Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC25A37
Description: solute carrier family 25 member 37
Alias: HT015, MFRN, MFRN1, MSC, MSCP, PRO1278, PRO1584, PRO2217, mitoferrin-1, mitochondrial iron transporter 1, mitochondrial solute carrier protein, mitoferrin, solute carrier family 25 (mitochondrial iron transporter), member 37
Publications1217 found, 100 shown here
- Subcellular localization of IRS-1 in IGF-I-mediated chondrogenic proliferation, differentiation and hypertrophy of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cellsLara Longobardi
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7039, USA
Growth Factors 27:309-20. 2009Bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells (BM-MSC) can differentiate into chondrocytes...
- Abnormal mitoferrin-1 expression in patients with erythropoietic protoporphyriaYongming Wang
Department of Medicine and Liver Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0005, USA
Exp Hematol 39:784-94. 2011..The major focus was mitoferrin-1 (MFRN1), the mitochondrial transporter of Fe used for heme formation by FECH and for 2Fe2S cluster synthesis, ..
- Abcb10 physically interacts with mitoferrin-1 (Slc25a37) to enhance its stability and function in the erythroid mitochondriaWen Chen
Department of Medicine, Hematology Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Hematology Oncology Division, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16263-8. 2009b>Mitoferrin-1 (Mfrn1; Slc25a37), a member of the solute carrier family localized in the mitochondrial inner membrane, functions as an essential iron importer for the synthesis of mitochondrial heme and iron-sulfur clusters in erythroblasts...
- Three-dimensional holograph vector of atomic interaction field (3D-HoVAIF): a novel rotation-translation invariant 3D structure descriptor and its applications to peptidesFeifei Tian
College of Bioengineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing 40044, China
J Pept Sci 13:549-66. 2007..QSAR) study, important in drug design, mainly involves two aspects, molecular structural characterization (MSC) and construction of a statistical model...
- Umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells increase expansion of cord blood natural killer cellsLaurent Boissel
Tufts Medical Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1031-8. 2008..for ex vivo expansion, with or without a feeder layer of irradiated umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells (UC-MSC), with or without cytokines that have been shown to be critical for NK expansion: IL-2, IL-15, IL-3, and FLT-3L...
- [In vivo MR imaging tracking of supermagnetic iron-oxide nanoparticle-labeled bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells injected into intra-articular space of knee joints: experiment with rabbit]Xu hong Jin
Center of Joint Surgery, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:3213-8. 2007..5T system tracking of the survival, migration and differentiation of magnetically labeled seed cells-bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) injected into the articular cavity...
- Bone marrow cells immunomagnetically selected for CD271+ antigen promote in vitro the repair of articular cartilage defectsTamara Hermida-Gómez
Biomedical Research Center, INIBIC Hospital Universitario A Coruña, University of A Coruna, A Coruna, Spain
Tissue Eng Part A 17:1169-79. 2011The purposes of this project were to quantify the cells expressing the mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) marker CD271 in synovial membranes from human osteoarthritic (OA) and healthy joints, and to determine if those CD271 cells were involved ..
- [Therapeutic effects of magnetically labeled mononuclear and mesenchymal stem cells transplantation in a swine myocardial infarction model assessed by magnetic resonance imaging]Chun mei Qi
Department of Cardiology, Zhong Da Hospital, Southeast University, Nanjing 210009, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 36:1004-8. 2008To evaluate the therapeutic effects of magnetically labeled mononuclear stem cells (MR-MNC) and mesenchymal stem cells (MR-MSC) transplantation in a swine acute myocardial infarction (AMI) model by MR imaging.
- [Effect of bone mesenchymal stem cells transplantation on malignant ventricular arrhythmia induced byelectrophysiological stimulation in a mini-swine model of acute myocardial infarction]Xiao yong Qi
Heart Center, Hebei General Hospital, Shijiazhuang 050051, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 36:546-50. 2008To investigate the effects of autologous bone mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) transplantation on malignant arrhythmia induced by electrophysiological (EP) stimulation and cardiomyocyte ion channels remodeling in a mini-swine model of acute ..
- Isolation and ex vivo expansion of human umbilical cord blood-derived CD34+ stem cells and their cotransplantation with or without mesenchymal stem cellsBahman Delalat
Department of Hematology, School of Medical Sciences Faculty, Tarbiat Modares University, PO Box 14115 111, Tehran, Iran
Hematology 14:125-32. 2009..In this study we examined the effect of human MSC on engraftment of human UCB-derived CD34(+) cells in irradiated Balb/c mice...
- cDNAs from Onchocerca sp. encoding members of the MRS3/MRS4 class of mitochondrial solute carriersJ Catmull
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, James Cook University of North Queensland, Townsville, Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1282:179-81. 1996..chromosome III of Caenorhabditis elegans, these constitute a new class of proteins belonging to the mitochondrial solute carrier protein superfamily. So far, five other members of this protein family have been identified in C...
- In vitro proliferation and chondrogenic differentiation of rat bone marrow stem cells cultured with gelatin hydrogel microspheres for TGF-beta1 releaseToshihiro Ogawa
Department of Biomaterials, Field of Tissue Engineering, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, 53 Kawara cho Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 21:609-21. 2010..The microspheres functioned not only as the scaffold of MSC, but also the carrier matrix of TGF-beta1 release...
- [Effects of mesenchymal stem cell transplantation on growth of liver cancer: experiment with rats]Zhi Hong Shao
Department of Radiology, Tongji Hospital of Tongji University, Shanghai 200065, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:491-6. 2009To evaluate the effects of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) transplantation on the growth of liver cancer.
- [Distribution and interaction of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells and cord blood CIK/NK cells infused via different ways at different time periods in NOD/SCID mice]Yang Li
Pediatric Department, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, Guangdong Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 18:140-5. 2010..study was aimed to explore the distribution and interaction mechanism of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) and cord blood cytokine-induced killer (CIK)/natural killer (NK) cells infused via different ways at different ..
- [Functional improvement of patients with progressive muscular dystrophy by bone marrow and umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cell transplantations]Xiao Feng Yang
Cell Treatment Center, PLA No 463 Hospital, Shenyang, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:2552-6. 2009..To investigate the feasibility of employing double transplantations of autologous bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (BMSC) and umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells (UMSC) in the treatment of progressive muscular dystrophy (PMD)...
- Inhibitory effect of schisandrin B on gastric cancer cells in vitroXiao Ni Liu
Department of Physiology, Mudanjiang Medical College, Mudanjiang 157011, Heilongjiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:6506-11. 2007..To investigate the inhibitory effect and possible mechanism of action of schisandrin B in SC-B on gastric cancer cells in vitro...
- Intra-articular injection of mesenchymal stromal cells in partially torn anterior cruciate ligaments in a rat modelAtsushi Kanaya
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Arthroscopy 23:610-7. 2007..The purpose of this study was to biomechanically and histologically evaluate whether intra-articularly injected mesenchymal stromal cells can accelerate the healing of a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)...
- Effect of IGF-I in the chondrogenesis of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in the presence or absence of TGF-beta signalingLara Longobardi
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2579, USA
J Bone Miner Res 21:626-36. 2006A novel role for IGF-I in MSC chondrogenesis was determined. IGF-I effects were evaluated in the presence or absence of TGF-beta signaling by conditionally inactivating the TGF-beta type II receptor...
- Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell transplantation combined with perindopril treatment attenuates infarction remodelling in a rat model of acute myocardial infarctionJian An Wang
Department of Cardiology, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310009, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 7:641-7. 2006This study was performed to evaluate whether implantation of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) would reduce left ventricular remodelling from the molecular mechanisms compared with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) perindopril ..
- Differential action of methylselenocysteine in control and alloxan-diabetic rabbitsAnna Kiersztan
Department of Metabolic Regulation, Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biology, University of Warsaw, ul Miecznikowa 1, 02 096 Warsaw, Poland
Chem Biol Interact 177:161-71. 2009..in diet selenium mainly exists as selenoamino acids, potential hypoglycemic properties of methylselenocysteine (MSC) were investigated in four groups of rabbits: untreated and MSC-treated control animals as well as alloxan-diabetic ..
- [Effects of mesenchymal stem cells on proliferation and apoptosis of allogeneic B lymphocytes]Ling qi Wu
Department of Hematology, Hematology Center of Chinese General Hospital of Lanzhou Command of People s Liberation Army, Lanzhou 730050, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:2562-5. 2008To study the influence of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) on the proliferation and apoptosis of allogeneic peripheral B lymphocytes in vitro.
- Analysis of deep sequencing microRNA expression profile from human embryonic stem cells derived mesenchymal stem cells reveals possible role of let-7 microRNA family in downstream targeting of hepatic nuclear factor 4 alphaWinston Koh
Bioinformatics Institute BII, Agency of Science Technology and Research A Star, Matrix, Singapore
BMC Genomics 11:S6. 2010..in microvesicles and intracellular environment of human embryonic stem cells derived mesenchymal stem cells (hES-MSC)...
- Transcriptional profiles discriminate bone marrow-derived and synovium-derived mesenchymal stem cellsFarida Djouad
INSERM Unit 475, Montpellier, France
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R1304-15. 2005Previous studies have reported that mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) may be isolated from the synovial membrane by the same protocol as that used for synovial fibroblast cultivation, suggesting that MSC correspond to a subset of the adherent ..
- Autologous bone marrow-derived cultured mesenchymal stem cells delivered in a fibrin spray accelerate healing in murine and human cutaneous woundsVincent Falanga
Department of Dermatology, Roger Williams Medical Center, Providence, Rhode Island 02908, USA
Tissue Eng 13:1299-312. 2007The nonhematopoietic component of bone marrow includes multipotent mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) capable of differentiating into fat, bone, muscle, cartilage, and endothelium...
- [Chemotactic effects of burn rat serum on mesenchymal stem cells derived from different sources]Bing Han
Key Laboratory of Wound Repair and Regeneration of PLA, Burn Institute, First Hospital Affiliated to the PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100037, PR China
Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 23:25-8. 2007To isolate and culture mesenchymal stem cells ( MSC) from different sources and to investigate the chemotactic effects of burn rat serum on MSC derived from different sources.
- Lactate modulates gene expression in human mesenchymal stem cellsDerek Zieker
Department of General and Transplant Surgery, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 393:297-301. 2008..Recently, it has been shown in vivo that lactate is also able to favour homing of stem cells. The aim of this investigation was to test the hypothesis that lactate has an impact on gene expression of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC).
- Sertoli cell line lacks the immunoprotective properties associated with primary Sertoli cellsJannette M Dufour
Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
Cell Transplant 17:525-34. 2008..The objective of the current study was to examine the immunoprotective properties of a mouse Sertoli cell line (MSC-1) in order to identify a Sertoli cell line that could be used to aid in investigation of the immunoprotective ..
- Long-term quality-of-life outcome after mesh sacrocolpopexy for vaginal vault prolapseArun Z Thomas
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Beaumont Hospital, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
BJU Int 104:1676-9. 2009To evaluate the long-term outcome of mesh sacrocolpopexy (MSC, which aims to restore normal pelvic floor anatomy to alleviate prolapse related symptoms) and its effect on patient's quality of life, as women with vaginal vault prolapse ..
- Mesenchymal stem cells as a gene therapy carrier for treatment of fibrosarcomaJuanjuan Xiang
Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, UK
Cytotherapy 11:516-26. 2009..Emerging evidence suggests that mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) are able to migrate to sites of tissue injury and have immunosuppressive properties that may be useful in targeted ..
- Chondrogenesis in a hyaluronic acid scaffold: comparison between chondrocytes and MSC from bone marrow and adipose tissueRune B Jakobsen
Institutes of Immunology and Pathology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, 0027 Oslo, Norway
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 18:1407-16. 2010..An alternative may be to use mesenchymal stem cells (MSC)...
- [Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell therapy on diabetic nephropathy in rats]Hong Zhou
Department of Endocrinology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 40:1024-8. 2009To test the effectiveness of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) transplantation on diabetic nephropathy in rats.
- Neck back and spine injuries in amateur rugby league: a review of nine years of Accident Compensation Corporation injury entitlement claims and costsDoug A King
Sports Performance Research Institute New Zealand, School of Sport and Recreation, Faculty of Health and Environmental Science, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
J Sci Med Sport 14:126-9. 2011..The New Zealand national Accident Compensation Corporation data for moderate to serious injury entitlement claims (MSC) over nine years were analysed for the number, type and cost of neck, back and spine rugby league injuries ..
- Identification of fetal mesenchymal stem cells in maternal blood: implications for non-invasive prenatal diagnosisK O'Donoghue
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Division of Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 9:497-502. 2003..However, the recent identification of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) in first trimester fetal blood offers the prospect of targeting MSC for non-invasive prenatal diagnosis...
- Mesenchymal stem cells and bone regenerationKarl H Kraus
Orthopedic Research Laboratory, Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Vet Surg 35:232-42. 2006To review the role of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) in bone formation and regeneration, and outline the development of strategies that use MSC in bone healing and regeneration.
- Multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells obtained from diverse human tissues share functional properties and gene-expression profile with CD146+ perivascular cells and fibroblastsDimas T Covas
Department of Clinical Medicine, Center for Cell Therapy and Regional Blood Center, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Exp Hematol 36:642-54. 2008The relationship of multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells (MSC) with pericytes and fibroblasts has not been established thus far, although they share many markers of primitive marrow stromal cells and the osteogenic, adipogenic, and ..
- Cytosine deaminase expressing human mesenchymal stem cells mediated tumour regression in melanoma bearing miceLucia Kucerova
Laboratories of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Research Institute of Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
J Gene Med 10:1071-82. 2008Previously, we validated capability of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells (AT-MSC) to serve as cellular vehicles for gene-directed enzyme prodrug molecular chemotherapy...
- [Comparative study of in vitro hematopoietic supportive capability of human mesenchymal stem cells derived from bone marrow and umbilical cord]Meng Liu
National Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Blood Disease Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Tianjin 300020, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 17:1294-300. 2009The present study was aimed to isolate and identify human mesenchymal stem cells from adult bone marrow (BM-MSC) and umbilical cord (UC-MSC), and to compare their ability to support in vitro long-term hematopoiesis...
- Impact of anti-apoptotic and anti-oxidative effects of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells with transient overexpression of heme oxygenase-1 on myocardial ischemiaToshinari Tsubokawa
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Takara machi 13 1, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H1320-9. 2010..When MSCs and HO-1-overexpressed MSCs (MSC(HO-1)) were exposed to serum deprivation/hypoxia or H(2)O(2)-induced oxidative stress, MSC(HO-1) exhibited ..
- The effect of a scalp reference signal on coherence measurements of intracranial electroencephalogramsH P Zaveri
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, CT 06520, New Haven, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 111:1293-9. 2000..To determine the effect of a scalp reference signal, such as that recorded from the mastoid or ear, on the coherence of referential intracranial electroencephalograms (EEGs)...
- Inhibition of mechanosensitive cation channels inhibits myogenic differentiation by suppressing the expression of myogenic regulatory factors and caspase-3 activityNia Wedhas
Molecular Genetics Division, Musculoskeletal Disease Center, Jerry L Pettis VA Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
FASEB J 19:1986-97. 2005Mechanosensitive cation channels (MSC) are ubiquitous in eukaryotic cell types. However, the physiological functions of MSC in several tissues remain in question. In this study we have investigated the role of MSC in skeletal myogenesis...
- In vitro activated human T lymphocytes very efficiently attach to allogenic multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells and transmigrate under themDomizio Suva
Orthopedic Surgery Service, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
J Cell Physiol 214:588-94. 2008The regulatory effect of human multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells (MSC) on allogenic T lymphocytes is extremely powerful and of important clinical relevance, but the mechanisms underlying this process are not fully elucidated...
- [Effect of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell infusion on hemato-poiesis in mice with aplastic anemia]Yong Lan Huang
Department of Pediatrics, Guangzhou Maternal and Neonatal Hospital, Guangzhou 510180, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 15:1005-8. 2007..Thirty BALB/c female mice were divided into AA model group, MSC group and radiation group...
- Instant stem cell therapy: characterization and concentration of human mesenchymal stem cells in vitroP Kasten
Orthopaedic Surgery Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstr 200A, D 69118 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur Cell Mater 16:47-55. 2008In regenerative medicine, there is an approach to avoid expansion of the mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) before implantation...
- Overexpression of CNTF in Mesenchymal Stem Cells reduces demyelination and induces clinical recovery in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis miceZhengqi Lu
Department of Neurology, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, 600 Tianhe Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510630, China
J Neuroimmunol 206:58-69. 2009..MSCs transfected by Ad-CNTF-IRES-EGFP (MSC-CNTF) were injected intravenously into EAE mice 10 days after the immunization...
- Long-term survival and characterisation of human umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stem cells on dermal equivalentsRebekka K Schneider
Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Differentiation 79:182-93. 2010..Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) of the Wharton's Jelly of the umbilical cord (UC-MSC) express pluripotency markers underlining their primitive ..
- Allogeneic administration of fetal membrane-derived mesenchymal stem cells attenuates acute myocarditis in ratsShin Ishikane
Department of Perinatology, National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:753-61. 2010We reported previously that the autologous administration of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (BM-MSC) significantly attenuated myocardial dysfunction and injury in a rat model of acute myocarditis by stimulating angiogenesis ..
- Culture media conditioned by heat-shocked osteoblasts enhances the osteogenesis of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cellsChao Peng Ye
Stem Cell Laboratory, Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, 119074 Singapore
Cell Biochem Funct 25:267-76. 2007Osteogenic cells differentiated from bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells (MSC) hold much promise in bone tissue engineering and reconstructive surgery...
- Identification of distal cis-regulatory elements at mouse mitoferrin loci using zebrafish transgenesisJulio D Amigo
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:1344-56. 2011b>Mitoferrin 1 (Mfrn1; Slc25a37) and mitoferrin 2 (Mfrn2; Slc25a28) function as essential mitochondrial iron importers for heme and Fe/S cluster biogenesis...
- Tissue engineering of functional trileaflet heart valves from human marrow stromal cellsSimon P Hoerstrup
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Circulation 106:I143-50. 2002..Human marrow stromal cells (MSC) exhibit the potential to differentiate into multiple cell-lineages and can be easily obtained clinically...
- Clinical efficacy, safety and pharmacokinetics of a newly developed controlled release morphine sulphate suppository in patients with cancer painF Moolenaar
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Drug Delivery, Groningen University Institute of Drug Exploration, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 56:219-23. 2000To compare the efficacy, safety and pharmacokinetics of a newly developed controlled-release suppository (MSR) with MS Contin tablets (MSC) in cancer patients with pain.
- Multidistrict human mesenchymal vascular cells: pluripotency and stemness characteristicsGianandrea Pasquinelli
Clinical and Surgical Pathology, Department of Radiological and Histocytopathological Clinical Sciences, S Orsola Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Cytotherapy 12:275-87. 2010..Recently mesenchymal stromal cells (MSC) have been isolated from different human vascular segments (VW MSC), belying the previous view that the vessel wall ..
- Changing genetic world of IVF, stem cells and PGD. C. Embryogenesis and the differentiation of the haemopoietic systemR G Edwards
Reprod Biomed Online 11:777-85. 2005..in mesoderm and yolk sac, as interactions arise between haemopoietic stem cells (HSC) and mesenchymal stem cells (MSC)...
- Cryopreserved human bone marrow mononuclear cells as a source of mesenchymal stromal cells: application in osteoporosis researchA Casado-Díaz
SANYRES XXI Grupo PRASA, Cordoba, Spain
Cytotherapy 10:460-8. 2008Mesenchymal stromal cells (MSC) are an invaluable tool for research and therapeutic application regarding degenerative diseases such as osteoporosis.
- Glycomics of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells can be used to evaluate their cellular differentiation stageAnnamari Heiskanen
Glykos Finland Ltd, Helsinki, Finland
Glycoconj J 26:367-84. 2009..The MSC glycome was compared to the glycome of corresponding osteogenically differentiated cells...
- Timing of induction of cardiomyocyte differentiation for in vitro cultured mesenchymal stem cells: a perspective for emergenciesZeynep Tokcaer-Keskin
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Bilkent University, Ankara 06800, Turkey
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 87:143-50. 2009..Our goal was to investigate the possibility of obtaining functional cardiomyocytes from rat MSC within a shorter time period...
- Alpha-keto acid metabolites of naturally occurring organoselenium compounds as inhibitors of histone deacetylase in human prostate cancer cellsJeong In Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 2:683-93. 2009..Se-Methyl-L-selenocysteine (MSC) and selenomethionine are amino acid components of selenium-enriched yeast...
- Real-time control of oxic phase using pH (mV)-time profile in swine wastewater treatmentC H Ga
Department of Animal Life System, Kangwon National University, Hyoja 2, 192 1 Chunchon 200 701, South Korea
J Hazard Mater 172:61-7. 2009..The nitrogen break point (NBP) on the moving slope change (MSC) of the pH (mV) was designated as a real-time control point, and a pilot-scale sequencing batch reactor (18 m(3)) ..
- Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cellsMasanobu Ohishi
Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Cell Biochem 109:277-82. 2010..In addition, both a systematic phenotypic in vivo characterization of the MSC population and the development of a reproducible and faithful in vivo assay that would test the ability of MSCs to ..
- Injectable, rapid gelling and highly flexible hydrogel composites as growth factor and cell carriersFeng Wang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Acta Biomater 6:1978-91. 2010..composites capable of releasing insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) and delivering mesenchymal stromal cell (MSC) were developed...
- Operational boundaries for nitrite accumulation in nitrification based on minimum/maximum substrate concentrations that include effects of oxygen limitation, pH, and free ammonia and free nitrous acid inhibitionSeongjun Park
Center for Environmental Biotechnology, Biodesign Institute at Arizona State University, 1001 South McAllister Avenue, Tempe, Arizona 85287 5701, USA
Environ Sci Technol 44:335-42. 2010..We define all three values as the MSC values...
- Wilms tumor cells with WT1 mutations have characteristic features of mesenchymal stem cells and express molecular markers of paraxial mesodermBrigitte Royer-Pokora
Institute of Human Genetics and Anthropology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf D 40225, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 19:1651-68. 2010..lines are highly similar to human mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) and FACS analysis demonstrated the expression of MSC-specific surface proteins CD105, CD90 and CD73...
- The performance of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell--implant complexes prepared by cell sheet engineering techniquesWei Zhou
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, PR China
Biomaterials 31:3212-21. 2010..the hypothesis that cell sheets composed of multilayered rabbit bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) could be assembled with two kinds of implants (surface-modified titanium and zirconia) for the construction of a ..
- Mesenchymal stromal cells to treat cardiovascular disease: strategies to improve survival and therapeutic resultsW A Noort
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Panminerva Med 52:27-40. 2010..Most promising results have been reported thus far on mesenchymal stem cells (MSC)...
- A quantitative method to evaluate mesenchymal stem cell lipofection using real-time PCRS C Ribeiro
IBB Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Centre for Biological and Chemical Engineering, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Av Rovisco Pais, 1049 001 Lisboa, Portugal
Biotechnol Prog 26:1501-4. 2010Genetic modification of human mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) is a powerful tool to improve the therapeutic utility of these cells and to increase the knowledge on their regulation mechanisms...
- Profiling gene expression induced by protease-activated receptor 2 (PAR2) activation in human kidney cellsJacky Y Suen
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 5:e13809. 2010..fold (DUSP6, WWOX, AREG, SERPINB2) and down-regulated another six genes more than 3 fold (TXNIP, RARG, ITGB4, CTSD, MSC and TM4SF15)...
- Differential effects of platelet rich plasma and washed platelets on the proliferation of mouse MSC cellsJianmin Duan
Department of Stomatology, Guangzhou General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Command, 111 Liuhua Road, 510010, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 38:2485-90. 2011Multipotent mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) therapies are being tested clinically for a variety of disorders...
- Human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells ameliorate mice trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid (TNBS)-induced colitisLu Liang
State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Hospital of Blood Diseases, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Tianjin, PR China
Cell Transplant 20:1395-408. 2011..The levels of IL-17 and IL-23 as well as IFN-γ and IL-6 were significantly lower in the colon tissues of the hUC-MSC-treated mice in comparison with the vehicle-treated mice...
- Osteogenic differentiation of miniature pig mesenchymal stem cells in 2D and 3D environmentJ Juhásová
Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics, Academy of Sciences, Libechov, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 60:559-71. 2011..expected effects of collagen I and vitronectin on the acceleration of osteogenic differentiation of miniature pig MSC. Our results indicate similar ability of miniature pig MSCs osteogenic differentiation in 2D and 3D environment, ..
- Monitoring human mesenchymal stromal cell differentiation by electrochemical impedance sensingMichael Angstmann
Mannheim University of Applied Sciences, Biotechnology, Mannheim, Germany
Cytotherapy 13:1074-89. 2011For their wide mesodermal differentiation potential, mesenchymal stromal/stem cells (MSC) are attractive candidates for tissue engineering...
- Legionella eliminated with no 'side-effects'Stuart Watkin
North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
Health Estate 65:41-5. 2011Stuart Watkin BEng (Hons) MSc CEng MIHEEM, head of Engineering Compliance & Energy at North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust, reports on a recent six-month trial, at the Trust's University Hospital of North Tees, of a new ..
- Mesenchymal stem cells restore orientation and exploratory behavior of rats after brain injuryI B Sokolova
Trans Technologies, St Petersburg, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 151:130-2. 2011We studied the effects of intravenous and intracerebral transplantation of MSC on restoration of orientation and exploratory behavior of Wistar-Kyoto rats after removal of the left motor cortex...
- Apparent behaviour of charged and neutral materials with ellipsoidal fibre distributions and cross-validation of finite element implementationsThomas Nagel
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, School of Engineering, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater 9:122-9. 2012..User material codes for the commercial FE software packages Abaqus and MSC Marc are provided for use by other investigators...
- Brief report: The potential role of epigenetics on multipotent cell differentiation capacity of mesenchymal stromal cellsGustavo Yannarelli
Cell Therapy Program, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Stem Cells 31:215-20. 2013..were interested in understanding how differences from human bone marrow (BM)-derived MSCs might yield insights into MSC biology. We found that HUCPVCs exhibited increased telomerase activity and longer telomeres compared with BM-MSCs...
- Insulin is essential for in vitro chondrogenesis of mesenchymal progenitor cells and influences chondrogenesis in a dose-dependent mannerMichael B Mueller
Department for Trauma Surgery, University of Regensburg Medical Center, Regensburg, Germany
Int Orthop 37:153-8. 2013..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether insulin is essential for MSC chondrogenesis and if there is a dose-dependent effect of insulin on MSC chondrogenesis.
- Development of innovative biopolymers and related composites for bone tissue regeneration: study of their interaction with human osteoprogenitor cellsMaria Assunta Basile
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Appl Biomater Funct Mater 10:210-4. 2012..aiming to improve the properties of poly(ε-caprolactone) (PCL)-based devices, we prepared novel composites and tested their in vitro biocompatibility and osteogenic capacity on human mesenchymal stromal cells (MSC) from bone marrow.
- Mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in multiple sclerosisJeffrey A Cohen
Mellen Center, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH, USA Electronic address
J Neurol Sci 333:43-9. 2013..The overall published experience with MSC transplantation in MS is modest, but several small case series and preliminary studies yielded promising results...
- Mycobacterial pseudotumor of the plantar fascia: how common is it?Panagiotis A Sideras
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Clin Imaging 37:802-5. 2013Mycobacterial spindle cell pseudotumor (MSCP) is an extremely rare complication of mycobacterial infections. It has been reported to occur in various sites such as skin, lymph nodes, bone marrow, lungs, and spleen...
- Overexpression of hsa-miR-125b during osteoblastic differentiation does not influence levels of Runx2, osteopontin, and ALPL gene expressionM T Pinto
Instituto Nacional de Ciência e Tecnologia em Células Tronco e Terapia Celular, Centro Regional de Hemoterapia de Ribeirão Preto, Ribeirão PretoSP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 46:676-80. 2013..Although the molecular mechanisms that control MSC proliferation and differentiation are not well understood, the involvement of microRNAs has been reported...
- Structural disorder in expanding the functionome of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetasesXiang Lei Yang
Departments of Chemical Physiology and Cell and Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA Electronic address
Chem Biol 20:1093-9. 2013..incorporation of new domains and motifs to AARSs and coincides with the emergence of the multi-synthetase complex (MSC) during the course of eukaryotic evolution...
- Obstructive sleep apnea is associated with preserved bone mineral density in healthy elderly subjectsEmilia Sforza
Service de Physiologie Clinique et de l Exercice, CHU Nord, Saint Etienne, Faculte de Medecine Jacques Lisfranc, PRES de Lyon 42023, Université Jean Monnet, Saint Etienne, France
Sleep 36:1509-15. 2013Chronic intermittent hypoxia (IH) acts as a stimulator of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) mobilization, intensifying osteoblast formation in animal models...
- Hypoxic conditioned medium from human amniotic fluid-derived mesenchymal stem cells accelerates skin wound healing through TGF-β/SMAD2 and PI3K/Akt pathwaysEun Kyoung Jun
Laboratory of Cell Function Regulation, College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul 136 717, Korea
Int J Mol Sci 15:605-28. 2014..human amniotic fluid (AF)-derived mesenchymal stem cells (AF-MSCs) and utilized normoxic conditioned medium (AF-MSC-norCM) which has been shown to accelerate cutaneous wound healing...
- Isolation, expansion and characterization of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells in serum-free conditionsSanjay Gottipamula
Stempeutics Research Pvt Ltd, Shirdi Sai Baba Cancer Hospital, Manipal, India
Cell Tissue Res 356:123-35. 2014..stringent regulatory compliance and prefer the use of serum-free media (SFM) or xeno-free media (XFM) for the MSC production process, starting from the isolation onwards...
- Iron regulatory protein-1 protects against mitoferrin-1-deficient porphyriaJacky Chung
From the Division of Hematology, Brigham and Women s Hospital Division of Hematology Oncology, Boston Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Biol Chem 289:7835-43. 2014..In developing erythrocytes, iron is imported into the mitochondria by MFRN1 (mitoferrin-1, SLC25A37)...
- Degradable hydrogels for spatiotemporal control of mesenchymal stem cells localized at decellularized bone allograftsMichael D Hoffman
University of Rochester, Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Rochester, 207 Robert B Goergen Hall, Box 270168, Rochester, NY 14627 0168, USA University of Rochester, Department of Orthopaedics and Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, 207 Robert B Goergen Hall, Box 270168, Rochester, NY 14627 0168, USA
Acta Biomater 10:3431-41. 2014..degradation of poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) hydrogels can be used to spatiotemporally control encapsulated MSC localization to decellularized bone allografts, both in vitro and in vivo...
- Mesenchymal stem cells suppress T cells by inducing apoptosis and through PD-1/B7-H1 interactionsZhidong Yan
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Malignant Tumor Epigenetics and Gene Regulation, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China Department of Respiratory Medicine, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China
Immunol Lett 162:248-55. 2014..that the PD-1/B7-H1 pathway was not related to the elevated immunosuppressive cytokines including IL-10 and TGF-β1 which in turn played dispensable roles in the up-regulation of PD-1 on activated Tconv in MSC-Tconv co-culture systems.
- Coordinated regulation of mesenchymal stem cell differentiation on microstructured titanium surfaces by endogenous bone morphogenetic proteinsRene Olivares-Navarrete
Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University, 601 West Main Street, Richmond, VA, USA
Bone 73:208-16. 2015..They produce bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs), which regulate MSC differentiation and bone formation via autocrine/paracrine mechanisms that are modulated by changes in BMP mRNA and ..
- Collagen-low molecular weight hyaluronic acid semi-interpenetrating network loaded with gelatin microspheres for cell and growth factor delivery for nucleus pulposus regenerationRoman Tsaryk
Institute of Pathology, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany Electronic address
Acta Biomater 20:10-21. 2015..Importantly, it supported the growth and chondrogenic differentiation potential of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) and nasal chondrocytes (NC) in vitro and in vivo...
- Radio-resistant mesenchymal stem cells: mechanisms of resistance and potential implications for the clinicNils H Nicolay
Department of Radiation Oncology, Heidelberg University Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Oncotarget 6:19366-80. 2015..The underlying mechanisms for the observed MSC radioresistance have been extensively studied and may involve efficient DNA damage recognition, double strand break ..
- Small intestinal submucosa-derived extracellular matrix bioscaffold significantly enhances angiogenic factor secretion from human mesenchymal stromal cellsXin Lin
Department of Surgery, UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, USA
Stem Cell Res Ther 6:164. 2015..post-transplant, along with harsh donor site microenvironments, are major barriers to the clinical success of MSC therapies...
- Hydrogel biophysical properties instruct coculture-mediated osteogenic potentialKaitlin C Murphy
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Davis, California, USA and Department of Biophysics, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
FASEB J 30:477-86. 2016..of endothelial progenitor cells capable of vasculogenesis in vivo and may provide endogenous cues to support MSC function...
- The cytokine-mediated crosstalk between primary human acute myeloid cells and mesenchymal stem cells alters the local cytokine network and the global gene expression profile of the mesenchymal cellsHakon Reikvam
Section for Hematology, Department of Clinical Science, University of Bergen, Norway Department of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway Department of Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Stem Cell Res 15:530-41. 2015..Coculture had only minor effects on MSC proliferation...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1 mediates changes of bone marrow stem cells during the bone repair processKiyotaka Okada
Department of Physiology and Regenerative Medicine, Kinki University Faculty of Medicine, Osakasayama, Osaka, Japan and
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 310:E15-23. 2016..We analyzed the HSC and MSC populations in these tissues of a mouse with femoral bone damage by using flow cytometry...
- Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (JR-031) for steroid-refractory grade III or IV acute graft-versus-host disease: a phase II/III studyKazuo Muroi
Division of Cell Transplantation and Transfusion, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, 329 0498, Japan
Int J Hematol 103:243-50. 2016..The number of infused MSCs and the number of MSC infusions were the same as the phase I/II study...
- Mesenchymal stem cell-conditioned media suppresses inflammation-associated overproliferation of pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells in a rat model of pulmonary hypertensionJunfeng Liu
Laboratory of Tissue Engineering and Stem Cells, Guiyang Medical College, Guiyang, Guizhou 550004, P R China Department of Pediatrics, Affiliated Hospital of Guiyang Medical College, Guiyang, Guizhou 550004, P R China Department of Pediatrics, The General Hospital of Huabei Oil Field Company, Renqiu, Hebei 062552, P R China
Exp Ther Med 11:467-475. 2016..The administration of mesenchymal stem cell-conditioned media (MSC-CM) has displayed benefits in the treatment of PH, however, the exact mechanism has yet to be elucidated...
- PME58 plays a role in pectin distribution during seed coat mucilage extrusion through homogalacturonan modificationAmélie Turbant
Unité Biologie des Plantes et Innovation BIOPI EA3900, Universite de Picardie Jules Verne, 80039 Amiens, France
J Exp Bot 67:2177-90. 2016..by ruthenium red when compared to wild-type seeds, but only in the presence of EDTA, a Ca(2+)chelator; and (ii) the MSC surface area was decreased...
- A novel platelet lysate hydrogel for endothelial cell and mesenchymal stem cell-directed neovascularizationScott T Robinson
Emory University, Department of Surgery, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Acta Biomater 36:86-98. 2016Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) hold promise in promoting vascular regeneration of ischemic tissue in conditions like critical limb ischemia of the leg...
- DMSO- and Serum-Free Cryopreservation of Wharton's Jelly Tissue Isolated From Human Umbilical CordSharath Belame Shivakumar
Department of Theriogenology and Biotechnology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, 501, Jinju daero, Jinju, 660 701, Republic of Korea
J Cell Biochem 117:2397-412. 2016The facile nature of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) acquisition in relatively large numbers has made Wharton's jelly (WJ) tissue an alternative source of MSCs for regenerative medicine...
- Immune modulation with primed mesenchymal stem cells delivered via biodegradable scaffold to repair an Achilles tendon segmental defectErdem Aktas
Department of Orthopedics, Ankara Oncology Research and Training Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Orthop Res 35:269-280. 2017..Mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) therapy has shown promise as a new technology to enhance soft tissue and bone healing...
- Heat Shock Effects on Human Mesenchymal Stem Cell Differentiation in HydrogelSihong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, the PI proposes to conduct a comprehensive study on heat shock effects on mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) proliferation and differentiation to investigate our hypothesis - that mild temperature increase may facilitate ..
- JEFFREY ALAN COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2014..I clinical trial that will assess the MS-relevant in vivo immunologic effects of autologous mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) transplantation...
- Use of umbilical cord as a unique stem cell source for tissue regenerationXiao Dong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our previous studies demonstrated that cellular extracellular matrix (ECM) made by bone marrow cells enhanced MSC attachment and proliferation, and retained their stem cell properties (Chen, et al, 2007, JBMR, 22:1943)...
- Min Du; Fiscal Year: 2014..Myocytes, adipocytes and fibroblasts in fetal SM are derived from mesenchymal stem cells (MSC)...
- FRANCESCO B RAMIREZ; Fiscal Year: 2014..is an essential component of the BM microenvironment that specifies the performance of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) and hematopoietic stem cells (HSC)...
- MSC Therapy & Immune Response in Children with Osteogenesis ImperfectaEdwin M Horwitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Basic Science Discoveries into New and Better Treatments," by building on three critical observations in our MSC research...
- Multilineage regulation of mesenchymal stem cell differentiation by microRNAsGlyn Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this proposal we will investigate the role of specific microRNAs and their gene targets on MSC differentiation...
- Devendra K Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 3: Test the hypothesis that down-regulation of Wnt/2-catenin signaling promotes MSC differentiation to endothelial cells at the injury site in coronary arteries...
- Engineering Stem Cell Niches to Guide DifferentiationDANIELLE A TSOU; Fiscal Year: 2011..studies have demonstrated that stiffness of the extracellular matrix (ECM) guides adult mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) differentiation into osteoblastic, skeletal muscular and neural lineages, suggesting that the mechanical ..
- Cristin M Ferguson; Fiscal Year: 2014..this training project is designed to facilitate a long-term career goal of creating a mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) seeded meniscus scaffold construct that emulates native meniscus biology and function...
- Ligament engineering; Effect of gene induction and cyclic stretchROBYN SHAFFER; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that the fiber architecture of the biomaterial, namely fiber orientation and diameter, will affect MSC response to mechancial stretch and the subsequent development of extracellular matrix...
- 3D Co-culture with Micropatternable Hydrogels to Promote Fibrous Tissue FormationJOHNNA SUE TEMENOFF; Fiscal Year: 2010..to date, there has been great difficulty in designing the optimal delivery timing, dosage and carrier material for MSC-based therapies due to the dearth of knowledge about how interactions between MSCs and resident fibroblasts cause ..
- Mechano-Chemical Regulation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in three-Dimensional MatrixRokhaya Diop; Fiscal Year: 2010..Based on our preliminary studies, we hypothesize that cyclic mechanical strain promotes MSC differentiation into vascular smooth muscle cells (SMCs) and enhance matrix production in 3D vascular graft ..
- Engineering of Vascularized BoneJeremy J Mao; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our preliminary data, as documented in a recent report in PloS One, demonstrate that co- transplantation of MSC and HSC lineages yielded vascularized ectopic bone, more significantly than the transplantation of MSC or HSC alone...
- Julie C Liu; Fiscal Year: 2014..e. ligand presentation and crosslinking density) can be used to modulate both mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) chondrogenesis and chondrocyte hypertrophy...
- Multicenter Cartilage Repair Preclinical Trial in HorsesConstance R Chu; Fiscal Year: 2010..gradient centrifugation and culture expansion of what has been classically described as mesenchymal stem cells (MSC). Both strategies will be studied for one year in an equine cartilage injury model...
- FENG C LIN; Fiscal Year: 2015..production in the regulation of bone balance using cross-implantation studies where mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) form ectopic bone in porous ceramic carriers...
- Genetically Altered Mesenchymal Stem Cell;Paracrine Effect on NeovascularizationVictor J Dzau; Fiscal Year: 2012We have previously demonstrated that mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), when injected into rodent hearts following myocardial infarction (MI), enhance myocardial repair and restore cardiac function...
- Dean T Yamaguchi; Fiscal Year: 2016..in the inflammatory phase of osteogenic healing and by 2) stimulating the chemoattraction of MSCs, resulting in MSC condensation that leads to osteogenic differentiation of MSCs. The specific aims are: 1...
- LOUIS CHARLES GERSTENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2015..Bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP2) plays an essential role in promoting mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) osteogenic differentiation;while vascular endothelia growth factors (VEGFs) play crucial roles in the recruitment ..
- Selvarangan Ponnazhagan; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The potential of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) in regenerative medicine is increasingly gaining attention...
- GENE TARGETING STRATEGIES FOR THE TREATMENT OF OSTEOGENESIS IMPERFECTADavid W Russell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Transplantation methods for gene-targeted MSCs will be studied in a rabbit model to optimize long-term MSC engraftment rates and determine safety...
- Wei Yao; Fiscal Year: 2015..Previous attempts to use systematic MSC transplantation have failed to regenerate bone due to inability of the transplanted MSCs to home to bone...
- Targeting bone homing of the MSCs to augment bone formationWei Yao; Fiscal Year: 2010..Based on these observations, we hypothesize that bone marrow progenitor cell (MSC) attachment and osteogenic differentiation would be achieved when they are "guided" to bone surface that is rich in ..
- Mesenchymal stem cells and the microenvironmentChristopher S Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Together, these studies will define roles of cell adhesion, RhoA, and cytoskeletal tension in MSC lineage commitment, and establish a molecular basis for the regulation of MSC differentiation by microenvironmental ..
- Imaging evidence: Is there competition between marrow fat and bone?Wei Shen; Fiscal Year: 2010..studies suggest that adipocytes in bone marrow and osteoblasts share the same precursor, mesenchymal stem cells (MSC). Human imaging studies [i.e...
- Barbara D Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2015..will (1) develop and characterize at the nanoscale, surface features and chemical functionalities that may modulate MSC differentiation and osteoblast phenotypic expression;(2) determine the mechanisms that mediate the differential ..
- Khalid A Shah; Fiscal Year: 2014..In this proposal, we will create toxin resistant human mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) for on-site delivery of targeted nanobodies and cytotoxic agents to simultaneously block proliferation and induce ..
- Development of an adipose-derived stem cell isolation matrixMARTYN DARBY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Based on our results with MSC isolation, we envision that a product consisting of a solid support matrix coupled to our ASC-binding peptide would ..
- Joshua M Hare; Fiscal Year: 2015..To establish the safety and efficacy of bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) therapy for patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy...
- Paul S Frenette; Fiscal Year: 2016..have identified that the cellular target of the SNS in the BM is a bona fide self-renewing mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) marked by Nestin expression...
- Tiffany N Vo; Fiscal Year: 2015..that the injectable hydrogel will provide a supportive and mineralized substrate for mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) proliferation, enable osteogenic differentiation in vitro, and promote bone regeneration in vivo...
- JANET E RUBIN; Fiscal Year: 2014..stem cells (MSCs) in bone marrow provide progenitors for both adipocyte and osteoblast cells and the output of the MSC pool reflects a reciprocal relationship between these two lineages...
- Stem Cell Behavior in Complex Microfluidic GradientsSUSAN RENEE OPALENIK; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, those chemokines or combinations of chemokines and local oxygen concentrations that elicit MSC recruitment to sites of tissue damage and their subsequent proliferation and differentiation within the wound ..
- Farhad Parhami; Fiscal Year: 2015..as intermediaries of cholesterol metabolism, have potent osteogenic effects on multipotent mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) in vitro...
- Wendy A Woodward; Fiscal Year: 2016..We propose, using organotypic co-cultures, a novel MSC/IBC xenograft that recapitulates the IBC phenotype, and an innovative, erasable multiplexing, hyperspectral ..
- Andres J Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) represent a promising cell source for regenerative medicine applications...
- William Roy Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>MSC potential is preserved by a signaling cascade, which is initiated at focal adhesions (FAs) setting off a cascade of ..
- Radhika R Pochampally; Fiscal Year: 2016..Indeed, a more detailed understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in MSC survival and the resultant stromal supportive functions, is essential for improving the design and selection of ..
- Timothy A Miller; Fiscal Year: 2015..We demonstrated that human mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) seeded in collagen scaffolds exhibit accelerated and robust mineralization and bone formation in comparison to ..
- The Use of Erythropoietin to Reprogram Oral and Craniofacial Stem CellsRUSSELL S contact TAICHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have also purified mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) population that maintains its multi-lineage potential both in vivo and in vitro...
- Matrix Metalloproteases Regulate Mesenchymal Stem CellsZena Werb; Fiscal Year: 2006..for fostering stem cells for several lineages including hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) and mesenchymal stem cells (MSC). Skeletal stem cells appear to be derived in part from the stromal component of the bone marrow...
- FUNCTION AND REGULATION OF OSTEONECTIN IN BONEAnne M Delany; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) give rise to both osteoblasts and adipocytes, and MSC lineage allocation is altered in aging...
- Bone Marrow Adiposity, Bone and Body CompositionAnn V Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2012..Animal and cell models suggest that marrow adiposity is linked to mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) allocation in the marrow...
- Genetics of Osteoblast DifferentiationMatthew Aaron Hibbs; Fiscal Year: 2012..measure whole genome transcriptional dynamics using RNA-seq technology throughout the differentiation process from MSC to mature osteoblast in purified cell cultures derived from 5 diverse strains of laboratory mouse...
- Glycemic derangement and osteogenic cells:A model of Premature skeletal agingKENDALL MOSELEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..alterations in factors present in the circulation disrupt the bone microenvironment resulting in reduced MSC proliferation and differentiation, diminished matrix mineralization and impaired defense against oxidative stress ..
- Robert L Mauck; Fiscal Year: 2016..laboratory that degrade via both hydrolytic and enzymatic mechanisms will be investigated as 3D networks to promote MSC chondrogenesis and construct maturation...
- Mary C Nakamura; Fiscal Year: 2016..3) Determine the effect of aging on macrophage and mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) interactions and determine the requirement for the myeloid cell receptor TREM2 in macrophage: MSC interactions
- Mandibular Cartilage Regeneration In Situ by Endogenous Stem Cell RecruitmentWendy S Vanden Berg-Foels; Fiscal Year: 2013..of growth factors that induce chemotaxis, proliferation, and differentiation of endogenous mesenchymal stem cells (MSC). Local MSC sources for synovial joints include the synovial membrane (sMSC) and the bone marrow (bMSC)...
- Novel Regulators of Osteoblast DifferentiationDallas Jones; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Skeletal patterning begins during embryogenesis when mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) condensate into elements that prefigure the future bone...
- PHILIP ROPER; Fiscal Year: 2015..This pathway has now become of great interest to us because it is a key pathway in driving mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) differentiation to osteoblasts and chondrocytes, two key cell types in maintaining normal bone homeostasis and ..
- Endosteal Adipose in Age-Associated OsteopeniaKURT DAVID HANKENSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..First, the differentiation of marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) to adipocytes may limit osteoblast differentiation (H1: Differentiation shift)...
- Point of Care Adult Stem Cell IsolationMARTYN DARBY; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have identified and synthesized an MSC-binding peptide that can isolate adult stem cells from bone marrow and adipose tissue, and these isolated cells are ..
- Osteoblasts and their mesenchymal progenitors in myelomaJoshua Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..also elucidate in vitro the nature and consequences of interactions between myeloma cells and bone marrow-derived MSC on osteoblast differentiation and survival and on myeloma cell survival (Specific Aim 2)...
- BMP6 Induction of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cell Osteoblast DifferentiationKURT DAVID HANKENSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our long-term programmatic goal is to utilize adult marrow-derived mesenchymal progenitors (mesenchymal stem cells - MSC) in tissue engineered constructs to repair craniofacial and long bone defects...
- Norma S Kenyon; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Our goal is to identify a safe and optimally effective mesenchymal stem cell (MSC)-based co-transplant protocol that can be tested in the clinical setting to improve long-term islet and renal ..
- Margot S Damaser; Fiscal Year: 2014..SA3. Determine the receptor-mediated mechanisms of MSC homing &accelerated functional recovery from vaginal delivery...
- Differentiation of Cord Blood Mesenchymal Stem Cells to Corneal EndotheliumNancy C Joyce; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 1 will establish a set of baseline characteristics for MSCs and HCEC that can be used to follow MSC differentiation to HCEC-like cells...
- RUBIE ANN RAKIAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..The proposed research studies will address the capacity of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) to regenerate the oral mucosa epithelium by mimicking an environment in vitro similar to that seen in the human ..
- Khalid A Shah; Fiscal Year: 2016..Based on our recent findings that encapsulation of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) is necessary to prevent rapid "wash- out" of stem cells post-transplantation in the tumor resection cavity, we ..
- Skin Regeneration with Stem Cells and ScaffoldsSUSAN RENEE OPALENIK; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have published evidence that the bone marrow is a rich source of wound fibroblasts, and mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) from the MRL mouse enhance healing due in part to elevated sFRP-1...
- Adonis K Hijaz; Fiscal Year: 2014..from VD induced SUI;c) following VD, expression of monocyte chemotactic protein-3 (MCP-3)- a mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) homing cytokine- is dramatically increased in the urethra;and d) selective homing of intravenously infused MSCs to ..
- Margot S Damaser; Fiscal Year: 2014..The experiments of SO1 are designed to determine the most effective dosage and timing of MSC or CCM delivery to facilitate recovery from VD...
- Development of an In Vivo Stem Cell Tracking Method Using Ultrasound ImagingFlordeliza S Villanueva; Fiscal Year: 2010..The overall hypothesis to be tested is that MSC uptake of the microbubbles will enable in vivo visualization of stem cell trafficking using clinically available ..
- Targeted cell therapy for the treatment of ventricular tachycardiaKENNETH LAURITA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Importantly, studies from our laboratory using mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) therapy have shown that electrical viability in scar tissue can be partially restored due to, in part, a direct ..
- MAINTENANCE OF ORGAN FUNCTION FOLLOWING INJURYIrshad H Chaudry; Fiscal Year: 2012..e., administration of genetically modified bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) to over-express ER will upregulate ERs in cells and improve organ function after T-H even in the absence of ..
- Immunosuppression by Adult Stem CellsYufang Shi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Next, we will determine the molecular mechanisms of the regulation of IDO and NO in mouse and human MSC. Since MSC-mediated immunosuppression occurs through inflammatory cytokine-upregulation of iNOS/IDO and chemokines, ..
- Isolation of novel mesenchymal stem cell subpopulationsBuddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2009..mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) improves cardiac function, remodeling, and perfusion after MI, the extents of MSC-induced angiogenesis, myogenesis, and antiapoptotic and `paracrine effects'have been inconsistent in studies ..
- LUIS ALBERTO ORTIZ; Fiscal Year: 2016..in the biology of IPF, lung vascular biology, heart failure, and bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) biology at the University of Pittsburgh and established a collaboration with the NIH HLBI sponsored Production ..
- Reprogramming of endothelial cells for improved cardiomyogenicity in vivoMELISSA ANN THAL; Fiscal Year: 2012..For instance, mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) treated with 5'Azacytidine have an increase in cardiomyocyte differentiation and they improve cardiac ..
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Treatment of Retinal DiseasesMartin L Katz; Fiscal Year: 2011..3) Determine whether the donor MSC effect is due to transfer the PPT1 protein to cells of the host mouse retina...
- Sogol Mostoufi-Moab; Fiscal Year: 2016..formation within the bone marrow cavity, where hormones and transcription factors regulate mesenchyme stem cell (MSC) differentiation into osteoblasts or osteocytes...
- Processing and Preservation of Human Umbilical Cord Stem Cells for Cell TherapeutAlfred Bahnson; Fiscal Year: 2010..These cells have a mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) phenotype and differentiate to musculoskeletal lineages...
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells To Mitigate and Treat Cutaneous Injury Following RadiationWilliam H McBride; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will use implants of cells that migrate into wounds called mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) to correct these forms of radiation skin damage...
- Buddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The outcomes of cardiac repair with bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell (MSC), a highly heterogeneous cell population, have been variable and generally suboptimal...
- Matrix-induced Myogenesis & Pharmaco-Screens of MSCsDennis Discher; Fiscal Year: 2009..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Matrix-induced Myogenesis &Pharmaco-Screens of MSCs Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSC) are capable of differentiating into many tissue lineages, including muscle, leading to the belief that such cells ..
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Myocardial InfarctionRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2006..In this protocol we are proposing to use a commercial source of allogeneic rat mesenchymal stem cells (MSC)...
- Cell-Based Therapy for Dystrophic Epidermolysis BullosaOlga Igoucheva; Fiscal Year: 2009..Bone marrow contains mesenchymal progenitor cells, called mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), that have several unique properties suggesting the feasibility of their use as a therapeutic vehicle: (1) a ..
- Developing Biomaterial Scaffolds That Delay Senescence in Mesenchymal Stem CellsAmanda Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2009..These factors limit the clinical efficacy of MSC therapies...
- NEUROECTODERM DIFFERENTIATION FROM MESENCHYMAL STEM CELLCatherine Verfaillie; Fiscal Year: 2004We identified a population of primitive cells that is co-selected when MSC are purified from human or rodent marrow that have, at the single cell level, multilineage differentiation and extensive proliferation potential, which we named ..
- Allogeneic Placental Stem Cells for Tissue Repair and RegenerationVijay Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2010..stem cells, have multi-lineage potential beyond that of adult, bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), with the ability to differentiate to all three germ layers (ectoderm, endoderm, and mesoderm) in vivo...
- Correction of neural abnormalities in Hurler syndromePankaj Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2003..The investigators recently enriched and expanded a non-hematopoietic, multipotent mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) from post-natal human bone marrow, which can be differentiated in vitro into various types of neuronal and glial ..
- Restoring Hematopoiesis Following Radiation InjuryAmelia Bartholomew; Fiscal Year: 2005..Since mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) can be induced to differentiate into the in vivo components of the bone marrow microenvironment, it is likely that ..
- Pre-Clinical Trial of MSC-Based Therapy for CNS DiseaseDonald G Phinney; Fiscal Year: 2010..Correlating MSC engraftment in brain with long-term affects on health, development, behavior and motor function will directly ..