Genomes and Genes
carbonic anhydrase VII
Gene Symbol: carbonic anhydrase VII
Description: carbonic anhydrase 7
Alias: AV343731, Ca7, carbonic anhydrase 7, CA-VII, carbonate dehydratase VII, carbonic anhydrase VII
Products: carbonic anhydrase VII
- Earnhardt J, Qian M, Tu C, Lakkis M, Bergenhem N, Laipis P, et al. The catalytic properties of murine carbonic anhydrase VII. Biochemistry. 1998;37:10837-45 pubmedb>Carbonic anhydrase VII (CA VII) appears to be the most highly conserved of the active mammalian carbonic anhydrases. We have characterized the catalytic activity and inhibition properties of a recombinant murine CA VII...
- Selbert S, Fischer P, Menke A, Jockusch H, Pongratz D, Noegel A. Annexin VII relocalization as a result of dystrophin deficiency. Exp Cell Res. 1996;222:199-208 pubmed..The potential of annexin VII to serve as a tool with which cellular Ca2+ levels can be studied and different muscular disorders classified is discussed. ..
- Lakkis M, Bergenhem N, Tashian R. Expression of mouse carbonic anhydrase VII in E. coli and demonstration of its CO2 hydrase activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;226:268-72 pubmed..Although the gene for human CA VII has been cloned and characterized, the corresponding protein has not previously been purified, and hence, the CO2 ..
- Pan P, Rodriguez A, Parkkila S. A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive system. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:22 pubmed..It contributes to a deeper understanding of the distribution of CA isozymes and their potential roles in the mouse digestive system. ..
- Pan P, Waheed A, Sly W, Parkkila S. Carbonic anhydrases in the mouse harderian gland. J Mol Histol. 2010;41:411-7 pubmed publisher..The high expression of mitochondrial CAVB at both mRNA and protein levels suggests a role in lipid synthesis, a key physiological process of the harderian gland. ..
- Wu L, Sagong B, Choi J, Kim U, Bok J. A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:269-80 pubmed publisher..The temporal and spatial expression patterns of each CA isozyme suggest unique and differential roles in inner ear development and function. ..
- Ruusuvuori E, Huebner A, Kirilkin I, Yukin A, Blaesse P, Helmy M, et al. Neuronal carbonic anhydrase VII provides GABAergic excitatory drive to exacerbate febrile seizures. EMBO J. 2013;32:2275-86 pubmed publisherBrain carbonic anhydrases (CAs) are known to modulate neuronal signalling. Using a novel CA VII (Car7) knockout (KO) mouse as well as a CA II (Car2) KO and a CA II/VII double KO, we show that mature hippocampal pyramidal neurons are ..