Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SR-BI
Description: scavenger receptor class B member 1
Alias: CD36L1, CLA-1, CLA1, HDLQTL6, SR-BI, SRB1, scavenger receptor class B member 1, CD36 and LIMPII analogous 1, CD36 antigen (collagen type I receptor, thrombospondin receptor)-like 1, scavenger receptor class B type III
Publications202 found, 100 shown here
- Hypocholesterolemic effect of Nostoc commune var. sphaeroides Kützing, an edible blue-green algaHeather E Rasmussen
Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68583 0806, USA
Eur J Nutr 48:387-94. 2009..Intake of an edible blue-green alga Nostoc commune var. sphaeroides Kützing (N. Commune) has been shown to lower plasma total cholesterol concentration, but the mechanisms behind the hypocholesterolemic effect have not been elucidated...
- Development and characterization of hepatitis C virus genotype 1-7 cell culture systems: role of CD81 and scavenger receptor class B type I and effect of antiviral drugsJudith M Gottwein
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Research Centre, Copenhagen University Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Hepatology 49:364-77. 2009..Finally, neutralizing antibodies in selected chronic phase HCV sera had differential effects against genotype 1-7 viruses...
- Hepatoma cell density promotes claudin-1 and scavenger receptor BI expression and hepatitis C virus internalizationAnne K Schwarz
Hepatitis C Research Group, Institute for Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Virol 83:12407-14. 2009..CLDN1 overexpression in subconfluent cells was unable to recapitulate this effect, whereas increased SR-BI expression enhanced HCVpp entry and HCVcc internalization, demonstrating a rate-limiting role for SR-BI in HCV internalization...
- SR-BI, CD36, and caveolin-1 contribute positively to cholesterol efflux in hepatic cellsTo Quyen Truong
Departement des Sciences Biologiques, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Biochem Funct 28:480-9. 2010..Overall, our results show that SR-BI is clearly involved in cholesterol efflux in mouse and human hepatic cells, while CD36 plays a significant role in human cells...
- Identification of protein arginine methyltransferase 2 as a coactivator for estrogen receptor alphaChao Qi
Department of Pathology, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 277:28624-30. 2002..In this respect PRMT2 differs from coactivators PRMT1 and CARM1 (coactivator-associated arginine methyltransferase). These results suggest that PRMT2 is a novel ERalpha coactivator...
- Human scavenger receptor class B type 1 is regulated by activators of peroxisome proliferators-activated receptor-gamma in hepatocytesRania Abdel Muneem Ahmed
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1 Ikenobe Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Endocrine 35:233-42. 2009....
- Polymorphism exon 1 variant at the locus of the scavenger receptor class B type I gene: influence on plasma LDL cholesterol in healthy subjects during the consumption of diets with different fat contentsPablo Perez-Martinez
Unidad de Lipidos y Arteriosclerosis, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
Am J Clin Nutr 77:809-13. 2003..The association between polymorphisms in the scavenger receptor class B type I (SRB-I) gene and variations in basal plasma concentrations of cholesterol in humans has recently been described...
- Expression of caveolin-1 in hepatic cells increases oxidized LDL uptake and preserves the expression of lipoprotein receptorsTo Quyen Truong
Departement des Sciences Biologiques, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3P8
J Cell Biochem 108:906-15. 2009..Thus, hepatic caveolin-1 expression has significant effects on OxLDL metabolism and on lipoprotein receptor levels...
- TGF-beta1 up-regulates expression of ABCA1, ABCG1 and SR-BI through liver X receptor alpha signaling pathway in THP-1 macrophage-derived foam cellsYan wei Hu
Institute of Cardiovascular Research, Key Laboratory for Atherosclerology of Hunan Province, Life Science Research Center, University of South China, Hengyang, Hunan, China
J Atheroscler Thromb 17:493-502. 2010....
- Determinants of leukocyte adenosine triphosphate-binding cassette transporter G1 gene expression in type 2 diabetes mellitusHuali Zhou
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Metabolism 57:1135-40. 2008..The reduction in ABCG1 is associated with impairment in cholesterol efflux and may contribute to accelerated foam cell formation in diabetic patients...
- Genome-wide association study of Lp-PLA(2) activity and mass in the Framingham Heart StudySunil Suchindran
Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:e1000928. 2010..3 near the PLA2G7 gene. Our analyses demonstrate that genetic polymorphisms may contribute to inter-individual variation in Lp-PLA(2) activity and mass...
- The CD36, CLA-1 (CD36L1), and LIMPII (CD36L2) gene family: cellular distribution, chromosomal location, and genetic evolutionD Calvo
Hospital de la Princesa, Madrid, Spain
Genomics 25:100-6. 1995..Mapping of the human LIMPII and CLA-1 genes (gene symbols CD36L2 and CD36L1, respectively) to specific chromosomes revealed that CLA-1, LIMPII, and CD36 do not form a gene cluster, but are ..
- Caveolin-1 does not affect SR-BI-mediated cholesterol efflux or selective uptake of cholesteryl ester in two cell linesLibo Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, SUNY at Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Lipid Res 44:807-15. 2003..We conclude that basal and SR-BI-stimulated FC efflux to HDL and liposomes and SR-BI-mediated selective uptake of HDL CE are not affected by caveolin-1 expression in HEK 293 or FRT cells...
- Binding and internalization of lipopolysaccharide by Cla-1, a human orthologue of rodent scavenger receptor B1Tatyana G Vishnyakova
NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 278:22771-80. 2003..In summary, Cla-1 was found to bind and internalize monomerized and HDL-associated LPS, indicating that Cla-1 may play important role in septic shock by affecting LPS cellular uptake and clearance...
- Lycopene absorption in human intestinal cells and in mice involves scavenger receptor class B type I but not Niemann-Pick C1-like 1Myriam Moussa
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UMR1260 Nutriments Lipidiques et Prevention des Maladies Metaboliques, F 13385 Marseille, France
J Nutr 138:1432-6. 2008..Thus, the present data show that lycopene absorption is, at least in part, mediated by SR-BI but not by NPC1L1...
- Sensing of dietary lipids by enterocytes: a new role for SR-BI/CLA-1Olivier Béaslas
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S 872, Les Cordeliers, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e4278. 2009..Our aim was to determine whether these micelles induce, in enterocytes, specific early cell signaling events that could control the processes leading to TRL secretion...
- Characterization of CLA-1, a human homologue of rodent scavenger receptor BI, as a receptor for high density lipoprotein and apoptotic thymocytesK Murao
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0682, USA
J Biol Chem 272:17551-7. 1997..An additional role in recognition of damaged cells is suggested by these studies...
- Identification of a PDZ-domain-containing protein that interacts with the scavenger receptor class B type IM Ikemoto
Department of Health Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 0033, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:6538-43. 2000....
- Human retinal pigment epithelial cells express scavenger receptors BI and BIIKeith G Duncan
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 292:1017-22. 2002..SR-BI and SR-BII proteins were also detected by immunofluorescence staining of RPE cells in culture. The results suggest that these SRs may play a role in POS lipid binding and uptake by RPE cells in the eye...
- Testosterone up-regulates scavenger receptor BI and stimulates cholesterol efflux from macrophagesClaus Langer
Institut für Arterioskleroseforschung an der Universität Münster, Domagkstrasse 3, D 48149, Munster, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 296:1051-7. 2002..These data suggest that testosterone, despite lowering HDL cholesterol, intensifies reverse cholesterol transport and thereby exerts an anti-atherogenic rather than a pro-atherogenic effect...
- Association between HaeIII polymorphism of scavenger receptor class B type I gene and plasma HDL-cholesterol concentrationSeung Ho Hong
Department of Science Education, JeJu National University of Education, Jeju, Korea
Ann Clin Biochem 39:478-81. 2002....
- The human scavenger receptor class B type I is a novel candidate receptor for the hepatitis C virusElisa Scarselli
Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare P Angeletti IRBM, Via Pontina Km 30 600, 00040 Pomezia Rome, Italy
EMBO J 21:5017-25. 2002..Finally, E2 recognition by SR-BI was competed out in an isolate-specific manner both on the hepatoma cell line and on the human SR-BI-transfected cell line by an anti-HVR1 monoclonal antibody...
- Polymorphisms at the SRBI locus are associated with lipoprotein levels in subjects with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemiaE S Tai
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin Genet 63:53-8. 2003....
- Genetic variation at the scavenger receptor class B type I gene locus determines plasma lipoprotein concentrations and particle size and interacts with type 2 diabetes: the framingham studyDoreen Osgood
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, Jean Mayer U S Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2869-79. 2003..03 for interaction). Similar results were obtained for HDL(2)-C. In conclusion, SR-BI gene variation modulates the lipid profile, particularly in type 2 diabetes, contributing to the metabolic abnormalities in these subjects...
- Association of genetic variants in the HDL receptor, SR-B1, with abnormal lipids in women with coronary artery diseaseJ J McCarthy
J Med Genet 40:453-8. 2003
- Targeted disruption of the PDZK1 gene in mice causes tissue-specific depletion of the high density lipoprotein receptor scavenger receptor class B type I and altered lipoprotein metabolismOlivier Kocher
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 278:52820-5. 2003..The PDZK1-dependent regulation of hepatic SR-BI and, thus, lipoprotein metabolism supports the proposal that this adaptor may represent a new target for therapeutic intervention in cardiovascular disease...
- Polymorphisms of the HDL receptor gene associated with HDL cholesterol levels in diabetic kindred from three populationsJeanette J McCarthy
San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182 4162, USA
Hum Hered 55:163-70. 2003..We examined polymorphisms in the HDL receptor, SR-BI, for association with plasma HDL cholesterol levels...
- High density lipoprotein uptake by scavenger receptor SR-BIIErik R M Eckhardt
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Biol Chem 279:14372-81. 2004..We conclude that SR-BII may influence cellular cholesterol trafficking and homeostasis in a manner that is distinct from SR-BI...
- Population-based study of SR-BI genetic variation and lipid profileAlfredo Morabia
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Geneva University Hospitals, 25 rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Atherosclerosis 175:159-68. 2004..The HDL-C effect increased with age. SR-BI A350A appears to have gender-specific and age-related effects on cholesterol transport lipoproteins...
- Localization and regulation of SR-BI in membrane rafts of HepG2 cellsDavid Rhainds
Departement des Sciences Biologiques, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, 1200 Saint Alexandre, H3B 3H5, Canada
J Cell Sci 117:3095-105. 2004..SR-BI-dependent LDL- and HDL-CE selective uptake are affected differently by the integrity of membrane rafts, but both occur by a retroendocytic pathway in HepG2 cells...
- Serum amyloid A binding to CLA-1 (CD36 and LIMPII analogous-1) mediates serum amyloid A protein-induced activation of ERK1/2 and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinasesIrina N Baranova
Department of Laboratory Medicine, W G Magnuson Clinical Center, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 280:8031-40. 2005..The results of this study demonstrate for the first time that CLA-1 functions as an endocytic SAA receptor and is involved in SAA-mediated cell signaling events associated with the immune-related and inflammatory effects of SAA...
- High density lipoproteins facilitate hepatitis C virus entry through the scavenger receptor class B type ICécile Voisset
CNRS UPR2511, Institut de Biologie de Lille and Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille 59021, France
J Biol Chem 280:7793-9. 2005..Altogether, these data indicate that HDL-mediated enhancement of HCVpp entry involves a complex interplay between SR-BI, HDL, and HCV envelope glycoproteins, and they highlight the active role of HDLs in HCV entry...
- Scavenger receptor class B type I (SR-BI) is involved in vitamin E transport across the enterocyteEmmanuelle Reboul
INSERM U476, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 1260 Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA, Université AixMarseille, and Institut de Physiopathologie Humaine de Marseille IPMH, Marseille F 13385, France
J Biol Chem 281:4739-45. 2006..7-fold higher in mice overexpressing SR-BI than in wild-type mice (p < 0.05). The present data show for the first time that vitamin E intestinal absorption is, at least in part, mediated by SR-BI...
- High density lipoprotein inhibits hepatitis C virus-neutralizing antibodies by stimulating cell entry via activation of the scavenger receptor BIMarlene Dreux
INSERM, U758, 69007 Lyon, France
J Biol Chem 281:18285-95. 2006..Consistently, we show that antibodies targeted to HCV-E1 efficiently neutralize HCVpp and HCVcc in the presence of human serum...
- Scavenger receptor BI and BII expression levels modulate hepatitis C virus infectivityJoe Grove
Division of Immunity and Infection, Institute for Biomedical Research, The Medical School, Birmingham University, Edgbaston B14 2TT, United Kingdom
J Virol 81:3162-9. 2007..Finally, anti-SR-BI antibodies inhibited the infectivity of cell culture- and plasma-derived J6/JFH, suggesting a critical role for SR-BI/II in HCV infection...
- Variants in scavenger receptor class B type I gene are associated with HDL cholesterol levels in younger womenCaroline G P Roberts
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Hum Hered 64:107-13. 2007....
- High-avidity monoclonal antibodies against the human scavenger class B type I receptor efficiently block hepatitis C virus infection in the presence of high-density lipoproteinMaria Teresa Catanese
Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare P Angeletti, 00040 Pomezia, Rome, Italy
J Virol 81:8063-71. 2007The human scavenger class B type 1 receptor (SR-B1/Cla1) was identified as a putative receptor for hepatitis C virus (HCV) because it binds to soluble recombinant HCV envelope glycoprotein E2 (sE2)...
- Scavenger receptor class B type I polymorphisms and peripheral arterial diseaseAndreas Ritsch
Department of Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, A 6020 Innsbruck, and Department of Laboratory Medicine, Konventhospital Barmherzige Brueder, Linz, Austria
Metabolism 56:1135-41. 2007..In conclusion, in the present study population, SCARB1 polymorphisms not only show associations with plasma levels of total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, respectively, but also with the risk for PAD...
- Characterization of regulatory intronic and exonic sequences involved in alternative splicing of scavenger receptor class B geneXiaohui Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, 12901 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, MDC 37, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 372:173-8. 2008..This study provides new insights into the mechanism of SR-B splicing and it is important for further study on the mechanism of SR-B alternative splicing regulation, such as its regulation by estrogen...
- Polymorphisms of the scavenger receptor class B member 1 are associated with insulin resistance with evidence of gene by sex interactionJeanette J McCarthy
Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92182, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1789-96. 2009....
- Cigarette smoke exposure causes changes in Scavenger Receptor B1 level and distribution in lung cellsGiuseppe Valacchi
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 43:1065-70. 2011....
- A synonymous variant in scavenger receptor, class B, type I gene is associated with lower SR-BI protein expression and functionJason Constantineau
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, United States
Atherosclerosis 210:177-82. 2010..The objective was to determine if rs5888 decreased SR-BI protein expression and function in vitro...
- Influence of SCARB1 polymorphisms on serum lipids of hypercholesterolemic individuals treated with atorvastatinAlvaro Cerda
Department of Clinical and Toxicological Analysis, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clin Chim Acta 411:631-7. 2010..We tested the relationship of 3 SCARB1 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) with hypercholesterolemia in a Brazilian population and whether these variants can influence lipid-lowering response to atorvastatin...
- Biological, clinical and population relevance of 95 loci for blood lipidsTanya M Teslovich
Center for Statistical Genetics, Department of Biostatistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nature 466:707-13. 2010..Taken together, our findings provide the foundation to develop a broader biological understanding of lipoprotein metabolism and to identify new therapeutic opportunities for the prevention of CAD...
- Genetic variant of the scavenger receptor BI in humansMenno Vergeer
Department of Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 364:136-45. 2011..Paradoxically, elevated HDL cholesterol levels are associated with increased atherosclerosis in SR-BI-knockout mice. It is unclear what role SR-BI plays in human metabolism...
- Glycine dimerization motif in the N-terminal transmembrane domain of the high density lipoprotein receptor SR-BI required for normal receptor oligomerization and lipid transportLeonid Gaidukov
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Biol Chem 286:18452-64. 2011....
- Novel mutations in scavenger receptor BI associated with high HDL cholesterol in humansL R Brunham
Department of Medicine and Medical Genetics, Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Genet 79:575-81. 2011..Our findings, combined with the prior report of a single mutation in the gene encoding SR-BI, further validate that mutations in SR-BI are a rare but recurring cause of elevated HDL-C in humans...
- Scavenger receptor SR-BI in macrophage lipid metabolismAiling Ji
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Atherosclerosis 217:106-12. 2011..To investigate the mechanisms by which macrophage scavenger receptor BI (SR-BI) regulates macrophage cholesterol homeostasis and protects against atherosclerosis...
- C323 of SR-BI is required for SR-BI-mediated HDL binding and cholesteryl ester uptakeLing Guo
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kentucky Medical School, Lexington, KY, USA
J Lipid Res 52:2272-8. 2011..C323 of SR-BI is critical for SR-BI-mediated HDL binding and cholesteryl ester uptake, and changes in redox status may be a regulatory factor modulating SR-BI-mediated cholesterol transport...
- Association of rs5888 SNP in the scavenger receptor class B type 1 gene and serum lipid levelsDong Feng Wu
Department of Cardiology, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, 22 Shuangyong Road, Nanning, 530021 Guangxi, People s Republic of China
Lipids Health Dis 11:50. 2012....
- Association of three polymorphisms of scavenger receptor class BI gene (exon8, exon1, intron5) with coronary stenosis in a coronary Tunisian populationJihene Rejeb
Biochemistry Department, UR MSP 28 04, Sahloul University Hospital, Sousse, Tunisia
Gene 511:383-8. 2012..We tested the relationship of SCARB1 polymorphisms with significant coronary stenosis (SCS) and lipid profile in a coronary Tunisian population...
- SCARB1 single nucleotide polymorphism (rs5888) is associated with serum lipid profile and myocardial infarction in an age- and gender-dependent mannerDaiva Stanislovaitienė
Department of Ophthalmology, Medicine Academy, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Kaunas, Lithuania
Lipids Health Dis 12:24. 2013....
- Hepatic scavenger receptor class B, type I is stimulated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alphaLene Malerød
Division of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biology, University of Oslo, P O Box 1050, Blindern, Oslo 0316, Norway
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 305:557-65. 2003..The present results are in agreement with previous reports, indicating that specific PPARgamma-agonists (such as TZDs) protect against atherosclerosis...
- Cell entry of hepatitis C virus requires a set of co-receptors that include the CD81 tetraspanin and the SR-B1 scavenger receptorBirke Bartosch
Laboratoire de Vectorologie Rétrovirale et Thérapie Génique, INSERM U412, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 128, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, 46 allee d Italie, 69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
J Biol Chem 278:41624-30. 2003..Finally, by correlating expression of HCV receptors and infectivity, we suggest that, besides CD81 and SR-B1, additional hepatocyte-specific co-factor(s) are necessary for HCV entry...
- Allelic variants of the human scavenger receptor class B type 1 and paraoxonase 1 on coronary heart disease: genotype-phenotype correlationsFrancisco Rodríguez-Esparragón
Research Unit, Nephrology, Nephrology and Cardiology Services, Hospital Universitario de Gran Canaria Dr Negrin, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:854-60. 2005....
- Bile acids reduce SR-BI expression in hepatocytes by a pathway involving FXR/RXR, SHP, and LRH-1Lene Malerød
Programme for Cell Biology, Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Oslo, Norway
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 336:1096-105. 2005..The present study shows that also the SR-BI-mediated supply of cholesterol, the substrate for bile acid synthesis, is feedback regulated by bile acids...
- Relative contributions of ABCA1 and SR-BI to cholesterol efflux to serum from fibroblasts and macrophagesMyNgan Duong
GI and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:541-7. 2006..Cholesterol efflux is achieved by several mechanisms. This study examines contributions of these pathways to efflux to human serum...
- The interaction of natural hepatitis C virus with human scavenger receptor SR-BI/Cla1 is mediated by ApoB-containing lipoproteinsPatrick Maillard
Hepacivirus Unit, Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
FASEB J 20:735-7. 2006..SR-BI/Cla1 interacts with plasma HDL, native and modified LDL, and VLDL, and facilitates cellular cholesterol efflux to ..
- Regulation of alternative splicing of liver scavenger receptor class B gene by estrogen and the involved regulatory splicing factorsXiaohui Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Endocrinology 148:5295-304. 2007....
- Cellular SR-BI and ABCA1-mediated cholesterol efflux are gender-specific in healthy subjectsGiovanna Catalano
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, UMR_S551, Dyslipoproteinemia and Atherosclerosis, Paris, France
J Lipid Res 49:635-43. 2008..72, P < 0.0001), whereas this relationship was not observed in men. In conclusion, HDL-C level may not represent the absolute indicator of the efficiency of the initial step of the reverse cholesterol transport...
- Coexpression of CLA-1 and human PDZK1 in murine liver modulates HDL cholesterol metabolismHidenori Komori
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1298-303. 2008..This study was aimed to clarify the role of the human SR-BI/CD36 and LIMP-II Analogues-1 (CLA-1) as a molecular target of selective uptake of cholesteryl ester from HDL in vivo...
- Host scavenger receptor SR-BI plays a dual role in the establishment of malaria parasite liver infectionCristina D Rodrigues
Unidade de Malaria, Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Universidade de Lisboa, 1649 028 Lisboa, Portugal
Cell Host Microbe 4:271-82. 2008..Additional analyses revealed that SR-BI plays a dual role in Plasmodium infection, affecting both sporozoite invasion and intracellular parasite development, and may therefore constitute a good target for malaria prophylaxis...
- Scavenger receptor BI boosts hepatocyte permissiveness to Plasmodium infectionSamir Yalaoui
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, UMR S511, Paris F 75013, France
Cell Host Microbe 4:283-92. 2008..These findings establish the mechanistic basis of the CD81-dependent Plasmodium sporozoite invasion pathway...
- Scavenger receptor class B type I protein as an independent predictor of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in subjects with hyperalphalipoproteinemiaMichael West
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1451-7. 2009..In mice, scavenger receptor class B, type I (SR-BI) receptor protein deficiency is associated with elevated high-density lipoprotein (HDL)-cholesterol (HDL-C) levels...
- Receptor complementation and mutagenesis reveal SR-BI as an essential HCV entry factor and functionally imply its intra- and extra-cellular domainsMarlene Dreux
Universite de Lyon, UCB Lyon1, IFR128, INSERM, U758, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, Lyon, France
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000310. 2009..Altogether, we demonstrate that SR-BI is an essential HCV entry factor. Moreover, our results highlight specific SR-BI determinants required during HCV entry and physiological lipid transfer functions hijacked by HCV to favor infection...
- Genome-wide association study of renal cell carcinoma identifies two susceptibility loci on 2p21 and 11q13.3Mark P Purdue
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 43:60-5. 2011..31 for rs4765623, which maps to SCARB1, the scavenger receptor class B, member 1 gene (P = 2.6 × 10⁻⁸). Our study reports previously unidentified genomic regions associated with RCC risk that may lead to new etiological insights...
- The SCARB1 rs5888 SNP and serum lipid levels in the Guangxi Mulao and Han populationsDong Feng Wu
Department of Cardiology, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, 22 Shuangyong Road, Nanning 530021, Guangxi, People s Republic of China
Int J Med Sci 9:715-24. 2012..The present study was undertaken to detect the association of rs5888 SNP and serum lipid levels in the Guangxi Mulao and Han populations...
- Identification, primary structure, and distribution of CLA-1, a novel member of the CD36/LIMPII gene familyD Calvo
Unidad de Biologia Molecular, Hospital de la Princesa, Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 268:18929-35. 1993..Transient transfection experiments of a CD36-CLA-1 chimera, constructed by replacing the carboxyl cytoplasmic tail of CD36 for the carboxyl cytoplasmic tail of CLA-1, suggest that native CLA-1 protein is found on the plasma membrane...
- A carboxyl-terminal PDZ-interacting domain of scavenger receptor B, type I is essential for cell surface expression in liverDavid L Silver
Division of Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 277:34042-7. 2002....
- Ontogeny, immunolocalisation, distribution and function of SR-BI in the human intestineEmile Levy
Department of Nutrition, Hôpital Sainte Justine and University of Montreal, Montreal QC H3T 1C5, Canada
J Cell Sci 117:327-37. 2004..These observations suggest that the human intestine possesses a developmental and regional SR-BI pattern of distribution, and extends our knowledge in SR-BI-mediated cholesterol transport...
- Modification of the effects of estrogen therapy on HDL cholesterol levels by polymorphisms of the HDL-C receptor, SR-BI: the Rancho Bernardo StudyErin Richard
School of Public Health, San Diego State University, 5500 Campanile Dr, San Diego, CA 92182 4162, USA
Atherosclerosis 180:255-62. 2005..We examined whether the association between SR-BI genotypes and HDL-C is modified by use of unopposed estrogen in community-dwelling postmenopausal Caucasian women...
- Scavenger receptor class B type I (SCARB1) c.1119C>T polymorphism affects postprandial triglyceride metabolism in menToshiko Tanaka
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, JM USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Nutr 137:578-82. 2007..923) or total TG (Pgeno x time = 0.529) did not differ by genotype. These results suggest that the c.1119C>T polymorphism is associated with a lower postprandial TG response in the smaller, partially catabolized lipoprotein fraction...
- Xanthophylls are preferentially taken up compared with beta-carotene by retinal cells via a SRBI-dependent mechanismAlexandrine During
Phytonutrients Laboratory, US Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
J Lipid Res 49:1715-24. 2008..This mechanism may explain, in part, the preferential accumulation of xanthophylls in the macula of the retina...
- Impact of gene variants on sex-specific regulation of human Scavenger receptor class B type 1 (SR-BI) expression in liver and association with lipid levels in a population-based studyOrnit Chiba-Falek
Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
BMC Med Genet 11:9. 2010..However, the mechanism underlying this gene by sex interaction has not been explored...
- A role for the high-density lipoprotein receptor SR-B1 in synovial inflammation via serum amyloid-ARonan Hugh Mullan
Education and Research Centre, St Vincent s University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Ireland
Am J Pathol 176:1999-2008. 2010..As SR-B1 is expressed in RA synovial tissue and mediates A-SAA-induced pro-inflammatory pathways, a better understanding of A-SAA-mediated inflammatory pathways may lead to novel treatment strategies for RA...
- Summer heat stress alters the mRNA expression of selective-uptake and endocytotic receptors in bovine ovarian cellsNurit Argov
Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, The Hebrew University, P O Box 12, Hertzel Street, Rehovot 76 100, Israel
Theriogenology 64:1475-89. 2005..lipoprotein receptor (LDLr)), and two selective-uptake receptors (scavenger receptor class B type 1 receptor (SRB1) and the lipoprotein-receptor-related protein 8 (LRP8)) were evaluated...
- Lipid transport in the developing bovine follicle: messenger RNA expression increases for selective uptake receptors and decreases for endocytosis receptorsNurit Argov
Faculty of Agriculture, Hebrew University, Rehovot 76 100, Israel
Biol Reprod 71:479-85. 2004..receptors (LDLr), and by the selective uptake pathway described for the scavenger receptor class B type 1 receptor (SRB1) and the recently described ovarian receptor, lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8 (LRP8)...
- PCSK9 impedes hepatitis C virus infection in vitro and modulates liver CD81 expressionPatrick Labonte
Institut Armand Frappier, Institut National de Recherche Scientifique, Laval, Quebec, Canada
Hepatology 50:17-24. 2009..Finally, in the liver of single Pcsk9 and double (Pcsk9 + Ldlr) knockout mice, both LDLR and/or CD81 protein expression levels were significantly reduced, but not those of transferrin and scavenger receptor class B type 1...
- Normal and pathological human testes express hormone-sensitive lipase and the lipid receptors CLA-1/SR-BI and CD36Maria I Arenas
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, University of Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Hum Pathol 35:34-42. 2004..In nonmalignant and malignant pathologies, cholesterol metabolism is probably altered, and HSL labeling in neoplastic germ cell nuclei suggests a still-unknown function of this enzyme, probably related to cell cycle regulation...
- Pharmacotherapy for dyslipidaemia--current therapies and future agentsHarold Bays
L MARC Research Center, 3288 Illinois Avenue, Louisville, KY 40213, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 4:1901-38. 2003..cassette transporter (ABC) A1, lecithin cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT) and scavenger receptor class B Type 1 (SRB1), as well as synthetic apolipoprotein (Apo)E-related peptides...
- Effect of sterol carrier protein-2 gene ablation on HDL-mediated cholesterol efflux from cultured primary mouse hepatocytesStephen M Storey
Departmens of Physiology and Pharmacology, Texas Veterinary Medical Center, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4466, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G244-54. 2010..indicated that SCP-2 directly interacted with the HDL receptor, scavenger receptor class B type 1 (SRB1), in hepatocytes...
- Effects of varying doses of supplemental conjugated linoleic acid on production and energetic variables during the transition periodL J Odens
The Department of Animal Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:293-305. 2007..A dietary supplement containing trans-10, cis-12 CLA markedly improves EBAL and bioenergetic variables and increases milk yield in the total mixed ration-fed transitioning dairy cow...
- A conjugated linoleic acid supplement containing trans-10, cis-12 conjugated linoleic acid reduces milk fat synthesis in lactating goatsA L Lock
Department of Animal Science, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405, USA
J Dairy Sci 91:3291-9. 2008..Dose-response comparisons, however, suggest that the degree of reduction in milk fat synthesis is less in dairy goats compared with dairy cows and dairy sheep...
- Conjugated linoleic acid depresses the delta9 desaturase index and stearoyl coenzyme A desaturase enzyme activity in porcine subcutaneous adipose tissueS B Smith
Department of Animal Science, Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843, USA
J Anim Sci 80:2110-5. 2002..These data provide the first direct evidence that dietary CLA depresses SCD enzyme activity in porcine adipose tissue, which may in part be responsible for the depression of adiposity by CLA observed by others in market weight pigs...
- CLA and n-3 PUFA differentially modulate clinical activity and colonic PPAR-responsive gene expression in a pig model of experimental IBDJosep Bassaganya-Riera
Laboratory of Nutritional Immunology and Molecular Nutrition, Department of Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Clin Nutr 25:454-65. 2006..We evaluated the ability of CLA and n-3 PUFA alone or in combination to modulate IBD in a pig model of dextran sodium sulfate (DSS)-induced colitis...
- Time-dependent and compartment-specific effects of in utero exposure to Di(n-butyl) phthalate on gene/protein expression in the fetal rat testis as revealed by transcription profiling and laser capture microdissectionSimon Plummer
CXR Biosciences Ltd, James Lindsay Place, Dundee Technopole, Dundee, UK
Toxicol Sci 97:520-32. 2007..The observed gene expression changes, and their compartmentalization, suggest a possible role for peroxisome proliferator-mediated alteration of cofactor availability as a mechanism underlying DBP-induced Leydig cell dysfunction...
- Conjugated linolenic acid is slowly absorbed in rat intestine, but quickly converted to conjugated linoleic acidTsuyoshi Tsuzuki
Laboratory of Food and Biomolecular Science, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
J Nutr 136:2153-9. 2006..A part of alpha-ESA and PA was converted to 9Z11E-CLA 1 h after administration; therefore the lymphatic recoveries of alpha-ESA and PA were modified by the amount of ..
- Thematic review series: skin lipids. The role of epidermal lipids in cutaneous permeability barrier homeostasisKenneth R Feingold
Metabolism Section, Medical Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
J Lipid Res 48:2531-46. 2007..Topical application of physiologic lipids can improve permeability barrier homeostasis and has been useful in the treatment of cutaneous disorders...
- Characterization of methanogenic and prokaryotic assemblages based on mcrA and 16S rRNA gene diversity in sediments of the Kazan mud volcano (Mediterranean Sea)K A Kormas
Department of Ichthyology and Aquatic Environment, University of Thessaly, 38446 Nea Ionia, Greece
Geobiology 6:450-60. 2008..These phylotypes fell in the SEEP-SRB1 putative AOM group...
- Dietary supplementation of L-arginine and conjugated linoleic acid reduces retroperitoneal fat mass and increases lean body mass in ratsJennifer L Nall
Intercollegiate Faculty of Nutrition and Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
J Nutr 139:1279-85. 2009..We conclude that CLA and arginine modulated adipose tissue metabolism by separate, but not additive, effects. Also, CLA and arginine may have depressed muscle protein turnover...
- Conjugated linoleic acid causes a marked increase in liver alpha-tocopherol and liver alpha-tocopherol transfer protein in C57BL/6 J micePei Min Chao
Institute of Nutrition and Department of Nutrition, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 80:65-73. 2010..The lack of changes in antioxidant enzyme protein levels and the reduced lipid peroxidation in the liver of CLA mice are due to alpha-tocopherol accumulation...
- Influence of tissue characteristics at margins on leakage of Class II indirect porcelain restorationsM Ferrari
Am J Dent 12:134-42. 1999..To evaluate the sealing ability of Class II porcelain inlays with margins placed in cementum-dentin and enamel, luted by two new different cementing materials...
- Genomewide linkage analysis for internal carotid artery intimal medial thickness: evidence for linkage to chromosome 12Caroline S Fox
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute s Framingham Heart Study, National Institutes of Health, MA 01702, USA
Am J Hum Genet 74:253-61. 2004....
- CLA-1 and its splicing variant CLA-2 mediate bacterial adhesion and cytosolic bacterial invasion in mammalian cellsTatyana G Vishnyakova
Light Microscopy Core Facility, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:16888-93. 2006..These results indicate that, by facilitating bacterial adhesion and cytosolic invasion, CLA-1 and CLA-2 may play an important role in infection and sepsis...
- Leaching potential of some phenylureas and their main metabolites through laboratory studiesLuca Fava
Istituto Superiore di Sanità National Institute of Health, Dipartimento Ambiente e Connessa Prevenzione Primaria, Viale Regina Elena, 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 13:386-91. 2006..Another study consisted of aged column leaching experiments whose meaning was to semi-quantify the occurrence of the tested compounds in the leachates, so simulating in field conditions...
- [Bioconversion of conjugated linoleic acid by resting cells of Lactobacillus plantarum ZS2058 in potassium phosphate buffer system]Xiao yan Niu
School of Food Science and Technology, Southern Yangtze University, Wuxi 214036, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 47:244-8. 2007..The produced CLA isomers are identified as the mixture of cis-9, trans-ll-octadecadienoic acid (CLA1) trans-10, cis-12-octadecadienoic acid (CLA2), 96.4% of which is CLA1...
- The orl rat with inherited cryptorchidism has increased susceptibility to the testicular effects of in utero dibutyl phthalate exposureKamin J Johnson
Nemours Biomedical Research, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 19803, USA
Toxicol Sci 105:360-7. 2008....
- Superior anticarcinogenic activity of trans,trans-conjugated linoleic acid in N-methyl-N-nitrosourea-induced rat mammary tumorigenesisMohammad A Islam
Division of Applied Life Science BK21 program, Graduate School, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Republic of Korea
J Agric Food Chem 58:5670-8. 2010....
- Analysis of the expression of CLA1, a gene that encodes the 1-deoxyxylulose 5-phosphate synthase of the 2-C-methyl-D-erythritol-4-phosphate pathway in ArabidopsisJ M Estevez
Departamento de Biologia Molecular de Plantas, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Avenida Universidad 2001 Chamilpa, Apdo Postal 510 3 Cuernavaca Morelos 62271, Mexico
Plant Physiol 124:95-104. 2000..b>CLA1, a gene previously isolated from Arabidopsis, encodes the first enzyme of the 2-C-methyl-D-erythritol-4-phosphate ..
- Transcriptional changes common to human cocaine, cannabis and phencyclidine abuseElin Lehrmann
Cellular Neurobiology Research Branch and Chemistry and Drug Metabolism Section, National Institute on Drug Abuse NIDA Intramural Research Program, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 1:e114. 2006..These changes represent common molecular features of drug abuse, which may underlie changes in synaptic function and plasticity that could have important ramifications for decision-making capabilities in drug abusers...
- Damaged interlobular bile ducts in primary biliary cirrhosis show reduced expression of glutathione-S-transferase-pi and aberrant expression of 4-hydroxynonenalKoichi Tsuneyama
Department of Human Pathology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
J Hepatol 37:176-83. 2002..Chronic inflammation induces oxidative stress by producing reactive oxygen species. We investigated how the oxidative stress associated with chronic cholangitis induce bile duct damages in primary biliary cirrhosis...
- Roles of MLL histone methyalses in estrogen mediated regulation of HDLR-SRB1Subhrangsu Mandal; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our preliminary studies demonstrated that human HDLR-SRB1 (high density lipoprotein receptor scavenger receptor type B1, or SRB1), a protein that is critical for maintaining ..
- Cardiotrophin-Like Cytokine 1, a Candidate Molecule for the FSGS FactorVirginia J Savin; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will point to new ways to treat FSGS and to prevent it from progressing to kidney failure or from recurring in newly transplanted kidneys. ..
- The Role of Scavenger Receptor Class B Type 1 in HumansAnnabelle Rodriguez; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our study will examine whether variations in the gene for the HDL receptor, scavenger receptor class B type I or SR-BI, might be associated with good levels of HDL and heart disease. ..
- MODULATORS OF ALCOHOLIC LIPIDEMIA & STEATOSIS:KEY ROLE OF SCAVENGER RECEPTOR B IRaj M Lakshman; Fiscal Year: 2010..unexplored, potential target for chronic alcohol-induced defective RCT that is due to corresponding impaired SRB1 expression and/or post-translational modifications, which in turn, could affect its intracellular trafficking...
- ASYMMETRIC DISTRIBUTION OF CHOLESTEROL IN MEMBRANESFriedhelm Schroeder; Fiscal Year: 2010..HDL transports cholesterol from tissues to liver, binding to SRB1 for cholesterol delivery to the hepatocyte basolateral membrane...
- Molecular Components Affecting Ocular Retinoid HomeostasisJOHANNES FRIEDERICH VONLINTIG; Fiscal Year: 2012..In Aim 1, we will address the role of the intestine specific homeobox transcription factor ISX that suppresses Srb1 and Bcmo1 gene activities which respectively encode a carotenoid transporter and the key enzyme for b,b-carotene ..
- Cholesterol Homeostasis in Framingham Offspring StudyAlice Lichtenstein; Fiscal Year: 2006..and selected genotype data related to CVD risk (gene loci of apo E, apo A-IV, scavenger receptor class B type 1 [SRB1], and ATP-binding cassette [ABC] G5 and ABCG8 transporters); and 3) monitor clinical events in the Framingham ..
- Risk Burden of Lipoprotein Metabolic Gene HaplotypesJeffrey Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..regions of 6 genes that play key roles in lipoprotein transport and metabolism (ABCA1, CETP, LCAT, HL, LPL, SRB1); introns will be examined for 2 of the genes (CETP, LPL)...
- CONJUGATED LINOLEIC AND OXIDATIVE LIPID METABOLISMARTHUR BULL; Fiscal Year: 2001..Metabolic pathways and biological activity will have been evaluated. The results may provide insight into approaches for the reduction of mammary cancer in humans. ..
- SCAVENGER RECEPTOR B1 AND HDL METABOLISMAlan Tall; Fiscal Year: 2005..Scavenger receptor B1 (SRB1) has been shown to promote the selective uptake of HDL cholesterol in the liver (i.e...
- HDL DERIVED CHOLESTEROL UPTAKE BY HEPATOCYTESGREGORY SHELNESS; Fiscal Year: 2000..mediated by the putative HDL receptor, scavenger receptor class B type 1? To study if this uptake mediated by SRB1, antibodies will be used to block this receptor...
- The function of Runx1 in the ovaryMisung Jo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such knowledge can be applied for promoting or inhibiting these critical facets of ovarian physiology, thereby allowing us to better manage fertility, infertility, and ovarian-based disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Extrahepatic Replication and Viral Evolution of HCV During HCV/HIV Co-infectionJason Blackard; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will provide important data on co-factors of virus transmission and identify potential markers of HCV disease progression and treatment failure. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Examination of imatinib mesylate resistance in CMLVivian Oehler; Fiscal Year: 2008..The gene expression pattern of the relapsed sample will be compared with the corresponding diagnostic sample. We hypothesize that the evolution of a previously undetected clone is the mechanism of relapse. ..
- HUMAN CTL-MEDIATED INJURY OF GRAFT ENDOTHELIAL CELLSJORDAN POBER; Fiscal Year: 2009..These data will provide a rational basis for developing new, complementary strategies to further reduce the incidence and consequences of allograft rejection. ..
- Quantitation of In Vivo Human Lutein MetabolismANDREW JOSEPH CLIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, the purpose of this study is to determine how the human body uses lutein and other related compounds. ..
- IN VIVO DYNAMIC OF BETA-CAROTENE METABOLISM IN HUMANSAndrew Clifford; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- ISOTOPE RATIO MASS SPECTROMETERDale Schoeller; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, this new instrument will provide new capacity in the form of the solids combustion inlet. This expands our potential users group in the area of development of dietary biomarkers. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Quantitation of Tocopherol Metabolism in HumansANDREW JOSEPH CLIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Particular attention will be directed to the absorption phase. The results are expected to provide information about vitamin E biopotency and eventually improved Dietary Recommendations. ..
- Mechanisms of Immune Modulation by Abscisic AcidJosep Bassaganya Riera; Fiscal Year: 2010..The mechanistic understanding of the immune modulatory properties of botanicals such as ABA will aid in the development of more efficacious CAM approaches for modulating immune function and ameliorating infectious diseases. ..
- DYNAMIC AND KINETIC BEHAVIOR OF FOLATE METABOLISMAndrew Clifford; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will determine the in vivo kinetic behavior of a tracer dose of folate in blood, urine, and stool. We will then compare the behavior of folate metabolism (functional endpoint) among the various genotypes. ..
- CLASS B SCAVENGER RECEPTORS AND FOAM CELL FORMATIONDENEYS VAN DER WESTHUYZEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The extent of atherosclerosis will be quantified by lesion size and cholesterol/cholesterol ester content. ..
- NONINVASIVE MEASUREMENT OF ENERGY EXPENDITURE IN HUMANSDale Schoeller; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide important guidelines for the prescription of exercise for the prevention and treatment of obesity. ..
- SR-BI and SR-BII recycling and selective lipid uptakeDENEYS VAN DER WESTHUYZEN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Isoform-specific knock-in mice will be generated and the effects of each receptor on plasma lipoproteins, HDL metabolism and atherogenesis studied. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacogenetics of lipid response to estrogen therapyJeanette McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2009..This may result in future clinically useful diagnostic tests that aid postmenopausal women in their decision whether to use estrogen therapy. ..