Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NANOG
Description: Nanog homeobox
Alias: homeobox protein NANOG, homeobox transcription factor Nanog, homeobox transcription factor Nanog-delta 48
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- Core transcriptional regulatory circuitry in human embryonic stem cellsLaurie A Boyer
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Cell 122:947-56. 2005The transcription factors OCT4, SOX2, and NANOG have essential roles in early development and are required for the propagation of undifferentiated embryonic stem (ES) cells in culture...
- Stem cell marker (Nanog) and Stat-3 signaling promote MicroRNA-21 expression and chemoresistance in hyaluronan/CD44-activated head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cellsL Y W Bourguignon
San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco and Endocrine Unit 111N2, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Oncogene 31:149-60. 2012..investigated matrix hyaluronan (HA)-induced CD44 (a primary HA receptor) interaction with the stem cell markers, Nanog and Stat-3, in HNSCC cells (HSC-3 cells)...
- Hedgehog controls neural stem cells through p53-independent regulation of NanogAgnese Po
Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
EMBO J 29:2646-58. 2010..The transcription factor Nanog controls stemness acting as a key determinant of both embryonic SC self-renewal and differentiated somatic cells ..
- Expression profile of the embryonic markers nanog, OCT-4, SSEA-1, SSEA-4, and frizzled-9 receptor in human periodontal ligament mesenchymal stem cellsOriana Trubiani
Department of Oral Science, University of Chieti Pescara, Chieti, Italy
J Cell Physiol 225:123-31. 2010..They are additionally positive for nanog and Oct-4; two critical transcription factors directing self-renewal and pluripotency of embryonic stem cells, and ..
- Regulation of self-renewal and pluripotency by Sox2 in human embryonic stem cellsHelen Fong
Sue and Bill Gross Stem Cell Research Program, Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
Stem Cells 26:1931-8. 2008..Studies in mice have implicated three factors in regulating pluripotency in embryonic stem cells, Oct4, Nanog, and Sox2...
- RNA interference-mediated silencing of NANOG reduces cell proliferation and induces G0/G1 cell cycle arrest in breast cancer cellsJinghua Han
Key Laboratory of Breast Cancer Prevention and Therapy, Tianjin Medical University, Ministry of Education, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin, PR China
Cancer Lett 321:80-8. 2012..b>NANOG is a homeodomain-containing transcription factor that functions to maintain self-renewal and proliferation of ..
- An intact homeobox domain is required for complete nuclear localization of human NanogHyun Jin Do
Chabiotech Co Ltd, Seoul 135 907, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 353:770-5. 2007b>Nanog is a homeobox-containing transcriptional factor required for maintaining the pluripotent state of stem cells. We investigated the nuclear localization signal (NLS) motif required for human Nanog (hNanog) nuclear import...
- Genome-wide analysis reveals Sall4 to be a major regulator of pluripotency in murine-embryonic stem cellsJianchang Yang
Division of Laboratory Medicine, Nevada Cancer Institute, One Breakthrough Way, Las Vegas, NV 89135, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:19756-61. 2008..Sall4, a zinc-finger transcription factor, is expressed very early in embryonic development with Oct4 and Nanog, two well-characterized pluripotency regulators...
- The homeoprotein Nanog is required for maintenance of pluripotency in mouse epiblast and ES cellsKaoru Mitsui
Laboratory of Animal Molecular Technology, Research and Education Center for Genetic Information, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Nara 630 0192, Japan
Cell 113:631-42. 2003..We found that one of them, encoding the homeoprotein Nanog, was capable of maintaining ES cell self-renewal independently of LIF/Stat3...
- Functional expression cloning of Nanog, a pluripotency sustaining factor in embryonic stem cellsIan Chambers
Institute for Stem Cell Research, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JQ, Scotland
Cell 113:643-55. 2003..We applied expression cloning in mouse ES cells to isolate a self-renewal determinant. Nanog is a divergent homeodomain protein that directs propagation of undifferentiated ES cells...
- Downregulation of NANOG induces differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to extraembryonic lineagesLouise Hyslop
Centre for Stem Cell Biology and Developmental Genetics, University of Newcastle International Centre for Life, Newcastle NE1 3BZ, United Kingdom
Stem Cells 23:1035-43. 2005The homeobox transcription factor Nanog has been proposed to play a crucial role in the maintenance of the undifferentiated state of murine embryonic stem cells...
- Nanog and transcriptional networks in embryonic stem cell pluripotencyGuangjin Pan
The Wisconsin National Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1220 Capitol Court, Madison, WI 53715 1299, USA
Cell Res 17:42-9. 2007..A unique homeobox transcription factor, Nanog, is one of the key downstream effectors of these signals...
- A role for NANOG in G1 to S transition in human embryonic stem cells through direct binding of CDK6 and CDC25AXin Zhang
NorthEast England Stem Cell Institute, Institute of Human Genetics, Newcastle University, International Centre for Life, Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK
J Cell Biol 184:67-82. 2009In this study, we show that NANOG, a master transcription factor, regulates S-phase entry in human embryonic stem cells (hESCs) via transcriptional regulation of cell cycle regulatory components...
- Expression of NANOG and NANOGP8 in a variety of undifferentiated and differentiated human cellsSakthikumar Ambady
Department of Biology and Biotechnology, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA, USA
Int J Dev Biol 54:1743-54. 2010The transcription factor NANOG is essential for maintaining pluripotency in embryonic stem cells...
- PEST motif sequence regulating human NANOG for proteasomal degradationSuresh Ramakrishna
Department of Biomedical Science, CHA General Hospital, CHA University, Seoul, Korea
Stem Cells Dev 20:1511-9. 2011A number of transcriptional factors are required for pluripotency of stem cells. NANOG, a homeobox transcription factor, plays a critical role in regulating embryonic stem cell (ESC) pluripotency...
- NANOG promotes cancer stem cell characteristics and prostate cancer resistance to androgen deprivationC R Jeter
Department of Molecular Carcinogenesis, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, Smithville, USA
Oncogene 30:3833-45. 2011..recently reported that short-hairpin RNA-mediated knockdown of the embryonic stem cell (ESC) self-renewal gene NANOG significantly reduced the clonogenic and tumorigenic capabilities of various cancer cells...
- Nocodazole treatment decreases expression of pluripotency markers Nanog and Oct4 in human embryonic stem cellsAde Kallas
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
PLoS ONE 6:e19114. 2011..Here we report for the first time the changes in the expression of transcription markers Nanog and Oct4 as well as SSEA-3 and SSEA-4 in human embryonic cells after their treatment with nocodazole...
- Human STELLAR, NANOG, and GDF3 genes are expressed in pluripotent cells and map to chromosome 12p13, a hotspot for teratocarcinomaAmander T Clark
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Center for Reproductive Sciences, San Francisco, California, USA
Stem Cells 22:169-79. 2004..to a previously uncharacterized homeobox gene, which is the human homolog of the recently identified murine gene, Nanog, and proximal to the GDF3 locus, whose transcription is restricted to germ cell tumor cells...
- Identification, cloning and expression analysis of the pluripotency promoting Nanog genes in mouse and humanAdam H Hart
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Dev Dyn 230:187-98. 2004The murine Nanog gene, a member of the homeobox family of DNA binding transcription factors, has been shown recently to maintain pluripotency of embryonic stem cells...
- Eleven daughters of NANOGH Anne F Booth
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PS, UK
Genomics 84:229-38. 2004b>Nanog is a recently discovered ANTP class homeobox gene. Mouse Nanog is expressed in the inner cell mass and in embryonic stem cells and has roles in self-renewal and maintenance of pluripotency...
- Pluripotential competence of cells associated with Nanog activityShin Ya Hatano
Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, 53 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Mech Dev 122:67-79. 2005b>Nanog is a novel pluripotential cell-specific gene that plays a crucial role in maintaining the undifferentiated state of early postimplantation embryos and embryonic stem (ES) cells...
- Sequential DNA methylation of the Nanog and Oct-4 upstream regions in human NT2 cells during neuronal differentiationParomita Deb-Rinker
Neurobiology Program, Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa K1A 0R6, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:6257-60. 2005..NT2 cells, which differentiate into neurons and astrocytes, initially express and then permanently down-regulate Nanog and Oct-4 (POU5F1)...
- High-efficiency RNA interference in human embryonic stem cellsHolm Zaehres
Harvard Stem Cell Institute and Harvard Medical School, Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology and Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Stem Cells 23:299-305. 2005..of a green fluorescent protein (GFP) trans gene and the stem cell-specific transcription factors Oct4/POU5F1 and Nanog in human embryonic stem cells...
- Stem cell pluripotency factor NANOG is expressed in human fetal gonocytes, testicular carcinoma in situ and germ cell tumoursC E Hoei-Hansen
University Department of Growth and Reproduction and Department of Pathology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Histopathology 47:48-56. 2005b>NANOG is a key regulator of embryonic stem cell (ESC) self-renewal and pluripotency...
- Identification of a putative transactivation domain in human NanogJong Hyun Oh
Graduate School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Pochon CHA University, Seoul 135 907, Korea
Exp Mol Med 37:250-4. 2005b>Nanog is a newly identified divergent homeodomain protein that directs the infinite propagation and sustains the pluripotency of embryonic stem cells...
- Identification and functional characterization of an alternative splice variant within the fourth exon of human nanogJung Sun Kim
Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, College of Science and Technology, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, Korea
Exp Mol Med 37:601-7. 2005b>Nanog, a homeodomain (HD) transcription factor, plays a critical role in the maintenance of embryonic stem (ES) cell self-renewal. Here, we report the identification of an alternatively-spliced variant of nanog...
- Nanog transforms NIH3T3 cells and targets cell-type restricted genesDan Piestun
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 343:279-85. 2006The transcription factor Nanog is uniquely expressed in embryonic stem (ES) cells and in germ cell tumors and is important for self-renewal...
- Epigenetic reprogramming of OCT4 and NANOG regulatory regions by embryonal carcinoma cell extractChristel T Freberg
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, 0317 Oslo, Norway
Mol Biol Cell 18:1543-53. 2007..of DNA methylation and histone modifications on regulatory regions of the developmentally regulated OCT4 and NANOG genes by exposure of 293T cells to EC cell extract...
- Nanog inhibits the switch of myogenic cells towards the osteogenic lineageBose S Kochupurakkal
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 365:846-50. 2008The homeodomain transcription factor Nanog has been implicated in inhibiting differentiation and controlling pluripotency of embryonic stem (ES) cells...
- Stem-cell-abundant proteins Nanog, Nucleostemin and Musashi1 are highly expressed in malignant cervical epithelial cellsFeng Ye
Women s Reproductive Health Laboratory of Zhejiang Province, Women s Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Xueshi Rd 2, Hangzhou, 310006, China
BMC Cancer 8:108. 2008b>Nanog, nucleostemin (NS) and musashi1 (Msi1) are proteins that are highly expressed in undifferentiated embryonic stem (ES) cells and have been shown to be essential in maintaining the pluripotency and regulating the proliferation and ..
- Hyaluronan-CD44 interaction activates stem cell marker Nanog, Stat-3-mediated MDR1 gene expression, and ankyrin-regulated multidrug efflux in breast and ovarian tumor cellsLilly Y W Bourguignon
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, and Endocrine Unit, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Biol Chem 283:17635-51. 2008..In this study we investigated HA-induced interaction between CD44 (a HA receptor) and Nanog (an embryonic stem cell transcription factor) in both human breast tumor cells (MCF-7 cells) and human ovarian ..
- Positive correlations of Oct-4 and Nanog in oral cancer stem-like cells and high-grade oral squamous cell carcinomaShih Hwa Chiou
Institutes of Oral Biology, Traditional Medicine, and Anatomy and Cell Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan, People s Republic of China
Clin Cancer Res 14:4085-95. 2008..Identification and characterization of CSC from OSCC facilitates the monitoring, therapy, or prevention of OSCC...
- The transcription factor Zfp281 controls embryonic stem cell pluripotency by direct activation and repression of target genesZheng Xu Wang
Department of Hepatobilliary Surgery, Lanzhou Jin Cheng Hospital, Lan Zhou, People s Republic of China
Stem Cells 26:2791-9. 2008Oct4, Sox2, and Nanog are key components of a core transcriptional regulatory network that controls the ability of embryonic stem cells to differentiate into all cell types...
- Overexpression of NANOG in gestational trophoblastic diseases: effect on apoptosis, cell invasion, and clinical outcomeMichelle K Y Siu
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
Am J Pathol 173:1165-72. 2008..b>NANOG is an important transcription factor that is crucial for maintaining embryonic stem cell self-renewal and ..
- Two potent transactivation domains in the C-terminal region of human NANOG mediate transcriptional activation in human embryonic carcinoma cellsHyun Jin Do
Graduate School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Pochon CHA University, Seoul 135 907, South Korea
J Cell Biochem 106:1079-89. 2009The core embryonic stem cell transcription factors Oct4, Sox2, and Nanog are expressed in germ cell tumors (GCTs) and have been proposed to play a regulatory role in tumorigenesis...
- Molecular characterization of the human NANOG proteinDavid F Chang
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Research Immunology Bone Marrow Transplantation, Saban Research Institute at Childrens Hospital Los Angles, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Stem Cells 27:812-21. 2009b>NANOG is a key transcriptional regulator of pluripotent stem cell (PSC) self-renewal...
- Functional evidence that the self-renewal gene NANOG regulates human tumor developmentCollene R Jeter
Department of Carcinogenesis, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, Smithville, TX 78957, USA
Stem Cells 27:993-1005. 2009..The embryonic stem cell (ESC) self-renewal gene NANOG is purportedly expressed by some epithelial cancer cells but a causal role in tumor development has remained ..
- KLF4 and PBX1 directly regulate NANOG expression in human embryonic stem cellsKen Kwok Keung Chan
Stem Cell Group, Bioprocessing Technology Institute, A STAR Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Biopolis, Singapore
Stem Cells 27:2114-25. 2009..However, the transcriptional regulation of NANOG itself in hESCs has largely been elusive...
- Depletion of embryonic stem cell signature by histone deacetylase inhibitor in NCCIT cells: involvement of Nanog suppressionJueng Soo You
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea
Cancer Res 69:5716-25. 2009..The core stemness gene Nanog is abnormally overexpressed in human embryonic carcinoma NCCIT cells showing gene expression profiles similar to ..
- Kruppel-like factor 4 (Klf4) prevents embryonic stem (ES) cell differentiation by regulating Nanog gene expressionPeilin Zhang
Eli and Edythe Broad Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Biol Chem 285:9180-9. 2010..In addition, Klf4 directly binds to the promoter region of Nanog and regulates its expression...
- Oct4 and Nanog expression is associated with early stages of pancreatic carcinogenesisJing Wen
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei Institute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Pancreas 39:622-6. 2010To characterize the role of Oct4 and Nanog, two important homeobox transcription factors of embryonic development, in pancreatic carcinogenesis.
- Transcriptional properties of human NANOG1 and NANOG2 in acute leukemic cellsIrina Eberle
Institute of Pharmaceutical Biology DCAL ZAFES CEF, Goethe University, Biocenter, Max von Laue Str 9, 60438 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 38:5384-95. 2010Transcripts of NANOG and OCT4 have been recently identified in human t(4;11) leukemia and in a model system expressing both t(4;11) fusion proteins...
- A distinct expression pattern in mammalian testes indicates a conserved role for NANOG in spermatogenesisEwart W Kuijk
Department of Farm Animal Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 5:e10987. 2010b>NANOG is a key player in pluripotency and its expression is restricted to pluripotent cells of the inner cell mass, the epiblast and to primordial germ cells...
- NANOG regulates glioma stem cells and is essential in vivo acting in a cross-functional network with GLI1 and p53Marie Zbinden
Department of Genetic Medicine and Development, University of Geneva Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland
EMBO J 29:2659-74. 2010A cohort of genes associated with embryonic stem (ES) cell behaviour, including NANOG, are expressed in a number of human cancers...
- Phosphorylation stabilizes Nanog by promoting its interaction with Pin1Matteo Moretto-Zita
Section of Molecular Biology and Cell and Developmental Biology, Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, La Jolla, CA 92093 0322, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:13312-7. 2010..The mechanisms that maintain self-renewal of ESCs remain unclear. Here we show that Nanog, a transcription factor crucial for the self-renewal of ESCs, is phosphorylated at multiple Ser/Thr-Pro motifs...
- Role of the stemness factors sox2, oct3/4, and nanog in gastric carcinomaJunko Matsuoka
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institute of Geriatrics and Medical Science, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Surg Res 174:130-5. 2012..Recently, the stemness factors Sox2, Oct3/4, and Nanog were associated with induced pluripotent stem cells, suggesting a correlation between these stemness factors and ..
- Malignant transformation of 293 cells induced by ectopic expression of human NanogYan Li Lin
Laboratory of Cell Engineering, Institute of Biotechnology, 20 Dongdajie Street, Fengtai, Beijing 100071, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 351:109-16. 2011Tumor development has long been known to resemble abnormal embryogenesis. The ESC self-renewal gene NANOG is purportedly expressed in some epithelial cancer cells and solid tumors, but a casual role in tumor development has remained ..
- Nanog is highly expressed in ovarian serous cystadenocarcinoma and correlated with clinical stage and pathological gradeYongmiao Pan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Pathobiology 77:283-8. 2010b>Nanog is overexpressed in embryonic stem cells for cell self-renewal and differentiation. We investigated whether the Nanog expression is associated with the occurrence and development of ovarian cancer.
- Overexpression of Nanog protein is associated with poor prognosis in gastric adenocarcinomaTing Lin
Department of Pathology and Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Molecular Tumor Pathology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, People s Republic of China
Med Oncol 29:878-85. 2012b>Nanog, a key transcription factor in self-renewal and pluripotency of embryonic stem cells, has been proved to play a novel role in solid tumor development...
- Expression of the stem cell marker, Nanog, in human endometrial adenocarcinomaXi Zhou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Renmin Hospital, Hubei Medical University, Shiyan, Hubei, China
Int J Gynecol Pathol 30:262-70. 2011The embryonic stem cell self-renewal gene, Nanog, has been shown to be expressed in several tumor types and to regulate tumor development...
- Expression of NANOG in human gliomas and its relationship with undifferentiated glioma cellsChao Shi Niu
Department of Neurosurgery, Anhui Provincial Hospital, Anhui Medical University, Lujiang Road 17, Hefei, Anhui 230001, PR China
Oncol Rep 26:593-601. 2011Stemness genes, including NANOG, which have been reported to play a significant role in embryonic stem cells (ESCs), are purported to be expressed in specific human tumor types...
- The miR 302-367 cluster drastically affects self-renewal and infiltration properties of glioma-initiating cells through CXCR4 repression and consequent disruption of the SHH-GLI-NANOG networkM Fareh
INSERM U898 UNSA, Cellules Souches, Développement et Cancer, Faculte de Medecine, Av Valombrose, Nice, France
Cell Death Differ 19:232-44. 2012..Furthermore, inhibition of CXCR4 leads to the disruption of the sonic hedgehog (SHH)-GLI-NANOG network, which is involved in self-renewal and expression of the embryonic stem cell-like signature...
- CD24(+) liver tumor-initiating cells drive self-renewal and tumor initiation through STAT3-mediated NANOG regulationTerence Kin Wah Lee
State Key Laboratory for Liver Research, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam
Cell Stem Cell 9:50-63. 2011..approach, CD24 was found to be a functional liver T-IC marker that drives T-IC genesis through STAT3-mediated NANOG regulation...
- Alternative splicing produces Nanog protein variants with different capacities for self-renewal and pluripotency in embryonic stem cellsSatyabrata Das
Department of Internal Medicine, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Biol Chem 286:42690-703. 2011..The homeodomain transcription factor Nanog acts collaboratively with core factors Oct4 and Sox2 to govern the maintenance of pluripotency...
- Expression profile of embryonic stem cell-associated genes Oct4, Sox2 and Nanog in human gliomasYuji Guo
Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Experimental Teratology, Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Mental Disorders, Department of Histology and Embryology, Shandong University School of Medicine, China
Histopathology 59:763-75. 2011To investigate whether Oct4, Sox2 and Nanog, three core regulatory factors maintaining pluripotency and self-renewal of embryonic stem cells (ESCs), are coexpressed in human gliomas, and whether their expression might be linked to ..
- Cancer vaccination drives Nanog-dependent evolution of tumor cells toward an immune-resistant and stem-like phenotypeKyung Hee Noh
Divison of Infection and Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
Cancer Res 72:1717-27. 2012..The emergence of this phenotype required the transcription factor Nanog, which is induced as a consequence of immune selection...
- Nanog regulates molecules involved in stemness and cell cycle-signaling pathway for maintenance of pluripotency of P19 embryonal carcinoma stem cellsSeung Cheol Choi
Cardiovascular Center, Department of Cardiology, Korea University Anam Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Cell Physiol 227:3678-92. 2012To identify potential downstream targets of Nanog, a key transcription factor in the maintenance of pluripotency of embryonic stem (ES) and embryonal carcinoma (EC) cells, global gene expression profiles in Nanog small interfering RNA (..
- Nanog increases focal adhesion kinase (FAK) promoter activity and expression and directly binds to FAK protein to be phosphorylatedBaotran Ho
Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
J Biol Chem 287:18656-73. 2012b>Nanog and FAK were shown to be overexpressed in cancer cells. In this report, the Nanog overexpression increased FAK expression in 293, SW480, and SW620 cancer cells...
- Cytoplasmic NANOG-positive stromal cells promote human cervical cancer progressionTing Ting Gu
Department of Reproductive Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of the Medical College, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
Am J Pathol 181:652-61. 2012Tumor development has long been known to resemble abnormal embryogenesis. The embryonic stem cell gene NANOG, a divergent homeodomain transcription factor that is independent of leukemia inhibitory factor, has been reported to be ..
- Nanog siRNA plus Cisplatin may enhance the sensitivity of chemotherapy in esophageal cancerYaming Du
Department of Thoracic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Liaoning Medical University, N0 2, Section 5 Rinmin Street, Guta Dist, Jingzhou City, 121001 Liaoning, People s Republic of China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 138:1759-67. 2012Cancer stem cells are regarded as the origin of tumors that can proliferate, relapse, and metastasize. Nanog, with its capacity to maintain the pluripotency and regulate proliferation and prevent differentiation, is one of the most ..
- Oct4 and Nanog directly regulate Dnmt1 to maintain self-renewal and undifferentiated state in mesenchymal stem cellsChih Chien Tsai
Institute of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Mol Cell 47:169-82. 2012The roles of Oct4 and Nanog in maintaining self-renewal and undifferentiated status of adult stem cells are unclear...
- Stem cell transcription factor NANOG controls cell migration and invasion via dysregulation of E-cadherin and FoxJ1 and contributes to adverse clinical outcome in ovarian cancersM K Y Siu
Department of Pathology, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Special Administrative Region of China, Hong Kong, China
Oncogene 32:3500-9. 2013..b>NANOG is one of the key transcription factors essential for maintaining self-renewal and pluripotency in stem cells...
- Nanog signaling in cancer promotes stem-like phenotype and immune evasionKyung Hee Noh
Division of Infection and Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Clin Invest 122:4077-93. 2012..and that the CSC-like phenotype arises through the Akt signaling pathway via transcriptional induction of Tcl1a by Nanog. Furthermore, we found that hyperactivation of the Nanog/Tcl1a/Akt signaling axis was conserved across multiple ..
- MiR-134 regulates the proliferation and invasion of glioblastoma cells by reducing Nanog expressionChao Shi Niu
Department of Neurosurgery, Anhui Provincial Hospital Affiliated to Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui 230001, PR China
Int J Oncol 42:1533-40. 2013..the development of the embryonic stem cell-orientated differentiation to central nervous system by suppression of Nanog and neural development (including neurons, cylindraxile and dendrites) and has been shown to be downregulated in ..
- Knockdown of Oct4 and Nanog expression inhibits the stemness of pancreatic cancer cellsYuhua Lu
Surgical Comprehensive Laboratory, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu Province 226001, PR China Department of General Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu Province 226001, PR China Visitor Scholar of Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27101, USA
Cancer Lett 340:113-23. 2013..This study aimed to investigate the possible involvement of Oct4 and Nanog in pancreatic cancer...
- Overexpression of NANOG in human ES cells enables feeder-free growth while inducing primitive ectoderm featuresHenia Darr
Department of Genetics, Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Development 133:1193-201. 2006..Recently, the transcription factor Nanog was suggested to allow LIF and feeder-free growth of MESCs...
- Hyaluronan-CD44 interaction with protein kinase C(epsilon) promotes oncogenic signaling by the stem cell marker Nanog and the Production of microRNA-21, leading to down-regulation of the tumor suppressor protein PDCD4, anti-apoptosis, and chemotherapy resLilly Y W Bourguignon
Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Biol Chem 284:26533-46. 2009..to CD44 promotes PKCepsilon activation, which, in turn, increases the phosphorylation of the stem cell marker, Nanog, in the breast tumor cell line MCF-7...
- Nanog-induced dedifferentiation of p53-deficient mouse astrocytes into brain cancer stem-like cellsJai Hee Moon
Laboratory of Cell Function Regulation, College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 412:175-81. 2011..Here, we report a role of Nanog in the genesis of cancer stem-like cells...
- NANOG maintains self-renewal of primate ES cells in the absence of a feeder layerShin ya Yasuda
Department of Development and Differentiation, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, 53 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Genes Cells 11:1115-23. 2006b>Nanog is a homeodomain transcription factor that is expressed specifically in undifferentiated embryonic stem (ES) cells and has been shown to be essential in the maintenance of pluripotency in mouse ES cells...
- NANOG induction of fetal liver kinase-1 (FLK1) transcription regulates endothelial cell proliferation and angiogenesisErin E Kohler
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Blood 117:1761-9. 2011b>NANOG is a master transcription factor associated with the maintenance of stem cell pluripotency. Here, we demonstrate that transcription factor NANOG is expressed in cultured endothelial cells (ECs) and in a subset of tumor cell lines...
- Increased Nanog expression promotes tumor development and Cisplatin resistance in human esophageal cancer cellsLi Yang
Departments of Reproductive Medicine Center, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, PR China
Cell Physiol Biochem 30:943-52. 2012b>Nanog plays a key role in stem cell self-renewal and pluripotency differentiation in embryonic stem cells ( ESCs)...
- A data integration approach to mapping OCT4 gene regulatory networks operative in embryonic stem cells and embryonal carcinoma cellsMarc Jung
Molecular Embryology and Aging Group, Department of Vertebrate Genomics, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e10709. 2010..A selection of these targets has been validated, like NANOG, which harbours the evolutionarily conserved OCT4-SOX2 binding motif within its proximal promoter...
- Very small embryonic-like stem cells in cardiovascular repairWojciech Wojakowski
Third Division of Cardiology, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Pharmacol Ther 129:21-8. 2011..small embryonic-like cells (VSELs) expressing several markers of pluripotent stem cells (PSCs), such as Oct-4, Nanog and SSEA-1...
- Statistics of protein-DNA binding and the total number of binding sites for a transcription factor in the mammalian genomeVladimir A Kuznetsov
Department of Genome and Gene Expression Data Analysis, Bioinformatics Institute, 30 Biopolis Str, Singapore
BMC Genomics 11:S12. 2010....
- Generation of human-induced pluripotent stem cells from gut mesentery-derived cells by ectopic expression of OCT4/SOX2/NANOGYang Li
Peking University Stem Cell Research Center, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Cell Reprogram 12:237-47. 2010..cells (hGMDCs) could be successfully reprogrammed into induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells by OCT4, SOX2, and NANOG alone...
- Gene targeting in human pluripotent stem cells with adeno-associated virus vectorsKaoru Mitsui
Gene Therapy Division, Research Center for Genomic Medicine, Saitama Medical University, 1397 1 Yamane, Hidaka, Saitama 350 1241, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 388:711-7. 2009..report describes the successful gene targeting of the hypoxanthine phosphoribosyl transferase 1 (HPRT1) and the NANOG loci in human pluripotent stem cells with adeno-associated virus (AAV) vectors...
- Expression of early transcription factors Oct-4, Sox-2 and Nanog by porcine umbilical cord (PUC) matrix cellsRyan Carlin
Dept of Anatomy and Physiology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 4:8. 2006Three transcription factors that are expressed at high levels in embryonic stem cells (ESCs) are Nanog, Oct-4 and Sox-2...
- Hematopoietic and endothelial differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cellsKyung Dal Choi
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 53715, USA
Stem Cells 27:559-67. 2009..iPSC lines obtained from human fetal, neonatal, and adult fibroblasts through reprogramming with POU5F1, SOX2, NANOG, and LIN28 and compared it with the differentiation potential of five human embryonic stem cell lines (hESC, H1, ..
- Using small molecules to improve generation of induced pluripotent stem cells from somatic cellsCaroline Desponts
Department of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 636:207-18. 2010..Furthermore, others have shown that the combination of Oct4, Sox2, Nanog, and Lin28 could also induce reprogramming...
- Generation of germline-competent induced pluripotent stem cellsKeisuke Okita
Department of Stem Cell Biology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Nature 448:313-7. 2007..Here we show that selection for Nanog expression results in germline-competent iPS cells with increased ES-cell-like gene expression and DNA methylation ..
- Functional cardiomyocytes derived from human induced pluripotent stem cellsJianhua Zhang
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, WiCell Research Institute, Madison, WI 53792 3248, USA
Circ Res 104:e30-41. 2009..study was to characterize the cardiac differentiation potential of human iPS cells generated using OCT4, SOX2, NANOG, and LIN28 transgenes compared to human embryonic stem (ES) cells...
- Transcription-independent heritability of induced histone modifications in the mouse preimplantation embryoMatthew D VerMilyea
Chromatin and Gene Expression Group, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham Medical School, Birmingham, UK
PLoS ONE 4:e6086. 2009..immunoprecipitation technique (CChIP) to assay histone modification levels at key regulator genes (Pou5f1, Nanog, Cdx2, Hoxb1, Hoxb9) as mouse embryos progress from 8-cell to blastocyst in culture...
- No evidence for clonal selection due to lentiviral integration sites in human induced pluripotent stem cellsThomas Winkler
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Stem Cells 28:687-94. 2010..stem (iPS) cells requires the expression of defined transcription factors (among Oct3/4, Sox2, Klf4, c-Myc, Nanog, and Lin28) in the targeted cells...
- Direct reprogramming of rat neural precursor cells and fibroblasts into pluripotent stem cellsMi Yoon Chang
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9838. 2010..precursor (NP) cells and rat embryonic fibroblasts (REF) into iPS cells by retroviral transduction using either three (Oct3/4, Sox2, and Klf4), four (Oct3/4, Sox2, Klf4, and c-Myc), or five (Oct3/4, Sox2, Klf4, c-Myc, and Nanog) genes.
- FGF signal-dependent segregation of primitive endoderm and epiblast in the mouse blastocystYojiro Yamanaka
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Development 137:715-24. 2010..Recent studies showed that EPI and PE progenitors expressing the lineage-specific transcriptional factors Nanog and Gata6, respectively, arise progressively as the ICM develops...
- A biophysical model for analysis of transcription factor interaction and binding site arrangement from genome-wide binding dataXin He
Department of Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Champaign, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e8155. 2009..How transcription factors (TFs) interact with cis-regulatory sequences and interact with each other is a fundamental, but not well understood, aspect of gene regulation...
- Q2ChIP, a quick and quantitative chromatin immunoprecipitation assay, unravels epigenetic dynamics of developmentally regulated genes in human carcinoma cellsJohn Arne Dahl
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Stem Cells 25:1037-46. 2007..changes in histone H3 modifications on the 5' regulatory regions of the developmentally regulated genes OCT4, NANOG, LMNA, and PAX6 in the context of retinoic-acid-mediated human embryonal carcinoma cell differentiation...
- Chondrogenic potential of subpopulations of cells expressing mesenchymal stem cell markers derived from human synovial membranesM C Arufe
Osteoarticular and Aging Research Lab, Cellular Therapy Unit, INIBIC CH Universitario Juan Canalejo, 15006 A Coruna, Spain
J Cell Biochem 111:834-45. 2010..The expression of Sox9, Nanog, and Runx2 genes by these cells was measured by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction...
- Multipotential ability of primitive germ cells from neonatal pig testis cultured in vitroSandeep Goel
Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Reprod Fertil Dev 21:696-708. 2009..the expression of these transcription factors, as well as other vital transcription factors, such as NANOG, KLF4 and DAZL, were markedly upregulated in cultured cells...
- Dynamic epigenetic regulation of the Oct4 and Nanog regulatory regions during neural differentiation in rhesus nuclear transfer embryonic stem cellsKai Wang
Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
Cloning Stem Cells 11:483-96. 2009Oct4 and Nanog are crucial for maintaining pluripotency in embryonic stem (ES) cells and early-stage embryos...
- Diagnostic utility of novel stem cell markers SALL4, OCT4, NANOG, SOX2, UTF1, and TCL1 in primary mediastinal germ cell tumorsAijun Liu
Department of Pathology, The Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing Hospital, Beijing, China
Am J Surg Pathol 34:697-706. 2010..Here, we investigated the diagnostic utility of 6 stem cell markers (SCMs) SALL4, OCT4, NANOG, SOX2, UTF1, and TCL1 in 16 primary mediastinal seminomas, 3 embryonal carcinomas (ECs), 10 yolk sac tumors (YSTs),..
- Isolation and characterization of EG-like cells from Chinese swamp buffalo (Bubalus bubalis)Ben Huang
Animal Reproduction Institute, Guangxi University, Guangxi, Nanning, PR China
Cell Biol Int 31:1079-88. 2007..By RT-PCR, we found that undifferentiated swamp buffalo EG-like cells expressed the OCT-4, NANOG, SOX2, FOXD3, GP130, STAT3, and HEB gene mRNA, but not Fgf4...
- Global mapping of DNA methylation in mouse promoters reveals epigenetic reprogramming of pluripotency genesCassandra R Farthing
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics and Imprinting, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 4:e1000116. 2008..Comparisons between pluripotent tissues and pMEFs reveal that a number of pluripotency related genes, including Nanog, Lefty1 and Tdgf1, as well as the nucleosome remodeller Smarcd1, are hypomethylated in stem cells and ..
- Mapping dynamic histone acetylation patterns to gene expression in nanog-depleted murine embryonic stem cellsFlorian Markowetz
Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Comput Biol 6:e1001034. 2010..and gene expression profiles measured over the first five days of cell differentiation triggered by silencing Nanog, a key transcription factor in ESC regulation...
- Roles of the Nanog protein in murine F9 embryonal carcinoma cells and their endoderm-differentiated counterpartsYanmei Chen
Laboratory of Molecular and Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Cell Res 16:641-50. 2006b>Nanog is a recently discovered homeodomain transcription factor that sustains the pluripotency of embryonic stem (ES) cells and blocks their differentiation into endoderm...
- Identification of Pou5f1, Sox2, and Nanog downstream target genes with statistical confidence by applying a novel algorithm to time course microarray and genome-wide chromatin immunoprecipitation dataAlexei A Sharov
Developmental Genomics and Aging Section, Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute on Aging, NIH, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
BMC Genomics 9:269. 2008..However, many responding genes with binding sites may not be direct targets because response may be mediated by other genes and ChIP-binding site may not be functional in terms of transcription regulation...
- Embryonic stem cell marker expression pattern in human mesenchymal stem cells derived from bone marrow, adipose tissue, heart and dermisUna Riekstina
Faculty of Medicine, University of Latvia, Riga LV 1001, Latvia
Stem Cell Rev 5:378-86. 2009..Therefore the aim of this study was to examine expression of embryonic stem cell markers Oct4, Nanog, SOX2, alkaline phosphatase and SSEA-4 in adult mesenchymal stem cell populations derived from bone marrow, ..
- Embryonic stem cell transcription factor signatures in the diagnosis of primary and metastatic germ cell tumorsSandro Santagata
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:836-45. 2007The core embryonic stem cell transcription factors (TFs) OCT3/4 (OCT4), NANOG, and SOX2 have shared as well as nonoverlapping roles in stem cell growth and differentiation...
- Chromosomes and expression in human testicular germ-cell tumors: insight into their cell of origin and pathogenesisLeendert H J Looijenga
Department of Pathology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1120:187-214. 2007..CIS/ITGCNU and seminomatous cells are characterized by expression of OCT3/4 and NANOG, while in addition embryonal carcinoma expresses SOX2, all identified as transcription factors related to ..
- Noncanonical Wnt11 signaling is sufficient to induce cardiomyogenic differentiation in unfractionated bone marrow mononuclear cellsMichael P Flaherty
Division of Cardiology, Institute of Molecular Cardiology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Circulation 117:2241-52. 2008..In addition, the role of Wnt signaling in cardiomyogenic differentiation of adult cells is unclear...
- Parthenogenetic embryo-like structures in the human ovarian surface epithelium cell culture in postmenopausal women with no naturally present follicles and oocytesIrma Virant-Klun
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Medical Centre, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Stem Cells Dev 18:137-49. 2009..embryonic developmental markers such as stage-specific embryonic antigen-4 (SSEA-4) surface antigen and Oct-4, Nanog, Sox-2, and c-kit transcription factors...
- Herman S Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our recent study showed that cells isolated from adult human PDL expressed ESC markers ( Oct4, Nanog, Sox2) and NC markers (p75, Nestin, Sox10), and exhibited the potential to differentiate into all 3 germ layers...
- NON-APOPTOTIC ACTION OF CASPASES IN PLURIPOTENT EMBRYONIC STEM CELLSThomas P Zwaka; Fiscal Year: 2012..increase of caspase-3 activity upon induction of differentiation and show that caspase-3 can directly cleave the Nanog transcription factor, leading to rapid loss of this core pluripotency- related protein and subsequent ES cell ..
- Generation of Human iPS Cells via Non-integrating VectorsWen Shu Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010..by reprogramming of somatic cells via the defined transcription factors (Oct3/4 and Sox2 with Klf4 and c-Myc or Nanog and Lin28)...
- Max A Cayo; Fiscal Year: 2016..Methods: We generate iPSC lines from human fibroblasts by lentiviral transduction (vectors encoding Oct4, Nanog, Sox2, Lin28) and validate the resulting iPSC by immunostaining/fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, DNA ..
- Marian L Waterman; Fiscal Year: 2016..factor that in mouse ESCs (mESCs) represses expression of master pluripotency factors Oct4, Sox2, and Nanog (OSN)...
- Nanog as a gateway to the immune-suppressive state in cancerChih Ping Mao; Fiscal Year: 2013..We recently found that during immune selection, cancer cells gain expression of Nanog, a master transcription factor pivotal in the maintenance and self-renewal of pluripotent stem cells...
- Genomic-wide Analysis of Oct 3/4 and Nanog TargetsSoren Impey; Fiscal Year: 2010..The homeodomain transcription factors, Oct3/4 and Nanog, are believed to play critical roles in sustaining ES cell pluripotency...
- JAMES ALEXANDER THOMSON; Fiscal Year: 2015..Factors for Reprogramming/Transdifferentation," aims are: Design ATFs that activate expression of Oct4, Sox2 or Nanog in primary fibroblasts;Perform genome-wide location analysis, CSI and transcriptome analysis to determine gene ..
- David L Spector; Fiscal Year: 2016..The nuclear position of a series of 4 genes encoding the transcription factors Oct4, Nanog, Sox2, and Klf4 will be examined, as transcriptional silencing of these genes serves as a trigger for the ..
- Repair of Bone Defects with Human Autologous Pluripotent Very Small Embryonic likRussell S Taichman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Adult human VSELs, are SSEA-4+/Oct-4+/CD133+/CXCR4+/Lin-/CD45-, express pluripotency markers (Oct-4 and Nanog) and are capable of differentiation into cells from all three germ lineages. With our collaborator, Dr...
- Role of Brg1 in Embryo Development and PluripotencyJASON GLENN KNOTT; Fiscal Year: 2013..aims of this application are to test the hypotheses that: 1) Brg1 is required for epigenetic silencing of Oct4 and Nanog expression in the trophectoderm...
- Role of OCT4 in reprogramming human skin keratinocytesJackie R Bickenbach; Fiscal Year: 2012..We found a temporal reactivation of the endogenous Oct4 target genes, Sox2, Nanog, Utf1, and Rex-1...
- Ihor R Lemischka; Fiscal Year: 2015..We will focus on transcriptional regulators such as Nanog, Esrrb and Tbx3, and others that are necessary for pluripotency and measure their functions at the epigenetic, ..
- A novel protein transduction method to generate induced pluripotent stem cells wiJAMES FREDERICK ELIASON; Fiscal Year: 2010..initial methods for reprogramming focused on delivery of four genes (Oct4, Sox2, and either Klf4 plus c-Myc, or NANOG plus Lin 28) using genetic transduction methods that potentially can create mutations and/or tumors...
- Lorraine J Gudas; Fiscal Year: 2014..model, and to assess the expression of molecular markers such as cyclin D1;RAR22;p16;SFRP 1,2,4, and 5;and nanog in normal epithelial stem/progenitor cells versus "cancer stem/progenitor cells" from the tumors by ..
- Random shRNA SelectionRobert B Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Reporter constructs for Nanog and Oct4 will be used to identify shRNAs for stem-cell induction, and reporter constructs for NKX2-5 and Ngn3 will ..
- Defining factors associated with the conversion of primordial germ cells into pluCandace Kerr; Fiscal Year: 2009..species;(3) those containing sequence elements that may be responsive to known pluripotent factors such as Oct4, Nanog, or Sox2;and (4) finally, pathways shown to be relevant in pluripotent or multipotent cells...
- Elaine Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 2016..embryonic stem cells (ESCs), Tcf3 is an integral component of the pluripotency regulatory complex (Sox2, Oct4, Nanog), not present in adult SCs...
- Investigation of the Tip60-p400 complex role in embryonic stem cell self-renBarbara Panning; Fiscal Year: 2012..Several transcription factors, such as Oct4, Nanog, Sox2, Foxd3, and Stat3, are essential for self-renewal and pluripotency...
- Epigenetics of Dental Stem Cells: Markers and CP27 FunctionXianghong Luan; Fiscal Year: 2010..histone exchange and ES cell pluripotency network maintenance, including transcriptional regulators such as Nanog and Sox2...
- Jianlong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2015..The pluripotent ESC identity is governed by a set of transcription factors centered on Oct4, Sox2 and Nanog together with a number of epigenetic regulators...
- TGF-b family signaling in cardiomyocyte differentiation from embryonic stem cellsRIK M DERYNCK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Oct4, Sox2 and Nanog function as essential transcription factors for self-renewal and pluripotency, yet may also play key roles in the ..
- Dean G Tang; Fiscal Year: 2016..profile with embryonic SC (ESCs), which express several core regulators of self-renewal and pluripotency including Nanog (also called Nanog1), a homeodomain transcription factor located on chromosome 12...
- Post-translational regulation of embryonic stem cells: a proteomic study.Jennifer E Van Eyk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Oct 3 and Nanog)...
- John J Laterra; Fiscal Year: 2016..Specific transcription factors (TFs) such as Sox2, Oct4, and Nanog, have essential roles in maintaining the stemness and proliferation potential of normal neural stem cells...
- LILLY YW BOURGUIGNON; Fiscal Year: 2014..The stem cell marker, Nanog, was initially described as an important transcription factor involved in Stat-3 signaling and embryonic stem (ES) ..
- Epigenetic modification of endothelial progenitor cells into multipotent cellsRajasingh Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2010..We report that 1) 5Aza and TSA treatment of EPC induces pluripotent genes Oct4, and Nanog and down regulates endothelial cell lineage specific genes...
- Nanog-positive cancer stem cells in and liver oncogenesis by alcohol and HCVKeigo Machida; Fiscal Year: 2013..This application seeks support for research directed to the role of Nanog-positive cancer stem cells in hepatocarcinogenesis induced by HCV and alcohol...
- Epigenetics, Stem Cells, and CancerRudolf Jaenisch; Fiscal Year: 2010..Oct4 is a pluripotency gene that in combination with Nanog and Sox2 controls the self-renewal of embryonic stem cells...
- Whole Genome Chromatin Interaction Analysis using Pair-End-diTagging (CIA-PET)Yijun Ruan; Fiscal Year: 2010..b) Tertiary networks of transcription regulation mediated by Nanog and Oct4 in mouse embryonic stem cells...
- Molecular mechanisms of nuclear reprogrammingSuneet Agarwal; Fiscal Year: 2012..and whether they facilitate reprogramming during nuclear transfer, and (2) Determine if the transcription factor Nanog activates a pluripotency gene expression program during embryogenesis, and whether it can facilitate reprogramming ..
- Nabora Soledad Reyes de Mochel; Fiscal Year: 2014..While the regulatory interactions and morphological contributions of transcription factors such as Oct3/4, Nanog, Sox2, Tead4, and Cdx2 have been extensively studied, surprisingly little is known about the roles of secreted ..
- New Multiplexed Quantitative Detection of Pluripotency and Germ Layer ProteinsBradley H Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2011..identifying matched pairs of antibodies (working sandwich assays) for four key pluripotency targets: Sox2, Oct4, Nanog and Rex1...
- TLR4 and TGF-beta interactions in HCC induced by HCV and alcoholHidekazu Tsukamoto; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our study reveals the role of TLR4-dependent Nanog+ cancer stem cells (CSCs) in liver oncogenesis induced by alcohol in HCV Ns5aTg mice...
- Heterotopic bone from stem cells in peripheral nerves released by neurogenic inflALAN ROBERT DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..of osteogenic protein osterix, brown adipocyte protein UCP1, and the primitive stem cell factors, Klf4 and nanog. The data collectively have led us to hypothesize that peripheral nerves possess progenitors/stem cells, which ..
- Interfollicular epidermal stem cells in human and mouse skinDENISE LEA GAY; Fiscal Year: 2011..these cells exist in discrete patches within interfollicular basal epithelium, express stem cell genes such as nanog and achaete scute-like 3 and may generate new hair follicles in in vivo reconstitution ("patch") assays...
- Histocompatible Primate Embryonic Stem CellsShoukhrat M Mitalipov; Fiscal Year: 2013..cells and test our working hypothesis that experimental upregulation of critical pluripotent factors - OCT4, SOX2, NANOG and CARM1- in cytoplasts will enhance reprogramming and increase the current efficiency of SCNT embryo development ..
- Shoukhrat M Mitalipov; Fiscal Year: 2014..cumulative impact of the TE inactivation along with upregulation of critical pluripotent factors - Oct4, Sox2, and Nanog - on reprogramming and derivation of ESCs. Aim 2...
- Li na Wei; Fiscal Year: 2015..structure is also important for inter- chromosomal coordination of the Oct4 locus with another key stem cell locus Nanog located on a different chromosome...
- Sharmila Shankar; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have recently demonstrated that human CD133+CD44+CD24+ESA+ CSCs express Nanog, Notch-1 and Oct-4 and are highly tumorigenic in mice...
- Michael F Carey; Fiscal Year: 2016..our model GAL4-VP16 in vitro system and on natural stem cell promoters controlled by Sox2, Oct4, Myc, Klf4 and Nanog. A particularly powerful technique that will form the cornerstone of the proposal is the immobilized template ..
- Piotr Sliz; Fiscal Year: 2016..Lin28 can induce cell reprogramming to pluripotent state when used in combination with OCT4, SOX2, and NANOG. Up-regulation of Lin28 correlates with cell transformation, and many human tumors exhibit high levels of Lin28 (~..
- Guojun Wu; Fiscal Year: 2016..technique that reprogrammed heterogeneous malignant Breast Cancer Cells (malBCCs) into piPSCs using the Sox2/Oct4/Nanog (SON) proteins with 90[unreadable]4% conversion...
- David Wotton; Fiscal Year: 2015..defects, including HPE and left-right asymmetry defects, and have increased expression of the pluripotency factor, Nanog. Specifically, we will: 1) Determine whether Tgifs control Shh signaling in the forebrain by restraining TGF/Nodal ..
- Regulation of hESC Self-Renewal by Nanog Protein ComplexesZhou Songyang; Fiscal Year: 2011..Mammalian ES cells rely on a complex network of transcriptional regulators and epigenetic modulators such as Nanog, Oct4, and Polycomb to maintain gene transcription programs necessary for self-renewal and pluripotency...
- Roles of Lin-28 and miRNAs in direct reprogramming of human fibroblastsKathleen Worringer; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Expression of Oct4, Sox2, Klf4, and c-Myc (OSKM) or Oct4, Sox2, Nanog, and Lin-28 in fibroblasts can "reprogram" them to become induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells, which are highly similar to ..
- Tumor initiating cells in retinoblastomaGail Seigel; Fiscal Year: 2009..a stem cell/chemo drug resistance marker), as well as immunoreactivity to human stem cell markers such as Oct3/4, Nanog and Musashi-1 (genes of self-renewal and pluripotency)...
- The CXCR4-SDF-1 Axis in Metastatic RhabdomyosarcomaMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work will be of relevance for designing strategies to block the SDF-1-CXCR4 axis to treat CXCR4-positive cancers. ..
- CD44/VARIANT CYTOSKELETON IN BREAST CANCER PROGRESSIONLILLY YW BOURGUIGNON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BASIS OF HIV BASED THROMBOCYTOPENMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2002..In toto, the studies proposed in this grant will increase the knowledge about pathogenesis of AIDS associated thrombocytopenia and may lead to development of new strategies for its treatment of prevention. (End of Abstract) ..
- CD44-P185HER2 INTERACTION IN OVARIAN CANCER PROGRESSIONLILLY BOURGUIGNON; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Iron Signaling/Monocytes/Alcoholic Hepatitis PatientsHidekazu Tsukamoto; Fiscal Year: 2005..In summary, the current proposal is the first exploratory study to test dysregulation of the novel [LMW-Fe]I signaling in AH patients as the molecular basis for heightened TNFalpha expression. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF ALCOHOL LIVER INJURYHidekazu Tsukamoto; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- REGULATION OF GROWTH FACTORS AND EMBRYOGENESISARNOLD RIZZINO; Fiscal Year: 2005..The last studies are highly significant in their own right, because they will provide novel insights into the mechanisms used by members of two large transcription factor families to stimulate transcription. ..
- Defining Critical Parameters of Mouse CloningRobert Lanza; Fiscal Year: 2001..They should also validate the choice of the mouse as a model system. The proposed research is expected to improve the efficiency of this technique, although this is not the primary objective. ..
- Mechanisms of Chemoprevention by ResveratrolRakesh Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, resveratrol based strategies can be utilized for prevention and treatment of prostate cancer, and in the long-term it may have profound impact on the overall incidence of human prostate cancer. ..
- Adeno-associated virus for IGF-I cartilage gene therapyAlan Nixon; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Neural crest formation and maintenance of multipotencyPatricia Labosky; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Regulation of Nanog in DNA damage response, development and tumorigenesisYang Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent discovery of the homeodomain protein Nanog as the master regulator of self-renewal allows us test this hypothesis...
- Immuno Biosensor for Real-Time Factor V Leiden DiagnosisKYUNG KANG; Fiscal Year: 2005..Protocols developed for the Protein C biosensor will be used to detect FVN and FVL on two individual fiber optic sensors and a prototype of dual sensor will be developed. ..
- Developmental Biology of the Normal Mouse ProstateSusan Kasper; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim III. To determine the function of these proteins in prostate tumorigenesis using the transgenic mouse model. ..
- Mechanisms of pathogenesis in ataxia-telanglectasiaYang Xu; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, I propose to investigate the functional interactions between NBS1 and H2AX, the two mediators of ATM functions. ..
- Development of Androgen Independent Prostate CancerSusan Kasper; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- FUNCTIONAL STUDIES OF IMMUNOGLOBULIN KAPPA ENHANCERSYang Xu; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will again employ genetic approaches to further explore the functions of MiEkappa in somatic hypermutations of Igkappa in a physiological context. ..
- STEM-LIKE CELLS AND TUMORGENICITY IN OSTEOSARCOMACHARLES JR GIBBS; Fiscal Year: 2007..ii) Embryonic Stem Cell (ESC) Markers: "sarcospheres" express marker genes of human ESCs, such as Oct-4, Nanog and SSEA4...
- FUNCTION OF THE GLI GENES IN SONIC HEDGEHOG SIGNALINGAriel Ruiz i Altaba; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, the knowledge of how the SHH-GLI pathway affects brain precursors will help our understanding of how brain tumors arise, an area of research covered under a different, yet related, project in the laboratory. ..
- Stimulation of ASC Osteogenic Potential In vivoPatricia Zuk; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROLE OF GLIL IN BASAL CELL CARCINOMA DEVELOPMENTAriel Ruiz i Altaba; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, understanding how deregulation of the Shh signaling pathway and Gli1 function lead to BCC formation, will shed light into the normal role of this gene in follicle development. ..
- REGULATION OF GROWTH FACTORS AND EMBRYOGENESISARNOLD ANGIE RIZZINO; Fiscal Year: 2010..been shown to work together cooperatively to coordinate the transcription of at least 6 genes (FGF-4, UTF1, Fbx15, Nanog, Sox2 and Oct-3/4) expressed during embryogenesis and by ES cells...
- REGULATION OF THE TYPE II TGF -B- RECEPTORARNOLD RIZZINO; Fiscal Year: 2002..Together, Dr. Rizzino feels that these studies will not only help determine how the TbetaR-II gene is regulated normally, but they will also provide the groundwork for understanding why this gene is aberrantly expressed in tumors. ..