Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PPARGC1B
Description: PPARG coactivator 1 beta
Alias: ERRL1, PERC, PGC-1(beta), PGC1B, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator 1-beta, PGC-1-related estrogen receptor alpha coactivator, PPAR-gamma coactivator 1-beta, PPARGC-1-beta, PPARgamma coactivator 1 beta, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, coactivator 1 beta
- Lin J, Puigserver P, Donovan J, Tarr P, Spiegelman B. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator 1beta (PGC-1beta ), a novel PGC-1-related transcription coactivator associated with host cell factor. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:1645-8 pubmed..HCF is shown to bind to both PGC-1alpha and -1beta and augment their transcriptional activity. ..
- Wirtenberger M, Tchatchou S, Hemminki K, Schmutzhard J, Sutter C, Schmutzler R, et al. Associations of genetic variants in the estrogen receptor coactivators PPARGC1A, PPARGC1B and EP300 with familial breast cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:2201-8 pubmed..transcription factor, which activates gene expression through recruiting multiple coactivators, such as PPARGC1A, PPARGC1B and EP300...
- Kressler D, Schreiber S, Knutti D, Kralli A. The PGC-1-related protein PERC is a selective coactivator of estrogen receptor alpha. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:13918-25 pubmed..Because of its nuclear receptor selectivity, we have termed the new protein PERC (PGC-1 related Estrogen Receptor Coactivator)...
- Meirhaeghe A, Crowley V, Lenaghan C, Lelliott C, Green K, Stewart A, et al. Characterization of the human, mouse and rat PGC1 beta (peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-gamma co-activator 1 beta) gene in vitro and in vivo. Biochem J. 2003;373:155-65 pubmed..These results suggest that PGC1 beta may play a role in constitutive adrenergic-independent mitochondrial biogenesis. ..
- Kressler D, Hock M, Kralli A. Coactivators PGC-1beta and SRC-1 interact functionally to promote the agonist activity of the selective estrogen receptor modulator tamoxifen. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:26897-907 pubmed..Our findings suggest that tamoxifen-induced changes in the ERalpha LBD promote interactions with the coactivator PGC-1beta, which then cooperates with SRC-1 to enable tamoxifen agonism. ..
- Patti M, Butte A, Crunkhorn S, Cusi K, Berria R, Kashyap S, et al. Coordinated reduction of genes of oxidative metabolism in humans with insulin resistance and diabetes: Potential role of PGC1 and NRF1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:8466-71 pubmed..in diabetic subjects, expression of both PPAR gamma coactivator 1-alpha and-beta (PGC1-alpha/PPARGC1 and PGC1-beta/PERC), coactivators of NRF-1 and PPAR gamma-dependent transcription, is decreased in both diabetic subjects and family ..
- Strekalova T, Costa Nunes J, Veniaminova E, Kubatiev A, Lesch K, Chekhonin V, et al. Insulin receptor sensitizer, dicholine succinate, prevents both Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) upregulation and affective changes induced by a high-cholesterol diet in mice. J Affect Disord. 2016;196:109-16 pubmed publisher..measures of anxiety/depression, and Tlr4 and peroxisome-proliferator-activated-receptor-gamma coactivator-1b (PPARGC1b) expression...
- Drescher M, Fried J, Brass R, Medoro A, Murphy T, Delgado J. Knowledge Translation of the PERC Rule for Suspected Pulmonary Embolism: A Blueprint for Reducing the Number of CT Pulmonary Angiograms. West J Emerg Med. 2017;18:1091-1097 pubmed publisher..We studied a department-endorsed, evidence-based clinical protocol that included the PE rule-out criteria (PERC) rule, multi-modal education using principles of knowledge translation (KT), and clinical decision support embedded ..
- Hsu C, Yang C, Wang Y, Huang C, Lien S, Kung C, et al. Low Cost Local Contact Opening by Using Polystyrene Spheres Spin-Coating Method for PERC Solar Cells. Materials (Basel). 2016;9: pubmed publisherThe passivated emitter and rear cell (PERC) concept is one of the most promising technologies for increasing crystalline silicon solar cell efficiency...
- Frizell A, Fogel N, Steenblik J, Carlson M, Bledsoe J, Madsen T. Prevalence of pulmonary embolism in patients presenting to the emergency department with syncope. Am J Emerg Med. 2018;36:253-256 pubmed publisher..with a PE at the time of the ED visit or during the follow-up period were Pulmonary Embolism Rule Out Criteria (PERC) positive and reported shortness of breath in the ED...
- Valli H, Ahmad S, Fraser J, Jeevaratnam K, Huang C. Pro-arrhythmic atrial phenotypes in incrementally paced murine Pgc1?-/- hearts: effects of age. Exp Physiol. 2017;102:1619-1634 pubmed publisher..aged (>52 week) wild-type (WT) and peroxisome proliferative activated receptor, gamma, coactivator 1 beta (Ppargc1b)-deficient (Pgc1?-/- ) Langendorff-perfused hearts, previously used to model mitochondrial energetic ..
- Wood M, Goldman N, DePierri K, Somerville J, Riggs J. Erythropoietin increases macrophage-mediated T cell suppression. Cell Immunol. 2016;306-307:17-24 pubmed publisher..the high macrophage to lymphocyte ratio found in tumor microenvironments (TMEs) by culturing peritoneal cavity (PerC) cells that naturally have a high macrophage to T cell ratio...
- Hara K, Tobe K, Okada T, Kadowaki H, Akanuma Y, Ito C, et al. A genetic variation in the PGC-1 gene could confer insulin resistance and susceptibility to Type II diabetes. Diabetologia. 2002;45:740-3 pubmed..The Thr394Thr - Gly482Ser haplotype was associated with Type II diabetes (p = 0.00003). CONCLUSION/INTERPRETATION. The results of this study suggested that the PGC-1 gene might be implicated in the pathogenesis of Type II diabetes. ..
- Victorino V, Barroso W, AssunÃ§Ã£o A, Cury V, Jeremias I, Petroni R, et al. PGC-1Î² regulates HER2-overexpressing breast cancer cells proliferation by metabolic and redox pathways. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:6035-44 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we show an association of HER2-overexpression and PGC-1Î². PGC-1Î² knockdown impairs HER2-overexpressing cells proliferation acting on ERRÎ± signaling, metabolism, and redox balance. ..
- Shiraki T, Sakai N, Kanaya E, Jingami H. Activation of orphan nuclear constitutive androstane receptor requires subnuclear targeting by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1 alpha. A possible link between xenobiotic response and nutritional state. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:11344-50 pubmed..These results indicate that PGC-1 alpha mediates the ligand-independent activation of CAR by means of subnuclear targeting through the RS domain of PGC-1 alpha. ..
- Lee S, Jang A, Woo Park S, Park J, Kim Y, Uh S, et al. Genetic effect of single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the PPARGC1B gene on airway hyperreactivity in asthmatic patients. Clin Exp Allergy. 2011;41:1533-44 pubmed publisherPeroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator 1 beta (PPARGC1B) is a co-activator for intracellular receptors such as the estrogen receptor, PPAR, and glucocorticoid receptor, which are involved in asthma development...
- Cho Y, Hazen B, Russell A, Kralli A. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? coactivator 1 (PGC-1)- and estrogen-related receptor (ERR)-induced regulator in muscle 1 (Perm1) is a tissue-specific regulator of oxidative capacity in skeletal muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:25207-18 pubmed publisher..Elucidating the function of Perm1 may enable novel approaches for the treatment of disorders with compromised skeletal muscle bioenergetics, such as mitochondrial myopathies and age-related/disease-associated muscle atrophies. ..
- Galmés Pascual B, Nadal Casellas A, Bauzá Thorbrügge M, Sbert Roig M, Garcia Palmer F, Proenza A, et al. 17?-estradiol improves hepatic mitochondrial biogenesis and function through PGC1B. J Endocrinol. 2017;232:297-308 pubmed..mitochondrial biogenesis and function, but little is known about the different contribution of hepatic PGC1A and PGC1B in these processes...
- Goldman N, Lomakova Y, Londregan J, Bucknum A, DePierri K, Somerville J, et al. High macrophage PD-L1 expression not responsible for T cell suppression. Cell Immunol. 2018;324:50-58 pubmed publisher..Peritoneal cavity (PerC) cell culture reproduces key features of TMEs as lymphocyte proliferation is suppressed by PerC macrophages (MÏ•..
- Kelly C, Agy C, Carlson M, Steenblik J, Bledsoe J, Hartsell S, et al. Family history of venous thromboembolism predicts the diagnosis of acute pulmonary embolism in the emergency department. Am J Emerg Med. 2018;: pubmed publisher..2% vs. 1.6% (p?=?0.009). 82.3% of patients were Pulmonary Embolism Rule-out Criteria (PERC) positive, and among PERC-positive patients, those with a family history of VTE were more likely to be diagnosed ..
- Browne G, Dragon J, Hong D, Messier T, Gordon J, Farina N, et al. MicroRNA-378-mediated suppression of Runx1 alleviates the aggressive phenotype of triple-negative MDA-MB-231 human breast cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:8825-39 pubmed publisher..of Runx1 in late-stage breast cancer cells resulted in increased expression of both the miR-378 host gene PPARGC1B and pre-miR-378, suggesting a feedback loop...
- Srivastava S, Diaz F, Iommarini L, Aure K, Lombes A, Moraes C. PGC-1alpha/beta induced expression partially compensates for respiratory chain defects in cells from patients with mitochondrial disorders. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:1805-12 pubmed publisher..These results reinforce the concept that increased mitochondrial biogenesis is a promising venue for the treatment of mitochondrial diseases. ..
- Booker M, Johnson J. Optimizing CT Pulmonary Angiogram Utilization in a Community Emergency Department: A Pre- and Postintervention Study. J Am Coll Radiol. 2017;14:65-71 pubmed publisher..2% in the pre- and postintervention groups, respectively. Similarly, the workup of patients based on retrospective PERC and Wells-score criteria did not significantly improve after the intervention...
- Freund Y, Rousseau A, Guyot Rousseau F, Claessens Y, Hugli O, Sanchez O, et al. PERC rule to exclude the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism in emergency low-risk patients: study protocol for the PROPER randomized controlled study. Trials. 2015;16:537 pubmed publisher..The Pulmonary Embolism Rule-out Criteria (PERC) is an eight-item block of clinical criteria that can identify patients who can safely be discharged from the ED ..
- Handschin C, Spiegelman B. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator 1 coactivators, energy homeostasis, and metabolism. Endocr Rev. 2006;27:728-35 pubmed..Recent studies have elucidated the function of the PGC-1 coactivators in different tissues and have highlighted the implications of PGC-1 dysregulation in diseases such as diabetes, obesity, cardiomyopathy, or neurodegeneration. ..
- Oelsner K, Guo Y, To S, Non A, Barkin S. Maternal BMI as a predictor of methylation of obesity-related genes in saliva samples from preschool-age Hispanic children at-risk for obesity. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:57 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, eight of the 17 CpG sites reside in genes (FSTL1, SORCS2, NRF1, DLC1, PPARGC1B, CHN2, NXPH1) that have prior known associations with obesity, diabetes, and the insulin pathway...
- Alix Panabières C, Cayrefourcq L, Mazard T, Maudelonde T, Assenat E, Assou S. Molecular Portrait of Metastasis-Competent Circulating Tumor Cells in Colon Cancer Reveals the Crucial Role of Genes Regulating Energy Metabolism and DNA Repair. Clin Chem. 2017;63:700-713 pubmed publisher..receptor ? coactivator 1A (PPARGC1A), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? coactivator 1B (PPARGC1B), fatty acid binding protein 1 (FABP1), aldehyde dehydrogenase 3 family member A1 (ALDH3A1)], ..
- Kline J. Diagnosis and Exclusion of Pulmonary Embolism. Thromb Res. 2018;163:207-220 pubmed publisher..for PE or a Wells score<2, they can reasonably exclude PE with the Pulmonary Embolism Rule out Criteria (PERC rule)...
- Wible R, Tran Q, Fathima S, Sutter C, Kensler T, Sutter T. Pharmacogenomics of Chemically Distinct Classes of Keap1-Nrf2 Activators Identify Common and Unique Gene, Protein, and Pathway Responses In Vivo. Mol Pharmacol. 2018;93:297-308 pubmed publisher..Although both compounds modify Keap1 to affect canonical cytoprotective gene expression, additional unique sets of Nrf2-dependent genes were regulated by each agent with enrichment of selective metabolic pathways. ..
- Wen Y, Hao J, Xiao X, Wang W, Guo X, Lin W, et al. PPARGC1B gene is associated with Kashin-Beck disease in Han Chinese. Funct Integr Genomics. 2016;16:459-63 pubmed publisher..The genetic basis of KBD remains elusive now. To investigate the relationship between PPARGC1B gene polymorphism and KBD, we conducted a two-stage association study using 2743 unrelated Han Chinese subjects...
- Shoag J, Haq R, Zhang M, Liu L, Rowe G, Jiang A, et al. PGC-1 coactivators regulate MITF and the tanning response. Mol Cell. 2013;49:145-57 pubmed publisher..These data identify PGC-1 coactivators as regulators of human tanning. ..
- Knutti D, Kaul A, Kralli A. A tissue-specific coactivator of steroid receptors, identified in a functional genetic screen. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:2411-22 pubmed..Our findings suggest a regulatory function for hPGC-1 as a tissue-specific coactivator for a subset of nuclear receptors. ..
- Pesce V, Nicassio L, Fracasso F, Musicco C, Cantatore P, Gadaleta M. Acetyl-L-carnitine activates the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? coactivators PGC-1?/PGC-1?-dependent signaling cascade of mitochondrial biogenesis and decreases the oxidized peroxiredoxins content in old rat liver. Rejuvenation Res. 2012;15:136-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a remarkable decline of Drp1 and of Mfn2 proteins is reported here for the first time, suggesting a reduced mitochondrial dynamics in aging liver with no effect of ALCAR treatment. ..
- Luo Y, Cichocki J, McDonald T, Rusyn I. Simultaneous detection of the tetrachloroethylene metabolites S-(1,2,2-trichlorovinyl) glutathione, S-(1,2,2-trichlorovinyl)-L-cysteine, and N-acetyl-S-(1,2,2-trichlorovinyl)-L-cysteine in multiple mouse tissues via ultra-high performance liquid chro. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2017;80:513-524 pubmed publisherTetrachloroethylene (perchloroethylene; PERC) is a high-production volume chemical and ubiquitous environmental contaminant that is hazardous to human health...
- Esterbauer H, Oberkofler H, Krempler F, Patsch W. Human peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma coactivator 1 (PPARGC1) gene: cDNA sequence, genomic organization, chromosomal localization, and tissue expression. Genomics. 1999;62:98-102 pubmed..Hence, PPARGC1 expression might influence insulin sensitivity as well as energy expenditure, thereby contributing to the development and pathophysiology of human obesity. ..
- Ek J, Andersen G, Urhammer S, Gaede P, Drivsholm T, Borch Johnsen K, et al. Mutation analysis of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1 (PGC-1) and relationships of identified amino acid polymorphisms to Type II diabetes mellitus. Diabetologia. 2001;44:2220-6 pubmed..0007). No interaction between this variant and the Pro12Ala polymorphism of PPAR-gamma2 was observed. A widespread Gly482Ser polymorphism of PGC-1 is associated with a 1.34 genotype relative risk of Type II diabetes. ..
- Mellies J, Platenkamp A, Osborn J, Ben Avi L. PerC Manipulates Metabolism and Surface Antigens in Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:32 pubmed publisher..The pEAF plasmid encodes an attachment factor as well as a regulatory operon, perABC. PerC, a poorly understood regulator, was previously shown to regulate expression of the type III secretion system ..
- Lacquemant C, Chikri M, Boutin P, Samson C, Froguel P. No association between the G482S polymorphism of the proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1 (PGC-1) gene and Type II diabetes in French Caucasians. Diabetologia. 2002;45:602-3; author reply 604 pubmed
- Yao Z, Jones A, Fassone E, Sweeney M, Lebiedzinska M, Suski J, et al. PGC-1? mediates adaptive chemoresistance associated with mitochondrial DNA mutations. Oncogene. 2013;32:2592-600 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results suggest that partial respiratory chain defects because of mtDNA mutations can lead to compensatory upregulation of nuclear transcriptional co-regulators, in turn mediating resistance to genotoxic stress. ..
- Cheasley R, Keller C, Setton E. Lifetime excess cancer risk due to carcinogens in food and beverages: Urban versus rural differences in Canada. Can J Public Health. 2017;108:e288-e295 pubmed publisher..Contaminant concentrations for arsenic, benzene, lead, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and tetrachloroethylene (PERC) were derived from government dietary studies...
- Cichocki J, Furuya S, Venkatratnam A, McDonald T, Knap A, Wade T, et al. Characterization of Variability in Toxicokinetics and Toxicodynamics of Tetrachloroethylene Using the Collaborative Cross Mouse Population. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:057006 pubmed publisher..For most environmental pollutants, including perchloroethylene (PERC), experimental data are lacking, resulting in default assumptions being used to account for variability in ..
- Martínez Nava G, Burguete Garcia A, Lopez Carrillo L, Hernandez Ramirez R, Madrid Marina V, Cebrian M. PPAR? and PPARGC1B polymorphisms modify the association between phthalate metabolites and breast cancer risk. Biomarkers. 2013;18:493-501 pubmed publisher..To investigate whether PPAR? and PPARGC1B polymorphisms modulate these associations. 208 BC cases were age-matched with 220 population controls...
- Chang H, Lee S, Lee J, Park J, Chung I, Park C. Functional Characterization of Exonic Variants of the PPARGC1B Gene in Coregulation of Estrogen Receptor Alpha. DNA Cell Biol. 2016;35:314-21 pubmed publisherPeroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator 1 beta (PPARGC1B) is a coactivator of estrogen receptor (ER)? and ER?...
- Gao M, Wang J, Lu N, Fang F, Liu J, Wong C. Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinases promote mitochondrial biogenesis in part through inducing peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? coactivator-1? expression. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1813:1239-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that mitogen-activated protein kinase kinases direct mitochondrial biogenesis through selectively inducing PGC-1? expression. ..
- Sen H, Seckiner I, Bayrak O, Dogan K, Erturhan S. A comparison of micro-PERC and retrograde intrarenal surgery results in pediatric patients with renal stones. J Pediatr Urol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..A total of 48 pediatric patients, who underwent RIRS or micro-PERC for pediatric kidney stone disease, were retrospectively analyzed...
- Litz C, Farach S, Fernández A, Elliott R, Dolan J, Patel N, et al. Percutaneous ultrasound-guided vs. intraoperative rectus sheath block for pediatric umbilical hernia repair: A randomized clinical trial. J Pediatr Surg. 2017;52:901-906 pubmed publisherRegional anesthesia is commonly used in children. Our hypothesis was that percutaneous ultrasound-guided (PERC) rectus sheath blocks would result in lower postoperative pain scores compared to intraoperative (IO) rectus sheath blocks ..
- Srivastava S, Barrett J, Moraes C. PGC-1alpha/beta upregulation is associated with improved oxidative phosphorylation in cells harboring nonsense mtDNA mutations. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:993-1005 pubmed..In conclusion, upregulation of PGC-1alpha and PGC-1beta in the colorectal tumor cells can be part of an adaptation mechanism to help overcome the severe consequences of mtDNA mutations on OXPHOS. ..
- Liu J, Lian Z, Xiao Y, Shi L, Chai W, Wang Y. Analysis of clinical indexes and RUNX3, TBKBP1, PPARGC1B polymorphisms in Chinese Han patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2015;19:37-43 pubmed publisher..kinase 1 binding protein (TBKBP1), and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator 1 beta (PPARGC1B) have recently been found to be associated with susceptibility to AS in patients of Western European descent...
- Hentschke M, Süsens U, Borgmeyer U. PGC-1 and PERC, coactivators of the estrogen receptor-related receptor gamma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;299:872-9 pubmed..We found that the expression of the coactivators PGC-1 (PGC-1alpha) and PERC (PGC-1beta) in mammalian cells augmented potently the transcriptional activation by ERRgamma...
- Rubio Infante N, Ilhuicatzi Alvarado D, Torres Martínez M, Reyes Grajeda J, Nava Acosta R, González González E, et al. The Macrophage Activation Induced by Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ac Protoxin Involves ERK1/2 and p38 Pathways and the Interaction with Cell-Surface-HSP70. J Cell Biochem. 2018;119:580-598 pubmed publisher..csHSP70 also was evaluated in peritoneal-cavity (PerC) macrophages of untreated BALB/c mice, interestingly it was found that the predominant population namely large-..
- Thiepold A, Lorenz N, Foltyn M, Engel A, Divé I, Urban H, et al. Mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 activation sensitizes human glioma cells to hypoxia-induced cell death. Brain. 2017;140:2623-2638 pubmed publisher..due to higher transcription rates of genes involved in mitochondrial respiratory function including PPARGC1A and PPARGC1B (also known as PGC-1? and -?)...
- Kelly T, Lerin C, Haas W, Gygi S, Puigserver P. GCN5-mediated transcriptional control of the metabolic coactivator PGC-1beta through lysine acetylation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19945-52 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PGC-1beta acetylation by GCN5 might be an important step in the control of glucose and lipid pathways and its dysregulation could contribute to metabolic diseases. ..
- Staiger H, Staiger K, Haas C, Weisser M, Machicao F, Haring H. Fatty acid-induced differential regulation of the genes encoding peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1alpha and -1beta in human skeletal muscle cells that have been differentiated in vitro. Diabetologia. 2005;48:2115-8 pubmed..has not been assessed in detail, the aim of this study was to determine whether PPARGC1A (and PPARGC1B) expression is modulated by common plasma fatty acids in human skeletal muscle cells...
- Andersen G, Wegner L, Yanagisawa K, Rose C, Lin J, Glumer C, et al. Evidence of an association between genetic variation of the coactivator PGC-1beta and obesity. J Med Genet. 2005;42:402-7 pubmed..We studied variation in the coding region of human PPARGC1B in Danish whites and related these variations to the prevalence of obesity and type 2 diabetes in population ..
- Gao M, Wang J, Wang W, Liu J, Wong C. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase affects mitochondrial function in part through inducing peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? coactivator-1? expression. Br J Pharmacol. 2011;162:1000-8 pubmed publisher..PI3K regulates mitochondrial homeostasis in part through PGC-1? and blocking this pathway induces ROS to arrest cell growth at the G? phase. ..
- Villegas R, Williams S, Gao Y, Long J, Shi J, Cai H, et al. Genetic variation in the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma co-activator 1 (PGC1) gene families and type 2 diabetes. Ann Hum Genet. 2014;78:23-32 pubmed publisher..receptors (PPAR) and the PPAR gamma co-activator 1 (PGC1) gene families (PPARA, PPARG, PPARD, PPARGC1A, and PPARGC1B) are associated with type 2 diabetes (T2D) risk...
- Penaloza A, Soulie C, Moumneh T, Delmez Q, Ghuysen A, El Kouri D, et al. Pulmonary embolism rule-out criteria (PERC) rule in European patients with low implicit clinical probability (PERCEPIC): a multicentre, prospective, observational study. Lancet Haematol. 2017;: pubmed publisherThe ability of the pulmonary embolism rule-out criteria (PERC) to exclude pulmonary embolism without further testing remains debated outside the USA, especially in the population with suspected pulmonary embolism who have a high ..
- Chang W, Jan Wu Y, Chung W, Lee Y, Chin S, Chen T, et al. Genetic variants of PPAR-gamma coactivator 1B augment NLRP3-mediated inflammation in gouty arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:457-466 pubmed publisher..receptor-Î³, proliferator-activated receptor-Î³ coactivator 1Î± ( PPARGC1A ) and 1Î² ( PPARGC1B ). The association was validated by replication and combined-sample analyses...
- Shao D, Liu Y, Liu X, Zhu L, Cui Y, Cui A, et al. PGC-1 beta-regulated mitochondrial biogenesis and function in myotubes is mediated by NRF-1 and ERR alpha. Mitochondrion. 2010;10:516-27 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results confirm the direct interaction of NRF-1 and ERR alpha with PGC-1 beta, and their participation in mitochondrial biogenesis and respiration. ..
- Hoeks J, Hesselink M, Russell A, Mensink M, Saris W, Mensink R, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1 and insulin resistance: acute effect of fatty acids. Diabetologia. 2006;49:2419-26 pubmed..065). Lipid infusion decreased PPARGC1A, PPARGC1B and PPARA expression to approximately 61, 77 and approximately 52% of basal values respectively, whereas ..
- Wolfrum C, Stoffel M. Coactivation of Foxa2 through Pgc-1beta promotes liver fatty acid oxidation and triglyceride/VLDL secretion. Cell Metab. 2006;3:99-110 pubmed..These data demonstrate that Foxa2/Pgc-1beta regulate hepatic lipid homeostasis by affecting the clearance rate of fatty acids through oxidation and/or secretion of lipids in response to insulin. ..
- Nanthirudjanar T, Furumoto H, Hirata T, Sugawara T. Oxidized eicosapentaenoic acids more potently reduce LXR?-induced cellular triacylglycerol via suppression of SREBP-1c, PGC-1? and GPA than its intact form. Lipids Health Dis. 2013;12:73 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the advantageous effects of OEPAs on cardiovascular diseases might be due to their SREBP-1c, PGC-1? and GPA mediated ameliorating effects. ..
- Wang H, Yan X, Ji L, Ji X, Wang P, Guo S, et al. miR-139 Functions as An Antioncomir to Repress Glioma Progression Through Targeting IGF-1 R, AMY-1, and PGC-1Î². Technol Cancer Res Treat. 2017;16:497-511 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggested miR-139 acted as a favorable factor against gliomas progression and uncovered a novel regulatory mechanism, which may provide a new evidenced prognostic marker and therapeutic target for gliomas. ..
- Ling C, Wegner L, Andersen G, Almgren P, Hansen T, Pedersen O, et al. Impact of the peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1beta (PGC-1beta) Ala203Pro polymorphism on in vivo metabolism, PGC-1beta expression and fibre type composition in human skeletal muscle. Diabetologia. 2007;50:1615-20 pubmedPeroxisome proliferator activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1beta (PGC-1beta, also known as PPARGC1B) expression is reduced in skeletal muscle from patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and in elderly subjects...
- Eichner L, Perry M, Dufour C, Bertos N, Park M, St Pierre J, et al. miR-378(?) mediates metabolic shift in breast cancer cells via the PGC-1?/ERR? transcriptional pathway. Cell Metab. 2010;12:352-61 pubmed publisher..miR-378(?) is embedded within PPARGC1b which encodes PGC-1?, a transcriptional regulator of oxidative energy metabolism...
- Rowe G, Jang C, Patten I, Arany Z. PGC-1? regulates angiogenesis in skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2011;301:E155-63 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that PGC-1? is a potent regulator of angiogenesis, thus providing a novel link between the regulations of oxidative metabolism and vascular density. ..
- Lu W, Yan X, Huang Q, Hu Y, Zhong M, Huang Z, et al. [Study of the 482G/A variation in PGC-1alpha gene domain MEF2C as possible mechanism of type 2 diabetes]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2008;25:616-23 pubmed..1+/- 8.97, P< 0.05). The 482A polymorphism increases the risk of developing type 2 diabetic mellitus in the South China Han population, which might be mediated by the PGC-1alpha -MEF2C-GLUT4 pathway. ..
- Guo Y, Fan Y, Zhang J, Chang L, Lin J, Chen Y. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? coactivator 1? (PGC-1?) protein attenuates vascular lesion formation by inhibition of chromatin loading of minichromosome maintenance complex in smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:4625-36 pubmed publisher
- Mortensen O, Plomgaard P, Fischer C, Hansen A, Pilegaard H, Pedersen B. PGC-1beta is downregulated by training in human skeletal muscle: no effect of training twice every second day vs. once daily on expression of the PGC-1 family. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;103:1536-42 pubmed..In conclusion, there was no difference between training protocols on the acute exercise and training response of the PGC-1 family. However, training caused a decrease in PGC-1beta mRNA levels. ..
- Abrahan C, Ash J. The Potential Use of PGC-1Î± and PGC-1Î² to Protect the Retina by Stimulating Mitochondrial Repair. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;854:403-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that PGC-1Î± and PGC-1Î² could play a role in regulating retina cell survival, and may be important therapeutic targets to prevent retinal degeneration. ..
- Fang X, Sun D, Wang Z, Yu Z, Liu W, Pu Y, et al. MiR-30a Positively Regulates the Inflammatory Response of Microglia in Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis. Neurosci Bull. 2017;33:603-615 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, miR-30a inhibited the expression of Ppargc1b, which is the co-activator of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, resulting in pro-inflammatory ..
- Frazier Wood A, Aslibekyan S, Borecki I, Hopkins P, Lai C, Ordovas J, et al. Genome-wide association study indicates variants associated with insulin signaling and inflammation mediate lipoprotein responses to fenofibrate. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2012;22:750-7 pubmed..We report novel associations between lipoprotein diameter responses to fenofibrate and the AHCYL2 and CD36 genes. Previous associations of these genes with IR emphasize the role of IR in mediating lipoprotein response to fenofibrate. ..
- Pineda Belmontes C, Hernandez Ramirez R, Hernández Alcaraz C, Cebrian M, Lopez Carrillo L. Genetic polymorphisms of PPAR gamma, arsenic methylation capacity and breast cancer risk in Mexican women. Salud Publica Mex. 2016;58:220-7 pubmed..whether the presence of polymorphisms of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma PPAR? (Pro 1 2Ala) and PPARGC1B (Ala203Pro) modifies the association between the inorganic arsenic (iAs) methylation capacity and breast cancer (..
- Zhang Y, Gan Z, Huang P, Zhou L, Mao T, Shao M, et al. A role for protein inhibitor of activated STAT1 (PIAS1) in lipogenic regulation through SUMOylation-independent suppression of liver X receptors. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:37973-85 pubmed publisher..Importantly, PIAS1 impaired LXR? binding to its target DNA sequence. Taken together, our results suggest that PIAS1 may serve as a lipogenic regulator by negatively modulating LXRs in a SUMOylation-independent manner. ..
- Li Y, Li Y, Wedren S, Li G, Charn T, Desai K, et al. Genetic variation of ESR1 and its co-activator PPARGC1B is synergistic in augmenting the risk of estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2011;13:R10 pubmed publisher..association with ER-positive breast cancer in the two independent samples, and six of them were located within PPARGC1B, encoding an ER co-activator, with the strongest association at rs741581 (odds ratio = 1.41, P = 4...
- Lian Z, Chai W, Shi L, Chen C, Liu J, Wang Y. Analysis of PPARGC1B, RUNX3 and TBKBP1 polymorphisms in Chinese Han patients with ankylosing spondylitis: a case-control study. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61527 pubmed publisherSusceptibility to and severity of ankylosing spondylitis (AS) are largely genetically determined. PPARGC1B, RUNX3 and TBKBP1 have recently been found to be associated with AS in patients of western European descent...
- Hammarstedt A, Jansson P, Wesslau C, Yang X, Smith U. Reduced expression of PGC-1 and insulin-signaling molecules in adipose tissue is associated with insulin resistance. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;301:578-82 pubmed..The combined reduction of PGC-1 and insulin signaling molecules in adipose tissue implicates adipose tissue dysfunction which, in turn, can impair the systemic insulin response in the insulin-resistant subjects. ..
- Ling C, Poulsen P, Carlsson E, Ridderstrale M, Almgren P, Wojtaszewski J, et al. Multiple environmental and genetic factors influence skeletal muscle PGC-1alpha and PGC-1beta gene expression in twins. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:1518-26 pubmed
- Park K, Shin H, Park B, Cheong H, Cho Y, Lee H, et al. Putative association of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma co-activator 1beta (PPARGC1B) polymorphism with Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabet Med. 2006;23:635-42 pubmedPeroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma co-activator 1beta (PPARGC1B) may play an important role in obesity and Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Li X, Monks B, Ge Q, Birnbaum M. Akt/PKB regulates hepatic metabolism by directly inhibiting PGC-1alpha transcription coactivator. Nature. 2007;447:1012-6 pubmed..These results define a mechanism by which insulin controls lipid catabolism in the liver and suggest a novel site for therapy in type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Fisher K, Das B, Kim H, Clymer B, Gehring D, Smith D, et al. AMPK Promotes Aberrant PGC1Î² Expression To Support Human Colon Tumor Cell Survival. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:3866-79 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Ras oncogenesis relies on the aberrant activation of a PGC1Î²-dependent transcriptional pathway via a specific AMPK isoform. ..
- Parham K, Zebol J, Tooley K, Sun W, Moldenhauer L, Cockshell M, et al. Sphingosine 1-phosphate is a ligand for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-Î³ that regulates neoangiogenesis. FASEB J. 2015;29:3638-53 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data reveal that the transcription factor, PPARÎ³, is a bona fide intracellular target for S1P and thus suggest that the S1P:PPARÎ³:PGC1Î² complex may be a useful target to manipulate neovascularization. ..
- Ahmetov I, Williams A, Popov D, Lyubaeva E, Hakimullina A, Fedotovskaya O, et al. The combined impact of metabolic gene polymorphisms on elite endurance athlete status and related phenotypes. Hum Genet. 2009;126:751-61 pubmed publisher..Ten 'endurance alleles' (NFATC4 Gly160, PPARA rs4253778 G, PPARD rs2016520 C, PPARGC1A Gly482, PPARGC1B 203Pro, PPP3R1 promoter 5I, TFAM 12Thr, UCP2 55Val, UCP3 rs1800849 T and VEGFA rs2010963 C) were first identified ..