Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIRLET7A1
Description: microRNA let-7a-1
Alias: LET7A1, MIRNLET7A1, let-7a-1
- Molenaar J, Domingo Fernández R, Ebus M, Lindner S, Koster J, Drabek K, et al. LIN28B induces neuroblastoma and enhances MYCN levels via let-7 suppression. Nat Genet. 2012;44:1199-206 pubmed publisher..Interference with this pathway might offer therapeutic perspectives. ..
- Chen X, Splinter P, O Hara S, Larusso N. A cellular micro-RNA, let-7i, regulates Toll-like receptor 4 expression and contributes to cholangiocyte immune responses against Cryptosporidium parvum infection. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:28929-38 pubmed..parvum infection. Furthermore, the data raise the possibility that micro-RNA-mediated post-transcriptional pathways may be critical to host-cell regulatory responses to microbial infection in general. ..
- Dong Q, Meng P, Wang T, Qin W, Qin W, Wang F, et al. MicroRNA let-7a inhibits proliferation of human prostate cancer cells in vitro and in vivo by targeting E2F2 and CCND2. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10147 pubmed publisher..Let-7a may also be novel therapeutic candidate for prostate cancer given its ability to induce cell-cycle arrest and inhibit cell growth, especially in hormone-refractory prostate cancer. ..
- Smits K, Paranjape T, Nallur S, Wouters K, Weijenberg M, Schouten L, et al. A let-7 microRNA SNP in the KRAS 3'UTR is prognostic in early-stage colorectal cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:7723-31 pubmed publisher..In advanced disease, the better outcome no longer exists. For early-stage patients, KRAS-LCS6 genotype combined with KRAS mutations merits validation as a prognostic biomarker and consideration in therapy decision-making. ..
- Bao M, Feng X, Zhang Y, Lou X, Cheng Y, Zhou H. Let-7 in cardiovascular diseases, heart development and cardiovascular differentiation from stem cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:23086-102 pubmed publisher..Let-7 might be a potential therapeutic target for cardiovascular diseases. This review focuses on the research progresses regarding the roles of let-7 in cardiovascular development and diseases. ..
- Cimadamore F, Amador Arjona A, Chen C, Huang C, Terskikh A. SOX2-LIN28/let-7 pathway regulates proliferation and neurogenesis in neural precursors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E3017-26 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we discovered the SOX2-LIN28/let-7 pathway as a unique molecular mechanism governing NPC proliferation and neurogenic potential. ..
- Ruzzo A, Graziano F, Vincenzi B, Canestrari E, Perrone G, Galluccio N, et al. High let-7a microRNA levels in KRAS-mutated colorectal carcinomas may rescue anti-EGFR therapy effects in patients with chemotherapy-refractory metastatic disease. Oncologist. 2012;17:823-9 pubmed publisher..002). In patients with KRAS mutations, Let-7a analysis may serve to identify subgroups of patients who may still benefit from EGFR inhibition and this may open up new perspectives for alternative treatment strategies. ..
- Yang X, Lin X, Zhong X, Kaur S, Li N, Liang S, et al. Double-negative feedback loop between reprogramming factor LIN28 and microRNA let-7 regulates aldehyde dehydrogenase 1-positive cancer stem cells. Cancer Res. 2010;70:9463-72 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence that cancer stem cells may arise through a "reprogramming-like" mechanism. A rebalancing of the LIN28/let-7 regulatory loop could be a novel therapeutic strategy to target ALDH1+ cancer stem cells. ..
- Lee S, Chu K, Oh H, Im W, Lim J, Kim S, et al. Let-7 microRNA inhibits the proliferation of human glioblastoma cells. J Neurooncol. 2011;102:19-24 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that let-7 miRNA has an anti-tumorigenic effect on glioblastoma cells, and suggest possible use of let-7 miRNA for treating glioblastoma. ..
- Michlewski G, Caceres J. Antagonistic role of hnRNP A1 and KSRP in the regulation of let-7a biogenesis. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:1011-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, hnRNP A1 binding to let-7a interferes with the binding of KSRP, which is known to promote let-7a biogenesis. We propose that hnRNP A1 and KSRP have antagonistic roles in the post-transcriptional regulation of let-7a expression. ..
- Park S, Shell S, Radjabi A, Schickel R, Feig C, Boyerinas B, et al. Let-7 prevents early cancer progression by suppressing expression of the embryonic gene HMGA2. Cell Cycle. 2007;6:2585-90 pubmed..The late repression of HMGA2 by let-7 during embryonic development, and the early reexpression of HMGA2 during cancer development, is in line with the hypothesis that cancer development represents a case of reverse embryogenesis. ..
- Loughlin F, Gebert L, Towbin H, Brunschweiger A, Hall J, Allain F. Structural basis of pre-let-7 miRNA recognition by the zinc knuckles of pluripotency factor Lin28. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;19:84-9 pubmed publisher..The consensus sequence explains several seemingly disparate previously published observations on the binding properties of Lin28. ..
- Wang W, Chen Y, Zhang Y, Hu T. The regulatory mechanism of CCR7 gene expression and its involvement in the metastasis and progression of gastric cancer. Tumour Biol. 2013;34:1865-71 pubmed publisher..High CCR7 protein expression may be caused by the loss of Dicer 1 protein expression and reduced let-7a miRNA level in gastric cancer. The serum let-7a level might be a marker for the diagnosis of gastric cancer. ..
- Geng L, Zhu B, Dai B, Sui C, Xu F, Kan T, et al. A let-7/Fas double-negative feedback loop regulates human colon carcinoma cells sensitivity to Fas-related apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;408:494-9 pubmed publisher..We also found that a let-7 microRNA inhibitor increased Fas expression and sensitized cells to Fas-related apoptosis, which may have future implications in colon carcinoma therapy. ..
- Lee Y, Dutta A. The tumor suppressor microRNA let-7 represses the HMGA2 oncogene. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1025-30 pubmed
- Wakiyama M, Takimoto K, Ohara O, Yokoyama S. Let-7 microRNA-mediated mRNA deadenylation and translational repression in a mammalian cell-free system. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1857-62 pubmed..Our work suggests that let-7 miRNPs containing Argonaute and GW182 impair the synergistic enhancement of translation by the 5'-cap and 3'-poly(A) tail, resulting in translational repression. ..
- Lee S, Cho S, Kim M, Choi K, Cho J, Gwak H, et al. The ubiquitin ligase human TRIM71 regulates let-7 microRNA biogenesis via modulation of Lin28B protein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1839:374-86 pubmed publisher..Our findings collectively reveal critical aspects of regulatory complexity of let-7 biogenesis at the posttranscriptional level. ..
- Legesse Miller A, Elemento O, Pfau S, Forman J, Tavazoie S, Coller H. let-7 Overexpression leads to an increased fraction of cells in G2/M, direct down-regulation of Cdc34, and stabilization of Wee1 kinase in primary fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:6605-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Cdc34 is a functional target of let-7 and that let-7 induces down-regulation of Cdc34, stabilization of the Wee1 kinase, and an increased fraction of cells in G(2)/M in primary fibroblasts. ..
- Akao Y, Nakagawa Y, Naoe T. let-7 microRNA functions as a potential growth suppressor in human colon cancer cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:903-6 pubmed..These findings suggest the involvement of let-7 miRNA in the growth of colon cancer cells. Thus, miRNAs might provide a basis for novel RNA anti-cancer agents. ..
- Dou R, Nishihara R, Cao Y, Hamada T, Mima K, Masuda A, et al. MicroRNA let-7, T Cells, and Patient Survival in Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Immunol Res. 2016;4:927-935 pubmed..Our data support the role of let-7a in suppressing antitumor immunity in colorectal cancer and suggest let-7a as a potential target of immunotherapy. Cancer Immunol Res; 4(11); 927-35. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Hameiri Grossman M, Porat Klein A, Yaniv I, Ash S, Cohen I, Kodman Y, et al. The association between let-7, RAS and HIF-1Î± in Ewing Sarcoma tumor growth. Oncotarget. 2015;6:33834-48 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the reduction in the tumor burden in a mouse model of ES following Salirasib treatment, suggests therapeutic potential for this RAS inhibitor in ES. ..
- Wang Y, Wei T, Xiong J, Chen P, Wang X, Zhang L, et al. Association Between Genetic Polymorphisms in the Promoter Regions of Let-7 and Risk of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma: A Case-Control Study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2015;94:e1879 pubmed publisher..33-0.77, Pâ€Š=â€Š0.001, respectively).Our study suggests that the rs10877887 polymorphism may be associated with the risk of PTC and the rs13293512 polymorphism may correlate to lymph node metastasis in PTC. ..
- Meng F, Henson R, Wehbe Janek H, Smith H, Ueno Y, Patel T. The MicroRNA let-7a modulates interleukin-6-dependent STAT-3 survival signaling in malignant human cholangiocytes. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:8256-64 pubmed
- Kumar M, Sahu S, Kumar R, Subuddhi A, Maji R, Jana K, et al. MicroRNA let-7 modulates the immune response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection via control of A20, an inhibitor of the NF-ÎºB pathway. Cell Host Microbe. 2015;17:345-356 pubmed publisher..These results uncover a role for let-7f and its target A20 in regulating immune responses to Mtb and controlling bacterial burden. ..
- De Vito C, Riggi N, Suva M, Janiszewska M, Horlbeck J, Baumer K, et al. Let-7a is a direct EWS-FLI-1 target implicated in Ewing's sarcoma development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23592 pubmed publisher..Our observations provide evidence that deregulation of let-7a target gene expression participates in ESFT development and identify let-7a as promising new therapeutic target for one of the most aggressive pediatric malignancies. ..
- Mansoori B, Mohammadi A, Shirjang S, Baghbani E, Baradaran B. Micro RNA 34a and Let-7a Expression in Human Breast Cancers is Associated with Apoptotic Expression Genes. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:1887-90 pubmed
- Lozier A, Rich M, Grawe A, Peck A, Zhao P, Chang A, et al. Targeting ornithine decarboxylase reverses the LIN28/Let-7 axis and inhibits glycolytic metabolism in neuroblastoma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:196-206 pubmed
- Lu L, Katsaros D, Risch H, Canuto E, Biglia N, Yu H. MicroRNA let-7a modifies the effect of self-renewal gene HIWI on patient survival of epithelial ovarian cancer. Mol Carcinog. 2016;55:357-65 pubmed publisher..2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Shin K, Jung D, Hong M, Kang H, Lee W, Yoo S, et al. The pri-let-7a-2 rs1143770C>T is associated with prognosis of surgically resected non-small cell lung cancer. Gene. 2016;577:148-52 pubmed publisher..49-0.91, P=0.01 and adjusted hazard ratio for DFS=0.74, confidence interval, 0.58-0.95, P=0.02). This observation indicates that pri-let-7a-2 rs1143770C>T may have a prognostic impact on surgically resected NSCLC. ..
- Agostini A, Brunetti M, Davidson B, Trope C, Heim S, Panagopoulos I, et al. Genomic imbalances are involved in miR-30c and let-7a deregulation in ovarian tumors: implications for HMGA2 expression. Oncotarget. 2017;8:21554-21560 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that genomic imbalances are involved in miR-30c and let-7a deregulation. One can reasonably assume that dysregulation of these miRNAs is a cause leading to HMGA2 upregulation in ovarian tumors. ..
- Hu X, Guo J, Zheng L, Li C, Zheng T, Tanyi J, et al. The heterochronic microRNA let-7 inhibits cell motility by regulating the genes in the actin cytoskeleton pathway in breast cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:240-50 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that reconstitution of let-7 expression in tumor cells could provide a novel therapeutic strategy for the treatment of metastatic disease. ..
- Faehnle C, Walleshauser J, Joshua Tor L. Multi-domain utilization by TUT4 and TUT7 in control of let-7 biogenesis. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2017;24:658-665 pubmed publisher..Finally, ZK2 of TUT4(7) aids oligoU addition by engaging the growing oligoU tail through uracil-specific interactions. ..
- Tang W, Cai P, Huo W, Li H, Tang J, Zhu D, et al. Suppressive action of miRNAs to ARP2/3 complex reduces cell migration and proliferation via RAC isoforms in Hirschsprung disease. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:1266-75 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that the miR-24-1*/let-7a*-ARP2/3 complex-RAC isoforms pathway may represent a novel pathogenic mechanism for HSCR. ..
- Farrokhnia F, Aplin J, Westwood M, Forbes K. MicroRNA regulation of mitogenic signaling networks in the human placenta. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:30404-16 pubmed publisher..These findings identify miR-377 and let-7a in regulation of endogenous cell growth and miR-145 in the placental response to maternal stimulation and will aid the development of therapeutic strategies for problem pregnancies. ..
- Bao M, Zhang Y, Lou X, Cheng Y, Zhou H. Protective effects of let-7a and let-7b on oxidized low-density lipoprotein induced endothelial cell injuries. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e106540 pubmed publisher..The present study may provide a new insight into the protective properties of let-7a and let-7b in preventing the endothelial dysfunction associated with cardiovascular disease, such as atherosclerosis. ..
- Serguienko A, Grad I, WennerstrÃ¸m A, Meza Zepeda L, Thiede B, Stratford E, et al. Metabolic reprogramming of metastatic breast cancer and melanoma by let-7a microRNA. Oncotarget. 2015;6:2451-65 pubmed..We thus have demonstrated that let-7a plays a prominent role in regulating energy metabolism in cancer cells, further expanding its therapeutic potential. ..
- Zipeto M, Court A, Sadarangani A, Delos Santos N, Balaian L, Chun H, et al. ADAR1 Activation Drives Leukemia Stem Cell Self-Renewal by Impairing Let-7 Biogenesis. Cell Stem Cell. 2016;19:177-191 pubmed publisher..A small-molecule tool compound antagonizes ADAR1's effect on LSC self-renewal in stromal co-cultures and restores let-7 biogenesis. Thus, ADAR1 activation represents a unique therapeutic vulnerability in LSCs with active JAK2 signaling. ..
- Schulte L, Eulalio A, Mollenkopf H, Reinhardt R, Vogel J. Analysis of the host microRNA response to Salmonella uncovers the control of major cytokines by the let-7 family. EMBO J. 2011;30:1977-89 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a paradigm of microRNA-mediated feed-forward activation of inflammatory factors when mammalian cells are targeted by bacterial pathogens. ..
- Palmieri D, D Angelo D, Valentino T, De Martino I, Ferraro A, Wierinckx A, et al. Downregulation of HMGA-targeting microRNAs has a critical role in human pituitary tumorigenesis. Oncogene. 2012;31:3857-65 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these results indicate that the downregulation of the miRNAs able to target the HMGA genes could contribute to increase HMGA protein levels in human pituitary adenomas, and then to pituitary tumorigenesis. ..
- Degrauwe N, Schlumpf T, Janiszewska M, Martin P, Cauderay A, Provero P, et al. The RNA Binding Protein IMP2 Preserves Glioblastoma Stem Cells by Preventing let-7 Target Gene Silencing. Cell Rep. 2016;15:1634-47 pubmed publisher..Our observations define the RNA-binding repertoire of IMP2 and identify a mechanism whereby it supports GSC and neural stem cell specification. ..
- Marton S, Garcia M, Robello C, Persson H, Trajtenberg F, Pritsch O, et al. Small RNAs analysis in CLL reveals a deregulation of miRNA expression and novel miRNA candidates of putative relevance in CLL pathogenesis. Leukemia. 2008;22:330-8 pubmed..Predicted targets included several genes recently described as tumor suppressors. These data could afford new avenues for exploring innovative pathways in CLL biology and therapy. ..
- Zhao Y, Deng C, Lu W, Xiao J, Ma D, Guo M, et al. let-7 microRNAs induce tamoxifen sensitivity by downregulation of estrogen receptor ? signaling in breast cancer. Mol Med. 2011;17:1233-41 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested a novel regulatory mechanism of let-7 miRNAs on ER-?36 mediated nongenomic estrogen signal pathways and Tam resistance. ..
- Erturk E, Cecener G, Egeli U, Tunca B, Tezcan G, Gokgoz S, et al. Expression status of let-7a and miR-335 among breast tumors in patients with and without germ-line BRCA mutations. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014;395:77-88 pubmed publisher..The expression analysis of these miRNAs might be used as biomarkers of the BRCA mutation status of early-onset and/or familial BC. ..
- Deng M, Hou J, Hu J, Wang S, Chen M, Chen L, et al. Hepatitis B virus mRNAs functionally sequester let-7a and enhance hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Lett. 2016;383:62-72 pubmed publisher..Finally, both in vitro and in vivo studies demonstrated that let-7a inhibition by HBV mRNAs resulted in enhanced HCC cell colony formation and tumor growth, providing evidence of the oncogenic potential of HBV mRNAs. ..
- Bammert T, Hijmans J, Reiakvam W, Levy M, Brewster L, Goldthwaite Z, et al. High glucose derived endothelial microparticles increase active caspase-3 and reduce microRNA-Let-7a expression in endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1026-1029 pubmed publisher..43 ± 0.17 fold vs control). These results demonstrate that hyperglycemic-induced EMPs increase endothelial cell active caspase-3. This apoptotic effect may be mediated, at least in part, by a reduction in miR-Let-7a expression. ..
- Hu G, Zhou R, Liu J, Gong A, Chen X. MicroRNA-98 and let-7 regulate expression of suppressor of cytokine signaling 4 in biliary epithelial cells in response to Cryptosporidium parvum infection. J Infect Dis. 2010;202:125-35 pubmed publisher..parvum. These data suggest that miRNAs play an important role in the coordinated regulation of CIS and SOCS expression in epithelial cells in response to C. parvum infection. ..
- Song H, Xu W, Song J, Liang Y, Fu W, Zhu X, et al. Overexpression of Lin28 inhibits the proliferation, migration and cell cycle progression and induces apoptosis of BGC-823 gastric cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2015;33:997-1003 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Lin28 may be a candidate predictor or an anticancer therapeutic target for gastric cancer patients. ..
- Hau A, Ceppi P, Peter M. CD95 is part of a let-7/p53/miR-34 regulatory network. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49636 pubmed publisher..The possible relevance of this regulatory network for cancer stem cells is discussed. ..
- How C, Hou S, Shih H, Huang M, Chiou S, Lee C, et al. Expression profile of MicroRNAs in gram-negative bacterial sepsis. Shock. 2015;43:121-7 pubmed publisher..Reduced let-7a and miR-150 levels in peripheral leukocytes correlate with GNB urosepsis patients. Furthermore, let-7a is relevant to the regulation of TLR-mediated innate immune response. ..
- Suzuki H, Katsura A, Miyazono K. A role of uridylation pathway for blockade of let-7 microRNA biogenesis by Lin28B. Cancer Sci. 2015;106:1174-81 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that cytoplasmic uridylation pathway actively participates in blockade of let-7 biogenesis by Lin28B. ..
- Buechner J, Tømte E, Haug B, Henriksen J, Løkke C, Flægstad T, et al. Tumour-suppressor microRNAs let-7 and mir-101 target the proto-oncogene MYCN and inhibit cell proliferation in MYCN-amplified neuroblastoma. Br J Cancer. 2011;105:296-303 pubmed publisher..The tumour-suppressor miRNAs let-7 and mir-101 target MYCN and inhibit proliferation and clonogenic growth of MYCN-amplified neuroblastoma cells. ..
- Dangi Garimella S, Yun J, Eves E, Newman M, Erkeland S, Hammond S, et al. Raf kinase inhibitory protein suppresses a metastasis signalling cascade involving LIN28 and let-7. EMBO J. 2009;28:347-58 pubmed publisher..RKIP regulation of two pluripotent stem cell genes, Myc and LIN28, highlights the importance of RKIP as a key metastasis suppressor and potential therapeutic agent. ..
- Li Y, Zhang X, Chen D, Ma C. Let-7a suppresses glioma cell proliferation and invasion through TGF-Î²/Smad3 signaling pathway by targeting HMGA2. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:8107-19 pubmed publisher..Let-7a may suppress the proliferation and invasion of glioma cells through mediating TGF-Î²/Smad3 signaling pathway by targeting HMGA2. ..
- Shi G, Perle M, Mittal K, Chen H, Zou X, Narita M, et al. Let-7 repression leads to HMGA2 overexpression in uterine leiomyosarcoma. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3898-905 pubmed publisher..We found that overexpression of HMGA2 and let-7-mediated HMGA2 repression is a relevant molecular alteration in ULMS. Disrupting the control of HMGA2 and let-7 pairs promotes ULMS cell growth in vitro. ..
- Kobayashi M, Salomon C, Tapia J, Illanes S, Mitchell M, Rice G. Ovarian cancer cell invasiveness is associated with discordant exosomal sequestration of Let-7 miRNA and miR-200. J Transl Med. 2014;12:4 pubmed publisher..The data obtained in this study are consistent with the hypothesis that the releases of exosomes varies significantly between ovarian cancer cell lines and correlates with their invasive potential. ..
- Liu Q, Guo X, Que S, Yang X, Fan H, Liu M, et al. LncRNA RSU1P2 contributes to tumorigenesis by acting as a ceRNA against let-7a in cervical cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2017;8:43768-43781 pubmed publisher..The transcription factor N-myc forms a positive feedback loop with RSU1P2 by in turn activating its expression, thereby enhancing its oncogenic capacity. Hence, cancer-selective targeting of RSU1P2 could have strong benefits. ..
- Su J, Chen P, Johansson G, Kuo M. Function and regulation of let-7 family microRNAs. Microrna. 2012;1:34-9 pubmed..In this review, we discuss the multifaceted roles of let-7 and provide an overview of its regulation at multiple levels. ..
- Mansouri S, Pan Q, Blencowe B, Claycomb J, Frappier L. Epstein-Barr virus EBNA1 protein regulates viral latency through effects on let-7 microRNA and dicer. J Virol. 2014;88:11166-77 pubmed publisher..In addition, since decreased levels of Dicer have been associated with metastatic potential, EBNA1 may increase metastases by downregulating Dicer. ..
- Trang P, Medina P, Wiggins J, Ruffino L, Kelnar K, Omotola M, et al. Regression of murine lung tumors by the let-7 microRNA. Oncogene. 2010;29:1580-7 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the therapeutic potential of let-7 in NSCLC and point to miRNA replacement therapy as a promising approach in cancer treatment. ..
- Ma C, Nong K, Zhu H, Wang W, Huang X, Yuan Z, et al. H19 promotes pancreatic cancer metastasis by derepressing let-7's suppression on its target HMGA2-mediated EMT. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:9163-9 pubmed publisher..This study suggests an important role of H19 in regulating metastasis of PDAC and provides some clues for elucidating the lncRNA-miRNA functional network in cancer...
- Colamaio M, Cali G, Sarnataro D, Borbone E, Pallante P, Decaussin Petrucci M, et al. Let-7a down-regulation plays a role in thyroid neoplasias of follicular histotype affecting cell adhesion and migration through its ability to target the FXYD5 (Dysadherin) gene. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E2168-78 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a role of let-7a down-regulation in the development of thyroid neoplasias of the follicular histotype, likely regulating dysadherin protein expression levels. ..
- Wang Z, Lin S, Zhang J, Xu Z, Xiang Y, Yao H, et al. Loss of MYC and E-box3 binding contributes to defective MYC-mediated transcriptional suppression of human MC-let-7a-1~let-7d in glioblastoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:56266-56278 pubmed publisher..Understanding the molecular mechanisms of their regulations will provide new insight and have important implications in the therapeutics of GBM as well as other cancers. ..
- Manier S, Powers J, Sacco A, Glavey S, Huynh D, Reagan M, et al. The LIN28B/let-7 axis is a novel therapeutic pathway in multiple myeloma. Leukemia. 2017;31:853-860 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel mechanism of therapeutic targeting of MYC through the LIN28B/let-7 axis in MM that may impact other MYC-dependent cancers as well. ..
- Xu C, Sun X, Qin S, Wang H, Zheng Z, Xu S, et al. Let-7a regulates mammosphere formation capacity through Ras/NF-ÎºB and Ras/MAPK/ERK pathway in breast cancer stem cells. Cell Cycle. 2015;14:1686-97 pubmed publisher..In vivo, let-7a inhibited the growth of tumors, whereas the negative effect of let-7a was rescued after overexpressing KRas. Taken together, our findings suggested that let-7a played a tumor suppressive role in a KRas-dependent manner. ..
- Tan X, Gao Y, Nan Y, Zhang J, Di C, Wang X, et al. Cellular MicroRNA Let-7a Suppresses KSHV Replication through Targeting MAP4K4 Signaling Pathways. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0132148 pubmed publisher..Our results establish that let-7a specifically suppresses MAP4K4 expression, and further inhibits KSHV reactivation by interfering with the function of MAP4K4 on the MAPK pathway, highlighting let-7a as a potential treatment for KS. ..
- Choudhury N, Nowak J, Zuo J, Rappsilber J, Spoel S, Michlewski G. Trim25 Is an RNA-Specific Activator of Lin28a/TuT4-Mediated Uridylation. Cell Rep. 2014;9:1265-72 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that protein-modifying enzymes, only recently shown to bind RNA, can guide the function of canonical ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes in cis, thereby providing an additional level of specificity...
- Wu W, Tao S, Wang X, Lobie P, Wu Z. XIAP 3'-untranslated region serves as a competitor for HMGA2 by arresting endogenous let-7a-5p in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317719578 pubmed publisher..In general, our findings suggest that X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein 3'-untranslated region serves as a competitive endogenous RNA for HMGA2 to activate hepatocellular carcinoma progression by arresting endogenous let-7a-5p. ..
- Peng F, Li T, Wang K, Xiao G, Wang J, Zhao H, et al. H19/let-7/LIN28 reciprocal negative regulatory circuit promotes breast cancer stem cell maintenance. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2569 pubmed publisher..Consequently, disrupting this pathway provides a novel therapeutic strategy for breast cancer. ..
- Zhu Y, Xiao X, Dong L, Liu Z. Investigation and identification of let-7a related functional proteins in gastric carcinoma by proteomics. Anal Cell Pathol (Amst). 2012;35:285-95 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that these differential proteins are involved in a novel let-7a signal pathway and these findings provide the basis to investigate the functional mechanisms of let-7a in gastric carcinoma. ..
- Liu T, Huang C, Yeh K, Ke T, Wei P, Yang J, et al. Down-regulation of let-7a-5p predicts lymph node metastasis and prognosis in colorectal cancer: Implications for chemotherapy. Surg Oncol. 2016;25:429-434 pubmed publisher..We suggest that down-regulation of let-7a-5p in serums and tumour tissues of CRC patients could be used to predict lymph node metastasis and the disease prognosis. These results could be implicated for chemotherapy suggestion. ..
- Chen P, Su J, Cha S, Tarn W, Wang M, Hsu H, et al. miR-107 promotes tumor progression by targeting the let-7 microRNA in mice and humans. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:3442-55 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we have identified an oncogenic role for miR-107 and provide evidence of a transregulational interaction among miRNAs in human cancer development. ..
- Bostjancic E, Hauptman N, Groselj A, Glavac D, Volavsek M. Expression, Mutation, and Amplification Status of EGFR and Its Correlation with Five miRNAs in Salivary Gland Tumours. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:9150402 pubmed publisher..Age and need for postoperative radiotherapy were characterized as significant in multivariate survival analysis. ..
- Liu N, Zhou Q, Qi Y, Wang H, Yang L, Fan Q. Effects of long non-coding RNA H19 and microRNA let7a expression on thyroid cancer prognosis. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;103:71-77 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that increased lncRNA H19 and decreased miRNA let7a expression levels are associated with poor prognosis in TC patients. An inverse relationship between lncRNA H19 and miRNA let7a expression levels was exhibited. ..
- Bianchini L, Saada E, Gjernes E, Marty M, Haudebourg J, Birtwisle Peyrottes I, et al. Let-7 microRNA and HMGA2 levels of expression are not inversely linked in adipocytic tumors: analysis of 56 lipomas and liposarcomas with molecular cytogenetic data. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2011;50:442-55 pubmed publisher
- Jun Hao E, Gupta R, Shyh Chang N. Lin28 and let-7 in the Metabolic Physiology of Aging. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2016;27:132-141 pubmed publisher..We also highlight questions relating to Barker's Hypothesis and the potential actions of the Lin28/let-7 pathway on programming long-lasting epigenetic effects. ..
- Seyyedi S, Soleimani M, Yaghmaie M, Ajami M, Ajami M, Pourbeyranvand S, et al. Deregulation of miR-1, miR486, and let-7a in cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia: association with NPM1 and FLT3 mutation and clinical characteristics. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:4841-7 pubmed publisher..001). In conclusion, further studies should also be performed to detect functional mechanism of these miRs. ..
- Cai K, Wan Y, Sun G, Shi L, Bao X, Wang Z. Let-7a inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis by targeting EZH2 in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:2101-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that let-7a and EZH2 may be potential therapeutic targets for nasopharyngeal carcinoma. ..
- Lyu S, Yu Q, Ying G, Wang S, Wang Y, Zhang J, et al. Androgen receptor decreases CMYC and KRAS expression by upregulating let-7a expression in ER-, PR-, AR+ breast cancer. Int J Oncol. 2014;44:229-37 pubmed publisher..Androgen-induced AR activating signal upregulates let-7a that targets CMYC and KRAS and contributes to ER-, PR-, AR+ breast cancer pathogenesis. Elucidation of this pathway will help develop new therapies. ..
- Crowley E, Arena S, Lamba S, Di Nicolantonio F, Bardelli A. Targeted knock-in of the polymorphism rs61764370 does not affect KRAS expression but reduces let-7 levels. Hum Mutat. 2014;35:208-14 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the cancer-associated rs61764370 variant exerts a biological effect not through transcriptional modulation of KRAS but rather by tuning the expression of the microRNA let-7. ..
- Patterson M, Gaeta X, Loo K, Edwards M, Smale S, Cinkornpumin J, et al. let-7 miRNAs can act through notch to regulate human gliogenesis. Stem Cell Reports. 2014;3:758-73 pubmed publisher..These data link the let-7 circuit to NOTCH signaling and suggest that this interaction serves to regulate human developmental progression. ..
- Xu Q, Liu J, He C, Sun L, Gong Y, Jing J, et al. The interaction effects of pri-let-7a-1 rs10739971 with PGC and ERCC6 gene polymorphisms in gastric cancer and atrophic gastritis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89203 pubmed publisher..Large-scale studies and molecular mechanism research are needed to confirm our findings. ..
- Wu A, Wu K, Li J, Mo Y, Lin Y, Wang Y, et al. Let-7a inhibits migration, invasion and epithelial-mesenchymal transition by targeting HMGA2 in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. J Transl Med. 2015;13:105 pubmed publisher..Let-7a directly downregulates HMGA2 protein expression, which suppress NPC cell migration, invasion and EMT process. Let-7a could serve as a potential diagnostic marker and therapeutic target for NPC. ..
- Murray M, Saini H, Siegler C, Hanning J, Barker E, van Dongen S, et al. LIN28 Expression in malignant germ cell tumors downregulates let-7 and increases oncogene levels. Cancer Res. 2013;73:4872-84 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the LIN28/let-7 pathway has a critical pathobiologic role in malignant GCTs and therefore offers a promising target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Hu X, Xie Q, Chen C, Zhang W, Yu B. Let-7a Inhibits T-Cell Proliferation and IFN-? Secretion by Down-Regulating STAT3 Expression in Patients with Psoriasis. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:115-125 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that let-7a inhibits T-cell proliferation and IFN-? secretion by down-regulating STAT3 in psoriasis. ..