Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RASSF1A
Description: Ras association domain family member 1
Alias: 123F2, NORE2A, RASSF1A, RDA32, REH3P21, ras association domain-containing protein 1, Ras association (RalGDS/AF-6) domain family member 1, WUGSC:H_LUCA12.5, cardiac-specific ras association domain family 1 protein, pancreas-specific ras association domain family 1 protein, tumor suppressor protein RDA32
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- Value of p16INK4a and RASSF1A promoter hypermethylation in prognosis of patients with resectable non-small cell lung cancerJie Wang
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:6119-25. 2004The p16INK4a and RASSF1A are tumor suppressor genes frequently inactivated by de novo promoter hypermethylation in non-small cell lung cancer...
- Mitotic kinase Aurora-A phosphorylates RASSF1A and modulates RASSF1A-mediated microtubule interaction and M-phase cell cycle regulationR Rong
Department of Pharmacology, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Oncogene 26:7700-8. 2007b>RASSF1A (RAS-association domain family 1, isoform A) is a newer tumor suppressor that binds to and stabilizes microtubules as well as induces M-phase cell cycle arrest...
- Promoter hypermethylation of RASSF1A and RUNX3 genes as an independent prognostic prediction marker in surgically resected non-small cell lung cancersNaoki Yanagawa
Department of Pathology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iida nishi, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
Lung Cancer 58:131-8. 2007..after a surgical resection, we studied methylation in 10 genes (DAPK, FHIT, H-cadherin, MGMT, p14, p16, RAR-beta, RASSF1A, RUNX3, and TIMP-3) in 101 NSCLC cases by methylation-specific PCR (MSP)...
- Involvement of the RASSF1A tumor suppressor gene in controlling cell migrationAshraf Dallol
Section of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 65:7653-9. 2005We have previously shown that RASSF1A associates with the microtubules. This association alters the microtubule dynamics and seems essential for RASSF1A tumor suppressive function...
- The RASSF1A tumor suppressor gene is inactivated in prostate tumors and suppresses growth of prostate carcinoma cellsIgor Kuzmin
Intramural Research Support Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Cancer Res 62:3498-502. 2002..We found complete methylation of the RASSF1A promoter in 63% of primary microdissected prostate carcinomas (7 of 11 samples)...
- Prognostic significance of RASSF1A promoter methylation in operable breast cancerMagdalini Kioulafa
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Athens, Athens, 15771, Greece
Clin Biochem 42:970-5. 2009The aim of our study was to evaluate the prognostic significance of RASSF1A promoter methylation status in operable breast cancer.
- Methylation level of the RASSF1A promoter is an independent prognostic factor for clear-cell renal cell carcinomaY Kawai
Department of Urology, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi, Japan
Ann Oncol 21:1612-7. 2010Ras association domain family 1A (RASSF1A) is a tumor suppressor that regulates the cell cycle, apoptosis, and microtubule stability...
- Tumor suppressor RASSF1A is a microtubule-binding protein that stabilizes microtubules and induces G2/M arrestRong Rong
Department of Pharmacology, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, 750 E Adams Street Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Oncogene 23:8216-30. 2004b>RASSF1A is a putative tumor suppressor gene that is inactivated in a variety of human tumors. Expression of exogenous RASSF1A has been shown to inhibit tumor growth in vitro and in animals...
- The centrosomal protein RAS association domain family protein 1A (RASSF1A)-binding protein 1 regulates mitotic progression by recruiting RASSF1A to spindle polesMin Sup Song
Department of Biological Sciences, Biomedical Research Center, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Guseoung D, Yuseong G, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
J Biol Chem 280:3920-7. 2005The protein RAS association domain family protein 1A (RASSF1A), which is encoded by a gene that is frequently silenced in many types of sporadic tumor, functions in mitosis as a regulator of the anaphase-promoting complex (APC)...
- The prognostic value of RASSF1A promoter hypermethylation in non-small cell lung carcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysisJun Wang
Department of Oncology, General Hospital, Jinan Command of the People s Liberation Army, Tianqiao District, Jinan 250031, China
Carcinogenesis 32:411-6. 2011Inactivation of the tumor suppressor gene RASSF1A through methylation of the CpG islands within its promoter region as a prognostic factor for survival in non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) remains controversial...
- The RASSF1A tumor suppressor blocks cell cycle progression and inhibits cyclin D1 accumulationLatha Shivakumar
Department of Cell Biology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9039, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:4309-18. 2002The RASSF1A locus at 3p21.3 is epigenetically inactivated at high frequency in a variety of solid tumors. Expression of RASSF1A is sufficient to revert the tumorigenicity of human cancer cell lines...
- Release of RASSF1C from the nucleus by Daxx degradation links DNA damage and SAPK/JNK activationDaiju Kitagawa
The Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
EMBO J 25:3286-97. 2006..Our data define a novel mechanism by which the Daxx-RASSF1C complex in PML-NBs couples nuclear DNA damage to the cytoplasmic SAPK/JNK signaling pathway...
- High mutability of the tumor suppressor genes RASSF1 and RBSP3 (CTDSPL) in cancerVladimir I Kashuba
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 4:e5231. 2009..Somatic hypermutation is a powerful mechanism for generation of different mutations. It was shown previously that somatic hypermutability of proto-oncogenes can induce development of lymphomas...
- Methylation-associated down-regulation of RASSF1A and up-regulation of RASSF1C in pancreatic endocrine tumorsGiorgio Malpeli
Department of Pathology and Diagnostics, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
BMC Cancer 11:351. 2011b>RASSF1A gene silencing by DNA methylation has been suggested as a major event in pancreatic endocrine tumor (PET) but RASSF1A expression has never been studied...
- Aberrant methylation of RASSF1A is associated with poor survival in Tunisian breast cancer patientsSondes Karray-Chouayekh
Unité de Recherche Génétique du Cancer et Production de protéines thérapeutiques, Centre de Biotechnologie de Sfax, BP 1177, route Sidi Mansour, Sfax, Tunisia
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:203-10. 2010..Epigenetic gene silencing is one of the major causes of inactivation of tumor-suppressor genes in many human cancers...
- RASSF1A methylation is predictive of poor prognosis in female breast cancer in a background of overall low methylation frequencyAbdelbaset Buhmeida
Center of Excellence in Genomic Medicine Research, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Anticancer Res 31:2975-81. 2011..events in a series of key genes including Ras association (RalGDS/AF-6) domain family member 1 isoform a (RASSF1A), hypermethylated in cancer 1 (HIC1), cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A (CDKN2A), retinoic acid receptor beta (..
- Aberrant promoter methylation and silencing of the RASSF1A gene in pediatric tumors and cell linesKenichi Harada
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, TX 75390, USA
Oncogene 21:4345-9. 2002..Therefore, we examined the methylation status of nine genes (p16(INK4A), MGMT, GSTP1, RASSF1A, APC, DAPK, RARbeta, CDH1 and CDH13) in 175 primary pediatric tumors and 23 tumor cell lines using methylation-..
- High frequency somatic mutations in RASSF1A in nasopharyngeal carcinomaZhi Gang Pan
Department of Experimental Research, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Cancer Biol Ther 4:1116-22. 2005..3 region is a common event in various kinds of tumors including nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC). RASSF1A has been identified as a putative tumor suppressor gene residing in this region...
- Chromatin inactivation precedes de novo DNA methylation during the progressive epigenetic silencing of the RASSF1A promoterMaria Strunnikova
AG Tumorgenetik der Medizinischen Fakultät, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, 06097 Halle, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 25:3923-33. 2005Epigenetic inactivation of the RASSF1A tumor suppressor by CpG island methylation was frequently detected in cancer. However, the mechanisms of this aberrant DNA methylation are unknown...
- Inactivation of RASSF1A tumor suppressor gene by aberrant promoter hypermethylation in human pituitary adenomasZhi Rong Qian
Department of Pathology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
Lab Invest 85:464-73. 2005..The human Ras association domain family 1A gene (RASSF1A), recently cloned from the lung tumor locus at 3p21...
- Id-1 promotes chromosomal instability through modification of APC/C activity during mitosis in response to microtubule disruptionX Wang
Cancer Biology Group, Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Oncogene 27:4456-66. 2008..During early mitosis, Id-1 interacts with Cdc20 and RASSF1A (Ras association domain family 1A), leading to enhanced APC(Cdc20) activity, which in turn promotes cyclin B1/..
- Frequent epigenetic inactivation of the RASSF1A tumor suppressor gene in Hodgkin's lymphomaPaul G Murray
Department of Pathology, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Oncogene 23:1326-31. 2004Epigenetic inactivation of RASSF1A, a putative tumor suppressor with proapoptotic activity, is frequently observed in a number of solid tumors, including a variety of epithelial cancers, but has not been described in hematopoietic tumors...
- Frequent promoter hypermethylation of RASSF1A and CASP8 in neuroblastomaPaula Lázcoz
Departamento de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad Publica de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
BMC Cancer 6:254. 2006..A new carcinogenic pathway, targeting the RAS effectors has recently been documented. RASSF1A, on 3p21.3, and NORE1A, on 1q32.1, are among the most important, representative RAS effectors.
- Methylation of RASSF1A, RASSF2A, and HIN-1 is associated with poor outcome after radiotherapy, but not surgery, in oral squamous cell carcinomaKuo Hao Huang
Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Science, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Clin Cancer Res 15:4174-80. 2009....
- Hypermethylation of the cpG island of Ras association domain family 1A (RASSF1A), a putative tumor suppressor gene from the 3p21.3 locus, occurs in a large percentage of human breast cancersR Dammann
Department of Biology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope Cancer Center, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Cancer Res 61:3105-9. 2001The human Ras association domain family 1A gene (RASSF1A), recently cloned from the lung tumor suppressor locus 3p21...
- Epigenetic inactivation of RASSF1A in lung and breast cancers and malignant phenotype suppressionD G Burbee
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX 75390 8593, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:691-9. 2001..3 that frequently undergoes allele loss in lung and breast cancers. We explored the hypothesis that RASSF1 encodes a tumor suppressor gene for lung and breast cancers...
- Hypermethylation of RASSF1A promoter is associated with the age at starting smoking and a poor prognosis in primary non-small cell lung cancerDuk Hwan Kim
Center for Genome Research, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University, School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea 135 710
Cancer Res 63:3743-6. 2003..We studied the association between the age at starting smoking and hypermethylation of p14, p16, and RASSF1A promoters in 204 primary non-small cell lung cancer patients...
- The tumour suppressor RASSF1A regulates mitosis by inhibiting the APC-Cdc20 complexMin Sup Song
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Guseoung D, Yuseong G, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
Nat Cell Biol 6:129-37. 2004The tumour suppressor gene RASSF1A is frequently silenced in lung cancer and other sporadic tumours as a result of hypermethylation of a CpG island in its promoter...
- The scaffold protein CNK1 interacts with the tumor suppressor RASSF1A and augments RASSF1A-induced cell deathShahrooz Rabizadeh
Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 279:29247-54. 2004..CNK1 does, however, bind directly to the RASSF1A and RASSF1C polypeptides, constitutive binding partners of the MST1/2 kinases...
- Novel functional interaction between the plasma membrane Ca2+ pump 4b and the proapoptotic tumor suppressor Ras-associated factor 1 (RASSF1)Angel L Armesilla
Division of Cardiology, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:31318-28. 2004..The interaction domain has been narrowed down to region 74-123 of RASSF1C (144-193 in RASSF1A) and 652-748 of human PMCA4b...
- Hypermethylation of the RASSF1A tumor suppressor gene in Japanese clear cell renal cell carcinomaKenji Tokinaga
Department of Urology, Kochi Medical School, Kochi 783 8505, Japan
Oncol Rep 12:805-10. 2004Hypermethylation associated inactivation of RASSF1A tumor suppressor gene at chromosome 3p21.3 has been observed in several human malignancies...
- RASSF1A is not appropriate as an early detection marker or a prognostic marker for non-small cell lung cancerNaeyun Choi
Cancer Research Center, Center for Clinical Research, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Cancer 115:575-81. 2005Aberrant methylation of several tumor suppressor genes often occurs during the pathogenesis of lung cancer. RASSF1A is one of the tumor suppressor genes, and it is frequently inactivated by hypermethylation of its promoter region in a ..
- The tumor suppressor RASSF1A in human carcinogenesis: an updateR Dammann
AG Tumorgenetik der Medizinischen Fakultät, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Histol Histopathol 20:645-63. 2005..others have identified a novel Ras effector at this segment, which was termed Ras Association Domain family 1 (RASSF1A) gene...
- The tumor suppressor RASSF1A and MAP-1 link death receptor signaling to Bax conformational change and cell deathShairaz Baksh
Cancer Biology Program, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 1038 NRB, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Mol Cell 18:637-50. 2005..We report that the tumor suppressor gene RASSF1A is required for death receptor-induced Bax conformational change and apoptosis...
- Ras-associated protein-1 regulates extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation and migration in melanoma cells: two processes important to melanoma tumorigenesis and metastasisLing Gao
Division of Dermatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Cancer Res 66:7880-8. 2006..Taken together, these results show that Rap1 is involved in the activation of MAPK pathway and integrin activation in human melanoma and suggest a potential role for Rap1 in melanoma tumorigenesis and metastasis...
- Latent membrane protein 1 suppresses RASSF1A expression, disrupts microtubule structures and induces chromosomal aberrations in human epithelial cellsC Man
Department of Anatomy, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
Oncogene 26:3069-80. 2007..b>RASSF1A is a tumor-suppressor gene commonly inactivated in many types of human cancer including NPC...
- RASSF1A promoter is highly methylated in primitive neuroectodermal tumors of the central nervous systemMaria del Mar Inda
Unidad de Biología de Tumores Cerebrales, Universidad de Navarra, Pamploma, Spain
Neuropathology 27:341-6. 2007..Some studies have suggested that MB and sPNET present different molecular genetic aberrations. The RASSF1A (Ras Association Domain Family Protein 1) gene, located at 3p21...
- [5-Aza-CdR regulates the expression of RASSF1A gene in human gastric cancer cell line and inhibits the growth of cells]Wen Jing Shen
Department of Surgical Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 12:57-60. 2009To investigate the effect of demethylating agent 5-Aza-CdR (5-aza-2'- deoxycytidine) on demethylation and transcription-regulating of RASSF1A gene in gastric cancer cell SGC7901 in vitro, as well as on the growth inhibition of cells.
- Epigenetic inactivation of a RAS association domain family protein from the lung tumour suppressor locus 3p21.3R Dammann
Department of Biology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, California, USA
Nat Genet 25:315-9. 2000..Loss of expression was correlated with methylation of the CpG-island promoter sequence of RASSF1A. The promoter was highly methylated in 24 of 60 (40%) primary lung tumours, and 4 of 41 tumours analysed carried ..
- Ras uses the novel tumor suppressor RASSF1 as an effector to mediate apoptosisM D Vos
Department of Cell and Cancer Biology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20850 3300, USA
J Biol Chem 275:35669-72. 2000..Thus, the RASSF1 tumor suppressor may serve as a novel Ras effector that mediates the apoptotic effects of oncogenic Ras...
- The 630-kb lung cancer homozygous deletion region on human chromosome 3p21.3: identification and evaluation of the resident candidate tumor suppressor genes. The International Lung Cancer Chromosome 3p21.3 Tumor Suppressor Gene ConsortiumM I Lerman
Laboratory of Immanobiology, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702, USA
Cancer Res 60:6116-33. 2000....
- The candidate tumor suppressor gene, RASSF1A, from human chromosome 3p21.3 is involved in kidney tumorigenesisK Dreijerink
Laboratory of Immunobiology and Intramural Research Support Program, Science Applications International Corporation, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:7504-9. 2001..Recently, the RAS association family 1 gene (isoform RASSF1A), located at 3p21.3, has been identified as a candidate lung and breast TSG...
- The putative tumor suppressor RASSF1A homodimerizes and heterodimerizes with the Ras-GTP binding protein Nore1Sara Ortiz-Vega
Diabetes Unit and Medical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, MA 02114, USA
Oncogene 21:1381-90. 2002Nore and RASSF1A are noncatalytic proteins that share 50% identity over their carboxyterminal 300 AA, a segment that encompasses a putative Ras-Rap association (RA) domain...
- K-ras mutations and RASSF1A promoter methylation in colorectal cancerManon van Engeland
Department of Pathology, University Maastricht, P O Box 616 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Oncogene 21:3792-5. 2002..by either genetic activation of the K-ras oncogene or epigenetic silencing of the putative tumor suppressor gene RASSF1A. Paraffin embedded tumor tissue samples from 222 sporadic CRC patients were analysed for K-ras codon 12 and codon ..
- Clinicopathological significance of epigenetic inactivation of RASSF1A at 3p21.3 in stage I lung adenocarcinomaYoshio Tomizawa
Biology Division, Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 8:2362-8. 2002Chromosome 3p is deleted frequently in various types of human cancers, including lung cancer. Recently, the RASSF1A gene was isolated from the 3p21...
- Frequent 3p allele loss and epigenetic inactivation of the RASSF1A tumour suppressor gene from region 3p21.3 in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaR P Hogg
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Section of Medical and Molecular Genetics, The Medical School, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, B15 2TT, Birmingham, UK
Eur J Cancer 38:1585-92. 2002..only rare mutations, but the majority of lung tumour lines showed loss of expression for one of the eight genes (RASSF1A) due to hypermethylation of a CpG island in the promoter region of RASSF1A...
- Frequent loss of chromosome 3p and hypermethylation of RASSF1A in cholangiocarcinomaNathalie Wong
Department of Clinical Oncology, Sir YK Pao Centre for Cancer, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
J Hepatol 37:633-9. 2002..Cholangiocarcinoma comprises 5-20% of all primary malignant tumors of the liver. However, the lack of information about the genetic basis of cholangiocarcinoma has impeded characterization and understanding of its biological behavior...
- Detection of RASSF1A aberrant promoter hypermethylation in sputum from chronic smokers and ductal carcinoma in situ from breast cancer patientsSofia Honorio
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Birmingham, UK
Oncogene 22:147-50. 2003The newly identified 3p21.3 tumour suppressor gene RASSF1A is methylated in the majority of primary lung tumours, lung tumour cell lines and in a variable percentage of breast tumours...
- Epigenetic inactivation of the Ras-association domain family 1 (RASSF1A) gene and its function in human carcinogenesisR Dammann
AG Tumorgenetik der Medizinischen Fakultät, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Histol Histopathol 18:665-77. 2003..At least two forms of RASSF1 are present in normal human cells. The RASSF1A isoform is highly epigenetically inactivated in lung, breast, ovarian, kidney, prostate, thyroid and several ..
- Epigenetic inactivation of RAS association domain family protein 1 (RASSF1A) in malignant cutaneous melanomaMia Spugnardi
Department of Molecular Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Saint John s Health Center, Santa Monica, California 90404, USA
Cancer Res 63:1639-43. 2003..3. Hypermethylation of the CpG island promoter region of a major alternative transcript of this gene, RASSF1A, has been suggested to play a key role in pathogenesis of various carcinomas...
- Hypermethylation of the tumor suppressor gene RASSFIA and frequent concomitant loss of heterozygosity at 3p21 in cervical cancersMei Y Yu
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, The People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 105:204-9. 2003..The candidate tumor suppressor gene, RASSF1A located at 3p21...
- RASSF1A gene inactivation in non-small cell lung cancer and its clinical implicationHideki Endoh
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Int J Cancer 106:45-51. 2003..RT-PCR analysis showed no expression of RASSF1A in 12 of 20 lung cancer cell lines...
- Allele loss and promoter hypermethylation of VHL, RAR-beta, RASSF1A, and FHIT tumor suppressor genes on chromosome 3p in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaTamotsu Kuroki
Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Cancer Res 63:3724-8. 2003..of von Hippel-Lindau disease (VHL), retinoic acid receptor beta (RAR-beta), RAS association domain family 1A (RASSF1A), and fragile histidine triad (FHIT) genes in 22 esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cell lines and 47 primary ..
- Epigenetic inactivation of RASSF1A in head and neck cancerSeung Myung Dong
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Head and Neck Cancer Research Division, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2196, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:3635-40. 2003b>RASSF1A, a recently identified candidate tumor suppressor gene, was found to be inactivated in lung cancer and other tumor types. We sought to understand the role of RASSF1A in head and neck cancer.
- DNA methylation of RASSF1A, HIN-1, RAR-beta, Cyclin D2 and Twist in in situ and invasive lobular breast carcinomaMary Jo Fackler
Breast Cancer Program, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, 401 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21231 2410, USA
Int J Cancer 107:970-5. 2003..The promoter methylation status of 5 cancer-related genes (RASSF1A, HIN-1, RAR-beta, Cyclin D2 and Twist) was evaluated in 2 types of lobular cancers, in situ (LCIS) and invasive ..
- Control of microtubule stability by the RASSF1A tumor suppressorLimin Liu
Division of Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Oncogene 22:8125-36. 2003The RAS association domain family 1A (RASSF1A) gene is silenced by DNA methylation in over 50% of all solid tumors of different histological types. However, the biochemical function of the RASSF1A protein is unknown...
- Ubiquitous aberrant RASSF1A promoter methylation in childhood neoplasiaIvy H N Wong
Department of Biochemistry, 3 F Laboratory Block, Faculty of Medicine Building, 21 Sassoon Road, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Clin Cancer Res 10:994-1002. 2004The role of RASSF1A has been elucidated recently in regulating apoptosis and cell cycle progression by inhibiting cyclin D1 accumulation. Aberrant RASSF1A promoter methylation has been found frequently in multiple adult cancer types...
- RASSF1A is a target tumor suppressor from 3p21.3 in nasopharyngeal carcinomaLillian Shuk Nga Chow
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int J Cancer 109:839-47. 2004..3. We have reported recently that RASSF1A gene, located on a 120-kb minimal deletion region on 3p21...
- Regulation of the MST1 kinase by autophosphorylation, by the growth inhibitory proteins, RASSF1 and NORE1, and by RasMaria Praskova
Diabetes Unit and Medical Services and Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Biochem J 381:453-62. 2004..from KB cells is specifically associated with substoichiometric amounts of the growth inhibitory polypeptides RASSF1A and NORE1A (novel Ras effector 1A; a Ras-GTP-binding protein)...
- RASSF1A interacts with microtubule-associated proteins and modulates microtubule dynamicsAshraf Dallol
Section of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Division of Reproductive and Child Health, University of Birmingham, The Medical School, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 64:4112-6. 2004The candidate tumor suppressor gene RASSF1A is inactivated in many types of adult and childhood cancers. However, the mechanisms by which RASSF1A exerts its tumor suppressive functions have yet to be elucidated...
- Prognostic DNA methylation marker in serum of cancer patientsHannes M Müller
Department of General and Transplant Surgery, Innsbruck Medical University, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1022:44-9. 2004..In the gene evaluation set, we detected five genes (ESR1, APC, HSD17B4, HIC1, and RASSF1A) using our criteria for further analysis...
- Frequent hypermethylation of RASSF1A in early flat-type colorectal tumorsNaoto Sakamoto
Department of Pathology II, Juntendo University, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Oncogene 23:8900-7. 2004..In this study, we investigated the methylation status of the RASSF1A promoter in association with 3p LOH and K-ras mutations in 48 flat colorectal tumors (39 early carcinomas and ..
- Hypermethylation of RASSF1A and BLU tumor suppressor genes in non-small cell lung cancer: implications for tobacco smoking during adolescenceCarmen J Marsit
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Cancer 114:219-23. 2005The putative tumor suppressors RASSF1A and BLU are mapped adjacent to one another on chromosome 3p21.3, a region frequently deleted in lung cancer...
- Role of the Ras-association domain family 1 tumor suppressor gene in human cancersAngelo Agathanggelou
Section of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Division of Reproductive and Child Health, The Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 65:3497-508. 2005..3 resulted in the identification of the RAS-association domain family 1, isoform A gene (RASSF1A). RASSF1A falls into the category of genes frequently inactivated by methylation rather than mutational events...
- A polymorphism at codon 133 of the tumor suppressor RASSF1A is associated with tumorous alteration of the breastUndraga Schagdarsurengin
AG Tumorgenetik der Medizinischen Fakultät, Halle Saale, Germany
Int J Oncol 27:185-91. 2005The tumor suppressor gene RASSF1A is inactivated or mutated in different tumor entities including breast cancer. The frequency of the genomic variants of RASSF1A in patients with breast tumors has not been evaluated...
- Methylation of the tumor suppressor gene RASSF1A in human tumorsG P Pfeifer
Department of Biology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope Cancer Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Biochemistry (Mosc) 70:576-83. 2005..We have identified the Ras-association domain family 1A gene (RASSF1A), which is localized at 3p21.3 in a minimum deletion sequence...
- Ras-association domain family 1 protein, RASSF1C, is an IGFBP-5 binding partner and a potential regulator of osteoblast cell proliferationYousef G Amaar
Musculoskeletal Disease Center, Jerry L Pettis Veterans Administration Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92357, USA
J Bone Miner Res 20:1430-9. 2005..We identified RASSF1C, a member of the RASSF1 gene products, as a IGFBP-5 binding partner and as a potential mediator of IGFBP-5 effects on ERK phosphorylation and cell proliferation...
- High frequency of promoter hypermethylation of RASSF1A in tumorous and non-tumourous tissue of breast cancerWinnie Yeo
Department of Clinical Oncology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Pathology 37:125-30. 2005To determine the presence of RASSF1A promoter methylation in tumorous and non-tumorous tissues of breast cancer.
- Single nucleotide polymorphism at codon 133 of the RASSF1 gene is preferentially associated with human lung adenocarcinoma riskHirotaka Kanzaki
Department of Molecular Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Cancer Lett 238:128-34. 2006..The increased risk of the heterozygous genotype is intriguing, implying a close relation with the dimerization feature of RASSF1 proteins...
- Aberrant hypermethylation of RASSF1A promoter in ovarian borderline tumors and carcinomasYoon La Choi
Department of Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Virchows Arch 448:331-6. 2006The newly identified 3p21.3 tumor suppressor gene RASSF1A is inactivated by hypermethylation in variable solid tumors, including those of the lung, breast, prostate, kidney, and ovary...
- The RASSF1A tumor suppressor activates Bax via MOAP-1Michele D Vos
Department of Cell and Cancer Biology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20850 3300, USA
J Biol Chem 281:4557-63. 2006The novel tumor suppressor RASSF1A is frequently inactivated during human tumorigenesis by promoter methylation...
- Quantitative evaluation of RASSF1A methylation in the non-lesional, regenerative and neoplastic liverSonia Di Gioia
Department of Pathology, Humanitas Clinical Institute of Rozzano, Milan, Italy
BMC Cancer 6:89. 2006Epigenetic changes during ageing and their relationship with cancer are under the focus of intense research. RASSF1A and NORE1A are novel genes acting in concert in the proapoptotic pathway of the RAS signalling...
- RASSF1A hypermethylation and its inverse correlation with BRAF and/or KRAS mutations in MSI-associated endometrial carcinomaSokbom Kang
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi, Korea
Int J Cancer 119:1316-21. 2006Both hypermethylation of the tumor suppressor gene RASSF1A and activating mutations of the KRAS and/or BRAF gene have been reported in a variety of human cancers...
- RASSF1A methylation and K-ras and B-raf mutations and recurrent endometrial cancerJ M A Pijnenborg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, TweeSteden Hospital, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Ann Oncol 18:491-7. 2007..Aberrations in mediators of Ras signaling may increase the risk of developing recurrent endometrial carcinoma...
- Epigenetic modifications of RASSF1A gene through chromatin remodeling in prostate cancerKen Kawamoto
Department of Urology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2541-8. 2007The RAS-association domain family 1, isoform A (RASSF1A) gene is shown to be inactivated in prostate cancers. However, the molecular mechanism of silencing of the RASSFIA gene is not fully understood...
- The tumor suppressor RASSF1A does not interact with Cdc20, an activator of the anaphase-promoting complexLimin Liu
Cell Cycle 6:1663-5. 2007It has been reported that the RASSF1A tumor suppressor protein controls mitotic progression by binding to and inhibiting Cdc20, an activator of the anaphase-promoting complex...
- RASSF1A promoter methylation and expression analysis in normal and neoplastic kidney indicates a role in early tumorigenesisInga Peters
Department of Urology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Mol Cancer 6:49. 2007Epigenetic silencing of the RAS association domain family 1A (RASSF1A) tumor suppressor gene promoter has been demonstrated in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) as a result of promoter hypermethylation...
- RASSF1A expression inhibits the growth of hepatocellular carcinoma from Qidong CountyWan jiang Xue
Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1448-58. 2008The tumor-suppressing role of Ras-association domain family 1A (RASSF1A) has been described in several systems...
- Reduced expression of RASSF1A in esophageal and nasopharyngeal carcinomas significantly correlates with tumor stagePaulisally Hau Yi Lo
Department of Biology, Center for Cancer Research, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
Cancer Lett 257:199-205. 2007..In this study, we investigated the role of RASSF1A in the pathogenesis of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) and nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- Skp2 regulates the antiproliferative function of the tumor suppressor RASSF1A via ubiquitin-mediated degradation at the G1-S transitionM S Song
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, Korea
Oncogene 27:3176-85. 2008The tumor suppressor RASSF1A is inactivated in many human cancers and is implicated in regulation of microtubule stability, cell cycle progression and apoptosis...
- Hypermethylation of the Ras association domain family 1A (RASSF1A) gene in gallbladder cancerSe Kook Kee
Department of Anatomy, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 422, Korea
Mol Cells 24:364-71. 2007The tumor suppressor gene Ras association domain family 1A (RASSF1A) is highly methylated in a wide range of human sporadic tumors...
- Activator protein-1 involved in growth inhibition by RASSF1A gene in the human gastric carcinoma cell line SGC7901Zheng Hao Deng
Department of Pathology, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha 410078, Hunan Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:1437-43. 2008To investigate the role of Ras association domain family protein 1 isoform A (RASSF1A) in gastric tumorigenesis.
- Expression and promoter methylation of the RASSF1A gene in sporadic breast cancers in Chinese womenYongmei Li
Department of Biotechnology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, PR China
Oncol Rep 19:1149-53. 2008The novel tumor suppressor RASSF1A is frequently inactivated during human tumorigenesis by promoter methylation...
- Dynamics of RASSF1A/MOAP-1 association with death receptorsCaitlin J Foley
Division of Experimental Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 28:4520-35. 2008b>RASSF1A is a tumor suppressor protein involved in death receptor-dependent apoptosis utilizing the Bax-interacting protein MOAP-1 (previously referred to as MAP-1)...
- The tumour suppressor RASSF1A promotes MDM2 self-ubiquitination by disrupting the MDM2-DAXX-HAUSP complexMin Sup Song
National Research Laboratory for Genomic Stability, Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
EMBO J 27:1863-74. 2008..MDM2 is also self-ubiquitinated and degraded. Here, we show that the tumour suppressor RASSF1A regulates G(1)-S cell-cycle progression in a p53-dependent manner by promoting MDM2 self-ubiquitination and ..
- RAS signaling in colorectal carcinomas through alteration of RAS, RAF, NF1, and/or RASSF1ATerje Ahlquist
Department of Cancer Prevention, Institute for Cancer Research, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Neoplasia 10:680-6, 2 p following 686. 2008..The mutational hot spots in KRAS and BRAF were sequenced, and promoter hypermethylation status of RASSF1A was assessed with a methylation-specific polymerase chain reaction...
- RASSF1A interacts with and activates the mitotic kinase Aurora-AL Liu
Division of Biology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope Cancer Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Oncogene 27:6175-86. 2008The RAS association domain family 1A (RASSF1A) gene is located at chromosome 3p21.3 within a specific area of common heterozygous and homozygous deletions...
- RASSF1A hypermethylation in pretreatment serum DNA of neuroblastoma patients: a prognostic markerA Misawa
Department of Pediatrics, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Br J Cancer 100:399-404. 2009The tumour suppressor gene RASSF1A is known to be frequently silenced by promoter hypermethylation in neuroblastoma tumours...
- RASSF1A mediates p21Cip1/Waf1-dependent cell cycle arrest and senescence through modulation of the Raf-MEK-ERK pathway and inhibition of AktSonja Thaler
Center for Biomedicine and Medical Technology, Medical Faculty Mannheim of the University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Cancer Res 69:1748-57. 2009Promoter hypermethylation preventing expression of the RAS association domain family 1 isoform A (RASSF1A) gene product is among the most abundant epigenetic deregulations in human cancer...
- Epigenetic silencing of the RASSF1A tumor suppressor gene through HOXB3-mediated induction of DNMT3B expressionRajendra Kumar Palakurthy
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Programs in Gene Function and Expression and Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Mol Cell 36:219-30. 2009The RASSF1A tumor suppressor gene is epigenetically silenced in a variety of cancers. Here, we perform a genome-wide human shRNA screen and find that epigenetic silencing of RASSF1A requires the homeobox protein HOXB3...
- Aurora B-mediated phosphorylation of RASSF1A maintains proper cytokinesis by recruiting Syntaxin16 to the midzone and midbodySu Jung Song
National Research Laboratory for Genomic Stability, Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, South Korea
Cancer Res 69:8540-4. 2009..The tumor suppressor RASSF1A regulates cell cycle progression by regulating mitotic progression, G(1)-S transition, and microtubule stability...
- Prognostic relevance of promoter hypermethylation of multiple genes in breast cancer patientsGayatri Sharma
Department of Biochemistry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Cell Oncol 31:487-500. 2009..This study was designed to investigate the impact of concurrent methylation of multiple genes in breast tumors on disease prognosis...
- Functional importance of RASSF1A microtubule localization and polymorphismsM el-Kalla
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Oncogene 29:5729-40. 2010Ras association domain family protein 1A (RASSF1A) is one of the more heavily methylated genes in human cancers. In addition to promoter-specific methylation, RASSF1A polymorphisms have been identified in cancer patients...
- High RASSF1A promoter methylation levels are predictive of poor prognosis in fine-needle aspirate washings of breast cancer lesionsAna Teresa Martins
Cancer Epigenetics Group, Research Center of the Portuguese Oncology Institute, Porto, Portugal
Breast Cancer Res Treat 129:1-9. 2011..the evaluation of the prognostic value of quantitative promoter methylation at three gene loci (APC, CCND2, and RASSF1A) in a large series of FNA washings from breast lesions...
- Ras-association domain family 1C protein promotes breast cancer cell migration and attenuates apoptosisMark E Reeves
Surgical Oncology Laboratory, 11201 Benton Street 151, Loma Linda VA Medical Center, California 92350, USA
BMC Cancer 10:562. 2010The Ras association domain family 1 (RASSF1) gene is a Ras effector encoding two major mRNA forms, RASSF1A and RASSF1C, derived by alternative promoter selection and alternative mRNA splicing. RASSF1A is a tumor suppressor gene...
- RASSF1A suppresses the activated K-Ras-induced oxidative DNA damageSeon Ho Park
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Korea University College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul 136 705, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 408:149-53. 2011..Ras association domain family 1 isoform A (RASSF1A) is known to play a role as a Ras effector...
- Regulation of mitosis and taxane response by Daxx and Rassf1S Giovinazzi
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Florida Shands Cancer Center, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Oncogene 31:13-26. 2012..Daxx and Rassf1 may become useful predictive markers for the proper selection of patients for taxane chemotherapy...
- Status of RASSF1A in uveal melanocytes and melanoma cellsArmelle Calipel
Service Universitaire d Ophtalmologie, Universitede Caen Basse Normandie, Universite Paris Descartes, CEA, CNRS, Centre Cyceron, Bd Henri Becquerel, BP5229, 14074 Caen Cedex, France
Mol Cancer Res 9:1187-98. 2011b>RASSF1A gene, found at the 3p21.3 locus, is a tumor suppressor gene frequently hypermethylated in human cancers...
- The prognostic role of RASSF1A promoter methylation in breast cancer: a meta-analysis of published dataYong Jiang
Department of Oncology, Jiangyan People s Hospital, the Affiliated Hospital of Yangzhou University, Jiangyan, China
PLoS ONE 7:e36780. 2012..We present the results of a meta-analysis of the associations between RASSF1A promoter methylation status and both disease free survival (DFS) and overall survival (OS) in female breast cancer...
- Hypermethylation of the thrombospondin-1 gene is associated with poor prognosis in penile squamous cell carcinomaDavid Guerrero
Biomedical Research Center, Navarra Health Service, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
BJU Int 102:747-55. 2008....
- Methylation profiles of thirty four promoter-CpG islands and concordant methylation behaviours of sixteen genes that may contribute to carcinogenesis of astrocytomaJian Yu
Cancer Epigenetics and Gene Therapy, State Key Laboratory for Oncogenes and Related Genes, Shanghai Cancer Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, LN 2200 25, Xie Tu Road, Shanghai 200032, China
BMC Cancer 4:65. 2004..Therefore, DNA methylation status as such may serve as an epigenetic biomarker for both diagnosis and prognosis of human tumors, including astrocytoma...
- Reactivation of Tumor Suppressor Genes in Breast Cancer by Dietary Supplements asZhongfa Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010..g. RASSF1A and their reactivation in breast cancer cell lines at its attainable in-vivo concentration...
- ABBY BRENA SIEGEL; Fiscal Year: 2014..In particular, methylation of a particular tumor suppressor called RASSF1A has been shown to "turn on" other components of the RAS signaling pathway in HCC...
- The Function of RASSF1A in T CellsJOANNE PRATT; Fiscal Year: 2009..Several lines of evidence have established a role for Ras association family (RASSF) member RASSF1A as a tumor suppressor protein...
- Chemoprevention of tobacco carcinogen-induced bladder cancerHarikrishna Nakshatri; Fiscal Year: 2011..factors/chemokines such as CXCL-1 and/or inactivation of tumor suppressor genes (p53, retinoblastoma, BIM, p21, RASSF1A, RUNX3, and p16INK4) through mutations or epigenetic mechanisms...
- BEVERLY MARIE EMERSON; Fiscal Year: 2015..Loss of CTCF binding also correlates with hypermethylation and silencing of two other tumor suppressor genes, RASSF1A and CDH1, in breast cancer cell lines...
- Prevention of prostate cancer growth by a plant alkaloidPartha P Banerjee; Fiscal Year: 2013..One of such tumor suppressor is Ras- association domain family 1 (RASSF1) gene. Epigenetic inactivation of RASSF1A is probably the most frequently methylated gene described thus far in human cancer...
- Characterization of Human 3p Recessive OncogenesJohn Minna; Fiscal Year: 2004..the isolation and initial characterization of 25 genes in this area (23 of which are new) and found two, RASSF1A (Ras interacting protein with a DAG binding domain), and SEMA3B (secreted class III semaphorin) to have biallelic ..
- Junichi Sadoshima; Fiscal Year: 2016..K-Ras, Rassf1A and Mst1 form a complex and phosphorylate mitochondrial proteins, including Bcl-xL, thereby stimulating apoptosis...
- NEOPLASTIC COMPLICATIONS IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEStephen Meltzer; Fiscal Year: 2007..O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), human mutL homolog 1 (hMLH 1), adenomatous polyposis coli (APC), RASSF1A, deleted in colon carcinoma (DCC), and 14-3-3-sigma. B...
- The role of RASSF1A in myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injuryDOMINIC DELRE; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>RASSF1A is a pro-apoptotic molecule and known tumor suppressor, yet nothing is known regarding RASSF1A and inflammation...
- Leyuan Liu; Fiscal Year: 2014..discovered that C19ORF5 regulates general autophagy and mitotic mitophagy in collaboration with tumor suppressor RASSF1A-mediated microtubular dynamics and overall autophagic activity via Bcl-2/XL protein-controlled canonical and ..
- HUMAN HEPATOCYTE GROWTH FACTORSWALLACE MC KEEHAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results will provide new mouse models for both homeostasis of cholesterol/bile acid and xenobiotic metabolism, as well as liver cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF MOUSE LUNG TUMORSMing You; Fiscal Year: 2009..Another related tumor suppressor is RASSF1A that has been recently found to be the tumor suppressor residing on chromosome 3p21...
- Multiplex approach to DNA methylation assays in exhaled breath condensateWeiguo Han; Fiscal Year: 2009..the utility of the developed method, we will analyze the methylation status, with and without WGA, of p16, DAPK, RASSF1A, MGMT, PAX51, PAX52 and CDH1 in sixty EBC samples from smokers and non-smokers, and also compare EBC with sputum ..
- Effects of genistein on the progression of prostate cancerPARTHA BANERJEE; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information will lead to more effective prostate cancer prevention and control strategies in humans. ..
- Characterization of a novel nuclear Rab proteinYing Huang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of P40 in Squamous Cell CarcinomasDavid Sidransky; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Gene Methylation and Therapeutic Response in Lung CancerSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..The validation of these genes as biomarkers of lung cancer risk and their detection in sputum and/or serum could ultimately support chemoprevention trials for preventing lung cancer. ..
- Cyclin Control DNA Replication and MitosisPeter Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2005..These aims will both map Cdc 14-regulated pathways and begin to define the critical Cdk and Cdcl4 targets for regulating steps in mitosis and genome stability. ..
- DNA Markers As Surrogates:Melanoma Patient ResponseDave Hoon; Fiscal Year: 2008..The R33 phase will focus on validating the PGMs and determining their clinical utility in an ongoing prospective multicenter Phase II BC and maintenance Biotherapy trial for AJCC stage IV melanoma patients. ..
- BIOMARKERS OF LUNG CANCER SUSCEPTIBILITY IN MINORITIESJohn Wiencke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be only the second large genetic epidemiologic study of lung cancer in African-Americans;African-American men in California have an 11% lifetime risk of lung cancer. ..
- TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENE METHYLATION IN LUNG ADENOCARCINOMASteven A Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..Transient transfection of minimized promoters into cell lines with an endogenously active or silenced gene will be used to elucidate the sequence of changes involved in repression of promoter activity. REVISED: July 7, 2005 ..
- FSHD: Chromatin Structure, Looping, & ExpressionMelanie Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed research should elucidate new aspects of long-distance control of gene expression as well as lending clinically useful insights into this currently intractable disease. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF CELL GROWTH CONTROL BY THE TOR KINASEJoseph Avruch; Fiscal Year: 2011..The results of these studies will provide basis for therapeutic interventions in this pathway, which is crucial to both human cancers and to diseases like Type 2 diabetes ..
- DNA methylation in cancer genomesGERD PFEIFER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of a putative GTP-binding protein as a novel tumor marker.Ying Huang; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of MBD3L1 and MBD3L2GERD PFEIFER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Since both proteins are likely functioning as transcriptional regulators, it will be important to determine if there are changes in gene expression patterns in Mbd311 and Mbd312 (-/-) cells. ..
- MARKERS FOR LUNG CARCINOGENESIS IN BRONCHIAL EPITHELIUMSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2001..f., simply markers of exposure) and help identify genetic alterations that are candidate markers of respiratory carcinogenesis. ..
- SHP1 Targeted Inhibition by Stibogluconate for MelanomaErnest Borden; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SPORE in Head and Neck CancerDavid Sidransky; Fiscal Year: 2006..Goodman). The Career Development Program (Dr.Forastiere) aids the emergence of new investigators and the Research Developmental Program (Dr. David Sidransky) provides rapid funding of innovative directions. ..
- Clinical and Cellular Effects of Interferon alfa 1Ernest Borden; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, if the pattern of novel gene induction and cellular effects are expanded, IFN-alpha 1 could have a broader spectrum of responsive clinical tumor types. ..
- Increasing Effects of Interferons for MelanomaErnest Borden; Fiscal Year: 2005..The data should contribute to understanding of IFNs effects in melanoma but also other neoplasms and to a beginning understanding of the therapeutic potential of TRAIL. ..
- Characterization of a novel ER membrane protein SPOCYing Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- RASSF1 Tumor Suppressor GeneGERD PFEIFER; Fiscal Year: 2005..The gene, named RASSF1A (Ras Association Domain Family 1A), has homology to the mammalian Ras effector Nore1...
- A NOVEL F BOX PROTEIN REGULATING MITOSISPeter Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding how SBP5 blocks mitosis and induces apoptosis may provide important insight for creating new cancer chemotherapeutic drugs that act similarly or synergistically with vinca alkaloids and Taxol. ..
- FSHD Syndrome: DNA Repeats, Methylation, & ChromatinMelanie Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed research should help elucidate the molecular etiology of the enigmatic FSHD syndrome. ..
- Characterization of a Novel LysophospholipaseYing Huang; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- UV DAMAGE, REPAIR AND MUTAGENESISGERD PFEIFER; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR PROGRESSION MODEL FOR HNSCCDavid Sidransky; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, the studies outlined in this proposal are aimed at developing a comprehensive genetic model of SCC progression and ultimately new transnational clinical approaches. ..