Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PC 1
Description: ectonucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 1
Alias: ARHR2, COLED, M6S1, NPP1, NPPS, PC-1, PCA1, PDNP1, ectonucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase family member 1, E-NPP 1, Ly-41 antigen, alkaline phosphodiesterase 1, membrane component, chromosome 6, surface marker 1, phosphodiesterase I/nucleotide pyrophosphatase 1, plasma-cell membrane glycoprotein 1, plasma-cell membrane glycoprotein PC-1
Publications191 found, 100 shown here
- Polymorphism in ecto-nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 1 gene (ENPP1/PC-1) and early development of advanced diabetic nephropathy in type 1 diabetesLuis H Canani
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, and the Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Diabetes 51:1188-93. 2002..Similar findings were obtained in a family-based study. We conclude that carriers of the Q variant of ENPP1 are at increased risk for developing ESRD early in the course of type 1 diabetes...
- Mutations in ENPP1 are associated with 'idiopathic' infantile arterial calcificationFrank Rutsch
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California San Diego, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, La Jolla, California 92161, USA
Nat Genet 34:379-81. 2003..This cell surface enzyme generates inorganic pyrophosphate (PP(i)), a solute that regulates cell differentiation and serves as an essential physiologic inhibitor of calcification...
- The expression of ecto-nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 1 (E-NPP1) is correlated with astrocytic tumor gradeIndra Aerts
Department of Biomedical Science, Cellular Biochemistry, Campus Drie Eiken, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 113:224-9. 2011..Ecto-nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase-1 (E-NPP1), a membrane-bound enzyme, is involved in many cellular processes such as modulation of purinergic signalling, ..
- Ecto-phosphodiesterase/pyrophosphatase of lymphocytes and non-lymphoid cells: structure and function of the PC-1 familyJ W Goding
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Monash Medical School, Alfred Hospital, Prahran, Victoria, Australia
Immunol Rev 161:11-26. 1998..Some members may modulate local concentrations of pyrophosphate, and hence influence calcification in bone and cartilage...
- The Q121 PC-1 variant and obesity have additive and independent effects in causing insulin resistanceL Frittitta
Istituto di Medicina Interna, Endocrinologia e Malattie del Metabolismo, Ospedale Garibaldi, Universita di Catania, 95123 Catania, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:5888-91. 2001..05) of BMI, gender, age, and waist circumference. In conclusion, the Q121 PC-1 variant and obesity have independent and additive effects in causing insulin resistance...
- The association of PC-1 (ENPP1) K121Q polymorphism with metabolic syndrome in patients with coronary heart diseaseIvan Tasic
Institute of Cardiovascular and Rheumatic Diseases Niska Banja, Faculty of Medicine, Nis, Serbia
Clin Chim Acta 377:237-42. 2007....
- PC-1 (ENPP1) K121Q polymorphism in overweight and obese type 2 diabetic coronary heart disease patientsGordana Lazarevic
Clinic of Cardiovascular Diseases, Clinical Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Nis, Serbia
Acta Cardiol 63:323-30. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the prevalence of the PC-1 121Q allele and to test its association to cardiovascular risk factors in type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM) patients...
- Gender differences in the relationship of ENPP1/PC-1 variants to obesity in a Turkish populationSinan Tanyolac
Department of Medicine and Diabetes Center, University of California, San Francisco Mt Zion Medical Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:2468-71. 2008..We find evidence that variants of ENPP1/PC-1 are associated with obesity in the male Turkish population; thus, these variants may contribute to the development of the obesity in these individuals...
- Genetic variants of the ENPP1/PC-1 gene are associated with hypertriglyceridemia in male subjectsSinan Tanyolac
Diabetes Center and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 7:543-8. 2009..Membrane glycoprotein PC-1 (also termed ENPP1) is a direct insulin receptor inhibitor, and certain polymorphisms of the ENPP1/PC-1 gene have been associated with insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and diabetic complications...
- ENPP1/PC-1 gene K121Q polymorphism is associated with obesity in European adult populations: evidence from a meta-analysis involving 24,324 subjectsRuoqi Wang
Department of Cardiology, Youjiang Medical College for Nationalities, Baise 533000, Guangxi, China
Biomed Environ Sci 24:200-6. 2011..suggested a relationship between ectonucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 1 (ENPP-1) or plasma cell membrane glycoprotein 1 (PC-1) gene single nucleotide polymorphism (K121Q, rs1044498) and genetic susceptibility to obesity...
- ENPP1/PC-1 K121Q and other predictors of posttransplant diabetesMagdalene Szuszkiewicz
The Center for Human Nutrition, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas, USA
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 9:25-9. 2011..78). We conclude that black race and age are major and not modifiable risk factors for PTDM. The specific role of ENPP1 K121Q on ethnic susceptibility to PTDM deserves further investigation in larger cohorts of transplanted patients...
- Differential mechanisms of inorganic pyrophosphate production by plasma cell membrane glycoprotein-1 and B10 in chondrocytesK Johnson
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Diego 92161, USA
Arthritis Rheum 42:1986-97. 1999..This study compared the roles of the transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta)-inducible plasma cell membrane glycoprotein-1 (PC-1) and the closely related B10 NTPPPH activities in chondrocyte PPi metabolism...
- Polycystic ovary syndrome is associated with genetic polymorphism in the insulin signaling gene IRS-1 but not ENPP1 in a Japanese populationTsuyoshi Baba
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sapporo Medical University, South 1 West 16, Chu o ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido, 060 8543 Japan
Life Sci 81:850-4. 2007..We conclude that the IRS-1 Gly972Arg polymorphism is associated with PCOS in the Japanese population...
- The role of HSP70 on ENPP1 expression and insulin-receptor activationAntonella Marucci
Research Unit of Diabetes and Endocrine Diseases, Scientific Institute, Poliambulatorio Giovanni Paolo II, Viale Padre Pio, 71013, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
J Mol Med (Berl) 87:139-44. 2009..Taken together these data suggest that HSP70, by affecting ENPP1 expression, may be a novel mediator of altered insulin signaling...
- One of two chondrocyte-expressed isoforms of cartilage intermediate-layer protein functions as an insulin-like growth factor 1 antagonistKristen Johnson
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Diego, and University of California, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Arthritis Rheum 48:1302-14. 2003..Our objective was to directly define CILP functions and their relationship to IGF-1 in chondrocytes...
- PC-1 amino acid variant Q121 is associated with a lower glomerular filtration rate in type 2 diabetic patients with abnormal albumin excretion ratesSalvatore De Cosmo
Unit of Endocrinology, Scientific Institute Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Diabetes Care 26:2898-902. 2003..To study the relationships between the PC-1 K121Q variant and diabetic nephropathy (DN) in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- The association of the K121Q polymorphism of the plasma cell glycoprotein-1 gene with type 2 diabetes and hypertension depends on size at birthAgata Kubaszek
Department of Medicine, University of Kuopio, 70210 Kuopio, Finland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2044-7. 2004..We conclude that the interaction between the K121Q polymorphism of the PC-1 gene and birth length affects insulin sensitivity and increases susceptibility to type 2 diabetes and hypertension in adulthood...
- The 121Q allele of the plasma cell membrane glycoprotein 1 gene predisposes to polycystic ovary syndromeSeppo Heinonen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kuopio University Hospital, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Fertil Steril 82:743-5. 2004The K121Q polymorphism of the plasma cell membrane glycoprotein 1 gene was significantly associated with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) susceptibility, the pooled genotype distribution (K121K vs. 121Q allele) having an odds ratio of 1...
- Plasma cell membrane glycoprotein PC-1. cDNA cloning of the human molecule, amino acid sequence, and chromosomal locationM F Buckley
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Monash Medical School, Alfred Hospital, Prahran, Australia
J Biol Chem 265:17506-11. 1990..Southern blots suggest a single copy gene. In situ chromosomal hybridization localizes the gene for human PC-1 to chromosome 6q22-q23, a common site for deletions in human lymphoid neoplasia...
- Membrane glycoprotein PC-1 and insulin resistance in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusB A Maddux
Division of Diabetes and Endocrine Research, Mount Zion Medical Center of the University of California, San Francisco 94115
Nature 373:448-51. 1995..These studies raise the possibility that PC-1 has a role in the insulin resistance of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus...
- A polymorphism (K121Q) of the human glycoprotein PC-1 gene coding region is strongly associated with insulin resistanceA Pizzuti
Divisione e Unità di Ricerca di Endocrinologia, Istituto Scientifico Ospedale Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo FG, Italy
Diabetes 48:1881-4. 1999....
- Membrane glycoprotein PC-1 inhibition of insulin receptor function occurs via direct interaction with the receptor alpha-subunitB A Maddux
Department of Medicine, Mount Zion Medical Center, University of California San Francisco, USA
Diabetes 49:13-9. 2000..These studies also raise the possibility that monoclonal antibodies to PC-1 could be a new treatment for insulin resistance...
- PC-1 nucleoside triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase deficiency in idiopathic infantile arterial calcificationF Rutsch
Department of Pediatrics, Municipal Children s Hospital, Dortmund, Germany
Am J Pathol 158:543-54. 2001....
- The Q allele variant (GLN121) of membrane glycoprotein PC-1 interacts with the insulin receptor and inhibits insulin signaling more effectively than the common K allele variant (LYS121)B V Costanzo
Institute of Internal Medicine, Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, University of Catania, Ospedale Garibaldi, Italy
Diabetes 50:831-6. 2001....
- PC-1 amino acid variant (K121Q) has no impact on progression of diabetic nephropathy in type 1 diabetic patientsPeter Jacobsen
Steno Diabetes Center, Gentofte, Denmark
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:1408-12. 2002..We tested the impact of the PC-1 (K121Q) variant on loss of glomerular filtration rate (GFR) measured by the [(51)Cr]EDTA plasma clearance technique...
- The K121Q polymorphism in the plasma cell membrane glycoprotein 1 gene predisposes to early myocardial infarctionGeorg Endler
Clinical Institute of Medical and Chemical Laboratory Diagnostics, Division of Molecular Biology, General Hospital of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Mol Med (Berl) 80:791-5. 2002Elevated plasma cell membrane glycoprotein 1 (PC-1) expression and the frequent PC-1 K121Q polymorphism have recently been associated with insulin resistance...
- The K121Q polymorphism of the PC-1 gene is associated with insulin resistance but not with dyslipidemiaAgata Kubaszek
Department of Medicine, University of Kuopio, Finland
Diabetes Care 26:464-7. 2003..To investigate the relationship of the K121Q polymorphism of the plasma cell glycoprotein 1 (PC-1) gene with insulin resistance, insulin secretion, and lipids and lipoproteins...
- Genetic polymorphism PC-1 K121Q and ethnic susceptibility to insulin resistanceNicola Abate
Center for Human Nutrition and the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5927-34. 2003..This finding indicates the need for expanded studies on the association between PC-1 K121Q and insulin resistance in a representative sample of the Asian Indian population...
- Population-specific alleles: the polymorphism (K121Q) of the human glycoprotein PC-1 gene is strongly associated with race but not with insulin resistance in black and white childrenJohn A Morrison
Division of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Metabolism 53:465-8. 2004..However, the QQ genotype was population-specific, encompassing most black children versus 1% to 3% of white children. As such, K121Q genotyping should be useful in epidemiology, population genetics, and forensic anthropology...
- Increased hepatic levels of the insulin receptor inhibitor, PC-1/NPP1, induce insulin resistance and glucose intoleranceHengjiang Dong
Department of Gene Therapy and Molecular Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Diabetes 54:367-72. 2005..These in vivo data support the concept, therefore, that PC-1 plays a role in insulin resistance and suggest that animals with overexpression of human PC-1 in liver may be interesting models to investigate this pathological process...
- ENPP1/PC-1 K121Q polymorphism and genetic susceptibility to type 2 diabetesNicola Abate
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism and The Center for Human Nutrition, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9169, USA
Diabetes 54:1207-13. 2005....
- Variants of ENPP1 are associated with childhood and adult obesity and increase the risk of glucose intolerance and type 2 diabetesDavid Meyre
CNRS 8090 Institute of Biology, Pasteur Institute, Lille, France
Nat Genet 37:863-7. 2005..These findings suggest that several variants of ENPP1 have a primary role in mediating insulin resistance and in the development of both obesity and T2D, suggesting that an underlying molecular mechanism is common to both conditions...
- The K121Q polymorphism of the ENPP1/PC-1 gene is associated with insulin resistance/atherogenic phenotypes, including earlier onset of type 2 diabetes and myocardial infarctionSimonetta Bacci
Unit of Endocrinology, CSS Scientific Institute, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Diabetes 54:3021-5. 2005..In conclusion, the ENPP1/PC-1 121Q variant is associated with a progressive deterioration of the IR-atherogenic phenotype; among diabetic individuals, it is also associated with earlier onset of type 2 diabetes and MI...
- Association of K121Q polymorphism in ENPP1 (PC-1) with BMI in Caucasian and African-American adultsN Matsuoka
Division of Molecular Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:233-7. 2006....
- Overexpression of the insulin receptor inhibitor PC-1/ENPP1 induces insulin resistance and hyperglycemiaBetty A Maddux
Department of Medicine and Diabetes Center, University of California, San Francisco 94143 1616, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E746-9. 2006....
- No evidence for association of the ENPP1 (PC-1) K121Q variant with risk of type 2 diabetes in a Japanese populationParvaneh Keshavarz
Division of Genetic Information, Institute for Genome Research, The University of Tokushima, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
J Hum Genet 51:559-66. 2006..3). Our results indicated that the K121Q variant of the ENPP1 gene has very little, if any, impact on T2D susceptibility in Japanese, but may play a role in the inter-ethnic variability in insulin resistance and T2D...
- Studies of the relationship between the ENPP1 K121Q polymorphism and type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance and obesity in 7,333 Danish white subjectsN Grarup
Steno Diabetes Center and Hagedorn Research Institute, Niels Steensens Vej 2 6, NSP1 14, 2820, Gentofte, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetologia 49:2097-104. 2006b>Plasma cell membrane glycoprotein 1 (PC-1) inhibits insulin signalling by direct interaction with the insulin receptor alpha subunit...
- New polymorphism of ENPP1 (PC-1) is associated with increased risk of type 2 diabetes among obese individualsJacek Bochenski
Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 55:2626-30. 2006..In conclusion, we found a new SNP, rs997509, in intron 1 that is strongly associated with risk of type 2 diabetes in obese individuals. The molecular mechanisms underlying this association are unknown...
- ENPP1 variants and haplotypes predispose to early onset obesity and impaired glucose and insulin metabolism in German obese childrenYvonne Bottcher
Medical Department III, University of Leipzig, Philipp Rosenthal Strasse 27, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4948-52. 2006..Hence, variants in this gene may be related to obesity and insulin resistance...
- Obesity risk associated with the K121Q polymorphism of the glycoprotein PC-1 geneC Wan
Center for Human and Animal Genetics, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Diabetes Obes Metab 8:703-8. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine whether K121Q polymorphism in PC-1 gene is involved in obesity susceptibility in Chinese Han population...
- No evidence of association of ENPP1 variants with type 2 diabetes or obesity in a study of 8,089 U.K. CaucasiansMichael N Weedon
Molecular Genetics, Peninsula Medical School, Barrack Road, Exeter, EX2 5DW, UK
Diabetes 55:3175-9. 2006..25 [1.10-1.43], P = 0.0007), although there was some evidence of publication bias. In conclusion, we find no evidence that previously associated variants of ENPP1 are associated with type 2 diabetes or obesity in the U.K. population...
- Common variants in the ENPP1 gene are not reproducibly associated with diabetes or obesityHelen N Lyon
Division of Genetics, Children s Hospital Boston, Enders 561, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Diabetes 55:3180-4. 2006..6 [0.42-0.88], P = 0.007). However, these findings are not supported by other studies. We did not observe a reproducible association between these three ENPP1 variants and BMI or type 2 diabetes...
- Mechanisms of disease: Ectonucleotide pyrophosphatase phosphodiesterase 1 as a 'gatekeeper' of insulin receptorsNicola Abate
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390 9169, USA
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 2:694-701. 2006..The transmembrane glycoprotein ectonucleotide pyrophosphatase phosphodiesterase 1 (E-NPP1; also known as plasma cell membrane glycoprotein PC-1) interacts with the insulin receptor and inhibits subsequent ..
- The Q121/Q121 genotype of ENPP1/PC-1 is associated with lower BMI in non-diabetic whitesSabrina Prudente
Unit of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Scientific Institute Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:1-4. 2007..008). These data suggest that the QQ genotype of the ENPP1/PC-1 gene is associated with lower BMI. If similar results are confirmed in prospective studies, the K121Q polymorphism may help identify people at risk for obesity...
- ENPP1 K121Q polymorphism is not related to type 2 diabetes mellitus, features of metabolic syndrome, and diabetic cardiovascular complications in a Chinese populationMiao Pei Chen
Department of Clinical Research, Pingtung Christian Hospital, Pingtung, 90000 Taiwan
Rev Diabet Stud 3:21-30. 2006..Our aim was to investigate any association of ENPP1 K121Q alleles with T2DM, features of the metabolic syndrome, and diabetic cardiovascular complications in a Chinese population of Han origin...
- Ethnic differences in the frequency of ENPP1/PC1 121Q genetic variant in the Dallas Heart Study cohortManisha Chandalia
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism and The Center for Human Nutrition, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 9169, USA
J Diabetes Complications 21:143-8. 2007..Ethnic differences in ENPP1 121Q allele frequency may contribute to the increased susceptibility to type 2 diabetes observed in US minority groups...
- ENPP1 gene, insulin resistance and related clinical outcomesSimonetta Bacci
Research Laboratory of Diabetes and Endocrine Diseases, CSS Scientific Institute, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 10:403-9. 2007..This review will summarize data available on the relationship between ENPP1 and insulin resistance...
- ENPP1 K121Q polymorphism and obesity, hyperglycaemia and type 2 diabetes in the prospective DESIR StudyD Meyre
CNRS 8090 Institute of Biology, Pasteur Institute, Lille, France
Diabetologia 50:2090-6. 2007..We assessed the predictive value of ectonucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 1 gene (ENPP1) SNPs with regard to the risk of developing obesity and/or type 2 diabetes in a large French general population...
- Impact of ENPP1 genotype on arterial calcification in patients with end-stage renal failurePhilipp Eller
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:321-7. 2008..Inactivating mutations of ENPP1 are associated with generalized arterial calcification of infancy. We hypothesized the ENPP1 K121Q variant to be associated with increased vascular calcification in patients with end-stage renal failure...
- The ENPP1 K121Q polymorphism is associated with type 2 diabetes in European populations: evidence from an updated meta-analysis in 42,042 subjectsJarred B McAteer
Diabetes Unit Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Diabetes 57:1125-30. 2008..We therefore conducted a new meta-analysis that includes novel unpublished data from the ENPP1 Consortium and recent negative findings from large association studies to address the contribution of K121Q to type 2 diabetes...
- The role of K121Q ENPP1 polymorphism in diabetes mellitus and its complicationsC B Leitão
Servico de Endocrinologia, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 41:229-34. 2008..Likewise, insulin sensitivity and DM chronic complications appear not to be related to the polymorphism in this sample...
- Association of the distal region of the ectonucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 1 gene with type 2 diabetes in an African-American population enriched for nephropathyKeith L Keene
Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Diabetes 57:1057-62. 2008..Our objective was to comprehensively evaluate variants in ENPP1 for association with type 2 diabetic end-stage renal disease (ESRD)...
- Haplotype structure of the ENPP1 Gene and Nominal Association of the K121Q missense single nucleotide polymorphism with glycemic traits in the Framingham Heart StudyElliot S Stolerman
Center for Human Genetic Research and Diabetes Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 57:1971-7. 2008..We set out to confirm the association of ENPP1 K121Q with hyperglycemia, expand this association to insulin resistance traits, and determine whether the association stems from K121Q or another variant in linkage disequilibrium with it...
- The genetic susceptibility to type 2 diabetes may be modulated by obesity status: implications for association studiesStephane Cauchi
CNRS UMR8090, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Génomique et Physiologie Moléculaire des Maladies Métaboliques, Lille, France
BMC Med Genet 9:45. 2008....
- The K121Q polymorphism in ENPP1 (PC-1) is not associated with type 2 diabetes or obesity in Korean male workersHyun Ju Seo
Department of Public Health, Graduate School of Korea University, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 23:459-64. 2008..The discordance between the results of this study and those derived from studies of Dominican, South Asian, Caucasian, Finnish, and French populations might be due to differences in genetic backgrounds between these populations...
- Effect of ENPP1/PC-1-K121Q and PPARgamma-Pro12Ala polymorphisms on the genetic susceptibility to T2D in the Tunisian populationR Bouhaha
Faculty of Sciences of Tunis, Laboratory of Genetics, Immunology and Human Pathologies, 2092 Tunis, Tunisia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 81:278-83. 2008..25-0.97], p=0.02). In conclusion, our findings support the hypothesis that ENPP1-121Q is involved in the genetic susceptibility of T2D in the Tunisian population, while the PPARgamma-12Ala allele may confer protection against overweight...
- Role of the ENPP1 K121Q polymorphism in glucose homeostasisRoberto Baratta
Unit of Endocrinology, Department of Internal and Specialistic Medicine, University of Catania Medical School, Garibaldi Hospital, Catania, Italy
Diabetes 57:3360-4. 2008..To study the role of the ENPP1 Q121 variant on glucose homeostasis in whites from Italy...
- Association of the Q121 variant of ENPP1 gene with decreased kidney function among patients with type 2 diabetesSalvatore De Cosmo
Unit of Endocrinology, Scientific Institute Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 53:273-80. 2009..This study investigated whether the ENPP1 Q121 variant modulates the risk of decreased glomerular filtration rate (GFR) in patients with T2D...
- The association of ENPP1 K121Q with diabetes incidence is abolished by lifestyle modification in the diabetes prevention programAllan F Moore
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114 2622, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:449-55. 2009..DESIGN, SETTING, PARTICIPANTS, AND OUTCOME: We genotyped ENPP1 K121Q in 3548 DPP participants and performed Cox regression analyses using genotype, intervention, and interactions as predictors of diabetes incidence...
- Evidence that inhibition of insulin receptor signaling activity by PC-1/ENPP1 is dependent on its enzyme activityChen Ni Chin
Biologics Research, Merck and Co, Inc, West Point, PA 19486, United States
Eur J Pharmacol 606:17-24. 2009..Together, these results suggest that the inhibition of insulin signaling by PC-1 is somewhat specific and is dependent upon the enzymatic activity of the phosphodiesterase/pyrophosphatase...
- Association and interaction analyses of genetic variants in ADIPOQ, ENPP1, GHSR, PPARgamma and TCF7L2 genes for diabetic nephropathy in a Taiwanese population with type 2 diabetesLawrence Shih Hsin Wu
1Vita Genomics, Inc, Wugu Shiang, Taipei, Taiwan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:3360-6. 2009....
- Suppression of PC-1/ENPP-1 expression improves insulin sensitivity in vitro and in vivoHeather H Zhou
Target Validation, Merck and Co, Inc, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 616:346-52. 2009....
- ENPP1 Q121 variant, increased pulse pressure and reduced insulin signaling, and nitric oxide synthase activity in endothelial cellsSimonetta Bacci
Endocrine Unit, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, Viale Cappuccini 1, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1678-83. 2009..The genetic background of these 3 cardiovascular risk factors might be partly common. The ENPP1 K121Q polymorphism is associated with insulin resistance and cardiovascular risk...
- The ENPP1 K121Q polymorphism determines individual susceptibility to the insulin-sensitising effect of lifestyle interventionK Müssig
Department of Internal Medicine IV Endocrinology, Diabetology, Angiology, Nephrology, and Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital of Tubingen, Otfried Muller Str 10, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Diabetologia 53:504-9. 2010..We hypothesised that K121Q may predict the success of lifestyle intervention in terms of improvement of insulin sensitivity...
- Impact of ENPP1 and MMP3 gene polymorphisms on aortic calcification in patients with type 2 diabetes in a Korean populationJung Eun Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu, South Korea
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 88:87-96. 2010....
- Autosomal-recessive hypophosphatemic rickets is associated with an inactivation mutation in the ENPP1 geneVarda Levy-Litan
Department of Developmental Genetics and Virology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Am J Hum Genet 86:273-8. 2010..Our surprising result suggests a different pathway involved in the generation of ARHR and possible additional functions for ENPP1...
- Loss-of-function ENPP1 mutations cause both generalized arterial calcification of infancy and autosomal-recessive hypophosphatemic ricketsBettina Lorenz-Depiereux
Institute of Human Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Am J Hum Genet 86:267-72. 2010..Surprisingly, ENPP1 loss-of-function mutations have previously been described in generalized arterial calcification of infancy, suggesting an as yet elusive mechanism that balances arterial calcification with bone mineralization...
- [ENPP1 K121Q polymorphism and ischemic heart disease in diabetic patients]Milene Moehlecke
Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 94:157-61, 168-73, 159-63. 2010..The ecto-nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 1 (ENPP1) gene is a candidate gene for insulin resistance. Insulin resistance is a major component of metabolic syndrome (MetS) and has been implicated in ischemic heart disease (IHD)...
- [Association and meta-analysis of ENPP1 K121Q with type 2 diabetes in Han Chinese.]Min Wang
College of Life Sciences, Central China Normal University, Wuhan, China
Yi Chuan 32:808-16. 2010..The first meta-analysis of 10 Chinese studies indicated that the Q allele increased the risk of type 2 diabetes (OR=1.42, P=0.042)...
- The ENPP1 K121Q polymorphism is not associated with type 2 diabetes or obesity in the Chinese Han populationTeng Zhao
Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, PR China
J Hum Genet 56:12-6. 2011..The ectonucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 1 (ENPP1) gene, also known as plasma cell membrane glycoprotein 1, has been reported by genetic association studies as being associated with T2D and obesity in ..
- Ectonucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 1 K173Q polymorphism is associated with diabetic nephropathy in the Taiwanese populationCheng Chia Lin
Department of Urological Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung, Taiwan
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 15:239-42. 2011..We confirmed the association between the rs1044498 SNP in ENPP1 and diabetic nephropathy, especially among obese diabetic patients, in the Taiwanese population...
- The ENPP1 Q121 variant predicts major cardiovascular events in high-risk individuals: evidence for interaction with obesity in diabetic patientsSimonetta Bacci
Unit of Endocrinology, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Diabetes 60:1000-7. 2011..Insulin resistance (IR) and cardiovascular disease may share a common genetic background. We investigated the role of IR-associated ENPP1 K121Q polymorphism (rs1044498) on cardiovascular disease in high-risk individuals...
- ENPP1 K121Q polymorphism and type 2 diabetes mellitus in the Chinese population: a meta-analysis including 11,855 subjectsYan Yan Li
Department of Geriatrics, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Metabolism 61:625-33. 2012..0005). In the Chinese population, the ENPP1 K121Q gene polymorphism was implied to be involved with T2D susceptibility. People with the Q allele of the ENPP1 K121Q gene might be predisposed to T2D...
- The role of ecto-nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 1 in diabetic nephropathyDenise Alves Sortica
Endocrinology Service, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 55:677-85. 2011..The elucidation of genetic factors and their associations will provide better understanding of the pathogenesis of DN and, may consequently, lead to a more effective approach to prevention and treatment...
- The ectonucleotide pyrophosphatase phosphodiesterase 1 (ENPP1) K121Q polymorphism modulates the beneficial effect of weight loss on fasting glucose in non-diabetic individualsM Maranghi
Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Specialties, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 23:505-10. 2013..The aim of our study was to test such hypothesis, in non-diabetic overweight-obese individuals...
- Expression of the murine plasma cell nucleotide pyrophosphohydrolase PC-1 is shared by human liver, bone, and cartilage cells. Regulation of PC-1 expression in osteosarcoma cells by transforming growth factor-betaR Huang
San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center, CA 92161
J Clin Invest 94:560-7. 1994..The identification of PC-1 as an NTPPPH expressed in cells derived from bone and cartilage may prove useful in furthering the understanding of the role of NTPPPH i n physiologic and pathologic mineralization...
- A cluster of three single nucleotide polymorphisms in the 3'-untranslated region of human glycoprotein PC-1 gene stabilizes PC-1 mRNA and is associated with increased PC-1 protein content and insulin resistance-related abnormalitiesL Frittitta
Institute of Internal Medicine, Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, University of Catania, Ospedale Garibaldi, Catania
Diabetes 50:1952-5. 2001..In conclusion, we have identified a possible molecular mechanism for PC-1 overexpression that confers an increased risk for insulin resistance-related abnormalities...
- K121Q PC-1 gene polymorphism is not associated with insulin resistance in a Spanish populationJose Luis Gonzalez-Sanchez
Department of Internal Medicine II, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Obes Res 11:603-5. 2003..To investigate the effect of the K121Q plasma cell membrane glycoprotein (PC-1) polymorphism on the components of the insulin resistance syndrome in a population-based nationwide multicenter study in Spain...
- The PC-1 Q121 allele is exceptionally prevalent in the Dominican Republic and is associated with type 2 diabetesKazuyuki Hamaguchi
Department of Internal Medicine I, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, Oita 879 5593, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:1359-64. 2004..043; odds ratio = 2.74), but not obesity (P = 0.068). These results indicate that the PC-1 Q121 allele is exceptionally prevalent in the Dominican Republic, contributing to both insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes...
- Expression and localization of ecto-nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase I-1 (E-NPP1/PC-1) and -3 (E-NPP3/CD203c/PD-Ibeta/B10/gp130(RB13-6)) in inflammatory and neoplastic bile duct diseasesYoshihiko Yano
Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Cancer Lett 207:139-47. 2004Ecto-nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase-I enzyme (E-NPP) consists of three closely related molecules: E-NPP1, E-NPP2 and E-NPP3...
- Role of ENPP1 on adipocyte maturationJian Liang
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e882. 2007..This study was performed to evaluate whether ENPP1 is regulated during adipogenesis and whether over-expression in adipocytes can affect adipocyte maturation, a potential novel mechanism of ENPP1-related insulin resistance...
- Biochemical and molecular characterization of a novel choline-specific glycerophosphodiester phosphodiesterase belonging to the nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase familyHideki Sakagami
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:23084-93. 2005Nucleotide pyrophosphatases/phosphodiesterases (NPPs) are ubiquitous membrane-associated or secreted ectoenzymes that release nucleoside 5'-monophosphate from a variety of nucleotides and nucleotide derivatives...
- Differential detergent resistance of the apical and basolateral NPPases: relationship with polarized targetingJean Louis Delaunay
INSERM UMR S 538, Paris, France
J Cell Sci 120:1009-16. 2007..used MDCK cells stably transfected with the apical and basolateral pyrophosphatases/phosphodiesterases, NPP3 and NPP1, to examine the relationship between detergent resistance and apical targeting...
- A highly sensitive CE-UV method with dynamic coating of silica-fused capillaries for monitoring of nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase reactionsJamshed Iqbal
Pharmaceutical Sciences Bonn, Pharmaceutical Chemistry I, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Electrophoresis 29:3685-93. 2008..b>NPP1 and NPP3 are membrane glycoproteins that catalyze the hydrolysis nucleotides, e.g...
- Physiologic and pathologic functions of the NPP nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase family focusing on NPP1 in calcificationRobert Terkeltaub
University of California School of Medicine, VA Medical Center, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA, USA
Purinergic Signal 2:371-7. 2006..PP(i) generation from nucleoside triphosphates, catalyzed by NPP1 in tissues including cartilage, bone, and artery media smooth muscle cells, supports normal tissue extracellular PP(..
- 1,3,4-Oxadiazole-2(3H)-thione and its analogues: a new class of non-competitive nucleotide pyrophosphatases/phosphodiesterases 1 inhibitorsKhalid M Khan
H E J Research Institute of Chemistry, International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Bioorg Med Chem 17:7816-22. 2009..47 and 368microM, respectively. The K(i) values were 100microM and 360microM against the snake venom and human recombinant NPP1 enzyme, respectively. Most active compounds were found to be non-toxic in neutrophil viability assay.
- Pho5p and newly identified nucleotide pyrophosphatases/ phosphodiesterases regulate extracellular nucleotide phosphate metabolism in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeEileen J Kennedy
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, and UCSD Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0347, USA
Eukaryot Cell 4:1892-901. 2005..phosphorylation is necessary, and a specialized class of enzymes, nucleotide pyrophosphatases/phosphodiesterases (E-NPPs), has been identified in mammals to perform this function...
- Plasma cell membrane glycoprotein 1 (PC-1): a marker of insulin resistance in obesity, uremia and diabetes mellitusVladisav Stefanovic
Institute of Nephrology and Hemodialysis, Clinical Center, Faculty of Medicine, Nis, Serbia
Clin Lab 50:271-8. 2004..The great potential of insulin resistance therapy illuminated by the TZDs will continue to catalyze research in this area directed toward the discovery of new insulin-sensitizing agents that work through other mechanisms...
- Identification of hydrolytically stable and selective P2Y(1) receptor agonistsShay E Eliahu
Department of Chemistry, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
Eur J Med Chem 44:1525-36. 2009..nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolases, NTPDase1,2,3,8 (< 8% hydrolysis), and nucleotide pyrophosphatases, NPP1,3 (< or = 10% hydrolysis). Analogues 2 and 4B were selective agonists of the P2Y(1)R with EC(50)s of 0.08 and 17...
- Biochemical analysis of ecto-nucleotide pyrophosphatase phosphodiesterase activity in brain membranes indicates involvement of NPP1 isoenzyme in extracellular hydrolysis of diadenosine polyphosphates in central nervous systemAaron C Asensio
Departamentos de Bioquímica y Biol Molecular, Universidad de La Laguna, 38206 La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
Neurochem Int 50:581-90. 2007..of members of the ecto-nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase (E-NPP) family and inhibition data suggest that NPP1 ectoenzyme is involved in the cleavage of extracellular diadenosine polyphosphates in brain...
- ENPP1/PC-1 K121Q polymorphism and genetic susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in North IndiansJasvinder Singh Bhatti
Department of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Sri Guru Gobind Singh College, Chandigarh, 160019, India
Mol Cell Biochem 345:249-57. 2010..In conclusion, our results showed that ENPP1/PC-1 K121Q polymorphism is not associated with type 2 diabetes and related quantitative metabolic traits in North Indian Punjabi population...
- Up-regulated expression of cartilage intermediate-layer protein and ANK in articular hyaline cartilage from patients with calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate crystal deposition diseaseJun Hirose
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Arthritis Rheum 46:3218-29. 2002..by investigating expression of NTPPPH enzymes (cartilage intermediate-layer protein [CILP] and plasma cell membrane glycoprotein 1 [PC-1]) and ANK in human chondrocytes from osteoarthritic (OA) articular cartilage containing CPPD ..
- Diagnostic efficiency of DSM-IV indicators for binge eating episodesMarney A White
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, P O Box 208098, New Haven, CT 06520 8098, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 79:75-83. 2011....
- Non-physician practitioners' overall enhancement to a surgical resident's experienceKerri E Buch
Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Surg Educ 65:50-3. 2008..Residency program uses physician assistants and nurse practitioners, jointly termed non-physician practitioners (NPPs), to adhere to the 80-hour work-week restrictions implemented by Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical ..
- Chondrogenesis mediated by PPi depletion promotes spontaneous aortic calcification in NPP1-/- miceKristen Johnson
Rheumatology Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center University of California at San Diego, School of Medicine, CA 92161, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:686-91. 2005..human arterial media calcification of infancy to heritable PC-1/nucleotide pyrophosphatase phosphodiesterase 1 (NPP1) deficiency. NPP1 hydrolyzes ATP to generate PP(i), a physicochemical inhibitor of hydroxyapatite crystal growth...
- Environmental impact of coal industry and thermal power plants in IndiaU C Mishra
Health, Safety and Environment Group, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai, 400 085, India
J Environ Radioact 72:35-40. 2004..Hydro-electricity contributes about 25%, and the remaining is mostly from nuclear power plants (NPPs). The problems associated with the use of coal are low calorific value and very high ash content...
- Content and functional activity of von Willebrand factor in apheresis plasmaT Burnouf
Human Plasma Product Services, Lille, France
Vox Sang 87:27-33. 2004..We studied VWF content, functional activity and HMW multimers in plasmas collected by five different automated apheresis collection procedures...
- ATP-mediated mineralization of MC3T3-E1 osteoblast culturesYukiko Nakano
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Bone 41:549-61. 2007..Unlike the GTPase activity of TG2, its ATPase function was resistant to calcium, demonstrating the potential for participation in ATP hydrolysis and mineral deposition within the ECM at elevated calcium concentrations...
- Inorganic pyrophosphatase induces type I collagen in osteoblastsMonika D Polewski
Department of Medicine, Rheumatology Section, VA Health Care System UCSD, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Bone 46:81-90. 2010..Humans and mice deficient in the PP(i)-generating ecto-enzyme NPP1 demonstrate soft tissue calcification, occurring at sites of extracellular matrix expansion...
- Convergence of forelimb and hindlimb Natural Pendular Period in baboons (Papio cynocephalus) and its implication for the evolution of primate quadrupedalismD A Raichlen
Department of Anthropology, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station C3200, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Hum Evol 46:719-38. 2004..Morphol. 234 (1997) 183) have shown that fore- and hindlimb Natural Pendular Periods (NPPs) may affect quadrupedal kinematics and must converge to reduce locomotor energetic costs...
- Antibodies and neuronal autoimmune disorders of the CNSFrancesc Graus
Servei de Neurologia, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacio Biomedica August Pi i Sunyer, Villarroel 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
J Neurol 257:509-17. 2010..Group Ia comprises well-characterized onconeural antibodies (Hu (ANNA1), Yo (PCA1), Ri (ANNA2), CV2 (CRMP5), amphiphysin, Ma2) that are useful for the diagnosis of PNS...
- Jouni Uitto; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- The Plasmodium 2TM and PHIST protein familiesThomas J Templeton; Fiscal Year: 2012..proteins to subunits of ion channels prompted us to consider that they might encode the new permeability pathways (NPPs) of infected erythrocytes...
- Role of ENPP1 in insulin resistance without obesityNicola Abate; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Triple Quadrupole ThermoFisher TSQ Vantage Mass SpectrometerLarry Denner; Fiscal Year: 2010..The TSQ Vantage instrumentation requested in this application will directly impinge upon diagnosis and management of a variety of tragic chronic diseases including aging, drug addiction, diabetes, and cancer. ..
- Alcohol SBIRT Implementation in an HMO: Non-Physician Providers vs. PhysiciansJENNIFER RENE MERTENS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Assistants will be trained to use the NIAAA screener and enter the results in the Electronic Medical Record, and NPPs (e.g...
- L Darryl Quarles; Fiscal Year: 2016..Such knowledge will help us understand and better manage patients with hyperphosphatemic and hypophosphatemic disorders. ..
- Jose Luis Millan; Fiscal Year: 2015..PHOSPHO1, tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase (TNAP) and nucleosidetriphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (NPP1) in establishing a Pi/PPi ratio conducive to controlled physiological skeletal mineralization...
- Plasmodium induced new permeation pathways during hepatocyte infectionJohn B Sacci; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent functional studies have sought to identify NPPs, in Plasmodium infected erythrocytes that may be responsible for the increased permeability of the infected red ..
- PTHRP 1 to 173 IN CHONDROCYTESRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2005..Completion of these studies will indicate not only how PTHrP 1-173 can modulate OA, but also how functional properties of the PTHrP 1-173 C-terminal 140-173 domain can be harnessed to promote cartilage repair. ..
- Chondrocyte S100/Calgranulins and RAGE in OsteoarthritisRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of the work will reveal new potential targets for therapeutic intervention in OA by disconnecting inflammation from deleterious alteration of chondrocyte differentiation and function. ..
- ANK and Joint Ankylosis in SpondylitisRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will identify novel targets for enthesopathic bone fusion in spondyloarthritis. ..
- EXTRACELLULAR CALCIUM-SENSING RECEPTORS IN OSTEOBLASTSL Quarles; Fiscal Year: 2009..Successful completion of this project is certain to yield important new knowledge regarding the function of GPRC6A. ..
- DIFFERENTIAL FUNCTION AND REGULATION OF RUNX2 ISOFORMSL Quarles; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will define the unique functions of the N-terminal domains, and determine if translational regulation contributes to the tissue-specific expression of Runx2-I and Runx2-II isoforms. ..
- Exercise Training in Insulin Resistant Non-DiabeticsIra Goldfine; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Selective estrogen modulators and cognitionJames Herndon; Fiscal Year: 2005..These data in the rhesus monkey will provide valuable information on the efficacy of SERMs on female cognition and will help in evaluating the risks and benefits of using these compounds in hypoestrogenic women. ..
- MINERALIZATION STUDIES RELATED TO ORAL BIOLOGYHARRISON ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..New knowledge of matrix vesicle calcification can be applied to a broad range of topics including specific diseases in which abnormal calcification occurs. ..
- GENETICS OF FAMILIAL FOCAL SEGMENTAL GLOMERULOSCLEROSISL Quarles; Fiscal Year: 2002..Knowledge derived from FFSGS will also allow a better understanding of pathogenesis of non-hereditary forms FSGS and may provide insights regarding management of the more common sporadic forms of this disorder. ..
- PC-1 Insulin Receptor SignalingIra Goldfine; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will determine therefore whether PC-1 overexpression in fibroblast is caused by transcriptional and/or post-transcriptional mechanisms. ..
- Diabesity Gene Discovery at Chromosome 6q23Christopher Jenkinson; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..