Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ND2
Alias: MTND2, MTND2, NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2
Publications235 found, 100 shown here
- Association of the mitochondrial DNA 5178A/C polymorphism with maternal inheritance and onset of type 2 diabetes in Japanese patientsD Wang
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8, Hatanodai, Shinagawa, Tokyo 142 8666, Japan
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 109:361-4. 2001..5 +/- 10.0 years; P = 0.0073). The mt5178A/C polymorphism may be associated with maternal inheritance of type 2 diabetes and may influence the age at onset through deterioration of mitochondrial function...
- Association of the mitochondrial DNA 5178 A/C polymorphism with serum lipid levels in the Japanese populationA Kokaze
Department of Public Health, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka shi, Tokyo, 181 8611, Japan
Hum Genet 109:521-5. 2001..Mt5178 A seems to have an antiatherogenic effect. This is the first genetic epidemiological report on the association of mt5178 A/C polymorphism with serum lipid levels in the Japanese population...
- Cerebrovascular disorders and genetic polymorphisms: mitochondrial DNA5178C is predominant in cerebrovascular disordersRyuichi Ohkubo
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kagoshima University Faculty of Medicine, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, Japan
J Neurol Sci 198:31-5. 2002..Although the number of CVD patients in the present study was too small to make a final conclusion, mt5178C might be one of the genetic factors to be considered in Japanese patients with CVD...
- Mitochondrial 5178A/C genotype is associated with acute myocardial infarctionShuji Mukae
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 67:16-20. 2003..This particular polymorphism was found to be associated with development of AMI, especially in younger patients and constitutes a new risk factor for AMI...
- Longevity-associated mitochondrial DNA 5178 A/C polymorphism influences effects of cigarette smoking on serum protein fraction levels in Japanese menAkatsuki Kokaze
Department of Public Health, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka shi, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
Mech Ageing Dev 124:765-70. 2003..These results suggest that longevity-associated mt5178 A/C polymorphism may influence the effects of cigarette smoking on serum protein fraction levels in healthy Japanese men...
- Longevity-associated mitochondrial DNA 5178 A/C polymorphism and blood pressure in the Japanese populationA Kokaze
Department of Public Health, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Shinkawa Mitaka shi, Tokyo, Japan
J Hum Hypertens 18:41-5. 2004..been reported that the mitochondrial DNA 5178 adenine/cytosine (mt5178 A/C) polymorphism, also called NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2-237 methionine/leucine (ND2-237 Met/Leu) polymorphism, may be associated with longevity in Japanese ..
- Longevity-associated mitochondrial DNA 5178 A/C polymorphism is associated with intraocular pressure in Japanese menAkatsuki Kokaze
Department of Public Health, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Exp Ophthalmol 32:131-6. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine whether mt5178 A/C polymorphism influences intraocular pressure (IOP), and its relationship with the development of arteriosclerosis...
- Association of a 5178C-->A (Leu237Met) polymorphism in the mitochondrial DNA with a low prevalence of myocardial infarction in Japanese individualsKatsumasa Takagi
Department of Cardiology, Ogaki Municipal Hospital, Japan
Atherosclerosis 175:281-6. 2004..demonstrated that a C --> A transversion in mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) at nucleotide 5178 of the NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2 (ND2) gene, which results in a Lue --> Met substitution at amino acid 237, was found more frequently ..
- Interaction between longevity-associated mitochondrial DNA 5178 C/A polymorphism and cigarette smoking on hematological parameters in Japanese menAkatsuki Kokaze
Department of Public Health, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka shi, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 40:113-22. 2005Mitochondrial DNA 5178 C/A (mt5178 C/A), namely NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2 237 Leu/Met, polymorphism is as reported in literature associated with longevity and susceptibility to ischemic heart disease or cerebrovascular disorders in the ..
- Longevity-associated NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 polymorphism and serum electrolyte levels in middle-aged obese Japanese menAkatsuki Kokaze
Department of Public Health, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka shi, Tokyo, Japan
Mech Ageing Dev 126:705-9. 2005..DNA 5178 cytosine/adenine polymorphism, which is also called NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 237 leucine/methionine (ND2-237 Leu/Met) polymorphism is associated with Japanese longevity...
- Longevity-associated mitochondrial DNA 5178 C/A polymorphism is associated with fasting plasma glucose levels and glucose tolerance in Japanese menAkatsuki Kokaze
Department of Public Health, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka shi, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
Mitochondrion 5:418-25. 2005..The present results suggest that Mt5178 C/A polymorphism may be associated with FPG levels and glucose tolerance in middle-aged Japanese men...
- Longevity-associated NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 237 Leu/Met polymorphism influences the effects of alcohol consumption on serum uric acid levels in nonobese Japanese menAkatsuki Kokaze
Department of Public Health, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka shi, Tokyo, 181 8611, Japan
J Hum Genet 51:765-71. 2006NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 237 leucine/methionine (ND2-237 Leu/Met) polymorphism is reportedly associated with longevity in the Japanese population...
- NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 237 Leu/Met polymorphism modifies the effects of alcohol consumption on risk for hypertension in middle-aged Japanese menAkatsuki Kokaze
Department of Public Health, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka, Japan
Hypertens Res 30:213-8. 2007NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 237 leucine/methionine (ND2-237 Leu/Met) polymorphism is associated with longevity in the Japanese population, and the ND2-237Met genotype may exert antiatherogenic effects...
- Longevity-associated mitochondrial DNA 5178 C/A polymorphism and its interaction with cigarette consumption are associated with pulmonary function in middle-aged Japanese menAkatsuki Kokaze
Department of Public Health, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
J Hum Genet 52:680-5. 2007..Mt5178 C/A polymorphism and its interaction with cigarette consumption may be associated with pulmonary function in Japanese men...
- The mitochondrial pharmacogenomics of haplogroup T: MTND2*LHON4917G and antiretroviral therapy-associated peripheral neuropathyJ A Canter
Center for Human Genetics Research, Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 8:71-7. 2008..Two non-synonymous mitochondrial DNA polymorphisms, MTND1*LHON4216C (4216C) and MTND2*LHON4917G (4917G) were characterized in HIV-infected participants exposed to NRTIs in a randomized clinical trial...
- NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 237 Leu/Met polymorphism modulates the effects of coffee consumption on the risk of hypertension in middle-aged Japanese menAkatsuki Kokaze
Department of Public Health, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Epidemiol 19:231-6. 2009..The NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 237 leucine/methionine (ND2-237 Leu/Met) polymorphism is associated with longevity and modifies the effects of alcohol consumption on blood ..
- Mitochondrial DNA of the sea anemone, Metridium senile (Cnidaria): prokaryote-like genes for tRNA(f-Met) and small-subunit ribosomal RNA, and standard genetic code specificities for AGR and ATA codonsG A Pont-Kingdon
Department of Biology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112
J Mol Evol 39:387-99. 1994..Actiniaria) has been determined, within which have been identified the genes for respiratory chain NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2 (ND2), the small-subunit rRNA (s-rRNA), cytochrome c oxidase subunit II (COII), ND4, ND6, cytochrome b (..
- Molecular phylogenetics, tRNA evolution, and historical biogeography in anguid lizards and related taxonomic familiesJ R Macey
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 12:250-72. 1999..DNA sequence from the genes encoding ND1 (subunit one of NADH dehydrogenase), tRNA(Ile), tRNA(Gln), tRNA(Met), ND2, tRNA(Trp), tRNA(Ala), tRNA(Asn), tRNA(Cys), tRNA(Tyr), and COI (subunit I of cytochrome c oxidase), plus the ..
- Recent volcanism and mitochondrial DNA structuring in the lizard Gallotia atlantica from the island of LanzaroteP Bloor
School of Biological and Earth Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool L3 3AF, UK
Mol Ecol 17:854-66. 2008..Canary Islands) was analysed based on 1075 bp of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) sequence (partial cytochrome b and ND2) for 157 individuals from 27 sites (including three sites from neighbouring islets)...
- Population structure and gene flow of the Atlantic walrus (Odobenus rosmarus rosmarus) in the eastern Atlantic Arctic based on mitochondrial DNA and microsatellite variationL W Andersen
Department of Breeding and Genetics, Danish Institute of Animal Science, Foulum, Denmark
Mol Ecol 7:1323-36. 1998..11 polymorphic microsatellites and restriction fragment length polymorphism detected in the NADH-dehydrogenase ND1, ND2 and ND3/4 segments in mtDNA...
- Identification of novel mitochondrial mutations in Leber's hereditary optic neuropathyManoj Kumar
Laboratory for Molecular Reproduction and Genetics, Department of Anatomy, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Mol Vis 16:782-92. 2010..To screen mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) variations in Leber hereditary optic neuropathy (LHON)...
- Variation in coding (NADH dehydrogenase subunits 2, 3, and 6) and noncoding intergenic spacer regions of the mitochondrial genome in Octocorallia (Cnidaria: Anthozoa)Catherine S McFadden
Department of Biology, Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA 91711, USA
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 6:516-26. 2004..We sequenced fragments of 3 mitochondrial protein-coding genes (NADH dehydrogenase subunits ND2, ND3 and ND6) as well as the COI-COII intergenic spacer, the longest noncoding region found in the octocoral ..
- mt-Nd2a suppresses reactive oxygen species production by mitochondrial complexes I and IIIAaron M Gusdon
Department of Pathology, Immunology, and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0275, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10690-7. 2008..A cytosine to adenine transversion in the mitochondrially encoded NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2 (mt-ND2, human; mt-Nd2, mouse) gene results in resistance against type 1 diabetes and several ..
- Evaluating trans-tethys migration: an example using acrodont lizard phylogeneticsJ R Macey
Department of Biology, Box 1137, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130 4899, USA
Syst Biol 49:233-56. 2000..Sequences from three protein-coding genes (ND1, ND2, and COI) are combined with sequences from eight intervening tRNA genes for samples of 70 acrodont taxa and two ..
- Longevity-associated NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 237 Leu/Met polymorphism modulates the effects of daily alcohol drinking on yearly changes in serum total and LDL cholesterol in Japanese menRyuji Makita
Department of General Medicine, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 63:331-8. 2009Reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NADH) dehydrogenase subunit 2 237 leucine/methionine (ND2-237 Leu/Met) polymorphism, is reportedly associated with longevity in the Japanese population...
- Molecular phylogenetics and mitochondrial genomic evolution in the chamaeleonidae (Reptilia, Squamata)Ted Townsend
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 23:22-36. 2002..Sequences are reported for a genomic segment encoding eight transfer RNAs, NADH dehydrogenase component 2 (ND2), and portions of NADH dehydrogenase component 1 (ND1) and cytochrome c oxidase subunit 1 (COI)...
- Phylogenetic relationships of the Lake Tanganyika cichlid tribe Lamprologini: the story from mitochondrial DNAJulia J Day
Division of Biology, Imperial College, Silwood Park, Ascot, Berkshire SL5 7PY, UK
Mol Phylogenet Evol 45:629-42. 2007..the most complete ( approximately 70 species) mtDNA phylogeny to date for this tribe, based on NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2 (ND2 approximately 1047 bp) and the non-coding control region ( approximately 874 bp) and examine the ..
- Molecular phylogeography of endangered sharp-snouted pitviper (Deinagkistrodon acutus; Reptilia, Viperidae) in Mainland ChinaSong Huang
School of Life Sciences, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, China
Mol Phylogenet Evol 44:942-52. 2007..The entire mitochondrial ND2 gene (NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2) sequences of 86 individuals of D. acutus from 14 localities across its range in China were determined...
- Molecular phylogenetic and dating analyses using mitochondrial DNA sequences of eyelid geckos (Squamata: Eublepharidae)Pierre Jonniaux
Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Furo cho, Chukusa ku, Nagoya, Japan
Gene 407:105-15. 2008Mitochondrial DNA sequences of approximately 2.3 kbp including the complete NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2 gene and its flanking genes, as well as parts of 12S and 16S rRNA genes were determined from major species of the eyelid gecko family ..
- Phylogeography of the Brownback Salamander reveals patterns of local endemism in Southern Appalachian springsElizabeth K Timpe
Department of Biological Sciences, Oliphant Hall, 800 South Tucker Dr, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK 74104, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 52:368-76. 2009..We sequenced the mitochondrial gene encoding NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 (ND2; 753 bp) and the nuclear recombination activating gene-1 (Rag1; 1201 bp) for E...
- Phylogenetic relationships of the lamprologine cichlid genus Lepidiolamprologus (Teleostei: Perciformes) based on mitochondrial and nuclear sequences, suggesting introgressive hybridizationRobert Schelly
Division of Vertebrate Zoology, Ichthyology, American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY 10024, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 38:426-38. 2006Using sequences of the mitochondrial NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2 gene (ND2, 1047bp) and a segment of the non-coding mitochondrial control region, as well as nuclear sequences including two introns from the S7 ribosomal protein and the ..
- Testing hypotheses of Pleistocene population history using coalescent simulations: phylogeography of the pygmy nuthatch (Sitta pygmaea)Garth M Spellman
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV 89154, USA
Proc Biol Sci 273:3057-63. 2006In this paper, we use mitochondrial NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2 sequences to test Pleistocene refugial hypotheses for the pygmy nuthatch (Sitta pygmaea)...
- NADH dehydrogenase subunit genes in the mitochondrial DNA of yeastsJ Nosek
Institut Curie, Section de Biologie, Centre Universitaire Paris XI, Orsay, France
J Bacteriol 176:5622-30. 1994..e., ND1, ND2, ND3, ND4L, ND5, and ND6...
- Mitochondrial DNA sequence divergence in the Melanogaster and oriental species subgroups of DrosophilaL Nigro
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Padova, Italy
J Mol Evol 33:156-62. 1991..tRNAtrp, tRNAcys, and tRNAtyr) and portions of two protein-coding genes: the subunit 2 of the NADH dehydrogenase (ND2) and the subunit 1 of the cytochrome oxidase (COI)...
- Nucleotide sequence of nine protein-coding genes and 22 tRNAs in the mitochondrial DNA of the sea star Pisaster ochraceusM J Smith
Department of Biological Sciences, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
J Mol Evol 31:195-204. 1990..Within a continuous 8.0-kb fragment are located the genes for NADH dehydrogenase subunits 1, 2, 3, and 4L (ND1, ND2, ND3, and ND4L), cytochrome oxidase subunits I, II, and III (COI, COII, and COIII), and adenosine triphosphatase ..
- Molecular phylogenetics of western North American frogs of the Rana boylii species groupJ R Macey
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 19:131-43. 2001..DNA sequence from the genes encoding ND1 (subunit one of NADH dehydrogenase), tRNA(Ile), tRNA(Gln), tRNA(Met), ND2, tRNA(Trp), tRNA(Ala), tRNA(Asn), tRNA(Cys), tRNA(Tyr), and COI (subunit I of cytochrome c oxidase), plus the ..
- Historical relationships among Neotropical lowland forest areas of endemism as determined by mitochondrial DNA sequence variation within the Wedge-billed Woodcreeper (Aves: Dendrocolaptidae: Glyphorynchus spirurus)Ben D Marks
Department of Biological Sciences, Illinois State University, Normal, IL 61790 4120, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 24:153-67. 2002..populations using mtDNA sequence data from portions of cytochrome b, NADH dehydrogenase subunit II (ND2), and complete NADH dehydrogenase subunit III (ND3)...
- A molecular assessment of phylogenetic relationships and lineage accumulation rates within the family Salamandridae (Amphibia, Caudata)David W Weisrock
Department of Biology, Box 1137, Washington University, Saint Louis, MO 63130, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 41:368-83. 2006..using approximately 2700 bases of new mtDNA sequence data (the tRNALeu, ND1, tRNAIle, tRNAGln, tRNAMet, ND2, tRNATrp, tRNAAla, tRNAAsn, tRNACys, tRNATyr, and COI genes and the origin for light-strand replication) collected ..
- Complete nucleotide sequence of the Coturnix chinensis (blue-breasted quail) mitochondrial genome and a phylogenetic analysis with related speciesM Nishibori
Department of Genome Research, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, 305 0901, Japan
J Hered 93:439-44. 2002..position of blue-breasted quail in Galliformes Phasianidae, the 2,184 bp sequence comprising NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2 and cytochrome b genes available for eight species in Galliformes [Japanese quail, chicken, Gallus ..
- Gene rearrangements and evolution of tRNA pseudogenes in the mitochondrial genome of the parrotfish (Teleostei: Perciformes: Scaridae)Kohji Mabuchi
Ocean Research Institute, University of Tokyo, 1 15 1 Minamidai, Nakano Ku, Tokyo 164 8639, Japan
J Mol Evol 59:287-97. 2004..In the typical gene order of vertebrates, a tRNA-gene cluster between ND1 and ND2 genes includes tRNA(Ile) (I), tRNA(Gln) (Q), and tRNA(Met) (M) genes in this order (IQM)...
- Origin, diversification, and systematics of the New Zealand skink fauna (Reptilia: Scincidae)David G Chapple
Allan Wilson Centre for Molecular Ecology and Evolution, School of Biological Sciences, Victoria University of Wellington, P O Box 600, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
Mol Phylogenet Evol 52:470-87. 2009..We use 4062 bp of mitochondrial (ND2, ND4, Cytochrome b, 12SrRNA, 16SrRNA) and nuclear (Rag-1) DNA sequence data to recover a molecular phylogeny for ..
- A molecular phylogenetic analysis of the Octocorallia (Cnidaria: Anthozoa) based on mitochondrial protein-coding sequencesCatherine S McFadden
Department of Biology, Harvey Mudd College, 1250 N Dartmouth Avenue, Claremont, CA 91711, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 41:513-27. 2006..We used 1429bp of two mitochondrial protein-coding genes, ND2 and msh1, to construct a phylogeny for 103 octocoral genera representing 28 families...
- Differences in activity of cytochrome C oxidase in brain between sleep and wakefulnessElena V Nikonova
Center for Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology, School of Medicine, Hospital of the Univesity of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
Sleep 28:21-7. 2005....
- The complete mitochondrial genome structure of snow leopard Panthera unciaLei Wei
Anhui Provincial Key Lab of the Conservation and Exploitation of Biological Resources, College of Life Sciences, Anhui Normal University, Wuhu, China
Mol Biol Rep 36:871-8. 2009..We performed phylogenetic analysis based on a 3 816 bp concatenated sequence of 12S rRNA, 16S rRNA, ND2, ND4, ND5, Cyt b and ATP8 for P. uncia and other related species, the result indicated that P. uncia and P...
- Phylogeny of the caniform carnivora: evidence from multiple genesLi Yu
Laboratory of Molecular Biology of Domestic Animals, and Cellular and Molecular Evolution, Kunming Institute of Zoology, 650223, Kunming, China
Genetica 127:65-79. 2006..two introns of the beta-fibrinogen gene (beta-fibrinogen introns 4 and 7) and a complete mitochondrial (mt) gene (ND2) from 17 caniform representatives were explored for their utilities in resolving higher-level relationships in the ..
- The complex I from Rhodobacter capsulatusA Dupuis
Laboratoire de BioEnergétique Cellulaire et Pathologique BECP, EA 2019 UJF, Département de Biologie Moléculaire et Structurale CEA Grenoble, 17 rue des Martyrs, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1364:147-65. 1998..In contrast, the equivalents of the mitochondrial ND1, ND2, ND4, ND4L, ND5 and ND6 genes can be easily mutated in R. capsulatus by homologous recombination...
- Effect of 0.25 T static magnetic field on microcirculation in rabbitsJuraj Gmitrov
Department of Physiological Hygiene, The National Institute of Public Health, Tokyo, Japan
Bioelectromagnetics 23:224-9. 2002..v.) during the entire 80 min experiment. SMF was generated by four neodium-iron-boron alloy (Nd2-Fe14-B) magnets (15 x 25 x 30 mm, Neomax, PIP - Tokyo Co., Ltd...
- Distal genes of the nuo operon of Rhodobacter capsulatus equivalent to the mitochondrial ND subunits are all essential for the biogenesis of the respiratory NADH-ubiquinone oxidoreductaseA Dupuis
Laboratoire de Bioénergétique Cellulaire et Pathologique, EA 2019 UJF, DBMS, CEA, Grenoble, France
Mol Microbiol 28:531-41. 1998..characterization of mutants individually disrupted in five nuo genes, equivalent to mitochondrial genes nd1, nd2, nd5, nd6 and nd4L. Disruption of any of these genes in R...
- Rapid mtDNA deletion by oxidants in rat liver mitochondria after hemin exposureHagir B Suliman
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 32:246-56. 2002..large mtDNA deletion involving the coding regions for cytochrome c oxidase (COX 1) and NADH dehydrogenase (ND1 and ND2)...
- The complete nucleotide sequence and gene organization of the mitochondrial genome of the oriental mole cricket, Gryllotalpa orientalis (Orthoptera: Gryllotalpidae)Iksoo Kim
Department of Agricultural Biology, The National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, Suwon 441 100, Republic of Korea
Gene 353:155-68. 2005..The initiation codon for ND2 appears to be GTG, which is rare, but has been designated as an initiator of Tricholepidion gertschi ND2...
- Nuclear and mtDNA-based phylogeny of southern African sand lizards, Pedioplanis (Sauria: Lacertidae)Jane S Makokha
Evolutionary Genomics Group, Department of Botany and Zoology, Stellenbosch University, 7602, South Africa
Mol Phylogenet Evol 44:622-33. 2007..In this study we use 2200 nucleotide positions derived from two mitochondrial markers (ND2 and 16S rRNA) and one nuclear gene (RAG-1) to (i) assess the phylogeny of Pedioplanis and (ii) estimate divergence ..
- Glacial-driven vicariance in the amphipod Gammarus duebeniL Krebes
University of Rostock, Institute of Biology, Albert Einstein Strasse 3, D 18051 Rostock, Germany
Mol Phylogenet Evol 54:372-85. 2010We have examined the genetic diversity using mitochondrial COI and ND2 sequence data from 306 specimens of the amphi-Atlantic-distributed amphipod Gammarus duebeni...
- Cenozoic biogeography and evolution in direct-developing frogs of Central America (Leptodactylidae: Eleutherodactylus) as inferred from a phylogenetic analysis of nuclear and mitochondrial genesAndrew J Crawford
Naos Labs, Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, Apartado 2072, Balboa, Ancon, Panama
Mol Phylogenet Evol 35:536-55. 2005..We sequenced 1460 contiguous base pairs (bp) of the mitochondrial genome containing ND2 and five neighboring tRNA genes, plus 1300 bp of the c-myc nuclear gene...
- Molecular phylogenetics and biogeography of the Neotropical redstarts (Myioborus; Aves, Parulinae)Jorge L Pérez-Emán
Department of Biology, University of Missouri St Louis, 8001 Natural Bridge Road, St Louis, MO 63121, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 37:511-28. 2005..Here, I use mitochondrial sequences from the cytochrome b, ND2, and ND3 genes to present the first hypothesis of phylogenetic relationship among all Myioborus species level taxa...
- Complete mitochondrial genome sequences for Crown-of-thorns starfish Acanthaster planci and Acanthaster brevispinusNina Yasuda
Mechanical and Environmental Informatics, Graduate School of Information Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2 12 1 Ookayama, Meguro ku, Tokyo 152 8552, Japan
BMC Genomics 7:17. 2006..To obtain genomic information for these purposes, the complete nucleotide sequences of the mitochondrial genome of A. planci and its putative sibling species, A. brevispinus were determined and their characteristics discussed...
- Molecular phylogeny and genetic identification of populations of two species of Feirana frogs (Amphibia: Anura, Ranidae, Dicroglossinae, Paini) endemic to ChinaBin Wang
Chengdu Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu 610041, China
Zoolog Sci 26:500-9. 2009Using mitochondrial 12S rRNA, 16S rRNA, and ND2 sequences, we investigated phylogenetic relationships among populations of two frog species endemic to China, both referred to the genus Feirana...
- Molecular phylogenetic dating supports an ancient endemic speciation model in Australia's biodiversity hotspotMatthew J Morgan
School of Botany and Zoology, The Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 02000, Australia
Mol Phylogenet Evol 44:371-85. 2007..A molecular phylogeny using two mitochondrial genes (ND2 and 12S rDNA) and one nuclear gene (rag1) was used to test alternative theories about the biogeography and the ..
- Oxidative stress caused by blocking of mitochondrial complex I H(+) pumping as a link in aging/disease vicious cycleAndrea Dlasková
Department of Membrane Transport Biophysics, No 75, Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, Prague 14220, Czech Republic
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:1792-805. 2008..pumping may be attenuated by high protonmotive force or inhibited by oxidative stress-related mutations of ND5 (ND2, ND4) subunit. We predict that in a vicious cycle, when oxidative stress leads to higher fraction of, e.g...
- Mitochondrial DNA in the sea urchin Arbacia lixula: evolutionary inferences from nucleotide sequence analysisC De Giorgi
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biologia Molecolare, University of Bari, Italy
Mol Biol Evol 8:515-29. 1991..urchin mtDNA: the clustering of tRNAs, the short noncoding regulatory sequence, and the separation by the ND1 and ND2 genes of the two rRNA genes...
- The complete nucleotide sequence, gene organization, and genetic code of the mitochondrial genome of Paracentrotus lividusP Cantatore
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Bari, Italy
J Biol Chem 264:10965-75. 1989..3 kilobase pairs which contains the ND1 and ND2 genes and a cluster of 15 tRNA genes...
- Comparing molecular evolution in two mitochondrial protein coding genes (cytochrome b and ND2) in the dabbling ducks (Tribe: Anatini)K P Johnson
Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior, and Bell Museum of Natural History, University of Minnesota, St Paul, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 10:82-94. 1998Rates of sequence evolution were estimated for the cytochrome b (cyt b) and NADH dehydrogenase sub-unit 2 (ND2) genes using a phylogeny of the dabbling ducks (Tribe: Anatini) and outgroups...
- Molecular phylogenetics and historical biogeography among salamandrids of the "true" salamander clade: rapid branching of numerous highly divergent lineages in Mertensiella luschani associated with the rise of AnatoliaD W Weisrock
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 18:434-48. 2001..DNA sequences from the genes encoding ND1 (subunit one of NADH dehydrogenase), tRNA(Ile), tRNA(Gln), tRNA(Met), ND2, tRNA(Trp), tRNA(Ala), tRNA(Asn), tRNA(Cys), tRNA(Tyr), and COI (subunit I of cytochrome c oxidase), plus the ..
- Complete sequence of the Japanese quail (Coturnix japonica) mitochondrial genome and its genetic relationship with related speciesM Nishibori
Genome Research Department, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Anim Genet 32:380-5. 2001..0 to 89.9%. Because the sequences of NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2 and cytochrome b genes had been reported in five species [Phasianus colchicus (ring-neck pheasant: RP), ..
- A neodymium(III)-ammonium complex involving oxalate and carbonate ligands: (NH4)2[Nd2(C2O4)3(CO3)(H2O)].H2OJean Christian Trombe
Centre d Elaboration de Materiaux et d Etudes Structurales, CNRS, 29 rue Jeanne Marvig, BP 4347, 31055 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Acta Crystallogr C 58:m517-20. 2002..The oxalate groups are all bis-chelating. The two independent Nd atoms are ninefold coordinated and the coordination polyhedron of these atoms is a distorted monocapped antiprism...
- Systematic affinities of the lyrebirds (Passeriformes: Menura), with a novel classification of the major groups of passerine birdsPer G P Ericson
Department of Vertebrate Zoology and Molecular Systematics Laboratory, Swedish Museum of Natural History, P O Box 50007, SE 10405 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Phylogenet Evol 25:53-62. 2002..from three nuclear genes (c-myc, RAG-1 and myoglobin intron II) and two mitochondrial genes (cytochrome b and ND2)...
- Phylogenetic relationships of honey bees (Hymenoptera:Apinae:Apini) inferred from nuclear and mitochondrial DNA sequence dataMaria C Arias
Departamento de Biologia, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mol Phylogenet Evol 37:25-35. 2005Two different genomic regions (ND2 mitochondrial gene and EF1-alpha intron) were PCR amplified, cloned and sequenced for the ten known honey bee species collected within their natural range distribution...
- The African warbler genus Hyliota as a lost lineage in the Oscine songbird tree: molecular support for an African origin of the PasseridaJérôme Fuchs
UMR5202, Origine, Structure et Evolution de la Biodiversité, Departement Systematique et Evolution, Museum national d histoire naturelle, 55 rue Buffon, 75005 Paris, France
Mol Phylogenet Evol 39:186-97. 2006..To assess the affinities of Hyliota we sequenced a mitochondrial protein-coding gene (ND2, 1018bp) and a nuclear intron (myoglobin intron-2, 685bp)...
- Phylogenetic relationships of horned lizards (Phrynosoma) based on nuclear and mitochondrial data: evidence for a misleading mitochondrial gene treeAdam D Leaché
Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, Department of Integrative Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3160, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 39:628-44. 2006..1 kb of mtDNA (12S rRNA, 16S rRNA, ND1, ND2, ND4, Cyt b, and associated tRNA genes), and >2...
- History, ocean channels, and distance determine phylogeographic patterns in three widespread Philippine fruit bats (Pteropodidae)Trina E Roberts
University of Chicago, Committee on Evolutionary Biology, 1025 E 57th St, Culver Hall 402, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Mol Ecol 15:2183-99. 2006..I used partial DNA sequences of the mitochondrial genes ND2 and cyt b to investigate phylogeographic structure in three widespread Philippine fruit bats...
- Genetic and phenotypic variation among geographically isolated populations of the globally threatened Dupont's lark Chersophilus dupontiJesus T Garcia
Instituto de Investigacion en Recursos Cinegeticos, Ronda de Toledo s n, E 13005 Ciudad Real, Spain
Mol Phylogenet Evol 46:237-51. 2008..Extant populations from different geographic areas hardly shared any haplotype (only one out of 16 ND2 haplotypes was shared by Tunisian and Moroccan Dupont's larks), and consequently gene flow between geographic areas ..
- Phylogenetic relationships of the Asian palm civets (Hemigalinae & Paradoxurinae, Viverridae, Carnivora)Marie Lilith Patou
Unité Origine, Structure et Evolution de la Biodiversité CNRS UMR 5202, Departement Systematique et Evolution, Museum national d histoire naturelle, CP 51, 57 rue Cuvier, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Mol Phylogenet Evol 47:883-92. 2008..In this study, we gathered sequences of four genes (two mitochondrial: Cytochrome b and ND2 and two nuclear: beta-fibrinogen intron 7 and IRBP exon 1) for eight of the eleven extant species representing ..
- Rapid chromosomal changes inferred from variation in mitochondrial DNA among populations of the leaf beetle Chrysolina aurichalcea (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) in JapanNorikazu Kitamura
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 1 1 Minamiohsawa, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0397, Japan
Zoolog Sci 25:1111-20. 2008..determined the karyotypes of 203 individuals, and examined sequence variation in the mitochondrial NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2 (ND2) gene for all 606 individuals...
- Taxonomic status and evolutionary history of the Saxicola torquata complexRobert M Zink
Bell Museum and Department of Ecology, Evolution and Behavior, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 52:769-73. 2009We explored variation in mitochondrial ND2 gene sequences from 171 stonechats (Saxicola torquata complex) collected from 27 Eurasian and 3 African localities...
- Rapid radiation, ancient incomplete lineage sorting and ancient hybridization in the endemic Lake Tanganyika cichlid tribe TropheiniStephan Koblmüller
Department of Zoology, Karl Franzens University Graz, Universitatsplatz 2, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Mol Phylogenet Evol 55:318-34. 2010..Lake Malawi and the Lake Victoria region, was reconstructed from 2009 bp DNA sequence of two mitochondrial genes (ND2 and control region) and from 1293 AFLP markers...
- Molecular phylogenetics of the arboreal Australian gecko genus Oedura Gray 1842 (Gekkota: Diplodactylidae): another plesiomorphic grade?Paul M Oliver
Zoology Department, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Melbourne, VIC 3010, Australia
Mol Phylogenet Evol 63:255-64. 2012..Parsimony analyses of a combination of over two and a half kilobases of nuclear (PDC, Rag-1) and mitochondrial (ND2, ND4, tRNA) sequence data all identified four distinctive lineages within Oedura s.l...
- Multiple biogeographical barriers identified across the monsoon tropics of northern Australia: phylogeographic analysis of the brachyotis group of rock-wallabiesSally Potter
School of Earth and Environmental Science and Australian Centre for Evolutionary Biology and Biodiversity, University of Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Mol Ecol 21:2254-69. 2012..We sequenced ∼1000 bp of mitochondrial DNA (control region, ND2) and ∼3000 bp of nDNA (BRCA1, ω-globin and two anonymous loci) to investigate phylogeographic structuring and ..
- Unexpected combined effects of NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 237 Leu/Met polymorphism and green tea consumption on renal function in male Japanese health check-up examinees: a cross-sectional studyAkatsuki Kokaze
Department of Public Health, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
J Negat Results Biomed 12:17. 2013NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 237 leucine/methionine (ND2-237 Leu/Met) polymorphism is associated with longevity in Japanese...
- Detection of mitochondrial DNA mutations by high-throughput sequencing in the blood of breast cancer patientsLin Hai Li
Graduate School of Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510515, P R China
Int J Mol Med 33:77-82. 2014..mtDNA mutations in breast cancer have been identified in protein-coding regions (in protein-coding genes, such as ND2, COX3, ND4, ND5 and CytB)...
- Mitogenome sequence variation in migratory and stationary ecotypes of North-east Atlantic codBård O Karlsen
Department of Medical Biology RNA Lab, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway Marine Genomics Group, Faculty of Biosciences and Aquaculture, University of Nordland, N 8059 Bodø, Norway
Mar Genomics 15:103-8. 2014..We found 323 SNPs to be located in protein coding genes, of which 29 were non-synonymous. One synonymous site in ND2 was likely to be under positive selection...
- Phylogenetic relationships and description of a new upland species of Bent-toed Gecko (Cyrtodactylus Gray, 1827) of the C. sworderi complex from northeastern Peninsular MalaysiaL Lee Grismer
Affiliation unknown Email
Zootaxa 3616:239-52. 2013..0% from its closest relative C. sworderi based on the mitochondrial gene ND2. Cyrtodactylus tebuensis sp. nov...
- Molecular phylogenetics and microsatellite analysis reveal cryptic species of speckled dace (Cyprinidae: Rhinichthys osculus) in Oregon's Great BasinKendra Hoekzema
Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, Oregon State University, 104 Nash Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331 3803, USA Electronic address
Mol Phylogenet Evol 77:238-50. 2014..Malheur), as well as Stinking Lake Spring (located within Malheur), created phylogenetic trees from mitochondrial ND2 and nuclear S7 sequence data, and genotyped eight microsatellite loci for population-level analyses...
- Mitochondrial genome of the Sichuan field mouse (Apodemus latronum)Hao Yue
a Sichuan Key Laboratory of Conservation Biology on Endangered Wildlife, College of Life Sciences, Sichuan University, Chengdu, P R China
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:1088-9. 2016..Most protein-coding genes used ATG as the initiation codon. However, ND1, ND2 and ND5 began with ATA, whereas ND3 initiated with ATT...
- The complete mitochondrial genome of Sebastes koreanus (Scorpaeniformes, Scorpaenidae) from ChinaYalu Fang
a Institute of Evolution and Marine Biodiversity, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, People s Republic of China and
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:964-5. 2016..ATG start codon while COX1 had a GTG start codon; the incomplete stop codon (T/TA) was present in the COII, COIII, ND2, ND3, ND4 and Cytb genes. The complete mitogenome sequence of S...
- Two pentatricopeptide repeat domain proteins are required for the synthesis of respiratory complex IV Solotoff
Institute of Biochemistry, Heinrich Heine University, 40204, Duesseldorf, Germany
Curr Genet 61:19-29. 2015..Synthesis and/or stability of the transcript for ND2-ND3 is grossly impaired in one mutant while in the other mutant splicing of the transcript for ND1-ND4 is hampered...
- The complete mitochondrial genome of Stump-tailed Macaques (Macaca arctoides)Zongtao Liu
a Key Laboratory of Bio resources and Eco environment Ministry of Education, College of Life Sciences, Sichuan University, Chengdu, P R China and
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:1742-3. 2016..Ten protein-coding genes (ND1, COX1, COX2, ND4, COX3, ND4L, ATP8, ATP6, CYTB, ND6) started with ATG codons, while ND2, ND3 and ND5 initiated with ATT, ATC and ATA, respectively...
- The complete mitochondrial genome of wolf spider Pirata subpiraticus Boes.et str. (Araneae: Lycosidae)Zheng Liang Wang
a Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory of Biometrology and Inspection and Quarantine, College of Life Sciences, China Jiliang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:1802-3. 2016..0%; C: 8.6%; A:33.6%; G: 15.8%). Among protein-coding genes, one genes (COIII) start with TTG, four genes (ND1, ND2, ATP8 and Cytb) begin with ATT and other eight genes use ATA as initiation codon...
- Resveratrol regulates mitochondrial reactive oxygen species homeostasis through Sirt3 signaling pathway in human vascular endothelial cellsX Zhou
Research Center for Nutrition and Food Safety, Chongqing Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Food Safety, Institute of Military Preventive Medicine, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing Medical Nutrition Research Center, Chongqing 400038, PR China
Cell Death Dis 5:e1576. 2014..upregulation of forkhead box O3A (FoxO3A)-mediated mitochondria-encoded gene expression of ATP6, CO1, Cytb, ND2 and ND5, thereby leading to increased complex I activity and ATP synthesis...
- The complete mitochondrial genome of silver fox (Caniformia: Canidae)Wei Li Sun
a Institute of Special Animal and Plant Science, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences CAAS, Changchun, P R China and
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:3348-50. 2016..0% C, 14.7% G, respectively, with a AT bias (59.3%). Ten protein-coding genes use the initiation codon ATG while ND2, ND3 and ND5 use ATA...
- Proton transfer and isotope-induced reaction in aniline cluster ionsJozef Lengyel
J Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry v v i, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Dolejskova 3, 18223, Prague, Czech Republic Department of Physical Chemistry, University of Chemistry and Technology, Technicka 5, 16628, Prague, Czech Republic
J Mass Spectrom 50:643-9. 2015..in experiments with d7 -PhND2 , and additional fragments occur corresponding to (PhND2 )n ⋅(D2 N-ND-Ph-ND-ND2 )(+) ions. The possible reaction pathways to these ions and the unusual isotope effects are discussed...
- Hydrothermal synthesis, X-ray structure and DFT and magnetic studies of a (H2SiW12O40)(2-) based one-dimensional linear coordination polymerMasoud Mirzaei
Department of Chemistry, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad 917751436, Iran
Dalton Trans 44:8824-32. 2015..we report the synthesis and characterization of a novel hybrid with an inorganic-organic structure formulated as [[Nd2(L(1))2(L(2))(H2O)7][H2SiW12O40]]n·4H2O (1), in which HL(1) = nicotinic acid and H2L(2) = 2-hydroxynicotinic acid...
- Complete sequence and polymorphisms of female Ruditapes philippinarum (Mollusca: Bivalvia) mitochondria genomeJae Yeon Hwang
a Department of Animal Life Science, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Republic of Korea
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:3462-3. 2016..Deleted genomic fragments with of 265 bp and 322 bp were observed in non-coding regions, ND2 to ND4L and ND4L to tRNA(Ile), respectively. Phylogenic analysis confirmed that used organisms were female R...
- Lineage divergence in Odorrana graminea complex (Anura: Ranidae: Odorrana)Rongchuan Xiong
Chengdu Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu 610041, China Department of Life Science, Liupanshui Normal College, Liupanshui 553004, China Email unknown
Zootaxa 3963:201-29. 2015..across the majority of its range in China, based on 2780 bp DNA sequences of three mitochondrial genes (12S, 16S, ND2) in 107 samples from 20 sites...
- [Effect of mitochondrial DNA 5178 C/A polymorphism on risks for type 2 diabetes mellitus and its complications]Xunjun Yang
Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325000, P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 32:855-60. 2015To explore the role of mitochondrial DNA 5178 C/A (Mt5178) polymorphism of NADH-dehydrogenase subunit 2 (ND2) gene in type-2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) among ethnic Han Chinese through a case-control study.
- The complete mitochondrial genome of the drill (Mandrillus leucophaeus)Kai Zhang
a BGI Education Center, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenzhen, China and
Mitochondrial DNA . 2015..The gene content and order is in accord with the common vertebrate form. All PCGs share the start codon ATG except ND2(ATC), ND3(ATT) and ND5(ATA). ND1, ND2 and ATP8 use ATG as the end codon...
- Complete mitochondrial genomes of two gelechioids, Mesophleps albilinella and Dichomeris ustalella (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae), with a description of gene rearrangement in LepidopteraJeong Sun Park
Department of Applied Biology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chonnam National University, 33, Yongbong ro, Buk Gu, Gwangju, 61186, Republic of Korea
Curr Genet 62:809-826. 2016..albilinella. Excluding the MIQ rearrangement at the A + T-rich region and ND2 junction, which is found in nearly all Ditrysia, most of the remaining rearrangements found in Lepidoptera appear ..
- A new species of the genus <i>Paramesotriton</i> (Caudata: Salamandridae) from Fujian, southeastern ChinaZhiyong Yuan
College of Forestry, Southwest Forestry University, Kunming 650224, Yunnan, China
Zootaxa 4205:zootaxa.4205.6.3. 2016..8% at the ND2 gene fragment analyzed...
- Current intraspecific dynamics of sequence evolution differs from long-term trends and can account for the AT-richness of honeybee mitochondrial DNAS Koulianos
Department of Genetics and Human Variation, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Victoria 3083, Australia
J Mol Evol 49:44-8. 1999..inferred from phylogeny in terms of differences between the ATPase6, COI, COII, COIII, cytochrome b, and ND2 genes and strand asymmetry in mutation rates...
- A phylogenetic study of the malagasy couas with insights into cuckoo relationshipsK P Johnson
Bell Museum of Natural History, University of Minnesota, St Paul, Minnesota 55108, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 14:436-44. 2000..We sequenced 429 bp of cytochrome b (cyt b) and 522 bp of ND2, both mitochondrial genes, for 26 species of cuckoos spanning 13 genera...
- Molecular phylogeography of common garter snakes (Thamnophis sirtalis) in western North America: implications for regional historical forcesFredric J Janzen
Department of Zoology and Genetics, Program in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 3223, USA
Mol Ecol 11:1739-51. 2002Complete ND2 and partial ND4 and cytochrome b mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) sequences were analysed to evaluate the phylogeographic patterns of common garter snakes (Thamnophis sirtalis) in western North America...
- Congruent avian phylogenies inferred from mitochondrial and nuclear DNA sequencesJaime Garcia-Moreno
Max Planck Research Centre for Ornithology Vogelwarte Radolfzell, Schlossallee 2, 78315 Radolfzell, Germany
J Mol Evol 57:27-37. 2003..We analyzed data sets comprising nearly 4 kb of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) (complete 12S, ND1, ND2, and cytochrome b) plus 600 bp of the nuclear gene c-mos for 15 birds that were chosen to represent all major avian ..
- Clayton E Mathews; Fiscal Year: 2015..Type 1 diabetes (T1D), although a C to A transversion resulting in a leucine to methonine substitution in the mt-ND2 gene has been associated with protection from T1D in both an at risk human population and in crosses of the T1D-..
- mt-Nd2 and Resistance to Autoimmune DiabetesClayton E Mathews; Fiscal Year: 2011..Type 1 diabetes (T1D), although a C to A transversion resulting in a leucine to methonine substitution in the mt-ND2 gene has been associated with protection from T1D in both an at risk human population and in crosses of the T1D-..
- Mitochondrial DNA Variations and Susceptibility to Oxidative Injury in the RPEJiyang Cai; Fiscal Year: 2009..variation in haplogroup T mitochondria and results in a non-synonomous change, asparagine for aspartic acid, in the ND2 subunit of Complex I...
- EIKO OGISO; Fiscal Year: 2015..Aim3. Investigate the involvement of other transporter subunits NuoM(ND4) and NuoN(ND2) in indirect coupling...
- GLYCOCONJUGATES IN PANCREATIC CANCERYoung Kim; Fiscal Year: 2002..capable of modulating mucin gene expression in pancreatic cancer cells and have shown that a human-mouse chimera of Nd2 antibody is an effective agent for the identification of pancreatic tumors...
- The Role of Mitochondrial Genes in HypertensionFaina Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Roles of TBX3 and its Isoform, TBX3+2a, in Breast CancerTaosheng Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..By working with both an animal model and tissue acquired from breast surgeries, the proposed research aims to optimize the clinical relevance of the work. ..
- Study on the intracellular Network of TBX3Taosheng Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Elucidation of the TBX3- HDAC interaction will deepen our understanding of the functions of TBX3 and may also lead to the identification of a novel therapeutic target for breast cancer. ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY IN NEURODEGENERATIONRussell Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Mitochondiral Injury and Anemia in Elderly Patients with Chronic Kidney DiseaseMadhumathi Rao; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TGF-beta1 and PAI-1 genotypes in Chronic Kidney DiseaseMadhumathi Rao; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed training program and research project will prepare her for a career as an independent investigator. ..