Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIRLET7A1
Description: microRNA let-7a-1
Alias: LET7A1, MIRNLET7A1, let-7a-1
- let-7 microRNA functions as a potential growth suppressor in human colon cancer cellsYukihiro Akao
Department of Genetic Diagnosis, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, Kakamigahara, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:903-6. 2006..These findings suggest the involvement of let-7 miRNA in the growth of colon cancer cells. Thus, miRNAs might provide a basis for novel RNA anti-cancer agents...
- A let-7 microRNA SNP in the KRAS 3'UTR is prognostic in early-stage colorectal cancerKim M Smits
Departments of Pathology and Epidemiology, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 17:7723-31. 2011..Effects in early-stage CRC are however unknown. We studied KRAS-LCS6 genotype, hypothesizing that it might identify early-stage cases with a poor prognosis, and could potentially be used in therapy decision-making...
- Cellular stress induced alterations in microRNA let-7a and let-7b expression are dependent on p53Anthony D Saleh
Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24429. 2011....
- High let-7a microRNA levels in KRAS-mutated colorectal carcinomas may rescue anti-EGFR therapy effects in patients with chemotherapy-refractory metastatic diseaseAnnamaria Ruzzo
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
Oncologist 17:823-9. 2012..002). In patients with KRAS mutations, Let-7a analysis may serve to identify subgroups of patients who may still benefit from EGFR inhibition and this may open up new perspectives for alternative treatment strategies...
- The regulatory mechanism of CCR7 gene expression and its involvement in the metastasis and progression of gastric cancerWei Ning Wang
Hepatobiliary and Enteric Surgery Research Center, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, 410008, China
Tumour Biol 34:1865-71. 2013..High CCR7 protein expression may be caused by the loss of Dicer 1 protein expression and reduced let-7a miRNA level in gastric cancer. The serum let-7a level might be a marker for the diagnosis of gastric cancer...
- SOX2-LIN28/let-7 pathway regulates proliferation and neurogenesis in neural precursorsFlavio Cimadamore
Center for Neuroscience, Aging, and Stem Cell Research, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E3017-26. 2013..In conclusion, we discovered the SOX2-LIN28/let-7 pathway as a unique molecular mechanism governing NPC proliferation and neurogenic potential. ..
- A let-7/Fas double-negative feedback loop regulates human colon carcinoma cells sensitivity to Fas-related apoptosisLi Geng
The Department of Special Treatment, Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University, No 225, Changhai Road, Shanghai 200438, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 408:494-9. 2011..We also found that a let-7 microRNA inhibitor increased Fas expression and sensitized cells to Fas-related apoptosis, which may have future implications in colon carcinoma therapy...
- Let-7 in cardiovascular diseases, heart development and cardiovascular differentiation from stem cellsMei Hua Bao
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Int J Mol Sci 14:23086-102. 2013..Let-7 might be a potential therapeutic target for cardiovascular diseases. This review focuses on the research progresses regarding the roles of let-7 in cardiovascular development and diseases. ..
- The ubiquitin ligase human TRIM71 regulates let-7 microRNA biogenesis via modulation of Lin28B proteinSeo Hyun Lee
Cancer Cell and Molecular Biology Branch, Research Institute, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi 410 769, Republic of Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1839:374-86. 2014..Our findings collectively reveal critical aspects of regulatory complexity of let-7 biogenesis at the posttranscriptional level. ..
- Double-negative feedback loop between reprogramming factor LIN28 and microRNA let-7 regulates aldehyde dehydrogenase 1-positive cancer stem cellsXiaojun Yang
Center for Research on Early Detection and Cure of Ovarian Cancer, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Res 70:9463-72. 2010..Our data provide evidence that cancer stem cells may arise through a "reprogramming-like" mechanism. A rebalancing of the LIN28/let-7 regulatory loop could be a novel therapeutic strategy to target ALDH1+ cancer stem cells...
- Let-7 microRNA inhibits the proliferation of human glioblastoma cellsSoon Tae Lee
Department of Neurology, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, 101, Daehangno, Jongno gu, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
J Neurooncol 102:19-24. 2011..These results indicate that let-7 miRNA has an anti-tumorigenic effect on glioblastoma cells, and suggest possible use of let-7 miRNA for treating glioblastoma...
- MicroRNA let-7a inhibits proliferation of human prostate cancer cells in vitro and in vivo by targeting E2F2 and CCND2Qingchuan Dong
Department of Urology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
PLoS ONE 5:e10147. 2010..In this study, we used in vitro and in vivo approaches to investigate whether E2F2 and CCND2 are direct targets of let-7a, and if let-7a acts as a tumor suppressor in prostate cancer by down-regulating E2F2 and CCND2...
- The tumor suppressor microRNA let-7 represses the HMGA2 oncogeneYong Sun Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Genes Dev 21:1025-30. 2007....
- A cellular micro-RNA, let-7i, regulates Toll-like receptor 4 expression and contributes to cholangiocyte immune responses against Cryptosporidium parvum infectionXian Ming Chen
Miles and Shirley Fiterman Center for Digestive Diseases, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 282:28929-38. 2007..parvum infection. Furthermore, the data raise the possibility that micro-RNA-mediated post-transcriptional pathways may be critical to host-cell regulatory responses to microbial infection in general...
- Let-7 prevents early cancer progression by suppressing expression of the embryonic gene HMGA2Sun Mi Park
The Ben May Department for Cancer Research, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Cell Cycle 6:2585-90. 2007..The late repression of HMGA2 by let-7 during embryonic development, and the early reexpression of HMGA2 during cancer development, is in line with the hypothesis that cancer development represents a case of reverse embryogenesis...
- let-7 Overexpression leads to an increased fraction of cells in G2/M, direct down-regulation of Cdc34, and stabilization of Wee1 kinase in primary fibroblastsAster Legesse-Miller
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
J Biol Chem 284:6605-9. 2009..We conclude that Cdc34 is a functional target of let-7 and that let-7 induces down-regulation of Cdc34, stabilization of the Wee1 kinase, and an increased fraction of cells in G(2)/M in primary fibroblasts...
- Epstein-Barr virus EBNA1 protein regulates viral latency through effects on let-7 microRNA and dicerSheila Mansouri
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Virol 88:11166-77. 2014..The results provide a mechanism by which EBNA1 could promote EBV latency by inducing let-7 miRNAs...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in the 3'-untranslated region of the KRAS gene disrupts the interaction with let-7a and enhances the metastatic potential of osteosarcoma cellsShiqian Zhang
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150001, P R China
Int J Mol Med 38:919-26. 2016....
- The MYCN-HMGA2-CDKN2A pathway in non-small cell lung carcinoma--differences in histological subtypesHanne A Eide
Department of Cancer Genetics, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
BMC Cancer 16:71. 2016..Deregulation of a pathway including MYCN, HMGA2 and CDKN2A, with the participation of DICER1, is of importance in several solid tumours, and may also be of significance in the pathogenesis of NSCLC...
- Association Between Genetic Polymorphisms in the Promoter Regions of Let-7 and Risk of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma: A Case-Control StudyYichao Wang
From the Department of Thyriod Surgery YW, TW, XW, JZ Department of Pancreatic Surgery JX and Department of Laboratory of Molecular and Translational Medicine, West China Institute of Women and Children s Health, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Sichuan Province, China PC, LZ, LG
Medicine (Baltimore) 94:e1879. 2015..71, 95% CI = 1.03-2.86, P = 0.04), and PTC patients carrying the rs13293512 TC + CC or CC were more likely to develop N0 status (TC/CC vs TT: adjusted OR = 0.64, 95% CI = 0.43-0.94, P = 0.02; CC vs..
- Autocrine role of interleukin-13 on skeletal muscle glucose metabolism in type 2 diabetic patients involves microRNA let-7Lake Q Jiang
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Section for Integrative Physiology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 305:E1359-66. 2013..In conclusion, IL-13 plays an autocrine role in skeletal muscle to increase glucose uptake and metabolism, suggesting a role in glucose homeostasis in metabolic disease. ..
- Androgen receptor decreases CMYC and KRAS expression by upregulating let-7a expression in ER-, PR-, AR+ breast cancerShuhua Lyu
Key Laboratory of Breast Cancer Prevention and Therapy, Ministry of Education and Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Therapy of Tianjin, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin 300060, P R China
Int J Oncol 44:229-37. 2014..Androgen-induced AR activating signal upregulates let-7a that targets CMYC and KRAS and contributes to ER-, PR-, AR+ breast cancer pathogenesis. Elucidation of this pathway will help develop new therapies...
- Ovarian cancer cell invasiveness is associated with discordant exosomal sequestration of Let-7 miRNA and miR-200Miharu Kobayashi
Centre for Clinical Diagnostics, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research, Building 71 918, Herston, Queensland 4029, Australia
J Transl Med 12:4. 2014..The hypothesis to be tested was that ovarian cancer cell invasiveness is associated with altered release of exosomes and discordant exosomal sequestration of miRNA...
- The association between let-7, RAS and HIF-1α in Ewing Sarcoma tumor growthMichal Hameiri-Grossman
Molecular Oncology, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
Oncotarget 6:33834-48. 2015..Moreover, the reduction in the tumor burden in a mouse model of ES following Salirasib treatment, suggests therapeutic potential for this RAS inhibitor in ES. ..
- Let-7 microRNA-binding-site polymorphism in the 3'UTR of KRAS and colorectal cancer outcome: a systematic review and meta-analysisScott M Langevin
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio
Cancer Med 3:1385-95. 2014....
- Vitamin D Receptor Genotype Modulates the Correlation between Vitamin D and Circulating Levels of let-7a/b and Vitamin D Intake in an Elderly CohortEmma Louise Beckett
School of Environmental and Life Sciences, University of Newcastle, Ourimbah, N S W, Australia
J Nutrigenet Nutrigenomics 7:264-73. 2014..We examined the correlations between vitamin D intake and circulating levels of the miRNAs let-7a/b, and the involvement of two common vitamin D receptor (VDR) polymorphisms, BsmI and ApaI...
- H19 lncRNA alters stromal cell growth via IGF signaling in the endometrium of women with endometriosisSanaz Ghazal
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
EMBO Mol Med 7:996-1003. 2015..Our finding represents the first example of a lncRNA-based mechanism in endometriosis and its associated infertility, thus holding potential in the development of novel therapeutics for women with endometriosis and infertility. ..
- Function and regulation of let-7 family microRNAsJen Liang Su
Institute of Toxicology, National Taiwan University, No 1, Section 1, Jen Ai Road, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Microrna 1:34-9. 2012..In this review, we discuss the multifaceted roles of let-7 and provide an overview of its regulation at multiple levels. ..
- LIN28A expression reduces sickling of cultured human erythrocytesJaira F de Vasconcellos
Molecular Genomics and Therapeutics Section, Molecular Medicine Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e106924. 2014..LIN28A-OE did not affect erythroblast differentiation or prevent enucleation, but it significantly reduced or ameliorated the sickling morphologies of the enucleated erythrocytes. ..
- MicroRNA let-7a modifies the effect of self-renewal gene HIWI on patient survival of epithelial ovarian cancerLingeng Lu
Department of Chronic Disease Epidemiology, Yale School of Public Health, School of Medicine, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
Mol Carcinog 55:357-65. 2016..2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- A role of uridylation pathway for blockade of let-7 microRNA biogenesis by Lin28BHiroshi I Suzuki
David H Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Sci 106:1174-81. 2015..Collectively, these results suggest that cytoplasmic uridylation pathway actively participates in blockade of let-7 biogenesis by Lin28B...
- Metabolic reprogramming of metastatic breast cancer and melanoma by let-7a microRNAAnastassia Serguienko
Department of Tumor Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Oncotarget 6:2451-65. 2015..We thus have demonstrated that let-7a plays a prominent role in regulating energy metabolism in cancer cells, further expanding its therapeutic potential. ..
- MicroRNA let-7 modulates the immune response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection via control of A20, an inhibitor of the NF-κB pathwayManish Kumar
Department of Chemistry, Bose Institute, Kolkata 700009, India
Cell Host Microbe 17:345-56. 2015..These results uncover a role for let-7f and its target A20 in regulating immune responses to Mtb and controlling bacterial burden. ..
- Alterations in microRNAs miR-21 and let-7a correlate with aberrant STAT3 signaling and downstream effects during cervical carcinogenesisGauri Shishodia
Division of Molecular Oncology, Institute of Cytology and Preventive Oncology, I 7, Sector 39, Noida, 201301, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mol Cancer 14:116. 2015..BMC Cancer 2014, 14:996). The study is now extended to a set of cervical tissues that represent natural history of human papillomavirus (HPV)-induced tumorigenic transformation...
- DICER1 regulated let-7 expression levels in p53-induced cancer repression requires cyclin D1Xin Sun
Oncology Department of the First Affiliated Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, China
J Cell Mol Med 19:1357-65. 2015....
- Let-7a inhibits migration, invasion and epithelial-mesenchymal transition by targeting HMGA2 in nasopharyngeal carcinomaAibing Wu
Oncology Center, Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Medical College, No 57 Peoples Avenue South, Zhanjiang, Guangdong, 524002, People s Republic of China
J Transl Med 13:105. 2015..We aimed to investigate the function and mechanism of let-7a in nasopharyngeal carcinoma metastasis and clarified the regulation of high mobility group A2 (HMGA2) by let-7a...
- Expression of circulating microRNA-20a and let-7a in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaFu Cheng He
Fu Cheng He, Wei Wei Meng, Yun Hui Qu, Pin Lv, Liang Ming, Department of Medical Laboratory, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, Henan Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 21:4660-5. 2015..To investigate the expressions of microRNA-20a (miR-20a) and let-7a in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) and their diagnostic value...
- LIN28 Expression in malignant germ cell tumors downregulates let-7 and increases oncogene levelsMatthew J Murray
Department of Pathology, Cambridge University, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 73:4872-84. 2013..We conclude that the LIN28/let-7 pathway has a critical pathobiologic role in malignant GCTs and therefore offers a promising target for therapeutic intervention...
- Let7a inhibits the growth of endometrial carcinoma cells by targeting Aurora-BPing Liu
Gynecology Department, Changning Maternity and Infant Health Hospital, Shanghai, China
FEBS Lett 587:2523-9. 2013..Let-7a also antagonizes Aurora-B functions in promoting carcinoma cell proliferation by down-regulating Aurora-B protein level. Let-7a could be applied for gene therapy against endometrial carcinogenesis. ..
- let-7 microRNAs induce tamoxifen sensitivity by downregulation of estrogen receptor α signaling in breast cancerYingchun Zhao
Genomics and Functional Proteomics Laboratories, Osteoporosis Research Center, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
Mol Med 17:1233-41. 2011..Our results suggested a novel regulatory mechanism of let-7 miRNAs on ER-α36 mediated nongenomic estrogen signal pathways and Tam resistance...
- Role of microRNA let-7 and effect to HMGA2 in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaQing Liu
Medical Research Center, The Affiliated Hospital, Xinjiang Medical University, Urumqi 830054, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:1239-46. 2012..As well as, HMGA2 protein expression was significantly higher in ESCC than that in NAT, and HMGA2 may negatively regulated by let-7 at the post- transcriptional level in ESCC...
- The heterochronic microRNA let-7 inhibits cell motility by regulating the genes in the actin cytoskeleton pathway in breast cancerXiaowen Hu
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Mol Cancer Res 11:240-50. 2013..Our results indicate that reconstitution of let-7 expression in tumor cells could provide a novel therapeutic strategy for the treatment of metastatic disease...
- Expression analysis of mir-17-5p, mir-20a and let-7a microRNAs and their target proteins in CD34+ bone marrow cells of patients with myelodysplastic syndromesDiamantina Vasilatou
Second Department of Internal Medicine and Research Institute, Athens University Medical School, Attikon University General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Leuk Res 37:251-8. 2013..Importantly, mir-17-5p and mir-20a constitute favorable prognostic factors in MDS, since their expression was associated with increased overall survival of MDS patients...
- CD95 is part of a let-7/p53/miR-34 regulatory networkAnnika Hau
Division Hematology Oncology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e49636. 2012..The possible relevance of this regulatory network for cancer stem cells is discussed...
- MicroRNA let-7a inhibits the proliferation and invasion of nonsmall cell lung cancer cell line 95D by regulating K-Ras and HMGA2 gene expressionYan ying Wang
Department of Geriatrics, the Affiliated Zhongshan Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 28:131-7. 2013..05). We suppose that let-7a inhibits the proliferation and invasion of the cell line 95D by regulating the translation of K-RAS and HMGA2 mRNA, not the transcription of the mRNA itself...
- LIN28B induces neuroblastoma and enhances MYCN levels via let-7 suppressionJan J Molenaar
Department of Oncogenomics, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 44:1199-206. 2012..Interference with this pathway might offer therapeutic perspectives...
- Let-7a inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis by targeting EZH2 in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cellsKemin Cai
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Taizhou People s Hospital, Taizhou 225300, Jiangsu, PR China
Oncol Rep 28:2101-6. 2012..Taken together, our results suggest that let-7a and EZH2 may be potential therapeutic targets for nasopharyngeal carcinoma...
- Let-7a down-regulation plays a role in thyroid neoplasias of follicular histotype affecting cell adhesion and migration through its ability to target the FXYD5 (Dysadherin) geneMarianna Colamaio
Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E2168-78. 2012..MicroRNAs (miRs or miRNAs) have recently emerged as important regulators of gene expression, also playing a key role in the process of carcinogenesis...
- Investigation and identification of let-7a related functional proteins in gastric carcinoma by proteomicsYimin Zhu
Department of Oncology, The Second Hospital of Jiaxing, China
Anal Cell Pathol (Amst) 35:285-95. 2012..The data suggest that these differential proteins are involved in a novel let-7a signal pathway and these findings provide the basis to investigate the functional mechanisms of let-7a in gastric carcinoma...
- Differential regulation of the Let-7 family of microRNAs in CD4+ T cells alters IL-10 expressionSanjay Swaminathan
Immunovirology Laboratory, St Vincent s Centre for Applied Medical Research, Darlinghurst, New South Wales 2010, Australia
J Immunol 188:6238-46. 2012..In HIV-1 infection, the decrease in let-7 miRNAs may result in an increase in IL-10 from CD4(+) T cells and provide the virus with an important survival advantage by manipulating the host immune response...
- [Relationship between genetic polymorphism of promoter region let-7 and genetic susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma]Fang Huang
School of Basic Medicine, Nantong University, Nantong 226001, China
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 45:1093-8. 2011..The purpose of this study was to discuss the relationship between genetic polymorphism of promoter region let-7 and genetic susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in Chinese population...
- Post-transcriptional regulation by microrna-21 and let-7a microRNA in paediatric cholesteatomaX Chen
Department of Otolaryngology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, 1 JianShe East Road, Zhengzhou, Henan 450052, China
J Int Med Res 39:2110-8. 2011..These data may help to identify targets for miRNA- and protein-based therapeutic interventions for the non-surgical or adjunctive treatment of cholesteatoma...
- Structural basis of pre-let-7 miRNA recognition by the zinc knuckles of pluripotency factor Lin28Fionna E Loughlin
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:84-9. 2011..The consensus sequence explains several seemingly disparate previously published observations on the binding properties of Lin28...
- Hsa-let-7a functions as a tumor suppressor in renal cell carcinoma cell lines by targeting c-mycYongchao Liu
Department of Urology, Shanghai First People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 417:371-5. 2012....
- Downregulation of HMGA-targeting microRNAs has a critical role in human pituitary tumorigenesisD Palmieri
Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare Facoltà di Medicina e Chirurgia di Napoli, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Oncogene 31:3857-65. 2012..Therefore, these results indicate that the downregulation of the miRNAs able to target the HMGA genes could contribute to increase HMGA protein levels in human pituitary adenomas, and then to pituitary tumorigenesis...
- NIRF is frequently upregulated in colorectal cancer and its oncogenicity can be suppressed by let-7a microRNAFeng Wang
Department of Surgery, Sixth People s Hospital Affiliated with Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Cancer Lett 314:223-31. 2012..Taken together, our results provide new evidence that NIRF has an oncogenic role in CRC. This opens up the possibility of targeting NIRF and let-7a for CRC therapy...
- Estrogen receptor-regulated microRNAs contribute to the BCL2/BAX imbalance in endometrial adenocarcinoma and precancerous lesionsRong Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fengxian Central Hospital, Shanghai 201400, PR China
Cancer Lett 314:155-65. 2012..These ER-regulated hsa-let-7 microRNAs can be detected in most hyperplastic endometria, suggesting their potential utility as indicators of estrogen over-exposure...
- Senescence is an endogenous trigger for microRNA-directed transcriptional gene silencing in human cellsMoussa Benhamed
Institut Pasteur, Nuclear Organisation and Oncogenesis Unit, Department of Cell Biology and Infection, F 75015 Paris, France
Nat Cell Biol 14:266-75. 2012..Our results suggest that miRNA/AGO2-mediated SA-TGS may contribute to tumour suppression by stably repressing proliferation-promoting genes in premalignant cancer cells...
- Let-7 repression leads to HMGA2 overexpression in uterine leiomyosarcomaGuizhi Shi
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Cell Mol Med 13:3898-905. 2009..We found that overexpression of HMGA2 and let-7-mediated HMGA2 repression is a relevant molecular alteration in ULMS. Disrupting the control of HMGA2 and let-7 pairs promotes ULMS cell growth in vitro...
- Epigenetic down-regulation of the tumor suppressor gene PRDM1/Blimp-1 in diffuse large B cell lymphomas: a potential role of the microRNA let-7Kui Nie
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Pathol 177:1470-9. 2010..These findings provide further evidence for an important role of impairment of terminal B cell differentiation in DLBCL pathogenesis...
- Antagonistic role of hnRNP A1 and KSRP in the regulation of let-7a biogenesisGracjan Michlewski
Medical Research Council Human Genetics Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Nat Struct Mol Biol 17:1011-8. 2010..Finally, hnRNP A1 binding to let-7a interferes with the binding of KSRP, which is known to promote let-7a biogenesis. We propose that hnRNP A1 and KSRP have antagonistic roles in the post-transcriptional regulation of let-7a expression...
- MicroRNA-98 and let-7 regulate expression of suppressor of cytokine signaling 4 in biliary epithelial cells in response to Cryptosporidium parvum infectionGuoku Hu
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
J Infect Dis 202:125-35. 2010..parvum. These data suggest that miRNAs play an important role in the coordinated regulation of CIS and SOCS expression in epithelial cells in response to C. parvum infection...
- The MicroRNA let-7a modulates interleukin-6-dependent STAT-3 survival signaling in malignant human cholangiocytesFanyin Meng
Division of Gastroenterology, Scott and White Clinic, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine, Temple, Texas 76508, USA
J Biol Chem 282:8256-64. 2007....
- Regression of murine lung tumors by the let-7 microRNAP Trang
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Oncogene 29:1580-7. 2010..These results demonstrate the therapeutic potential of let-7 in NSCLC and point to miRNA replacement therapy as a promising approach in cancer treatment...
- An epigenetic switch involving NF-kappaB, Lin28, Let-7 MicroRNA, and IL6 links inflammation to cell transformationDimitrios Iliopoulos
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 139:693-706. 2009..Thus, inflammation activates a positive feedback loop that maintains the epigenetic transformed state for many generations in the absence of the inducing signal...
- Let-7a microRNA functions as a potential tumor suppressor in human laryngeal cancerXiao Bo Long
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, PR China
Oncol Rep 22:1189-95. 2009..Thus, we propose that let-7a may be a tumor suppressor in laryngeal cancer by inhibiting cell growth, inducing cell apoptosis and downregulating the oncogenes expression...
- Small RNAs analysis in CLL reveals a deregulation of miRNA expression and novel miRNA candidates of putative relevance in CLL pathogenesisS Marton
Molecular Oncology Unit, Institut Pasteur, Montevideo, Uruguay
Leukemia 22:330-8. 2008..Predicted targets included several genes recently described as tumor suppressors. These data could afford new avenues for exploring innovative pathways in CLL biology and therapy...
- Antiproliferative effects by Let-7 repression of high-mobility group A2 in uterine leiomyomaYi Peng
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:663-73. 2008..Our findings suggest that the Let-7-mediated repression of HMGA2 mechanism can be an important molecular event in leiomyoma growth...
- Overexpression of HMGA2 relates to reduction of the let-7 and its relationship to clinicopathological features in pituitary adenomasZhi Rong Qian
Department of Pathology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School of Medicine, Tokushima, Japan
Mod Pathol 22:431-41. 2009..These findings support a causal link between let-7 and high-mobility group A2 whereby loss of let-7 expression induces high-mobility group A2 upregulation that represents an important mechanism in pituitary tumorigenesis and progression...
- Raf kinase inhibitory protein suppresses a metastasis signalling cascade involving LIN28 and let-7Surabhi Dangi-Garimella
Ben May Department for Cancer Research, Gordon Center for Integrative Sciences, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
EMBO J 28:347-58. 2009..RKIP regulation of two pluripotent stem cell genes, Myc and LIN28, highlights the importance of RKIP as a key metastasis suppressor and potential therapeutic agent...
- [Time course of let-7a expression in the cell cycle of human cervical carcinoma HeLa cells]Jue Yu Zhou
Institute of Genetic Engineering, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 29:442-5. 2009..To investigate the time course of let-7a microRNA expression in the cell cycle of HeLa cells...
- The 5' terminal uracil of let-7a is critical for the recruitment of mRNA to Argonaute2Kristin M Felice
Department of Molecular, Microbial and Structural Biology and Graduate Program in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Biochem J 422:329-41. 2009..Thus we conclude that the interaction of the 5' uracil base with Argonaute2 plays a critical and novel role in the recruitment of mRNA...
- Let-7a regulation of insulin-like growth factors in breast cancerLingeng Lu
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, 60 College Street, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 126:687-94. 2011..Let-7a may up-regulate the expression of IGFs in cancer cells, which is different from its inhibitory effects on other oncogenes...
- Collagen regulation of let-7 in pancreatic cancer involves TGF-β1-mediated membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase expressionS Dangi-Garimella
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
Oncogene 30:1002-8. 2011....
- Involvement of let-7/miR-98 microRNAs in the regulation of progesterone receptor membrane component 1 expression in ovarian cancer cellsAlexandra Wendler
University of Heidelberg, Clinical Pharmacology Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Oncol Rep 25:273-9. 2011....
- Role of ribosomal protein RPS2 in controlling let-7a expression in human prostate cancerMin Wang
Department of Pathology, Drexel University College of Medicine, MS 435, 15th and Vine Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Mol Cancer Res 9:36-50. 2011..These results show for the first time that RPS2 blocks pre-let-7a-1 processing to enable ras and c-myc expression and the transformation of primary tumor cells...
- Low-level expression of let-7a in gastric cancer and its involvement in tumorigenesis by targeting RAB40CQiaoyuan Yang
School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Southern Medical University, 18318 North Guangzhou Avenue, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Carcinogenesis 32:713-22. 2011..The results of this study suggest that let-7a and RAB40C are potentially useful targets for gastric cancer diagnosis and therapy...
- Let-7 microRNA and HMGA2 levels of expression are not inversely linked in adipocytic tumors: analysis of 56 lipomas and liposarcomas with molecular cytogenetic dataLaurence Bianchini
Laboratory of Solid Tumors Genetics, Nice University Hospital, Nice, France
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 50:442-55. 2011....
- Analysis of the host microRNA response to Salmonella uncovers the control of major cytokines by the let-7 familyLeon N Schulte
Institute for Molecular Infection Biology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
EMBO J 30:1977-89. 2011..Our results establish a paradigm of microRNA-mediated feed-forward activation of inflammatory factors when mammalian cells are targeted by bacterial pathogens...
- Aberrant expression of let-7a miRNA in the blood of non-small cell lung cancer patientsHye Cheol Jeong
Division of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, CHA Bundang Medical Center, CHA University, Gyeonggi do 463 712, Republic of Korea
Mol Med Rep 4:383-7. 2011..Let-7a miRNAs were under-expressed in the blood of NSCLC patients, as well as NSCLC cells and NSCLC tissues, compared to normal controls. The possibility of using let-7a miRNA as a serologic marker for lung cancer warrants further study...
- Circulating microRNAs let-7a and miR-16 predict progression-free survival and overall survival in patients with myelodysplastic syndromeZhuang Zuo
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Blood 118:413-5. 2011..These findings suggest that let-7a and miR-16 plasma levels can serve as noninvasive prognostic markers in MDS patients...
- Let-7 microRNA-mediated regulation of IL-13 and allergic airway inflammationManish Kumar
Molecular Immunogenetics Laboratory and Centre of Excellence for Translational Research in Asthma and Lung Disease, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology Unit of C S I R, Delhi, India
J Allergy Clin Immunol 128:1077-85.e1-10. 2011..Although much is known about transcriptional regulation of IL-13, posttranscriptional regulation is poorly understood...
- Comparison of inflammatory microRNA expression in healthy and periodontitis tissuesYoung Hwa Lee
Department of Oral Microbiology, School of Dentistry, Pusan National University, Yangsan 626 870, Korea
Biocell 35:43-9. 2011..In summary, this study indicate that six miRNAs up-regulated in periodontitis gingiva may play a key role in chronic periodontitis...
- Tumour-suppressor microRNAs let-7 and mir-101 target the proto-oncogene MYCN and inhibit cell proliferation in MYCN-amplified neuroblastomaJ Buechner
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital of North Norway, 9038 Tromsø, Norway
Br J Cancer 105:296-303. 2011..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) regulate expression of many cancer-related genes through posttranscriptional repression of their mRNAs. In this study we investigate the proto-oncogene MYCN as a target for miRNA regulation...
- Use of microRNA Let-7 to control the replication specificity of oncolytic adenovirus in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsHuajun Jin
Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 6:e21307. 2011..These results suggested that SG7011(let7T) may be a promising anticancer agent or vector to mediate the expression of therapeutic gene, broadly applicable in the treatment for HCC and other cancers where the let-7 gene is downregulated...
- Signalling pathway for RKIP and Let-7 regulates and predicts metastatic breast cancerJieun Yun
Ben May Department for Cancer Research, University of Chicago, IL, USA
EMBO J 30:4500-14. 2011....
- Let-7a is a direct EWS-FLI-1 target implicated in Ewing's sarcoma developmentClaudio De Vito
Faculty of Biology and Medicine, Institute of Pathology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e23592. 2011..Our observations provide evidence that deregulation of let-7a target gene expression participates in ESFT development and identify let-7a as promising new therapeutic target for one of the most aggressive pediatric malignancies...
- miR-107 promotes tumor progression by targeting the let-7 microRNA in mice and humansPai Sheng Chen
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Toxicology, Institute of Toxicology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Invest 121:3442-55. 2011..Altogether, we have identified an oncogenic role for miR-107 and provide evidence of a transregulational interaction among miRNAs in human cancer development...
- MicroRNAs in Epithelial Innate Immunity to C. parvumXian Ming Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..parvum? This NEW CONCEPT is likely relevant to innate and adaptive immunity in general and our results could also provide a rational basis for the design and implementation of new therapeutic strategies for microbial infection. ..