Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MPL
Description: MPL proto-oncogene, thrombopoietin receptor
Alias: C-MPL, CD110, MPLV, THCYT2, TPOR, thrombopoietin receptor, TPO-R, myeloproliferative leukemia protein, myeloproliferative leukemia virus oncogene, proto-oncogene c-Mpl
Publications236 found, 100 shown here
- Expression of the GPI-anchored receptor Prv-1 enhances thrombopoietin and IL-3-induced proliferation in hematopoietic cell linesMegan Dillon
Puget Sound Blood Center, Seattle, WA 98104, United States
Leuk Res 32:811-9. 2008..In this study, we assessed the role of Prv-1 in thrombopoietin (Tpo)/Mpl signaling with the goal of identifying molecular mechanisms which augment Tpo-induced proliferation...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of MPL, the human homolog of the v-mpl oncogene: identification of a member of the hematopoietic growth factor receptor superfamilyI Vigon
Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 152, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:5640-4. 1992We have cloned the human homolog of the v-mpl oncogene transduced in the myeloproliferative leukemia retrovirus, which presents striking homologies with members of the hematopoietin receptor superfamily...
- A putative truncated cytokine receptor gene transduced by the myeloproliferative leukemia virus immortalizes hematopoietic progenitorsM Souyri
INSERM U 152 Hôpital Cochin, Paris, France
Cell 63:1137-47. 1990The myeloproliferative leukemia virus (MPLV) is an acute leukemogenic murine replication-defective retrovirus...
- Structure and transcription of the human c-mpl gene (MPL)V Mignotte
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U 91, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Genomics 20:5-12. 1994The human c-mpl proto-oncogene encodes a member of the cytokine receptor superfamily, expressed mainly in CD 34-positive hematopoietic progenitors and in the megakaryocytic lineage...
- Stimulation of megakaryocytopoiesis and thrombopoiesis by the c-Mpl ligandF J de Sauvage
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech, South San Francisco, California 94080
Nature 369:533-8. 1994..This protein binds to and activates the c-mpl protein, a member of the cytokine receptor superfamily...
- Dissecting the thrombopoietin receptor: functional elements of the Mpl cytoplasmic domainJ G Drachman
Division of Hematology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:2350-5. 1997Thrombopoietin (TPO) acts through its receptor, Mpl, to stimulate the proliferation and maturation of megakaryocytes and their progenitors...
- Identification of mutations in the c-mpl gene in congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopeniaK Ihara
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 810 8582, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:3132-6. 1999..Our previous hematological analysis indicated similarities between human CAMT and murine c-mpl (thrombopoietin receptor) deficiency...
- Thrombopoietin induces phosphoinositol 3-kinase activation through SHP2, Gab, and insulin receptor substrate proteins in BAF3 cells and primary murine megakaryocytesY Miyakawa
Division of Hematology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 276:2494-502. 2001..The hormone acts by binding to the Mpl receptor, the product of the cellular proto-oncogene c-mpl...
- c-mpl mutations are the cause of congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopeniaM Ballmaier
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
Blood 97:139-46. 2001..Flow cytometric analysis revealed absent surface expression of the TPO receptor c-Mpl in 3 of 3 patients...
- Mpl Baltimore: a thrombopoietin receptor polymorphism associated with thrombocytosisAlison R Moliterno
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11444-7. 2004..We have reported defective thrombopoietin receptor (Mpl) protein expression in MPD patients...
- MPL mutations in 23 patients suffering from congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia: the type of mutation predicts the course of the diseaseManuela Germeshausen
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Hum Mutat 27:296. 2006..Mutations in the gene for the thrombopoietin receptor MPL were defined as the molecular cause in CAMT patients...
- MPLW515L is a novel somatic activating mutation in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaYana Pikman
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Med 3:e270. 2006..a consequence of activating mutations in certain hematopoietic-specific cytokine receptors, including the erythropoietin receptor (EPOR), the thrombopoietin receptor (MPL), or the granulocyte-colony stimulating factor receptor (GCSFR).
- Haematopoietic cell lineage distribution of MPLW515L/K mutations in patients with idiopathic myelofibrosisWen Yang Hu
Br J Haematol 137:378-9. 2007
- Anaemia characterises patients with myelofibrosis harbouring Mpl mutationPaola Guglielmelli
Department of Haematology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Br J Haematol 137:244-7. 2007The clinical and haematological phenotype of patients with myelofibrosis harbouring MPL(W515L/K) mutation has not been thoroughly investigated. Of 217 myelofibrosis subjects, 18 (8...
- Demonstration of MPLW515K, but not JAK2V617F, in in vitro expanded CD4+ T lymphocytesA Pardanani
Leukemia 21:2206-7. 2007
- Evidence for MPL W515L/K mutations in hematopoietic stem cells in primitive myelofibrosisRonan Chaligne
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U790, Universite Paris XI, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Blood 110:3735-43. 2007The MPL (W515L and W515K) mutations have been detected in granulocytes of patients suffering from certain types of primitive myelofibrosis (PMF)...
- The impact of JAK2 and MPL mutations on diagnosis and prognosis of splanchnic vein thrombosis: a report on 241 casesJean Jacques Kiladjian
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Avicenne, Service d Hematologie Clinique, and Université Paris 13, Bobigny, France
Blood 111:4922-9. 2008..Underlying MPD is associated with severe forms of BCS, but current therapy appears to offset deleterious effects of MPD on the medium-term outcome...
- JAK and MPL mutations in myeloid malignanciesAyalew Tefferi
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 49:388-97. 2008..JAK3 is important in lymphoid and JAK2 in myeloid cell proliferation and differentiation. The thrombopoietin receptor MPL is one of several JAK2 cognate receptors and is essential for myelopoiesis in general and ..
- Functional analysis of single amino-acid mutations in the thrombopoietin-receptor Mpl underlying congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopeniaMarloes R Tijssen
Department of Experimental Immunohaematology, Sanquin Research, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Haematol 141:808-13. 2008..Genetic defects in the gene encoding the thrombopoietin (Tpo) receptor, MPL, are the cause of this disease...
- Characteristics and clinical correlates of MPL 515W>L/K mutation in essential thrombocythemiaAlessandro M Vannucchi
Unita Funzionale di Ematologia, Dipartimento di Area Critica Medico Chirurgica, Universita degli Studi, Florence, Italy
Blood 112:844-7. 2008..MPLW515L/K patients presented lower hemoglobin levels and higher platelet counts than did wild type (wt) MPL; these differences were highly significant compared with MPLwt/JAK2V617F-positive patients...
- JAK2 and MPL mutations in myeloproliferative neoplasms: discovery and scienceO Kilpivaara
Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Leukemia 22:1813-7. 2008..MPN, genomic studies have identified JAK2 exon 12 mutations in JAK2V617F-negative PV and activating mutations in MPL in patients with JAK2V617F-negative ET and PMF...
- MPLW515L mutation in acute megakaryoblastic leukaemiaK Hussein
Institute of Pathology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Leukemia 23:852-5. 2009The thrombopoietin receptor gene (MPL) is expressed in megakaryocytes and exhibits the gain of function point mutation W515K/L in approximately 5% of patients with primary myelofibrosis/idiopathic myelofibrosis (PMF) representing one ..
- The Asn505 mutation of the c-MPL gene, which causes familial essential thrombocythemia, induces autonomous homodimerization of the c-Mpl protein due to strong amino acid polarityJianmin Ding
Department of Medical Oncology and Immunology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya City University, Nagoya, Japan
Blood 114:3325-8. 2009..activating mutation (Asn505) in the transmembrane domain (TMD) of c-MPL, which encodes the thrombopoietin receptor, caused familial essential thrombocythemia...
- Evidence for a founder effect of the MPL-S505N mutation in eight Italian pedigrees with hereditary thrombocythemiaKun Liu
Department of Biomedicine, Experimental Hematology, Basel University Hospital, Hebelstrasse 20, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Haematologica 94:1368-74. 2009..Germ line mutations have been identified in the genes for thrombopoietin (THPO) and its receptor, MPL. A clustering of familial cases with the MPL-G1073A mutation that results in a serine to asparagine substitution (..
- Hereditary thrombocytosis caused by MPLSer505Asn is associated with a high thrombotic risk, splenomegaly and progression to bone marrow fibrosisLuciana Teofili
Department of Hematology, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Haematologica 95:65-70. 2010Background The MPL(Ser505Asn) mutation has been reported to be a cause of hereditary thrombocythemia...
- Induction of myeloproliferative disorder and myelofibrosis by thrombopoietin receptor W515 mutants is mediated by cytosolic tyrosine 112 of the receptorChristian Pecquet
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels, Belgium
Blood 115:1037-48. 2010Constitutively active JAK2V617F and thrombopoietin receptor (TpoR) W515L/K mutants are major determinants of human myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs)...
- CAMT in a female with developmental delay, facial malformations and central nervous system anomaliesNazareth Martinón-Torres
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Unit, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:452-3. 2011..It is caused by mutations in the thrombopoietin receptor gene, c-mpl, involved in the proliferation and differentiation of megakaryocytes and platelets...
- Thrombopoietin receptor activation: transmembrane helix dimerization, rotation, and allosteric modulationErin E Matthews
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8114, USA
FASEB J 25:2234-44. 2011..rotational variations in transmembrane (TM) helix interactions participate in the activity states of the thrombopoietin receptor (TpoR), a type 1 cytokine receptor that controls the production of blood platelets...
- Effects of clinically relevant MPL mutations in the transmembrane domain revealed at the atomic level through computational modelingTai Sung Lee
BioMaPS Institute, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e23396. 2011Mutations in the thrombopoietin receptor (MPL) may activate relevant pathways and lead to chronic myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs). The mechanisms of MPL activation remain elusive because of a lack of experimental structures...
- Congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia: clinical presentation, diagnosis, and treatmentMatthias Ballmaier
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Molecular Hematopoiesis, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Semin Thromb Hemost 37:673-81. 2011..In most of the cases the disease is caused by homozygous or compound heterozygous mutations in the gene MPL encoding the receptor for the hematopoietic growth factor thrombopoietin...
- Familial essential thrombocythemia associated with a dominant-positive activating mutation of the c-MPL gene, which encodes for the receptor for thrombopoietinJianmin Ding
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Science, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Blood 103:4198-200. 2004..point mutation, serine 505 to asparagine 505 (Ser505Asn), was identified in the transmembrane domain of the c-MPL gene in all of the 8 members with thrombocythemia, but in none of the other 8 unaffected members in this FET family...
- MPL515 mutations in myeloproliferative and other myeloid disorders: a study of 1182 patientsAnimesh D Pardanani
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 108:3472-6. 2006Recently, a gain-of-function MPL mutation, MPLW515L, was described in patients with JAK2V617F-negative myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia (MMM)...
- Phenotypic variations and new mutations in JAK2 V617F-negative polycythemia vera, erythrocytosis, and idiopathic myelofibrosisDonna M Williams
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD21205, USA
Exp Hematol 35:1641-6. 2007..IMF), are characterized by a spectrum of clinical features and linked by common genetic lesions in JAK2 and MPL. However, the clinical phenotypes in genetically undefined MPD patients are similar to those patients with JAK2 and ..
- MPL mutations in myeloproliferative disorders: analysis of the PT-1 cohortPhilip A Beer
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Blood 112:141-9. 2008Activating mutations of MPL exon 10 have been described in a minority of patients with idiopathic myelofibrosis (IMF) or essential thrombocythemia (ET), but their prevalence and clinical significance are unclear...
- New mutations of MPL in primitive myelofibrosis: only the MPL W515 mutations promote a G1/S-phase transitionR Chaligne
INSERM, U790, Villejuif, France
Leukemia 22:1557-66. 2008MPL (or thrombopoietin receptor, TPO-R) 515 mutations have recently been described in 5-10% of primitive myelofibrosis (PMF) cases as decisive oncogenic events capable of triggering the disease...
- Familial thrombocytosis caused by the novel germ-line mutation p.Pro106Leu in the MPL geneEl Harith Abdelghaffar El-Harith
Institute of Human Genetics, Medical University of Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Br J Haematol 144:185-94. 2009..germline mutations in the myeloproliferative leukaemia virus oncogene gene (MPL), which codes for the thrombopoietin receptor MPL...
- A novel MPL point mutation resulting in thrombopoietin-independent activationM Abe
Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Leukemia 16:1500-6. 2002Thrombopoietin (TPO) and its receptor (MPL) are important regulators of megakaryopoiesis. MPL belongs to a cytokine receptor superfamily...
- Effect of gravity change on the production of thrombopoietic growth factorsA Fuse
Dept Safty Res on Biologics, Natl Inst Infect Dis
Biol Sci Space 15:302-3. 2001..The cloning of the thrombopoietin (TPO), followed by the analysis of TPO and c-mpl (its cellular receptor) knockout mice confirmed its role as the primary regulator of thrombopoiesis...
- Thrombopoietin, but not cytokines binding to gp130 protein-coupled receptors, activates MAPKp42/44, AKT, and STAT proteins in normal human CD34+ cells, megakaryocytes, and plateletsMarcin Majka
Stem Cell Biology Program at James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Exp Hematol 30:751-60. 2002The development of megakaryocytes is regulated by thrombopoietin (TPO), which binds to the c-mpl receptor, and by several other cytokines such as interleukin (IL)-6, IL-11, leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), cilliary neurotropic factor (..
- Characterization of the murine Mpl proto-oncogene, a member of the hematopoietic cytokine receptor family: molecular cloning, chromosomal location and evidence for a function in cell growthI Vigon
INSERM U363, ICGM, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Oncogene 8:2607-15. 1993The v-mpl oncogene transduced in the myeloproliferative leukemia virus (MPLV) encodes a truncated form of a putative receptor protein that belongs to the cytokine receptor superfamily...
- Thrombopoietin and interleukin 11 have different modulatory effects on cell cycle and programmed cell death in primary acute myeloid leukemia cellsA Tafuri
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Universita La Sapienza di Roma, Rome, Italy
Exp Hematol 27:1255-63. 1999The c-mpl ligand, thrombopoietin (TPO), is a physiologic regulator of platelet and megakaryocytic production, acting synergistically on thrombopoiesis with the growth factors interleukin 11 (IL-11), stem cell factor, interleukin 3 (IL-3),..
- p120c-cbl is present in human blood platelets and is differentially involved in signaling by thrombopoietin and thrombinA Oda
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 88:1330-8. 1996..also induced tyrosine phosphorylation of p120c-cbl in FDCP cells genetically engineered to express the thrombopoietin receptor, c-Mpl...
- Monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) as an adjuvant for anti-cancer vaccines: clinical resultsChristopher W Cluff
GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals, 553 Old Corvallis Road, Hamilton, MT 59840, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 667:111-23. 2009..developed and tested as monotherapeutics for the treatment of cancer, only 3-O-desacyl-4'-monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) has been evaluated as a cancer vaccine adjuvant in published human clinical trials...
- Monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) as an adjuvant for anti-cancer vaccines: clinical resultsChristopher W Cluff
Glaxo Smith Kline Biologicals, 553 Old Corvallis Road, Hamilton, MT 59840, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 667:111-23. 2010..and tested as monotherapeutics for the treatment of cancer,1-8 only 3-O-desacyl-4'-monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) has been evaluated as a cancer vaccine adjuvant in published human clinical trials...
- Eltrombopag (75 mg) does not induce photosensitivity: results of a clinical pharmacology trialCarolyn J Bowen
Oncology R and D Unit, GlaxoSmithKline, PO Box 13398, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 3398, USA
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 26:243-9. 2010Eltrombopag is an oral, small molecule, thrombopoietin receptor agonist approved in the United States for the treatment of chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura and under investigation for treatment of thrombocytopenia due to other ..
- Romiplostim: a second-generation thrombopoietin agonistClaudia S Cohn
Department of Pathology, NY Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Drugs Today (Barc) 45:175-88. 2009..TPO is a glycoprotein primarily produced in the liver. TPO, when binding to its receptor (c-Mpl), triggers a signaling cascade that leads to the differentiation and proliferation of megakaryocytes, with a ..
- Distribution and localization of monophosphoryl lipid A in selected tissues of the ratT S Reddy
Xavier University of Louisiana, College of Pharmacy, New Orleans 70125, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 18:145-59. 1996..Rats were sacrificed 24h or 48h following intraperitoneal administration of MPL at a dose of 5mg/Kg. The presence of MPL in selected tissues was indicated by a positive reaction to MPL antibody...
- Forced GATA-1 expression in the murine myeloid cell line M1: induction of c-Mpl expression and megakaryocytic/erythroid differentiationY Yamaguchi
Department of Cell Differentiation, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Blood 91:450-7. 1998..Because the c-mpl ligand, thrombopoietin, plays an important role in megakaryopoiesis, the expression of c-mpl and c-mpl ligand (..
- Normal platelets and megakaryocytes are produced in vivo in the absence of thrombopoietinS Bunting
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Blood 90:3423-9. 1997..These studies are in contrast to results observed in vivo in mice deficient in the TPO or c-mpl gene (TPO-/- and c-mpl-/-)...
- High-level expression of Mpl in platelets and megakaryocytes is independent of thrombopoietinK Cohen-Solal
INSERM U 362, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Blood 93:2859-66. 1999..growth factor that regulates megakaryocytopoiesis and platelet production through binding to its receptor, Mpl, encoded by the c-mpl proto-oncogene...
- Signaling by the Mpl receptor involves IKK and NF-kappaBYing Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Cancer Research Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Cell Biochem 85:523-35. 2002..Here we report that activation of Mpl ligand is also linked to IKK and NF-kappaB activity...
- The effect of a novel, small non-peptidyl molecule butyzamide on human thrombopoietin receptor and megakaryopoiesisWataru Nogami
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Haematologica 93:1495-504. 2008..The aim of this study was to identify an orally bioavailable human Mpl activator that does not develop autoantibodies against endogenous thrombopoietin.
- Soluble thrombopoietin receptor (Mpl) and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor directly stimulate proliferation of primitive hematopoietic progenitors of mice in synergy with steel factor or the ligand for Flt3/Flk2H Ku
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
Blood 88:4124-31. 1996..b>TPOR belongs to the cytokine receptor group that includes granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor (G-CSFR) and ..
- Clinical and prognostic significance of cytokine receptor expression in adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia: interleukin-2 receptor alpha-chain predicts a poor prognosisK Nakase
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Japan
Leukemia 21:326-32. 2007..IL-3R, IL-4R, IL-5R, IL-6R, IL-7R, granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor R (GM-CSFR), G-CSFR, c-fms, c-mpl, c-kit and FLT3) in cells from 211 adults with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) by flow cytometry and determined ..
- A functional erythropoietin receptor is necessary for the action of thrombopoietin on erythroid cells lacking c-mplCecile Rouleau
Laboratory for Cell and Molecular Biology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
Exp Hematol 32:140-8. 2004..We hypothesized that thrombopoietin (TPO) exerts its mitogenic effects on erythroid cells, at least in part, via an interaction of TPO with the cells' erythropoietin receptor (EPO-R)...
- Tyrosine 462 of the membrane-proximal F'-G' loop of murine Mpl is not essential for high-affinity binding of thrombopoietinD F Sabath
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Cytokine 12:127-33. 2000The ligand binding site of Mpl, the thrombopoietin (Tpo) receptor, has not been determined. Tyr(462)of murine Mpl corresponds to Tyr(421)of the common beta chain of the human IL-3, IL-5 and GM-CSF receptors...
- Interleukin-6 and interleukin-11 act synergistically with thrombopoietin and stem cell factor to modulate ex vivo expansion of human CD41+ and CD61+ megakaryocytic cellsL Lazzari
Milano Cord Blood Bank, Centro Trasfusionale e di Immunologia dei Trapianti, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Via Francesco Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
Haematologica 85:25-30. 2000Thrombopoietin (TPO), the ligand for the c-mpl receptor, regulates in vivo platelet production and increases the number of colony-forming unit megakaryocytes (CFU-MK)...
- Differentiation induced by the c-Mpl cytokine receptor is blocked by mutant Shc adaptor proteinR J Hill
Department of Hematology, SUGEN, Inc, Redwood City, California 94063, USA
Cell Growth Differ 7:1125-34. 1996c-Mpl, a member of the cytokine receptor superfamily, induces both proliferative and differentiation responses when stimulated with its ligand thrombopoietin (TPO)...
- Deletion of the extracellular membrane-distal cytokine receptor homology module of Mpl results in constitutive cell growth and loss of thrombopoietin bindingD F Sabath
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Blood 94:365-7. 1999The thrombopoietin receptor, Mpl, is a member of the cytokine receptor superfamily. The extracellular domain of Mpl contains two copies of the cytokine receptor homology module (CRM)...
- F104S c-Mpl responds to a transmembrane domain-binding thrombopoietin receptor agonist: proof of concept that selected receptor mutations in congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia can be stimulated with alternative thrombopoietic agentsNorma E Fox
Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, Calif 92017, USA
Exp Hematol 38:384-91. 2010To determine whether specific c-Mpl mutations might respond to thrombopoietin receptor agonists.
- Thrombopoietin and the c-Mpl receptor: insights from gene targetingW S Alexander
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute for Medical Research, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31:1027-35. 1999..Through the application of gene targeting technology, the production of mice lacking TPO or its receptor c-Mpl has provided valuable insights into the physiological roles of TPO signalling...
- Promegapoietin, a family of chimeric growth factors, supports megakaryocyte development through activation of IL-3 and c-Mpl ligand signaling pathwaysP D Doshi
Pharmacia Discovery Research, Chesterfield, MO 63198, USA
Exp Hematol 29:1177-84. 2001The signaling pathways induced by promegapoietin (PMP), a family of chimeric growth factors that activate the human IL-3 and c-Mpl receptors, were investigated.
- Synergistic effects on erythropoiesis, thrombopoiesis, and stem cell competitiveness in mice deficient in thrombopoietin and steel factor receptorsJennifer Antonchuk
Cancer and Haematology Division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Blood 104:1306-13. 2004..factor (SF) cytokine pathways in the regulation of hematopoiesis was investigated by generating mice lacking both c-Mpl and fully functional c-Kit receptors...
- Regulation of thrombopoietin levels by c-mpl-mediated binding to plateletsP J Fielder
Departments of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA USA
Blood 87:2154-61. 1996The involvement of platelets and the c-mpl receptor in the regulation of thrombopoietin (TPO) plasma concentrations and tissue mRNA levels was investigated in both normal mice and mice defective in c-mpl (c-mpl-/-)...
- The Mpl-ligand is involved in the growth-promoting activity of the murine stromal cell line MS-5 on ES cell-derived hematopoiesisM T Mitjavila
INSERM U 362, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Exp Hematol 26:124-34. 1998..Addition of Mpl-ligand (Mpl-L; thrombopoietin) during the growth of EBs was found to mimic the effect of the MS-5 cell line on the ..
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor is not responsible for residual thrombopoiesis in mpl null miceC L Scott
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Victoria, Australia
Exp Hematol 28:1001-7. 2000..To examine the role of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) in thrombopoiesis...
- Thrombopoietin alone or in the presence of stem cell factor supports the growth of KIT(CD117)low/ MPL(CD110)+ human mast cells from hematopoietic progenitor cellsArnold S Kirshenbaum
Laboratory of Allergic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1881, USA
Exp Hematol 33:413-21. 2005..We explored the ability of TPO alone or in the presence of stem cell factor (SCF) to support human mast cells (HuMCs)...
- Requirement for mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in the response of embryonic stem cell-derived hematopoietic cells to thrombopoietin in vitroMarie Dominique Filippi
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U362, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Blood 99:1174-82. 2002Enforced expression of c-mpl in embryonic stem (ES) cells inactivated for this gene results in protein expression in all the ES cell progeny, producing cells that do not belong to the megakaryocytic lineage and are responsive to PEG-..
- Autoantibody to c-Mpl (thrombopoietin receptor) in systemic lupus erythematosus: relationship to thrombocytopenia with megakaryocytic hypoplasiaMasataka Kuwana
Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 46:2148-59. 2002To examine the prevalence, clinical associations, and pathogenic role of autoantibodies to c-Mpl, the thrombopoietin (TPO) receptor, in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- Thrombopoietin as a drug: biologic expectations, clinical realities, and future directionsIbrahim C Haznedaroglu
Department of Hematology, Hacettepe University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 8:193-212. 2002After the cloning of thrombopoietin (c-mpl ligand, Tpo) in 1994, 2 recombinant thrombopoietic growth factors, full-length glycosylated recombinant human Tpo (reHuTPO) and polyethylene glycol conjugated megakaryocyte growth and ..
- Recombinant human thrombopoietin: basic biology and evaluation of clinical studiesDavid J Kuter
Hematology Oncology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Blood 100:3457-69. 2002..Thrombopoietin (TPO), the c-Mpl ligand, is the primary physiologic regulator of megakaryocyte and platelet development...
- A rational chemical intervention strategy to circumvent bioactivation liabilities associated with a nonpeptidyl thrombopoietin receptor agonist containing a 2-amino-4-arylthiazole motifAmit S Kalgutkar
Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism Department, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 20:1954-65. 2007The current study examined the bioactivation potential of a nonpeptidyl thrombopoietin receptor agonist, 1-(3-chloro-5-((4-(4-fluoro-3-(trifluoromethyl)phenyl)thiazol-2-yl)carbamoyl)pyridine-2-yl)piperidine-4-carboxylic acid (1), ..
- Eltrombopag, an oral thrombopoietin receptor agonist, has no impact on the pharmacokinetic profile of probe drugs for cytochrome P450 isoenzymes CYP3A4, CYP1A2, CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 in healthy men: a cocktail analysisJulian Jenkins
Oncology Medicine Development Center, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:67-76. 2010It is likely that the thrombopoietin receptor agonist eltrombopag will be administered concomitantly with other medications in the treatment of thrombocytopenia...
- Inflammation stimulates thrombopoietin (Tpo) expression in rat brain-derived microvascular endothelial cells, but suppresses Tpo in astrocytes and microgliaJuan Zhang
Department of Neonatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Interferon Cytokine Res 30:465-9. 2010Thrombopoietin (Tpo) and its receptor (c-Mpl; TpoR), which primary regulate megakaryopoiesis and platelet production, are also expressed in the central nervous system (CNS)...
- Thrombopoietin contributes to neuronal damage in experimental bacterial meningitisOlaf Hoffmann
Department of Experimental Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Infect Immun 79:928-36. 2011Thrombopoietin (Tpo), which primarily regulates megakaryopoiesis, and its receptor (c-Mpl) are expressed in the brain, where Tpo exhibits proapototic effects on neurons...
- Eltrombopag: a novel oral thrombopoietin receptor agonistShelby L Corman
School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, Drug Information, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Ann Pharmacother 44:1072-9. 2010....
- Thrombopoietin: accumulating evidence for an important biological effect on the hematopoietic stem cellKenneth Kaushansky
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California 92103, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 996:39-43. 2003..of erythroid, myeloid, and megakaryocytic progenitor cells and its genetic elimination or that of its receptor (c-mpl) reduces the numbers of these cells; all hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) are c-mpl+; genetic elimination of c-mpl ..
- Role of CD80 and CD86 in host immune responses to the recombinant hemagglutinin domain of Porphyromonas gingivalis gingipain and in the adjuvanticity of cholera toxin B and monophosphoryl lipid APing Zhang
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 845 19th Street South, BBRB258 5, Birmingham, AL 35294 2170, USA
Vaccine 25:6201-10. 2007..investigated the effect of the mucosal adjuvants the B subunit of cholera toxin (CTB) and monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) on the functional role of the costimulatory molecules for the induction of systemic and mucosal responses to Kgp-..
- Thrombopoietin in thrombocytopenias of childhoodC Dame
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville 32610 0296, USA
Semin Thromb Hemost 27:215-28. 2001This review summarizes the biology of thrombopoietin (TPO) in childhood. Studies on TPO and its receptor (c-mpl) have improved the understanding of inherited and acquired thrombocytopenias in childhood...
- Signals emanating from the membrane proximal region of the thrombopoietin receptor (mpl) support hematopoietic stem cell self-renewalWei Tong
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Nine Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Exp Hematol 35:1447-55. 2007Studies using thrombopoietin -/- (TPO(-/-)) or TPO receptor, mpl(-/-) mice have established a critical role for TPO/mpl signaling in hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) development...
- Expression of c-mpl mRNA, the receptor for thrombopoietin, in acute myeloid leukemia blasts identifies a group of patients with poor response to intensive chemotherapyM Wetzler
Department of Hematologic Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Clin Oncol 15:2262-8. 1997c-mpl, the human homolog of v-mpl, is the receptor for thrombopoietin...
- The mpl ligand: molecular and cellular biology of the critical regulator of megakaryocyte developmentK Kaushansky
Division of Hematology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle
Stem Cells 12:91-6; discussion 96-7. 1994..Recently, characterization of the proto-oncogene c-mpl revealed structural homology with the hematopoietic cytokine receptor family...
- Low levels of erythroid and myeloid progenitors in thrombopoietin-and c-mpl-deficient miceK Carver-Moore
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Blood 88:803-8. 1996Thrombopoietin (TPO), the ligand for the c-mpl receptor, has been shown to be the major regulator of platelet production...
- Surrogate thrombopoietinM Abe
Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Immunol Lett 61:73-8. 1998The extracellular domain of human c-Mpl, the receptor for thrombopoietin (TPO), was expressed as a chimeric protein with the interleukin-2 receptor alpha chain on the surface of murine B cell-line B300-19...
- Role of the distal half of the c-Mpl intracellular domain in control of platelet production by thrombopoietin in vivoS M Luoh
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:507-15. 2000..TPO exerts its effect through activation of the c-Mpl receptor and of multiple downstream signal transduction pathways...
- Differential role of Stat5 isoforms in effecting hematopoietic recovery induced by Mpl-ligand in lethally myelosuppressed miceTamara I Pestina
Division of Experimental Hematology, Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Exp Hematol 31:1198-205. 2003To determine the role of the c-terminal half of c-Mpl in Mpl-L-induced myeloprotection and the importance of Stat5 isoforms in the survival signaling pathways induced by Mpl ligand.
- Normal thrombopoietin and its receptor (c-mpl) genes in children with essential thrombocythemiaM L Randi
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua Medical School, Padua, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 44:47-50. 2005..abnormalities as the cause of familiar cases of thrombocythemia similar derangements of TPO and/or its receptor (c-mpl) might be surmised to be at the root of increased platelet count also in non-familiar (sporadic) cases...
- Thrombopoietin gene transfer-mediated enhancement of angiogenic responses to acute ischemiaHideki Amano
Department of Genetic Medicine, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Circ Res 97:337-45. 2005..of thrombopoietin (TPO) functioning to activate megakaryocyte differentiation and platelet release through the c-mpl receptor...
- Circulating thrombopoietin as an in vivo growth factor for blast cells in acute myeloid leukemiaFrancis Corazza
Laboratory of Hematology, CHU Brugmann, 4 Place Van Gehuchten, B 1020 Brussels, Belgium
Blood 107:2525-30. 2006..TPO), the major growth factor for cells of the megakaryocytic lineage, is removed from circulation by binding to c-mpl receptors present on platelets and megakaryocytes...
- A preliminary investigation into the action of anagrelide: thrombopoietin-c-Mpl receptor interactionsJohn M McCarty
Department of Hematology Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Program, Massey Cancer Center, VCU Health Systems MCV Hospitals at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, 23298, USA
Exp Hematol 34:87-96. 2006..Using CD34(+) stem cells and murine BaF3 cells transfected with the human or murine TPO receptor, c-Mpl (BaF3mpl), the effect of anagrelide on cell differentiation, proliferation, and signaling was examined in the ..
- Impact of chicken thrombopoietin and its receptor c-Mpl on hematopoietic cell developmentPetr Bartunek
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Prague, Czech Republic
Exp Hematol 36:495-505. 2008The primary objective of this study was to identify and clone the first nonmammalian thrombopoietin (TPO), chicken TPO, and its receptor c-Mpl for the purpose of characterizing their activities both in vitro and in vivo.
- hNUDC promotes the cell proliferation and differentiation in a leukemic cell line via activation of the thrombopoietin receptor (Mpl)Y S Tang
State Key Laboratory of Biocontrol and The Key Laboratory of Gene Engineering of Education Ministry, Zhongshan University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Leukemia 22:1018-25. 2008..of a fungal nuclear migration protein (hNUDC) that binds specifically with the extracellular domain of thrombopoietin receptor (Mpl)...
- Comparative analyses of the small molecule thrombopoietin receptor agonist eltrombopag and thrombopoietin on in vitro platelet functionJoseph A Erhardt
Department of Oncology, GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Exp Hematol 37:1030-7. 2009The thrombopoietin receptor (TPOR) is a therapeutic target for treatment of thrombocytopenia because stimulation of this receptor results in enhanced megakaryocyte proliferation, differentiation, and ultimately platelet production...
- Single administration of thrombopoietin to lethally irradiated mice prevents infectious and thrombotic events leading to mortalityM A Mouthon
Institut de Protection et de Surete Nucleaire, IPSN, Fontenay aux Roses Cedex, France
Exp Hematol 29:30-40. 2001A sufficiently high dose of thrombopoietin to overcome initial c-mpl-mediated clearance stimulates hematopoietic reconstitution following myelosuppressive treatment...
- Thrombopoietin is a growth factor for rat hepatic progenitorsEva Schmelzer
Department of Cell Culture and Stem Cell Biology, Biomedical Biotechnical Center, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:209-16. 2008..Therefore, the influence of TPO on the proliferation of fetal hepatic progenitors in vitro compared with that of adult hepatocytes was analyzed. The expression of the TPO receptor, c-mpl, was investigated in fetal and adult liver.
- Analysis of a monophosphoryl lipid A immunostimulant preparation from Salmonella minnesota R595 by high-performance liquid chromatographyS R Hagen
Ribi ImmunoChem Research, Inc, Hamilton, MT 59840, USA
J Chromatogr A 767:53-61. 1997b>MPL immunostimulant, a 4'-monophosphoryl lipid A (MLA) preparation obtained from the lipopolysaccharide of Salmonella minnesota R595, is being developed for several clinical indications...
- Combined inhibition effects of tacrolimus and methylprednisolone on in vitro human lymphocyte proliferationM J Lee
Department of Pharmaceutics, State University of New York at Buffalo 14260, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 17:335-45. 1995..We investigated the influence of combinations of FK 506 and methylprednisolone (MPL) on the suppression of in vitro human lymphocyte proliferation...
- A Th1-inducing adjuvant, MPL, enhances antibody profiles in experimental animals suggesting it has the potential to improve the efficacy of allergy vaccinesA W Wheeler
Allergy Therapeutics Ltd, Worthing, UK
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 126:135-9. 2001Monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) is a detoxified derivative of the lipopolysaccharide (LPS) moiety of Salmonella minnesota R595, which has retained immunostimulatory activities...
- Clinical trials of prophylactic and therapeutic herpes simplex virus vaccinesLawrence R Stanberry
The Sealy Center for Vaccine Development, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0351, USA
Herpes 11:161A-169A. 2004..The Chiron gD2gB2-MF59 vaccine gave transient protection of less than 6 months. The GlaxoSmithKline gD2-alum MPL vaccine conferred a 73-74% reduction in acquisition of symptomatic HSV-2 disease and a 38-42% reduction in the ..
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR BIOLOGY OF THROMBOPOIETINKenneth Kaushansky; Fiscal Year: 2013..Through its interaction with the c-Mpl receptor, TPO initiates a signaling cascade by triggering the phosphorylation and activation of Jak2...
- Functional Studies of the Extracellular Domain of MplDANIEL SABATH; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal is designed to study the structure/function relationships of Mpl, the thrombopoietin receptor, in ligand binding and in control of receptor activation...
- Mechanism of Lnk function in cytokine receptor signalingWei Tong; Fiscal Year: 2009..The adaptor protein Lnk negatively regulates signaling transduction of the Epo receptor (EpoR) and Tpo receptor (mpl), thereby downregulating Tpo-mediated megakaryocytopoiesis and Epo-mediated erythropoiesis...
- THROMBOPOIETIN SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONJonathan Drachman; Fiscal Year: 2000..The c-Mpl proto-oncogene, an orphan cytokine receptor, became the focus of intense investigation after it was shown that it ..
- REGULATION OF HEMATOPOIESIS BY THROMBOPOIETINWarren Alexander; Fiscal Year: 2001..The thrombocytopenia in mice lacking TPO or its receptor c-Mpl is evidence that TPO is the dominant physiologic regulator of megakaryocytopoiesis, but that sufficient TPO-..
- Inhibition of Histone Deacetylase in Myeloproliferative NeoplasmsGolam Mohi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Additional mutations in the thrombopoietin receptor MPL (MPLW515L, MPLW515K) have been found in 5-10% cases of ET and PMF...
- Wei Tong; Fiscal Year: 2014..The overall goal of this project is to examine the respective contributions of Wnt, mTOR, and Tpo/Mpl/JAK2 signaling in the response to GSK-3 inhibition and to define the role of GSK-3 in regulating these pathways ..
- Erythropoietin Blockade for the Treatment of CancerC Anthony Blau; Fiscal Year: 2012..Ectopic expression of a modified derivative of the thrombopoietin receptor (F36VMpl) in hematopoietic stem cells and their progeny allows for CID-dependent blood cell production, ..
- Glen D Raffel; Fiscal Year: 2016..Preliminary data shows Ott1 interacts with a region of the c-Mpl gene involved in alternative splicing...
- Wei Tong; Fiscal Year: 2016..One important signaling axis for HSC biology is thrombopoietin (TPO) and its receptor Mpl, signaling through Janus Kinase (JAK2). TPO-/- or Mpl-/- mice show diminished HSC self-renewal...
- Melissa A Kacena; Fiscal Year: 2016..Second, TPO more rapidly restores bone contour at the fracture site by binding to c-mpl on osteoclast (OC) progenitors, increasing osteoclastogenesis, and subsequently coupled remodeling...
- SIGNAL TRANDUCTION IN POLYCYTHEMIA VERAJerry Spivak; Fiscal Year: 1999..to date, we now plan to examine TPO-mediated PV platelet signal transduction with respect to platelet c-Mpl expression, the interaction of c-Mpl in PV megakaryocytes as compared to PV platelets...
- MOLECULAR PHYSIOLOGY OF THROMBOPOIETINDavid Kuter; Fiscal Year: 1999..Using cultures of megakaryocyte precursor cells efforts will also be made to determine how the thrombopoietin receptor is itself regulated...
- C-MPL AND EARLY HUMAN HEMATOPOIESISWilliam Kerr; Fiscal Year: 2003Thrombopoietin (TPO) via its receptor, c-mpl, is the primary physiological regulatory of platelet production...
- CONDITIONAL ACTIVATION OF MPL AS A GENE THERAPY STRATEGYRobert Richard; Fiscal Year: 2006..that express a fusion protein containing a CID binding domain linked to the intracellular portion of the thrombopoietin receptor, mpl...
- Mpl: Signal Trafficking and MegakaryocytopoiesisDEBRA DAHLEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..to gain insight into the signal transduction mechanisms of the growth factor thrombopoietin (TPO) and its receptor, Mpl, and to provide in-depth training in molecular biology for Dr. Debra Dahlen...
- Therapeutic Synergy of Membrane-Anchored Cytokines, TLR Ligands &UkrainErica Bozeman; Fiscal Year: 2012..cells of the adaptive immune response, the simultaneous vaccination with the TLR- ligands, monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) and unmethylated CpG-motifs (CpG), will activate innate immune cells, most notably DCs that will further augment ..
- Robert K Ernst; Fiscal Year: 2014..Recently, the lipid A mimetic (monophosphoryl lipid A, MPL) adjuvant has been combined with alum (AS04) in two FDA-approved vaccines (Cervarix (Human Papilloma Virus), and ..
- Xinyuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2014..A laser-based powder delivery (LPD) in combination with a clinical monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) adjuvant (MPL/LPD) is proposed for improved newborn immunization...
- The Role of TLR4 and RSV F Protein in Immunity to RSVJORGE C BLANCO; Fiscal Year: 2013..used in the failed trials, newly formulated with a non-toxic adjuvant and TLR4 agonist, monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL), suppressed FI-RSV vaccine-enhanced disease by blunting the mixed Th1- and Th2-type "cytokine storm" that is ..
- Developing Immunotherapeutics for Methamphetamine AbuseTHOMAS RICHARD KOSTEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..These adjuvants include CpG oligonucleotides, MPL, and a squalene-based adjuvant;CFA and alum will be included as controls...
- Ross L Levine; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Activating mutations in JAK2 and in MPL are present in the majority of patients with the myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN) essential thrombocytosis (ET) and primary myelofibrosis (PMF)...
- LEE MARK WETZLER; Fiscal Year: 2016..inflammasomes mediated immune activation, other TLR ligands, including CpG DNA (TLR9), and monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL)(TLR4), and QS-21...
- Mechanisms of Monophosporyl Lipid A Immuno-Modulation in Septic ShockCHRISTOPHER DAVID MICHAEL ROMERO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Greater mechanistic understanding is needed for MPL and other immunomoduolators to become clinically available treatment options...
- Xinyuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2014..Encapsulation of nicotine vaccine and a safe cutaneous monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) adjuvant into mixed poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA) particles with different sizes is expected to ..
- John D Crispino; Fiscal Year: 2016..However, upon acquisition of mutations in key signaling molecules, such as MPL or JAK2, megakaryocyte progenitors expand and lead to thrombocytosis in ET or myelofibrosis in PMF...
- Lynn Soong; Fiscal Year: 2014..regimens, in conjunction with novel TLR4- adjuvants glucopyranosyl lipid A (GLA) and monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL)...
- REGULATION OF IMMUNE RESPONSE IN THE ORAL CAVITYSuzanne Michalek; Fiscal Year: 2003..The adjuvants to be used are the B subunit of cholera toxin (rCTB) and monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL). Adult volunteers will be used in this aspect of the study...
- DEVELOP AND EVALUATE NEW LEPROSY AND TB VACCINESThomas Gillis; Fiscal Year: 2003..MT, 3) MT culture filtrate in adjuvant prepared from the nontoxic derivative of lipid A from Salmonella minnesota (MPL, [plus IL-2]) and 4) pooled MT genomic vaccine, (3) test protective efficacy, potency and immunotherapeutic ..
- PROLIFERATIVE SWITCH FOR GENETICALLY MODIFIED CELLSC Anthony Blau; Fiscal Year: 2004..We have achieved that goal. Our approach uses a derivative of the thrombopoietin receptor (mpl) that delivers a conditional growth signal in response to a drug called a chemical inducer of ..
- CHRONIC HYPOXIA AND RESISTANCE TO MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIAJohn E Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..Tpo) is the primary physiologic regulator of megakaryocyte and platelet development through the Tpo receptor mpl. Recently we have made the novel and serendipitous observation that Tpo is an extraordinarily potent ..
- Development of a Novel Vaccine Against Herpes Simplex Type 2DEBORAH SPECTOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..generated by the optimal combination of conserved, essential HSV-2 genes and gD2 DNA will be compared to the gD2/MPL/alum protein subunit vaccine that was partially protective in clinical testing...
- Paraventricular nucleus regulatory mechanisms in stress and hypertensionColin Sumners; Fiscal Year: 2013..indicate that MIF acts within PVN neurons of normotensive rats via its intrinsic thiol protein oxidoreductase (TPOR) activity to attenuate the cardiovascular actions of Ang II...
- Targeted Dendritic Cell Activation through Multi-Adjuvant LiposomesGretchen Jimenez; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have shown that the TLR4 agonist, MPL has an immunostimulatory effect and hypothesize that other TLR agonists and receptor-binding ligands will influence ..
- STEVEN GREGORY REED; Fiscal Year: 2016..KSAC, together with the adjuvant formulation MPL-SE, provides partial protection against a needle challenge of L. infantum or L. donovani...
- John D Crispino; Fiscal Year: 2016..in DS leukemia, this research is also relevant to other leukemias with acquired trisomy 21, such as hyperdiploid ALL and to myeloproliferative neoplasms, in particular the large group of ET and PMF cases that lack JAK2 or MPL mutations.
- Development of Efficacious and Stable Nasal Vaccine FormulationsHerman F Staats; Fiscal Year: 2013..MCAP combined with TLR ligands MPL or CpG provided adjuvant activity that was superior to any adjuvant used alone...
- HMGB1-Derived Peptides As Vaccine AdjuvantsBradley T Messmer; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Currently, aluminum compounds and more recently MPL are the only adjuvants approved by the FDA for use in humans in the U.S...
- Microfabricated 3D Environments for Characterizing Bacterial Group BehaviorsMarvin Whiteley; Fiscal Year: 2010..In these studies, a novel approach based on multiphoton lithography (MPL) will be developed for microfabricating defined, arbitrary topographies using biological building blocks (proteins) ..
- Antigenic variation by multiple promoter inversions in Mycoplasma penetransMichael Calcutt; Fiscal Year: 2009..discloses the presence of 50 lipoprotein genes, 38 of which constitute a large paralogous family (designated mpl) that includes the abundant lipoproteins P35 and P42...
- Liposomal Nicotine Vaccine DevelopmentGary Fujii; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our initial formulations will incorporate the following TLR agonists for testing: MPL (TLR4);loxoribine (TLR7/8) and;an oligonucleotide containing a CpG motif (TLR9)...
- ApoVax104-HPV as a Novel Vaccine for Cervical CancerKATHRYN MACLEOD; Fiscal Year: 2009..E749-57) was more effective than 3 benchmark adjuvants (lipopolysaccharide, (LPS), Monophosphoryl Lipid A (MPL), and CpG oligonucleotide (CpG), in the generation of primary and long- term T cell memory as well as in the ..
- Formulation of TLR 3, 7, and 8 Agonists in Conjugatable Adjuvant Lipid VesiclesSAMON HO; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have already shown that the TLR4 agonist, MPL has an immunostimulatory effect and hypothesize that other TLR agonists will influence the immune response profile ..
- Leish-111f + MPL-SE vaccine development for treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasisFRANCO PIAZZA; Fiscal Year: 2006..proposal for implementing a Phase 2 clinical trial to evaluate the safety and immunogenicity of the Leish-111 f + MPL-SE vaccine in the treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis caused by Leishmania major in Tunisia...
- LISTERIA PHOSPHOLIPASE ACTIVATION & CELL-TO-CELL SPREADHELENE MARQUIS; Fiscal Year: 2002..biochemical evidence that the intracellular activation of pro PC-PLC is mediated by a bacterial metalloprotease (Mpl), which is also active in broth culture, and a cysteine protease, whose activity can only be detected during ..
- Christopher H Clegg; Fiscal Year: 2014..There is a very strong rationale to develop GLA for allergy based on its superior drug profile to MPL, a related TLR4 agonist that accelerates desensitization in people...
- Mucosal RSV vaccine using CpG oligodeoxynucleotidesGregory Prince; Fiscal Year: 2003..phenotype associated with vaccine-enhanced disease could be eliminated by the addition of monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL), and thus we believe that the atypical histopathology accompanying F/CpG immunization can also be eliminated ..
- MUROPEPTIDE RECYCLING PATHWAY & BETA LACTAMASE INDUCTIONJames Park; Fiscal Year: 2006..Antigen 43 causes autoaggregation which facilitates biofilm formation. Deletion of either murein peptide ligase (mpl) or murein peptide amidase A (mpaA) results in production of tripeptide and antigen 43 suggesting that accumulation ..
- THE YEAST NUCLEAR PORE COMPLEXMichael Douglas; Fiscal Year: 1991..Purification of a highly enriched yeast nuclear matrix pore lamina (MPL) fraction yields a protein profile with 12-15 proteins...
- Multi-drug Resistance Tuberculosis as Bioterrorism AgentLuis Cantarero; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work will test vaccine candidates 72f, a recombinant polyprotein, and a mixture of low oxygen proteins both in MPL-SE adjuvant that have shown extremely promising early results by our consultants in mouse, guinea pig and monkey ..
- Listeria phospholipase C: sorting, activation, releaseHELENE MARQUIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..A bacterial metalloprotease (Mpl) is involved in the regulation of PC-PLC activation and secretion...
- Novel Adjuvants/Delivery Systems for Biodefense VaccinesNICHOLAS VALIANTE; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will be done by first formulating rPA with our existing delivery systems and synthetic MPL derivatives to evaluate the general performance of these novel formulations in immunogenicity/ protection studies (..
- PLACENTAL LACTOGENS--REGULATION AND BIOACTIVITYFrank Talamantes; Fiscal Year: 1999The mouse placenta produces two placental lactogens: mouse placental lactogen-I (mPL-I) and mPL-II...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF HEMOPOIETIC STEM CELLSGeorge Stamatoyannopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2004..They will characterize features of mpl of GCSF receptors that are involved in stem cell expansion and test whether transient activation of these receptors ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION STUDIES OF MPLDIANA SABATH; Fiscal Year: 2000The overall objectives of this project are to gain insights into the role of the growth factor receptor, Mpl, in hematopoiesis and to provide in-depth training in Molecular Biology for Dr. Diana Sabath...
- Thrombopoietin Signaling: The Role of Src KinasesBRIAN LANNUTTI; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the signaling mechanisms of Mp1 and its interactions with other signaling molecules may lead to novel approaches in the treatment of a number of hematologic and other diseases. ..
- Role of c-Mpl in HIV-1 Induced CytopeniasPRASAD KOKA; Fiscal Year: 2008..PI will focus this research investigation on the hematopoietic cytokine, thrombopoietin (Tpo) and its receptor (c-mpl) since they are important effectors of multilineage hematopoiesis...
- THE ROLE OF PL3K IN THROMBOPOIETIN SIGNALINGAmy Geddis; Fiscal Year: 2005..MK) development and plays an important role in hematopoiesis in general, but the mechanisms by which its receptor, Mpl, signals to stimulate cell survival and proliferation are incompletely understood...
- Immune Pathways as Prerequisites for Adjuvants' EfficacyGeorge Hui; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- GROWTH FACTORS IN NORMAL AND NEOPLASTIC HEMATOPOIESISKenneth Kaushansky; Fiscal Year: 2006..efficiency of translation or 2) affect TPO blood levels indirectly by altering expression of the TPO receptor, c-mpl; B) determine the intramolecular pathways employed by TPO that transmit signals for MK survival, proliferation and ..
- Cell biology of megakaryocytes and platelets 2005Kenneth Kaushansky; Fiscal Year: 2005..This application is a request for partial funds to support the attendance of speakers and discussion leaders, and selected postdoctoral fellows and students at this important new meeting. ..
- 2007 Cell Biology of Megakaryocytes and Platelets GRCKenneth Kaushansky; Fiscal Year: 2007..e. speakers, discussion leaders, postdoctoral fellows, students, etc.) at this important scientific meeting. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Pathogenesis of Polycythemia VeraALISON MOLITERNO; Fiscal Year: 2008..We previously identified unique molecular defects in thrombopoietin (TPO) receptor (Mpl) gene expression that were associated clinically with distinct myeloproliferative phenotypes...
- Clinical Applications of a Novel Fanconi Anemia AssayAkiko Shimamura; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Apoptosis in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaRuben Mesa; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..