Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cela1
Description: chymotrypsin-like elastase family, member 1
Alias: 1810009A17Rik, 1810062B19Rik, Ela-1, Ela1, PC-TsF, chymotrypsin-like elastase family member 1, elastase 1, pancreatic, elastase-1
- Nadarajah D, Atkinson M, Huebner P, Starcher B. Enzyme kinetics and characterization of mouse pancreatic elastase. Connect Tissue Res. 2008;49:409-15 pubmed publisher..The enzymatic properties and kinetic profiles for mouse pancreatic elastase were similar to other known serine elastases. ..
- Krapp A, Knöfler M, Ledermann B, Burki K, Berney C, Zoerkler N, et al. The bHLH protein PTF1-p48 is essential for the formation of the exocrine and the correct spatial organization of the endocrine pancreas. Genes Dev. 1998;12:3752-63 pubmed
- Wang J, Elghazi L, Parker S, Kizilocak H, Asano M, Sussel L, et al. The concerted activities of Pax4 and Nkx2.2 are essential to initiate pancreatic beta-cell differentiation. Dev Biol. 2004;266:178-89 pubmed..This role of Pax4 appears to be accomplished via its genetic interaction with another homeobox gene, Nkx2.2. ..
- Yamasaki N, Sugimura K, Hiida M, Naito T, Watanabe T. Sequence analysis of a cDNA clone of a gene encoding a component of a putative phosphorylcholine-specific T suppressor factor and functional property of its gene product. Eur J Immunol. 1987;17:247-53 pubmed..In contrast, the binding molecule eluted from the anti-TsF14-conjugated Sepharose suppressed the antibody response PC specifically. These results indicated that the p6-5 polypeptide is a component of the PC-TsF molecule. ..
- Walter L, Dirks B, Rothermel E, Heyens M, Szpirer C, Levan G, et al. A novel, conserved gene of the rat that is developmentally regulated in the testis. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:216-21 pubmed..Analysis of rat RNA from different stages of spermatogenesis indicated that accumulation of the short transcript occurred mainly postmeiotically. The rat Tegt gene maps to Chromosome (Chr) 7, and its mouse homolog to Chr 15. ..
- Masui T, Long Q, Beres T, Magnuson M, Macdonald R. Early pancreatic development requires the vertebrate Suppressor of Hairless (RBPJ) in the PTF1 bHLH complex. Genes Dev. 2007;21:2629-43 pubmed..Action within an organ-specific transcription factor is a previously unknown function for RBPJ and is independent of its role in Notch signaling. ..
- Barbour K, Goodwin R, Guillonneau F, Wang Y, Baumann H, Berger F. Functional diversification during evolution of the murine alpha(1)-proteinase inhibitor family: role of the hypervariable reactive center loop. Mol Biol Evol. 2002;19:718-27 pubmed..The possible physiological benefits of alpha(1)-PI diversity are discussed. ..
- Hameister H, Schulz W, Meyer J, Thoma S, Adolph S, Gaa A, et al. Gene order and genetic distance of 13 loci spanning murine chromosome 15. Genomics. 1992;14:417-22 pubmed..Despite the unequal distribution along chromosome 15 of G-versus R-bands, a comparison of distances determined by physical and genetic mapping does not indicate an overt difference in distance between both mapping techniques. ..
- Liu S, Young S, Varisco B. Dynamic expression of chymotrypsin-like elastase 1 over the course of murine lung development. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2014;306:L1104-16 pubmed publisher..By inhibition assays and literature review, we identified chymotrypsin-like elastase 1 (CELA1) as a potential mediator of elastin remodeling. CELA1 mRNA levels increased 12-fold from E15...
- Benarafa C, Cooley J, Zeng W, Bird P, REMOLD O DONNELL E. Characterization of four murine homologs of the human ov-serpin monocyte neutrophil elastase inhibitor MNEI (SERPINB1). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42028-33 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the four murine homologs of MNEI have met different evolutionary fates, and that EIA is the mouse ortholog of MNEI. ..
- Walter L, Marynen P, Szpirer J, Levan G, Gunther E. Identification of a novel conserved human gene, TEGT. Genomics. 1995;28:301-4 pubmed..The presence of a nuclear targeting motif indicates that the gene product might localize to the nucleus. The TEGT gene maps to human chromosome 12q12-q13 and belongs to a syntenic group, which is conserved in human, mouse, and rat. ..
- Brannan C, Gilbert D, Ceci J, Matsuda Y, Chapman V, Mercer J, et al. An interspecific linkage map of mouse chromosome 15 positioned with respect to the centromere. Genomics. 1992;13:1075-81 pubmed
- Kilic G, Wang J, Sosa Pineda B. Osteopontin is a novel marker of pancreatic ductal tissues and of undifferentiated pancreatic precursors in mice. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1659-67 pubmed..Finally, the maintenance of Opn expression in pancreatic tissues of adults argues for a possible function of this protein in injury and pathologic responses. ..
- Bird A, Tan K, Olsson P, Zieba M, Flecknoe S, Liddicoat D, et al. Identification of glucocorticoid-regulated genes that control cell proliferation during murine respiratory development. J Physiol. 2007;585:187-201 pubmed..5 p.c. GR-null lungs included Chi3l3 (11-fold, P < 0.05), a macrophage inflammatory response gene and Ela1 (9.4-fold, P < 0.05), an extracellular matrix remodeling enzyme...
- Honey N, Sakaguchi A, Lalley P, Quinto C, MacDonald R, Craik C, et al. Chromosomal assignments of genes for trypsin, chymotrypsin B, and elastase in mouse. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1984;10:377-83 pubmed..Try-1 is located on chromosome 6, Ctrb is on chromosome 8, and Ela-1 is on chromosome 15. The three genes fall into three syntenic groups that are conserved in the mouse and human genomes. ..
- Anderson K, White P, Kaestner K, Sussel L. Identification of known and novel pancreas genes expressed downstream of Nkx2.2 during development. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:65 pubmed publisher..2 in maintaining appropriate exocrine gene expression. Most importantly, Nkx2.2 appears to function within a complex regulatory loop with Ngn3 at a key endocrine differentiation step. ..
- Joshi R, Liu S, Brown M, Young S, Batie M, Kofron J, et al. Stretch regulates expression and binding of chymotrypsin-like elastase 1 in the postnatal lung. FASEB J. 2016;30:590-600 pubmed publisher..Our prior work demonstrated an association of chymotrypsin-like elastase 1 (Cela1) with lung elastin remodeling, and that strain triggered a near-instantaneous elastin-remodeling response...
- Wells J, Esni F, Boivin G, Aronow B, Stuart W, Combs C, et al. Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is required for development of the exocrine pancreas. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:4 pubmed..A Pdx1-cre mouse line was used to delete a floxed beta-catenin allele specifically in the developing pancreas, and embryonic pancreata were studied by immunohistochemistry and microarray analysis...