Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car3
Description: carbonic anhydrase 3
Alias: BB219044, Ca3, Car-3, carbonic anhydrase 3, CA-III, carbonate dehydratase III, carbonic anhydrase III
- Global gene expression patterns in mouse wolffian duct developmentGerald Mingin
Program in Urosciences, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Urol 176:1701-5. 2006..We identified genes responsible for terminal differentiation of the mouse ureter...
- A quantitative study of bioenergetics in skeletal muscle lacking carbonic anhydrase III using 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopyM Liu
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0154, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:371-6. 2007Oxidative slow skeletal muscle contains carbonic anhydrase III in high concentration, but its primary function remains unknown...
- Carbonic anhydrase III is not required in the mouse for normal growth, development, and life spanGeumsoo Kim
Laboratories of Biochemistry, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0812, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:9942-7. 2004b>Carbonic anhydrase III is a cytosolic protein which is particularly abundant in skeletal muscle, adipocytes, and liver...
- Carbonic anhydrase III, an early mesodermal marker, is expressed in embryonic mouse skeletal muscle and notochordG E Lyons
Department of Molecular Biology, URA CNRS 1148, Paris, France
Development 111:233-44. 1991b>Carbonic anhydrase III (CAIII) is an abundant soluble protein in adult mammalian slow twitch skeletal muscle fibers...
- Isoaspartate, carbamoyl phosphate synthase-1, and carbonic anhydrase-III as biomarkers of liver injuryWayne G Carter
School of Medicine, University of Nottingham, Royal Derby Hospital Centre, Derby, DE22 3DT, UK Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 458:626-31. 2015..Collectively, our results suggest that elevated isoaspartate and CPS-1, and reduced CA-III levels could serve as biomarkers of hepatocellular injury...
- The paired box transcription factor Pax8 is essential for function and survival of adult thyroid cellsPina Marotta
IRGS, BIOGEM, Via Camporeale, Ariano Irpino, 83031 Avellino, Italy
Mol Cell Endocrinol 396:26-36. 2014..These results demonstrate that Pax8 is also an essential player in controlling survival and differentiation of adult thyroid follicular cells. ..
- Expression patterns and subcellular localization of carbonic anhydrases are developmentally regulated during tooth formationClaes Göran Reibring
Department of Oral Biochemistry, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
PLoS ONE 9:e96007. 2014..Our study provides important information for future single or multiple gene targeting strategies aiming at deciphering the function of CAs during odontogenesis. ..
- A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear developmentLing Wu
Department of Anatomy, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Dev Dyn 242:269-80. 2013..To understand the specific roles of CA isozymes in the inner ear, a systematic survey was conducted to reveal temporal and spatial expression patterns of all 16 CA isozymes during inner ear development...
- Molecular profiling of synovial joints: use of microarray analysis to identify factors that direct the development of the knee and elbowDorothy E Pazin
Department of Developmental Biology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, 188 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Dyn 241:1816-26. 2012..Here, we use microarray analysis to compare knee and elbow formation to identify factors involved in the development of specific joints...
- Carbonic anhydrase III regulates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ2Maria C Mitterberger
Cell Metabolism and Differentiation Research Group, Institute for Biomedical Aging Research of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Austria
Exp Cell Res 318:877-86. 2012b>Carbonic anhydrase III (CAIII) is an isoenzyme of the CA family. Because of its low specific anhydrase activity, physiological functions in addition to hydrating CO(2) have been proposed...
- Expression and functional analysis of genes deregulated in mouse placental overgrowth models: Car2 and Ncam1Umashankar Singh
Department of Development and Genetics, Evolutionary Biology Center, Uppsala University, Sweden
Dev Dyn 234:1034-45. 2005..However, expression analysis of Car3 and Ncam2, which can take over the function of Car2 and Ncam1, respectively, indicated a possible rescue mechanism, ..
- Carbonic anhydrases in the mouse harderian glandPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Biokatu 6, 33520 Tampere, Finland
J Mol Histol 41:411-7. 2010..Car5b and Car13 showed the highest signals. Car4, Car6, and Car12 showed moderate expression levels, whereas Car2, Car3, Car7, and Car15 mRNAs were barely within the detection limits...
- A novel renal carbonic anhydrase type III plays a role in proximal tubule dysfunctionP Gailly
Division of Cell Physiology, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Kidney Int 74:52-61. 2008..Our study shows that lack of PT ClC-5 in mice and men is associated with CAIII induction, increased cell proliferation, and oxidative stress...
- The Hedgehog-binding proteins Gas1 and Cdo cooperate to positively regulate Shh signaling during mouse developmentBenjamin L Allen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Genes Dev 21:1244-57. 2007....
- A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive systemPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, 33520, Tampere, Finland
BMC Mol Biol 8:22. 2007..In the present study, we systematically examined the mRNA expression levels of all known CA isozymes by quantitative real-time PCR in eight tissues of the digestive system of male and female mice...
- Sjögren's syndrome-like disease of C57BL/6.NOD-Aec1 Aec2 mice: gender differences in keratoconjunctivitis sicca defined by a cross-over in the chromosome 3 Aec1 locusC Nguyen
Department of Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Scand J Immunol 64:295-307. 2006..These data suggest SjS-like disease in the NOD mouse shows gender-specific regulation determined by autosomal genes...
- Using evolutionary rates to investigate protein functional divergence and conservation. A case study of the carbonic anhydrasesBjarne Knudsen
Bioinformatics Research Center, University of Aarhus, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Genetics 164:1261-9. 2003..with this other information, these LRTs also support a unique antioxidant defense role for the puzzling CA III. As illustrated by the CAs, these LRTs, in combination with other biological evidence, offer a powerful and cost-..
- Sox5 and Sox6 are required for notochord extracellular matrix sheath formation, notochord cell survival and development of the nucleus pulposus of intervertebral discsPatrick Smits
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Orthopaedic Research Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Development 130:1135-48. 2003..Through these roles and essential roles in cartilage formation, they are central transcriptional regulators of vertebral column development...
- Nucleotide sequence and structure of the mouse carbonic anhydrase III geneG Kim
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 20892 0320, Bethesda, MD, USA
Gene 265:37-44. 2001..b>Carbonic anhydrase III is highly expressed in certain tissues, including muscle and fat where it constitutes up to 25% of the ..
- Sequence comparisons and functional studies of the proximal promoter of the carbonic anhydrase 3 (CA3) geneJ Sowden
MRC Human Biochemical Genetics Unit, University College London, Wolfson House, 4 Stephenson Way, London, NW1 2HE, UK
Gene 214:157-65. 1998b>Carbonic anhydrase 3 (CA3) is a member of a gene family encoding proteins which catalyse the hydration of CO2 to generate protons and bicarbonate ions for cellular ion transport and pH homeostasis...
- The identification of novel sequences expressed in the mouse notochordJ C Sowden
MRC Human Biochemical Genetics Unit, Galton Laboratory UCL, London, UK
Mamm Genome 8:42-4. 1997
- Decreased carbonic anhydrase III levels in the liver of the mouse mutant 'toxic milk' (tx) due to copper accumulationA Grimes
Scobie and Claire Mackinnon Trace Element Group, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Biochem J 321:341-6. 1997..The amino acid sequences of two CNBr peptides were identical with portions of the mouse skeletal muscle carbonic anhydrase III (CAIII) sequence...
- The hr locus and the toxicity of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) in newborn miceM J Connor
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine 90024
Arch Toxicol 69:87-90. 1994..However, the hairless animals were affected at lower doses than were the haired. The results of this study document that the hr/hr genotype does influence the systemic toxicity of TCDD in mice...
- Characterisation of cDNA clones for rat muscle carbonic anhydrase IIIC D Kelly
Department of Child Health, St George s Hospital Medical School, London
Biosci Rep 8:401-6. 1988cDNA clones for rat muscle carbonic anhydrase III have been isolated from a lambda gt-11 library and sequenced. Comparison with human CAIII cDNA showed about 90% homology to rat...
- Mouse carbonic anhydrase III: nucleotide sequence and expression studiesS Tweedie
MRC Human Biochemical Genetics Unit, The Galton Laboratory, University College London, U K
Biochem Genet 27:17-30. 1989..Restriction fragment length polymorphisms using TaqI and PstI are described which distinguish between Mus spretus and Mus musculus domesticus...
- Mapping of mouse carbonic anhydrase-3, Car-3: another locus in the homologous region of mouse chromosome 3 and human chromosome 8C Beechey
MRC Radiobiology Unit, Chilton, Didcot, Oxon, United Kingdom
Genomics 6:692-6. 1990....
- Expression of CA III in rodent models of obesityL W Stanton
California Biotechnology, Inc and Metabolic Biosystems, Mountain View 94043
Mol Endocrinol 5:860-6. 1991..By two-dimensional gel analysis, carbonic anhydrase-III (CA III) has been identified as a major constituent of murine adipose tissue...
- Physical mapping of the human carbonic anhydrase gene cluster on chromosome 8N Lowe
Department of Biochemistry, University College London, United Kingdom
Genomics 10:882-8. 1991..These genes have been mapped using pulsed-field gel electrophoresis. The genes lie in the order CA2, CA3, CA1. CA2 and CA3 are separated by 20 kb and are transcribed in the same direction, away from CA1...