Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR499A
Description: microRNA 499a
Alias: MIR499, MIRN499, hsa-mir-499a
- Wang F, Sun G, Zou Y, Li Y, Hao L, Pan F. Association of microRNA-499 rs3746444 polymorphism with cancer risk: evidence from 7188 cases and 8548 controls. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45042 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis suggests a significant association between miR-499 rs3746444 polymorphism and cancer risk. Large-scale and well-designed case-control studies are necessary to validate the risk identified in the present meta-analysis. ..
- Wang L, Qian S, Zhi H, Zhang Y, Wang B, Lu Z. The association between hsa-miR-499 T>C polymorphism and cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Gene. 2012;508:9-14 pubmed publisher..TT), but not in Caucasians in all comparison models tested. Our meta-analysis suggested that polymorphism of hsa-miR-499 rs3746444 T>C was not associated with the increased susceptibility to cancers and other diseases. ..
- Xiang Y, Fan S, Cao J, Huang S, Zhang L. Association of the microRNA-499 variants with susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma in a Chinese population. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:7019-23 pubmed publisher..Further characterization of miRNA SNPs may open new avenue for the study of cancer and therapeutic interventions. ..
- Min K, Kim J, Jeon Y, Jang M, Chong S, Oh D, et al. Association of the miR-146aC>G, 149C>T, 196a2C>T, and 499A>G polymorphisms with colorectal cancer in the Korean population. Mol Carcinog. 2012;51 Suppl 1:E65-73 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the miRNA variants could affect the development of colorectal cancer in the Korean population. ..
- Zhi H, Wang L, Ma G, Ye X, Yu X, Zhu Y, et al. Polymorphisms of miRNAs genes are associated with the risk and prognosis of coronary artery disease. Clin Res Cardiol. 2012;101:289-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings strongly implicate the functional miRNAs polymorphisms of hsa-mir-196a2 and hsa-mir-499 genes may modulate the occurrence or prognosis in Chinese CAD. ..
- Wu X, Mi Y, Yang H, Hu A, Li C, Li X, et al. Association of the hsa-mir-499 (rs3746444) polymorphisms with gastric cancer risk in the Chinese population. Onkologie. 2013;36:573-6 pubmed publisher..In the logistic regression analyses, no significantly increased risk of GC was found to be associated with variant genotypes. The rs3746444 (A>G) SNP is not associated with susceptibility to GC in the Chinese population. ..
- Fan C, Chen C, Wu D. The association between common genetic variant of microRNA-499 and cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis. Mol Biol Rep. 2013;40:3389-94 pubmed publisher..077, 95 % CI = 1.008-1.151, P = 0.028, p-heterogeneity = 0.125). Our findings support the view that miR-499 rs3746444 T>C polymorphism is associated with breast cancer and the C allele can increase cancer susceptibility in Asian. ..
- Qiu M, Hu J, Ding X, Yang X, Zhang Z, Yin R, et al. Hsa-miR-499 rs3746444 polymorphism contributes to cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 12 studies. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50887 pubmed publisher..97) were the sources of heterogeneity. These meta-analysis results suggest that hsa-miR-499 polymorphism rs3746444 is associated with a significantly increased risk of cancer, especially in Asian populations. ..
- Fu J, Rushing S, Lieu D, Chan C, Kong C, Geng L, et al. Distinct roles of microRNA-1 and -499 in ventricular specification and functional maturation of human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27417 pubmed publisher..While miR-499 promotes ventricular specification of hESCs, miR-1 serves to facilitate electrophysiological maturation. ..
- Vinci S, Gelmini S, Pratesi N, Conti S, Malentacchi F, Simi L, et al. Genetic variants in miR-146a, miR-149, miR-196a2, miR-499 and their influence on relative expression in lung cancers. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2011;49:2073-80 pubmed publisher..042 and 1.77 OR). Our results seem to demonstrate that sequence variants of miR-196a2 can have an influence on its expression, while miR-146a can have a role in increasing the risk of NSCLC. ..
- Zou H, Zhao Y. Positive association between miR-499A>G and hepatocellular carcinoma risk in a Chinese population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:1769-72 pubmed..09, 95%CI= 0.02-0.29). In conclusion, the MiR-499A>G rs3746444 polymorphism is associated with HCC risk in the Chinese population, and may be useful predictive marker for CAD susceptibility. ..
- Mittal R, Gangwar R, George G, Mittal T, Kapoor R. Investigative role of pre-microRNAs in bladder cancer patients: a case-control study in North India. DNA Cell Biol. 2011;30:401-6 pubmed publisher..This could further provide new prospects for understanding the underlying mechanisms between miRNAs and disease etiology. ..
- Ma Y, Wang R, Zhang J, Li W, Gao C, Liu J, et al. Identification of miR-423 and miR-499 polymorphisms on affecting the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in a large-scale population. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2014;18:516-24 pubmed publisher..miR-423 rs6505162 had no effect on the risk of HCC. miR-499 rs3746444 may contribute to the risk and prognosis of HCC, indicating that this SNP could be developed as a biomarker for HCC prediction. ..
- Chen P, Zhang J, Zhou F. miR-499 rs3746444 polymorphism is associated with cancer development among Asians and related to breast cancer susceptibility. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:10433-8 pubmed publisher..13, 95 % CI = 1.01-1.26). In conclusion, this meta-analysis suggests that the miR-499 rs3746444 polymorphism (A>G) is a low-penetrant risk factor for cancer development among Asians and may contribute to breast cancer susceptibility. ..
- George G, Gangwar R, Mandal R, Sankhwar S, Mittal R. Genetic variation in microRNA genes and prostate cancer risk in North Indian population. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:1609-15 pubmed publisher..We genotyped SNPs hsa-mir196a2 (rs11614913), hsa-mir146a (rs2910164), and hsa-mir499 (rs3746444) in a case-control study including 159 prostate cancer patients and 230 matched controls...
- Wang Y, Yang B, Ren X. Hsa-miR-499 polymorphism (rs3746444) and cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 17 case-control studies. Gene. 2012;509:267-72 pubmed publisher..06-1.39, P(heterogeneity)<0.001) and allele contrast (G vs A, OR=1.14, 95% CI=1.04-1.25, P(heterogeneity)=0.021). These findings supported that hsa-miR-499 rs3746444 polymorphism contributes to the susceptibility of cancers. ..
- Xu J, Hu Z, Xu Z, Gu H, Yi L, Cao H, et al. Functional variant in microRNA-196a2 contributes to the susceptibility of congenital heart disease in a Chinese population. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:1231-6 pubmed publisher..001). In vitro binding assays further revealed that the rs11614913 variant affects HOXB8 binding to mature miR-196a. This is the first study to indicate that miR-196a2 rs11614913 plays a role in sporadic CHD susceptibility. ..
- Catucci I, Yang R, Verderio P, Pizzamiglio S, Heesen L, Hemminki K, et al. Evaluation of SNPs in miR-146a, miR196a2 and miR-499 as low-penetrance alleles in German and Italian familial breast cancer cases. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:E1052-7 pubmed publisher..None of the performed analyses showed statistically significant results. In conclusion, our data suggested lack of association between SNPs rs2910164, rs11614913 and rs3746444 and breast cancer risk, or age at breast cancer onset. ..
- Yang B, Chen J, Li Y, Zhang J, Li D, Huang Z, et al. Association of polymorphisms in pre-miRNA with inflammatory biomarkers in rheumatoid arthritis in the Chinese Han population. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:101-6 pubmed publisher..The findings were significant and might contribute to the clinical assessment of inflammatory activity, which in turn may influence therapeutic decision making. ..
- Kim W, Min K, Jeon Y, Kwon C, Ko K, Park P, et al. Association study of microRNA polymorphisms with hepatocellular carcinoma in Korean population. Gene. 2012;504:92-7 pubmed publisher..miR-149C>T and miR-499A>G were associated with HBV-related HCC. Further studies on larger populations will need to be conducted to confirm these results. ..
- Bell M, Buvoli M, Leinwand L. Uncoupling of expression of an intronic microRNA and its myosin host gene by exon skipping. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1937-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, concerted transcription and alternative splicing uncouple the level of expression of MYH7b and miR-499 when their coexpression is not required. ..
- Okubo M, Tahara T, Shibata T, Yamashita H, Nakamura M, Yoshioka D, et al. Association between common genetic variants in pre-microRNAs and gastric cancer risk in Japanese population. Helicobacter. 2010;15:524-31 pubmed publisher..49, p =.03). The rs2910164 (G>C) SNP in the miR-146a is associated with susceptibility to GC. In addition, the rs11614913 (C>T) SNP in the miR-196a2 is associated with the degree of H. pylori-induced mononuclear cell infiltration. ..
- Sluijter J, van Mil A, van Vliet P, Metz C, Liu J, Doevendans P, et al. MicroRNA-1 and -499 regulate differentiation and proliferation in human-derived cardiomyocyte progenitor cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:859-68 pubmed publisher..By modulating miR-1 and -499 expression levels, human CMPC function can be altered and differentiation directed, thereby enhancing cardiomyogenic differentiation. ..
- Umar M, Upadhyay R, Prakash G, Kumar S, Ghoshal U, Mittal B. Evaluation of common genetic variants in pre-microRNA in susceptibility and prognosis of esophageal cancer. Mol Carcinog. 2013;52 Suppl 1:E10-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the four studied common pre-miRNA polymorphisms cumulatively affect susceptibility and survival of ESCC patients in north Indian population. © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Akkiz H, Bayram S, Bekar A, Akgöllü E, Uskudar O. Genetic variation in the microRNA-499 gene and hepatocellular carcinoma risk in a Turkish population: lack of any association in a case-control study. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12:3107-12 pubmed..Independent studies are need to validate our findings in a larger series, as well as in patients of different ethnic origins. ..
- Liu Z, Li G, Wei S, Niu J, El Naggar A, Sturgis E, et al. Genetic variants in selected pre-microRNA genes and the risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Cancer. 2010;116:4753-60 pubmed publisher..The combined risk genotypes of 4 common SNPs in pre-miRNAs were associated significantly with a moderately increased risk of SCCHN. Larger studies are needed to validate the current findings. ..
- Buurman R, Gürlevik E, Schäffer V, Eilers M, Sandbothe M, Kreipe H, et al. Histone deacetylases activate hepatocyte growth factor signaling by repressing microRNA-449 in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Gastroenterology. 2012;143:811-820.e15 pubmed publisher..miR-449 binds c-MET mRNA to reduce its levels, promoting apoptosis and reducing proliferation of liver cells. Expression of miR-449 slows growth of HCC xenograft tumors in mice; this miR might function as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Zhang J, Yang B, Ying B, Li D, Shi Y, Song X, et al. Association of pre-microRNAs genetic variants with susceptibility in systemic lupus erythematosus. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:1463-8 pubmed publisher..702), respectively. In addition, we also showed no significant difference in the distribution of rs2910164 and rs3746444 genotypes in each of the three antibodies (anti-RNP, anti-Sm, and anti-dsDNA). ..
- Corsten M, Dennert R, Jochems S, Kuznetsova T, Devaux Y, Hofstra L, et al. Circulating MicroRNA-208b and MicroRNA-499 reflect myocardial damage in cardiovascular disease. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2010;3:499-506 pubmed publisher..Cardiac damage initiates the detectable release of cardiomyocyte-specific microRNAs-208b and -499 into the circulation. ..
- Jeon Y, Kim O, Kim S, Oh S, Oh D, Kim O, et al. Association of the miR-146a, miR-149, miR-196a2, and miR-499 polymorphisms with ischemic stroke and silent brain infarction risk. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:420-30 pubmed publisher..The combined effects between microRNA polymorphisms and homocysteine/folate levels may contribute to stroke and SBI prevalence. ..
- Hosoda T, Zheng H, Cabral da Silva M, Sanada F, Ide Iwata N, Ogorek B, et al. Human cardiac stem cell differentiation is regulated by a mircrine mechanism. Circulation. 2011;123:1287-96 pubmed publisher..The recognition that miR-499 promotes the differentiation of hCSCs into mechanically integrated cardiomyocytes has important clinical implications for the treatment of human heart failure. ..
- Hu X, Li L, Shang M, Zhou J, Song X, Lu X, et al. Association between microRNA genetic variants and susceptibility to colorectal cancer in Chinese population. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:2151-6 pubmed publisher..553; 95% CI?=?0.315-0.971; p?=?0.038). MiR-146a (rs2910164 G > C) polymorphism is associated with CRC susceptibility and histological differentiation in Chinese Han population. ..
- Li M, Zhang Q, Wu L, Jia C, Shi F, Li S, et al. Serum miR-499 as a novel diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in non-small cell lung cancer. Oncol Rep. 2014;31:1961-7 pubmed publisher..0; P<0.0001). In addition, low serum levels of miR-499 indicated a poor disease-free survival in stage I-II NSCLC patients. Serum miR-499 may prove to be a promising biomarker for early detection and prognosis prediction of NSCLC. ..
- Dai Z, Kang H, Zhang W, Li H, Zhang S, Ma X, et al. The Associations of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in miR196a2, miR-499, and miR-608 With Breast Cancer Susceptibility: A STROBE-Compliant Observational Study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016;95:e2826 pubmed publisher..45, 95% CIâ€Š=â€Š1.10-1.91), and miR-608 (rs4919510) was not significantly associated with BC risk. Our study suggested that the polymorphisms of rs11614913 and rs3746444 may be associated with BC risk in Chinese individuals. ..
- Wang Y, Feng J, Zang W, Du Y, Chen X, Sun Q, et al. MiR-499 Enhances the Cisplatin Sensitivity of Esophageal Carcinoma Cell Lines by Targeting DNA Polymerase Î². Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;36:1587-96 pubmed..Our study paves the way for more insightful understanding and application of chemotherapy in esophageal cancer in the future. ..
- Kochegarov A, Moses A, Lian W, Meyer J, Hanna M, Lemanski L. A new unique form of microRNA from human heart, microRNA-499c, promotes myofibril formation and rescues cardiac development in mutant axolotl embryos. J Biomed Sci. 2013;20:20 pubmed publisher..In our previous studies, we identified a noncoding Myofibril-Inducing RNA (MIR) from axolotls which promotes myofibril formation and rescues heart development...
- Zhang X, Gee H, Rose B, Lee C, Clark J, Elliott M, et al. Regulation of the tumour suppressor PDCD4 by miR-499 and miR-21 in oropharyngeal cancers. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:86 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the complex interplay between miRNAs and tumour suppressor gene regulation and suggest that PDCD4 loss may be an important step in tonsillar carcinogenesis. ..
- Ling T, Wang X, Chai Q, Lau T, Koestler C, Park S, et al. Regulation of the SK3 channel by microRNA-499--potential role in atrial fibrillation. Heart Rhythm. 2013;10:1001-9 pubmed publisher..Atrial miR-499 is significantly upregulated in AF, leading to SK3 downregulation and possibly contributing to the electrical remodeling in AF. ..
- Misra M, Pandey S, Kapoor R, Sharma R, Agrawal S. Genetic variants of MicroRNA-related genes in susceptibility and prognosis of end-stage renal disease and renal allograft outcome among north Indians. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2014;24:442-50 pubmed publisher..the impact of MIR146A C>G (rs2910164), MIR149 T>C (rs2292832), MIR196A2 T>C (rs11614913), and MIR499A A>G (rs3746444) single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) among end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and acute ..
- Oner T, Arslan C, Yenmiş G, Arapi B, Tel C, Aydemir B, et al. Association of NFKB1A and microRNAs variations and the susceptibility to atherosclerosis. J Genet. 2017;96:251-259 pubmed..These findings indicate that genetic polymorphisms of NFKB1A rs696, pre-miR-146a rs2910164 and pre-miR-499 rs3746444 may represent novel markers of AT susceptibility. ..
- Deng S, Wang W, Li X, Zhang P. Common genetic polymorphisms in pre-microRNAs and risk of bladder cancer. World J Surg Oncol. 2015;13:297 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested hsa-mir-196a2 rs11614913 C/T is associated with a significantly decreased risk of bladder cancer and hsa-mir-146a rs2910164 GG genotype is associated with clinical stage and metastasis in bladder cancer. ..
- Yu H, Wang Y, Wang S, Sun N. Association between miR-499 rs3746444 and the susceptibility of hepatocellular carcinoma. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2016;62:42-5 pubmed..31, 95% CI = 1.09-1.58; P = 0.004). This study suggested that miR-499 rs3746444 might play an important role in the development of HCC. ..
- Liu X, Fan Z, Zhao T, Cao W, Zhang L, Li H, et al. Plasma miR-1, miR-208, miR-499 as potential predictive biomarkers for acute myocardial infarction: An independent study of Han population. Exp Gerontol. 2015;72:230-8 pubmed publisher..In summary, we confirmed the predictive values of plasma miR-1, miR-208 and miR-499 in AMI. In contrast to miR-1, the cardiac-specific miR-208 and miR-499 were supposed to be more reliable as biomarkers in AMI screening and prediction. ..
- Shieh J, Huang Y, Gilmore J, Srivastava D. Elevated miR-499 levels blunt the cardiac stress response. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19481 pubmed publisher..Elevated miR-499 levels affect cardiac gene expression and predispose to cardiac stress-induced dysfunction. miR-499 may titrate the cardiac response to stress in part by regulating the immediate early gene response. ..
- Hashemi M, Eskandari Nasab E, Zakeri Z, Atabaki M, Bahari G, Jahantigh M, et al. Association of pre-miRNA-146a rs2910164 and pre?miRNA-499 rs3746444 polymorphisms and susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis. Mol Med Rep. 2013;7:287-91 pubmed publisher..Larger studies with different ethnicities are required to validate our findings. ..
- Shi H, Yang X, Zhen Y, Huo S, Xiao R, Xu Z. MicroRNA?499 rs3746444 A/G polymorphism functions as a biomarker to predict recurrence following endoscopic submucosal dissection in primary early gastric cancer. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:3245-3251 pubmed publisher..The results showed that PDGFRB was validated as a target of miR?499a, and rs3746444 was identified as a potential biomarker to predict the recurrence of EGC following ESD. ..
- Zhang Z, Wang J, Gao R, Yang X, Zhang Y, Li J, et al. Downregulation of MicroRNA-449 Promotes Migration and Invasion of Breast Cancer Cells by Targeting Tumor Protein D52 (TPD52). Oncol Res. 2017;25:753-761 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that downregulation of miR-449 may promote the migration and invasion of breast cancer cells by targeting TPD52. miR-449 may serve as a potential target in the therapy of breast cancer. ..
- Oner T, Yenmiş G, Tombulturk K, Cam C, Kucuk O, Yakicier M, et al. Association of Pre-miRNA-499 rs3746444 and Pre-miRNA-146a rs2910164 Polymorphisms and Susceptibility to Behcet's Disease. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2015;19:424-30 pubmed publisher..In addition, TT and ins/ins genotypes may influence certain proinflammatory cytokines and, may thus, play a role in the pathogenesis of BD. ..
- Qiu G, Liu J. MicroRNA Gene Polymorphisms in Evaluating Therapeutic Efficacy After Transcatheter Arterial Chemoembolization for Primary Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2016;20:579-586 pubmed..05). MiR-196a2 rs11614913 and miR-499a rs3746444 were significantly associated with a curative effect and a positive prognosis of TACE for primary HCC. ..
- Zhu J, Yue H, Qiao C, Li Y. Association Between Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) in miR-146a, miR-196a2, and miR-499 and Risk of Ischemic Stroke: A Meta-Analysis. Med Sci Monit. 2015;21:3658-63 pubmed..48, 95% CI=0.23-0.98, p=0.04) only in Chinese, but not in Koreans. CONCLUSIONS Although the 3 SNPs might be associated with IS, the association varied significantly in different countries. ..
- Li M, Zhang S, Wu N, Wu L, Wang C, Lin Y. Overexpression of miR-499-5p inhibits non-small cell lung cancer proliferation and metastasis by targeting VAV3. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23100 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-499-5p functions as a tumor suppressor by targeting VAV3. This finding may provide a therapeutic approach for future treatment of NSCLC. ..
- Cheng C, Wang Q, You W, Chen M, Xia J. MiRNAs as biomarkers of myocardial infarction: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e88566 pubmed publisher..0000). The correlation between miRNAs and other diagnostic biomarkers of myocardial infarction was obvious. MiRNAs, especially miR-499 and miR-133a, may be suitable for use as diagnostic biomarkers of myocardial infarction. ..
- Song G, Bae S, Seo Y, Kim J, Choi S, Ji J, et al. The association between susceptibility to inflammatory arthritis and miR-146a, miR-499 and IRAK1 polymorphisms. A meta-analysis. Z Rheumatol. 2015;74:637-45 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis suggests that the miR-499 rs374644 and IRAKI rs3027898 polymorphisms are associated with susceptibility to inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Zhang H, Zhang Y, Yan W, Wang W, Zhao X, Ma X, et al. Association between three functional microRNA polymorphisms (miR-499 rs3746444, miR-196a rs11614913 and miR-146a rs2910164) and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Oncotarget. 2017;8:393-407 pubmed publisher..The rs2910164 polymorphism has no association with breast cancer risk. More multicenter studies with larger sample sizes are required to verify our results. ..
- Shalaby S, El Shal A, Shoukry A, Khedr M, Abdelraheim N. Serum miRNA-499 and miRNA-210: A potential role in early diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome. IUBMB Life. 2016;68:673-82 pubmed publisher..Both miRNAs might be potentially novel biomarkers for accelerating the diagnosis of ACS patients in emergency unit. © 2016 IUBMB Life, 68(8):673-682, 2016. ..
- Fu L, Jin L, Yan L, Shi J, Wang H, Zhou B, et al. Comprehensive review of genetic association studies and meta-analysis on miRNA polymorphisms and rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus susceptibility. Hum Immunol. 2016;77:1-6 pubmed publisher..Further studies with large sample size are needed to confirm these associations. ..
- Wang M, Ye Y, Qian H, Song Z, Jia X, Zhang Z, et al. Common genetic variants in pre-microRNAs are associated with risk of coal workers' pneumoconiosis. J Hum Genet. 2010;55:13-7 pubmed publisher..50, 95% CI=1.05-2.14 for stage II, and OR=3.33, 95% CI=1.67-6.65 for stage III). These results suggest that miR-149 rs2292832 polymorphism is involved in susceptibility to developing CWP. ..
- Chu Y, Hsieh M, Chiou H, Liou Y, Yang C, Yang S, et al. MicroRNA gene polymorphisms and environmental factors increase patient susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89930 pubmed publisher..Gene-environment interactions of miRNA499 polymorphisms, smoking, and alcohol consumption might alter hepatocellular carcinoma susceptibility. ..
- Omrani M, Hashemi M, Eskandari Nasab E, Hasani S, Mashhadi M, Arbabi F, et al. hsa-mir-499 rs3746444 gene polymorphism is associated with susceptibility to breast cancer in an Iranian population. Biomark Med. 2014;8:259-67 pubmed publisher..05). Our findings demonstrated that the hsa-mir-499 rs3746444 polymorphism is associated with higher risk of developing breast cancer in our population. ..
- Cai M, Zhang Y, Ma Y, Li W, Min P, Qiu J, et al. Association between microRNA-499 polymorphism and gastric cancer risk in Chinese population. Bull Cancer. 2015;102:973-8 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, rs3746444 was associated with the tumor size of GC patients. The present study indicated that miR-499 rs3746444 might contribute to GC risk and this SNP could be developed as a biomarker for GC prediction. ..
- Zhang L, Hao B, Zhang C, Dai X, Zhang F. Contributions of polymorphisms in miR146a, miR196a, and miR499 to the development of hepatocellular carcinoma. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..Our study revealed that the GG and CG genotypes of miR-146a increased the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in the Chinese population. ..
- Ranjha R, Meena N, Singh A, Ahuja V, Paul J. Association of miR-196a-2 and miR-499 variants with ulcerative colitis and their correlation with expression of respective miRNAs. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0173447 pubmed publisher..We found the genotype that showed association with UC also altered the expression of respective miRNA in the patient harboring the genotype. There was correlation between associated genotype and altered miRNA expression. ..
- Liu T, Hou L, Zhao Y, Huang Y. Epigenetic silencing of HDAC1 by miR-449a upregulates Runx2 and promotes osteoblast differentiation. Int J Mol Med. 2015;35:238-46 pubmed publisher..Silencing of endogenous HDAC1 expression by exogenous miR-449a therefore maintains histone acetylation status, stimulates Runx2 gene expression and rapidly promotes osteoblast differentiation. ..
- Wang X, Wang F, Tang Y, Zou H, Zhao Y. Association of miR-149C>T and miR-499A>G polymorphisms with the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in the Chinese population. Genet Mol Res. 2014;13:5048-54 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the miRNA-149C>T and miR-499A>G polymorphisms were found to play an important role for HCC risk in China. This finding could be useful in identifying people at high risk for the disease for early intervention. ..
- Wang W, Qin H, Zhou L, Ma J. Meta-analysis of the relationship between microRNA-499 rs3746444 polymorphism and hepatocellular carcinoma risk in Asians. J Cancer Res Ther. 2016;12:676-80 pubmed publisher..99, 95% CI = 0.56-1.76). This meta-analysis suggests that the microRNA-499 rs3746444 polymorphism is not contributed to the risk of HCC in Asians. However, more studies should be performed in the future to confirm this association. ..