tomassy G, et al. A radial glia-specific role of RhoA in double cortex formation. Neuron. 2012;73:911-24 pubmed publisher..These data not only demonstrate that RhoA is largely dispensable for migration in neurons but also showed that defects in radial glial cells, rather than neurons, can be sufficient to produce SBH. ..
- Konno D, Shioi G, Shitamukai A, Mori A, Kiyonari H, Miyata T, et al. Neuroepithelial progenitors undergo LGN-dependent planar divisions to maintain self-renewability during mammalian neurogenesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:93-101 pubmed..Our results suggest that planar mitosis ensures the self-renewal of neuroepithelial progenitors by one daughter inheriting both apical and basal compartments during neurogenesis. ..
- Ralston A, Rossant J. Cdx2 acts downstream of cell polarization to cell-autonomously promote trophectoderm fate in the early mouse embryo. Dev Biol. 2008;313:614-29 pubmed..Cdx2 therefore appears to act downstream of the first lineage decision, suggesting that processes influencing lineage allocation or morphogenesis may regulate Cdx2 expression along the inside/outside axis of the embryo. ..
- Costello I, Pimeisl I, Dräger S, Bikoff E, Robertson E, Arnold S. The T-box transcription factor Eomesodermin acts upstream of Mesp1 to specify cardiac mesoderm during mouse gastrulation. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:1084-91 pubmed publisher..Genetic studies demonstrate that the T-box transcription factor Eomesodermin (Eomes) is essential for epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition, mesoderm migration and specification of definitive ..
- Hevner R, Shi L, Justice N, Hsueh Y, Sheng M, Smiga S, et al. Tbr1 regulates differentiation of the preplate and layer 6. Neuron. 2001;29:353-66 pubmed..These results show that Tbr1 is a common genetic determinant for the differentiation of early-born glutamatergic neocortical neurons and provide insights into the functions of these neurons as regulators of cortical development. ..
- Yamagishi S, Hampel F, Hata K, del Toro D, Schwark M, Kvachnina E, et al. FLRT2 and FLRT3 act as repulsive guidance cues for Unc5-positive neurons. EMBO J. 2011;30:2920-33 pubmed publisher..Hence, the shed FLRT2 and FLRT3 ECDs represent a novel family of chemorepellents for Unc5-positive neurons and FLRT2/Unc5D signalling modulates cortical neuron migration. ..
- Heng J, Nguyen L, Castro D, Zimmer C, Wildner H, Armant O, et al. Neurogenin 2 controls cortical neuron migration through regulation of Rnd2. Nature. 2008;455:114-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, a proneural protein controls the complex cellular behaviour of cell migration through a remarkably direct pathway involving the transcriptional activation of a small GTP-binding protein. ..
- Do D, Ueda J, Messerschmidt D, Lorthongpanich C, Zhou Y, Feng B, et al. A genetic and developmental pathway from STAT3 to the OCT4-NANOG circuit is essential for maintenance of ICM lineages in vivo. Genes Dev. 2013;27:1378-90 pubmed publisher..These results provide a novel genetic model of cell fate determination operating through STAT3 in the preimplantation embryo and pluripotent stem cells in vivo. ..
- Hodge R, Garcia A, Elsen G, Nelson B, Mussar K, Reiner S, et al. Tbr2 expression in Cajal-Retzius cells and intermediate neuronal progenitors is required for morphogenesis of the dentate gyrus. J Neurosci. 2013;33:4165-80 pubmed publisher..In the developing DG, the T-box transcription factor Tbr2 is expressed in both Cajal-Retzius cells derived from the cortical hem that guide migration of progenitors and ..
- Englund C, Fink A, Lau C, Pham D, Daza R, Bulfone A, et al. Pax6, Tbr2, and Tbr1 are expressed sequentially by radial glia, intermediate progenitor cells, and postmitotic neurons in developing neocortex. J Neurosci. 2005;25:247-51 pubmed..we show that the transition from radial glia to intermediate progenitor cell is associated with upregulation of Tbr2, a T-domain transcription factor, and downregulation of Pax6...
- Franco S, Gil Sanz C, Martinez Garay I, Espinosa A, Harkins Perry S, Ramos C, et al. Fate-restricted neural progenitors in the mammalian cerebral cortex. Science. 2012;337:746-9 pubmed publisher..Because upper cortical layers were expanded during primate evolution, amplification of this RGC pool may have facilitated human brain evolution. ..
- Niwa H, Toyooka Y, Shimosato D, Strumpf D, Takahashi K, Yagi R, et al. Interaction between Oct3/4 and Cdx2 determines trophectoderm differentiation. Cell. 2005;123:917-29 pubmed..This suggests that reciprocal inhibition between lineage-specific transcription factors might be involved in the first differentiation event of mammalian development. ..
- Way S, McKenna J, Mietzsch U, Reith R, Wu H, Gambello M. Loss of Tsc2 in radial glia models the brain pathology of tuberous sclerosis complex in the mouse. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:1252-65 pubmed publisher..Developmental analysis demonstrated that loss of Tsc2 increased the subventricular Tbr2-positive basal cell progenitor pool at the expense of early born Tbr1-positive post-mitotic neurons...
- van den Ameele J, Tiberi L, Bondue A, Paulissen C, Herpoel A, Iacovino M, et al. Eomesodermin induces Mesp1 expression and cardiac differentiation from embryonic stem cells in the absence of Activin. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:355-62 pubmed publisherThe transcription factor Eomesodermin (Eomes) is involved in early embryonic patterning, but the range of cell fates that it controls as well as its mechanisms of action remain unclear...
- Oliver J, Stolberg V, Chensue S, King P. IL-4 acts as a potent stimulator of IFN-? expression in CD8+ T cells through STAT6-dependent and independent induction of Eomesodermin and T-bet. Cytokine. 2012;57:191-9 pubmed publisher..These novel findings point to a function for IL-4 as a direct regulator of IFN-? expression in CD8+ T cells and reveal the molecular mechanisms involved. ..
- Miyoshi G, Fishell G. Dynamic FoxG1 expression coordinates the integration of multipolar pyramidal neuron precursors into the cortical plate. Neuron. 2012;74:1045-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, the dynamic expression of FoxG1 during migration within the intermediate zone is essential for the proper assembly of the cerebral cortex. ..
- Bulfone A, Martinez S, Marigo V, Campanella M, Basile A, Quaderi N, et al. Expression pattern of the Tbr2 (Eomesodermin) gene during mouse and chick brain development. Mech Dev. 1999;84:133-8 pubmed..Here we report the cloning of chicken Tbr1 and of murine and chicken Tbr2 (orthologs of the Xenopus eomesodermin gene), the mapping of the murine Tbr2 to chromosome 9, and their pattern of ..
- Quinn J, Molinek M, Martynoga B, Zaki P, Faedo A, Bulfone A, et al. Pax6 controls cerebral cortical cell number by regulating exit from the cell cycle and specifies cortical cell identity by a cell autonomous mechanism. Dev Biol. 2007;302:50-65 pubmed..in apical progenitors and is downregulated in basal progenitors, which upregulate the transcription factor Tbr2. Here we show that Pax6(-/-) cells are under-represented in the cortex of Pax6(+/+)<-->Pax6(-/-) chimeras ..
- Ochiai W, Nakatani S, Takahara T, Kainuma M, Masaoka M, Minobe S, et al. Periventricular notch activation and asymmetric Ngn2 and Tbr2 expression in pair-generated neocortical daughter cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:225-33 pubmed publisher..the neocortical ventricular zone, we examined at high resolution the spatiotemporal expression patterns of Ngn2 and Tbr2. Individually DiI-labeled daughter cells were tracked from their birth in slice cultures and immunostained for Ngn2 ..
- De Pietri Tonelli D, Pulvers J, Haffner C, Murchison E, Hannon G, Huttner W. miRNAs are essential for survival and differentiation of newborn neurons but not for expansion of neural progenitors during early neurogenesis in the mouse embryonic neocortex. Development. 2008;135:3911-21 pubmed publisher..5. Our results support the emerging concept that progenitors are less dependent on miRNAs than their differentiated progeny, and raise interesting perspectives as to the expansion of somatic stem cells. ..
- Breunig J, Sarkisian M, Arellano J, Morozov Y, Ayoub A, Sojitra S, et al. Primary cilia regulate hippocampal neurogenesis by mediating sonic hedgehog signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:13127-32 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest these organelles are cellular "antennae" critically required to modulate ALNP behavior. ..
- Siegenthaler J, Tremper Wells B, Miller M. Foxg1 haploinsufficiency reduces the population of cortical intermediate progenitor cells: effect of increased p21 expression. Cereb Cortex. 2008;18:1865-75 pubmed..Interestingly, cell proliferation in the SZ and intermediate progenitor cell (IPC) production (noted by Tbr2-immunostaining) was reduced in Foxg1(+/Cre) brains...
- Faedo A, Tomassy G, Ruan Y, Teichmann H, Krauss S, Pleasure S, et al. COUP-TFI coordinates cortical patterning, neurogenesis, and laminar fate and modulates MAPK/ERK, AKT, and beta-catenin signaling. Cereb Cortex. 2008;18:2117-31 pubmed publisher..We suggest that COUP-TFI controls these processes by repressing Mapk/Erk, Akt, and beta-catenin signaling. ..
- Russ A, Wattler S, Colledge W, Aparicio S, Carlton M, Pearce J, et al. Eomesodermin is required for mouse trophoblast development and mesoderm formation. Nature. 2000;404:95-9 pubmed..Our results indicate that Eomesodermin defines a conserved molecular pathway controlling the morphogenetic movements of germ layer formation and has acquired a new function in mammals in the differentiation of trophoblast. ..
- Nowotschin S, Costello I, Piliszek A, Kwon G, Mao C, Klein W, et al. The T-box transcription factor Eomesodermin is essential for AVE induction in the mouse embryo. Genes Dev. 2013;27:997-1002 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that the T-box gene Eomesodermin (Eomes) plays an essential role in AVE recruitment, in part by directly activating the homeobox transcription factor Lhx1...
- Nowakowski T, Fotaki V, Pollock A, Sun T, Pratt T, Price D. MicroRNA-92b regulates the development of intermediate cortical progenitors in embryonic mouse brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:7056-61 pubmed publisher..The generation of intermediate progenitors is regulated by the transcription factor Tbr2, whose expression marks these cells. We investigated how this mechanism might be controlled...
- Yagi R, Kohn M, Karavanova I, Kaneko K, Vullhorst D, DePamphilis M, et al. Transcription factor TEAD4 specifies the trophectoderm lineage at the beginning of mammalian development. Development. 2007;134:3827-36 pubmed..Thus, Tead4 is the earliest gene shown to be uniquely required for specification of the trophectoderm lineage. ..
- Duggan A, Madathany T, de Castro S, Gerrelli D, Guddati K, Garcia Anoveros J. Transient expression of the conserved zinc finger gene INSM1 in progenitors and nascent neurons throughout embryonic and adult neurogenesis. J Comp Neurol. 2008;507:1497-520 pubmed publisher..We propose that, in mice and humans, INSM1 is likewise expressed transiently during terminal neurogenic divisions, from late progenitors to nascent neurons, and particularly during symmetric neuronogenic divisions. ..
- Pawlisz A, Mutch C, Wynshaw Boris A, Chenn A, Walsh C, Feng Y. Lis1-Nde1-dependent neuronal fate control determines cerebral cortical size and lamination. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:2441-55 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that maintaining the shape and cell-cell interactions of radial glial neuroepithelial progenitors by the Lis1-Nde1 complex is essential for their self renewal during the early phase of corticogenesis. ..
- Arnold S, Sugnaseelan J, Groszer M, Srinivas S, Robertson E. Generation and analysis of a mouse line harboring GFP in the Eomes/Tbr2 locus. Genesis. 2009;47:775-81 pubmed publisherDuring mouse embryonic development, the T-box transcription factor Eomes/Tbr2 is expressed in highly dynamic patterns in various progenitor cell types...
- Kartikasari A, Zhou J, Kanji M, Chan D, Sinha A, Grapin Botton A, et al. The histone demethylase Jmjd3 sequentially associates with the transcription factors Tbx3 and Eomes to drive endoderm differentiation. EMBO J. 2013;32:1393-408 pubmed publisher..that T-box proteins team up with chromatin modifying enzymes to drive the expression of the key lineage regulator, Eomes during endodermal differentiation of embryonic stem (ES) cells...
- Kuwahara A, Hirabayashi Y, Knoepfler P, Taketo M, Sakai J, Kodama T, et al. Wnt signaling and its downstream target N-myc regulate basal progenitors in the developing neocortex. Development. 2010;137:1035-44 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that Wnt signaling via N-myc is crucial for the control of neuron number in the developing neocortex. ..
- Teo A, Arnold S, Trotter M, Brown S, Ang L, Chng Z, et al. Pluripotency factors regulate definitive endoderm specification through eomesodermin. Genes Dev. 2011;25:238-50 pubmed publisher..Indeed, these transcription factors control the expression of EOMESODERMIN (EOMES), which marks the onset of endoderm specification...
- Lizarraga S, Margossian S, Harris M, Campagna D, Han A, Blevins S, et al. Cdk5rap2 regulates centrosome function and chromosome segregation in neuronal progenitors. Development. 2010;137:1907-17 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the reduction in brain size observed in humans with mutations in CDK5RAP2 is associated with impaired centrosomal function and with changes in mitotic spindle orientation during progenitor proliferation. ..
- Zhu Y, Ju S, Chen E, Dai S, Li C, MOREL P, et al. T-bet and eomesodermin are required for T cell-mediated antitumor immune responses. J Immunol. 2010;185:3174-83 pubmed publisher..T-bet and Eomesodermin (Eomes) have been suggested to be master regulators of Th1 cells and CD8(+) T cells...
- Muzio L, Mallamaci A. Foxg1 confines Cajal-Retzius neuronogenesis and hippocampal morphogenesis to the dorsomedial pallium. J Neurosci. 2005;25:4435-41 pubmed..Remarkably, in the absence of Foxg1, additional inactivation of the medial fates promoter Emx2, although not suppressing cortical specification, conversely rescues overproduction of Reelin(on) neurons. ..
- Strumpf D, Mao C, Yamanaka Y, Ralston A, Chawengsaksophak K, Beck F, et al. Cdx2 is required for correct cell fate specification and differentiation of trophectoderm in the mouse blastocyst. Development. 2005;132:2093-102 pubmed..However, a positive regulator of TE cell fate has not been described. The T-box protein eomesodermin (Eomes) and the caudal-type homeodomain protein Cdx2 are expressed in the TE, and both Eomes and Cdx2 homozygous mutant ..
- Yun K, Potter S, Rubenstein J. Gsh2 and Pax6 play complementary roles in dorsoventral patterning of the mammalian telencephalon. Development. 2001;128:193-205 pubmed..The role of Pax6 in dorsalizing the telencephalon is similar to its role in the spinal cord, supporting the hypothesis that some dorsoventral patterning mechanisms are used at all axial levels of the central nervous system. ..
- Ichiyama K, Sekiya T, Inoue N, Tamiya T, Kashiwagi I, Kimura A, et al. Transcription factor Smad-independent T helper 17 cell induction by transforming-growth factor-? is mediated by suppression of eomesodermin. Immunity. 2011;34:741-54 pubmed publisher..pathway by using Smad2 and Smad3 double-deficient T cells and identified the transcription factor Eomesodermin (Eomes), whose expression was suppressed by TGF-? via the c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK)-c-Jun signaling pathway...
- Kimura N, Nakashima K, Ueno M, Kiyama H, Taga T. A novel mammalian T-box-containing gene, Tbr2, expressed in mouse developing brain. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 1999;115:183-93 pubmedWe have identified and characterized a new member of the mammalian brain-specific T-box gene family, Tbr2, which is closely related to mouse Tbr1, and to the Xenopus earliest mesodermal gene, Eomesodermin...