Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car6
Description: carbonic anhydrase 6
Alias: Ca6, DOC1, carbonic anhydrase 6, CA-VI, carbonate dehydratase VI, carbonic anhydrase VI, salivary carbonic anhydrase, secreted carbonic anhydrase
- Gene expression profiling in the submandibular gland, stomach, and duodenum of CAVI-deficient micePei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Biokatu 6, 33520, Tampere, Finland
Transgenic Res 20:675-98. 2011b>Carbonic anhydrase VI (CAVI) is the only secreted isozyme of the α-carbonic anhydrase family, which catalyzes the reversible reaction [Formula in text]...
- Expression patterns and subcellular localization of carbonic anhydrases are developmentally regulated during tooth formationClaes Göran Reibring
Department of Oral Biochemistry, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
PLoS ONE 9:e96007. 2014..While CAIV, CAVI/Car6, CAIX, CARPXI and CAXIV were produced by all odontoblasts, CAIII distribution displayed a striking asymmetry, in ..
- The role of carbonic anhydrase VI in bitter taste perception: evidence from the Car6⁻/⁻ mouse modelMaarit Patrikainen
School of Medicine and BioMediTech, University of Tampere, Tampere FI 33014, Finland
J Biomed Sci 21:82. 2014b>Carbonic anhydrase VI (CA VI) is a secretory isozyme of the α-CA gene family. It is highly expressed in the salivary and mammary glands and secreted into saliva and milk...
- A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear developmentLing Wu
Department of Anatomy, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Dev Dyn 242:269-80. 2013..To understand the specific roles of CA isozymes in the inner ear, a systematic survey was conducted to reveal temporal and spatial expression patterns of all 16 CA isozymes during inner ear development...
- Tissue and species distribution of the secreted carbonic anhydrase isoenzymeR T Fernley
Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Biochem J 259:91-6. 1989The secreted carbonic anhydrases, CA VI, are high molecular mass, oligomeric enzymes originally found in the sheep parotid gland and saliva. The enzymes have been purified from the saliva or parotid glands of several different species...
- Identification of novel stress-induced genes downstream of chopX Z Wang
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, the Departments of Medicine, Cell Biology and the Kaplan Cancer Center, NYU Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
EMBO J 17:3619-30. 1998..These results reveal the existence of a novel CHOP-dependent signaling pathway, distinct from the known endoplasmic reticulum unfolded protein response, which may mediate changes in cell phenotype in response to stress...
- CHOP-Dependent stress-inducible expression of a novel form of carbonic anhydrase VIJ Sok
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, Departments of Medicine and Cell Biology, and Kaplan Cancer Center, New York University Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:495-504. 1999..describe the identification of a positively regulated direct CHOP-C/EBP target gene, that encoding murine carbonic anhydrase VI (CA-VI)...
- A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive systemPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, 33520, Tampere, Finland
BMC Mol Biol 8:22. 2007..In the present study, we systematically examined the mRNA expression levels of all known CA isozymes by quantitative real-time PCR in eight tissues of the digestive system of male and female mice...
- p31 deficiency influences endoplasmic reticulum tubular morphology and cell survivalTakefumi Uemura
Laboratory of Molecular Traffic, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Molecular and Cellular Regulation, Gunma University, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8512, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 29:1869-81. 2009..Taken together, these results suggest that p31 is an essential molecule involved in the maintenance of ER morphology and that its deficiency leads to ER stress-induced apoptosis...
- Carbonic anhydrases in the mouse harderian glandPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Biokatu 6, 33520 Tampere, Finland
J Mol Histol 41:411-7. 2010..Nine CA mRNAs were detectable in the gland. Car5b and Car13 showed the highest signals. Car4, Car6, and Car12 showed moderate expression levels, whereas Car2, Car3, Car7, and Car15 mRNAs were barely within the ..
- Altered ion-responsive gene expression in Mmp20 null miceC E Tye
Department of Cytokine Biology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Dent Res 89:1421-6. 2010..Notably, expression of secreted carbonic anhydrase (Car6) was reduced to almost undetectable levels in the null enamel organ...