Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MSC
Alias: ABF-1, ABF1, MYOR, bHLHa22, musculin, activated B-cell factor 1, homolog of mouse musculin, activated B-cell factor-1, class A basic helix-loop-helix protein 22
Publications1239 found, 100 shown here
- Characterization of ABF-1, a novel basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor expressed in activated B lymphocytesM E Massari
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:3130-9. 1998..ABF-1 represents the first example of a B-cell-restricted bHLH protein, and its expression pattern suggests that ABF-1 may play a role in regulating antigen-dependent B-cell differentiation...
- Allele-specific repression of lymphotoxin-alpha by activated B cell factor-1Julian C Knight
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
Nat Genet 36:394-9. 2004..These findings provide a molecular model of how LTA expression may be genetically regulated by allele-specific recruitment of the transcriptional repressor ABF-1...
- Assignment of the human helix-loop-helix transcription factor gene musculin/activated B-cell factor-1 (MSC) to chromosome 8q21 and its mouse homologue (Msc) to the proximal region of chromosome 1L Robb
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, P O Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Australia
Genomics 57:318-9. 1999
- Regulation of mitochondrial biogenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Intricate interplay between general and specific transcription factors in the promoter of the QCR8 geneJ H de Winde
Section for Molecular Biology, Institute for Molecular Cell Biology, BioCentrum Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Biochem 233:200-8. 1995..protein complex HAP2/3/4 and the general transcriptional regulators autonomous replication-site-binding factor ABF1 and centromere-binding and promoter-binding factor CPF1...
- Three-dimensional holograph vector of atomic interaction field (3D-HoVAIF): a novel rotation-translation invariant 3D structure descriptor and its applications to peptidesFeifei Tian
College of Bioengineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing 40044, China
J Pept Sci 13:549-66. 2007..QSAR) study, important in drug design, mainly involves two aspects, molecular structural characterization (MSC) and construction of a statistical model...
- [Effects of traditional Chinese medicine on the differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells to osteoblasts]Bao Yong Yan
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, College of Stomatology, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050017, China
Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 45:31-5. 2010To investigate the effects of traditional Chinese medicine on the differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) to osteoblasts.
- [Hematopoiesis support of mesenchymal stem cells in children with aplastic anemia]Yan Wu
Department of Hematology, Children s Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400014, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 10:455-9. 2008..Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) are main source of bone marrow stromal cells which constitute the bone marrow HIM...
- Bone marrow cells immunomagnetically selected for CD271+ antigen promote in vitro the repair of articular cartilage defectsTamara Hermida-Gómez
Biomedical Research Center, INIBIC Hospital Universitario A Coruña, University of A Coruna, A Coruna, Spain
Tissue Eng Part A 17:1169-79. 2011The purposes of this project were to quantify the cells expressing the mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) marker CD271 in synovial membranes from human osteoarthritic (OA) and healthy joints, and to determine if those CD271 cells were involved ..
- [Role of amifostine against the effect of etoposide on non-Hodgkin lymphoma bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells: an in vitro experiment]Qiu bai Li
Institute of Hematology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:812-5. 2007To study the protective role of amifostine (WR-2721) in the mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) derived from non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) bone marrow treated with etoposide (VP-16).
- [Therapeutic effects of magnetically labeled mononuclear and mesenchymal stem cells transplantation in a swine myocardial infarction model assessed by magnetic resonance imaging]Chun mei Qi
Department of Cardiology, Zhong Da Hospital, Southeast University, Nanjing 210009, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 36:1004-8. 2008To evaluate the therapeutic effects of magnetically labeled mononuclear stem cells (MR-MNC) and mesenchymal stem cells (MR-MSC) transplantation in a swine acute myocardial infarction (AMI) model by MR imaging.
- [Effect of bone mesenchymal stem cells transplantation on malignant ventricular arrhythmia induced byelectrophysiological stimulation in a mini-swine model of acute myocardial infarction]Xiao yong Qi
Heart Center, Hebei General Hospital, Shijiazhuang 050051, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 36:546-50. 2008To investigate the effects of autologous bone mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) transplantation on malignant arrhythmia induced by electrophysiological (EP) stimulation and cardiomyocyte ion channels remodeling in a mini-swine model of acute ..
- Isolation and ex vivo expansion of human umbilical cord blood-derived CD34+ stem cells and their cotransplantation with or without mesenchymal stem cellsBahman Delalat
Department of Hematology, School of Medical Sciences Faculty, Tarbiat Modares University, PO Box 14115 111, Tehran, Iran
Hematology 14:125-32. 2009..In this study we examined the effect of human MSC on engraftment of human UCB-derived CD34(+) cells in irradiated Balb/c mice...
- Allogeneic injection of fetal membrane-derived mesenchymal stem cells induces therapeutic angiogenesis in a rat model of hind limb ischemiaShin Ishikane
Department of Perinatology, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Stem Cells 26:2625-33. 2008Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (BM-MSC) have been demonstrated to be an attractive therapeutic cell source for tissue regeneration and repair...
- In vitro proliferation and chondrogenic differentiation of rat bone marrow stem cells cultured with gelatin hydrogel microspheres for TGF-beta1 releaseToshihiro Ogawa
Department of Biomaterials, Field of Tissue Engineering, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, 53 Kawara cho Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 21:609-21. 2010..The microspheres functioned not only as the scaffold of MSC, but also the carrier matrix of TGF-beta1 release...
- [Effects of mesenchymal stem cell transplantation on growth of liver cancer: experiment with rats]Zhi Hong Shao
Department of Radiology, Tongji Hospital of Tongji University, Shanghai 200065, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:491-6. 2009To evaluate the effects of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) transplantation on the growth of liver cancer.
- [Distribution and interaction of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells and cord blood CIK/NK cells infused via different ways at different time periods in NOD/SCID mice]Yang Li
Pediatric Department, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, Guangdong Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 18:140-5. 2010..study was aimed to explore the distribution and interaction mechanism of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) and cord blood cytokine-induced killer (CIK)/natural killer (NK) cells infused via different ways at different ..
- [Functional improvement of patients with progressive muscular dystrophy by bone marrow and umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cell transplantations]Xiao Feng Yang
Cell Treatment Center, PLA No 463 Hospital, Shenyang, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:2552-6. 2009..To investigate the feasibility of employing double transplantations of autologous bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (BMSC) and umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells (UMSC) in the treatment of progressive muscular dystrophy (PMD)...
- Inhibitory effect of schisandrin B on gastric cancer cells in vitroXiao Ni Liu
Department of Physiology, Mudanjiang Medical College, Mudanjiang 157011, Heilongjiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:6506-11. 2007..To investigate the inhibitory effect and possible mechanism of action of schisandrin B in SC-B on gastric cancer cells in vitro...
- Intra-articular injection of mesenchymal stromal cells in partially torn anterior cruciate ligaments in a rat modelAtsushi Kanaya
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Arthroscopy 23:610-7. 2007..The purpose of this study was to biomechanically and histologically evaluate whether intra-articularly injected mesenchymal stromal cells can accelerate the healing of a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)...
- Effect of IGF-I in the chondrogenesis of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in the presence or absence of TGF-beta signalingLara Longobardi
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2579, USA
J Bone Miner Res 21:626-36. 2006A novel role for IGF-I in MSC chondrogenesis was determined. IGF-I effects were evaluated in the presence or absence of TGF-beta signaling by conditionally inactivating the TGF-beta type II receptor...
- Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell transplantation combined with perindopril treatment attenuates infarction remodelling in a rat model of acute myocardial infarctionJian An Wang
Department of Cardiology, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310009, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 7:641-7. 2006This study was performed to evaluate whether implantation of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) would reduce left ventricular remodelling from the molecular mechanisms compared with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) perindopril ..
- [Effects of mesenchymal stem cells on proliferation and apoptosis of allogeneic B lymphocytes]Ling qi Wu
Department of Hematology, Hematology Center of Chinese General Hospital of Lanzhou Command of People s Liberation Army, Lanzhou 730050, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:2562-5. 2008To study the influence of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) on the proliferation and apoptosis of allogeneic peripheral B lymphocytes in vitro.
- Analysis of deep sequencing microRNA expression profile from human embryonic stem cells derived mesenchymal stem cells reveals possible role of let-7 microRNA family in downstream targeting of hepatic nuclear factor 4 alphaWinston Koh
Bioinformatics Institute BII, Agency of Science Technology and Research A Star, Matrix, Singapore
BMC Genomics 11:S6. 2010..in microvesicles and intracellular environment of human embryonic stem cells derived mesenchymal stem cells (hES-MSC)...
- Preparation of stem cell aggregates with gelatin microspheres to enhance biological functionsKentaro Hayashi
Department of Biomaterials, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, 53 Kawara cho Shogoin, Sakyo ku Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Acta Biomater 7:2797-803. 2011..to improve the viability and osteogenic differentiation of cultured rat bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) by the use of gelatin hydrogel microspheres...
- Transcriptional profiles discriminate bone marrow-derived and synovium-derived mesenchymal stem cellsFarida Djouad
INSERM Unit 475, Montpellier, France
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R1304-15. 2005Previous studies have reported that mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) may be isolated from the synovial membrane by the same protocol as that used for synovial fibroblast cultivation, suggesting that MSC correspond to a subset of the adherent ..
- Autologous bone marrow-derived cultured mesenchymal stem cells delivered in a fibrin spray accelerate healing in murine and human cutaneous woundsVincent Falanga
Department of Dermatology, Roger Williams Medical Center, Providence, Rhode Island 02908, USA
Tissue Eng 13:1299-312. 2007The nonhematopoietic component of bone marrow includes multipotent mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) capable of differentiating into fat, bone, muscle, cartilage, and endothelium...
- Lactate modulates gene expression in human mesenchymal stem cellsDerek Zieker
Department of General and Transplant Surgery, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 393:297-301. 2008..Recently, it has been shown in vivo that lactate is also able to favour homing of stem cells. The aim of this investigation was to test the hypothesis that lactate has an impact on gene expression of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC).
- Sertoli cell line lacks the immunoprotective properties associated with primary Sertoli cellsJannette M Dufour
Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
Cell Transplant 17:525-34. 2008..The objective of the current study was to examine the immunoprotective properties of a mouse Sertoli cell line (MSC-1) in order to identify a Sertoli cell line that could be used to aid in investigation of the immunoprotective ..
- Long-term quality-of-life outcome after mesh sacrocolpopexy for vaginal vault prolapseArun Z Thomas
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Beaumont Hospital, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
BJU Int 104:1676-9. 2009To evaluate the long-term outcome of mesh sacrocolpopexy (MSC, which aims to restore normal pelvic floor anatomy to alleviate prolapse related symptoms) and its effect on patient's quality of life, as women with vaginal vault prolapse ..
- Mesenchymal stem cells as a gene therapy carrier for treatment of fibrosarcomaJuanjuan Xiang
Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, UK
Cytotherapy 11:516-26. 2009..Emerging evidence suggests that mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) are able to migrate to sites of tissue injury and have immunosuppressive properties that may be useful in targeted ..
- Chondrogenesis in a hyaluronic acid scaffold: comparison between chondrocytes and MSC from bone marrow and adipose tissueRune B Jakobsen
Institutes of Immunology and Pathology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, 0027 Oslo, Norway
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 18:1407-16. 2010..An alternative may be to use mesenchymal stem cells (MSC)...
- [Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell therapy on diabetic nephropathy in rats]Hong Zhou
Department of Endocrinology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 40:1024-8. 2009To test the effectiveness of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) transplantation on diabetic nephropathy in rats.
- Neck back and spine injuries in amateur rugby league: a review of nine years of Accident Compensation Corporation injury entitlement claims and costsDoug A King
Sports Performance Research Institute New Zealand, School of Sport and Recreation, Faculty of Health and Environmental Science, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
J Sci Med Sport 14:126-9. 2011..The New Zealand national Accident Compensation Corporation data for moderate to serious injury entitlement claims (MSC) over nine years were analysed for the number, type and cost of neck, back and spine rugby league injuries ..
- Mesenchymal stem cells and bone regenerationKarl H Kraus
Orthopedic Research Laboratory, Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Vet Surg 35:232-42. 2006To review the role of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) in bone formation and regeneration, and outline the development of strategies that use MSC in bone healing and regeneration.
- Multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells obtained from diverse human tissues share functional properties and gene-expression profile with CD146+ perivascular cells and fibroblastsDimas T Covas
Department of Clinical Medicine, Center for Cell Therapy and Regional Blood Center, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Exp Hematol 36:642-54. 2008The relationship of multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells (MSC) with pericytes and fibroblasts has not been established thus far, although they share many markers of primitive marrow stromal cells and the osteogenic, adipogenic, and ..
- Cytosine deaminase expressing human mesenchymal stem cells mediated tumour regression in melanoma bearing miceLucia Kucerova
Laboratories of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Research Institute of Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
J Gene Med 10:1071-82. 2008Previously, we validated capability of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells (AT-MSC) to serve as cellular vehicles for gene-directed enzyme prodrug molecular chemotherapy...
- Impact of anti-apoptotic and anti-oxidative effects of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells with transient overexpression of heme oxygenase-1 on myocardial ischemiaToshinari Tsubokawa
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Takara machi 13 1, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H1320-9. 2010..When MSCs and HO-1-overexpressed MSCs (MSC(HO-1)) were exposed to serum deprivation/hypoxia or H(2)O(2)-induced oxidative stress, MSC(HO-1) exhibited ..
- The effect of a scalp reference signal on coherence measurements of intracranial electroencephalogramsH P Zaveri
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, CT 06520, New Haven, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 111:1293-9. 2000..To determine the effect of a scalp reference signal, such as that recorded from the mastoid or ear, on the coherence of referential intracranial electroencephalograms (EEGs)...
- Inhibition of mechanosensitive cation channels inhibits myogenic differentiation by suppressing the expression of myogenic regulatory factors and caspase-3 activityNia Wedhas
Molecular Genetics Division, Musculoskeletal Disease Center, Jerry L Pettis VA Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
FASEB J 19:1986-97. 2005Mechanosensitive cation channels (MSC) are ubiquitous in eukaryotic cell types. However, the physiological functions of MSC in several tissues remain in question. In this study we have investigated the role of MSC in skeletal myogenesis...
- In vitro activated human T lymphocytes very efficiently attach to allogenic multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells and transmigrate under themDomizio Suva
Orthopedic Surgery Service, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
J Cell Physiol 214:588-94. 2008The regulatory effect of human multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells (MSC) on allogenic T lymphocytes is extremely powerful and of important clinical relevance, but the mechanisms underlying this process are not fully elucidated...
- [Effect of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell infusion on hemato-poiesis in mice with aplastic anemia]Yong Lan Huang
Department of Pediatrics, Guangzhou Maternal and Neonatal Hospital, Guangzhou 510180, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 15:1005-8. 2007..Thirty BALB/c female mice were divided into AA model group, MSC group and radiation group...
- Instant stem cell therapy: characterization and concentration of human mesenchymal stem cells in vitroP Kasten
Orthopaedic Surgery Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstr 200A, D 69118 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur Cell Mater 16:47-55. 2008In regenerative medicine, there is an approach to avoid expansion of the mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) before implantation...
- Overexpression of CNTF in Mesenchymal Stem Cells reduces demyelination and induces clinical recovery in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis miceZhengqi Lu
Department of Neurology, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, 600 Tianhe Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510630, China
J Neuroimmunol 206:58-69. 2009..MSCs transfected by Ad-CNTF-IRES-EGFP (MSC-CNTF) were injected intravenously into EAE mice 10 days after the immunization...
- Long-term survival and characterisation of human umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stem cells on dermal equivalentsRebekka K Schneider
Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Differentiation 79:182-93. 2010..Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) of the Wharton's Jelly of the umbilical cord (UC-MSC) express pluripotency markers underlining their primitive ..
- Allogeneic administration of fetal membrane-derived mesenchymal stem cells attenuates acute myocarditis in ratsShin Ishikane
Department of Perinatology, National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:753-61. 2010We reported previously that the autologous administration of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (BM-MSC) significantly attenuated myocardial dysfunction and injury in a rat model of acute myocarditis by stimulating angiogenesis ..
- Culture media conditioned by heat-shocked osteoblasts enhances the osteogenesis of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cellsChao Peng Ye
Stem Cell Laboratory, Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, 119074 Singapore
Cell Biochem Funct 25:267-76. 2007Osteogenic cells differentiated from bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells (MSC) hold much promise in bone tissue engineering and reconstructive surgery...
- Tissue engineering of functional trileaflet heart valves from human marrow stromal cellsSimon P Hoerstrup
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Circulation 106:I143-50. 2002..Human marrow stromal cells (MSC) exhibit the potential to differentiate into multiple cell-lineages and can be easily obtained clinically...
- Subcellular localization of IRS-1 in IGF-I-mediated chondrogenic proliferation, differentiation and hypertrophy of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cellsLara Longobardi
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7039, USA
Growth Factors 27:309-20. 2009Bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells (BM-MSC) can differentiate into chondrocytes...
- Multidistrict human mesenchymal vascular cells: pluripotency and stemness characteristicsGianandrea Pasquinelli
Clinical and Surgical Pathology, Department of Radiological and Histocytopathological Clinical Sciences, S Orsola Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Cytotherapy 12:275-87. 2010..Recently mesenchymal stromal cells (MSC) have been isolated from different human vascular segments (VW MSC), belying the previous view that the vessel wall ..
- Human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells: direction to a phenotype sharing similarities with the disc, gene expression profiling, and coculture with human annulus cellsHelen E Gruber
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina 28232, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 16:2843-60. 2010..Due to ease of harvest and abundance, adipose derived-mesenchymal stem cells (AD-MSC) are a readily available cell source for such therapies...
- [Osteoblastic differentiation of human adult mesenchymal stem cells after through gene transfer of BMP-2 in the absence of dexamethasone]H Koch
Klinik fur Orthopadie und Orthopadische Chirurgie, Universitat Greifswald
Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb 143:684-90. 2005Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) of various species appear to require different cues to differentiate towards the osteoblastic lineage...
- Multipotent stem cells from umbilical cord: cord is richer than blood!Mariane Secco
Human Genome Research Center, Department of Genetic and Evolutive Biology, University of Sao Paulo, Rua do Matao, n 106, Cidade Universitaria, Sao Paulo, SP, CEP 05508 090, Brazil
Stem Cells 26:146-50. 2008The identification of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) sources that are easily obtainable is of utmost importance. Several studies have shown that MSCs could be isolated from umbilical cord (UC) units...
- Mesenchymal stem cell-based HLA-independent cell therapy for tissue engineering of bone and cartilagePhilipp Niemeyer
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Freiburg University Hospital, Germany
Curr Stem Cell Res Ther 1:21-7. 2006Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) can be obtained from human bone marrow aspirates and, thanks to their differentiation potential and excellent in vitro culture properties, represent an attractive cell line for the regeneration of mesenchymal ..
- Leukemia inhibitory factor: Role in human mesenchymal stem cells mediated immunosuppressionAisha Nasef
EA 1638 Laboratoire de Thérapie Cellulaire et Radioprotection Accidentelle LTCRA, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, UPMC, Paris IV, 27 rue de Chaligny, 75012 Paris, France
Cell Immunol 253:16-22. 2008..aim was to study the expression of LIF on human MSCs at both gene and protein level in mixed lymphocyte reaction (MSC/MLR), and its implication in MSC immunosuppressive effect...
- Intervertebral disc tissue engineering using a novel hyaluronic acid-nanofibrous scaffold (HANFS) amalgamLeon J Nesti
Cartilage Biology and Orthopaedics Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 14:1527-37. 2008..The cells also maintain the microarchitecture of a native IVD. Taken together, these findings suggest the prototypic potential of MSC-seeded HANFS constructs for the tissue engineering of biological replacements of degenerated IVD.
- Mesenchymal stem cell transplantation attenuates cardiac fibrosis associated with isoproterenol-induced global heart failureLili Li
Department of Cardiology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Transpl Int 21:1181-9. 2008..Compared with the medium-treated group, MSC transplantation significantly decreased the expression of collagens I and III, and matrix metalloproteinase 2 and 9,..
- Wnt signaling controls the fate of mesenchymal stem cellsLing Ling
Institute of Medical Biology, Singapore
Gene 433:1-7. 2009..and non-canonical cascades mediated by JNK, PKC, Ca(2+) or Rho, and how they are involved in the regulation of MSC proliferation and differentiation...
- In vitro stage-specific chondrogenesis of mesenchymal stem cells committed to chondrocytesWei Hong Chen
Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Arthritis Rheum 60:450-9. 2009..by an imbalance in cartilage homeostasis, which could potentially be corrected by mesenchymal stem cell (MSC)-based therapies. However, in vivo implantation of undifferentiated MSCs has led to unexpected results...
- Growth inhibition of colorectal carcinoma by lentiviral TRAIL-transgenic human mesenchymal stem cells requires their substantial intratumoral presenceJana Luetzkendorf
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Oncology Hematology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
J Cell Mol Med 14:2292-304. 2010..Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) home to tumours and may therefore serve as a novel therapeutic tool for intratumoral delivery of antineoplastic ..
- Effectiveness of protocol for the isolation of Wharton's Jelly stem cells in large-scale applicationsAnastasia Petsa
Biogenea Cellgenea Ltd, Plateia Business and Trade Centre, Building A, 5th Floor, Tsimiski 43, Thessaloniki 546 23, Greece
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 45:573-6. 2009..Umbilical cord samples were collected from 599 females following childbirth and processed for WJ MSC isolation...
- Chondroitin-6-sulfate incorporation and mechanical stimulation increase MSC-collagen sponge construct stiffnessKirsten R C Kinneberg
Tissue Engineering and Biomechanics Laboratories, Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 2901 Campus Drive, ML0048, Cincinnati, Ohio 45221 0048, USA
J Orthop Res 28:1092-9. 2010..linear stiffness and mRNA expression (collagen types I and III, decorin and fibronectin) for mesenchymal stem cell (MSC)-collagen sponge TECs. The TECs were fabricated by inoculating MSCs at a density of 0...
- NVP-BEZ235, a dual pan class I PI3 kinase and mTOR inhibitor, promotes osteogenic differentiation in human mesenchymal stromal cellsSally K Martin
Myeloma Research Program, Division of Haematology, Centre for Cancer Biology, SA Pathology, and University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
J Bone Miner Res 25:2126-37. 2010..in phase I-II clinical trials for advanced solid tumors, on osteogenic differentiation and function using primary MSC cultures...
- Mesenchymal stem cells stimulate endogenous neurogenesis in the subventricular zone of adult miceInna Kan
Laboratory of Neurosciences, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Beilinson Campus and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Stem Cell Rev 7:404-12. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine if MSC transplantation to the normally restrictive SVZ of mice housed in an enriched environment stimulates endogenous ..
- Mesenchymal stem cell-conditioned medium triggers neuroinflammation and reactive species generation in organotypic cultures of rat hippocampusAna Paula Horn
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Biológicas, Bioquimica, Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Stem Cells Dev 20:1171-81. 2011..In a previous work, we have shown that MSC-conditioned medium is toxic to hippocampal slice cultures and aggravates cell death induced by oxygen and glucose ..
- Endothelial origin of mesenchymal stem cellsIgor I Slukvin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, School of Medicine and Public Health National Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin Graduate School Madison, WI, USA
Cell Cycle 10:1370-3. 2011..In this overview we provide additional insights on cellular pathways leading to MSC establishment from mesoderm, with special emphasis on endothelial-mesenchymal transition as a critical step in MSC ..
- Bone marrow cells repair cigarette smoke-induced emphysema in ratsJin Won Huh
Dept of Molecular Cell Biology, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan Univ School of Medicine, Suwon 440 746, South Korea
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 301:L255-66. 2011..We tested the capacities of bone marrow cells (BMCs), mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), and conditioned media of MSCs (MSC-CM) to repair cigarette smoke-induced emphysema...
- Mesenchymal stem cells rescue the Alzheimer's disease cell model from cell death induced by misfolded truncated tauN Zilka
Institute of Neuroimmunology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, AD Centre, Dubravska cesta 9, 845 10 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Neuroscience 193:330-7. 2011..cells after treatment with 10 μM all-trans retinoic acid were either co-cultivated with MSCs or supplemented with MSC secretome for 6 and 9 days...
- Osteogenic differentiation of equine cord blood multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells within coralline hydroxyapatite scaffolds in vitroR J Figueroa
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol 24:354-62. 2011To investigate the osteogenic differentiation potential of equine umbilical cord blood-derived multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells (CB-MSC) within coralline hydroxyapatite scaffolds cultured in osteogenic induction culture medium.
- [Effect of proteasome inhibitor on migration ability and hepatocyte growth factor expression of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in multiple myeloma patients]Jun xia Li
Department of Hematology, Nanjing Medical University First Affiliated Hospital, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 19:1204-8. 2011..on the migration ability and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) expression of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) in multiple myeloma patients...
- The balance of osteogenic and adipogenic differentiation in human mesenchymal stem cells by matrices that mimic stepwise tissue developmentTakashi Hoshiba
Tissue Regeneration Materials Unit, International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics MANA, National Institute for Materials Science, 1 1 Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0044, Japan
Biomaterials 33:2025-31. 2012..Controlling the balance of these processes during MSC differentiation is important to maintain bone homeostasis...
- Mesenchymal stem cells induce functionally active T-regulatory lymphocytes in a paracrine fashion and ameliorate experimental autoimmune uveitisRoberta Tasso
Department of Oncology, Biology, and Genetics, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:786-93. 2012..Here the authors studied the effect of MSCs on the induction of Treg and on the development of autoimmunity, and they examined the possibility that MSC-mediated Treg induction could be attributed to the secretion of soluble factors.
- Intravenous injection of mesenchymal stem cells is effective in treating liver fibrosisWei Zhao
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, Shaanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 18:1048-58. 2012To compare the influence of different transplant sites in bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell (MSC)-based therapy for liver fibrosis.
- Infusion of mesenchymal stem cells ameliorates hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetic rats: identification of a novel role in improving insulin sensitivityYiling Si
Institute of Basic Medicine, College of Life Science, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Diabetes 61:1616-25. 2012..the hypothesis, we induced a diabetic rat model by high-fat diet/streptozotocin (STZ) administration, performed MSC infusion during the early phase (7 days) or late phase (21 days) after STZ injection, and then evaluated the ..
- L-type calcium channels play a crucial role in the proliferation and osteogenic differentiation of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cellsLi Wen
Department of Orthodontics, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 424:439-45. 2012..whether VDCC(L) may be regarded as a new regulator in the proliferation and osteogenic differentiation of rat MSC (rMSCs)...
- Mesenchymal stromal cells fail to alleviate experimental graft-versus-host disease in rats transplanted with major histocompatibility complex-mismatched bone marrowS Zinöcker
Department of Immunology, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet and University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Scand J Immunol 76:464-70. 2012Mesenchymal stromal cells (MSC) can be used to treat graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) caused by allogeneic stem cell transplantation (allo-SCT)...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 dependent metabolism of 20-HETE increases adiposity and adipocyte enlargement in mesenchymal stem cell-derived adipocytesDong Hyun Kim
Joan C Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, WV, USA
J Lipid Res 54:786-93. 2013..This study was designed to examine the effects of exogenous 20-HETE on mesenchymal stem cell (MSC)-derived adipocytes...
- Nano-sized collagen I molecules enhanced the differentiation of rat mesenchymal stem cells into cardiomyocytesPei Leun Kang
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Biomed Mater Res A 101:2808-16. 2013..6-fold increase) and Nkx2.5 (4.8-fold increase) expressions compared with MSC groups treated only with 5-aza at 3-day culturing...
- Involvement of PI3K and ROCK signaling pathways in migration of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells through human brain microvascular endothelial cell monolayersMei Na Lin
Department of Developmental Cell Biology, Key Laboratory of Cell Biology, Ministry of Public Health, Key Laboratory of Medical Cell Biology, Ministry of Education, China Medical University, 92 Bei Er Road, Heping District, Shenyang 110001, China
Brain Res 1513:1-8. 2013Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) represent an important and easily available source of stem cells for potential therapeutic use in neurological diseases...
- Aberrant CpG islands' hypermethylation of ABCB1 in mesenchymal stem cells of patients with steroid-associated osteonecrosisZhibo Sun
From the Department of Orthopedics, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
J Rheumatol 40:1913-20. 2013..We investigated whether aberrant dinucleotide CpG islands' hypermethylation of ABCB1 gene existed in mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) of patients with ONFH, which results in cell dysfunction.
- Stromal cell-derived factor 1α-stimulated mesenchymal stem cells confer enhanced protection against light-induced retinal degeneration in ratsWei Xu
Department of Ophthalmology, First Affiliated Hospital of Fujian Medical University Fuzhou, China, and
Curr Eye Res 39:69-78. 2014Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) are currently considered to be modulators of repair in various tissues. After MSC transplant, photoreceptor rescue has been demonstrated in models of retinal degeneration...
- Stem cell differentiation on electrospun nanofibrous substrates for vascular tissue engineeringLin Jia
Key Laboratory of Textile Science and Technology, Ministry of Education, College of Textiles, Donghua University, No 2999 North Renmin Road, Songjiang, Shanghai 201620, China Center for Nanofibers and Nanotechnology, E3 05 14, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Initiative, Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore, 2 Engineering Drive 3, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 33:4640-50. 2013..After 20 days of culture, MSC proliferation on PLLA/Coll(1:1) scaffolds was found 256% higher than the cell proliferation on PLLA scaffolds...
- Mass production of early-stage bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells of rat using gelatin-coated matrixYoung Hyun Park
Stem Cell and Bioevaluation, WCU Biomodulation Program, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 921, Republic of Korea
Biomed Res Int 2013:347618. 2013..of cell population in S/G2/M phase showed typical fibroblast-like morphology and no significant differences in BM-MSC-related surface marker expression and differentiation potential, except for an increased ratio of differentiation ..
- The roles of mesenchymal stem cells in tumor inflammatory microenvironmentZhao Sun
Center of Excellence in Tissue Engineering, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences and School of Basic Medicine, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Hematol Oncol 7:14. 2014..However, as plasticity is a fundamental feature of MSCs, MSCs can also inhibit tumors by activating various MSC-based signaling pathways...
- Mesenchymal stem cells, autoimmunity and rheumatoid arthritisJ J El-Jawhari
From the Leeds Institute of Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Medicine, St James University Hospital, WTBB, LS9 7TF University of Leeds, UK and Clinical Pathology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Mansoura, EgyptFrom the Leeds Institute of Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Medicine, St James University Hospital, WTBB, LS9 7TF University of Leeds, UK and Clinical Pathology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
QJM 107:505-14. 2014The vast majority of literature pertaining to mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) immunomodulation has focussed on bone marrow-derived MSC that are systemically infused to alleviate inflammatory conditions...
- Age-related decreases of serum-response factor levels in human mesenchymal stem cells are involved in skeletal muscle differentiation and engraftment capacityChiao Hsuan Ting
1 Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Stem Cells Dev 23:1206-16. 2014..Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) are postnatal progenitor/stem cells that possess multilineage mesodermal differentiation capacity, including ..
- Atrial fibrosis in a chronic murine model of obstructive sleep apnea: mechanisms and prevention by mesenchymal stem cellsPablo Ramos
Thorax Institute, Unitat de Fibril lació Auricular, Hospital Clinic, Universitat de Barcelona and Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Respir Res 15:54. 2014..The aims of this work were to determine whether chronic obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) induces an atrial pro-arrhythmogenic substrate and to explore whether mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) are able to prevent it in a rat model of OSA.
- Reduced platelet-derived growth factor receptor expression is a primary feature of human bronchopulmonary dysplasiaAntonia P Popova
Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 307:L231-9. 2014..b>MSC migration was assessed in a Boyden chamber...
- Exosomes from bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells contain a microRNA that promotes dormancy in metastatic breast cancer cellsMakiko Ono
Division of Molecular and Cellular Medicine, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Sci Signal 7:ra63. 2014..Acquisition of these dormant phenotypes in BM2 cells was also observed by culturing the cells in BM-MSC-conditioned medium or with exosomes isolated from BM-MSC cultures, which were taken up by BM2 cells...
- Scintigraphic tracking of mesenchymal stem cells after intravenous regional limb perfusion and subcutaneous administration in the standing horseMathieu Spriet
Department of Surgical and Radiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, California
Vet Surg 44:273-80. 2015To assess distribution, uptake, and persistence of radiolabeled mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) using scintigraphy after intravenous regional limb perfusion (RLP) and subcutaneous injections in standing, sedated horses.
- A genetic platform to model sarcomagenesis from primary adult mesenchymal stem cellsJlenia Guarnerio
Cancer Research Institute, Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center, Departments of Medicine and Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Cancer Discov 5:396-409. 2015The regulatory factors governing adult mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) physiology and their tumorigenic potential are still largely unknown, which substantially delays the identification of effective therapeutic approaches for the treatment ..
- Feasibility of bioleaching combined with Fenton oxidation to improve sewage sludge dewaterabilityChanggeng Liu
School of Resources and Environmental Engineering, Panzhihua University, Panzhihua 617000, China Key Laboratory of Environmental Biology and Pollution Control Hunan University, Ministry of Education, Changsha 410082, China College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, China Electronic address
J Environ Sci (China) 28:37-42. 2015..The specific resistance to filtration (SRF) and moisture of sludge cake (MSC) were adopted to evaluate the improvement of sludge dewaterability...
- Calpain Cleaves Most Components in the Multiple Aminoacyl-tRNA Synthetase Complex and Affects Their FunctionsHui Yan Lei
From The State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100039, China
J Biol Chem 290:26314-27. 2015..synthetases (aaRSs) and three scaffold proteins form a super multiple aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase complex (MSC) in the human cytoplasm...
- Derivation and Chondrogenic Commitment of Human Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Mesenchymal ProgenitorsHicham Drissi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, UConn Health, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT, 06030 4037, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1340:65-78. 2015..a replenishable population of highly purified progenitor cells that exhibit the typical mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) surface markers as well as the capacity for multilineage differentiation to bone, fat, and cartilage...
- Addressing Library Anxiety (LA) in student nurses: a study in an NHS Foundation Trust Hospital library and information serviceMadeleine Still
North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust, Stockton on Tees, UK
Health Info Libr J 32:322-5. 2015..Madeleine Still is Trust Librarian at North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust and while studying for an MSc, recognised that some student nurses were exhibiting signs of library anxiety...
- Fibroblast Growth Factor-10 (FGF-10) Mobilizes Lung-resident Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Protects Against Acute Lung InjuryLin Tong
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200032, P R China
Sci Rep 6:21642. 2016..Immunophenotyping analysis of FGF-10 mobilized and cultured cells revealed expression of the MSC markers CD29, CD73, CD90, and CD105, and the absence of the hematopoietic lineage markers CD34 and CD45...
- Interferon-γ and Tumor Necrosis Factor-α Polarize Bone Marrow Stromal Cells Uniformly to a Th1 PhenotypePing Jin
Cell Processing Section, Department of Transfusion Medicine, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 USA
Sci Rep 6:26345. 2016..interferon gamma (IFN-γ) and tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α), two factors produced by activated T cells, in MSC polarization...
- Mesenchymal stem cell-like properties of CD133+ glioblastoma initiating cellsLorena Favaro Pavon
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Escola Paulista de Medicina Universidade Federal de São Paulo EPM UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Oncotarget 7:40546-40557. 2016..of glioblastoma; ii) analysis of the expression of pluripotency stem cell markers and mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) markers in the CD133+ glioblastoma-initiating cells; iii) side-by-side ultrastructural characterization of the ..
- Clinical Trial of Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Stem Cells for the Treatment of Moderate-to-Severe Atopic Dermatitis: Phase I/IIa StudiesHyung Sik Kim
Adult Stem Cell Research Center, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Stem Cells 35:248-255. 2017..Fifty-five percent of patients in high dose hUCB-MSC-treated group showed a 50% reduction in the EASI score...
- Heat Shock Effects on Human Mesenchymal Stem Cell Differentiation in HydrogelSihong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, the PI proposes to conduct a comprehensive study on heat shock effects on mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) proliferation and differentiation to investigate our hypothesis - that mild temperature increase may facilitate ..
- JEFFREY ALAN COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2014..I clinical trial that will assess the MS-relevant in vivo immunologic effects of autologous mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) transplantation...
- Use of umbilical cord as a unique stem cell source for tissue regenerationXiao Dong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our previous studies demonstrated that cellular extracellular matrix (ECM) made by bone marrow cells enhanced MSC attachment and proliferation, and retained their stem cell properties (Chen, et al, 2007, JBMR, 22:1943)...
- Min Du; Fiscal Year: 2014..Myocytes, adipocytes and fibroblasts in fetal SM are derived from mesenchymal stem cells (MSC)...
- FRANCESCO B RAMIREZ; Fiscal Year: 2014..is an essential component of the BM microenvironment that specifies the performance of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) and hematopoietic stem cells (HSC)...
- MSC Therapy & Immune Response in Children with Osteogenesis ImperfectaEdwin M Horwitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Basic Science Discoveries into New and Better Treatments," by building on three critical observations in our MSC research...
- Multilineage regulation of mesenchymal stem cell differentiation by microRNAsGlyn Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this proposal we will investigate the role of specific microRNAs and their gene targets on MSC differentiation...
- Devendra K Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 3: Test the hypothesis that down-regulation of Wnt/2-catenin signaling promotes MSC differentiation to endothelial cells at the injury site in coronary arteries...
- Engineering Stem Cell Niches to Guide DifferentiationDANIELLE A TSOU; Fiscal Year: 2011..studies have demonstrated that stiffness of the extracellular matrix (ECM) guides adult mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) differentiation into osteoblastic, skeletal muscular and neural lineages, suggesting that the mechanical ..
- Cristin M Ferguson; Fiscal Year: 2014..this training project is designed to facilitate a long-term career goal of creating a mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) seeded meniscus scaffold construct that emulates native meniscus biology and function...
- Ligament engineering; Effect of gene induction and cyclic stretchROBYN SHAFFER; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that the fiber architecture of the biomaterial, namely fiber orientation and diameter, will affect MSC response to mechancial stretch and the subsequent development of extracellular matrix...
- Mechano-Chemical Regulation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in three-Dimensional MatrixRokhaya Diop; Fiscal Year: 2010..Based on our preliminary studies, we hypothesize that cyclic mechanical strain promotes MSC differentiation into vascular smooth muscle cells (SMCs) and enhance matrix production in 3D vascular graft ..
- 3D Co-culture with Micropatternable Hydrogels to Promote Fibrous Tissue FormationJOHNNA SUE TEMENOFF; Fiscal Year: 2010..to date, there has been great difficulty in designing the optimal delivery timing, dosage and carrier material for MSC-based therapies due to the dearth of knowledge about how interactions between MSCs and resident fibroblasts cause ..
- Engineering of Vascularized BoneJeremy J Mao; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our preliminary data, as documented in a recent report in PloS One, demonstrate that co- transplantation of MSC and HSC lineages yielded vascularized ectopic bone, more significantly than the transplantation of MSC or HSC alone...
- Julie C Liu; Fiscal Year: 2014..e. ligand presentation and crosslinking density) can be used to modulate both mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) chondrogenesis and chondrocyte hypertrophy...
- Multicenter Cartilage Repair Preclinical Trial in HorsesConstance R Chu; Fiscal Year: 2010..gradient centrifugation and culture expansion of what has been classically described as mesenchymal stem cells (MSC). Both strategies will be studied for one year in an equine cartilage injury model...
- FENG C LIN; Fiscal Year: 2015..production in the regulation of bone balance using cross-implantation studies where mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) form ectopic bone in porous ceramic carriers...
- Genetically Altered Mesenchymal Stem Cell;Paracrine Effect on NeovascularizationVictor J Dzau; Fiscal Year: 2012We have previously demonstrated that mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), when injected into rodent hearts following myocardial infarction (MI), enhance myocardial repair and restore cardiac function...
- Dean T Yamaguchi; Fiscal Year: 2016..in the inflammatory phase of osteogenic healing and by 2) stimulating the chemoattraction of MSCs, resulting in MSC condensation that leads to osteogenic differentiation of MSCs. The specific aims are: 1...
- LOUIS CHARLES GERSTENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2015..Bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP2) plays an essential role in promoting mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) osteogenic differentiation;while vascular endothelia growth factors (VEGFs) play crucial roles in the recruitment ..
- Selvarangan Ponnazhagan; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The potential of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) in regenerative medicine is increasingly gaining attention...
- GENE TARGETING STRATEGIES FOR THE TREATMENT OF OSTEOGENESIS IMPERFECTADavid W Russell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Transplantation methods for gene-targeted MSCs will be studied in a rabbit model to optimize long-term MSC engraftment rates and determine safety...
- Wei Yao; Fiscal Year: 2015..Previous attempts to use systematic MSC transplantation have failed to regenerate bone due to inability of the transplanted MSCs to home to bone...
- Targeting bone homing of the MSCs to augment bone formationWei Yao; Fiscal Year: 2010..Based on these observations, we hypothesize that bone marrow progenitor cell (MSC) attachment and osteogenic differentiation would be achieved when they are "guided" to bone surface that is rich in ..
- Mesenchymal stem cells and the microenvironmentChristopher S Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Together, these studies will define roles of cell adhesion, RhoA, and cytoskeletal tension in MSC lineage commitment, and establish a molecular basis for the regulation of MSC differentiation by microenvironmental ..
- Imaging evidence: Is there competition between marrow fat and bone?Wei Shen; Fiscal Year: 2010..studies suggest that adipocytes in bone marrow and osteoblasts share the same precursor, mesenchymal stem cells (MSC). Human imaging studies [i.e...
- Barbara D Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2015..will (1) develop and characterize at the nanoscale, surface features and chemical functionalities that may modulate MSC differentiation and osteoblast phenotypic expression;(2) determine the mechanisms that mediate the differential ..
- Khalid A Shah; Fiscal Year: 2014..In this proposal, we will create toxin resistant human mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) for on-site delivery of targeted nanobodies and cytotoxic agents to simultaneously block proliferation and induce ..
- Development of an adipose-derived stem cell isolation matrixMARTYN DARBY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Based on our results with MSC isolation, we envision that a product consisting of a solid support matrix coupled to our ASC-binding peptide would ..
- Joshua M Hare; Fiscal Year: 2015..To establish the safety and efficacy of bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) therapy for patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy...
- Paul S Frenette; Fiscal Year: 2016..have identified that the cellular target of the SNS in the BM is a bona fide self-renewing mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) marked by Nestin expression...
- Tiffany N Vo; Fiscal Year: 2015..that the injectable hydrogel will provide a supportive and mineralized substrate for mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) proliferation, enable osteogenic differentiation in vitro, and promote bone regeneration in vivo...
- JANET E RUBIN; Fiscal Year: 2014..stem cells (MSCs) in bone marrow provide progenitors for both adipocyte and osteoblast cells and the output of the MSC pool reflects a reciprocal relationship between these two lineages...
- Stem Cell Behavior in Complex Microfluidic GradientsSUSAN RENEE OPALENIK; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, those chemokines or combinations of chemokines and local oxygen concentrations that elicit MSC recruitment to sites of tissue damage and their subsequent proliferation and differentiation within the wound ..
- Farhad Parhami; Fiscal Year: 2015..as intermediaries of cholesterol metabolism, have potent osteogenic effects on multipotent mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) in vitro...
- Wendy A Woodward; Fiscal Year: 2016..We propose, using organotypic co-cultures, a novel MSC/IBC xenograft that recapitulates the IBC phenotype, and an innovative, erasable multiplexing, hyperspectral ..
- Andres J Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) represent a promising cell source for regenerative medicine applications...
- William Roy Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>MSC potential is preserved by a signaling cascade, which is initiated at focal adhesions (FAs) setting off a cascade of ..
- Radhika R Pochampally; Fiscal Year: 2016..Indeed, a more detailed understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in MSC survival and the resultant stromal supportive functions, is essential for improving the design and selection of ..
- Timothy A Miller; Fiscal Year: 2015..We demonstrated that human mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) seeded in collagen scaffolds exhibit accelerated and robust mineralization and bone formation in comparison to ..
- The Use of Erythropoietin to Reprogram Oral and Craniofacial Stem CellsRUSSELL S contact TAICHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have also purified mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) population that maintains its multi-lineage potential both in vivo and in vitro...
- Matrix Metalloproteases Regulate Mesenchymal Stem CellsZena Werb; Fiscal Year: 2006..for fostering stem cells for several lineages including hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) and mesenchymal stem cells (MSC). Skeletal stem cells appear to be derived in part from the stromal component of the bone marrow...
- FUNCTION AND REGULATION OF OSTEONECTIN IN BONEAnne M Delany; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) give rise to both osteoblasts and adipocytes, and MSC lineage allocation is altered in aging...
- Bone Marrow Adiposity, Bone and Body CompositionAnn V Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2012..Animal and cell models suggest that marrow adiposity is linked to mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) allocation in the marrow...
- Genetics of Osteoblast DifferentiationMatthew Aaron Hibbs; Fiscal Year: 2012..measure whole genome transcriptional dynamics using RNA-seq technology throughout the differentiation process from MSC to mature osteoblast in purified cell cultures derived from 5 diverse strains of laboratory mouse...
- Glycemic derangement and osteogenic cells:A model of Premature skeletal agingKENDALL MOSELEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..alterations in factors present in the circulation disrupt the bone microenvironment resulting in reduced MSC proliferation and differentiation, diminished matrix mineralization and impaired defense against oxidative stress ..
- Robert L Mauck; Fiscal Year: 2016..laboratory that degrade via both hydrolytic and enzymatic mechanisms will be investigated as 3D networks to promote MSC chondrogenesis and construct maturation...
- Mary C Nakamura; Fiscal Year: 2016..3) Determine the effect of aging on macrophage and mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) interactions and determine the requirement for the myeloid cell receptor TREM2 in macrophage: MSC interactions
- Mandibular Cartilage Regeneration In Situ by Endogenous Stem Cell RecruitmentWendy S Vanden Berg-Foels; Fiscal Year: 2013..of growth factors that induce chemotaxis, proliferation, and differentiation of endogenous mesenchymal stem cells (MSC). Local MSC sources for synovial joints include the synovial membrane (sMSC) and the bone marrow (bMSC)...
- Novel Regulators of Osteoblast DifferentiationDallas Jones; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Skeletal patterning begins during embryogenesis when mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) condensate into elements that prefigure the future bone...
- PHILIP ROPER; Fiscal Year: 2015..This pathway has now become of great interest to us because it is a key pathway in driving mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) differentiation to osteoblasts and chondrocytes, two key cell types in maintaining normal bone homeostasis and ..
- Endosteal Adipose in Age-Associated OsteopeniaKURT DAVID HANKENSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..First, the differentiation of marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) to adipocytes may limit osteoblast differentiation (H1: Differentiation shift)...
- Point of Care Adult Stem Cell IsolationMARTYN DARBY; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have identified and synthesized an MSC-binding peptide that can isolate adult stem cells from bone marrow and adipose tissue, and these isolated cells are ..
- Osteoblasts and their mesenchymal progenitors in myelomaJoshua Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..also elucidate in vitro the nature and consequences of interactions between myeloma cells and bone marrow-derived MSC on osteoblast differentiation and survival and on myeloma cell survival (Specific Aim 2)...
- BMP6 Induction of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cell Osteoblast DifferentiationKURT DAVID HANKENSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our long-term programmatic goal is to utilize adult marrow-derived mesenchymal progenitors (mesenchymal stem cells - MSC) in tissue engineered constructs to repair craniofacial and long bone defects...
- Norma S Kenyon; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Our goal is to identify a safe and optimally effective mesenchymal stem cell (MSC)-based co-transplant protocol that can be tested in the clinical setting to improve long-term islet and renal ..
- Margot S Damaser; Fiscal Year: 2014..SA3. Determine the receptor-mediated mechanisms of MSC homing &accelerated functional recovery from vaginal delivery...
- Differentiation of Cord Blood Mesenchymal Stem Cells to Corneal EndotheliumNancy C Joyce; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 1 will establish a set of baseline characteristics for MSCs and HCEC that can be used to follow MSC differentiation to HCEC-like cells...
- RUBIE ANN RAKIAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..The proposed research studies will address the capacity of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) to regenerate the oral mucosa epithelium by mimicking an environment in vitro similar to that seen in the human ..
- Khalid A Shah; Fiscal Year: 2016..Based on our recent findings that encapsulation of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) is necessary to prevent rapid "wash- out" of stem cells post-transplantation in the tumor resection cavity, we ..
- Skin Regeneration with Stem Cells and ScaffoldsSUSAN RENEE OPALENIK; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have published evidence that the bone marrow is a rich source of wound fibroblasts, and mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) from the MRL mouse enhance healing due in part to elevated sFRP-1...
- Adonis K Hijaz; Fiscal Year: 2014..from VD induced SUI;c) following VD, expression of monocyte chemotactic protein-3 (MCP-3)- a mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) homing cytokine- is dramatically increased in the urethra;and d) selective homing of intravenously infused MSCs to ..
- Margot S Damaser; Fiscal Year: 2014..The experiments of SO1 are designed to determine the most effective dosage and timing of MSC or CCM delivery to facilitate recovery from VD...
- Development of an In Vivo Stem Cell Tracking Method Using Ultrasound ImagingFlordeliza S Villanueva; Fiscal Year: 2010..The overall hypothesis to be tested is that MSC uptake of the microbubbles will enable in vivo visualization of stem cell trafficking using clinically available ..
- Targeted cell therapy for the treatment of ventricular tachycardiaKENNETH LAURITA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Importantly, studies from our laboratory using mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) therapy have shown that electrical viability in scar tissue can be partially restored due to, in part, a direct ..
- MAINTENANCE OF ORGAN FUNCTION FOLLOWING INJURYIrshad H Chaudry; Fiscal Year: 2012..e., administration of genetically modified bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) to over-express ER will upregulate ERs in cells and improve organ function after T-H even in the absence of ..
- Immunosuppression by Adult Stem CellsYufang Shi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Next, we will determine the molecular mechanisms of the regulation of IDO and NO in mouse and human MSC. Since MSC-mediated immunosuppression occurs through inflammatory cytokine-upregulation of iNOS/IDO and chemokines, ..
- Isolation of novel mesenchymal stem cell subpopulationsBuddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2009..mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) improves cardiac function, remodeling, and perfusion after MI, the extents of MSC-induced angiogenesis, myogenesis, and antiapoptotic and `paracrine effects'have been inconsistent in studies ..
- LUIS ALBERTO ORTIZ; Fiscal Year: 2016..in the biology of IPF, lung vascular biology, heart failure, and bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) biology at the University of Pittsburgh and established a collaboration with the NIH HLBI sponsored Production ..
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Treatment of Retinal DiseasesMartin L Katz; Fiscal Year: 2011..3) Determine whether the donor MSC effect is due to transfer the PPT1 protein to cells of the host mouse retina...
- Reprogramming of endothelial cells for improved cardiomyogenicity in vivoMELISSA ANN THAL; Fiscal Year: 2012..For instance, mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) treated with 5'Azacytidine have an increase in cardiomyocyte differentiation and they improve cardiac ..
- Sogol Mostoufi-Moab; Fiscal Year: 2016..formation within the bone marrow cavity, where hormones and transcription factors regulate mesenchyme stem cell (MSC) differentiation into osteoblasts or osteocytes...
- Processing and Preservation of Human Umbilical Cord Stem Cells for Cell TherapeutAlfred Bahnson; Fiscal Year: 2010..These cells have a mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) phenotype and differentiate to musculoskeletal lineages...
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells To Mitigate and Treat Cutaneous Injury Following RadiationWilliam H McBride; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will use implants of cells that migrate into wounds called mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) to correct these forms of radiation skin damage...
- Buddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The outcomes of cardiac repair with bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell (MSC), a highly heterogeneous cell population, have been variable and generally suboptimal...
- Matrix-induced Myogenesis & Pharmaco-Screens of MSCsDennis Discher; Fiscal Year: 2009..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Matrix-induced Myogenesis &Pharmaco-Screens of MSCs Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSC) are capable of differentiating into many tissue lineages, including muscle, leading to the belief that such cells ..
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Myocardial InfarctionRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2006..In this protocol we are proposing to use a commercial source of allogeneic rat mesenchymal stem cells (MSC)...
- Cell-Based Therapy for Dystrophic Epidermolysis BullosaOlga Igoucheva; Fiscal Year: 2009..Bone marrow contains mesenchymal progenitor cells, called mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), that have several unique properties suggesting the feasibility of their use as a therapeutic vehicle: (1) a ..
- Developing Biomaterial Scaffolds That Delay Senescence in Mesenchymal Stem CellsAmanda Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2009..These factors limit the clinical efficacy of MSC therapies...
- NEUROECTODERM DIFFERENTIATION FROM MESENCHYMAL STEM CELLCatherine Verfaillie; Fiscal Year: 2004We identified a population of primitive cells that is co-selected when MSC are purified from human or rodent marrow that have, at the single cell level, multilineage differentiation and extensive proliferation potential, which we named ..
- Allogeneic Placental Stem Cells for Tissue Repair and RegenerationVijay Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2010..stem cells, have multi-lineage potential beyond that of adult, bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), with the ability to differentiate to all three germ layers (ectoderm, endoderm, and mesoderm) in vivo...
- Correction of neural abnormalities in Hurler syndromePankaj Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2003..The investigators recently enriched and expanded a non-hematopoietic, multipotent mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) from post-natal human bone marrow, which can be differentiated in vitro into various types of neuronal and glial ..
- Restoring Hematopoiesis Following Radiation InjuryAmelia Bartholomew; Fiscal Year: 2005..Since mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) can be induced to differentiate into the in vivo components of the bone marrow microenvironment, it is likely that ..
- Analyses of a Non tumorigenic Teratocarcinoma Cell LinePaulette McCormick; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, we have isolated and analyzed another putative downstream effector gene called MyoR that is highly expressed in mutant cells relative to parental or revertant...
- Pre-Clinical Trial of MSC-Based Therapy for CNS DiseaseDonald G Phinney; Fiscal Year: 2010..Correlating MSC engraftment in brain with long-term affects on health, development, behavior and motor function will directly ..