Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ccna2
Description: cyclin A2
Alias: AA408589, Ccn-1, Ccn1, Ccna, CycA2, Cyca, cyclin-A2, Cyclin A2 (Cyclin A), cyclin-A
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- A distinct cyclin A is expressed in germ cells in the mouseC Sweeney
University of Cambridge, Department of Biochemistry, UK
Development 122:53-64. 1996..In contrast cyclin A2, which has greatest sequence identity with human cyclin A and Xenopus cyclin A2, is expressed in all tissues ..
- Delayed early embryonic lethality following disruption of the murine cyclin A2 geneM Murphy
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 370, Faculte Necker, Paris, France
Nat Genet 15:83-6. 1997..A-type cyclins are involved at both G1/S and G2/M transitions of the cell cycle. Cyclin A2 activates cdc2 (Cdk1) on passage into mitosis and Cdk2 at the G1/S transition...
- A CDK-independent function of mammalian Cks1: targeting of SCF(Skp2) to the CDK inhibitor p27Kip1C Spruck
The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell 7:639-50. 2001..CKS1-/- mice are abnormally small, and cells derived from them proliferate poorly, particularly under limiting mitogen conditions, possibly due to elevated levels of p27Kip1...
- Cdk2 knockout mice are viableCyril Berthet
Regulation of Cell Growth Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, Building 560, 1050 Boyles St, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Curr Biol 13:1775-85. 2003..In addition, Cdk2 associates with cyclin A, which itself is essential for cell proliferation during early embryonic development.
- Cyclin A2 mediates cardiomyocyte mitosis in the postmitotic myocardiumHina W Chaudhry
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 279:35858-66. 2004..We now report that cyclin A2, normally silenced in the postnatal heart, induces cardiac enlargement because of cardiomyocyte hyperplasia when ..
- Mouse development and cell proliferation in the absence of D-cyclinsKatarzyna Kozar
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 118:477-91. 2004..Lastly, we found that cells lacking D-cyclins display reduced susceptibility to the oncogenic transformation. Our results reveal the presence of alternative mechanisms that allow cell cycle progression in a cyclin D-independent fashion...
- Ribosomal protein S6 gene haploinsufficiency is associated with activation of a p53-dependent checkpoint during gastrulationLinda Panic
Department of Molecular Medicine and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Brace Branchetta 20, 51000, Rijeka, Croatia
Mol Cell Biol 26:8880-91. 2006..Thus, a p53-dependent checkpoint is activated during gastrulation in response to ribosome insufficiency to prevent improper execution of the developmental program...
- Cyclin A-CDK activity during G1 phase impairs MCM chromatin loading and inhibits DNA synthesis in mammalian cellsLeroy W Wheeler
Department of Pharmacological Sciences at Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Cell Cycle 7:2179-88. 2008..b>Cyclin A-CDK2 and cyclin A-CDK1 phosphorylate nuclear substrates during S and G(2) phases, respectfully...
- Cyclin A is redundant in fibroblasts but essential in hematopoietic and embryonic stem cellsIlona Kalaszczynska
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 138:352-65. 2009..Mammalian cells encode two A-type cyclins, testis-specific cyclin A1 and ubiquitously expressed cyclin A2. Here, we tested the requirement for cyclin A function using conditional knockout mice lacking both A-type ..
- The linkage map of sheep Chromosome 6 compared with orthologous regions in other speciesE A Lord
AgResearch Molecular Biology Unit, Department of Biochemistry and Centre for Gene Research, University of Otago, P O Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
Mamm Genome 7:373-6. 1996..Other differences in the gene order between sheep, pig, and mouse suggest more complex rearrangements...
- Expression of myc-family, myc-interacting, and myc-target genes during preimplantation mouse developmentA D Domashenko
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 47:57-65. 1997..Another putative MYC target gene, cyclin A, was expressed both as a maternal mRNA and as an embryonic transcript...
- C/EBPalpha regulates formation of S-phase-specific E2F-p107 complexes in livers of newborn miceN A Timchenko
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:2936-45. 1999..S-phase-specific E2F complexes containing E2F, DP, cdk2, cyclin A, and p107 are observed in the developing liver...
- LEF1 is a critical epithelial survival factor during tooth morphogenesisTomoyo Sasaki
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSA 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Biol 278:130-43. 2005..Inhibition of apoptotic activity by FGF4 rescues the tooth development in the Lef1 null mutant. Our studies suggest that LEF1 is a critical survival factor for the dental epithelial cells during tooth morphogenesis...
- The retinoblastoma protein tumor suppressor is important for appropriate osteoblast differentiation and bone developmentSeth D Berman
David H Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:1440-51. 2008..Thus, we conclude that pRb plays a key role in regulating osteoblast differentiation by mediating the inhibition of E2F and consequently promoting cell cycle exit...
- Gap 1 phase length and mouse embryonic stem cell self-renewalVictor C Li
Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:12550-5. 2012..The resistance of murine ESCs to differentiation induced by lengthening G1 and/or the cell cycle could allow for separate control of these events and provide new opportunities for investigation and application...
- MicroRNA-124 targets CCNA2 and regulates cell cycle in STHdh(Q111)/Hdh(Q111) cellsEashita Das
Crystallography and Molecular Biology Division, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics SINP, 1 AF Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata 700 064, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 437:217-24. 2013..We observed that expression of Cyclin A2 (CCNA2), a putative target of miR-124 was increased in mutant STHdh(Q111)/Hdh(Q111) cells and brains of R6/2 ..
- Cerebellar cortical lamination and foliation require cyclin A2José Javier Otero
The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Division of Neuropathology, 4169 Graves Hall, 333 W 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA University of California, San Francisco Department of Pathology, Division of Neuropathology, USA Electronic address
Dev Biol 385:328-39. 2014..Here, we tested requirements for cyclin A1 and cyclin A2 function in cerebellar development...
- CDK inhibitors, p21(Cip1) and p27(Kip1), participate in cell cycle exit of mammalian cardiomyocytesShoji Tane
School of Life Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago 683 8503, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 443:1105-9. 2014..Exactly how the cell cycle exit occurs remains largely unknown. Previously, we showed that cyclin E- and cyclin A-CDK activities are inhibited before the CDKs levels decrease in postnatal stages...
- PCTAIRE kinase 3/cyclin-dependent kinase 18 is activated through association with cyclin A and/or phosphorylation by protein kinase AShinya Matsuda
From the Department of Biological Science and Technology, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, 2 1 Minamijosanjima, Tokushima 770 8506, Japan
J Biol Chem 289:18387-400. 2014..Here we describe the mechanisms of catalytic activation of PCTK3 by cyclin A2 and cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA)...
- Cyclin A2, a novel regulator of EMTNawal Bendris
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, CNRS, 1919 Route de Mende, 34293, Montpellier, France
Cell Mol Life Sci 71:4881-94. 2014Our previous work showed that Cyclin A2 deficiency promotes cell invasion in fibroblasts...
- FOG-2 mediated recruitment of the NuRD complex regulates cardiomyocyte proliferation during heart developmentAudrey S Garnatz
Committee on Development, Regeneration, and Stem Cell Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Dev Biol 395:50-61. 2014..Taken together, our results define a novel mechanism in which FOG-2/NuRD interaction is required for cardiomyocyte proliferation by directly down-regulating the cell cycle inhibitor Cdkn1a during heart development. ..
- Cyclin A2 modulates EMT via β-catenin and phospholipase C pathwaysCaroline T Cheung
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, CNRS, France Université Montpellier 2, France Université Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Carcinogenesis 36:914-24. 2015We have previously demonstrated that Cyclin A2 is involved in cytoskeletal dynamics, epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and metastasis. This phenotype was potentiated by activated oncogenic H-Ras...
- ASPM regulates symmetric stem cell division by tuning Cyclin E ubiquitinationMario R Capecchi
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Nat Commun 6:8763. 2015..Thus, we reveal a novel function of ASPM in mediating the tightly coordinated Ubiquitin- Cyclin E- Retinoblastoma- E2F bistable-signalling pathway controlling restriction point progression and stem cell maintenance. ..
- FoxF1 and FoxF2 transcription factors synergistically promote rhabdomyosarcoma carcinogenesis by repressing transcription of p21Cip1 CDK inhibitorD Milewski
Division of Pulmonary Biology, the Perinatal Institute of Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Oncogene . 2016..Because of the robust oncogenic activity in RMS tumors, FoxF1 and FoxF2 may represent promising targets for anti-tumor therapy.Oncogene advance online publication, 18 July 2016; doi:10.1038/onc.2016.254...
- The developmentally restricted pattern of expression in the male germ line of a murine cyclin A, cyclin A2, suggests roles in both mitotic and meiotic cell cyclesS E Ravnik
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians, New York, New York 10032, USA
Dev Biol 173:69-78. 1996..b>Cyclin A2 is expressed in embryos and in a variety of adult tissues, including the testis...
- A novel function for Foxm1 in interkinetic nuclear migration in the developing telencephalon and anxiety-related behaviorXiaojing Wu
Key Laboratory of Developmental Genes and Human Diseases, Ministry of Education, Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Medical School, Southeast University, Nanjing, 210009, China
J Neurosci 34:1510-22. 2014..Moreover, ablation of Foxm1 causes anxiety-related behaviors in adulthood. Thus, this study provides evidence of linkages among the cell cycle regulator Foxm1, INM, and adult behavior. ..
- The APC/C activator FZR1 is essential for meiotic prophase I in miceJanet E Holt
School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
Development 141:1354-65. 2014....
- G1 checkpoint establishment in vivo during embryonic liver developmentXiao Qi Wang
Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
BMC Dev Biol 14:23. 2014....
- E2F-3B is a physiological target of cyclin AYiwen He
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 277:23493-9. 2002..Among the mechanisms that modulate the activity of the E2F proteins, cyclin A has been found to be important for the down-regulation of E2F-1, -2, and -3A activity after cells have progressed ..
- Cyclin A2-CDK2 regulates embryonic gene activation in 1-cell mouse embryosKentaro T Hara
Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo, Shinryoiki Seimei Building 302, 5 1 5, Kashiwa no ha, Kashiwa shi, Chiba 277 8562, Japan
Dev Biol 286:102-13. 2005..The identity of which recruited mRNAs is responsible, however, is not known. We report here that recruitment of cyclin A2 mRNA may be critical for EGA...
- 1,4-Bis[2-(3,5-dichloropyridyloxy)]benzene induces substantial hyperplasia in fibrotic mouse liverEdina Bugyik
First Department of Pathology and Experimental Cancer Research, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Int J Exp Pathol 93:125-9. 2012..BrdU incorporation and cyclin A expression established clearly that there is a reduced but still powerful mitogenic response of the fibrotic ..
- Mapping differentiation kinetics in the mouse retina reveals an extensive period of cell cycle protein expression in post-mitotic newborn neuronsMarek Pacal
Genetics and Development Division, Toronto Western Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada
Dev Dyn 241:1525-44. 2012..Here, we timed cell cycle and neuronal protein silencing/induction during cell birth in the developing murine retina...
- Cell cycle regulation in mouse heart during embryonic and postnatal stagesAiko Ikenishi
School of Life Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, 683 8503, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 54:731-8. 2012..The data obtained should provide a basis for the analysis of cell cycle regulation in cardiomyocytes during embryonic and postnatal stages...
- Rapamycin inhibition of interleukin-2-dependent p33cdk2 and p34cdc2 kinase activation in T lymphocytesW G Morice
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905
J Biol Chem 268:22737-45. 1993..complexes was explained, at least in part, by the association of both cyclin-dependent kinases with IL-2-induced cyclin A. RAP treatment profoundly inhibited both cyclin A expression and the appearance of active cyclin A-cyclin-..
- Formation of p27-CDK complexes during the human mitotic cell cycleT J Soos
Program in Molecular Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Research Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell Growth Differ 7:135-46. 1996..In contrast, p27 complexes containing CDK2 are incapable of phosphorylating histone H1. These data are consistent with a model wherein cyclin D/CDK complexes sequester the CDK2-dependent kinase inhibitory activity of p27...
- TRIP-Br: a novel family of PHD zinc finger- and bromodomain-interacting proteins that regulate the transcriptional activity of E2F-1/DP-1S I Hsu
Renal Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
EMBO J 20:2273-85. 2001....
- A calmodulin-binding site on cyclin E mediates Ca2+-sensitive G1/s transitions in vascular smooth muscle cellsJaehyun Choi
Heart and Stroke Richard Lewar Centre of Excellence in Cardiovascular Research, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circ Res 98:1273-81. 2006..Taken together, these findings reveal CaM-dependent cyclin E/CDK2 activity as a mediator of the known Ca2+ sensitivity of the G1/S transition of VSMC...
- The CDK subunit CKS2 counteracts CKS1 to control cyclin A/CDK2 activity in maintaining replicative fidelity and neurodevelopmentMattia Frontini
Eukaryotic Chromatin Dynamics Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Dev Cell 23:356-70. 2012..Unopposed CKS1 activity in Cks2(-/-) cells leads to loss of p27. The resulting unrestricted cyclin A/CDK2 activity is accompanied by shortening of the cell cycle, increased replication fork velocity, and DNA damage...
- Identification of candidate downstream targets of TGFβ signaling during palate development by genome-wide transcript profilingRichard C Pelikan
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 9080, USA
J Cell Biochem 114:796-807. 2013....
- Redistribution of the CDK inhibitor p27 between different cyclin.CDK complexes in the mouse fibroblast cell cycle and in cells arrested with lovastatin or ultraviolet irradiationR Y Poon
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037 1099, USA
Mol Biol Cell 6:1197-213. 1995..In G0, p27 was predominantly monomeric, although some portion was associated with residual cyclin A.Cdk2. During G1, all of p27 was associated with cyclin D1.Cdk4 and was then redistributed to cyclin A...
- Regulation of cyclin and cyclin-dependent kinase gene expression during lens differentiation requires the retinoblastoma proteinL Fromm
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Oncogene 12:69-75. 1996..In the normal lens, our experiments using in-situ hybridization reveal that the expression of cyclin A, cyclin B1, cdc2 and cdk2 is restricted to the proliferative epithelial cells, with no expression in the ..
- The tumor suppressor gene Brca1 is required for embryonic cellular proliferation in the mouseR Hakem
Amgen Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell 85:1009-23. 1996..Thus, the death of Brca1(5-6) mutant embryos prior to gastrulation may be due to a failure of the proliferative burst required for the development of the different germ layers...
- Role of cyclin A and p27 in anti-IgM induced G1 growth arrest of murine B-cell lymphomasS A Ezhevsky
Department of Immunology, Holland Laboratory for the Biomedical Sciences, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
Mol Biol Cell 7:553-64. 1996..Using unsynchronized cells, we previously demonstrated that cyclin A-associated and Cdk2-dependent GST-pRb kinase activity were inhibited in WEHI-231 cells treated with anti-IgM...
- Lens-specific expression of PDGF-A alters lens growth and developmentL W Reneker
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Dev Biol 180:554-65. 1996..Higher than normal levels of cyclin A and cyclin D2 expression were also detected in transgenic lens epithelium...
- Inhibition of myogenesis by multiple cyclin-Cdk complexes. Coordinate regulation of myogenesis and cell cycle activity at the level of E2FK Guo
Division of Cardiovascular Research, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02135, USA
J Biol Chem 272:791-7. 1997..In contrast, ectopic expression of cyclin A or cyclin E inhibits MCK expression only when they are co-expressed with their catalytic partner cyclin-dependent ..
- Timing of the expression of enamel gene products during mouse tooth developmentM Zeichner-David
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Int J Dev Biol 41:27-38. 1997..It might also suggest a possible different role for tuftelin than nucleator of hydroxyapatite crystals...
- A mutant E2F-1 transcription factor that affects the phenotype of NIH3T3 fibroblasts inefficiency associates with cyclin A-cdk2K L Jordan-Sciutto
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Biochem Cell Biol 76:37-44. 1998The amino-terminal domain of the E2F1 transcription factor is the site of association with cyclin A-cdk2, mapping to residues 87-94...
- Regulation of meiosis during mammalian spermatogenesis: the A-type cyclins and their associated cyclin-dependent kinases are differentially expressed in the germ-cell lineageS E Ravnik
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas, 79430, USA
Dev Biol 207:408-18. 1999..during meiosis in the male, we have examined the developmental and cellular distribution of the cyclin A1 and cyclin A2 proteins, as well as their candidate cyclin-dependent kinase partners, Cdk1 and Cdk2, in the spermatogenic ..
- Anchorage-dependent expression of cyclin A in primary cells requires a negative DNA regulatory element and a functional RbA Philips
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire, CNRS, UMR 5535, Montpellier, France
Oncogene 18:1819-25. 1999Many cells, when cultured in suspension, fail to express cyclin A, a regulatory component of cell cycle kinases cdc2 and cdk2 and as a consequence, do not enter S phase...
- Molecular interaction map of the mammalian cell cycle control and DNA repair systemsK W Kohn
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Biol Cell 10:2703-34. 1999..The map shows how multiprotein complexes could assemble and function at gene promoter sites and at sites of DNA damage. It also portrays the richness of connections between the p53-Mdm2 subsystem and other parts of the network...
- Cullin-3 targets cyclin E for ubiquitination and controls S phase in mammalian cellsJ D Singer
Division of Basic Sciences, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Seattle, Washington 98109 USA
Genes Dev 13:2375-87. 1999....
- Loss of Cul1 results in early embryonic lethality and dysregulation of cyclin EM J Dealy
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, California 92093 0366, USA
Nat Genet 23:245-8. 1999..We show that Cul1 is required for early mouse development and that Cul1 mutants fail to regulate the abundance of the G1 cyclin, cyclin E (encoded by Ccne), during embryogenesis...
- Structure and localization of mouse Pmscl1 and Pmscl2 genesV Bliskovski
Laboratory of Genetics, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Genomics 64:106-10. 2000..The PMSCL1 gene was found to overlap significantly with cyclin A2 in both human and mouse...
- Early development of mouse embryos null mutant for the cyclin A2 gene occurs in the absence of maternally derived cyclin A2 gene productsN Winston
Unité 370, Faculte Necker, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, 156 rue de Vaugirard, Paris, 75015, France
Dev Biol 223:139-53. 2000..In adult cells, cyclin A2-dependent kinases are required for entry into S and M phases, completion of S phase, and centrosome duplication...
- Restriction landmark genomic scanning of mouse liver tumors for gene amplification: overexpression of cyclin A2R Haddad
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 274:188-96. 2000..RLGS analysis revealed one tumor-specific amplification mapping close to CcnA2 (cyclin A2) and Fgf2 (fibroblast growth factor 2)...
- Induction of cell cycle entry and cell death in postmitotic lens fiber cells by overexpression of E2F1 or E2F2Q Chen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:4223-31. 2000..The in vivo functions of the transcription factor E2F2 have not previously been analyzed or described in transgenic mice...
- Posttranscriptional regulation of cyclin A1 and cyclin A2 during mouse oocyte meiotic maturation and preimplantation developmentD Fuchimoto
Department of Animal Breeding, Graduate School of Life and Agricultural Science, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Biol Reprod 65:986-93. 2001..Although cyclin A1 is proposed to regulate M phase in the meiotic cell cycle, and cyclin A2 is proposed to regulate S and M phases in the mitotic cell cycle, little is known about changes in the ..
- Inhibition of crystallin expression and induction of apoptosis by lens-specific E1A expression in transgenic miceQin Chen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 21:1028-37. 2002....
- Inhibition of Rho family GTPases by Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor disrupts cardiac morphogenesis and inhibits cardiomyocyte proliferationLei Wei
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Development 129:1705-14. 2002..was associated with up-regulation of p21, an inhibitor of cyclin-dependent kinases, and with down-regulation of cyclin A, while cell survival was not affected...
- The p21(Cip1) protein, a cyclin inhibitor, regulates the levels and the intracellular localization of CDC25A in mice regenerating liversMaribel Jaime
Department of Cell Biology and Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Institut d Investigacions Biomédiques August Pi Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Hepatology 35:1063-71. 2002..In conclusion, premature translocation of CDC25A to the nucleus might be involved in the advanced induction of cyclin E/CDK2 activity and DNA replication in cells from animals lacking p21(Cip1)...
- Inhibition of lens fiber cell morphogenesis by expression of a mutant SV40 large T antigen that binds CREB-binding protein/p300 but not pRbQin Chen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 279:17667-73. 2004....
- Essential role of Plzf in maintenance of spermatogonial stem cellsJose A Costoya
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Department of Pathology Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Genet 36:653-9. 2004..These results identify Plzf as a spermatogonia-specific transcription factor in the testis that is required to regulate self-renewal and maintenance of the stem cell pool...
- Patterns of expression of cyclins A, B1, D, E and cdk 2 in preimplantation mouse embryosRonald R Waclaw
Department of Biology, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana, USA
Zygote 12:19-30. 2004..b>Cyclin A was maintained at moderate levels throughout the first two cell cycles but showed a somatic-like pattern with a ..
- B-Myb represses elastin gene expression in aortic smooth muscle cellsClaudia S Hofmann
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 280:7694-701. 2005..Recently, we demonstrated that cyclin A-Cdk2 prevents B-Myb-mediated repression of collagen promoter activity. Cyclin A2 levels were higher in neonatal versus adult WT or transgenic mouse aortas...
- Expression of cell cycle-related proteins in developing and adult mouse hippocampusStefanie Schmetsdorf
Department of Neuroanatomy, Paul Flechsig Institute for Brain Research, University of Leipzig, Jahnallee 59, 04109 Leipzig, Germany
Int J Dev Neurosci 23:101-12. 2005..Thus, they may have supplementary functions in differentiated neurons that might be associated with neuronal plasticity...
- Cell cycle in mouse developmentMaria A Ciemerych
Department of Embryology, Institute of Zoology, Faculty of Biology, Warsaw University, Miecznikowa 1, 02 096 Warsaw, Poland
Oncogene 24:2877-98. 2005..Our text is meant to provide examples of the recent experiments, rather than to supply an extensive and complete list...
- T-box genes coordinate regional rates of proliferation and regional specification during cardiogenesisChen Leng Cai
Skaggs School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Development 132:2475-87. 2005....
- ATM-dependent phosphorylation of ATF2 is required for the DNA damage responseAnindita Bhoumik
Signal Transduction Program, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell 18:577-87. 2005..ATF2 requires neither JNK/p38 nor its DNA binding domain for recruitment to IRIF and the S phase checkpoint. Our findings identify a role for ATF2 in the DNA damage response that is uncoupled from its transcriptional activity...
- Cdc2-cyclin E complexes regulate the G1/S phase transitionEiman Aleem
Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, National Cancer Institute, NCI Frederick, Bldg 560 22 56, 1050 Boyles Street, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Nat Cell Biol 7:831-6. 2005..p27 binds to Cdc2, cyclin B1, cyclin A2, or suc1 complexes in wild-type and Cdk2(-/-) extracts. In addition, cyclin E binds to and activates Cdc2...
- Distinct roles for the mammalian A-type cyclins during oogenesisJenny Liao Persson
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Reproduction 130:411-22. 2005There are two A-type cyclins in higher vertebrates, cyclin A1 and A2. Targeted mutagenesis has shown that cyclin A2 is essential for early embryonic development while cyclin A1 is required only for male meiosis...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 is essential for neuronal cell cycle arrest and differentiationSamantha Cicero
Department of Pharmacology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Neurosci 25:9658-68. 2005..These data indicate that Cdk5 is necessary for both neuronal differentiation and cell cycle inhibition...
- The proline-histidine-rich CDK2/CDK4 interaction region of C/EBPalpha is dispensable for C/EBPalpha-mediated growth regulation in vivoBo Torben Porse
Section for Gene Therapy Research, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Cell Biol 26:1028-37. 2006..Surprisingly, control experiments performed in C/EBPalpha null fetal livers yielded similar results...
- Combined loss of Cdk2 and Cdk4 results in embryonic lethality and Rb hypophosphorylationCyril Berthet
National Cancer Institute, Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, NCI Frederick, Building 560 22 56, 1050 Boyles Street, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Dev Cell 10:563-73. 2006..of Retinoblastoma protein (Rb) phosphorylation and reduced expression of E2F-target genes, like Cdc2 and cyclin A2, during embryogenesis and in embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs)...
- Ectopic expression of C/EBPalpha in the lung epithelium disrupts late lung developmentTove Berg
Division for Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Lung Research Laboratory L4 01, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm SE171 76, Sweden
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L683-93. 2006..In conclusion, our results show a role for C/EBPalpha in lung development and suggest a function in the later stages of lung branching morphogenesis...
- Mouse emi1 has an essential function in mitotic progression during early embryogenesisHo Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, Biomedical Research Center, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Guseoung dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, South Korea
Mol Cell Biol 26:5373-81. 2006..Our results collectively suggest that the late prophase checkpoint function of Emi1 is essential for accurate mitotic progression and embryonic viability...
- Comprehensive analysis of differential gene expression profiles on D-galactosamine-induced acute mouse liver injury and regenerationHeekyoung Chung
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, 17 Haengdang dong, Seongdong Gu, Seoul 133 791, Republic of Korea
Toxicology 227:136-44. 2006..Furthermore, multiple genes involved in protein synthesis and degradation, mRNA processing and binding, and cell cycle regulation showed variable transcript levels upon acute GalN administration...
- Phosphorylation of the cyclic AMP response element binding protein mediates transforming growth factor beta-induced downregulation of cyclin A in vascular smooth muscle cellsKentaro Kamiya
Department of Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 1002, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:3489-98. 2007..demonstrate that the TGFbeta-induced growth arrest of vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) is associated with cyclin A downregulation...
- Identification of cyclin A2 as the downstream effector of the nuclear phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate signaling networkKa Kei Ho
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Imperial College London, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:5477-85. 2008..caused a delay in phorbol ester-induced S phase entry and that this was at least in part channeled through cyclin A2 at the transcriptional level...
- Wtap is required for differentiation of endoderm and mesoderm in the mouse embryoYoshiyasu Fukusumi
Division of Transgenic Animal Science, Advanced Science Research Center, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Dev Dyn 237:618-29. 2008..Taken together, our findings indicate that Wtap is indispensable for differentiation of mesoderm and endoderm in the mouse embryo...
- Expression patterns and cell cycle profiles of PCNA, MCM6, cyclin D1, cyclin A2, cyclin B1, and phosphorylated histone H3 in the developing mouse retinaKirston M Barton
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, John A Moran Eye Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Dev Dyn 237:672-82. 2008..The combined utilization of the markers tested and the use of flow cytometry should further facilitate the study of stem and progenitor cell behavior during development and in adult tissues...
- Myocardial Pitx2 differentially regulates the left atrial identity and ventricular asymmetric remodeling programsAlessandra Tessari
CNR Institute of Neurosciences, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
Circ Res 102:813-22. 2008..This is the first evidence for distinct Pitx2 action in mediating L/R atrial identity and asymmetrical ventricular remodeling...
- Cyclin A expression is associated with apoptosis and mitosis in murine 3-methylcholanthrene-induced fibrosarcomasM Sozmen
Department of Pathology, University of Kafkas, Pasacayiri, Kars, Turkey
Exp Toxicol Pathol 61:41-9. 2009..b>Cyclin A is overexpressed in various tumors, but its expression in MCA-induced fibrosarcoma in mice and its correlation to ..
- Function of cyclins in regulating the mitotic and meiotic cell cycles in male germ cellsDebra J Wolgemuth
Departments of Genetics and Development and Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Institute of Human Nutrition, The Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cell Cycle 7:3509-13. 2008..Embryonic lethality has obviated understanding of the germline functions of cyclin A2 and cyclin B1, while yet other cyclins, although expressed at specific stages of germ cell development, may have ..
- Cyclin A-Cdk1 regulates the origin firing program in mammalian cellsYuko Katsuno
Department of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:3184-9. 2009..We demonstrate here the essential role of cyclin A2-Cdk1 in the regulation of late origin firing...
- Differential phosphorylation patterns between the Cyclin-A2/CDK2 complex and their monomersJuan Casado-Vela
Protein Technology Unit, Biotechnology Programme, Spanish National Cancer Centre, Madrid, Spain
Protein Expr Purif 66:15-21. 2009....
- Stage-specific control of neural crest stem cell proliferation by the small rho GTPases Cdc42 and Rac1Sebastian Fuchs
Institute of Anatomy, University of Zurich, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Cell Stem Cell 4:236-47. 2009..Thus, our data reveal distinct mechanisms for growth control of NCSCs from different developmental stages...
- Expression of Six1 homeobox gene during development of the mouse submandibular salivary glandE L McCoy
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
Oral Dis 15:407-13. 2009..5 (E18.5) to postnatal day 28. Additionally, we examine the role of Six1 during SSG development using Six1-deficient mice...
- The pure anti-androgen bicalutamide inhibits cyclin A expression both in androgen-dependent and -independent cell linesHiroshi Katayama
Laboratory of Clinical and Experimental Pathophysiology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Int J Oncol 36:553-62. 2010..testosterone induced DNA synthesis, shift of cell cycle distribution from G0/G1 to S/G2/M and expression of cyclin A. The induction was preceded by that of fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF-8), and completely blocked by monoclonal ..
- Suppression of cell-cycle progression by Jun dimerization protein-2 (JDP2) involves downregulation of cyclin-A2J Pan
RIKEN BioResource Center, Ibaraki, Japan
Oncogene 29:6245-56. 2010..JDP2 was recruited to the promoter of the gene for cyclin-A2 (ccna2) at the AP-1 site. Cells lacking Jdp2 had elevated levels of cyclin-A2 mRNA...
- Expression of cyclin E in postmitotic neurons during development and in the adult mouse brainYayoi Ikeda
Department of Histology and Cell Biology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Gene Expr Patterns 11:64-71. 2011..Our report presents the first detailed analysis of cyclin E expression in postmitotic neurons during development and in the adult mouse brain...
- Matricellular signaling molecule CCN1 attenuates experimental autoimmune myocarditis by acting as a novel immune cell migration modulatorMadlen Rother
Institute for Medical Immunology, Charite Campus, Berlin, Germany
Circulation 122:2688-98. 2010b>CCN1 is an evolutionary ancient matricellular protein that modulates biological processes associated with tissue repair...
- Cell proliferation in the absence of E2F1-3Pamela L Wenzel
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Dev Biol 351:35-45. 2011..Together, these data implicate E2F1-3 in mediating transcriptional repression by Rb during cell cycle exit and point to a critical role for their repressive functions in cell survival...
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 β-dependent Snail degradation directs hepatocyte proliferation in normal liver regenerationSayaka Sekiya
Division of Organogenesis and Regeneration, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:11175-80. 2011..Thus, GSK-3β-dependent Snail degradation acts as a fundamental cue for the initiation of hepatocyte proliferation in liver regeneration...
- The role of Cdc2 feedback loop control in the DNA damage checkpoint in mammalian cellsR Y Poon
Department of Biochemistry, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Cancer Res 57:5168-78. 1997..Thus, the decrease in Cdc25C activity may in part account for the DNA damage-induced increase in Thr14/Tyr15 phosphorylation...
- Defective neurogenesis in citron kinase knockout mice by altered cytokinesis and massive apoptosisF Di Cunto
Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, University of Torino, Italy
Neuron 28:115-27. 2000..Our results indicate that Citron-K is essential for cytokinesis in vivo but only in specific neuronal precursors. Moreover, they suggest a novel molecular mechanism for a subset of human malformative syndromes of the CNS...
- Cyclin A2 induces cardiac regeneration after myocardial infarction and prevents heart failureRichard K Cheng
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Circ Res 100:1741-8. 2007..Here we present a novel model system in which mice constitutively expressing cyclin A2 in the myocardium elicit a regenerative response after infarction and exhibit significantly limited ventricular ..
- GATA4 is a direct transcriptional activator of cyclin D2 and Cdk4 and is required for cardiomyocyte proliferation in anterior heart field-derived myocardiumAnabel Rojas
Genentech Hall, 600 16th Street, Mail Code 2240, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158 2517, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:5420-31. 2008..We show that GATA4 is required for cyclin D2, cyclin A2, and Cdk4 expression in the right ventricle and that the Cyclin D2 and Cdk4 promoters are bound and activated by ..
- MLL5, a trithorax homolog, indirectly regulates H3K4 methylation, represses cyclin A2 expression, and promotes myogenic differentiationSoji Sebastian
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, 500 007 India
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:4719-24. 2009..Knocking down MLL5 delays entry of quiescent myoblasts into S phase, but hastens S-phase completion. Cyclin A2 (CycA) mRNA is no longer restricted to S phase, but is induced throughout G(0)/G(1), with activation of the cell ..
- Gata4 and Gata5 cooperatively regulate cardiac myocyte proliferation in miceManvendra K Singh
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 285:1765-72. 2010..These results demonstrate functional redundancy between Gata4 and Gata5 during cardiac development and implicate Gata5 as a candidate modifier gene for congenital heart disease...
- Matricellular protein CCN1 activates a proinflammatory genetic program in murine macrophagesTao Bai
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
J Immunol 184:3223-32. 2010b>CCN1 (CYR61) is a matricellular protein that is highly expressed at sites of inflammation and wound repair...
- Cranial neural crest-derived mesenchymal proliferation is regulated by Msx1-mediated p19(INK4d) expression during odontogenesisJun Han
School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSA 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Biol 261:183-96. 2003..Genetic mutation of Msx1 may alternatively instruct the fate of these progenitor cells during craniofacial development...
- The Role of Cyclin A in Cardiac DevelopmentHINA CHAUDHRY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This training will be driven by a project whose theme is to investigate the role of cyclin A in cardiomyocyte development proliferation, and terminal differentiation...
- The Role of Cyclin A1 in Acute Myeloid LeukemiaDEBRA WOLGEMUTH; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- C/EBP alpha in Aging LiverNikolai Timchenko; Fiscal Year: 2009..Based on data obtained in this project, we are planning to start developing a strategy to correct liver proliferation in elderly. ..