Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car6
Description: carbonic anhydrase 6
Alias: Ca6, DOC1, carbonic anhydrase 6, CA-VI, carbonate dehydratase VI, carbonic anhydrase VI, salivary carbonic anhydrase, secreted carbonic anhydrase
- Pan P, Käyrä K, Leinonen J, Nissinen M, Parkkila S, Rajaniemi H. Gene expression profiling in the submandibular gland, stomach, and duodenum of CAVI-deficient mice. Transgenic Res. 2011;20:675-98 pubmed publisherb>Carbonic anhydrase VI (CAVI) is the only secreted isozyme of the ?-carbonic anhydrase family, which catalyzes the reversible reaction [Formula in text]...
- Wang X, Kuroda M, Sok J, Batchvarova N, Kimmel R, Chung P, et al. Identification of novel stress-induced genes downstream of chop. EMBO J. 1998;17:3619-30 pubmed..These results reveal the existence of a novel CHOP-dependent signaling pathway, distinct from the known endoplasmic reticulum unfolded protein response, which may mediate changes in cell phenotype in response to stress. ..
- Sok J, Wang X, Batchvarova N, Kuroda M, Harding H, Ron D. CHOP-Dependent stress-inducible expression of a novel form of carbonic anhydrase VI. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:495-504 pubmed..describe the identification of a positively regulated direct CHOP-C/EBP target gene, that encoding murine carbonic anhydrase VI (CA-VI)...
- Pan P, Waheed A, Sly W, Parkkila S. Carbonic anhydrases in the mouse harderian gland. J Mol Histol. 2010;41:411-7 pubmed publisher..Nine CA mRNAs were detectable in the gland. Car5b and Car13 showed the highest signals. Car4, Car6, and Car12 showed moderate expression levels, whereas Car2, Car3, Car7, and Car15 mRNAs were barely within the ..
- Wu L, Sagong B, Choi J, Kim U, Bok J. A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:269-80 pubmed publisher..The temporal and spatial expression patterns of each CA isozyme suggest unique and differential roles in inner ear development and function. ..
- Patrikainen M, Pan P, Kulesskaya N, Voikar V, Parkkila S. The role of carbonic anhydrase VI in bitter taste perception: evidence from the Car6?/? mouse model. J Biomed Sci. 2014;21:82 pubmed publisherb>Carbonic anhydrase VI (CA VI) is a secretory isozyme of the ?-CA gene family. It is highly expressed in the salivary and mammary glands and secreted into saliva and milk...
- Fernley R, Darling P, Aldred P, Wright R, Coghlan J. Tissue and species distribution of the secreted carbonic anhydrase isoenzyme. Biochem J. 1989;259:91-6 pubmedThe secreted carbonic anhydrases, CA VI, are high molecular mass, oligomeric enzymes originally found in the sheep parotid gland and saliva. The enzymes have been purified from the saliva or parotid glands of several different species...
- Pan P, Rodriguez A, Parkkila S. A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive system. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:22 pubmed..It contributes to a deeper understanding of the distribution of CA isozymes and their potential roles in the mouse digestive system. ..
- Uemura T, Sato T, Aoki T, Yamamoto A, Okada T, Hirai R, et al. p31 deficiency influences endoplasmic reticulum tubular morphology and cell survival. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:1869-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that p31 is an essential molecule involved in the maintenance of ER morphology and that its deficiency leads to ER stress-induced apoptosis. ..
- Tye C, Sharma R, Smith C, Bartlett J. Altered ion-responsive gene expression in Mmp20 null mice. J Dent Res. 2010;89:1421-6 pubmed publisher..Notably, expression of secreted carbonic anhydrase (Car6) was reduced to almost undetectable levels in the null enamel organ...
- Reibring C, El Shahawy M, Hallberg K, Kannius Janson M, Nilsson J, Parkkila S, et al. Expression patterns and subcellular localization of carbonic anhydrases are developmentally regulated during tooth formation. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e96007 pubmed publisher..While CAIV, CAVI/Car6, CAIX, CARPXI and CAXIV were produced by all odontoblasts, CAIII distribution displayed a striking asymmetry, in ..
- Patrikainen M, Pan P, Barker H, Parkkila S. Altered gene expression in the lower respiratory tract of Car6 (-/-) mice. Transgenic Res. 2016;25:649-64 pubmed publisher..Efficient defense mechanisms and strictly regulated renewal systems in the mucosa are thus required. Carbonic anhydrase VI (CA VI) is the only secreted isoenzyme of the ?-CA gene family...