Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Adipoq
Description: adiponectin, C1Q and collagen domain containing
Alias: 30kDa, APN, Acdc, Acrp30, GBP28, adipo, apM1, adiponectin, 30 kDa adipocyte complement-related protein, adipocyte complement related protein, adipocyte complement-related 30 kDa protein, adipocyte, C1Q and collagen domain containing, adipocyte, C1q and collagen domain-containing protein, adipocyte-specific protein AdipoQ
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- Cloning of adiponectin receptors that mediate antidiabetic metabolic effectsToshimasa Yamauchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Nature 423:762-9. 2003b>Adiponectin (also known as 30-kDa adipocyte complement-related protein; Acrp30) is a hormone secreted by adipocytes that acts as an antidiabetic and anti-atherogenic adipokine...
- Diet-induced insulin resistance in mice lacking adiponectin/ACRP30Norikazu Maeda
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Nat Med 8:731-7. 2002Here we investigated the biological functions of adiponectin/ACRP30, a fat-derived hormone, by disrupting the gene that encodes it in mice...
- Adiponectin attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury through suppression of endothelial cell activationJason M Konter
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Immunol 188:854-63. 2012b>Adiponectin (APN) is an adipose tissue-derived factor with anti-inflammatory and vascular protective properties whose levels paradoxically decrease with increasing body fat...
- T-cadherin supports angiogenesis and adiponectin association with the vasculature in a mouse mammary tumor modelLionel W Hebbard
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Cancer Res 68:1407-16. 2008..is a suggested binding partner for high molecular weight forms of the circulating, fat-secreted hormone adiponectin. We discern adiponectin in association with the T-cadherin-positive vasculature in the normal and malignant ..
- Molecular mechanism for adiponectin-dependent M2 macrophage polarization: link between the metabolic and innate immune activity of full-length adiponectinPalash Mandal
Department of Pathobiology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 286:13460-9. 2011The anti-inflammatory effects of globular adiponectin (gAcrp) are mediated by IL-10/heme oxygenase 1 (HO-1)-dependent pathways...
- Adiponectin-deficient mice are protected against tobacco-induced inflammation and increased emphysemaMarina Miller
Department of Medicine, Univ of California, San Diego, La Jolla, 92093 0635, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 299:L834-42. 2010b>Adiponectin is a cytokine with both proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory properties that is expressed in epithelial cells in the airway in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease-emphysema (COPD-E)...
- Molecular, biochemical and functional characterizations of C1q/TNF family members: adipose-tissue-selective expression patterns, regulation by PPAR-gamma agonist, cysteine-mediated oligomerizations, combinatorial associations and metabolic functionsG William Wong
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Biochem J 416:161-77. 2008The insulin-sensitizing hormone, adiponectin, belongs to the expanding C1q/TNF (tumour necrosis factor) family of proteins...
- Adiponectin primes human monocytes into alternative anti-inflammatory M2 macrophagesFina Lovren
Division of Cardiac Surgery, Keenan Research Centre in Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 299:H656-63. 2010..We hypothesized that adiponectin may prime human monocytes toward the M2 phenotype...
- Adiponectin stimulates angiogenesis by promoting cross-talk between AMP-activated protein kinase and Akt signaling in endothelial cellsNoriyuki Ouchi
Molecular Cardiology Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 279:1304-9. 2004b>Adiponectin is an adipocyte-specific adipocytokine with anti-atherogenic and anti-diabetic properties. Here, we investigated whether adiponectin regulates angiogenic processes in vitro and in vivo...
- Adiponectin deficiency protects mice from chemically induced colonic inflammationRaja Fayad
Department of Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
Gastroenterology 132:601-14. 2007b>Adiponectin (APN) is an adipokine that regulates insulin sensitivity and is anti-inflammatory in atherosclerosis. The goal of this study was to investigate the role of APN in intestinal inflammation.
- Protective effects of adiponectin against renal ischemia-reperfusion injury via prostacyclin-PPARα-heme oxygenase-1 signaling pathwayChing Feng Cheng
Department of Medical Research, Tzu Chi General Hospital, Hualien, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 227:239-49. 2012b>Adiponectin (APN), a circulating adipose-derived hormone that regulates inflammation and energy metabolism, has beneficial effects on the cardiovascular disorders...
- Alveolar macrophage activation and an emphysema-like phenotype in adiponectin-deficient miceR Summer
The Pulmonary Center, R 304, Boston Univ School of Medicine, 80 E Concord St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 294:L1035-42. 2008b>Adiponectin is an adipocyte-derived collectin that acts on a wide range of tissues including liver, brain, heart, and vascular endothelium. To date, little is known about the actions of adiponectin in the lung...
- Selective activation of PPARgamma in skeletal muscle induces endogenous production of adiponectin and protects mice from diet-induced insulin resistanceRajesh H Amin
Department of Pathology and the Center for Integrative Metabolic and Endocrine Research, Wayne State University Schoolof Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 298:E28-37. 2010..and genetic activation of muscle PPARgamma in muscle tissue of transgenic mice, induced the production of adiponectin directly from muscle cells...
- Hypoxia is a potential risk factor for chronic inflammation and adiponectin reduction in adipose tissue of ob/ob and dietary obese miceJianping Ye
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1118-28. 2007Chronic inflammation and reduced adiponectin are widely observed in the white adipose tissue in obesity. However, the cause of the changes remains to be identified...
- Regulation of T cell-mediated hepatic inflammation by adiponectin and leptinJoseph A Sennello
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Endocrinology 146:2157-64. 2005..Serum leptin and adiponectin were low in LD mice, whereas ob/ob mice had undetectable leptin, but high adiponectin...
- Adiponectin increases bone mass by suppressing osteoclast and activating osteoblastKazuya Oshima
Department of Medicine and Pathophysiology, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:520-6. 2005b>Adiponectin, an adipose-derived hormone, exhibits various biological functions, such as increasing insulin sensitivity, protecting hypertension, and suppression of atherosclerosis, liver fibrosis, and tumor growth...
- Plasma adiponectin complexes have distinct biochemical characteristicsTodd Schraw
Touchstone Diabetes Center, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 8549, USA
Endocrinology 149:2270-82. 2008Adipocytes release the secretory protein adiponectin in a number of different higher-order complexes...
- Adiponectin deficiency modulates adhesion molecules expression and cytokine production but does not affect disease severity in the transfer model of colitisMelissa E Gove
Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Cytokine 47:119-25. 2009We investigated the effect of adiponectin (APN) deficiency in the CD4(+)CD45RB(high) transfer model of colitis...
- Thiazolidinediones reduce pathological neovascularization in ischemic retina via an adiponectin-dependent mechanismAkiko Higuchi
Molecular Cardiology Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany St, W611, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:46-53. 2010..However, little is known about the effects of TZDs on retinal microvessel disorders...
- Disruption of adiponectin causes insulin resistance and neointimal formationNaoto Kubota
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:25863-6. 2002The adipocyte-derived hormone adiponectin has been proposed to play important roles in the regulation of energy homeostasis and insulin sensitivity, and it has been reported to exhibit putative antiatherogenic properties in vitro...
- Adiponectin promotes adipocyte differentiation, insulin sensitivity, and lipid accumulationYuchang Fu
Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 3360, USA
J Lipid Res 46:1369-79. 2005b>Adiponectin is secreted from adipocytes, and low circulating levels have been epidemiologically associated with obesity, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular disease...
- Complex distribution, not absolute amount of adiponectin, correlates with thiazolidinedione-mediated improvement in insulin sensitivityUtpal B Pajvani
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Endocrinology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 279:12152-62. 2004b>Adiponectin is an adipocyte-specific secretory protein that circulates in serum as a hexamer of relatively low molecular weight (LMW) and a larger multimeric structure of high molecular weight (HMW)...
- Systemic fate of the adipocyte-derived factor adiponectinNils Halberg
Touchstone Diabetes Center, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Diabetes 58:1961-70. 2009The adipocyte-derived secretory protein adiponectin has been widely studied and shown to have potent insulin-sensitizing, antiapoptotic, and anti-inflammatory properties...
- Role of adiponectin in human skeletal muscle bioenergeticsAnthony E Civitarese
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808, USA
Cell Metab 4:75-87. 2006..Here, we report that adiponectin signaling regulates mitochondrial bioenergetics in skeletal muscle...
- Adiponectin modulates inflammatory reactions via calreticulin receptor-dependent clearance of early apoptotic bodiesYukihiro Takemura
Molecular Cardiology Unit, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Clin Invest 117:375-86. 2007Obesity and type 2 diabetes are associated with chronic inflammation. Adiponectin is an adipocyte-derived hormone with antidiabetic and antiinflammatory actions...
- Hypoadiponectinemia accelerates hepatic tumor formation in a nonalcoholic steatohepatitis mouse modelYoshihiro Kamada
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Osaka University, Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, K1, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Hepatol 47:556-64. 2007Adipose tissue produces a number of adipocytokines, including adiponectin, leptin, and tumor necrosis factor-alpha...
- Interleukin-18 suppresses adiponectin expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes via a novel signal transduction pathway involving ERK1/2-dependent NFATc4 phosphorylationBysani Chandrasekar
Department of Veterans Affairs South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, Texas 78229 4404, USA
J Biol Chem 283:4200-9. 2008An inverse correlation between the pro-inflammatory cytokine interleukin-18 and the anti-atherogenic adipokine adiponectin has been reported in the chronic pathological conditions obesity, insulin resistance, coronary artery disease, and ..
- Mitochondrial dysfunction contributes to the increased vulnerabilities of adiponectin knockout mice to liver injuryMingyan Zhou
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Molecular Technology for Drug Discovery and Synthesis, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Hepatology 48:1087-96. 2008b>Adiponectin is an adipocyte-derived hormone with a wide range of beneficial effects on obesity-related medical complications...
- Adiponectin haploinsufficiency promotes mammary tumor development in MMTV-PyVT mice by modulation of phosphatase and tensin homolog activitiesJanice B B Lam
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
PLoS ONE 4:e4968. 2009b>Adiponectin is an adipokine possessing beneficial effects on obesity-related medical complications. A negative association of adiponectin levels with breast cancer development has been demonstrated...
- A novel serum protein similar to C1q, produced exclusively in adipocytesP E Scherer
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142 1479, USA
J Biol Chem 270:26746-9. 1995We describe a novel 30-kDa secretory protein, Acrp30 (adipocyte complement-related protein of 30 kDa), that is made exclusively in adipocytes and whose mRNA is induced over 100-fold during adipocyte differentiation...
- AdipoQ is a novel adipose-specific gene dysregulated in obesityE Hu
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 271:10697-703. 1996..Using an mRNA differential display technique, we have isolated a novel adipose cDNA, termed adipoQ. The adipoQ cDNA encodes a polypeptide of 247 amino acids with a secretory signal sequence at the amino terminus, ..
- The crystal structure of a complement-1q family protein suggests an evolutionary link to tumor necrosis factorL Shapiro
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Curr Biol 8:335-8. 1998ACRP30--adipocyte complement-related protein of 30 kDa or AdipoQ--is an abundant serum protein, secreted exclusively from fat cells, which is implicated in energy homeostasis and obesity [1,2]...
- The fat-derived hormone adiponectin reverses insulin resistance associated with both lipoatrophy and obesityT Yamauchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Med 7:941-6. 2001b>Adiponectin is an adipocyte-derived hormone. Recent genome-wide scans have mapped a susceptibility locus for type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome to chromosome 3q27, where the gene encoding adiponectin is located...
- The adipocyte-secreted protein Acrp30 enhances hepatic insulin actionA H Berg
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Nat Med 7:947-53. 2001b>Acrp30 is a circulating protein synthesized in adipose tissue...
- Hydroxylation and glycosylation of the four conserved lysine residues in the collagenous domain of adiponectin. Potential role in the modulation of its insulin-sensitizing activityYu Wang
School of Biological Sciences, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, 1001 New Zealand
J Biol Chem 277:19521-9. 2002It has recently been shown that the fat-derived hormone adiponectin has the ability to decrease hyperglycemia and to reverse insulin resistance. However, bacterially produced full-length adiponectin is functionally inactive...
- Paracrine regulation of fat cell formation in bone marrow cultures via adiponectin and prostaglandinsTakafumi Yokota
Immunobiology and Cancer Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City 73104, USA
J Clin Invest 109:1303-10. 2002b>Adiponectin, an adipocyte-derived hormone, was recently shown to have potential therapeutic applications in diabetes and obesity because of its influence on glucose and lipid metabolism...
- Role of adiponectin in preventing vascular stenosis. The missing link of adipo-vascular axisMorihiro Matsuda
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:37487-91. 2002..Previously we have demonstrated that the plasma levels of adiponectin, an adipose-derived hormone, decreases in obese subjects, and that hypoadiponectinemia is associated to ..
- Increased beta -oxidation but no insulin resistance or glucose intolerance in mice lacking adiponectinKe Ma
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine and the St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Texas Medical Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 277:34658-61. 2002Previous reports showed that recombinant fragments of adiponectin (adipo) displayed pharmacological effects when injected into rodents, but the relevance of these observations to the physiological function of adipo is unclear...
- Enhanced muscle fat oxidation and glucose transport by ACRP30 globular domain: acetyl-CoA carboxylase inhibition and AMP-activated protein kinase activationEva Tomas
Diabetes Unit, Section of Endocrinology, Boston Medical Center and Departments of Medicine and Physiology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:16309-13. 2002gACRP30, the globular subunit of adipocyte complement-related protein of 30 kDa (ACRP30), improves insulin sensitivity and increases fatty acid oxidation. The mechanism by which gACRP30 exerts these effects is unknown...
- Structure-function studies of the adipocyte-secreted hormone Acrp30/adiponectin. Implications fpr metabolic regulation and bioactivityUtpal B Pajvani
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 278:9073-85. 2003Acrp30/adiponectin is an adipocyte-specific secretory protein that has recently been implicated as a mediator of systemic insulin sensitivity with liver and muscle as target organs...
- Sexual differentiation, pregnancy, calorie restriction, and aging affect the adipocyte-specific secretory protein adiponectinTerry P Combs
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Diabetes 52:268-76. 2003b>Adiponectin or adipocyte complement-related protein of 30 kDa (Acrp30) is a circulating protein produced exclusively in adipocytes...
- The fat-derived hormone adiponectin alleviates alcoholic and nonalcoholic fatty liver diseases in miceAimin Xu
School of Biological Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
J Clin Invest 112:91-100. 2003b>Adiponectin has recently been shown to be a promising candidate for the treatment of obesity-associated metabolic syndromes...
- Association of hypoadiponectinemia with impaired vasoreactivityNoriyuki Ouchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2, Yamada oka, Suita, 565 0671 Osaka, Japan
Hypertension 42:231-4. 2003Endothelial dysfunction is a crucial feature in the evolution of atherosclerosis. Adiponectin is an adipocyte-specific plasma protein with antiatherogenic and antidiabetic properties...
- Role of disulfide bonds in Acrp30/adiponectin structure and signaling specificity. Different oligomers activate different signal transduction pathwaysTsu Shuen Tsao
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
J Biol Chem 278:50810-7. 2003Acrp30/adiponectin is an adipocyte-derived serum protein with important roles in regulation of lipid and glucose metabolism, but which of its isoforms are biologically active remains controversial...
- Adiponectin and metabolic syndromeYuji Matsuzawa
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Osaka University Graduate School, Sumitomo Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:29-33. 2004..sequence analysis of expressed genes in adipocytes, we identified an adipose-specific collagen-like molecule, adiponectin. This novel adipocytokine has plural biofunctions, such as antidiabetic, antiatherosclerotic, and ..
- A transgenic mouse with a deletion in the collagenous domain of adiponectin displays elevated circulating adiponectin and improved insulin sensitivityTerry P Combs
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Endocrinology 145:367-83. 2004b>Adiponectin is a plasma protein expressed exclusively in adipose tissue...
- Adiponectin stimulates angiogenesis in response to tissue ischemia through stimulation of amp-activated protein kinase signalingRei Shibata
Molecular Cardiology Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street W611, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 279:28670-4. 2004..b>Adiponectin is an adipocyte-specific adipocytokine with anti-atherogenic and anti-diabetic properties, and its plasma ..
- T-cadherin is a receptor for hexameric and high-molecular-weight forms of Acrp30/adiponectinChristopher Hug
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:10308-13. 2004Acrp30/adiponectin is reduced in the serum of obese and diabetic individuals, and the genetic locus of adiponectin is linked to the metabolic syndrome...
- Induction of adiponectin in skeletal muscle by inflammatory cytokines: in vivo and in vitro studiesAurélie M Delaigle
Endocrinology and Metabolism Unit, University of Louvain, Faculty of Medicine, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Endocrinology 145:5589-97. 2004b>Adiponectin (ApN) is an adipocytokine that plays a fundamental role in energy homeostasis and counteracting inflammation...
- Adiponectin-mediated modulation of hypertrophic signals in the heartRei Shibata
Molecular Cardiology Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, W611, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Nat Med 10:1384-9. 2004..The adipocytokine adiponectin is decreased in patients with obesity-linked diseases...
- Adiponectin protects against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury through AMPK- and COX-2-dependent mechanismsRei Shibata
Molecular Cardiology Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Nat Med 11:1096-103. 2005Obesity-related disorders are associated with the development of ischemic heart disease. Adiponectin is a circulating adipose-derived cytokine that is downregulated in obese individuals and after myocardial infarction...
- Up-regulation of the anti-inflammatory adipokine adiponectin in acute liver failure in miceAnna Maria Wolf
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Hepatol 44:537-43. 2006..However, there is only scarce knowledge on the functional role and regulation of endogenous adiponectin in non-fat tissues such as the liver under conditions of acute inflammation.
- Mice lacking adiponectin show decreased hepatic insulin sensitivity and reduced responsiveness to peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonistsAndrea R Nawrocki
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Endocrinology, and Diabetes Research and Training Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 281:2654-60. 2006The adipose tissue-derived hormone adiponectin improves insulin sensitivity and its circulating levels are decreased in obesity-induced insulin resistance...
- Regulation of bone formation by adiponectin through autocrine/paracrine and endocrine pathwaysYusuke Shinoda
Department of Sensory and Motor System Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Cell Biochem 99:196-208. 2006..bone and lipid metabolism has been suggested, this study investigated the regulation of bone metabolism by adiponectin, a representative adipokine, by analyzing deficient and overexpressing transgenic mice...
- Post-translational modifications of the four conserved lysine residues within the collagenous domain of adiponectin are required for the formation of its high molecular weight oligomeric complexYu Wang
Departments of Biochemistry and Medicine, Genome Research Centre, Faculty of Medicine Building, University of Hong Kong, 21 Sassoon Road, Hong Kong, China
J Biol Chem 281:16391-400. 2006b>Adiponectin is a multifunctional adipokine that circulates as several oligomeric complexes in the blood stream. However, the molecular basis that regulates the production of the adiponectin oligomers remains largely elusive...
- Adiponectin replenishment ameliorates obesity-related hypertensionKoji Ohashi
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Hypertension 47:1108-16. 2006Patients with obesity are susceptible to hypertension. We have reported that the plasma adiponectin levels are decreased in obesity and that adiponectin has many defensive properties against obesity-related diseases, such as type 2 ..
- Overexpression of adiponectin targeted to adipose tissue in transgenic mice: impaired adipocyte differentiationIsabelle B Bauche
Unité d Endocrinologie et Métabolisme, University of Louvain Endocrinology 5530, Avenue Hippocrate, 55, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Endocrinology 148:1539-49. 2007b>Adiponectin (ApN) is an adipokine whose expression and plasma levels are inversely related to obesity and insulin-resistant states...
- The oligomeric structure of high molecular weight adiponectinShinji Suzuki
Department of Chemistry, Tufts University, 62 Talbot Ave, Medford, MA 02155, USA
FEBS Lett 581:809-14. 2007There is great interest in the structure of adiponectin as its oligomeric state may specify its biological activities. It occurs as a trimer, a hexamer and a high molecular weight complex...
- Adiponectin cardioprotection after myocardial ischemia/reperfusion involves the reduction of oxidative/nitrative stressLing Tao
Department of Emergency Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Circulation 115:1408-16. 2007Several clinical studies have demonstrated that levels of adiponectin are significantly reduced in patients with type 2 diabetes and that adiponectin levels are inversely related to the risk of myocardial ischemia...
- Adiponectin secretion is regulated by SIRT1 and the endoplasmic reticulum oxidoreductase Ero1-L alphaLi Qiang
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:4698-707. 2007b>Adiponectin is secreted from adipose tissue in response to metabolic effectors in order to sensitize the liver and muscle to insulin...
- Expression of adiponectin in choroidal tissue and inhibition of laser induced choroidal neovascularization by adiponectinPuran S Bora
Department of Ophthalmology, Jones Eye Institute, Pat and Willard Walker Eye Research Center, 4301 West Markham, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
FEBS Lett 581:1977-82. 2007The aim of this study was to investigate the role of adiponectin (APN) in a mouse model of laser induced choroidal neovascularization (CNV)...
- Adiponectin protects against the development of systolic dysfunction following myocardial infarctionRei Shibata
Molecular Cardiology Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, W611, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:1065-74. 2007There is an association between obesity and heart failure associated with LV dysfunction. Adiponectin is an adipocyte-derived hormone that is downregulated in obesity...
- Adiponectin deficiency increases leukocyte-endothelium interactions via upregulation of endothelial cell adhesion molecules in vivoRaogo Ouedraogo
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107 6799, USA
J Clin Invest 117:1718-26. 2007This study reports on what we believe are novel mechanism(s) of the vascular protective action of adiponectin. We used intravital microscopy to measure leukocyte-endothelium interactions in adiponectin-deficient (Ad(-/-)) mice and found ..
- Effects of different fatty acids and dietary lipids on adiponectin gene expression in 3T3-L1 cells and C57BL/6J mice adipose tissueAllain Amador Bueno
Department of Physiology, Campus Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo Federal University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pflugers Arch 455:701-9. 2008..A major protein secreted by adipose tissue is adiponectin, which has antiatherogenic and antidiabetic properties...
- Adiponectin deficiency suppresses ABCA1 expression and ApoA-I synthesis in the liverHiroyuki Oku
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University, Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
FEBS Lett 581:5029-33. 2007..In humans, plasma HDL-cholesterol levels are positively correlated with plasma adiponectin (APN) concentrations...
- Adiponectin prevents cerebral ischemic injury through endothelial nitric oxide synthase dependent mechanismsMasaki Nishimura
Stroke and Neurovascular Regulation Laboratory, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 117:216-23. 2008b>Adiponectin is a fat-derived plasma protein that has beneficial actions on cardiovascular disorders...
- Adiponectin protects against angiotensin II-induced cardiac fibrosis through activation of PPAR-alphaKoichi Fujita
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 B5, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:863-70. 2008b>Adiponectin is recognized as an antidiabetic, antiatherosclerotic, and anti-inflammatory protein derived from adipocytes. However, the role of adiponectin in cardiac fibrosis remains uncertain...
- Adiponectin promotes endothelial progenitor cell number and functionRei Shibata
Department of Cardiology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
FEBS Lett 582:1607-12. 2008Obesity-linked diseases are associated with suppressed endothelial progenitor cell (EPC) function. Adiponectin is an adipose-derived protein that is downregulated in obese and diabetic subjects...
- Adiponectin is expressed by skeletal muscle fibers and influences muscle phenotype and functionMatthew P Krause
School of Kinesiology and Health Science, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 295:C203-12. 2008b>Adiponectin (Ad) is linked to various disease states and mediates antidiabetic and anti-inflammatory effects...
- Identification and characterization of CTRP9, a novel secreted glycoprotein, from adipose tissue that reduces serum glucose in mice and forms heterotrimers with adiponectinG William Wong
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
FASEB J 23:241-58. 2009b>Adiponectin is a major insulin-sensitizing, multimeric hormone derived from adipose tissue that acts on muscle and liver to regulate whole-body glucose and lipid metabolism...
- Adiponectin suppresses hepatic SREBP1c expression in an AdipoR1/LKB1/AMPK dependent pathwayMotoharu Awazawa
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 382:51-6. 2009b>Adiponectin, one of the insulin-sensitizing adipokines, has been shown to activate fatty acid oxidation in liver and skeletal muscle, thus maintaining insulin sensitivity...
- Development of arterial calcification in adiponectin-deficient mice: adiponectin regulates arterial calcificationXiang Hang Luo
Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Hunan, China
J Bone Miner Res 24:1461-8. 2009..This study was undertaken to investigate the arterial calcification in adiponectin-deficient mice in vivo and the effects of adiponectin on cultured vascular smooth muscle cells in vitro...
- Adiponectin suppresses pathological microvessel formation in retina through modulation of tumor necrosis factor-alpha expressionAkiko Higuchi
Molecular Cardiology Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Circ Res 104:1058-65. 2009The fat-derived hormone adiponectin has been shown to have a protective role in macrovascular disorders. However, nothing is known about the function of adiponectin in retinal microvessel disease...
- Adiponectin deficiency limits tumor vascularization in the MMTV-PyV-mT mouse model of mammary cancerMartin S Denzel
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3256-64. 2009High levels of the fat-secreted cytokine adiponectin (APN) are present in the circulation of healthy people, whereas low levels correlate with an increased incidence of breast cancer in women...
- Proangiogenic contribution of adiponectin toward mammary tumor growth in vivoShira Landskroner-Eiger
Department of Cell Biology, Center of Reproductive Biology and Womens Health, Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3265-76. 2009..Metabolically, one of the more important fat-derived factors ("adipokines") is adiponectin (APN). Serum concentrations of APN negatively correlate with body mass index and insulin resistance...
- Adiponectin deficiency, diastolic dysfunction, and diastolic heart failureFlora Sam
Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Endocrinology 151:322-31. 2010..In turn, hypertension is the major cause of diastolic heart failure (HF). Adiponectin, an adipose-derived plasma protein, exerts antiinflammatory and anti-hypertrophic effects and is implicated in ..
- Impact of adiponectin deficiency on pulmonary responses to acute ozone exposure in miceMing Zhu
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 43:487-97. 2010..T-cadherin is a binding protein for the high-molecular weight isoforms of adiponectin, an anti-inflammatory hormone that declines in obesity...
- Adiponectin deficiency exacerbates cardiac dysfunction following pressure overload through disruption of an AMPK-dependent angiogenic responseMasayuki Shimano
Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University Medical Campus, Boston, MA, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:210-20. 2010Although increasing evidence indicates that an adipokine adiponectin exerts protective actions on heart, its effects on coronary angiogenesis following pressure overload have not been examined previously...
- Lack of association between adiponectin levels and atherosclerosis in miceAndrea R Nawrocki
Department of Obesity, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1159-65. 2010b>Adiponectin is an adipocyte-derived, secreted protein that is implicated in protection against a cluster of related metabolic disorders...
- Effects of adiponectin deficiency on structural and metabolic remodeling in mice subjected to pressure overloadKaren M O'Shea
Division of Cardiology, Dept of Medicine, Univ of Maryland Baltimore, 20 Penn St, HSF2, Rm S022, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H1639-45. 2010Recent data suggest adiponectin, an adipocyte-derived hormone, affects development of heart failure in response to hypertension...
- Adiponectin-induced ERK and Akt phosphorylation protects against pancreatic beta cell apoptosis and increases insulin gene expression and secretionNadeeja Wijesekara
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, USA
J Biol Chem 285:33623-31. 2010The functional impact of adiponectin on pancreatic beta cells is so far poorly understood...
- Docosahexaenoic acid increases cellular adiponectin mRNA and secreted adiponectin protein, as well as PPARγ mRNA, in 3T3-L1 adipocytesRichard T Oster
Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, Animal Science and Nutrition Building, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 35:783-9. 2010b>Adiponectin, a protein secreted from adipose tissue, has been shown to have anti-diabetic and anti-inflammatory effects, but its regulation is not completely understood...
- Adiponectin inhibits osteoclastogenesis and bone resorption via APPL1-mediated suppression of Akt1Qisheng Tu
Division of Oral Biology, Department of General Dentistry, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 286:12542-53. 2011b>Adiponectin is an adipokine playing an important role in regulating energy homeostasis and insulin sensitivity. However, the effect of adiponectin on bone metabolism shows contradictory results according to different research studies...
- Adiponectin inhibits lipolysis in mouse adipocytesLiping Qiao
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Diabetes 60:1519-27. 2011b>Adiponectin is an adipocyte-derived hormone that sensitizes insulin and improves energy metabolism in tissues. This study was designed to investigate the direct regulatory effects of adiponectin on lipid metabolism in adipocytes.
- Downregulation of adiponectin induced by tumor necrosis factor α is involved in the aggravation of posttraumatic myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injuryShaowei Liu
Department of Cardiology, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xian, China
Crit Care Med 39:1935-43. 2011..myocardial injury after nonlethal mechanical trauma with a special focus on the role of tumor necrosis factor α and its potential downstream effector adiponectin, a novel adipokine with anti-inflammatory and cardioprotective properties.
- Adiponectin is a negative regulator of antigen-activated T cellsSabrina Wilk
Institute of Medical Immunology, Charite Berlin, Germany
Eur J Immunol 41:2323-32. 2011b>Adiponectin (APN), a cytokine constitutively produced in fat tissue, has been shown to exert anti-inflammatory effects in various disease models...
- Adipokines identified as new downstream targets for adiponectin: lessons from adiponectin-overexpressing or -deficient miceQian Ge
Endocrinology and Metabolism Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 55, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 301:E326-35. 2011Adipokines play a central role in the pathogenesis of the metabolic syndrome. Among them, adiponectin (ApN), a master regulator of immune and fuel homeostasis, is decreased...
- Adiponectin regulation of stellate cell activation via PPARγ-dependent and -independent mechanismsMahnoush S Shafiei
Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Am J Pathol 178:2690-9. 2011In this study, we elucidated the mechanism by which adiponectin modulates hepatic stellate cell activation and fibrogenesis...
- Adiponectin ameliorates doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity through Akt protein-dependent mechanismSonomi Maruyama
Department of Cardiology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:32790-800. 2011..b>Adiponectin is an adipose-derived, cardioprotective factor that is down-regulated in obesity...
- Role of the adiponectin binding protein, T-cadherin (Cdh13), in allergic airways responses in miceAlison S Williams
Molecular and Integrative Physiological Sciences Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e41088. 2012b>Adiponectin is an adipose derived hormone that declines in obesity. We have previously shown that exogenous administration of adiponectin reduces allergic airways responses in mice...
- Adiponectin knockout accentuates high fat diet-induced obesity and cardiac dysfunction: role of autophagyRui Guo
Center for Cardiovascular Research and Alternative Medicine, University of Wyoming College of Health Sciences, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1832:1136-48. 2013b>Adiponectin (APN), an adipose-derived adipokine, offers cardioprotective effects although the precise mechanism of action remains unclear...
- Adiponectin deficiency enhances colorectal carcinogenesis and liver tumor formation induced by azoxymethane in miceTamao Nishihara
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 14:6473-80. 2008To investigate the causal relationship between hypoadiponectinemia and colorectal carcinogenesis in in vivo experimental model, and to determine the contribution of adiponectin deficiency to colorectal cancer development and proliferation.
- Adiponectin and its receptors are expressed in bone-forming cellsHeidi S Berner
Oral Research Laboratory, Institute for Clinical Dentistry, University of Oslo, Norway
Bone 35:842-9. 2004b>Adiponectin has until now been considered to be synthesized and secreted exclusively by the adipose tissue, and is reported to influence energy homeostasis and insulin sensitivity...
- Brown adipocytes are novel sites of expression and regulation of adiponectin and resistinSay Viengchareun
INSERM U478, Institut Fédératif de Recherche Claude Bernard, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75018, Paris, France
FEBS Lett 532:345-50. 2002b>Adiponectin and resistin, two recently identified adipocyte-specific secretory factors, are able to modulate insulin actions in target tissues...
- Effects of soy protein diet on the expression of adipose genes and plasma adiponectinA Nagasawa
Department of Molecular Science and Internal Medicine, Osaka University, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Horm Metab Res 34:635-9. 2002..Adipose tissue-specific plasma protein, adiponectin, has anti-atherogenic and anti-insulin-resistance properties...
- Adiponectin inhibits cell proliferation by interacting with several growth factors in an oligomerization-dependent mannerYu Wang
Genome Research Centre and the Departments of Biochemistry and Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Biol Chem 280:18341-7. 2005b>Adiponectin, an adipocyte-specific secretory protein, is present in serum as three oligomeric complexes...
- Testosterone selectively reduces the high molecular weight form of adiponectin by inhibiting its secretion from adipocytesAimin Xu
Department of Medicine and Research Center of Heart, Brain, Hormone, and Healthy Aging, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Biol Chem 280:18073-80. 2005The antidiabetic hormone adiponectin circulates in blood as several oligomeric complexes, and the ratios between them are critical in determining insulin sensitivity...
- Effects of DGAT1 deficiency on energy and glucose metabolism are independent of adiponectinRyan S Streeper
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 291:E388-94. 2006..One such factor, adiponectin, increases fatty acid oxidation and enhances insulin sensitivity...
- Regulation of adiponectin and its receptors in response to development of diet-induced obesity in miceJohn W Bullen
Division of Endocrinology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 99 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1079-86. 2007b>Adiponectin and its receptors play an important role in energy homeostasis and insulin resistance, but their regulation remains to be fully elucidated...
- Endothelin-1 regulates adiponectin gene expression and secretion in 3T3-L1 adipocytes via distinct signaling pathwaysChi Chang Juan
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, and Department of Medical Research and Education, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Endocrinology 148:1835-42. 2007b>Adiponectin, which is specifically and highly expressed in adipose tissue, has pleiotropic insulin-sensitizing effects. Endothelin-1 (ET-1) is a potent vasoconstrictive peptide mainly produced by endothelial cells...
- Apelin, an APJ receptor ligand, regulates body adiposity and favors the messenger ribonucleic acid expression of uncoupling proteins in miceKeiko Higuchi
Department of Anatomy, Biology, and Medicine, Internal Medicine 1, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, 1 1 Idai ga oka, Hasama cho, Yufu City, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Endocrinology 148:2690-7. 2007..Apelin increased the serum adiponectin level and decreased that of leptin...
- Role of the Leukotriene B4 Receptors in AsthmaBENJAMIN MEDOFF; Fiscal Year: 2003..Repeat experiments in the presence of a BLTR2 antagonist will also allow characterization of the role of this receptor in asthma. ..
- OXIDATIVE STRESS/ANTIOXIDANT ENZYMES IN HEART FAILUREFlora Sam; Fiscal Year: 2004..The presence of this polymorphism will be correlated to 8- isoprostanes and remodeling markers from Aim 3. ..
- Chemokines, nitric oxide, and myocardial depressionBysani Chandrasekar; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results from these studies will further our knowledge of chemokine biology and lead to new therapeutic strategies to prevent or treat myocardial dysfunction in ischemia-reperfusion injury. ..
- Adiponectin: Effects on Graves' OptalmopathyPhilipp Scherer; Fiscal Year: 2005..Exposure to chronically elevated serum levels of the adipocyte-specific secretory protein adiponectin through transgenic overexpression results in massive hyperplasia of the retro-orbital fat pad...
- Adipogenesis, Obesity and InflammationPhilipp Scherer; Fiscal Year: 2005..Some sessions will be held jointly with the "Diabetes Mellitus and the control of Cellular Energy Metabolism" meeting that will effectively complement the obesity meeting. ..
- Preventing choroidal neovascularization by long-term transscleral drug deliveryPURAN BORA; Fiscal Year: 2006..For proof-of-concept, we will use a novel, human protein-based therapy that has shown great potential in preliminary animal studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transport of neurotrophic cytokines after spinal cord injuryWeihong Pan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the mechanisms of cytokine transport at this regulatory interface would help in the design of new approaches to treat SCI. ..
- Chemokines in lung transplantationBENJAMIN MEDOFF; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Manipulating and Preventing Mitochondrial Oxidative Stress in the AdipocytePhilipp Scherer; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transport of TNFalpha across the BBBWeihong Pan; Fiscal Year: 2008..These transporters could be novel drug targets and therefore provide promising therapeutic potential. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adiponectin & Resistin: Structure, Function & EffectsPhilipp Scherer; Fiscal Year: 2008..b>Adiponectin has gained significant attention recently as a mediator of hepatic insulin sensitivity...
- role of adipokines in colon epithelial cell homeostasisJENIFER FENTON; Fiscal Year: 2008..Leptin, interleukin-6 (IL-6) and adiponectin are three such adipokines that may a play direct role in obesity- associated cancer progression...
- Stromal Contributions of Adipocytes in Breast CancerPhilipp Scherer; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will help define the role of mammary adipocytes in the pathogenesis of breast cancer. ..
- Role of Aldosterone in Cardiac RemodelingFlora Sam; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide new understanding of the mechanisms of aldosterone signaling in the pressure overload heart and will have direct relevance to a common cause of heart failure in patients. ..
- Use of OBG3 for promoting central nervous system remyelinationPatent Number: WO03044057-A2; Date:2003-05-30