Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TXK
Description: TXK tyrosine kinase
Alias: BTKL, PSCTK5, PTK4, RLK, TKL, tyrosine-protein kinase TXK, PTK4 protein tyrosine kinase 4, protein-tyrosine kinase 4, resting lymphocyte kinase
Publications3041 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of erythropoietin on endothelin-1 synthesis and the cellular calcium messenger system in vascular endothelial cellsV Vogel
Renal Section, Medical Polyclinic and Institute of Physiology I, University of Bonn, Germany
Am J Hypertens 10:289-96. 1997..Therefore, the systemic hypertensive effects of EPO may be due at least in part to local stimulation of vascular endothelial ET synthesis via calcium mobilization...
- Human recombinant alpha 2-HS glycoprotein is produced in insect cells as a full length inhibitor of the insulin receptor tyrosine kinaseL Kalabay
3rd Department of Medicine, Semmelweis University Medical School, Budapest, Hungary
Horm Metab Res 30:1-6. 1998..1)...
- Space flight modulates signal transduction pathway of growth factor receptors in rat osteoblastsY Kumei
Tokyo Medical and Dental Univ
Biol Sci Space 13:142-3. 1999..The purpose of this study is to investigate the mRNA levels for PDGF-beta receptor, EGF receptor, Shc, and c-fos in rat osteoblasts during space flight...
- Production and localization of Muc4/sialomucin complex and its receptor tyrosine kinase ErbB2 in the rat lacrimal glandM E Arango
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida 33101, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:2749-56. 2001..To show the presence and forms of sialomucin complex (rat Muc4) and receptor tyrosine kinase ErbBs in the rat lacrimal gland and analyze for complexes of ErbB2 and its ligand Muc4...
- Human Txk: genomic organization, structure and contiguous physical linkage with the Tec geneY Ohta
Department of Pediatrics, University of South Florida, St Petersburg 33701, USA
Oncogene 12:937-42. 1996b>Txk is a Tec-family tyrosine kinase expressed in mouse and human T lymphocytes...
- Resting lymphocyte kinase (Rlk/Txk) phosphorylates the YVKM motif and regulates PI 3-kinase binding to T-cell antigen CTLA-4H Schneider
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, 02115, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 252:14-9. 1998..In this study, we demonstrate that Rlk (resting lymphocyte kinase) is capable of phosphorylating CTLA-4 at the YVKM motif...
- TXK, a novel human tyrosine kinase expressed in T cells shares sequence identity with Tec family kinases and maps to 4p12R N Haire
Department of Pediatrics, University of South Florida, All Children s Hospital, St Petersburg 33701
Hum Mol Genet 3:897-901. 1994A gene for a novel, putative cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase, TXK has been isolated from a human peripheral blood cDNA library...
- Resting lymphocyte kinase (Rlk/Txk) targets lymphoid adaptor SLP-76 in the cooperative activation of interleukin-2 transcription in T-cellsH Schneider
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 275:3835-40. 2000b>Rlk/Txk is a T-cell-specific member of the Btk/Tec family of tyrosine kinases, whereas SLP-76 is a lymphoid adaptor that is essential for pre-TcR and mature TcR signaling...
- Characterization of the molecular mode of action of the sulfonylurea, glimepiride, at adipocytesG Muller
Hoechst AG Frankfurt, Germany
Horm Metab Res 28:469-87. 1996....
- The proliferative effect of vascular endothelial growth factor requires protein kinase C-alpha and protein kinase C-zetaM Wellner
, Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 19:178-85. 1999..Antisense ODN for these PKC isoforms block VEGF-induced proliferation. These findings suggest that PKC isoforms alpha and zeta are important for VEGF's angiogenic effects...
- Increased protein kinase C activity in myotrophin-induced myocyte growthP Sil
Department of Molecular Cardiology, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Circ Res 82:1173-88. 1998..Our data suggest that myotrophin exerts its action on protein synthesis, possibly through a tyrosine kinase-coupled pathway and translocation of PKC from the cytosol to the cell membrane...
- Clinical neurosciences in the decade of the brain: hypotheses in neuro-oncology. VEG/PF acts upon the actin cytoskeleton and is inhibited by dexamethasone: relevance to tumor angiogenesis and vasogenic edemaG R Criscuolo
Yale University Medical Center, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Yale J Biol Med 69:337-55. 1996..These observations are likely to be directly linked to VEG/PF-induced endothelial cytosolic calcium flux. Insight into the mechanism of dexamethasone's clinical efficacy is also provided...
- NGF-resistant PC12 cell death induced by arachidonic acid is accompanied by a decrease of active PKC zeta and nuclear factor kappa BN J Macdonald
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, USA
J Neurosci Res 57:219-26. 1999..Our results also suggest that AA, an inflammatory signal lipid induced by TNFalpha via binding to TNFR-I, may reduce neuronal survival by inhibiting elements of the signal cascade induced by NGF...
- Annulate lamellae in a large cell lung carcinoma cell line with high expression of tyrosine kinase receptor and proto-oncogenesN S Wang
Department of Pathology, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ultrastruct Pathol 16:439-49. 1992..AL are suspected to be involved in the deposition or processing of mRNA: The enhanced coexpression of AL and mRNAs of three tyrosine kinase-containing receptors in RVH-6849 cells may represent such a relationship...
- Reactive oxygen species in essential hypertension and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusN N Orie
, University of Bochum, Germany
Am J Hypertens 12:1169-74. 1999..01) compared with EH (42+/-4 nmol/L) and control subjects (35+/-3 nmol/L). Phytohemagglutinin was more effective in increasing [Ca2+]i than ROS. It is concluded that ROS may play a role in the metabolic syndrome of NIDDM but not in EH...
- Possible roles of protein kinases in neutrophil chemotactic factor production by leucocytes in allergic inflammation in ratsJ Tanabe
Department of Pathophysiological Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Miyagi, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 113:1480-6. 1994..Time-course experiments showed that the inhibitory effect by dexamethasone was apparent even 30 min after the incubation.7. Mechanism for inhibiting the production of LDNCF-1 and LDNCF-2 by dexamethasone is also discussed...
- RPK1, an essential yeast protein kinase involved in the regulation of the onset of mitosis, shows homology to mammalian dual-specificity kinasesO Poch
, Strasbourg, France
Mol Gen Genet 243:641-53. 1994..Taken together, our results suggest that Rpk1 is involved in a pathway that coordinates cell proliferation and differentiation...
- Effect of tumor necrosis factor-alpha on insulin signal transduction in rat adipocytes: relation to PKCbeta and zeta translocationA Miura
The Third Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu 500-8705, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1449:227-38. 1999..These results suggest that TNF-alpha inhibits insulin-stimulated activation of both the tyrosine kinase-IRS-1-PI3K-PKCzeta pathway and DG-PKC pathway. Finally, TNF-alpha contributes to insulin resistance in rat adipocytes...
- Isolation and characterization of dermal lymphatic and blood endothelial cells reveal stable and functionally specialized cell lineagesE Kriehuber
Division of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Department of Dermatology, University of Vienna Medical School, Austria
J Exp Med 194:797-808. 2001..These results demonstrate that LECs and BECs constitute stable and specialized EC lineages equipped with the potential to navigate leukocytes and, perhaps also, tumor cells into and out of the tissues...
- Vascular actions of thrombin receptor-derived polypeptides: structure-activity profiles for contractile and relaxant effects in rat aortaA A Laniyonu
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Calgary, Faculty of Medicine, AB Canada
Br J Pharmacol 114:1680-6. 1995....
- Activation of rabbit platelets by Ca2+ influx and thromboxane A2 release in an external Ca(2+)-dependent manner by zooxanthellatoxin-A, a novel polyolM C Rho
Department of Pharmaceutical Molecular Biology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 115:433-40. 1995..The resulting increase in [Ca2+]i subsequently stimulates the secondary release of TXA2 from platelets. Furthermore, the response to ZT-A may be associated with tyrosine phosphorylation...
- The role of nitric oxide in parasitic diseasesF Y Liew
Department of Immunology, University of Glasgow
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 87:637-42. 1993..The regulatory pathways involve tyrosine kinase and protein kinase C...
- The upregulating effect of insulin and vanadate on cell surface insulin receptors in rat adipocytes is modulated by glucose and energy availabilityZ W Yu
Department of Medicine, Norrland University Hospital, , Sweden
Horm Metab Res 32:310-5. 2000..In conclusion, the effect of insulin and vanadate to upregulate cell-surface insulin receptors is energy-dependent and to some extent specifically glucose-dependent...
- Subtype-specific translocation of the delta subtype of protein kinase C and its activation by tyrosine phosphorylation induced by ceramide in HeLa cellsT Kajimoto
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Biosignal Research Center, Kobe University, Nada-ku, Kobe 657-8501, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 21:1769-83. 2001....
- Receptors for insulin-like growth factors in the central nervous system: structure and functionS Gammeltoft
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen NV, Denmark
Horm Metab Res 20:436-42. 1988..Based on these findings we suggest that IGF receptors in brain undergo changes during fetal development and malignant transformation.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Interleukin-1-induced ether-linked diglycerides inhibit calcium-insensitive protein kinase C isotypes. Implications for growth senescenceA Mandal
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106-4949, USA
J Biol Chem 272:20306-11. 1997..This signaling mechanism implicates cytokine receptor-induced ether-linked diglycerides as second messengers that inhibit the bioactivity of calcium-insensitive protein kinase C isotypes resulting in growth arrest...
- Opioid modulation of extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase activity is ras-dependent and involves Gbetagamma subunitsM M Belcheva
E. A. Doisy Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, St. Louis University School of Medicine, Missouri 63104-1079, USA
J Neurochem 70:635-45. 1998..These results suggest a mechanism involving Ras and betagamma subunits of Gi/o proteins in opioid agonist activation of ERK1 and ERK2, as well as opioid modulation of epidermal growth factor-induced ERK activity...
- Down-modulation of P210bcr/abl induces apoptosis/differentiation in K562 leukemic blast cellsA B Deora
Chemotherapy and Stem Cell Biology Division, Tata Memorial Center, Parel, Mumbai, India
Tumori 83:756-61. 1997....
- Control of DAF-7 TGF-(alpha) expression and neuronal process development by a receptor tyrosine kinase KIN-8 in Caenorhabditis elegansM Koga
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Development 126:5387-98. 1999..KIN-8 is required for the process development of ASI, and also involved in promotion of daf-7 expression through a physiological or developmental function...
- Rapid desensitization of adrenaline- and neuropeptide Y-stimulated Ca2+ mobilization in HEL-cellsM C Michel
Dept Medicine, University of Essen, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 112:499-504. 1994....
- Hybrid tyrosine kinase/cytokine receptors transmit mitogenic signals in response to ligandR E Pacifici
Department of Molecular Biology, Amgen Inc, Amgen Center, Thousand Oaks, California 91320
J Biol Chem 269:1571-4. 1994....
- Protein A-activated rat splenic lymphocyte proliferation involves tyrosine kinase-phospholipase C-protein kinase C pathwayT Das
Immunotechnology Section, Bose Institute, Calcutta, India
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 22:75-90. 2000..These observations will be of valid help in correlating the immunostimulatory activities of PA with the molecular mechanism(s) of its action...
- Signaling mechanisms of basic fibroblast growth factor in arterial cells from genetically hypertensive ratD L Zhu
CNRS URA 1482, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, , Paris, France
Am J Hypertens 7:351-6. 1994..Therefore, one may envisage that bFGF contributes, through paracrine/autocrine mechanisms, to the vascular smooth muscle hyperplasia/hypertrophy in SHR...
- The regulation of trabecular meshwork and ciliary muscle contractilityM Wiederholt
, , , Germany
Prog Retin Eye Res 19:271-95. 2000..This profile makes these substances appear as ideal drugs for simultaneously improving ocular outflow and retinal circulation, parameters that determine the time course of visual deterioration in glaucoma...
- Involvement of insulin-like growth factor-I in inner ear organogenesis and regenerationY Leon
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Horm Metab Res 31:126-32. 1999..The combinatorial expression of jun and Fos family members in particular domains of the otic vesicle would be the final result of such cascade. Some of these mechanisms may be also implicated in otic regeneration...
- Properties of tripartite chimeras between Src and LckA Kashishian
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104
Oncogene 5:1463-70. 1990..Enzymatic dephosphorylation stimulated the in vitro kinase activity of parental Src, but not of SLS or SLL. These observations suggest that chimeric Src-Lck molecules are regulated in the cell, but not in vitro...
- In vivo modulators of antibody kineticsA Jekunen
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki
Acta Oncol 35:267-71. 1996..This type of manipulation provides an opportunity to optimize radioimmunotherapy...
- Insulin action is mimicked by polyclonal antireceptor antibodies that activate the insulin receptor tyrosine kinaseM Caron
Laboratoire de Biochimie, INSERM U181, , Paris, France
Horm Metab Res 21:295-300. 1989..Taken together, these results are consistent with a role for the kinase activity of the insulin receptor in mediating the action of insulin...
- The role of capacitative Ca2+ influx in the alpha 1B-adrenoceptor-mediated contraction to phenylephrine of the rat spleenR P Burt
Department of Pharmacology, University College London
Br J Pharmacol 116:2327-33. 1995..This suggests that inositol triphosphate but not diacylglycerol is involved in the contraction...
- Hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and insulin resistance: the role of intracellular magnesiumG Paolisso
Department of Geriatric Medicine and Metabolic Diseases, II University of Naples, Italy
Am J Hypertens 10:346-55. 1997..We further suggest that a reduced intracellular magnesium concentration might be the missing link helping to explain the epidemiological association between NIDDM and hypertension...
- Strain induces Caco-2 intestinal epithelial proliferation and differentiation via PKC and tyrosine kinase signalsO Han
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven 06520-8062, USA
Am J Physiol 275:G534-41. 1998..These results suggest that cyclic deformation may modulate intestinal epithelial proliferation and brush-border enzyme activity by regulating PKC and tyrosine kinase signals...
- Effects of mercuric chloride exposure on the glutamate uptake by cultured retinal pigment epithelial cellsT A Toimela
Tampere University Medical School, FIN-33014 University of Tampere, Finland
Toxicol In Vitro 15:7-12. 2001..However, PKC is not likely to be the only regulator of glutamate uptake. The rise observed in [Ca(2+)](i) may initiate various cellular events during mercury intoxication...
- Sequential involvement of Lck and SHP-1 with MHC-recognizing receptors on NK cells inhibits FcR-initiated tyrosine kinase activationB A Binstadt
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Immunity 5:629-38. 1996..These results suggest sequential roles for Lck and SHP-1 in the inhibition of PTK following MHC recognition by NK cells...
- Interactions of chloroethylclonidine with rauwolscine- and prazosin-sensitive adrenoceptors in dog saphenous veinA M Low
Department of Biomedical Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 113:1263-8. 1994..The inhibitory effect on CEC-induced contraction that depended on external Ca2+ by genistein suggests a role forty rosine kinase in the regulation of dihydropyridine-insensitive Ca2+ entry...
- [Abnormalities of the p53, N-ras, DCC and FLT-3 genes in myelodysplastic syndromes]K Nakamura
Department of 3rd Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 68:143-8. 2001..Abnormalities of p53 and DCC genes were significantly associated with survival time (p< 0.02, p< 0.004, respectively)...
- A lipid A analog inhibits LPS-induced cytokine expression and improves survival in endotoxemic miceK Someya
New Product Research Laboratories I, Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co, Tokyo, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 18:477-95. 1996..These results suggest that monosaccharidic lipid A analog such as DY-9973 can inhibit LPS-induced activation of macrophages and that it reduces lethal toxicity of LPS...
- Mode of action of thrombin in the rabbit aortaD Godin
, , Canada
Br J Pharmacol 115:903-8. 1995..5. Altogether these results suggest the existence of subtle differences between the mode of action of thrombin and of synthetic peptides related to the N-terminal thrombin receptor sequence, in the rabbit aorta...
- Protein kinase C-zeta and phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 are required for insulin-induced activation of ERK in rat adipocytesM P Sajan
J. A. Haley Veterans Hospital Research Service, Department of Internal Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 274:30495-500. 1999..Our findings therefore suggested that PDK-1 and PKC-zeta serve as a downstream effectors of PI3K, and act in conjunction with GRB2, SOS, RAS, and RAF, to activate MEK and ERK during insulin action in rat adipocytes...
- Insulin-like growth factor system in neuroblastoma tumorigenesis and apoptosis: potential diagnostic and therapeutic perspectivesW Zumkeller
German Cancer Research Centre, Division of Cytogenetics, Heidelberg, Germany
Horm Metab Res 31:138-41. 1999..This review highlights the role of the IGF-system in neuroblastoma and points at possible modulators with the aim of inducing differentiation or apoptosis of tumor cells...
- Platelet-derived growth factor. Structure, function and implications in normal and malignant cell growthB Westermark
Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 32:101-5. 1993..This view is supported by our recent finding that human melanoma cells that have been stably transfected with a PDGF B-chain cDNA, elicit a stroma response when transplanted to nude mice...
- Possible role of tyrosine kinases in the prolactin stimulation of cell division in Nb2 node lymphoma cellsG Fan
Department of Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan
Horm Metab Res 25:256-8. 1993....
- Arachidonic acid induces c-jun gene expression in stromal cells stimulated by interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha: evidence for a tyrosine-kinase-dependent processM T Rizzo
Division of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Parma University School of Medicine, Italy
Blood 86:2967-75. 1995..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Novel tyrosine kinase inhibitors in the treatment of cancerAlberto Ocana
Drug Development Program, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Curr Drug Targets 10:575-6. 2009....
- Doxazosin lowers blood pressure and improves insulin responses to a glucose load with no changes in tyrosine kinase activity or insulin bindingL J Dominguez
Division of Endocrinology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Am J Hypertens 8:528-32. 1995..No significant correlation was found between the insulin or glucose responses and the insulin receptor binding or tyrosine kinase activity before and after treatment...
- ZD6474 inhibits vascular endothelial growth factor signaling, angiogenesis, and tumor growth following oral administrationStephen R Wedge
Department of Cancer and Infection Research, AstraZeneca, Cheshire SK10 4TG, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 62:4645-55. 2002..4 cm(3) volume. ZD6474 is currently in Phase I clinical development as a once-daily oral therapy in patients with advanced cancer...
- Cytokine-mediated induction of cyclo-oxygenase-2 by activation of tyrosine kinase in bovine endothelial cells stimulated by bacterial lipopolysaccharideP Akarasereenont
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London
Br J Pharmacol 115:401-8. 1995....
- Identification, cloning, and characterization of a novel human T-cell-specific tyrosine kinase located at the hematopoietin complex on chromosome 5qS Gibson
Oncology Research Division, Toronto General Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Blood 82:1561-72. 1993..Furthermore, the 5q31-32 region is implicated in the genesis of the 5q- syndrome associated with myelodysplasia and development of leukemia.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Interleukin 6 signal transduction in a human hepatoma cell line (Hep G2)D Thompson
Department of Clinical Medicine, Old Medical School, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 15:371-86. 1993..There was no evidence to suggest that protein kinase C had a stimulatory role although this or a related kinase may be involved in down-regulating the interleukin 6 signal...
- Effects of the tyrosine kinase inhibitor AG957 and an Anti-Fas receptor antibody on CD34(+) chronic myelogenous leukemia progenitor cellsC Carlo-Stella
Department of Hematology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Blood 93:3973-82. 1999..These data may have significant therapeutic applications...
- Internalization and degradation of insulin by a human insulin receptor-v-ros hybrid in Chinese hamster ovary cellsJ Hari
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 158:705-11. 1989....
- Interleukin-3 regulates the activity of the LYN protein-tyrosine kinase in myeloid-committed leukemic cell linesT Torigoe
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Blood 80:617-24. 1992..These observations provide the first example of an IL-3--regulable PTK, and strongly suggest that the p53/56-LYN kinase participates in early IL-3--initiated signalling events, at least in some human leukemic cell lines...
- A chimeric EGFR/neu receptor in functional analysis of the neu oncoproteinL Lehtola
Department of Virology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Acta Oncol 31:147-50. 1992..In the future we plan to focus on characterization of possible differences between EGFR and neu signalling in more differentiated cellular backgrounds...
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced activation of a protein tyrosine kinase, pp60src, in murine hepatic cytosol using a cell-free systemA Blankenship
Department of Environmental Toxicology and the Center for Environmental Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Mol Pharmacol 52:667-75. 1997....
- Serine and alanine racemase activities of VanT: a protein necessary for vancomycin resistance in Enterococcus gallinarum BM4174C A Arias
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, The Downing Site, Cambridge CB2 1QW, UK
Microbiology 146:1727-34. 2000..To investigate the selectivity of racemization of L-Ser or L-Ala by VanT, a strain of Escherichia coli TKL-10 that requires D-Ala for growth at 42 degrees C was used as host for transformation experiments using plasmids ..
- Dasatinib: a tyrosine kinase inhibitor for the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia and philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemiaMichael Steinberg
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 19 Foster Street, Worcester, MA 01608, USA
Clin Ther 29:2289-308. 2007..The oral TK inhibitor dasatinib was approved in 2006 for use in patients with CML or Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) who are unable to tolerate or have not responded to other treatments...
- Diacylglycerols modulate insulin action in rat adipocytesM L Terry
Department of Internal Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan
Horm Metab Res 23:266-70. 1991....
- Cytokine receptor signal transduction mechanisms in immuno-hematopoietic cellsV Chiarugi
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, University of Florence
Tumori 79:92-9. 1993..Three of five classes of receptors show the involvement of tyrosine kinase activity as the key step in signal transduction. The importance of tyrosine phosphorylation in cellular response to cytokines is pointed out...
- Antiangiogenic and antitumor activity of a novel vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor ZD6474 in a metastatic human pancreatic tumor modelClaudius Conrad
Department of Surgery, University of Munich Grosshadern LMU, Munich, Germany
Anticancer Drugs 18:569-79. 2007..ZD6474 decreased primary pancreatic tumor growth and reduced lymph node and liver metastases compared with controls or gemcitabine alone. Tumor growth was inhibited further in animals receiving ZD6474 and gemcitabine in combination...
- Tyrosine kinase B and C receptors in the neostriatum and nucleus accumbens are co-localized in enkephalin-positive and enkephalin-negative neuronal profiles and their expression is influenced by cocaineA Y Freeman
Laboratory of Neuropsychopharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, R 612, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston 02118, USA
Neuroscience 117:147-56. 2003....
- Regulated binding of PTP1B-like phosphatase to N-cadherin: control of cadherin-mediated adhesion by dephosphorylation of beta-cateninJ Balsamo
Department of Biological Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Cell Biol 134:801-13. 1996..In this manner the GalNAcPTase-proteoglycan interaction may play a major role in morphogenetic cell and tissue interactions during development...
- Novel 4-anilinoquinazolines with C-7 basic side chains: design and structure activity relationship of a series of potent, orally active, VEGF receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitorsLaurent F Hennequin
AstraZeneca, Centre de Recherches, Z I la Pompelle, B P 1050, Chemin de Vrilly, 51689 Reims, Cedex 2, France
J Med Chem 45:1300-12. 2002..001, Mann Whitney rank sum test), and substantial inhibition (36%, P < 0.02) was evident with 12.5 mg/kg/day...
- Stimulation of M3 muscarinic receptors induces phosphorylation of the Cdc42 effector activated Cdc42Hs-associated kinase-1 via a Fyn tyrosine kinase signaling pathwayD A Linseman
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience Laboratory, Mental Health Research Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104 1687, USA
J Biol Chem 276:5622-8. 2001..The data are the first to show phosphorylation of ACK-1 after stimulation of a receptor coupled to neurite outgrowth and indicate that a Rho family GTPase (i.e. Cdc42) and Fyn are essential upstream elements of this signaling pathway...
- YM-359445, an orally bioavailable vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor, has highly potent antitumor activity against established tumorsNobuaki Amino
Pharmacology Laboratories, Molecular Medicine Laboratories, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Tsukuba, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 12:1630-8. 2006..The aim of this study was to analyze the efficacy of this compound both in vitro and in vivo...
- Transmembrane signaling by a chimera of the Escherichia coli aspartate receptor and the human insulin receptorG R Moe
Department of Biochemistry, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:5683-7. 1989..These results indicate that features of the signaling mechanisms used by these diverse receptors are conserved, but that interesting changes in the protein properties are caused by differences in the neighboring domains...
- Selective inhibition of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase by BIBX1382BS and the improvement of growth delay, but not local control, after fractionated irradiation in human FaDu squamous cell carcinoma in the nude mouseM Baumann
Clinic of Radiation Oncology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Int J Radiat Biol 79:547-59. 2003..FaDu human squamous cell carcinoma is epidermal growth factor receptor positive and significant repopulation during fractionated irradiation was demonstrated in previous experiments...
- Glucose transporter (GLUT 4) content and insulin receptor kinase activity in muscles of the LA/N-cp ratM Kern
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, California
Horm Metab Res 26:129-32. 1994..These data indicate that there are at least two defects in the insulin action cascade in muscle from LA/N-cp rats that contribute to the insulin resistance in these animals...
- Partial purification and characterization of the lck protein-tyrosine kinase from bovine thymusQ M Wang
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907
Biochem J 279:567-74. 1991..The phosphorylation of angiotensin I by bovine thymus p56lck was weakly activated by polyionic compounds such as heparin and polylysine, and was strongly activated by high concentrations of NaCl...
- Characterization of cancer stem cells in chronic myeloid leukaemiaH G Jørgensen
Section of Experimental Haematology, Division of Cancer Sciences and Molecular Pathology, University of Glasgow, Level 3 Queen Elizabeth Building, Royal Infirmary, 10 Alexandra Parade, Glasgow G31 2ER, U K
Biochem Soc Trans 35:1347-51. 2007..Our intentions are now to explore the activity of BMS-214662 in other cancer stem cell disorders and to move this preclinical work to a clinical trial combining dasatinib with BMS-214662 in CML...
- [Involvement of protein tyrosine kinases in β-amyloid protein-induced suppression of long-term potentiation in the rat hippocampal CA1 region in vivo]Fen Guo
Department of Physiology, Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 61:263-71. 2009....
- Effects of tyrosine kinase inhibitors on the contractility of rat mesenteric resistance arteriesC Toma
Department of Pharmacology, Aarhus University, Denmark
Br J Pharmacol 114:1266-72. 1995..However, the results must be interpreted cautiously because the enzyme inhibitors may have a poor specificity in intact tissues and because the presumed inactive analogues had potent effects...
- Tyrosine kinase and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation are required for cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate-dependent potentiation of deoxyribonucleic acid synthesis induced by insulin-like growth factor-I in FRTL-5 cellsT Nedachi
Department of Animal Sciences, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Endocrinology 141:2429-38. 2000..These mechanisms appear to be necessary for cAMP-dependent potentiation of the DNA synthesis induced by IGF-I...
- Regulation of lipopolysaccharide-induced inducible nitric-oxide synthase expression through the nuclear factor-kappaB pathway and interferon-beta/tyrosine kinase 2/Janus tyrosine kinase 2-signal transducer and activator of transcription-1 signaling cascadHye Jung Kim
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, 92 Chilam dong, Jinju, South Korea
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 320:782-9. 2007..Thus, THI 53 may regulate LPS-mediated inflammatory response through both the NF-kappaB and IFN-beta/Tyk2/JAK2-STAT-1 pathways...
- Contractile effects of angiotensin peptides in rat aorta are differentially dependent on tyrosine kinase activityG Petrescu
Department of Physiology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Gr T Popa, Iasi, Romania
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 2:180-7. 2001..An elevation of intracellular calcium via tyrosine kinase-mediated processes may mediate the actions of G-protein coupled receptor agonists in smooth muscle, including angiotensin peptides...
- Effects of protein kinase C on delayed rectifier K+ channel regulation by tyrosine kinase in rat retinal pigment epithelial cellsOlaf Strauss
Institute for Clinical Physiology, Benjamin Franklin University Clinic, Free University of Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:1645-54. 2002..Investigation of the regulation of delayed rectifier potassium channels by protein kinases in retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) cells...
- Extra-virgin olive oil polyphenols inhibit HER2 (erbB-2)-induced malignant transformation in human breast epithelial cells: relationship between the chemical structures of extra-virgin olive oil secoiridoids and lignans and their inhibitory activities on Javier A Menendez
Catalan Institute of Oncology ICO, Girona Biomedical Research Institute IdIBGi, Spain
Int J Oncol 34:43-51. 2009....
- [Bcr-Abl inhibition as molecular therapy approach in chronic myeloid leukemia]Elisabeth Buchdunger
Präklinische Forschung Onkologie, Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Schweiz
Med Klin (Munich) 97:2-6. 2002..Recent studies with clinical samples from resistant patients have shown that point mutations in the kinase domain of Bcr-Abl play a role in the development of resistance to STI571...
- Novel 5-substituted, 2,4-diaminofuro[2,3-d]pyrimidines as multireceptor tyrosine kinase and dihydrofolate reductase inhibitors with antiangiogenic and antitumor activityAleem Gangjee
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Duquesne University, 600 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15282, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 13:5475-91. 2005..In addition, both 18 and 32 were also active in decreasing lung metastases in a mouse model of B16 melanomas...
- Activation of epidermal growth factor receptor by epidermal growth factorJ M Sherrill
Department of Chemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0506, USA
Biochemistry 35:5705-18. 1996..In this mechanism, dimeric EGF receptor must be occupied by two molecules of EGF for enzymatic activity to be expressed...
- Role of tyrosine kinase in serotonin-induced constriction of the basilar artery in vivoT Kitazono
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Stroke 29:494-7; discussion 498. 1998..The objective of this study was to test the hypothesis that activation of tyrosine kinase contributes to serotonin-induced constriction of the basilar artery in vivo...
- Looking for an insulin pill? Use the BRET methodology!T Issad
Department of Cell Biology, Institut Cochin, CNRS UMR 8104, INSERM U567, Universite Paris V, Paris, France
Diabetes Metab 29:111-7. 2003..Therefore, this methodology can also be used in high-throughput screening for the search of molecules that will specifically disrupt the interaction between the insulin receptor and PTP1B...
- Expression of focal adhesion kinase (p125 FAK) and proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2 (PYK2/CAKb) in cerebral metastases, correlation with VEGF-R-, ecNOS III-labelling and morphometric dataH C Ludwig
Georg August Universitat, Gottingen, Germany
Anticancer Res 20:1419-24. 2000..A further analysis was performed to morphometrically evaluate tumour and oedema volumes and to correlate the immunohistochemical data in a subgroup of 40 patients...
- An update of the mechanisms of resistance to EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitors in breast cancer: Gefitinib (Iressa) -induced changes in the expression and nucleo-cytoplasmic trafficking of HER-ligands (Review)Laura Ferrer-Soler
Girona Biomedical Research Institute IdIBGi, Dr Josep Trueta University Hospital of Girona, Girona, Catalonia, Spain
Int J Mol Med 20:3-10. 2007....
- Involvement of G(i) proteins and Src tyrosine kinase in TNFalpha production induced by lipopolysaccharide, group B Streptococci and Staphylococcus aureusHongkuan Fan
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, Medical University of South Carolina, 173 Ashley Avenue, BSB Room 403, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Cytokine 22:126-33. 2003..However, unlike LPS, involvement of PI3 Kinase in Gram-positive bacteria induced signaling pathways are species dependent...
- The nonreceptor tyrosine kinase ACK2, a specific target for Cdc42 and a negative regulator of cell growth and focal adhesion complexesW Yang
Department of Molecular Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 276:43987-93. 2001....
- Phosphotyrosine binding domain-dependent upregulation of the platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha signaling cascade by transforming mutants of Cbl: implications for Cbl's function and oncogenicityD P Bonita
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:4597-610. 1997..Altogether, these findings identify a novel mechanism of Cbl's physiological function and oncogenesis, involving its PTB domain-dependent direct interaction with cellular tyrosine kinases...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent membrane association of the Bruton's tyrosine kinase pleckstrin homology domain visualized in single living cellsP Varnai
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4510, USA
J Biol Chem 274:10983-9. 1999....
- Effect of in vivo administered hexachlorobenzene on epidermal growth factor receptor levels, protein tyrosine kinase activity, and phosphotyrosine content in rat liverAndrea S Randi
Departamento de Bioqui mica Humana, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Paraguay 2155, 5to piso, CP 1121, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Biochem Pharmacol 65:1495-506. 2003..The level of sensitivity encountered in our studies is extraordinary, occurring at 1/10 to 1/1000 the doses of HCB known to cause other toxicological lesions...
- Insulin resistance and diabetes due to different mutations in the tyrosine kinase domain of both insulin receptor gene allelesJ Kusari
Department of Medicine, University of California, La Jolla 92093
J Biol Chem 266:5260-7. 1991....
- The role of cetuximab in the treatment of squamous cell cancer of the head and neckBarbara Burtness
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 5:1085-93. 2005..Thus, cetuximab is biologically active across a range of clinical scenarios in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Ongoing studies will be important in establishing its role in the routine management of head and neck cancer...
- Multiple effects and stimulation of insulin secretion by the tyrosine kinase inhibitor genistein in normal mouse isletsJ C Jonas
, Faculty of Medicine, University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 114:872-80. 1995..The unusual mechanisms, by which genistein increases insulin release in spite of a decrease in beta-cell [Ca2+]i and without activating known signalling pathways, do not seem to result from an inhibition of tyrosine kinases...
- Phosphorylation of GAP and GAP-associated proteins by transforming and mitogenic tyrosine kinasesC Ellis
Division of Molecular and Developmental Biology, Mount Sinai Hospital Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nature 343:377-81. 1990..These data support the idea that SH2 sequences direct the interactions of cytoplasmic proteins involved in signal transduction...
- CLIFFORD RUSSELL GREYSON; Fiscal Year: 2016..Agents with potential clinical utility will be identified using the isolated papillary muscle model and tested in the pig model. ..
- Phosphorylation Biosensors for Drug DiscoveryHung Teh Kao; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, this new technology will be convertible to a wide array of protein kinases, greatly expanding the number of drug targets that may potentially be screened. ..
- Jan Novak; Fiscal Year: 2016..Relevance: The results will shed light on the pathogenesis of IgAN and identify therapeutic targets for disease-specific treatment of IgAN as well as potential response/prognostic biomarkers. ..
- Molecular Basis of Pathogenicity of IgA1-containing Immune ComplexesJan Novak; Fiscal Year: 2012..Relevance: The improved understanding of the pathogenesis of IgAN will identify therapeutic targets for disease-specific therapy of IgAN as well as potential prognostic biomarkers. ..
- NATHANAEL SCHIANDER GRAY; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Phosphotyrosine signaling pathways controlling tracheal tube geometryKAI G ZINN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We can also analyze tyrosine phosphorylation of the proteins and determine if they physically interact with each other in the embryo. ..
- Khalid Matrougui; Fiscal Year: 2014..The goal of our studies is to determine how increased Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor tyrosine kinase activity compromises coronary arteriolar function in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Mutant Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Signaling in Lung CancerUdayan Guha; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal is aimed at elucidating the signaling pathways that relay the signals from mutant EGFRs to promote cancer cell survival and proliferation and validate those targets of mutant EGFR in lung cancer patients. ..
- The central role of c-Met in H. pylori pathogenesis.Sarah E Keates; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from these studies should lead to a better understanding of the disease mechanisms involved in the development of H. pylori-mediated gastric carcinogenesis. ..
- CHEMOPREVENTION WITH GREEN TEA POLYPHENON E (PPE) AND EGFR-TKIs IN HEAD AND NECKDONG MOON SHIN; Fiscal Year: 2011..This may be further enhanced by the identification of tumor markers that can serve as indicators for treatment efficacy. ..
- Daniel J Leahy; Fiscal Year: 2015..We have recently extended our expression and purification to HER2, HER3, and HER4, and we propose to carry out similar mechanistic and enzymological studies of the intrinsic and regulated activity of these ErbBs. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of EGF Signaling &Iressa/Tarceva Inhibition in NSCLCKaren S Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2012..The studies described in this application are designed help unravel these molecular details to allow us to differentiate cancer cells from normal cells and assess the usefulness of current and new cancer therapies. ..
- Mechanisms of Glioma Resistance to EGFR InhibitionJILL E WYKOSKY; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Biomolecular Analysis using Liquid CrystalsNicholas L Abbott; Fiscal Year: 2013..public ..
- TOPOISOMERASE I INHIBITORS IN LEUKEMIA AND SOLID TUMORSScott H Kaufmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..Collectively, these studies are designed to provide new insight into the mechanism of action of topo I poisons, and identify strategies for enhancing their efficacy. ..
- IN VIVO CEREBRAL OXIDATIVE METABOLISM IN HYPOXIC NEWBORNSMARIA D DELIVORIA PAPADOPOULOS; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Markers of sensivity to the EGFR inhibitor erlotinib in breast cancerNaoto T Ueno; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our findings will improve the outcome of cancer patients by increasing EGFR-TKI efficacy and facilitating the selection of patients who may benefit from EGFR-TKI therapy. ..
- Philip A Cole; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsMark J Ratain; Fiscal Year: 2013..The PAAR Group is part of a larger NIH Pharmacogenetics Research Network, administered through NIGMS. The applicants will also participate in the Investigational Drug Steering Committee and its Task Forces. ..
- TYROSINE KINASE INHIBITORS AS ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENTSBrian Druker; Fiscal Year: 2001..This information would be useful for the design of more potent and specific ABL kinase inhibitors and would be helpful in the design of inhibitors of other tyrosine kinases. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF CANCER IMAGING AGENTSHenry VanBrocklin; Fiscal Year: 2000..Additionally, it will provide inroads into new areas of research in drug discovery and therapeutic intervention. ..
- Regulation of PTHrP in Squamous Cell Carcinoma by the EGF ReceptorGWENDOLEN LORCH; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of the research will then be translated to advance the standard of human and animal cancer care worldwide. ..
- Evaluating Novel Multi-kinase Peptide Inhibitors as a Treatment for Rheumatoid ArDAVID MEN HWEI TSAI; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long term goal of this project is to develop a safe, effective, and cost-efficient therapy to treat RA. ..
- Gadiparthi N Rao; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- GERTRUD M SCHUPBACH; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our work identifies further genes that act in the same pathway as the receptor and these genes will provide new targets for specific cancer drugs as well as allowing us to address side effects of available cancer drugs. ..
- Fu Shin X Yu; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Robert L Ferris; Fiscal Year: 2014..abstract_text> ..
- Polymorphism and mutation spectrum in minorities with non-small cell lung cancerDavid P Carbone; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results should provide tremendous insight into the genomic factors which influence susceptibility, pathogenesis, drug sensitivity, and survival in African-Americans with non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Jia Luo; Fiscal Year: 2016..Understanding the interactions among alcohol, ErbB2 and MUC1 will also provide an important insight into the pathogenesis of some human diseases related to alcohol abuse as well as alcohol's teratogenic effect during development. ..
- Development of mutant selective EGFR kinase inhibitors against EGFR T790MJohn Chant; Fiscal Year: 2010..Gatekeeper Therapeutics is developing drugs which might be very efficacious and might prolong the survival of a subset of lung cancer patients that are identified by the specific genetic mutations in their cancers. ..
- Steven M Dubinett; Fiscal Year: 2016..Each year lung cancer exacts a devastating toll in terms of lives lost and resources expended. It is expected that this VA supported research will ultimately lead to improvement in disease-free survival for veterans with lung cancer. ..
- Role of PUMA in EGFR targeted therapy in HNSCCJian Yu; Fiscal Year: 2012..The results could be useful for developing improved strategies and agents for treatment of HNSCC and possibly other cancers with EGFR overexpression. ..
- Barry M Gumbiner; Fiscal Year: 2014..Findings from these studies should reveal how contact inhibition regulates normal tissue development and how the loss of contact inhibition leads to the formation and progression of tumors. ..
- Role of EGFR in DNA Repair and Radiation Response in Non Small Cell Lung CancerCHAITANYA SURESH NIRODI; Fiscal Year: 2012..The long term goal is to develop a radiotherapeutic strategy that simulates the radiosensitizing effects of TKD-mutated EGFR in NSCLC patients. ..
- Trever G Bivona; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our overall goal is to define the strategies for CD95-NF-kB inhibition most likely to be maximally effective in appropriately selected lung cancer patients. ! ..
- Pasi A Janne; Fiscal Year: 2016..Findings from these studies have therapeutic implications for patients with cancers harboring genomic alterations in RET and catalyze the development of clinical trials for such patients. ..
- Regulation of EGFR Signaling by the Endocytic PathwayBrian P Ceresa; Fiscal Year: 2013..The immediate goal of this research is to better understand the molecular mechanisms that regulate the biological and pathological functions of the EGFR and use that information for treatment of diseases associated with the EGFR. ..
- Daniel J Leahy; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies will establish a molecular basis for understanding of the physiological properties of these key receptors and illuminate new or optimal strategies to target their function in disease states. ..
- KATHERINE RENEE AMATO HASTINGS; Fiscal Year: 2014..Combined, this proposal will enable investigation into the role of EphA2 in innate or acquired resistance to EGFR TKIs and highlight the utility of using EphA2 as a novel target for lung cancers currently refractory to treatment. ..
- Integrating cellular and molecular heterogeneity of TKI response in NSCLC cellsPETER LEE FRICK; Fiscal Year: 2013..This knowledge would help reconcile the promise of targeted therapies with the challenge of tumor heterogeneity, and could have high translational value. ..
- Jessica E Treisman; Fiscal Year: 2016..Taken together, the proposal will reveal new molecular mechanisms in a conserved signaling pathway that is critical for retinal development. ..
- Genetic Analysis of EGFRvIII-independent Glioblastoma MaintenanceTIFFANY ELIZABETH TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Signaling NetworksJoannes B Hoek; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Regulation of Papillomavirus-Induced Immortalization by EGF-Receptor InhibitionCRAIG WOODWORTH; Fiscal Year: 2009..Since drugs that inhibit this receptor have already been approved to treat lung and colorectal cancer, it is reasonable to test whether they also inhibit cervical carcinogenesis. ..
- HDGF: a novel biomarker and therapetic target of lung cancerLi Mao; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will also evaluate our newly developed neutralizing monoclonal anti-HDGF antibodies for their utility as therapeutic agents in lung cancer treatment. ..
- Mizuki Nishino; Fiscal Year: 2015..abstract_text> ..
- Trever G Bivona; Fiscal Year: 2014..More broadly, these studies provide insight into the mechanisms by which tumor cells acquire oncogene dependence and escape from oncogene inhibition. ..
- ErbB Family in Pituitary TumorsOdelia Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will test targeted therapy against this pathway to develop novel therapies in recurrent tumors. ..
- Nuclear EGFR Signaling Network in Human CancerHui Wen Lo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 3 will determine the significance and mechanisms for nuclear EGFR-mediated chemoresistance. This proposal is highly relevant to public health and its outcome will shed light into the nuclear EGFR signaling network in human cancers. ..
- Bruce E Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2016..This will facilitate the development of more effective EGFR inhibitors either alone, or with other tyrosine kinase inhibitors and additional targeted agents. ..
- Advanced Anatomic and Functional Response Assessment in Lung CancerLawrence H Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2011..3. To determine if the use of a continuous scale best overall response better predicts than the categorical response assessment currently used. ..
- Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center SPORE in Lung CancerBruce E Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2012..The goal of the DF/HCC Lung Cancer SPORE is to continue the translation of biological and technological advances into clinically meaningful advances for patients with lung cancer and at risk for lung cancer. ..
- Bakhos A Tannous; Fiscal Year: 2014..In this study, we will explore blood platelets as a source for detection of NSCLC predictive/responsive biomarkers. ..
- Ron Bose; Fiscal Year: 2016..This information will identify new patients who are likely to benefit from Her2 targeted drugs and will provide the key scientific findings to support a future breast cancer clinical trial. ..
- KATE SUZANNE CARROLL; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Matthew L Meyerson; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Christine M Lovly; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- IGF::OT::IGF SBIR TOPIC 255 cGMP Manufacture of FRANK R JONES; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our goal is to complete the Aims of this contract and submit an IND to the FDA to initiate a phase l/lla clinical trial to treat HER2/neu+ breast cancer. ..
- Notch and stem cells in lung cancer treated with erlotinib plus notch inhibitor.DON LYNN GIBBONS; Fiscal Year: 2012..While erlotinib is less effective vs EGFR wild type tumors, therapeutic benefit is nevertheless seen. ..
- PROTEIN PROTEIN INTERACTIONS AS BIOMARKERSEric B Haura; Fiscal Year: 2012..In Aim 4, we will determine if EGFR protein-protein interactions are associated with responses to EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors in human lung cancer samples. ..
- Konstantin V Sokolov; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Maria Diakonova; Fiscal Year: 2014..Understanding how these proteins work together will help to design new therapeutic approaches and possibly drugs for treatment of different human diseases and breast cancer. ..
- Clifford A Lowell; Fiscal Year: 2016..This will lead to better design of therapeutcs to target immune diseases, as well as leukemia and lymphoma. ..
- Agrin/alpha 3 Na,K-ATPase signaling at the neuromuscular junctionMartin A Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..This novel signal pathway represents a new therapeutic target for the treatment of neuromuscular disease. ..
- Michael Demetriou; Fiscal Year: 2014..Here we further explore the mechanisms by which protein glycosylation regulates immune function and autoimmunity. ..
- Moosa Mohammadi; Fiscal Year: 2016..Since substrate recruitment and phosphorylation by RTKs is a general event in RTK signaling, the mechanistic insights gained under Aim IV will also be directly applicable to the entire RTK superfamily. ..
- Redox regulation of phagocyte NOX2 in inflammation and agingRobert A Clark; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- GI PEPTIDE SIGNALING THROUGH TYROSINE PHOSPHORYLATIONJUAN ENRIQUE ROZENGURT; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ANGIOTENSIN II SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONBradford C Berk; Fiscal Year: 2012..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The healing of tissues after surgery or trauma is critical for long-term survival. The proposed work will study novel mechanisms by which blood vessels grow in response to tissue injury. ..
- Mario Strazzabosco; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Mitchell Kronenberg; Fiscal Year: 2014..This proposal will study the mechanisms by which the immune responses are properly controlled. Such knowledge will eventually facilitate the design of novel therapeutic approaches for immunological diseases. ..
- Genetic Analysis of FAK ActivityDavid D Schlaepfer; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies will fill key gaps in our understanding of the basic signaling events regulating cell movement and underlying processes such as tumor spread. ..
- Subhash C Pandey; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Christie P Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Hesham M Amin; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our long-term goal is to understand IGF-IR-dependent signaling in this aggressive lymphoma in order to devise novel therapeutic strategies. Tactics that antagonize IGF-IR could potentially provide a cure for NPM-ALK+ ALCL patients. ..
- Dianne Cox; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- PROGESTIN AND GROWTH FACTOR CROSS-TALK IN BREAST CANCERCAROL ANN LANGE; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work will aid our understanding of steroid hormone action, and help to identify and implicate new therapeutic targets for breast cancer prevention and treatment. ..
- C-FES PROTEIN-TYROSINE KINASE IN MYELOID DIFFERENTIATIONRobert Glazer; Fiscal Year: 1993..Cognizance of this regulatory process should aid in the design of differentiation- specific therapies for myeloid leukemias...
- Therapeutic Evaluation of Magnetic Nanoprobes Specific for Malignant Tumor MarkerRheal A Towner; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studying a potentially effective anti- tumor therapeutic agent, as well as developing novel in vivo diagnostic and predictive procedures may significantly impact patient prognosis and survivability in the future. ..
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR ASSAYING CANCER-DRUG RESISTANCEMark Lim; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also maintain a close contact during Phase II with two leading diagnostic companies, LabCorp and Genzyme Genetics, who have expressed an interest in the ultimate commercialization of the DRAMA-ACD approach. ..
- DYSFUNCTIONAL FGFR SIGNALING IN CRANIOSYNOSTOSISRobert Friesel; Fiscal Year: 2002..Together, these studies should begin to elucidate the role of mutant FGFRs in the pathogenesis of craniosynostotic conditions, as well as the role of FGFRs in normal bone growth and development. ..
- Genome instability in leukemia stem cellTomasz Skorski; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will break ground toward new directions in studying LSCs in CML and other leukemias, and in testing of novel therapeutic strategies. ..