Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dicer1
Description: dicer 1, ribonuclease type III
Alias: 1110006F08Rik, D12Ertd7e, mKIAA0928, endoribonuclease Dicer, Dicer1, Dcr-1 homolog, double-strand-specific ribonuclease mDCR-1
Publications133 found, 100 shown here
- Dicer is essential for mouse developmentEmily Bernstein
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Watson School of Biological Sciences, 1 Bungtown Road, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Nat Genet 35:215-7. 2003To address the biological function of RNA interference (RNAi)-related pathways in mammals, we disrupted the gene Dicer1 in mice. Loss of Dicer1 lead to lethality early in development, with Dicer1-null embryos depleted of stem cells...
- Characterization of the short RNAs bound by the P19 suppressor of RNA silencing in mouse embryonic stem cellsJ Mauro Calabrese
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02144, USA
RNA 12:2092-102. 2006..Our results support the previous observation that endogenous siRNAs are not abundant molecules in mouse ES cells...
- Dicer ablation affects antibody diversity and cell survival in the B lymphocyte lineageSergei B Koralov
Immune Disease Institute and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 132:860-74. 2008....
- Pseudogene-derived small interfering RNAs regulate gene expression in mouse oocytesOliver H Tam
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Watson School of Biological Sciences and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 1 Bungtown Road, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Nature 453:534-8. 2008..Our findings indicate a function for pseudogenes in regulating gene expression by means of the RNA interference pathway and may, in part, explain the evolutionary pressure to conserve argonaute-mediated catalysis in mammals...
- Dicer is required for female reproductive tract development and fertility in the mouseGabriel Gonzalez
Department of Genetics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 76:678-88. 2009....
- miRNAs are essential for survival and differentiation of newborn neurons but not for expansion of neural progenitors during early neurogenesis in the mouse embryonic neocortexDavide De Pietri Tonelli
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Pfotenhauerstrasse 108, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Development 135:3911-21. 2008..5. Our results support the emerging concept that progenitors are less dependent on miRNAs than their differentiated progeny, and raise interesting perspectives as to the expansion of somatic stem cells...
- Dicer1 functions as a haploinsufficient tumor suppressorMadhu S Kumar
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Genes Dev 23:2700-4. 2009..To explore this question, we analyzed the consequences of conditional Dicer1 mutation (Dicer1 "floxed" or Dicer1(fl)) on several mouse models of cancer...
- Aberrant T cell differentiation in the absence of DicerStefan A Muljo
The CBR Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 202:261-9. 2005..Independent of their proliferation defect, Dicer-deficient helper T cells preferentially expressed interferon-gamma, the hallmark effector cytokine of the Th1 lineage...
- Targeted deletion of Dicer in the heart leads to dilated cardiomyopathy and heart failureJian Fu Chen
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2111-6. 2008..Together, our studies demonstrate essential roles for Dicer in cardiac contraction and indicate that miRNAs play critical roles in normal cardiac function and under pathological conditions...
- Endogenous siRNAs from naturally formed dsRNAs regulate transcripts in mouse oocytesToshiaki Watanabe
Division of Human Genetics, Department of Integrated Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Research Organization of Information and Systems, Mishima 411 8540, Japan
Nature 453:539-43. 2008..Our results reveal a role for endogenous siRNAs in mammalian oocytes and show that organisms lacking RdRP activity can produce functional endogenous siRNAs from naturally occurring dsRNAs...
- Dicer inactivation leads to progressive functional and structural degeneration of the mouse retinaDevid Damiani
Neuroscience Institute, Italian National Research Council, 56100 Pisa, Italy
J Neurosci 28:4878-87. 2008..The observation that progressive retinal degeneration occurred after removal of Dicer raises the possibility that miRNAs are involved in retinal neurodegenerative disorders...
- T cell lineage choice and differentiation in the absence of the RNase III enzyme DicerBradley S Cobb
Lymphocyte Development Group, Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, London W12 0NN, England, UK
J Exp Med 201:1367-73. 2005..Thus, although Dicer seems to be critical for the development of the early embryo, it may have limited impact on the implementation of some lineage-specific gene expression programs...
- Dicer loss in striatal neurons produces behavioral and neuroanatomical phenotypes in the absence of neurodegenerationTrinna L Cuellar
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Diabetes Center, Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, and Departments of Ophthalmology and Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94122 0534, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:5614-9. 2008..These studies highlight the complicated nature of Dicer ablation in the brain and provide a useful mouse model for studying dopaminoceptive neuron function...
- MicroRNAs are essential for the developmental switch from neurogenesis to gliogenesis in the developing spinal cordKang Zheng
College of Life and Environmental Sciences, Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310036, China
J Neurosci 30:8245-50. 2010..By contrast, the early patterning and development of motor neurons were not affected in the mutant spinal cord tissue...
- miRNAs control insulin content in pancreatic β-cells via downregulation of transcriptional repressorsTal Melkman-Zehavi
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
EMBO J 30:835-45. 2011..While islet architecture is intact and differentiation markers are maintained, Dicer1-deficient β-cells show a dramatic decrease in insulin content and insulin mRNA...
- The RNAseIII enzyme Drosha is critical in T cells for preventing lethal inflammatory diseaseMark M W Chong
The Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine of the Skirball Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Exp Med 205:2005-17. 2008..Thus, miRNA-dependent regulation is critical for preventing spontaneous inflammation and autoimmunity...
- Dicer function is essential for lung epithelium morphogenesisKelley S Harris
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin, 425 G Henry Mall, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2208-13. 2006..The aberrant Fgf10 expression may contribute to the Dicer morphological defects. However, the mechanism by which DICER functions in the epithelium to influence Fgf10 expression in the mesenchyme remains unknown...
- DGCR8-dependent microRNA biogenesis is essential for skin developmentRui Yi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, and Laboratory of RNA Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:498-502. 2009..Our results underscore a specific importance of microRNAs in controlling mammalian skin development...
- Sertoli cell Dicer is essential for spermatogenesis in miceMarilena D Papaioannou
Department of Genetic Medicine and Development, University of Geneva Medical School, 1, rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Dev Biol 326:250-9. 2009..Overall, our results reveal novel essential roles played by the Dicer-dependent pathway in mammalian reproductive function, and thus pave the way for new insights into human infertility...
- A role for Dicer in immune regulationBradley S Cobb
Lymphocyte Development Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, London W12 0NN, England, UK
J Exp Med 203:2519-27. 2006..These results suggest that T reg cell development involves Dicer-generated RNAs...
- Impaired microRNA processing enhances cellular transformation and tumorigenesisMadhu S Kumar
MIT Center for Cancer Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Genet 39:673-7. 2007..Furthermore, conditional deletion of Dicer1 enhanced tumor development in a K-Ras-induced mouse model of lung cancer...
- DICER1 deficit induces Alu RNA toxicity in age-related macular degenerationHiroki Kaneko
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506, USA
Nature 471:325-30. 2011..Here we show that the microRNA (miRNA)-processing enzyme DICER1 is reduced in the RPE of humans with GA, and that conditional ablation of Dicer1, but not seven other miRNA-..
- Cerebellar neurodegeneration in the absence of microRNAsAnne Schaefer
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience and 2Laboratory of Lymphocyte Signaling, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 204:1553-8. 2007..The progressive neurodegeneration in the absence of Dicer raises the possibility of an involvement of miRNAs in neurodegenerative disorders...
- Tie2cre-induced inactivation of the miRNA-processing enzyme Dicer disrupts invariant NKT cell developmentLi Zhou
Henry Ford Immunology Program, and Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:10266-71. 2009..Our data indicate that miRNAs expressed in hematopoietic cells and endothelial cells are potent regulators of iNKT cell development, function, and homeostasis...
- Dicer is required for survival of differentiating neural crest cellsAhmet Zehir
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Dev Biol 340:459-67. 2010..Our results show that Dicer and miRNAs, are required for survival of NC-derived tissues by preventing apoptosis during differentiation...
- Canonical and alternate functions of the microRNA biogenesis machineryMark M W Chong
Molecular Pathogenesis Program, Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Genes Dev 24:1951-60. 2010..Together, these findings extend the range of function of RNaseIII enzymes beyond canonical miRNA biogenesis, and help explain the nonoverlapping phenotypes caused by Drosha and Dicer deficiency...
- MicroRNAs regulate pituitary development, and microRNA 26b specifically targets lymphoid enhancer factor 1 (Lef-1), which modulates pituitary transcription factor 1 (Pit-1) expressionZichao Zhang
Center for Environmental and Genetic Medicine, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 285:34718-28. 2010..the role of microRNAs (miRNAs) in pituitary development, a group of pituitary-specific miRNAs were identified, and Dicer1 was then conditionally knocked out using the Pitx2-Cre mouse, resulting in the loss of mature miRNAs in the ..
- Dicer1 is required for differentiation of the mouse male germlineDanielle M Maatouk
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco Diabetes Center, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Biol Reprod 79:696-703. 2008..The enzyme Dicer1 is required for miRNA processing, and mouse knockouts of Dicer1 are embryonic lethal before 7.5 days postcoitus...
- MicroRNAs are essential for development and function of inner ear hair cells in vertebratesLilach M Friedman
Department of Human Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7915-20. 2009..A conditional knock-out mouse for Dicer1 demonstrated that miRNAs are crucial for postnatal survival of functional hair cells of the inner ear...
- Dicer activity in neural crest cells is essential for craniofacial organogenesis and pharyngeal arch artery morphogenesisXuguang Nie
Department of Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Mech Dev 128:200-7. 2011..Taken together, our results show that Dicer activity in NCCs is essential for craniofacial development and pharyngeal arch artery morphogenesis...
- Podocyte-specific deletion of dicer alters cytoskeletal dynamics and causes glomerular diseaseScott J Harvey
Renal Division, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:2150-8. 2008..The unique architecture of podocytes may make them especially susceptible to cytoskeletal alterations initiated by aberrant miRNA dynamics...
- Perturbations of microRNA function in mouse dicer mutants produce retinal defects and lead to aberrant axon pathfinding at the optic chiasmRita Pinter
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e10021. 2010..However, their involvement in axon guidance decisions is less clear...
- miRNAs control tracheal chondrocyte differentiationBen Gradus
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
Dev Biol 360:58-65. 2011..Specific inhibition of miR-125b and miR-30a/c in chondrocytes or Dicer1 knockout in the trachea, de-repress Snail1...
- Dicer1 deletion in myeloid-committed progenitors causes neutrophil dysplasia and blocks macrophage/dendritic cell development in miceMir Farshid Alemdehy
Department of Hematology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 50, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 119:4723-30. 2012..To address this issue, we deleted Dicer1, which encodes an essential RNase III enzyme for miRNA biogenesis, in murine CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein α (C/..
- Reversible block of mouse neural stem cell differentiation in the absence of dicer and microRNAsTherese Andersson
Gurdon Institute, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e13453. 2010....
- RNAi and expression of retrotransposons MuERV-L and IAP in preimplantation mouse embryosPetr Svoboda
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6018, USA
Dev Biol 269:276-85. 2004....
- MicroRNA expression is required for pancreatic islet cell genesis in the mouseFrancis C Lynn
Diabetes Center, Hormone Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143 0534, USA
Diabetes 56:2938-45. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that microRNAs (miRNAs), which limit gene expression through posttranscriptional silencing, modulate the gene expression cascades involved in pancreas development...
- Genetic analyses reveal a requirement for Dicer1 in the mouse urogenital tractLaura M Pastorelli
Mammalian Genetics Unit, MRC Harwell, Oxfordshire, OX11 0RD, UK
Mamm Genome 20:140-51. 2009..Many studies investigating miRNA function focus on the processing enzyme Dicer1, which is an RNAseIII protein essential for the biogenesis of active miRNAs through its cleavage of precursor RNA ..
- Dicer-dependent pathways regulate chondrocyte proliferation and differentiationTatsuya Kobayashi
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1949-54. 2008..Our results demonstrate the critical role of the Dicer-dependent pathway in the regulation of chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation during skeletal development...
- Structural and biochemical insights into the dicing mechanism of mouse Dicer: a conserved lysine is critical for dsRNA cleavageZhihua Du
Departments of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158 2517, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2391-6. 2008..N-terminal residues of this alpha-helix have the potential to engage in minor groove interaction with dsRNA substrates...
- miRNA-processing enzyme Dicer is necessary for cardiac outflow tract alignment and chamber septationAnkur Saxena
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:87-91. 2010..In sum, we demonstrate here a specific developmental process, that of outflow tract morphogenesis, being hindered by the deletion of miRNAs during cardiogenesis...
- MicroRNA biogenesis is required for Myc-induced B-cell lymphoma development and survivalMaria Pia Arrate
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Cancer Res 70:6083-92. 2010..Thus, Dicer does not function as a haploinsufficient tumor suppressor in B cells and is required for B-cell lymphoma development and survival...
- Inactivation of Dicer1 has a severe cumulative impact on the formation of mature germ cells in mouse testesDekang Liu
Key Laboratory of National Reproductive Medicine, Department of Cell Biology and Medical Genetics, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210029, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 422:114-20. 2012b>Dicer1, an RNase III endonuclease, is indispensable for the maturation of miRNA and siRNA, which control gene expression through the RNAi pathway...
- Molecular characterization of a mouse cDNA encoding Dicer, a ribonuclease III ortholog involved in RNA interferenceRhonda H Nicholson
Department of Biological Sciences, Wayne State University, 5047 Gullen Mall, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Mamm Genome 13:67-73. 2002..The highly conserved set of functional domains and the occurrence of a single-copy gene strongly indicate that the encoded protein is the RNase III ortholog responsible for dsRNA processing in the RNAi pathway...
- MicroRNA biogenesis is required for mouse primordial germ cell development and spermatogenesisKatsuhiko Hayashi
Wellcome Trust Cancer Research United Kingdom Gurdon Institute, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 3:e1738. 2008..Although it has been clear that piRNAs play a role in repression of retrotransposons during spermatogenesis, the function of miRNA in mouse germ cells has been unclear...
- miR-328 functions as an RNA decoy to modulate hnRNP E2 regulation of mRNA translation in leukemic blastsAnna M Eiring
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cell 140:652-65. 2010..Altogether, these data reveal the dual ability of a microRNA to control cell fate both through base pairing with mRNA targets and through a decoy activity that interferes with the function of regulatory proteins...
- Short-interfering-RNA-mediated gene silencing in mammalian cells requires Dicer and eIF2C translation initiation factorsNoboru Doi
Department of Biophysics, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, 113 0033, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Curr Biol 13:41-6. 2003..Immunoprecipitation experiments suggest that, in human and mouse cells, complex formation occurs between Dicer and eIF2C1 or 2 and that the PIWI domain of eIF2C is essential for the formation of this complex...
- Genomic imprinting in Dicer1-hypomorphic miceM Fukasawa
Biosignal Genome Resource Center, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Gunma University, Maebashi, Japan
Cytogenet Genome Res 113:138-43. 2006..the function of RNA interference (RNAi) in transcriptional silencing in mammals, we analyzed genomic imprinting in Dicer1-hypomorphic mice, in which Dicer1 expression was significantly reduced...
- The regulatory role of Dicer in folliculogenesis in miceLei Lei
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 315:63-73. 2010..In the mouse ovary, the Dicer1 protein was expressed in both oocyte and granulosa cells of the follicle...
- Argonaute 2 in dopamine 2 receptor-expressing neurons regulates cocaine addictionAnne Schaefer
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Exp Med 207:1843-51. 2010..Comparison of miRNAs affected by Ago2 deficiency with miRNAs that are enriched and/or up-regulated in Drd2-neurons in response to cocaine identified a set of miRNAs that are likely to play a role in cocaine addiction...
- Dicer is required for embryonic angiogenesis during mouse developmentWei J Yang
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Biol Chem 280:9330-5. 2005....
- Dicer-deficient mouse embryonic stem cells are defective in differentiation and centromeric silencingChryssa Kanellopoulou
The Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Cancer Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 19:489-501. 2005..Our data suggest that Dicer participates in multiple, fundamental biological processes in a mammalian organism, ranging from stem cell differentiation to the maintenance of centromeric heterochromatin structure and centromeric silencing...
- The RNaseIII enzyme Dicer is required for morphogenesis but not patterning of the vertebrate limbBrian D Harfe
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:10898-903. 2005..Thus, Dicer is required for the formation of normal mouse limbs. Strikingly, however, we did not detect defects in basic patterning or in tissue-specific differentiation of Dicer-deficient limb buds...
- Characterization of Dicer-deficient murine embryonic stem cellsElizabeth P Murchison
Watson School of Biological Sciences, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, 1 Bungtown Road, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:12135-40. 2005..These studies provide a conditional model of RNAi deficiency in mammals that will permit the dissection of the biological roles of the RNAi machinery in cultured mammalian cells...
- Morphogenesis in skin is governed by discrete sets of differentially expressed microRNAsRui Yi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Genet 38:356-62. 2006..To explore the functional significance of this finding, we conditionally targeted Dicer1 gene ablation in embryonic skin progenitors...
- The miRNA-processing enzyme dicer is essential for the morphogenesis and maintenance of hair folliclesThomas Andl
Departments of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Curr Biol 16:1041-9. 2006..These results reveal critical roles for Dicer in the skin and implicate miRNAs in key aspects of epidermal and hair-follicle development and function...
- Critical roles for Dicer in the female germlineElizabeth P Murchison
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Watson School of Biological Sciences and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Genes Dev 21:682-93. 2007..Our studies identify Dicer as central to a regulatory network that controls oocyte gene expression programs and that promotes genomic integrity in a cell type notoriously susceptible to aneuploidy...
- Dysregulation of cardiogenesis, cardiac conduction, and cell cycle in mice lacking miRNA-1-2Yong Zhao
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, 1650 Owens Street, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Cell 129:303-17. 2007..These findings indicate that subtle alteration of miRNA dosage can have profound consequences in mammals and demonstrate the utility of mammalian loss-of-function models in revealing physiologic miRNA targets...
- Hypersusceptibility to vesicular stomatitis virus infection in Dicer1-deficient mice is due to impaired miR24 and miR93 expressionMotoyuki Otsuka
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Immunity 27:123-34. 2007..We show that because of impaired miRNA production, mice with a variant Dicer1 allele (Dicer1(d/d)) were more susceptible to vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV) infection...
- A MicroRNA feedback circuit in midbrain dopamine neuronsJongpil Kim
Departments of Pathology and Neurology, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, and Taub Institute, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons 15 403, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Science 317:1220-4. 2007..We propose a role for this feedback circuit in the fine-tuning of dopaminergic behaviors such as locomotion...
- Essential role for Dicer during skeletal muscle developmentJason R O'Rourke
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and the Genetics Institute, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 0266, USA
Dev Biol 311:359-68. 2007..These observations demonstrate key roles for Dicer in skeletal muscle and implicate miRNAs as critical components required for embryonic myogenesis...
- Conditional loss of Dicer disrupts cellular and tissue morphogenesis in the cortex and hippocampusTigwa H Davis
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0730, USA
J Neurosci 28:4322-30. 2008....
- Deletion of Dicer in somatic cells of the female reproductive tract causes sterilityAnkur K Nagaraja
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:2336-52. 2008..Cre recombinase is driven by the anti-Müllerian hormone receptor type 2 promoter, we conditionally inactivated Dicer1 in the mesenchyme of the developing Müllerian ducts and postnatally in ovarian granulosa cells and mesenchyme-..
- Dicer1 is essential for female fertility and normal development of the female reproductive systemXiaoman Hong
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Endocrinology 149:6207-12. 2008The ribonuclease III endonuclease, Dicer1 (also known as Dicer), is essential for the synthesis of the 19-25 nucleotide noncoding RNAs known as micro-RNAs (miRNAs)...
- Selective miRNA disruption in T reg cells leads to uncontrolled autoimmunityXuyu Zhou
Diabetes Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Exp Med 205:1983-91. 2008..These results support a central role for miRNAs in maintaining the stability of differentiated T reg cell function in vivo and homeostasis of the adaptive immune system...
- Podocyte-selective deletion of dicer induces proteinuria and glomerulosclerosisShaolin Shi
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:2159-69. 2008..Taken together, these results provide a knowledge base for ongoing investigations to validate functional roles for the mir-30 miRNA family in podocyte homeostasis and podocytopathies...
- Dicer-dependent endothelial microRNAs are necessary for postnatal angiogenesisYajaira Suarez
Department of Immunobiology, Vascular Biology and Therapeutics Program, Yale University School of Medicine, Amistad Research Building, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:14082-7. 2008..Thus, endothelial miRNAs regulate postnatal angiogenesis and VEGF induces the expression of miRNAs implicated in the regulation of an integrated angiogenic response...
- Conditional dicer gene deletion in the postnatal myocardium provokes spontaneous cardiac remodelingPaula A da Costa Martins
Department of Medical Physiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
Circulation 118:1567-76. 2008..Dicer, an RNAse III endonuclease critical for processing of pre-microRNAs (miRNAs) into mature 22-nucleotide miRNAs, has proven a useful target to dissect the significance of miRNAs biogenesis in mammalian biology...
- Dicer is required for maintaining adult pancreasSumiyo Morita
Laboratory of Genome Science, Biosignal Genome Resource Center, Institute for Molecular and Cellular Regulation, Gunma University, Showa Machi Maebashi, Japan
PLoS ONE 4:e4212. 2009b>Dicer1, an essential component of RNA interference and the microRNA pathway, has many important roles in the morphogenesis of developing tissues. Dicer1 null mice have been reported to die at E7...
- Residual microRNA expression dictates the extent of inner ear development in conditional Dicer knockout miceGarrett A Soukup
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University School of Medicine, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Dev Biol 328:328-41. 2009..The correlation of differential and delayed depletion of mature miRNAs with the derailment of inner ear development demonstrates that miRNAs are crucial for inner ear neurosensory development and neurosensory-dependent morphogenesis...
- Characterization of the TRBP domain required for dicer interaction and function in RNA interferenceSylvanne M Daniels
Virus Cell Interactions Laboratory, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BMC Mol Biol 10:38. 2009..While Dicer and Ago2 are RNases, TRBP is the double-stranded RNA binding protein (dsRBP) that loads small interfering RNA into the RISC. TRBP binds directly to Dicer through its C-terminal domain...
- Role of Dicer in female fertilityLacey J Luense
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Trends Endocrinol Metab 20:265-72. 2009..This review discusses these early studies and other data describing the current understanding of microRNAs and small interfering RNAs in female reproduction...
- Targeted deletion of Dicer disrupts lens morphogenesis, corneal epithelium stratification, and whole eye developmentYan Li
Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Biology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Dev Dyn 238:2388-400. 2009..5 and E14.5 but decreased as the lens degenerated. Our data indicated an indispensible role for Dicer and miRNAs in lens and corneal development...
- Dicer is required for proper liver zonationShigeki Sekine
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1, Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Pathol 219:365-72. 2009..we examined the distribution of proteins exhibiting pericentral or periportal localization in hepatocyte-specific Dicer1 knockout mouse livers...
- Different timings of Dicer deletion affect neurogenesis and gliogenesis in the developing mouse central nervous systemYoko Kawase-Koga
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10065, USA
Dev Dyn 238:2800-12. 2009..Our studies of different timings of Dicer deletion demonstrate the importance of the Dicer-mediated microRNA pathway in regulating distinct phases of neurogenesis and gliogenesis during the CNS development...
- Monoallelic but not biallelic loss of Dicer1 promotes tumorigenesis in vivoI Lambertz
Laboratory For Molecular Cancer Biology, VIB UGent, Ghent B9052, Belgium
Cell Death Differ 17:633-41. 2010..To explore this possibility in more detail in vivo, we have manipulated Dicer1 gene dosage in a mouse model of retinoblastoma...
- Dicer ablation in oligodendrocytes provokes neuronal impairment in miceDaesung Shin
Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Ann Neurol 66:843-57. 2009..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) regulate gene expression and have many roles in the brain, but a role in oligodendrocyte (OL) function has not been demonstrated...
- Dicer inactivation in osteoprogenitor cells compromises fetal survival and bone formation, while excision in differentiated osteoblasts increases bone mass in the adult mouseTripti Gaur
Department of Cell Biology and Cancer Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Dev Biol 340:10-21. 2010..We propose that Dicer generated miRs are essential for two periods of bone formation, to promote osteoblast differentiation before birth, and control bone accrual in the adult...
- RNAase-III enzyme Dicer maintains signaling pathways for differentiation and survival in mouse cortical neural stem cellsYoko Kawase-Koga
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, Box 60, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Cell Sci 123:586-94. 2010..Our results demonstrate important functions for Dicer in regulating NSC development by maintaining proper signaling pathways related to cell survival and differentiation...
- Dicer1 and miR-219 Are required for normal oligodendrocyte differentiation and myelinationJason C Dugas
Department of Neurobiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5125, USA
Neuron 65:597-611. 2010..mice in which microRNA processing was disrupted in OL precursor cells (OPCs) and OLs by targeted deletion of Dicer1. We found that inhibition of OPC-OL miRNA processing disrupts normal CNS myelination and that OPCs lacking mature ..
- Dicer is required for the transition from early to late progenitor state in the developing mouse retinaSean A Georgi
Neurobiology and Behavior Program, Department of Biological Structure, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Neurosci 30:4048-61. 2010..We conclude that Dicer is necessary for the developmental change in competence of the retinal progenitor cells...
- MicroRNAs are necessary for vascular smooth muscle growth, differentiation, and functionSebastian Albinsson
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1118-26. 2010..Here, we investigated the role of miRNAs in VSM by deleting the rate-limiting enzyme in miRNA synthesis, Dicer...
- Dicer ablation impairs prostate stem cell activity and causes prostate atrophyLi Zhang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Stem Cells 28:1260-9. 2010..Our results demonstrate a critical role of microRNAs for the proliferative capacity of prostate stem cells and the maintenance of prostate homeostasis...
- Inactivation of Dicer1 in Steroidogenic factor 1-positive cells reveals tissue-specific requirement for Dicer1 in adrenal, testis, and ovaryChen Che J Huang
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, USA
BMC Dev Biol 10:66. 2010The synthesis of microRNA (miRNA) is a multi-step process that requires the action of the ribonuclease Dicer1. Dicer1 is responsible for the final processing of miRNA and has been implicated in cellular processes such as proliferation, ..
- A MicroRNA targeting dicer for metastasis controlGraziano Martello
Department of Histology, Microbiology and Medical Biotechnologies, University of Padua School of Medicine, viale Colombo 3, 35126 Padua, Italy
Cell 141:1195-207. 2010..These findings suggest a new pathway by which Dicer inhibition drifts epithelial cancer toward a less-differentiated, mesenchymal fate to foster metastasis...
- miRNA malfunction causes spinal motor neuron diseaseSharon Haramati
Department of Neurobiology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:13111-6. 2010..These data provide evidence for miRNA function in SMN diseases and emphasize the potential role of miR-9-based regulatory mechanisms in adult neurons and neurodegenerative states...
- Genetic ablation of Dicer in adult forebrain neurons results in abnormal tau hyperphosphorylation and neurodegenerationSébastien S Hébert
Centre de Recherche du CHUQ CHUL, Axe Neurosciences, Quebec, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 19:3959-69. 2010..In summary, these results support the hypothesis that changes in the miRNA network may contribute to a neurodegenerative phenotype by affecting tau phosphorylation...
- Conserved vertebrate mir-451 provides a platform for Dicer-independent, Ago2-mediated microRNA biogenesisJr Shiuan Yang
Department of Developmental Biology, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:15163-8. 2010..Beyond the demonstration of an alternative strategy to direct gene silencing, these observations open the way for transgenic rescue of Dicer conditional knockouts...
- Small RNAs control sodium channel expression, nociceptor excitability, and pain thresholdsJing Zhao
Molecular Nociception Group, Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, Research Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 30:10860-71. 2010..MicroRNA microarray and deep sequencing identified known and novel nociceptor microRNAs in mouse Nav1.8+ sensory neurons that may regulate nociceptor gene expression...
- MicroRNA loss enhances learning and memory in miceWitold Konopka
Molecular Biology of the Cell I, German Cancer Research Center, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 30:14835-42. 2010..In vivo experiments using cell type-specific Dicer1 gene inactivation in neurons showed its essential role for neuronal development and survival...
- MicroRNAs prevent the generation of autoreactive antibodiesLaura Belver
DNA Hypermutation and Cancer Group, Spanish National Cancer Research Center CNIO, Madrid 28029, Spain
Immunity 33:713-22. 2010..Here, we have examined the role of microRNAs in terminal B cell differentiation by analyzing Cd19-Cre(ki/+) Dicer1(fl/fl) mice...
- Mir-17-3p controls spinal neural progenitor patterning by regulating Olig2/Irx3 cross-repressive loopJun An Chen
Departments of Pathology and Cell Biology, Neurology, and Neuroscience, Center for Motor Neuron Biology and Disease, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 69:721-35. 2011....
- Analysis of microRNA turnover in mammalian cells following Dicer1 ablationMichael P Gantier
Centre for Cancer Research, Centre for Innate Immunity and Infectious Diseases, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Nucleic Acids Res 39:5692-703. 2011..Accordingly, we measured miRNA decay rates in mouse embryonic fibroblasts following loss of Dicer1 enzymatic activity...
- Smooth muscle miRNAs are critical for post-natal regulation of blood pressure and vascular functionSebastian Albinsson
Department of Pharmacology, Vascular Biology and Therapeutics Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18869. 2011..Although the phenotype of miR-143/145 deficient mice resembles the loss of Dicer, the phenotypes of SM-Dicer KO mice were far more severe suggesting that additional miRNAs are involved in maintaining postnatal SMC differentiation...
- MicroRNAs dynamically remodel gastrointestinal smooth muscle cellsChanjae Park
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18628. 2011..Taken together, our data suggest that SMC miRNAs are required for the development and survival of SMCs in the GI tract...
- Deletion of astroglial Dicer causes non-cell-autonomous neuronal dysfunction and degenerationJifang Tao
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Neurosci 31:8306-19. 2011....
- A role for noncanonical microRNAs in the mammalian brain revealed by phenotypic differences in Dgcr8 versus Dicer1 knockouts and small RNA sequencingJoshua E Babiarz
The Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research, Center for Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
RNA 17:1489-501. 2011..endo-siRNAs) are distinct subclasses of small RNAs that bypass the DGCR8/DROSHA Microprocessor but still require DICER1 for their biogenesis. What role, if any, they have in mammals remains unknown...
- Male germ cells express abundant endogenous siRNAsRui Song
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:13159-64. 2011..Overall, our work has unveiled another hidden layer of regulation imposed by small noncoding RNAs during male germ cell development...
- Dicer1 depletion in male germ cells leads to infertility due to cumulative meiotic and spermiogenic defectsYannick Romero
Department of Genetic Medicine and Development, University of Geneva Medical School, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e25241. 2011..b>DICER1, an RNAse III endonuclease, is essential for the biogenesis of several classes of small RNAs, including microRNAs (..
- The RNase III enzyme Dicer is essential for germinal center B-cell formationShengli Xu
Bioprocessing Technology Institute, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore
Blood 119:767-76. 2012..Taken together, our data suggest that Dicer and probably miRNAs are critical for GC B-cell formation during B-cell terminal differentiation...
- The microRNA-processing enzyme Dicer is essential for thyroid functionDaniela Frezzetti
IRGS Biogem s c ar l, Ariano Irpino, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e27648. 2011....
- ALZHEIMER PATHOPHYSIOLOGY IN HUMAN CATARACT FORMATIONPETER FREDERIKSE; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Identify and characterize novel Wnt pathway genesBrian Harfe; Fiscal Year: 2006..The PIs have experience working with C. elegans, mice and chick model systems and are positioned to take full advantage of each system. ..
- The Role of TIMP-1 in Uterine PhysiologyWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will broaden our understanding on the role of TIMP-1 in uterine physiology and may help to develop new strategies to treat uterine disorders such as infertility, endometriosis and uterine cancer. ..
- Small RNAs in skeletogenesisTatsuya Kobayashi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Estrogen regulation of uterine microRNAs: Novel factors in MMP-9 regulationWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..Enhancing our understanding on the regulation of MMP-9 expression may lead to the establishment of novel approaches to counteract mis-expression of this protease and the diseases associated with it. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Alzheimer disease biomarkers in lensPeter H Frederikse; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies build on our earlier studies to understand the role of AbetaPP and Abeta in the lens which are already providing a new and specific conceptual basis for understanding cataract and its links with the brain. ..