Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dicer1
Description: dicer 1, ribonuclease type III
Alias: 1110006F08Rik, D12Ertd7e, mKIAA0928, endoribonuclease Dicer, Dicer1, Dcr-1 homolog, double-strand-specific ribonuclease mDCR-1
- Bernstein E, Kim S, Carmell M, Murchison E, Alcorn H, Li M, et al. Dicer is essential for mouse development. Nat Genet. 2003;35:215-7 pubmedTo address the biological function of RNA interference (RNAi)-related pathways in mammals, we disrupted the gene Dicer1 in mice. Loss of Dicer1 lead to lethality early in development, with Dicer1-null embryos depleted of stem cells...
- Fedeli M, Napolitano A, Wong M, Marcais A, de Lalla C, Colucci F, et al. Dicer-dependent microRNA pathway controls invariant NKT cell development. J Immunol. 2009;183:2506-12 pubmed publisher..Together, these results define a critical role of the Dicer-dependent miRNA pathway in the physiology of iNKT cells. ..
- Hébert S, Papadopoulou A, Smith P, Galas M, Planel E, Silahtaroglu A, et al. Genetic ablation of Dicer in adult forebrain neurons results in abnormal tau hyperphosphorylation and neurodegeneration. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3959-69 pubmed publisher..In summary, these results support the hypothesis that changes in the miRNA network may contribute to a neurodegenerative phenotype by affecting tau phosphorylation. ..
- Zhao X, He X, Han X, Yu Y, Ye F, Chen Y, et al. MicroRNA-mediated control of oligodendrocyte differentiation. Neuron. 2010;65:612-26 pubmed publisher..role of miRNAs in the formation of myelinating oligodendrocytes, we selectively deleted a miRNA-processing enzyme, Dicer1, in oligodendrocyte lineage cells...
- da Costa Martins P, Bourajjaj M, Gladka M, Kortland M, van Oort R, Pinto Y, et al. Conditional dicer gene deletion in the postnatal myocardium provokes spontaneous cardiac remodeling. Circulation. 2008;118:1567-76 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that modifications in miRNA biogenesis affect both juvenile and adult myocardial morphology and function. ..
- Teta M, Choi Y, Okegbe T, Wong G, Tam O, Chong M, et al. Inducible deletion of epidermal Dicer and Drosha reveals multiple functions for miRNAs in postnatal skin. Development. 2012;139:1405-16 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this, Dicer deletion resulted in the upregulation of multiple direct targets of the highly expressed epithelial miRNA miR-205. ..
- Kirigin F, Lindstedt K, Sellars M, Ciofani M, Low S, Jones L, et al. Dynamic microRNA gene transcription and processing during T cell development. J Immunol. 2012;188:3257-67 pubmed publisher..The longest was pri-mir-29b-1/29a at ?168 kb. All the long pri-miRNAs also displayed extensive splicing. Our findings indicate that miRNA expression during T cell development is both a highly dynamic and a highly regulated process. ..
- Babiarz J, Hsu R, Melton C, Thomas M, Ullian E, Blelloch R. A role for noncanonical microRNAs in the mammalian brain revealed by phenotypic differences in Dgcr8 versus Dicer1 knockouts and small RNA sequencing. RNA. 2011;17:1489-501 pubmed publisher..endo-siRNAs) are distinct subclasses of small RNAs that bypass the DGCR8/DROSHA Microprocessor but still require DICER1 for their biogenesis. What role, if any, they have in mammals remains unknown...
- Kersigo J, D Angelo A, Gray B, Soukup G, Fritzsch B. The role of sensory organs and the forebrain for the development of the craniofacial shape as revealed by Foxg1-cre-mediated microRNA loss. Genesis. 2011;49:326-41 pubmed publisher..Here we investigate the effects of a Foxg1-cre-mediated conditional deletion of Dicer1 and microRNA (miRNA) depletion on mouse embryos...
- Kim J, Inoue K, Ishii J, Vanti W, Voronov S, Murchison E, et al. A MicroRNA feedback circuit in midbrain dopamine neurons. Science. 2007;317:1220-4 pubmed..We propose a role for this feedback circuit in the fine-tuning of dopaminergic behaviors such as locomotion. ..
- Gaur T, Hussain S, Mudhasani R, Parulkar I, Colby J, Frederick D, et al. Dicer inactivation in osteoprogenitor cells compromises fetal survival and bone formation, while excision in differentiated osteoblasts increases bone mass in the adult mouse. Dev Biol. 2010;340:10-21 pubmed publisher..We propose that Dicer generated miRs are essential for two periods of bone formation, to promote osteoblast differentiation before birth, and control bone accrual in the adult. ..
- Hayashi K, Chuva de Sousa Lopes S, Kaneda M, Tang F, Hajkova P, Lao K, et al. MicroRNA biogenesis is required for mouse primordial germ cell development and spermatogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1738 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, based on normal spermatogenesis in Argonaute2-deficient testis, the critical function of Dicer in spermatogenesis is independent of Argonaute2. ..
- Nie X, Wang Q, Jiao K. Dicer activity in neural crest cells is essential for craniofacial organogenesis and pharyngeal arch artery morphogenesis. Mech Dev. 2011;128:200-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that Dicer activity in NCCs is essential for craniofacial development and pharyngeal arch artery morphogenesis. ..
- Doi N, Zenno S, Ueda R, Ohki Hamazaki H, Ui Tei K, Saigo K. Short-interfering-RNA-mediated gene silencing in mammalian cells requires Dicer and eIF2C translation initiation factors. Curr Biol. 2003;13:41-6 pubmed..Immunoprecipitation experiments suggest that, in human and mouse cells, complex formation occurs between Dicer and eIF2C1 or 2 and that the PIWI domain of eIF2C is essential for the formation of this complex. ..
- Sequeira Lopez M, Weatherford E, Borges G, Monteagudo M, Pentz E, Harfe B, et al. The microRNA-processing enzyme dicer maintains juxtaglomerular cells. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010;21:460-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that microRNAs maintain the renin-producing juxtaglomerular cells and the morphologic integrity and function of the kidney. ..
- Eiring A, Harb J, Neviani P, Garton C, Oaks J, Spizzo R, et al. miR-328 functions as an RNA decoy to modulate hnRNP E2 regulation of mRNA translation in leukemic blasts. Cell. 2010;140:652-65 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data reveal the dual ability of a microRNA to control cell fate both through base pairing with mRNA targets and through a decoy activity that interferes with the function of regulatory proteins. ..
- Huang C, Yao H. Inactivation of Dicer1 in Steroidogenic factor 1-positive cells reveals tissue-specific requirement for Dicer1 in adrenal, testis, and ovary. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:66 pubmed publisherThe synthesis of microRNA (miRNA) is a multi-step process that requires the action of the ribonuclease Dicer1. Dicer1 is responsible for the final processing of miRNA and has been implicated in cellular processes such as proliferation, ..
- Yang W, Yang D, Na S, Sandusky G, Zhang Q, Zhao G. Dicer is required for embryonic angiogenesis during mouse development. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9330-5 pubmed
- Krill K, Gurdziel K, Heaton J, Simon D, Hammer G. Dicer deficiency reveals microRNAs predicted to control gene expression in the developing adrenal cortex. Mol Endocrinol. 2013;27:754-68 pubmed publisher..Together these data suggest a role for miRNA-mediated regulation of a subset of genes that are essential for normal adrenal growth and homeostasis...
- Damiani D, Alexander J, O Rourke J, McManus M, Jadhav A, Cepko C, et al. Dicer inactivation leads to progressive functional and structural degeneration of the mouse retina. J Neurosci. 2008;28:4878-87 pubmed publisher..The observation that progressive retinal degeneration occurred after removal of Dicer raises the possibility that miRNAs are involved in retinal neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Nagalakshmi V, Ren Q, Pugh M, Valerius M, McMahon A, Yu J. Dicer regulates the development of nephrogenic and ureteric compartments in the mammalian kidney. Kidney Int. 2011;79:317-30 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, an understanding of miRNA action may provide new insights into the etiology and pathogenesis of renal cyst-based kidney disease. ..
- Lei L, Jin S, Gonzalez G, Behringer R, Woodruff T. The regulatory role of Dicer in folliculogenesis in mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;315:63-73 pubmed publisher..In the mouse ovary, the Dicer1 protein was expressed in both oocyte and granulosa cells of the follicle...
- Kim J, Coffey D, Creighton C, Yu Z, Hawkins S, Matzuk M. High-grade serous ovarian cancer arises from fallopian tube in a mouse model. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:3921-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, this mouse model demonstrates a paradigm for the origin and initiation of high-grade serous ovarian carcinomas, the most common and deadliest ovarian cancer...
- Kawase Koga Y, Low R, Otaegi G, Pollock A, Deng H, Eisenhaber F, et al. RNAase-III enzyme Dicer maintains signaling pathways for differentiation and survival in mouse cortical neural stem cells. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:586-94 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate important functions for Dicer in regulating NSC development by maintaining proper signaling pathways related to cell survival and differentiation. ..
- Ravi A, Gurtan A, Kumar M, Bhutkar A, Chin C, Lu V, et al. Proliferation and tumorigenesis of a murine sarcoma cell line in the absence of DICER1. Cancer Cell. 2012;21:848-55 pubmed publisher..Here we present the finding that transformed or immortalized Dicer1 null somatic cells can be isolated readily in vitro, maintain the characteristics of DICER1-expressing controls ..
- Levy C, Khaled M, Robinson K, Veguilla R, Chen P, Yokoyama S, et al. Lineage-specific transcriptional regulation of DICER by MITF in melanocytes. Cell. 2010;141:994-1005 pubmed publisher..These observations highlight a central mechanism underlying lineage-specific miRNA regulation which could exist for other cell types during development. ..
- Cobb B, Nesterova T, Thompson E, Hertweck A, O Connor E, Godwin J, et al. T cell lineage choice and differentiation in the absence of the RNase III enzyme Dicer. J Exp Med. 2005;201:1367-73 pubmed..Thus, although Dicer seems to be critical for the development of the early embryo, it may have limited impact on the implementation of some lineage-specific gene expression programs. ..
- Papaioannou M, Pitetti J, Ro S, Park C, Aubry F, Schaad O, et al. Sertoli cell Dicer is essential for spermatogenesis in mice. Dev Biol. 2009;326:250-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results reveal novel essential roles played by the Dicer-dependent pathway in mammalian reproductive function, and thus pave the way for new insights into human infertility. ..
- Pastorelli L, Wells S, Fray M, Smith A, Hough T, Harfe B, et al. Genetic analyses reveal a requirement for Dicer1 in the mouse urogenital tract. Mamm Genome. 2009;20:140-51 pubmed publisher..Many studies investigating miRNA function focus on the processing enzyme Dicer1, which is an RNAseIII protein essential for the biogenesis of active miRNAs through its cleavage of precursor RNA ..
- Zhang L, Zhang B, Valdez J, Wang F, Ittmann M, Xin L. Dicer ablation impairs prostate stem cell activity and causes prostate atrophy. Stem Cells. 2010;28:1260-9 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a critical role of microRNAs for the proliferative capacity of prostate stem cells and the maintenance of prostate homeostasis. ..
- Li Y, Piatigorsky J. Targeted deletion of Dicer disrupts lens morphogenesis, corneal epithelium stratification, and whole eye development. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2388-400 pubmed publisher..5 and E14.5 but decreased as the lens degenerated. Our data indicated an indispensible role for Dicer and miRNAs in lens and corneal development...
- Daniels S, Melendez Peña C, Scarborough R, Daher A, Christensen H, El Far M, et al. Characterization of the TRBP domain required for dicer interaction and function in RNA interference. BMC Mol Biol. 2009;10:38 pubmed publisher..TRBPs, but not TRBPsDeltaC4, rescue RNAi activity in RNAi-compromised cells, indicating that the binding of Dicer to TRBP is critical for RNAi function. ..
- Kalis M, Bolmeson C, Esguerra J, Gupta S, Edlund A, Tormo Badia N, et al. Beta-cell specific deletion of Dicer1 leads to defective insulin secretion and diabetes mellitus. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29166 pubmed publisherMature microRNAs (miRNAs), derived through cleavage of pre-miRNAs by the Dicer1 enzyme, regulate protein expression in many cell-types including cells in the pancreatic islets of Langerhans...
- Mudhasani R, Puri V, Hoover K, Czech M, Imbalzano A, Jones S. Dicer is required for the formation of white but not brown adipose tissue. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:1399-406 pubmed publisher..The results of our study provide genetic evidence of a role for microRNA molecules in regulating adipogenesis and reveal distinct requirements for Dicer in the formation of white and brown adipose tissue. ..
- Hong X, Luense L, McGinnis L, Nothnick W, Christenson L. Dicer1 is essential for female fertility and normal development of the female reproductive system. Endocrinology. 2008;149:6207-12 pubmed publisherThe ribonuclease III endonuclease, Dicer1 (also known as Dicer), is essential for the synthesis of the 19-25 nucleotide noncoding RNAs known as micro-RNAs (miRNAs)...
- Dorval V, Smith P, Delay C, Calvo E, Planel E, Zommer N, et al. Gene network and pathway analysis of mice with conditional ablation of Dicer in post-mitotic neurons. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44060 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide new clues into the role of specific miRNA pathways in the regulation of brain identity and maintenance in adult mice. ..
- Albinsson S, Skoura A, Yu J, DiLorenzo A, Fernandez Hernando C, Offermanns S, et al. Smooth muscle miRNAs are critical for post-natal regulation of blood pressure and vascular function. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18869 pubmed publisher..Although the phenotype of miR-143/145 deficient mice resembles the loss of Dicer, the phenotypes of SM-Dicer KO mice were far more severe suggesting that additional miRNAs are involved in maintaining postnatal SMC differentiation. ..
- Zhao Y, Ransom J, Li A, Vedantham V, von Drehle M, Muth A, et al. Dysregulation of cardiogenesis, cardiac conduction, and cell cycle in mice lacking miRNA-1-2. Cell. 2007;129:303-17 pubmed..These findings indicate that subtle alteration of miRNA dosage can have profound consequences in mammals and demonstrate the utility of mammalian loss-of-function models in revealing physiologic miRNA targets. ..
- Sullivan R, Leong J, Schneider S, Keppel C, Germino E, French A, et al. MicroRNA-deficient NK cells exhibit decreased survival but enhanced function. J Immunol. 2012;188:3019-30 pubmed publisher..The Dicer1 gene encodes a conserved enzyme essential for miRNA processing, and Dicer1 deficiency leads to a global defect in ..
- Lugli G, Larson J, Martone M, Jones Y, Smalheiser N. Dicer and eIF2c are enriched at postsynaptic densities in adult mouse brain and are modified by neuronal activity in a calpain-dependent manner. J Neurochem. 2005;94:896-905 pubmed..This supports the hypothesis that dicer could be involved in synaptic plasticity. ..
- Li Q, Bian S, Hong J, Kawase Koga Y, Zhu E, Zheng Y, et al. Timing specific requirement of microRNA function is essential for embryonic and postnatal hippocampal development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26000 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our studies indicate the importance of the Dicer-mediated miRNA pathway in hippocampal development and functions. ..
- Konopka W, Kiryk A, Novak M, Herwerth M, Parkitna J, Wawrzyniak M, et al. MicroRNA loss enhances learning and memory in mice. J Neurosci. 2010;30:14835-42 pubmed publisher..In vivo experiments using cell type-specific Dicer1 gene inactivation in neurons showed its essential role for neuronal development and survival...
- Otsuka M, Jing Q, Georgel P, New L, Chen J, Mols J, et al. Hypersusceptibility to vesicular stomatitis virus infection in Dicer1-deficient mice is due to impaired miR24 and miR93 expression. Immunity. 2007;27:123-34 pubmed..We show that because of impaired miRNA production, mice with a variant Dicer1 allele (Dicer1(d/d)) were more susceptible to vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV) infection...
- Belver L, de Yebenes V, Ramiro A. MicroRNAs prevent the generation of autoreactive antibodies. Immunity. 2010;33:713-22 pubmed publisher..Here, we have examined the role of microRNAs in terminal B cell differentiation by analyzing Cd19-Cre(ki/+) Dicer1(fl/fl) mice...
- Melkman Zehavi T, Oren R, Kredo Russo S, Shapira T, Mandelbaum A, Rivkin N, et al. miRNAs control insulin content in pancreatic ?-cells via downregulation of transcriptional repressors. EMBO J. 2011;30:835-45 pubmed publisher..While islet architecture is intact and differentiation markers are maintained, Dicer1-deficient ?-cells show a dramatic decrease in insulin content and insulin mRNA...
- Schaefer A, Im H, Venø M, Fowler C, Min A, Intrator A, et al. Argonaute 2 in dopamine 2 receptor-expressing neurons regulates cocaine addiction. J Exp Med. 2010;207:1843-51 pubmed publisher..Comparison of miRNAs affected by Ago2 deficiency with miRNAs that are enriched and/or up-regulated in Drd2-neurons in response to cocaine identified a set of miRNAs that are likely to play a role in cocaine addiction. ..
- Andl T, Murchison E, Liu F, Zhang Y, Yunta Gonzalez M, Tobias J, et al. The miRNA-processing enzyme dicer is essential for the morphogenesis and maintenance of hair follicles. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1041-9 pubmed..These results reveal critical roles for Dicer in the skin and implicate miRNAs in key aspects of epidermal and hair-follicle development and function. ..
- Yang J, Maurin T, Robine N, Rasmussen K, Jeffrey K, Chandwani R, et al. Conserved vertebrate mir-451 provides a platform for Dicer-independent, Ago2-mediated microRNA biogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:15163-8 pubmed publisher..Beyond the demonstration of an alternative strategy to direct gene silencing, these observations open the way for transgenic rescue of Dicer conditional knockouts. ..
- Du Z, Lee J, Tjhen R, Stroud R, James T. Structural and biochemical insights into the dicing mechanism of mouse Dicer: a conserved lysine is critical for dsRNA cleavage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:2391-6 pubmed publisher..N-terminal residues of this alpha-helix have the potential to engage in minor groove interaction with dsRNA substrates. ..
- Harris K, Zhang Z, McManus M, Harfe B, Sun X. Dicer function is essential for lung epithelium morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:2208-13 pubmed..The aberrant Fgf10 expression may contribute to the Dicer morphological defects. However, the mechanism by which DICER functions in the epithelium to influence Fgf10 expression in the mesenchyme remains unknown. ..
- Mudhasani R, Zhu Z, Hutvagner G, Eischen C, Lyle S, Hall L, et al. Loss of miRNA biogenesis induces p19Arf-p53 signaling and senescence in primary cells. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:1055-63 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that loss of miRNA biogenesis activates a DNA damage checkpoint, up-regulates p19(Arf)-p53 signaling, and induces senescence in primary cells. ..
- Kanellopoulou C, Muljo S, Kung A, Ganesan S, Drapkin R, Jenuwein T, et al. Dicer-deficient mouse embryonic stem cells are defective in differentiation and centromeric silencing. Genes Dev. 2005;19:489-501 pubmed
- Havens M, Reich A, Duelli D, Hastings M. Biogenesis of mammalian microRNAs by a non-canonical processing pathway. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4626-40 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a non-canonical miRNA biogenesis pathway that can produce functional regulatory RNAs. ..
- Muljo S, Ansel K, Kanellopoulou C, Livingston D, Rao A, Rajewsky K. Aberrant T cell differentiation in the absence of Dicer. J Exp Med. 2005;202:261-9 pubmed..Independent of their proliferation defect, Dicer-deficient helper T cells preferentially expressed interferon-gamma, the hallmark effector cytokine of the Th1 lineage. ..
- Suarez Y, Fernandez Hernando C, Yu J, Gerber S, Harrison K, Pober J, et al. Dicer-dependent endothelial microRNAs are necessary for postnatal angiogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14082-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, endothelial miRNAs regulate postnatal angiogenesis and VEGF induces the expression of miRNAs implicated in the regulation of an integrated angiogenic response. ..
- Maatouk D, Loveland K, McManus M, Moore K, Harfe B. Dicer1 is required for differentiation of the mouse male germline. Biol Reprod. 2008;79:696-703 pubmed publisher..The enzyme Dicer1 is required for miRNA processing, and mouse knockouts of Dicer1 are embryonic lethal before 7.5 days postcoitus...
- Yi R, Pasolli H, Landthaler M, Hafner M, Ojo T, Sheridan R, et al. DGCR8-dependent microRNA biogenesis is essential for skin development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:498-502 pubmed publisher..Our results underscore a specific importance of microRNAs in controlling mammalian skin development. ..
- Nagaraja A, Andreu Vieyra C, Franco H, Ma L, Chen R, Han D, et al. Deletion of Dicer in somatic cells of the female reproductive tract causes sterility. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:2336-52 pubmed publisher..Cre recombinase is driven by the anti-Müllerian hormone receptor type 2 promoter, we conditionally inactivated Dicer1 in the mesenchyme of the developing Müllerian ducts and postnatally in ovarian granulosa cells and mesenchyme-..
- Sekine S, Ogawa R, McManus M, Kanai Y, Hebrok M. Dicer is required for proper liver zonation. J Pathol. 2009;219:365-72 pubmed publisher..we examined the distribution of proteins exhibiting pericentral or periportal localization in hepatocyte-specific Dicer1 knockout mouse livers...
- Lynn F, Skewes Cox P, Kosaka Y, McManus M, Harfe B, German M. MicroRNA expression is required for pancreatic islet cell genesis in the mouse. Diabetes. 2007;56:2938-45 pubmed..To assess the overall contribution of miRNAs to pancreatic development, Dicer1, an enzyme required for miRNA processing, was conditionally deleted from the developing pancreas...
- Kobayashi T, Lu J, Cobb B, Rodda S, McMahon A, Schipani E, et al. Dicer-dependent pathways regulate chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:1949-54 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate the critical role of the Dicer-dependent pathway in the regulation of chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation during skeletal development. ..
- Bezman N, Cedars E, Steiner D, Blelloch R, Hesslein D, Lanier L. Distinct requirements of microRNAs in NK cell activation, survival, and function. J Immunol. 2010;185:3835-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings indicate a critical role for miRNAs in controlling NK cell homeostasis and effector function, with implications for miRNAs regulating diverse aspects of NK cell biology. ..
- Lambertz I, Nittner D, Mestdagh P, Denecker G, Vandesompele J, Dyer M, et al. Monoallelic but not biallelic loss of Dicer1 promotes tumorigenesis in vivo. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:633-41 pubmed publisher..To explore this possibility in more detail in vivo, we have manipulated Dicer1 gene dosage in a mouse model of retinoblastoma...
- Narayanan R, Jiang J, Gusev Y, Jones A, Kearbey J, Miller D, et al. MicroRNAs are mediators of androgen action in prostate and muscle. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13637 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate a feedback loop between miRs, corepressors and AR and the imperative role of miRs in AR function in non-cancerous androgen-responsive tissues. ..
- Dugas J, Cuellar T, Scholze A, Ason B, Ibrahim A, Emery B, et al. Dicer1 and miR-219 Are required for normal oligodendrocyte differentiation and myelination. Neuron. 2010;65:597-611 pubmed publisher..mice in which microRNA processing was disrupted in OL precursor cells (OPCs) and OLs by targeted deletion of Dicer1. We found that inhibition of OPC-OL miRNA processing disrupts normal CNS myelination and that OPCs lacking mature ..
- Zhou L, Seo K, He H, Pacholczyk R, Meng D, Li C, et al. Tie2cre-induced inactivation of the miRNA-processing enzyme Dicer disrupts invariant NKT cell development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:10266-71 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that miRNAs expressed in hematopoietic cells and endothelial cells are potent regulators of iNKT cell development, function, and homeostasis. ..
- Kumar M, Lu J, Mercer K, Golub T, Jacks T. Impaired microRNA processing enhances cellular transformation and tumorigenesis. Nat Genet. 2007;39:673-7 pubmed..Furthermore, conditional deletion of Dicer1 enhanced tumor development in a K-Ras-induced mouse model of lung cancer...
- Alemdehy M, van Boxtel N, de Looper H, van den Berge I, Sanders M, Cupedo T, et al. Dicer1 deletion in myeloid-committed progenitors causes neutrophil dysplasia and blocks macrophage/dendritic cell development in mice. Blood. 2012;119:4723-30 pubmed publisher..To address this issue, we deleted Dicer1, which encodes an essential RNase III enzyme for miRNA biogenesis, in murine CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein ? (C/..
- Clovis Y, Enard W, Marinaro F, Huttner W, De Pietri Tonelli D. Convergent repression of Foxp2 3'UTR by miR-9 and miR-132 in embryonic mouse neocortex: implications for radial migration of neurons. Development. 2012;139:3332-42 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a new layer of control of Foxp2 expression that may be required for proper neuronal maturation. ..
- Wiesen J, Tomasi T. Dicer is regulated by cellular stresses and interferons. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:1222-8 pubmed publisher..The effects of stresses and interferons are primarily post-transcriptional. The findings suggest that Dicer is a stress response component and identifies interferons as potentially important regulators of Dicer expression. ..
- Biton M, Levin A, Slyper M, Alkalay I, Horwitz E, Mor H, et al. Epithelial microRNAs regulate gut mucosal immunity via epithelium-T cell crosstalk. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:239-46 pubmed publisher..Abolishing the induction of microRNA by gut-specific deletion of Dicer1 (Dicer1(?gut)), which encodes an enzyme involved in microRNA biogenesis, deprived goblet cells of RELM?, a key T(H)..
- Schaefer A, O Carroll D, Tan C, Hillman D, Sugimori M, Llinas R, et al. Cerebellar neurodegeneration in the absence of microRNAs. J Exp Med. 2007;204:1553-8 pubmed..The progressive neurodegeneration in the absence of Dicer raises the possibility of an involvement of miRNAs in neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Albinsson S, Suarez Y, Skoura A, Offermanns S, Miano J, Sessa W. MicroRNAs are necessary for vascular smooth muscle growth, differentiation, and function. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:1118-26 pubmed publisher..Dicer-dependent miRNAs are important for VSM development and function by regulating proliferation and contractile differentiation. ..
- Kawase Koga Y, Otaegi G, Sun T. Different timings of Dicer deletion affect neurogenesis and gliogenesis in the developing mouse central nervous system. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2800-12 pubmed publisher..Our studies of different timings of Dicer deletion demonstrate the importance of the Dicer-mediated microRNA pathway in regulating distinct phases of neurogenesis and gliogenesis during the CNS development. ..
- Murchison E, Partridge J, Tam O, Cheloufi S, Hannon G. Characterization of Dicer-deficient murine embryonic stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:12135-40 pubmed..These studies provide a conditional model of RNAi deficiency in mammals that will permit the dissection of the biological roles of the RNAi machinery in cultured mammalian cells. ..
- Harvey S, Jarad G, Cunningham J, Goldberg S, Schermer B, Harfe B, et al. Podocyte-specific deletion of dicer alters cytoskeletal dynamics and causes glomerular disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008;19:2150-8 pubmed publisher..The unique architecture of podocytes may make them especially susceptible to cytoskeletal alterations initiated by aberrant miRNA dynamics. ..
- Gantier M, McCoy C, Rusinova I, Saulep D, Wang D, Xu D, et al. Analysis of microRNA turnover in mammalian cells following Dicer1 ablation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:5692-703 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, we measured miRNA decay rates in mouse embryonic fibroblasts following loss of Dicer1 enzymatic activity...
- Martello G, Rosato A, Ferrari F, Manfrin A, Cordenonsi M, Dupont S, et al. A MicroRNA targeting dicer for metastasis control. Cell. 2010;141:1195-207 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a new pathway by which Dicer inhibition drifts epithelial cancer toward a less-differentiated, mesenchymal fate to foster metastasis. ..
- Zehir A, Hua L, Maska E, Morikawa Y, Cserjesi P. Dicer is required for survival of differentiating neural crest cells. Dev Biol. 2010;340:459-67 pubmed publisher..Our results show that Dicer and miRNAs, are required for survival of NC-derived tissues by preventing apoptosis during differentiation. ..
- Friedman L, Dror A, Mor E, Tenne T, Toren G, Satoh T, et al. MicroRNAs are essential for development and function of inner ear hair cells in vertebrates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:7915-20 pubmed publisher..A conditional knock-out mouse for Dicer1 demonstrated that miRNAs are crucial for postnatal survival of functional hair cells of the inner ear...
- Liu D, Li L, Fu H, Li S, Li J. Inactivation of Dicer1 has a severe cumulative impact on the formation of mature germ cells in mouse testes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;422:114-20 pubmed publisherb>Dicer1, an RNase III endonuclease, is indispensable for the maturation of miRNA and siRNA, which control gene expression through the RNAi pathway...
- Haramati S, Chapnik E, Sztainberg Y, Eilam R, Zwang R, Gershoni N, et al. miRNA malfunction causes spinal motor neuron disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13111-6 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence for miRNA function in SMN diseases and emphasize the potential role of miR-9-based regulatory mechanisms in adult neurons and neurodegenerative states. ..
- Svoboda P, Stein P, Anger M, Bernstein E, Hannon G, Schultz R. RNAi and expression of retrotransposons MuERV-L and IAP in preimplantation mouse embryos. Dev Biol. 2004;269:276-85 pubmed