Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIE1
Description: tyrosine kinase with immunoglobulin like and EGF like domains 1
Alias: JTK14, TIE, tyrosine-protein kinase receptor Tie-1, tyrosine kinase with immunoglobulin and epidermal growth factor homology domains 1
Publications144 found, 100 shown here
- Oppliger J, Torriani G, Herrador A, Kunz S. Lassa Virus Cell Entry via Dystroglycan Involves an Unusual Pathway of Macropinocytosis. J Virol. 2016;90:6412-6429 pubmed publisher..In sum, our study reveals novel fundamental aspects of the LASV-host cell interaction and highlights a possible candidate drug target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Xie D, Yu C, Gao C, Osaiweran H, Hu J, Gong J. An Optimal Approach for Laparoscopic D3 Lymphadenectomy Plus Complete Mesocolic Excision (D3+CME) for Right-Sided Colon Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2017;24:1312-1313 pubmed publisher..dissection of the entire mesocolon along the embryologic planes as far centrally as possible and enables the high tie of feeding vessels at bifurcation...
- Stone O, Carter J, Lin P, Paleolog E, Machado M, Bates D. Differential regulation of blood flow-induced neovascularization and mural cell recruitment by vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietin signalling. J Physiol. 2017;595:1575-1591 pubmed publisher..This NO-Tie-mediated arteriolargenesis requires endogenous vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) signalling...
- Zhu X, Yang J, Gao Y, Wu C, Yi L, Li G, et al. The dual effects of a novel peptibody on angiogenesis inhibition and M2 macrophage polarization on sarcoma. Cancer Lett. 2018;416:1-10 pubmed publisherInhibition of the VEGF/VEGF receptor (VEGFR) and angiopoietin-2 (Ang-2)/TEK receptor tyrosine kinase (Tie-2) pathway is a potential target for tumor angiogenesis...
- Chaves Neto A, Pelizzaro Rocha K, Fernandes M, Ferreira Halder C. Antitumor activity of irradiated riboflavin on human renal carcinoma cell line 786-O. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:595-604 pubmed publisher..Together, these results show the potential of IR for treating cancer. ..
- Deng Z, Huang H, Wu X, Wu M, He G, Guo J. Distinct Expression of Various Angiogenesis Factors in Mice Brain After Whole-Brain Irradiation by X-ray. Neurochem Res. 2017;42:625-633 pubmed publisher..levels of other angiogenesis factors, angiopoietin-1 (Ang-1), endothelial-specific receptor tyrosine kinase (Tie-2), and angiopoietin-2 (Ang-2) in brain were determined by Western Blot...
- Noh K, Park S, Yang C, Lee G, Kim M, Kang Y. Involvement of synovial matrix degradation and angiogenesis in oxidative stress-exposed degenerative rotator cuff tears with osteoarthritis. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2018;27:141-150 pubmed publisher..Angiogenesis-related angiopoietin (Ang) 1 and 2, Tie-2, and hypoxia-inducible factor 1? were upregulated in reactive oxygen species-exposed RCTP synovium (P?<?.05)...
- Leduc N, Ahomadégbé C, Agossou M, Aline Fardin A, Mahjoubi L, Dufrenot Petitjean Roget L, et al. Incidence of Lung Adenocarcinoma Biomarker in a Caribbean and African Caribbean Population. J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:769-773 pubmed publisher..These findings may be ascribed to low tobacco consumption as well as to genetic factors. Systematic screening in patients of African Caribbean origin should be prescribed. ..
- Dong S, Qu X, Li W, Zhong X, Li P, Yang S, et al. The long non-coding RNA, GAS5, enhances gefitinib-induced cell death in innate EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor-resistant lung adenocarcinoma cells with wide-type EGFR via downregulation of the IGF-1R expression. J Hematol Oncol. 2015;8:43 pubmed publisher
- Azevedo M, Silva I. Identification of differentially expressed genes in pathways of cerebral neurotransmission of anovulatory mice. Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..There was also a change in the lipid content in anovulatory brain, obesity, and insulin resistant mice (Ob-/Ob-) compared with controls. The re-introduction of leptin in these animals appears to reverse, at least in part, this profile. ..
- Oh T, Park K, Jung H, Park Y. Neuroprotective effect of the hairy root extract of Angelica gigas NAKAI on transient focal cerebral ischemia in rats through the regulation of angiogenesis. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:101 pubmed publisher..AG extract also significantly increased the expression of Ang-1, Tie-2, VEGF, ZO-1 and Occludin through activation of the PI3K/Akt pathway...
- Woodcock C, Huang Y, Woodcock S, Salvatore S, Singh B, Golin Bisello F, et al. Nitro-fatty acid inhibition of triple-negative breast cancer cell viability, migration, invasion, and tumor growth. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:1120-1137 pubmed publisher..These observations reveal that electrophilic fatty acid nitroalkenes react with more alkylation-sensitive targets in TNBC cells to inhibit growth and viability. ..
- Salvati G, Morais JÃºnior N, Melo A, Vilela R, Cardoso F, Aronovich M, et al. Response of lactating cows to live yeast supplementation during summer. J Dairy Sci. 2015;98:4062-73 pubmed publisher..Cows were individually fed in tie stalls and temperature-humidity index was above 68 during 75.6% of the experiment...
- Pietanza M, Hellmann M, Fiore J, Smith Marrone S, Basch E, Schwartz L, et al. Phase II Study of a Non-Platinum-Containing Doublet of Paclitaxel and Pemetrexed with Bevacizumab as Initial Therapy for Patients with Advanced Lung Adenocarcinomas. J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:890-9 pubmed publisher..These results justify use of the PPB regimen in fit patients in whom three-drug regimens including bevacizumab are appropriate. ..
- Krug A, AllenhÃ¶fer L, Monticone R, Spinetti G, Gekle M, Wang M, et al. Elevated mineralocorticoid receptor activity in aged rat vascular smooth muscle cells promotes a proinflammatory phenotype via extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 mitogen-activated protein kinase and epidermal growth factor receptor-dependent p. Hypertension. 2010;55:1476-83 pubmed publisher
- Marone G, Varricchi G, Loffredo S, Granata F. Mast cells and basophils in inflammatory and tumor angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;778:146-51 pubmed publisher..express the VEGF receptor 1 (VEGFR-1) and 2 (VEGFR-2), the co-receptors neuropilin-1 (NRP1) and -2 (NRP2) and the Tie1 and Tie2 receptors...
- Tabernero J, Lenz H, Siena S, Sobrero A, Falcone A, Ychou M, et al. Analysis of circulating DNA and protein biomarkers to predict the clinical activity of regorafenib and assess prognosis in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: a retrospective, exploratory analysis of the CORRECT trial. Lancet Oncol. 2015;16:937-48 pubmed publisher..of 15 proteins of interest-angiopoietin 2, interleukin 6, interleukin 8, placental growth factor, soluble TIE-1, soluble VEGFR1, VEGF-A, VEGF-C, VEGF-D, VEGF-A isoform 121, bone morphogenetic protein 7, macrophage colony-..
- Hakanpaa L, Kiss E, Jacquemet G, Miinalainen I, Lerche M, Guzman C, et al. Targeting ?1-integrin inhibits vascular leakage in endotoxemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:E6467-E6476 pubmed publisher..cardiac failure, without affecting endothelial inflammation, serum proinflammatory cytokine levels, or TIE receptor signaling...
- Li C, Culver S, Quadri S, Ledford K, Al Share Q, Ghadieh H, et al. High-fat diet amplifies renal renin angiotensin system expression, blood pressure elevation, and renal dysfunction caused by Ceacam1 null deletion. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2015;309:E802-10 pubmed publisher..Together, this demonstrates that high-fat diet amplifies the permissive effect of Ceacam1 deletion on renal expression of all RAS components, PI3K phosphorylation, inflammation, and fibrosis. ..
- Elshal M, Abu Elsaad N, El Karef A, Ibrahim T. The multi-kinase inhibitor pazopanib targets hepatic stellate cell activation and apoptosis alleviating progression of liver fibrosis. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2015;388:1293-304 pubmed publisher..05). Pazopanib at a certain dose level can halt liver fibrosis progression through modulating inflammatory cytokines, suppressing stellate cell activity, inducing apoptosis, and potentially regulating angiogenesis. ..
- Ali S, Nassif W, Abdelaziz D. Alterations in serum levels of fetuin A and selenoprotein P in chronic hepatitis C patients with concomitant typeÂ 2 diabetes: A case-control study. Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol. 2016;40:465-70 pubmed publisher..However, further studies on large scale should be conducted to confirm our findings. ..
- Gozal D, Khalyfa A, Qiao Z, Smith D, Philby M, Koren D, et al. Angiopoietin-2 and soluble Tie-2 receptor plasma levels in children with obstructive sleep apnea and obesity. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2017;25:1083-1090 pubmed publisher..01). Ang-2 and sTie-2 plasma levels are increased in pediatric OSA and obesity, particularly when endothelial dysfunction or insulin resistance is detectable, and appear to decrease upon OSA treatment. ..
- Kirane A, Ludwig K, Sorrelle N, Haaland G, Sandal T, Ranaweera R, et al. Warfarin Blocks Gas6-Mediated Axl Activation Required for Pancreatic Cancer Epithelial Plasticity and Metastasis. Cancer Res. 2015;75:3699-705 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Gas6-induced Axl signaling is a critical driver of pancreatic cancer progression and its inhibition with low-dose warfarin or other Axl-targeting agents may improve outcome in patients with Axl-expressing tumors. ..
- Bollu L, Katreddy R, Blessing A, Pham N, Zheng B, Wu X, et al. Intracellular activation of EGFR by fatty acid synthase dependent palmitoylation. Oncotarget. 2015;6:34992-5003 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that EGFR can be activated intracellularly by FASN-dependent palmitoylation. This mechanism may serve as a new target for improving EGFR-based cancer therapy. ..
- Matalkah F, Martin E, Zhao H, Agazie Y. SHP2 acts both upstream and downstream of multiple receptor tyrosine kinases to promote basal-like and triple-negative breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2016;18:2 pubmed publisher..SHP2 upregulates the expression and signaling of multiple RTKs to promote BTBC. These findings provide a mechanistic explanation for the superiority of SHP2 inhibition in BTBC. ..
- Sacconi B, Raad R, Lee J, Fine H, Kondziolka D, Golfinos J, et al. Concurrent functional and metabolic assessment of brain tumors using hybrid PET/MR imaging. J Neurooncol. 2016;127:287-93 pubmed publisher..PET/MR system in tumor grading as well as in differentiating recurrent tumor from treatment-induced effects (TIE) in brain tumor patients...
- Arbiser J, Gilbert L. Double Jeopardy: The Rubber Ball Bounces Twice. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:15-17 pubmed publisherSoblet et al. describe cis mutations in TEK/Tie-2 in blue rubber bleb nevus and sporadic vascular malformations. This suggests that the remaining normal allele is required for the phenotype...
- Xiong S, Ma J, Feng F, Fu W, Shu S, Ma T, et al. Functional FGFR4 Gly388Arg polymorphism contributes to cancer susceptibility: Evidence from meta-analysis. Oncotarget. 2017;8:25300-25309 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis demonstrates the FGFR rs351855 G>A polymorphism is associated with increased cancer risk and suggests it could potentially serve as a chemotherapeutic target or biomarker to screen high-risk individuals. ..
- Culbreth M, Zhang Z, Aschner M. Methylmercury augments Nrf2 activity by downregulation of the Src family kinase Fyn. Neurotoxicology. 2017;62:200-206 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate MeHg downregulates Fyn to maintain Nrf2 activity, and further illuminate a potential mechanism by which MeHg elicits neurotoxicity. ..
- Wu P, Zhang S, Spinner R, Lizardi M, Gu Y, Yu C, et al. A novel triple immunoenzyme staining enables simultaneous identification of all muscle fiber types on a single skeletal muscle cryosection from normal, denervated or reinnervated rats. Neural Regen Res. 2017;12:1357-1364 pubmed publisher..Triple immunoenzyme staining (TIE) is likely to avoid these disadvantages...
- Patel J. Role of epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors in the treatment of bronchoalveolar carcinoma. Clin Lung Cancer. 2004;6 Suppl 1:S43-7 pubmed..Furthermore, recent insights into mechanisms of drug sensitivity should impact future clinical trial design...
- Yen S, Chen S, Hsieh J, Li Y, Chuang S, Chuang H, et al. Biodegradable interstitial release polymer loading a novel small molecule targeting Axl receptor tyrosine kinase and reducing brain tumour migration and invasion. Oncogene. 2016;35:2156-65 pubmed publisher..These results contribute to the development of a BP wafer for a novel therapeutic strategy for treating GBM invasion and increasing survival in clinical subjects. ..
- Kim J, Lee J, Kim C, Choi J, Kim A. Anti-cancer effect of metformin by suppressing signaling pathway of HER2 and HER3 in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:5811-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that metformin might overcome tamoxifen resistance through the inhibition of expression and signaling of receptor tyrosine kinase HER2 and HER3. ..
- Holmgaard R, Zamarin D, Lesokhin A, Merghoub T, Wolchok J. Targeting myeloid-derived suppressor cells with colony stimulating factor-1 receptor blockade can reverse immune resistance to immunotherapy in indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-expressing tumors. EBioMedicine. 2016;6:50-58 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence for a critical and functional role for MDSCs on the in vivo outcome of IDO-expressing tumors. ..
- Cabral B, da Silva A, de Ávila R, Cortez A, Luzin R, Lião L, et al. A novel chalcone derivative, LQFM064, induces breast cancer cells death via p53, p21, KIT and PDGFRA. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2017;107:1-15 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, LQFM064 (4) was capable of inducing breast cancer cells death via different cytotoxic pathways. Thus, it is a promising alternative for the treatment of neoplasias, especially in terms of the drug resistance development. ..
- Deneka A, Korobeynikov V, Golemis E. Embryonal Fyn-associated substrate (EFS) and CASS4: The lesser-known CAS protein family members. Gene. 2015;570:25-35 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the current understanding of EFS and CASS4 protein function in the context of the larger CAS family group. ..
- Lonskaya I, Hebron M, Selby S, Turner R, Moussa C. Nilotinib and bosutinib modulate pre-plaque alterations of blood immune markers and neuro-inflammation in Alzheimer's disease models. Neuroscience. 2015;304:316-27 pubmed publisher..Taken together these data suggest that TKIs regulate systemic and CNS immunity and may be useful treatments in early AD through dual effects on amyloid clearance and immune modulation. ..
- Erdman L, D Acremont V, Hayford K, Rajwans N, Kilowoko M, Kyungu E, et al. Biomarkers of Host Response Predict Primary End-Point Radiological Pneumonia in Tanzanian Children with Clinical Pneumonia: A Prospective Cohort Study. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0137592 pubmed publisher..while those with other infiltrates had elevated procalcitonin and von Willebrand Factor and decreased soluble Tie-2 and endoglin. Clinical variables were not predictive of radiological findings...
- Wang H, Hong J, Yang C. Î´-Tocopherol inhibits receptor tyrosine kinase-induced AKT activation in prostate cancer cells. Mol Carcinog. 2016;55:1728-1738 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results revealed a novel mechanism of Î´-T in inhibiting prostate cancer cell growth, supporting the cancer preventive activity Î´-T. Â© 2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Xu J, Chu T, Jin B, Dong X, Lou Y, Zhang X, et al. Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors in Advanced Squamous Cell Lung Cancer. Clin Lung Cancer. 2016;17:309-14 pubmed publisher..94 months (95% CI, 0.89-2.99 months), respectively (PÂ = .004). EGFR TKIs could be an option for the treatment of SCC, and EGFR mutation detection can help to select a subgroup of patients who would have the best response to TKIs. ..
- Ke E, Zhou Q, Zhang Q, Su J, Chen Z, Zhang X, et al. A Higher Proportion of the EGFR T790M Mutation May Contribute to the Better Survival of Patients with Exon 19 Deletions Compared with Those with L858R. J Thorac Oncol. 2017;12:1368-1375 pubmed publisher..Significant OS benefit was observed in patients with T790M mutation, suggesting that a larger proportion of T790M mutation might contribute to the better survival of patients with Del19. ..
- Lemstrová R, Brynychová V, Hughes D, Hlaváč V, Dvorak P, Doherty J, et al. Dysregulation of KRAS signaling in pancreatic cancer is not associated with KRAS mutations and outcome. Oncol Lett. 2017;14:5980-5988 pubmed publisher..This may partly explain the failure of KRAS-targeted therapies in PDAC...
- Dopheide J, Geissler P, Rubrech J, Trumpp A, Zeller G, Bock K, et al. Inflammation is associated with a reduced number of pro-angiogenic Tie-2 monocytes and endothelial progenitor cells in patients with critical limb ischemia. Angiogenesis. 2016;19:67-78 pubmed..One central strategy in the treatment for PAD is the promotion of angiogenesis. Here, pro-angiogenic Tie-2-expressing monocytes (TEM) and endothelial progenitor cells (EPC) play a crucial role...
- Chougule R, Cordero E, Moharram S, Pietras K, RÃ¶nnstrand L, Kazi J. Expression of GADS enhances FLT3-induced mitogenic signaling. Oncotarget. 2016;7:14112-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggests that GADS is an important downstream component of FLT3 signaling and expression of GADS potentiates FLT3-mediated mitogenic signaling. ..
- Bleymüller W, Lämmermann N, Ebbes M, Maynard D, Geerds C, Niemann H. MET-activating Residues in the B-repeat of the Listeria monocytogenes Invasion Protein InlB. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:25567-25577 pubmed..We conclude that there is limited support for a co-receptor hypothesis and instead suggest that the B-repeat contributes to MET activation through low affinity homodimerization. ..
- Ebbing E, Steins A, Fessler E, Stathi P, Lesterhuis W, Krishnadath K, et al. Esophageal Adenocarcinoma Cells and Xenograft Tumors Exposed to Erb-b2 Receptor Tyrosine Kinase 2 and 3 Inhibitors Activate Transforming Growth Factor Beta Signaling, Which Induces Epithelial to Mesenchymal Transition. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:63-76.e14 pubmed publisher..EAC cells become resistant to trastuzumab and pertuzumab by activating TGFÎ² signaling, which induces EMT. Agents that block TGFÎ² signaling can increase the anti-tumor efficacies of trastuzumab and pertuzumab. ..
- Chen J, Sathiyamoorthy K, Zhang X, Schaller S, Perez White B, Jardetzky T, et al. Ephrin receptor A2 is a functional entry receptor for Epstein-Barr virus. Nat Microbiol. 2018;3:172-180 pubmed publisher..The discovery of EphA2 as an EBV epithelial cell receptor has important implications for EBV pathogenesis and may uncover new potential targets that can be used for the development of novel intervention strategies. ..
- Pandey M, Ramasamy M, Shukla M. Unusual progression of renal cell carcinoma with carcinomatosis peritoneii and Krukenberg tumour and alopecia with sunitinib therapy in young female. World J Surg Oncol. 2018;16:23 pubmed publisher..Use of adjuvant TKI's after resection of primary tumour in nonmetastatic setting may reduce metastatic rates and increase progression-free survival. ..
- Wang H, Jin H, Rapraeger A. Syndecan-1 and Syndecan-4 Capture Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Family Members and the Î±3Î²1 Integrin Via Binding Sites in Their Ectodomains: NOVEL SYNSTATINS PREVENT KINASE CAPTURE AND INHIBIT Î±6Î²4-INTEGRIN-DEPENDENT EPITHELIAL CELL MOTILITY. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:26103-13 pubmed publisher..These novel SSTN peptides are potential therapeutics for carcinomas that depend on these HER2- and EGFR-coupled mechanisms for their invasion and survival. ..
- Boregowda R, Medina D, Markert E, Bryan M, Chen W, Chen S, et al. The transcription factor RUNX2 regulates receptor tyrosine kinase expression in melanoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:29689-707 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results strongly suggest that RUNX2 might be a key player in RTK-based autocrine loops and a mediator of resistance to BRAF V600E inhibitors involving RTK up regulation in melanoma. ..
- Singh D, Pasquale E, Hristova K. A small peptide promotes EphA2 kinase-dependent signaling by stabilizing EphA2 dimers. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1860:1922-8 pubmed publisher..This work is a proof-of-principle demonstration that EphA2 homointeractions in the plasma membrane can be pharmacologically modulated to decrease the pro-tumorigenic signaling of the receptor. ..
- Park C, Park J, Kim H, Rha S, Hyung W, Cheong J, et al. Receptor tyrosine kinase amplified gastric cancer: Clinicopathologic characteristics and proposed screening algorithm. Oncotarget. 2016;7:72099-72112 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, RA-GCs show unique clinicopathologic features. The proposed algorithm based on histologic-molecular classification can be applied to select candidates for genetic examination and targeted therapy. ..
- Kim Y, Lee S, Lee J, Lee S, Sun J, Park K, et al. Clinical trial of nintedanib in patients with recurrent or metastatic salivary gland cancer of the head and neck: A multicenter phase 2 study (Korean Cancer Study Group HN14-01). Cancer. 2017;123:1958-1964 pubmed publisher..Because of the high rate and long duration of disease control with a good safety profile, further investigation is warranted. Cancer 2017;123:1958-1964. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Feng B, Chen S, Gordon A, Chakrabarti S. miR-146a mediates inflammatory changes and fibrosis in the heart in diabetes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2017;105:70-76 pubmed publisher..miR-146a on the inflammatory mediators, an endothelial specific miR-146a overexpressing transgenic mice (TG) using tie-2 promoter, was generated...
- Bin Nun A, Kasirer Y, Mimouni F. A Dramatic Increase in Tongue Tie-Related Articles: A 67 Years Systematic Review. Breastfeed Med. 2017;12:410-414 pubmed publisherTongue tie or ankyloglossia articles are recorded in the Medline since 1949. To study trends in yearly number of tongue tie or ankyloglossia publications...
- Chojnacka K, Mruk D. The Src non-receptor tyrosine kinase paradigm: New insights into mammalian Sertoli cell biology. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015;415:133-42 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss recent findings on c-Src, with an emphasis on its role in spermatogenesis in the mammalian testis. ..
- Wang D, Jin S, Zou X. Crosstalk between pathways enhances the controllability of signalling networks. IET Syst Biol. 2016;10:2-9 pubmed publisher..of several signalling networks, which consisted of many interconnected pathways, including networks with a bow-tie architecture...
- Kir D, Saluja M, Modi S, Venkatachalam A, Schnettler E, Roy S, et al. Cell-permeable iron inhibits vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 signaling and tumor angiogenesis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:65348-65363 pubmed publisher..Finally, systemic administration of FAC inhibits VEGF and tumor cell-induced angiogenesis in vivo. In conclusion, our studies show that cell-permeable iron attenuates VEGFR-2 mediated signaling and inhibits tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Kikuta K, Kubota D, Yoshida A, Qiao Z, Morioka H, Nakamura M, et al. Discoidin, CUB and LCCL domain-containing protein 2 (DCBLD2) is a novel biomarker of myxofibrosarcoma invasion identified by global protein expression profiling. Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2017;1865:1160-1166 pubmed publisher..Further validation studies based on multi-institutional collaboration and comprehensive analysis of DCBLD2 biological functions in MFS are required to confirm its prognostic utility for clinical application. ..
- Daniel V, Süsal C, Scherer S, Tran H, Gombos P, Trojan K, et al. Endothelial precursor cell cross-match using Tie-2-enriched spleen cells. Clin Transplant. 2017;31: pubmed publisher..In the present study, we describe cross-matches using EPC enriched from fresh or frozen-thawed spleen cell preparations, thereby widening the sample source for deceased-donor cross-matching and retrospective studies...
- Tominaga M, Okamoto M, Kawayama T, Matsuoka M, Kaieda S, Sakazaki Y, et al. Overexpression of IL-38 protein in anticancer drug-induced lung injury and acute exacerbation of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Respir Investig. 2017;55:293-299 pubmed publisher..IL-38 may play an important role in acute and/or chronic inflammation in anticancer drug-induced lung injury and acute exacerbation of IPF. ..
- Wang L, Wang D, Xing B, Tan Y, Huang J, Liu B, et al. G-Protein G?13 Functions with Abl Kinase to Regulate Actin Cytoskeletal Reorganization. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:3836-3849 pubmed publisher..Our data uncover a new molecular signaling pathway by which G?13 controls actin cytoskeletal reorganization. ..
- Kim D, Yeom J, Lee B, Lee K, Bae J, Rhee S. Inhibition of discoidin domain receptor 2-mediated lung cancer cells progression by gold nanoparticle-aptamer-assisted delivery of peptides containing transmembrane-juxtamembrane 1/2 domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;464:392-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results suggest that peptide loaded onto AuNP-Apt conjugates can be used for the development of peptide-based biomedical applications for the treatment of DDR2-positive cancer. ..
- Patel S, Stenehjem D, Gill D, Tantravahi S, Agarwal A, Hsu J, et al. Everolimus Versus Temsirolimus in Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma After Progression With Previous Systemic Therapies. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2016;14:153-9 pubmed publisher..2 months vs. 12.1 months; hazard ratio, 0.58; P = .047). Our results bolster existing guidelines supporting everolimus over temsirolimus as salvage therapy after previous systemic therapies. ..
- Cai Y, Tan W, Shen X, Zhu Y, Gao Y, Sui A, et al. Neutralization of IL-23 depresses experimental ocular neovascularization. Exp Eye Res. 2016;146:242-51 pubmed publisher..In addition, our inÂ vitro assay showed that IL-23 alone is able to increase the ability of endothelial cells to form tubes. Our findings suggest that targeting IL-23 could be a potential therapy for RNV and CNV diseases. ..
- Ewe A, HÃ¶bel S, Heine C, Merz L, Kallendrusch S, Bechmann I, et al. Optimized polyethylenimine (PEI)-based nanoparticles for siRNA delivery, analyzed in vitro and in an ex vivo tumor tissue slice culture model. Drug Deliv Transl Res. 2017;7:206-216 pubmed publisher..e., the oncogenic survival factor survivin and the oncogenic receptor tyrosine kinase HER2, reveals nanoparticle penetration and biological efficacy also under intact tissue and stroma conditions. ..
- Watson A, Hopkins G, Hitchin S, Begum H, Jones S, Jordan A, et al. Identification of selective inhibitors of RET and comparison with current clinical candidates through development and validation of a robust screening cascade. F1000Res. 2016;5:1005 pubmed publisher..Furthermore we have profiled a panel of RET-active clinical compounds both to validate the cascade and to confirm that none display a RET-selective target profile. ..
- Höglund O, Maxon O, Grönberg A. A self-locking loop as an alternative to purse-string suture in colon anastomosis: a feasibility study. BMC Res Notes. 2017;10:89 pubmed publisher..A new device, a flexible band with a locking mechanism was constructed, the I-Tie®...
- Pilarczyk G, Nesnidal I, Gunkel M, Bach M, Bestvater F, Hausmann M. Localisation Microscopy of Breast Epithelial ErbB-2 Receptors and Gap Junctions: Trafficking after ?-Irradiation, Neuregulin-1?, and Trastuzumab Application. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..In addition, we interpret the phenomenon of retrograde co-trafficking of gap junction connexons stimulated by ErbB receptor activation. ..
- Zhao Y, Ting K, Li J, Cogger V, Chen J, Johansson Percival A, et al. Targeting Vascular Endothelial-Cadherin in Tumor-Associated Blood Vessels Promotes T-cell-Mediated Immunotherapy. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4434-4447 pubmed publisher..Administration of CD5-2 in tumor-bearing mice enhanced expression of VE-cadherin in tumor endothelium, activating TIE-2 and tight junction pathways and normalizing vessel structure and function...
- Xu L, Chen Y, Dutra Clarke M, Mayakonda A, Hazawa M, Savinoff S, et al. BCL6 promotes glioma and serves as a therapeutic target. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:3981-3986 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings uncover a glioma-promoting role of BCL6 and provide the rationale of targeting BCL6 as a potential therapeutic approach. ..
- Hossein G, Arabzadeh S, Salehi Dulabi Z, Dehghani Ghobadi Z, Heidarian Y, Talebi Juybari M. Wnt5A regulates the expression of ROR2 tyrosine kinase receptor in ovarian cancer cells. Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;95:609-615 pubmed publisher..05; r = 0.38). This is the first report to show the regulatory role of Wnt5A on ROR2 expression in ovarian cancer. ..
- Dong L, Lei D, Zhang H. Clinical strategies for acquired epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor resistance in non-small-cell lung cancer patients. Oncotarget. 2017;8:64600-64606 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on improved anticancer agents and therapy options for NSCLC patients with acquired EGFR TKI resistance...
- Du Y, Liu J, Tang J, Ge J, Chen Y, Cheng K, et al. Acquired tumor cell resistance to sunitinib by increased invasion and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in LL/2 murine lung cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:68270-68279 pubmed publisher..This study aims to investigate biological behavior changes in a murine lung cancer cell characterized by acquired resistance to sunitinib, a potent inhibitor of multiple-targeted receptor tyrosine kinase...
- Tanaka M, Yoshimoto T, Nakamura T. A double-edged sword: The world according to Capicua in cancer. Cancer Sci. 2017;: pubmed publisher..These data reveal the importance of CIC as a key molecule in signal transduction, carcinogenesis, and developing novel therapies...
- Zeng L, Kang R, Zhu S, Wang X, Cao L, Wang H, et al. ALK is a therapeutic target for lethal sepsis. Sci Transl Med. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..These findings uncover a key role for ALK in modulating the inflammatory signaling pathway and shed light on the development of ALK-targeting therapeutics for lethal systemic inflammatory disorders. ..
- Lin W, Li A, Chi C, Chung W, Huang C, Lui W, et al. tie-1 protein tyrosine kinase: a novel independent prognostic marker for gastric cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 1999;5:1745-51 pubmed..We have identified 17 PTKs from a gastric adenocarcinoma. Two receptor PTKs, tie-1 and axl, were selected for in situ immunohistochemistry studies because of their higher expression level and ..
- Schille C, Bayerlová M, Bleckmann A, Schambony A. Ror2 signaling is required for local upregulation of GDF6 and activation of BMP signaling at the neural plate border. Development. 2016;143:3182-94 pubmed publisher..Thereby, Ror2 links Wnt/planar cell polarity signaling to BMP signaling in neural plate border specification and neural crest induction. ..
- Kumar B, Chandran B. KSHV Entry and Trafficking in Target Cells-Hijacking of Cell Signal Pathways, Actin and Membrane Dynamics. Viruses. 2016;8: pubmed
- Yang P, Chen N, Yang D, Crane J, Huang B, Dong R, et al. Cervical cancer cell-derived angiopoietins promote tumor progression. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317711658 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that angiopoietins and Tie receptors were highly expressed in cervical cancer cells...
- Song S, Kim K, Lee K, Suh W. Tie1 regulates the Tie2 agonistic role of angiopoietin-2 in human lymphatic endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;419:281-6 pubmed publisher..This Tie2-agonistic effect of Ang2 in HLECs resulted from low levels of physical association between Tie2 and Tie1 receptors due to a reduced level of Tie1 expression in HLECs compared to HUVECs...
- Ali A, Gale R, Shakoori A. Detection of FLT3/TKD and IDH1 Mutations in Pakistani Acute Myeloid Leukemia Patients by Denaturing HPLC. J Cell Biochem. 2017;118:1174-1181 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the overall incidence of all these mutations in Pakistani patients was within the globally reported ranges. J. Cell. Biochem. 118: 1174-1181, 2017. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Mehler W, Keough M, Pettigrove V. Development of whole-sediment toxicity identification and evaluation (TIE) techniques for two Australian freshwater species: Chironomus tepperi and Austrochiltonia subtenuis. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2017;36:2476-2484 pubmed publisher..Environ Toxicol Chem 2017;36:2476-2484. © 2017 SETAC...