Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dkk1
Description: dickkopf WNT signaling pathway inhibitor 1
Alias: mdkk-1, dickkopf-related protein 1, dickkopf homolog 1, dickkopf-1, dickkopf-like protein 1, dkk-1
Publications122 found, 100 shown here
- Genetic modifiers affecting severity of epilepsy caused by mutation of sodium channel Scn2aSarah K Bergren
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Mamm Genome 16:683-90. 2005..Modifier genes affecting clinical severity in the Scn 2 a(Q 54) mouse model may contribute to the variable expressivity seen in epilepsy patients with sodium channel mutations...
- MesP1 drives vertebrate cardiovascular differentiation through Dkk-1-mediated blockade of Wnt-signallingR David
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Klinikum Grosshadern der LMU, D 81377 Munchen, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 10:338-45. 2008..This may also provide a tool to elicit cardiac transdifferentiation in native human adult stem cells...
- Inhibiting Dickkopf-1 (Dkk1) removes suppression of bone formation and prevents the development of osteolytic bone disease in multiple myelomaDeborah J Heath
Academic Unit of Bone Biology, Section of Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Sheffield School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Sheffield, Yorkshire, UK
J Bone Miner Res 24:425-36. 2009..Dickkopf-1 (Dkk1), a soluble inhibitor of wingless/int (Wnt) signaling and osteoblastogenesis, is elevated in patients with MM and ..
- Attenuation of WNT signaling by DKK-1 and -2 regulates BMP2-induced osteoblast differentiation and expression of OPG, RANKL and M-CSFKen ichi Fujita
Laboratory of Genetics, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Mol Cancer 6:71. 2007....
- Increased Dickkopf-1 expression in transgenic mouse models of neurodegenerative diseaseMaria Cristina Rosi
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Neurochem 112:1539-51. 2010..Cumulatively, our findings indicate that DKK-1 expression is associated with events that lead to neuronal death in neurodegenerative diseases and support a role for DKK-1 as a key mediator of neurodegeneration with therapeutic potential...
- Dickkopf homolog 1 mediates endothelin-1-stimulated new bone formationGregory A Clines
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Aurbach Laboratory, The University of Virginia, P O Box 801419, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 1419, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:486-98. 2007..ET-1 decreased the transcript for the Wnt signaling pathway inhibitor, dickkopf homolog 1 (Dkk1)...
- Induction of the Wnt antagonist Dickkopf-1 is involved in stress-induced hippocampal damageFrancesco Matrisciano
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University Sapienza, Roma, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e16447. 2011..Drugs that rescue the canonical Wnt pathway may attenuate hippocampal damage in major depression and other stress-related disorders...
- The Wnt antagonist Dickkopf-1 and its receptors are coordinately regulated during early human adipogenesisConstantinos Christodoulides
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QR, UK
J Cell Sci 119:2613-20. 2006..We present the first evidence that a Wnt antagonist, Dickkopf 1 (Dkk1), is secreted by human preadipocytes and promotes adipogenesis...
- Modulation of Dickkopf-1 attenuates glucocorticoid induction of osteoblast apoptosis, adipocytic differentiation, and bone mass lossFeng Sheng Wang
Department of Medical Research, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohisung Medical Center, 123 Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung, Kaohsiung 833, Taiwan
Endocrinology 149:1793-801. 2008..The Wnt inhibitor Dickkopf-1 (DKK1) acts as a potent bone-remodeling factor that mediates several types of skeletal disorders...
- Dkk-1 inhibits intestinal epithelial cell migration by attenuating directional polarization of leading edge cellsStefan Koch
Epithelial Pathobiology Unit, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:4816-25. 2009..Together, these data demonstrate a novel role of Dkk-1 in the regulation of directional polarization of migrating intestinal epithelial cells, which contributes to the effect of Dkk-1 on wound closure in vivo...
- Dickkopf-1 is a member of a new family of secreted proteins and functions in head inductionA Glinka
Division of Molecular Embryology, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Nature 391:357-62. 1998..Injections of mRNA and antibody indicate that dkk-1 is sufficient and necessary to cause head induction. dkk-1 s a potent antagonist of Wnt signalling, suggesting that dkk genes encode a family of secreted Wnt inhibitors...
- Dickkopf genes are co-ordinately expressed in mesodermal lineagesA P Monaghan
Division of Molecular Biology of the Cell I, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Mech Dev 87:45-56. 1999..Our observations indicate that dkk genes constitute a new family of secreted proteins that may mediate inductive interactions between epithelial and mesenchymal cells...
- Expression pattern of Dkk-1 during mouse limb developmentL Grotewold
Lehrstuhl für Entwicklungs und Molekularbiologie der Tiere, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Universitatsstrasse 1, 40225, Dusseldorf, Germany
Mech Dev 89:151-3. 1999..Later, the two expression domains become separated. At E12.5-E14.5 Dkk-1 transcripts are restricted to the interdigital mesenchyme...
- Dickkopf1 is required for embryonic head induction and limb morphogenesis in the mouseM Mukhopadhyay
Laboratory of Mammalian Genes and Development, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Dev Cell 1:423-34. 2001Dickkopf1 (Dkk1) is a secreted protein that acts as a Wnt inhibitor and, together with BMP inhibitors, is able to induce the formation of ectopic heads in Xenopus...
- The Wnt antagonist Dickkopf-1 is regulated by Bmp signaling and c-Jun and modulates programmed cell deathLars Grotewold
Entwicklungs und Molekularbiologie der Tiere, Heinrich Heine Universitat, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
EMBO J 21:966-75. 2002..Taken together, our results provide evidence for an important role of Dkk-1-mediated inhibition of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in response to different stress signals that all converge on the activation of c-Jun in vivo...
- WNT signals are required for the initiation of hair follicle developmentThomas Andl
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 2:643-53. 2002..To determine whether WNT signals are required for initiation of follicular development, we ectopically expressed Dickkopf 1, a potent diffusible inhibitor of WNT action, in the skin of transgenic mice...
- Kremen proteins are Dickkopf receptors that regulate Wnt/beta-catenin signallingBingyu Mao
Molecular Embryology Division, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Nature 417:664-7. 2002..Wnt/beta-catenin signalling is inhibited by the secreted protein Dickkopf1 (Dkk1), a member of a multigene family, which induces head formation in amphibian embryos...
- Dkk1 and noggin cooperate in mammalian head inductionIvan del Barco Barrantes
Division of Molecular Embryology, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Genes Dev 17:2239-44. 2003..In Xenopus, simultaneous reduction of the BMP antagonists chordin and noggin, and the Wnt antagonist dickkopf1 (dkk1) leads to anterior truncations...
- Essential requirement for Wnt signaling in proliferation of adult small intestine and colon revealed by adenoviral expression of Dickkopf-1Frank Kuhnert
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Center for Clinical Sciences Research 3100, 269 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:266-71. 2004..Dickkopf-1 (Dkk1) is a potent secreted Wnt antagonist that interacts with Wnt coreceptors of the LRP family...
- Spatial and temporal expression of Wnt and Dickkopf genes during murine lens developmentS J Ang
Save Sight Institute, The University of Sydney, GPO Box 4337, Sydney Eye Hospital, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Gene Expr Patterns 4:289-95. 2004..This is most notable for Wnt5a, which is barely detectable in the central lens epithelium at P21. Dkk1, Dkk2 and Dkk3 have similar patterns of expression to each other and to the majority of the Wnts during lens ..
- Hypomorphic expression of Dkk1 in the doubleridge mouse: dose dependence and compensatory interactions with Lrp6Bryan T MacDonald
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0618, USA
Development 131:2543-52. 2004..site and demonstrate that doubleridge acts in cis from a distance of 150 kb to reduce the expression of dickkopf 1 (Dkk1), the secreted Wnt antagonist...
- Sequential roles of Hedgehog and Wnt signaling in osteoblast developmentHongliang Hu
Department of Medicine, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 132:49-60. 2005..Finally Wnt7b is identified as a potential endogenous ligand regulating osteogenesis. These data support a model that integrates Hh and Wnt signaling in the regulation of osteoblast development...
- Induction of Dickkopf-1, a negative modulator of the Wnt pathway, is required for the development of ischemic neuronal deathIrene Cappuccio
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Rome La Sapienza, 00185 Rome, Italy
J Neurosci 25:2647-57. 2005..We conclude that induction of Dkk-1 with the ensuing inhibition of the canonical Wnt signaling pathway is required for the development of ischemic and excitotoxic neuronal death...
- Dynamic expression of Wnt signaling-related Dickkopf1, -2, and -3 mRNAs in the developing mouse toothKarianne Fjeld
Section of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, 5009 Bergen, Norway
Dev Dyn 233:161-6. 2005..Comparison of Dkk1, -2, and -3 mRNA expression during mouse tooth formation revealed that all three genes showed distinct ..
- Wnt/beta-catenin signaling acts upstream of N-myc, BMP4, and FGF signaling to regulate proximal-distal patterning in the lungWeiguo Shu
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Biol 283:226-39. 2005..Inhibition of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling, either by expression of Dkk1 or by tissue-specific deletion of beta-catenin, results in disruption of distal airway development and expansion of ..
- Conditional inactivation of Fgfr1 in mouse defines its role in limb bud establishment, outgrowth and digit patterningJamie M Verheyden
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Development 132:4235-45. 2005..Our study of these two Fgfr1 conditional mutants has elucidated the multiple roles of FGFR1 in limb bud establishment, growth and patterning...
- Dkk1, -2, and -3 expression in mouse craniofacial developmentXuguang Nie
Section of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies V91, 5009, Bergen, Norway
J Mol Histol 36:367-72. 2005The Dickkopf family is important for embryogenesis and postnatal development and growth. Dkk1 is a strong head inducer and knockout of this gene leads to absence of anterior head structures, which are predominantly formed through neural ..
- Deletion of a single allele of the Dkk1 gene leads to an increase in bone formation and bone massFrederic Morvan
Department of Cell Biology, Yale University, New Heaven, Connecticut, USA
J Bone Miner Res 21:934-45. 2006..Unexpectedly, the Wnt antagonist Dkk2 is required for terminal osteoblast differentiation and mineralized matrix formation. We show that Dkk1, unlike Dkk2, negatively regulates osteoblast differentiation and bone formation.
- Adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) is required for normal development of skin and thymusMari Kuraguchi
Harvard Partners Center for Genetics and Genomics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 2:e146. 2006....
- Expression of the Wnt inhibitor Dickkopf-1 is required for the induction of neural markers in mouse embryonic stem cells differentiating in response to retinoic acidR Verani
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Neurochem 100:242-50. 2007..These data suggest that induction of Dkk-1 and the ensuing inhibition of the canonical Wnt pathway is required for neural differentiation of ES cells...
- Wnt-beta-catenin signaling initiates taste papilla developmentFei Liu
Department of Dermatology and Cell, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Genet 39:106-12. 2007..genetic deletion of epithelial beta-catenin or inhibition of Wnt-beta-catenin signaling by ectopic dickkopf1 (Dkk1) blocks initiation of fungiform papilla morphogenesis...
- Wnt-dependent de novo hair follicle regeneration in adult mouse skin after woundingMayumi Ito
Department of Dermatology, Kligman Laboratories, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nature 447:316-20. 2007..These findings suggest treatments for wounds, hair loss and other degenerative skin disorders...
- Bone mass is inversely proportional to Dkk1 levels in miceBryan T MacDonald
Division of Neuroscience, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Bone 41:331-9. 2007..Dickkopf-1 (DKK1) is a secreted Wnt inhibitor that binds LRP5 and LRP6 during embryonic development, therefore it is expected that a ..
- Wnt signaling mediates regional specification in the vertebrate faceSamantha A Brugmann
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Development 134:3283-95. 2007..We also used a biochemical approach to perturb Wnt signaling and found that in utero delivery of a Wnt antagonist, Dkk1, produced similar midfacial malformations...
- Dkk1 and Wnt3 interact to control head morphogenesis in the mouseSamara L Lewis
Children s Medical Research Institute, University of Sydney, Wentworthville, New South Wales, NSW 2145, Australia
Development 135:1791-801. 2008Loss of Dkk1 results in ectopic WNT/beta-catenin signalling activity in the anterior germ layer tissues and impairs cell movement in the endoderm of the mouse gastrula...
- Characterization of the Kremen-binding site on Dkk1 and elucidation of the role of Kremen in Dkk-mediated Wnt antagonismKe Wang
State Key Laboratory of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, China
J Biol Chem 283:23371-5. 2008..range of developmental, physiological, and pathophysiological processes and is negatively regulated by Dickkopf1 (Dkk1)...
- DKK1 antagonizes Wnt signaling without promotion of LRP6 internalization and degradationMikhail V Semenov
F M Kirby Neurobiology Center, Children s Hospital Boston and Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, 61 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 283:21427-32. 2008b>DKK1 is a secreted protein that antagonizes Wnt signaling and plays essential roles in vertebrate embryogenesis including head induction, skeletal development, and limb patterning...
- Induction of the Wnt antagonist, Dickkopf-1, contributes to the development of neuronal death in models of brain focal ischemiaFederica Mastroiacovo
Istituto Neurologico Mediterraneo Neuromed, Pozzilli, Italy
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:264-76. 2009..These data rise the interesting possibility that Dkk-1 antagonists or drugs that rescue the Wnt pathway might be neuroprotective in stroke...
- Dickkopf (Dkk) 1 promotes the differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells toward neuroectodermXiang Bo Kong
The Key Laboratory of Forest Ecology and Environment, State Forestry Administration, Research Institute of Forest Ecology, Environment and Protection, Chinese Academy of Forestry, Beijing, China 100091
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 45:185-93. 2009..There are four Dkk genes in the human genome, and three in that of the mouse. Dkk1 is involved in a variety of craniofacial developmental processes and behaves as a strong head inducer and limb ..
- Stabilized beta-catenin in thymic epithelial cells blocks thymus development and functionSaulius Zuklys
Department of Clinical Biological Sciences, Laboratory of Pediatric Immunology, University of Basel, and Basel University Children s Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
J Immunol 182:2997-3007. 2009..These results suggest that a precise regulation of canonical Wnt signaling in thymic epithelia is essential for normal thymus development and function...
- The regulation of Dkk1 expression during embryonic developmentOliver Lieven
Institute for Animal Developmental and Molecular Biology Heinrich Heine University, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Dev Biol 340:256-68. 2010During embryogenesis, the Dkk1 mediated Wnt inhibition controls the spatiotemporal dynamics of cell fate determination, cell differentiation and cell death...
- DKK1 mediated inhibition of Wnt signaling in postnatal mice leads to loss of TEC progenitors and thymic degenerationMasako Osada
Department of Biology, The City College of New York, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9062. 2010..However, early blocks in thymic organogenesis or death of the mice have prevented analysis of a role of canonical Wnt signaling in the maintenance of TECs in the postnatal thymus...
- The Wnt antagonist Dickkopf-1 increases endothelial progenitor cell angiogenic potentialDavid M Smadja
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:2544-52. 2010..To determine the role of Wnt antagonist Dickkopf (DKK) 1 in human endothelial colony-forming cells (ECFCs) in view of the emerging importance of Wnt pathways in vascular biology...
- The Dkk1 dose is critical for eye developmentOliver Lieven
Institute for Animal Developmental, Molecular Biology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Dev Biol 355:124-37. 2011..In this study, we investigated a Dkk1+/- haploinsufficiency during eye development, resulting in coloboma and anterior eye defects, two common ..
- The WNT antagonist Dickkopf2 promotes angiogenesis in rodent and human endothelial cellsJeong Ki Min
Department of Biochemistry, College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Clin Invest 121:1882-93. 2011..Here, we report that Dickkopf1 (DKK1) and Dickkopf2 (DKK2), originally known as WNT antagonists, play opposite functional roles in regulating ..
- The secreted Wnt antagonist Dickkopf-1 is required for amyloid β-mediated synaptic lossSilvia A Purro
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 32:3492-8. 2012..The expression of the Wnt antagonist Dickkopf-1 (Dkk1) is increased in brains of AD patients and in AD transgenic mouse models, suggesting that dysfunction of Wnt ..
- Misexpression of Dickkopf-1 in endothelial cells, but not in chondrocytes or hypertrophic chondrocytes, causes defects in endochondral ossificationHwanhee Oh
Cell Dynamics Research Center and School of Life Sciences, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, Korea
J Bone Miner Res 27:1335-44. 2012..involves the action of Dickkopf (DKK), which is a family of soluble canonical Wnt antagonists with four members (DKK1-4)...
- LRP-6 is a coreceptor for multiple fibrogenic signaling pathways in pericytes and myofibroblasts that are inhibited by DKK-1Shuyu Ren
Division of Nephrology and Center for Lung Biology, Department of Medicine and Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:1440-5. 2013....
- Dkk1-mediated inhibition of Wnt signaling in bone results in osteopeniaJi Li
Department of Metabolic Disorders, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
Bone 39:754-66. 2006..We evaluated the potential role of Dkk1, an inhibitor of LRP5/6 activity, in bone formation by examining the normal expression pattern of Dkk1 in normal ..
- En1 and Wnt7a interact with Dkk1 during limb development in the mouseMaja Adamska
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0618, USA
Dev Biol 272:134-44. 2004..in Wnt7a null mice, while extra digits result from excess Wnt signaling in mice null for the Wnt antagonist Dkk1. The extra digits and expanded apical ectodermal ridge (AER) of Dkk1-deficient mice closely resemble En1 null mice...
- Dickkopf-1 (DKK1) reveals that fibronectin is a major target of Wnt signaling in branching morphogenesis of the mouse embryonic lungStijn P De Langhe
Developmental Biology Program, Department of Surgery, USC Keck School of Medicine and the Saban Research Institute of Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 277:316-31. 2005..In this study we show that Dkk1, -2, and -3 are expressed distally in the epithelium, while Kremen1, the needed co-receptor, is expressed ..
- Lrp4, a novel receptor for Dickkopf 1 and sclerostin, is expressed by osteoblasts and regulates bone growth and turnover in vivoHong Y Choi
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7930. 2009..Dickkopf1 (Dkk1) is another potent soluble Wnt inhibitor that binds to Lrp5 and Lrp6, can displace Lrp5-bound sclerostin and is ..
- Lrp6 hypomorphic mutation affects bone mass through bone resorption in mice and impairs interaction with MesdTakuo Kubota
Department of Pediatrics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 23:1661-71. 2008..These results indicate that Lrp6-mediated signaling controls postnatal bone mass, at least partly through the regulation of bone resorption. It is also suggested that the interaction with Mesd is critical for Lrp6 to function...
- Genetic ablation of FLRT3 reveals a novel morphogenetic function for the anterior visceral endoderm in suppressing mesoderm differentiationJoaquim Egea
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Genes Dev 22:3349-62. 2008..We propose that this novel function cooperates with the signaling activities of the AVE to restrict EMT and mesoderm induction to the posterior epiblast...
- Role of Epiprofin, a zinc-finger transcription factor, in limb developmentAna Talamillo
Departamento de Anatomía y Biología Celular Facultad de Medicina Universidad de Cantabria, 39011 Santander, Spain
Dev Biol 337:363-74. 2010....
- Reconstitution of a frizzled8.Wnt3a.LRP6 signaling complex reveals multiple Wnt and Dkk1 binding sites on LRP6Eric Bourhis
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 285:9172-9. 2010..We determine the binding affinities of Wnts and Dickkopf 1 (Dkk1) to the relevant co-receptors and reconstitute in vitro the Fz8 CRD.Wnt3a.LRP6 signaling complex...
- Loss-of-function of ACVR1 in osteoblasts increases bone mass and activates canonical Wnt signaling through suppression of Wnt inhibitors SOST and DKK1Nobuhiro Kamiya
Center for Excellence in Hip Disorders, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas, TX 75219, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 414:326-30. 2011..Interestingly, canonical Wnt signaling was increased and expression levels of Wnt inhibitors Sost and Dkk1 were both suppressed in the null bones during the developmental stages...
- Dickkopf1--a new player in modelling the Wnt pathwayLykke Pedersen
Center for Models of Life, Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 6:e25550. 2011..We therefore propose a new model where the negative feedback involves Dkk1 rather than Axin2...
- Matrix rigidity activates Wnt signaling through down-regulation of Dickkopf-1 proteinMaria V Barbolina
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60622, USA
J Biol Chem 288:141-51. 2013..Similar results were obtained in other tissue-invasive cells such as vascular endothelial cells, suggesting a novel mechanism for functional coupling of matrix adhesion with Wnt signaling...
- Distinct roles of DKK1 and DKK2 in tumor angiogenesisHongryeol Park
Department of Biochemistry, College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Yonsei University, Seoul, 120 752, Republic of Korea
Angiogenesis 17:221-34. 2014..We have previously shown that Dickkopf-1 (DKK1), a Wnt antagonist, inhibits and its homolog DKK2 enhances, angiogenesis in normal tissues...
- Dkk1 haploinsufficiency requires expression of Bmp2 for bone anabolic activityGiuseppe Intini
Department of Oral Medicine, Infection, and Immunity, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, 188 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA Harvard Stem Cell Institute, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA Electronic address
Bone 75:151-60. 2015..Mice haploinsufficient for Dkk1 (Dkk1(+/-)) exhibit a high bone mass phenotype due to an up-regulation of canonical Wnt signaling while mice ..
- Identification of the genes regulated by Wnt-4, a critical signal for commitment of the ovaryFlorence Naillat
Academy of Finland, Centre of Excellence of Cell Extracellular Matrix Research, Biocenter Oulu and Infotech Oulu, Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Exp Cell Res 332:163-78. 2015..The changes in gene expression due to the absence of Wnt-4 in gonads reflect the sexually dimorphic role of this signal and its complex gene network in mammalian gonad development...
- AVE protein expression and visceral endoderm cell behavior during anterior-posterior axis formation in mouse embryos: Asymmetry in OTX2 and DKK1 expressionHideharu Hoshino
Laboratory for Vertebrate Body Plan, Center for Developmental Biology CDB, RIKEN Kobe, 2 2 3 Minatojima Minami machi, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0046, Japan Electronic address
Dev Biol 402:175-91. 2015..This study compares the detailed expression patterns of OTX2, HHEX, CER1, LEFTY1 and DKK1 by immunohistology and live imaging at E4.5-E6.5. At E6...
- Epithelial Wnt/βcatenin signalling is essential for epididymal coilingManish Kumar
Gynaecology Oncology Group, School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, New South Wales 2308, Australia
Dev Biol 412:234-49. 2016..In summary, our work has established that epithelial canonical Wnt signalling is a critical regulator of WD coiling and its precise regulation is essential for WD/epididymal differentiation. ..
- Cerebrovascular defects in Foxc1 mutants correlate with aberrant WNT and VEGF-A pathways downstream of retinoic acid from the meningesSwati Mishra
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, School of Medicine Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Dev Biol 420:148-165. 2016..Our findings offer the first evidence for a role of the meninges in brain vascular development and provide new insight into potential causes of cerebrovascular defects in patients with FOXC1 mutations...
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 (ERK1) and ERK2 play essential roles in osteoblast differentiation and in supporting osteoclastogenesisTakehiko Matsushita
Department of Orthopaedics, Case Western Reserve University, 2109 Adelbert Road, BRB 329, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:5843-57. 2009..Thus, our results indicate that ERK1 and ERK2 not only play essential roles in the lineage specification of osteo-chondroprogenitor cells but also support osteoclast formation in vivo...
- Ectodermal Wnt/β-catenin signaling shapes the mouse faceBethany S Reid
Department of Craniofacial Biology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado Denver, 12801 East 17th Avenue, PO Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Dev Biol 349:261-9. 2011....
- HESX1- and TCF3-mediated repression of Wnt/β-catenin targets is required for normal development of the anterior forebrainCynthia L Andoniadou
Neural Development Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Development 138:4931-42. 2011....
- Dickkopf 1 promotes regression of hair folliclesMi H Kwack
Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
J Invest Dermatol 132:1554-60. 2012Recently, we suggested that Dickkopf 1 (DKK-1) is a pathogenic mediator involved in male pattern baldness...
- Involvement of Wnt signaling in dermal fibroblastsKenji Kabashima
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Am J Pathol 176:721-32. 2010..b>DKK1 and beta-catenin protein expressions were also evaluated by immunohistochemistry in the skin...
- beta-Catenin regulates intercellular signalling networks and cell-type specific transcription in the developing mouse midbrain-rhombomere 1 regionDmitri Chilov
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 5:e10881. 2010..These results highlight the role of beta-catenin in establishment of neuroectodermal signalling centers, promoting region-specific gene expression and regulation of cell fate determination...
- Generation and selection of novel fully human monoclonal antibodies that neutralize Dickkopf-1 (DKK1) inhibitory function in vitro and increase bone mass in vivoHelmut Glantschnig
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Biol Chem 285:40135-47. 2010..signaling is a central regulatory component of bone formative and resorptive activities, and the pathway inhibitor DKK1 is a suppressor of bone formation and bone mass accrual in mice...
- Wnt/β-catenin signaling activates bone morphogenetic protein 2 expression in osteoblastsRongrong Zhang
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Bone 52:145-56. 2013..In contrast, transcription of BMP2 in osteogenic cells was decreased by either blocking the Wnt pathway with DKK1 and sFRP4, or inhibiting β-catenin/TCF4 activity with FWD1/β-TrCP, ICAT, or ΔTCF4...
- Dickkopf-1 is a master regulator of joint remodelingDanielle Diarra
Department of Internal Medicine 3 and Institute for Clinical Immunology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Krankenhausstrasse 12, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Nat Med 13:156-63. 2007..We identified tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF) as a key inducer of DKK-1 in the mouse inflammatory arthritis model and in human rheumatoid arthritis. These results suggest that the Wnt pathway is a key regulator of joint remodeling...
- Proliferation and migration mediated by Dkk-1/Wnt/beta-catenin cascade in a model of hepatocellular carcinoma cellsXiaoran Qin
Department of Biochemistry, Institute for Molecular Biology, College of Life Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin, China
Transl Res 150:281-94. 2007..Therefore, we conclude that Dkk-1/Wnt/beta-catenin cascade may mediate the proliferation and migration of HCC cells during the metastasis process...
- Wnt signaling influences the development of murine epidermal Langerhans cellsMaria R Becker
Dermatology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1902, USA
J Invest Dermatol 131:1861-8. 2011..05) accumulation of EpCAM(+) DCs. In contrast, addition of the Wnt antagonist dickkopf-related protein 1 (Dkk1) decreased the number of EpCAM(+) DCs (21%; P<0.05)...
- Strain-specific caspase-3-dependent programmed cell death in the early developing mouse forebrainTakashi Momoi
Division of Developmental Differentiation, National Institute of Neuroscience, NCNP, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Neuroreport 14:111-5. 2003..A strain-dependent 'modulator' that regulates both caspase-3-dependent and -independent cell death pathways may control PCD in the ventral forebrain at E8.5-9.5...
- Crooked tail (Cd) model of human folate-responsive neural tube defects is mutated in Wnt coreceptor lipoprotein receptor-related protein 6Michelle Carter
Department of Neurology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:12843-8. 2005..Mutant LRP6 binds to Wnt and Dickkopf1 (Dkk1) but not Mesd1, and Dkk1 cannot antagonize Wnt in Cd/Cd cells, resulting in hyperactivity...
- The miRNA-processing enzyme dicer is essential for the morphogenesis and maintenance of hair folliclesThomas Andl
Departments of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Curr Biol 16:1041-9. 2006..These results reveal critical roles for Dicer in the skin and implicate miRNAs in key aspects of epidermal and hair-follicle development and function...
- Levels of mesenchymal FGFR2 signaling modulate smooth muscle progenitor cell commitment in the lungStijn P De Langhe
Developmental Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 299:52-62. 2006..Our work unravels part of the complex interactions that govern normal lung development and may be pertinent to understanding the basis of respiratory defects in Apert syndrome...
- Genetic interaction of Gsc and Dkk1 in head morphogenesis of the mouseSamara L Lewis
Embryology Unit, Children s Medical Research Institute, Locked Bag 23, Wentworthville, NSW 2145, Australia
Mech Dev 124:157-165. 2007Mouse embryos lacking Gsc and Dkk1 function display severe deficiencies in craniofacial structures which are not found in either Dkk1 homozygous null or Gsc homozygous null mutant embryos...
- Sfrp5 is not essential for axis formation in the mouseIrina Leaf
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Genesis 44:573-8. 2006..To determine whether the absence of an axis phenotype might be due to genetic redundancy with Dkk1 in the AVE we generated Sfrp5;Dkk1 double mutant mice...
- Noncanonical Wnt signaling through G protein-linked PKCdelta activation promotes bone formationXiaolin Tu
Department of Medicine, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Cell 12:113-27. 2007..Together, these results reveal a Wnt-dependent osteogenic mechanism, and they provide a potential target pathway for designing therapeutics to promote bone formation...
- Laser capture-microarray analysis of Lim1 mutant kidney developmentS Steven Potter
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Genesis 45:432-9. 2007..Of particular interest, the microarray data indicated that the Dkk1 gene, which encodes an inhibitor of Wnt signaling, was downregulated ninefold in mutants...
- Roles of Dickkopf-1 and its receptor Kremen1 during embryonic implantation in miceJing Li
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Fertil Steril 90:1470-9. 2008To determine the roles of Dickkopf-1 (Dkk1) in mouse embryo implantation.
- Dkk1-induced inhibition of Wnt signaling in osteoblast differentiation is an underlying mechanism of bone loss in multiple myelomaYa Wei Qiang
Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Bone 42:669-80. 2008Expression of the Wnt signaling inhibitor, DKK1 by multiple myeloma cells is correlated with lytic bone disease in multiple myeloma. However, the mechanism(s) by which DKK1 contributes to this process is not clear...
- Anti-DKK1 mAb (BHQ880) as a potential therapeutic agent for multiple myelomaMariateresa Fulciniti
Jerome Lipper Multiple Myeloma Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 114:371-9. 2009..The production of the soluble Wnt inhibitor Dickkopf-1 (DKK1) by MM cells inhibits OB activity, and its serum level correlates with focal bone lesions in MM...
- Removal of maternal retinoic acid by embryonic CYP26 is required for correct Nodal expression during early embryonic patterningMasayuki Uehara
Developmental Genetics Group, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Genes Dev 23:1689-98. 2009..These observations suggest that maternal RA must be removed by embryonic CYP26 for correct Nodal expression during embryonic patterning...
- Macrophage Wnt7b is critical for kidney repair and regenerationShuei Liong Lin
Laboratory of Inflammation Research, Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:4194-9. 2010....
- β-catenin causes renal dysplasia via upregulation of Tgfβ2 and Dkk1Darren Bridgewater
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:718-31. 2011..dysplastic tissue identified downregulation of genes required for ureteric branching and upregulation of Tgfβ2 and Dkk1. Treatment of wild-type kidney explants with TGFβ2 or DKK1 generated morphogenetic phenotypes strikingly similar ..
- The Wnt antagonist Dkk1 regulates intestinal epithelial homeostasis and wound repairStefan Koch
Epithelial Pathobiology Unit, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Gastroenterology 141:259-68, 268.e1-8. 2011b>Dkk1 is a secreted antagonist of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway. It is induced by inflammatory cytokines during colitis and exacerbates tissue damage by promoting apoptosis of epithelial cells...
- SMAD4-mediated WNT signaling controls the fate of cranial neural crest cells during tooth morphogenesisJingyuan Li
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSA 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Development 138:1977-89. 2011..At the molecular level, loss of Smad4 results in downregulation of the WNT pathway inhibitors Dkk1 and Sfrp1 and in the upregulation of canonical WNT signaling, including increased β-catenin activity...
- A mouse cerberus/Dan-related gene familyJ J Pearce
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, M5G 1X5, Ontario, Canada
Dev Biol 209:98-110. 1999..All three genes are able to inhibit Bmp4 signaling. These data suggest that the different family members may act to modulate the action of TGFbeta family members during development...
- Gene expression profiles in normal and Otx2-/- early gastrulating mouse embryosL Zakin
Unité d Embyologie Moléculaire, Unité de Recherche Associée 1947, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, and Laboratoire de Génomique des Microorganismes Pathogènes, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724, Paris Cedex 15, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:14388-93. 2000..Among a broader list, the study of six genes found to be differentially expressed allows defining a role for Otx2 in the orchestration of cell movements leading to the adequate organization of the embryo before gastrulation...
- Otx2 is required for visceral endoderm movement and for the restriction of posterior signals in the epiblast of the mouse embryoA Perea-Gomez
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM Universite Louis Pasteur, BP163, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, C U de Strasbourg, France
Development 128:753-65. 2001....
- Otx2 is required to respond to signals from anterior neural ridge for forebrain specificationE Tian
Department of Morphogenesis, Kumamoto University, Honjo 2 2 1, Kumamoto, 860 0811, Japan
Dev Biol 242:204-23. 2002..These results further suggest that Otx2 dosage may be crucial in the neural plate with respect to response to inductive signals primarily from the ANR for forebrain specification...
- Functional ablation of the mouse Ldb1 gene results in severe patterning defects during gastrulationMahua Mukhopadhyay
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin Madison Medical School, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Development 130:495-505. 2003..The expression of several Wnt inhibitors is curtailed in the mutant, suggesting that Wnt pathways may be involved in axial patterning regulated by Ldb1...
- The zinc-finger protein CNBP is required for forebrain formation in the mouseWei Chen
Department of Cytokine Biology, The Forsyth Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 130:1367-79. 2003..In these regions, Myc expression was absent, indicating CNBP targets Myc in rostral head formation. Our findings demonstrate that Cnbp is essential for the forebrain induction and specification...
- Wnt proteins induce dishevelled phosphorylation via an LRP5/6- independent mechanism, irrespective of their ability to stabilize beta-cateninJosé M González-Sancho
Strang Cancer Research Laboratory at The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:4757-68. 2004..Our data also present Dvl phosphorylation as a general biochemical assay for Wnt protein function, including those Wnts that do not activate the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway...
- Characterisation of the Wnt antagonists and their response to conditionally activated Wnt signalling in the developing mouse forebrainDzung B Diep
Section for Cellular and Genetic Therapy, Microbiology Institute, Forskningsparken, Gaustadalleen 21, Oslo 0349, Norway
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 153:261-70. 2004..At later developmental stages (E15.5, E17.5, and P0), little or no expression of dkk1, dkk2, and dkk4 was found in the forebrain, while dkk3 expression was detected in the ventricular zone (VZ) of the ..
- Identification of markers of the midfaceS G Gong
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, University of Michigan School of Dentistry 1011 N University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
J Dent Res 84:69-72. 2005..With the identification of these genes, and possibly others, functional analyses can be conducted to improve our understanding of the mechanisms and pathways by which the midface forms...
- Legless Transgene Insertion MutationS Potter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will provide deeper insight into the genetic program of limb development and might also find function for these genes in the formation of the brain and other organs. ..
- Development of the Metanephric MesenchymeS Potter; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Glomerulosclerosis in Human FSGS and Animal ModelsS Steven Potter; Fiscal Year: 2010....