Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Apoc2
Description: apolipoprotein C-II
Alias: apo-CII, apoC-II, apolipoprotein C-II, apolipoprotein C2
- Provost P, Boucher E, Tremblay Y. Apolipoprotein A-I, A-II, C-II, and H expression in the developing lung and sex difference in surfactant lipids. J Endocrinol. 2009;200:321-30 pubmed publisher..Our results are compatible with a role for apolipoproteins in lipid metabolism and transport in the developing lung in association with the sex difference in surfactant lipid synthesis. ..
- Cote M, Provost P, Gérard Hudon M, Tremblay Y. Apolipoprotein C-II and lipoprotein lipase show a temporal and geographic correlation with surfactant lipid synthesis in preparation for birth. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:111 pubmed publisher..We propose a model where apoC-II is retained in secretory granules in distal epithelial cells until the lumina reaches a minimum size, and is then secreted when the rate of surfactant production becomes optimal. ..
- Mak P, Laffitte B, Desrumaux C, Joseph S, Curtiss L, Mangelsdorf D, et al. Regulated expression of the apolipoprotein E/C-I/C-IV/C-II gene cluster in murine and human macrophages. A critical role for nuclear liver X receptors alpha and beta. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:31900-8 pubmed..These results suggest an alternative mechanism by which lipids are removed from macrophage foam cells. ..
- Duncan S. Transcriptional regulation of liver development. Dev Dyn. 2000;219:131-42 pubmed..The picture that emerges is that specific transcription factors use novel mechanisms to orchestrate changes in gene expression patterns that ultimately direct cell differentiation. ..
- Palis J, Kingsley P. Differential gene expression during early murine yolk sac development. Mol Reprod Dev. 1995;42:19-27 pubmed..One VYS endoderm-specific cDNA was identified as apolipoprotein C2. In situ hybridization studies confirmed the differential expression of these genes in E7.5 yolk sac tissues...
- Jong M, Hofker M, Havekes L. Role of ApoCs in lipoprotein metabolism: functional differences between ApoC1, ApoC2, and ApoC3. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1999;19:472-84 pubmed
- Sakurai T, Sakurai A, Vaisman B, Amar M, Liu C, Gordon S, et al. Creation of Apolipoprotein C-II (ApoC-II) Mutant Mice and Correction of Their Hypertriglyceridemia with an ApoC-II Mimetic Peptide. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2016;356:341-53 pubmed publisher..ApoC-II deficiency in humans results in hypertriglyceridemia. We used zinc finger nucleases to create Apoc2 mutant mice to investigate the use of C-II-a, a short apoC-II mimetic peptide, as a therapy for apoC-II deficiency...
- Pfister S, Jones V, Power M, Truisi G, Khoo P, Steiner K, et al. Sox17-dependent gene expression and early heart and gut development in Sox17-deficient mouse embryos. Int J Dev Biol. 2011;55:45-58 pubmed publisher..This is associated with the defective development of the heart in the mutant embryos, which is accompanied by localised loss of Myocd-expressing cardiogenic progenitors and the malformation of the anterior intestinal portal. ..
- Hoffer M, van Eck M, Havekes L, Hofker M, Frants R. The mouse apolipoprotein C1 gene: structure and expression. Genomics. 1993;18:37-42 pubmed..The delineation of the sequence and structural organization of the mouse Apoc1 gene is an essential step in enhancing the use of mouse models to study the function of apoC1 in the lipoprotein metabolism. ..
- Hoffer M, Hofker M, van Eck M, Havekes L, Frants R. Evolutionary conservation of the mouse apolipoprotein e-c1-c2 gene cluster: structure and genetic variability in inbred mice. Genomics. 1993;15:62-7 pubmedThe human apolipoprotein E (APOE), APOC1, pseudo APOC1 (APOC1'), and APOC2 genes are clustered within 48 kb on the long arm of chromosome 19...
- Kaestner K, Katz J, Liu Y, Drucker D, Schutz G. Inactivation of the winged helix transcription factor HNF3alpha affects glucose homeostasis and islet glucagon gene expression in vivo. Genes Dev. 1999;13:495-504 pubmed..We also showed that HNF3alpha could bind to and transactivate the proglucagon gene promoter. These observations invoke a central role for HNF3alpha in the regulatory control of islet genes essential for glucose homeostasis in vivo. ..
- Mahley R, Innerarity T, Rall S, Weisgraber K. Plasma lipoproteins: apolipoprotein structure and function. J Lipid Res. 1984;25:1277-94 pubmed
- Kim E, Xie S, Yeh S, Lee Y, Collins L, Hu Y, et al. Disruption of TR4 orphan nuclear receptor reduces the expression of liver apolipoprotein E/C-I/C-II gene cluster. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:46919-26 pubmed..Together our data show that loss of TR4 down-regulates expression of the apoE/C-I/C-II gene cluster in liver cells, demonstrating important roles of TR4 in the modulation of lipoprotein metabolism. ..
- van Eck M, Hoffer M, Havekes L, Frants R, Hofker M. The apolipoprotein C2-linked (Acl) gene: a new gene within the mouse apolipoprotein e-c1-c2 gene cluster. Genomics. 1994;21:110-5 pubmed..study, we have shown that these 5' sequences represent a novel gene within the gene cluster designated the apolipoprotein C2-linked gene (Acl). The Acl gene is located 2 kb 5' to the Apoc2 gene...
- Hoffer M, van Eck M, Havekes L, Hofker M, Frants R. Structure and expression of the mouse apolipoprotein C2 gene. Genomics. 1993;17:45-51 pubmedThree cDNA clones containing the mouse apolipoprotein C2 (Apoc2) gene were isolated from a mouse liver cDNA library...
- Purcell Huynh D, Weinreb A, Castellani L, Mehrabian M, Doolittle M, Lusis A. Genetic factors in lipoprotein metabolism. Analysis of a genetic cross between inbred mouse strains NZB/BINJ and SM/J using a complete linkage map approach. J Clin Invest. 1995;96:1845-58 pubmed..0001), indicating that apoAII expression influences HDL cholesterol levels. Molecular studies suggested that structural differences in the apoAII polypeptide of the two strains may contribute to differences in clearance of the protein. ..
- Warden C, Davis R, Yoon M, Hui D, Svenson K, Xia Y, et al. Chromosomal localization of lipolytic enzymes in the mouse: pancreatic lipase, colipase, hormone-sensitive lipase, hepatic lipase, and carboxyl ester lipase. J Lipid Res. 1993;34:1451-5 pubmed..Comparison of chromosomal locations for these genes in mouse and humans shows that the previously observed interspecies syntenies are preserved. ..