Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR499A
Description: microRNA 499a
Alias: MIR499, MIRN499, hsa-mir-499a
- The association between hsa-miR-499 T>C polymorphism and cancer risk: a meta-analysisLina Wang
Key Laboratory of Environmental Medicine Engineering, Ministry of Education, School of Public Health, Southeast University, Nanjing, China
Gene 508:9-14. 2012..31 for TC/CC vs. TT), but not in Caucasians in all comparison models tested. Our meta-analysis suggested that polymorphism of hsa-miR-499 rs3746444 T>C was not associated with the increased susceptibility to cancers and other diseases...
- Association of polymorphisms in pre-miRNA with inflammatory biomarkers in rheumatoid arthritis in the Chinese Han populationBin Yang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Hum Immunol 73:101-6. 2012..The findings were significant and might contribute to the clinical assessment of inflammatory activity, which in turn may influence therapeutic decision making...
- Distinct roles of microRNA-1 and -499 in ventricular specification and functional maturation of human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytesJi Dong Fu
University of California School of Medicine, Davis, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e27417. 2011..Despite the significant knowledge gained in mouse studies, their functional roles in human (h) heart remain elusive...
- Association of the miR-146aC>G, 149C>T, 196a2C>T, and 499A>G polymorphisms with colorectal cancer in the Korean populationKyung Tae Min
Institute for Clinical Research, School of Medicine, CHA University, Seongnam, South Korea
Mol Carcinog 51:E65-73. 2012..Our data suggest that the miRNA variants could affect the development of colorectal cancer in the Korean population...
- Association of the microRNA-499 variants with susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma in a Chinese populationYu Xiang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Yuzhong District, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:7019-23. 2012..Further characterization of miRNA SNPs may open new avenue for the study of cancer and therapeutic interventions...
- Genetic variation in the microRNA-499 gene and hepatocellular carcinoma risk in a Turkish population: lack of any association in a case-control studyHikmet Akkiz
Cukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Adana, Turkey
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:3107-12. 2011..Independent studies are need to validate our findings in a larger series, as well as in patients of different ethnic origins...
- Association study of microRNA polymorphisms with hepatocellular carcinoma in Korean populationWon Hee Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, CHA Bundang Medical Center, CHA University, Seongnam, South Korea
Gene 504:92-7. 2012..Recent studies have suggested that common genetic polymorphisms alter the processing of microRNA (miRNA) and may be associated with the development and progression of cancer...
- Histone deacetylases activate hepatocyte growth factor signaling by repressing microRNA-449 in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsReena Buurman
Institute of Cell and Molecular Pathology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Gastroenterology 143:811-20.e1-15. 2012..We searched for microRNAs (miRs) that are affected by histone deacetylation and investigated the effects in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells...
- Evaluation of common genetic variants in pre-microRNA in susceptibility and prognosis of esophageal cancerMeenakshi Umar
Department of Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
Mol Carcinog 52:E10-8. 2013..In conclusion, the four studied common pre-miRNA polymorphisms cumulatively affect susceptibility and survival of ESCC patients in north Indian population. © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Evaluation of SNPs in miR-146a, miR196a2 and miR-499 as low-penetrance alleles in German and Italian familial breast cancer casesIrene Catucci
IFOM, Fondazione Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare, Milan, Italy
Hum Mutat 31:E1052-7. 2010..None of the performed analyses showed statistically significant results. In conclusion, our data suggested lack of association between SNPs rs2910164, rs11614913 and rs3746444 and breast cancer risk, or age at breast cancer onset...
- Hsa-miR-499 polymorphism (rs3746444) and cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 17 case-control studiesYang Wang
Department of Oncology, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300060, China
Gene 509:267-72. 2012..Recently, many studies investigated the association between hsa-miR-499 rs3746444 polymorphism and cancer risk, which showed inconclusive results...
- Association of microRNA-499 rs3746444 polymorphism with cancer risk: evidence from 7188 cases and 8548 controlsFang Wang
Department of Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui, China
PLoS ONE 7:e45042. 2012..Owing to inconsistent and inconclusive results, we performed a meta-analysis to derive a more precise estimation of the association between miR-499 rs3746444 polymorphism and cancer risk...
- miR-499 rs3746444 polymorphism is associated with cancer development among Asians and related to breast cancer susceptibilityPing Chen
Department of Medical Oncology, Fourth Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, First People s Hospital of Yancheng, Yancheng, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:10433-8. 2012..13, 95 % CI = 1.01-1.26). In conclusion, this meta-analysis suggests that the miR-499 rs3746444 polymorphism (A>G) is a low-penetrant risk factor for cancer development among Asians and may contribute to breast cancer susceptibility...
- Association of the miR-146a, miR-149, miR-196a2, and miR-499 polymorphisms with ischemic stroke and silent brain infarction riskYoung Joo Jeon
Institute for Clinical Research, CHA Bundang Medical Center, CHA University School of Medicine, Seongnam, Republic of Korea
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:420-30. 2013..However, the effect of miR-146a, miR-149, miR-196a2, and miR-499 polymorphisms on stroke and silent brain infarction (SBI) susceptibility has not been reported...
- Hsa-miR-499 rs3746444 polymorphism contributes to cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 12 studiesMan Tang Qiu
The Fourth Clinical College of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e50887. 2012..Since 2007, many studies have investigated the association between common SNPs located on hsa-miR-499 (rs3746444) and cancer risks; however, the results were inconclusive...
- Genetic polymorphisms in pre-microRNAs and risk of ischemic stroke in a Chinese populationYun Liu
Department of Forensic Medicine, North Shichuan Medical College, Nanchong, 637000, People s Republic of China
J Mol Neurosci 52:473-80. 2014....
- Serum miR-499 as a novel diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in non-small cell lung cancerMing Li
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Shanghai 10th People s Hospital, Tongji University, Shanghai 200072, P R China
Oncol Rep 31:1961-7. 2014..33-2.0; P<0.0001). In addition, low serum levels of miR-499 indicated a poor disease-free survival in stage I-II NSCLC patients. Serum miR-499 may prove to be a promising biomarker for early detection and prognosis prediction of NSCLC...
- MicroRNA-1 and -499 regulate differentiation and proliferation in human-derived cardiomyocyte progenitor cellsJoost P G Sluijter
University Medical Center Utrecht, Department of Cardiology, Division of Heart and Lungs, Heidelberglaan 100, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:859-68. 2010..We hypothesize that miRNAs are also involved in proliferation/differentiation of the human CMPCs in vitro...
- Uncoupling of expression of an intronic microRNA and its myosin host gene by exon skippingMatthew L Bell
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:1937-45. 2010..Thus, concerted transcription and alternative splicing uncouple the level of expression of MYH7b and miR-499 when their coexpression is not required...
- Human cardiac stem cell differentiation is regulated by a mircrine mechanismToru Hosoda
Departments of Anesthesia and Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 123:1287-96. 2011..However, the interaction of CSCs with postmitotic myocytes results in the formation of cells with adult characteristics...
- Investigative role of pre-microRNAs in bladder cancer patients: a case-control study in North IndiaRama Devi Mittal
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareli Road, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
DNA Cell Biol 30:401-6. 2011..This could further provide new prospects for understanding the underlying mechanisms between miRNAs and disease etiology...
- Functional variant in microRNA-196a2 contributes to the susceptibility of congenital heart disease in a Chinese populationJing Xu
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Hum Mutat 30:1231-6. 2009..001). In vitro binding assays further revealed that the rs11614913 variant affects HOXB8 binding to mature miR-196a. This is the first study to indicate that miR-196a2 rs11614913 plays a role in sporadic CHD susceptibility...
- Association between common genetic variants in pre-microRNAs and gastric cancer risk in Japanese populationMasaaki Okubo
Department of Gastroenterology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Japan
Helicobacter 15:524-31. 2010....
- Circulating MicroRNA-208b and MicroRNA-499 reflect myocardial damage in cardiovascular diseaseMaarten F Corsten
Center for Heart Failure Research, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Universiteitssingel 50, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 3:499-506. 2010..Small RNA molecules, called microRNAs, freely circulate in human plasma and correlate with varying pathologies. In this study, we explored their diagnostic potential in a selection of prevalent cardiovascular disorders...
- Association of pre-microRNAs genetic variants with susceptibility in systemic lupus erythematosusJunlong Zhang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, 610041 Sichuan, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 38:1463-8. 2011..702), respectively. In addition, we also showed no significant difference in the distribution of rs2910164 and rs3746444 genotypes in each of the three antibodies (anti-RNP, anti-Sm, and anti-dsDNA)...
- Genetic variants in selected pre-microRNA genes and the risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckZhensheng Liu
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 116:4753-60. 2010..The authors hypothesized that common polymorphisms in pre-miRNAs are associated individually and (more likely) collectively with the risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- Genetic variation in microRNA genes and prostate cancer risk in North Indian populationGinu P George
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareli Road, Lucknow, 226014 Uttar Pradesh, India
Mol Biol Rep 38:1609-15. 2011..We genotyped SNPs hsa-mir196a2 (rs11614913), hsa-mir146a (rs2910164), and hsa-mir499 (rs3746444) in a case-control study including 159 prostate cancer patients and 230 matched controls...
- Dynamic microRNA expression programs during cardiac differentiation of human embryonic stem cells: role for miR-499Kitchener D Wilson
Department of Bioengineering, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 3:426-35. 2010..Human embryonic stem cells are known to express miRNAs that are often undetectable in adult organs, and a growing body of evidence has implicated miRNAs as important arbiters of heart development and disease...
- Genetic variants of MicroRNA-related genes in susceptibility and prognosis of end-stage renal disease and renal allograft outcome among north IndiansManeesh K Misra
Departments of aMedical Genetics bUrology and Renal Transplantation cNephrology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences SGPGIMS, Lucknow dDepartment of Anatomy, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
Pharmacogenet Genomics 24:442-50. 2014..the impact of MIR146A C>G (rs2910164), MIR149 T>C (rs2292832), MIR196A2 T>C (rs11614913), and MIR499A A>G (rs3746444) single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) among end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and acute ..
- Up-regulated microRNA499a by hepatitis B virus induced hepatocellular carcinogenesis via targeting MAPK6Zheng Xiang
Chongqing Key Laboratory of Department of General Surgery, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
PLoS ONE 9:e111410. 2014Emerging evidence showed miR499a could not only function as an oncogene but also as a tumor suppressor in various types of cancer, such as melanoma. However, whether miR499a was involved in hepatocarcinogenesis remains unknown...
- The association between susceptibility to inflammatory arthritis and miR-146a, miR-499 and IRAK1 polymorphisms. A meta-analysisG G Song
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University Anam Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, 126 1, Anam Dong 5 Ga, Seongbuk gu, 136 705, Seoul, Korea
Z Rheumatol 74:637-45. 2015..The aim of this study was to explore whether polymorphisms in miR-146a, miR-499 and IRAK1 are associated with susceptibility to inflammatory arthritis...
- High-resolution melting analysis reveals genetic polymorphisms in microRNAs confer hepatocellular carcinoma risk in Chinese patientsJia Hui Qi
Center for Gene Diagnosis, Medical Research Center, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, 169 Donghu Road, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, China
BMC Cancer 14:643. 2014..Although several single-nucleotide polymorphisms in microRNA (miRNA) genes have been associated with primary hepatocellular carcinoma, published findings regarding this relationship are inconsistent and inconclusive...
- Association of miR-149C>T and miR-499A>G polymorphisms with the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in the Chinese populationX H Wang
General Surgery Department, Huashan Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Genet Mol Res 13:5048-54. 2014..In conclusion, the miRNA-149C>T and miR-499A>G polymorphisms were found to play an important role for HCC risk in China. This finding could be useful in identifying people at high risk for the disease for early intervention. ..
- Comprehensive assessment of the association between miRNA polymorphisms and gastric cancer riskQian Xu
Tumor Etiology and Screening Department of Cancer Institute and General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, and Key Laboratory of Cancer Etiology and Prevention China Medical University, Liaoning Provincial Education Department, Shenyang 110001, China
Mutat Res Rev Mutat Res 763:148-60. 2015..No association was found between miR-499 rs3746444 and gastric cancer risk. In summary, miR-27a rs895819 and miR-149 rs2292832 are of potential forewarning ability for gastric cancer risk. ..
- Identification of miR-423 and miR-499 polymorphisms on affecting the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in a large-scale populationYanyun Ma
1 Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Contemporary Anthropology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 18:516-24. 2014..So far, the association of miR-423 rs6505162 with cancers has not been explored, while the association of miR-499 rs3746444 was only reported in small-sized samples of different types of populations...
- Noncoding RNA-related polymorphisms in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia susceptibilityÁngela Gutiérrez-Camino
Department of Genetics, Physical Anthropology and Animal Physiology, University of the Basque Country UPV EHU, Leioa, Spain
Pediatr Res 75:767-73. 2014..Therefore, the aim of this study was to evaluate whether polymorphisms in pre-miRNAs, and/or miRNA-processing genes, contribute to a predisposition for childhood ALL...
- MicroRNA gene polymorphisms and environmental factors increase patient susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinomaYin Hung Chu
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 9:e89930. 2014..We adopted a case-control research design to verify the relationship between miRNAs and hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Meta-analysis of the relationship between microRNA-499 rs3746444 polymorphism and hepatocellular carcinoma risk in AsiansWeiyu Wang
Department of Radiology, Anhui Provincial Hospital Affiliated to Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
J Cancer Res Ther 12:676-80. 2016..Numerous studies have reported the role of microRNA-499 rs3746444 polymorphism with hepatocellular carcinoma. (HCC) risk in Asians, but the specific association is still controversial...
- Meta-analysis of Hsa-mir-499 polymorphism (rs3746444) for cancer risk: evidence from 31 case-control studiesChen Chen
Department of Internal Medicine and the Institute of Hypertension, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 1095 Jiefang Ave, Wuhan, 430030, People s Republic of China
BMC Med Genet 15:126. 2014..Recent studies investigating the association between hsa-mir-499 polymorphism (rs3746444) and cancer risk have yielded conflicting results...
- Association of the genetic polymorphisms in pre-microRNAs with risk of ischemic stroke in a Chinese populationSuli Huang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Shenzhen Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Shenzhen, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0117007. 2015....
- The Associations of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in miR196a2, miR-499, and miR-608 With Breast Cancer Susceptibility: A STROBE-Compliant Observational StudyZhi Ming Dai
From the Department of Anesthesiology, Department of Hematology Z MD, Second Affiliated Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an Department of Oncology H FK, S QZ, X BM, SL, MW, Y JF, KL, X HL, PX, Z JD, Second Affiliated Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an Department of Hematology W GZ, Second Affiliated Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology H BL, Xi an Jiaotong University School of Basic Medical Sciences, Xi an Jiaotong University Cardiovascular Research Center, Xi an Jiaotong University Health Science Center, Xi an, China
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e2826. 2016..45, 95% CI = 1.10-1.91), and miR-608 (rs4919510) was not significantly associated with BC risk. Our study suggested that the polymorphisms of rs11614913 and rs3746444 may be associated with BC risk in Chinese individuals...
- Association between microRNA-499 polymorphism and gastric cancer risk in Chinese populationMin Cai
Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai Yangpu District Central Hospital, Department of Digestive Diseases, China
Bull Cancer 102:973-8. 2015..Meanwhile, rs3746444 was associated with the tumor size of GC patients. The present study indicated that miR-499 rs3746444 might contribute to GC risk and this SNP could be developed as a biomarker for GC prediction. ..
- Association between ankylosing spondylitis and the miR-146a and miR-499 polymorphismsHui ying Xu
Key Laboratory of Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou, 325000, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0122055. 2015..Further studies are needed to validate our findings in a larger series, as well as in other ethnic backgrounds. ..
- Regulation of the tumour suppressor PDCD4 by miR-499 and miR-21 in oropharyngeal cancersXiaoying Zhang
The Sydney Head and Neck Cancer Institute, Chris O Brien Lifehouse, Sydney, Australia
BMC Cancer 16:86. 2016..However the exact regulation of PDCD4 by multiple miRNAs in oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is not well understood...
- MiR-135b-5p and MiR-499a-3p Promote Cell Proliferation and Migration in Atherosclerosis by Directly Targeting MEF2CZhiliang Xu
Key Laboratory of Experimental Teratology, Ministry of Education Institute of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Shandong University Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
Sci Rep 5:12276. 2015....
- Expression of circulating microRNAs in patients with ST segment elevation acute myocardial infarctionQ Ji
Department of Cardiology, Nanjing First Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Minerva Cardioangiol 63:397-402. 2015..The aim of this study was to investigate microRNA expression in ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) and non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI), and compare their diagnostic values...
- Common genetic polymorphisms in pre-microRNAs and risk of bladder cancerShi Deng
Department of Urology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, 37 Guoxuexiang Street, Chengdu, 610041, PR China
World J Surg Oncol 13:297. 2015..One hundred fifty-nine patients affected by bladder cancer and 298 unrelated healthy subjects were enrolled in the study...
- Plasma miR-1, miR-208, miR-499 as potential predictive biomarkers for acute myocardial infarction: An independent study of Han populationXian Liu
Department of Cardiology, The Fourth Clinical Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150001, Heilongjiang Province, China
Exp Gerontol 72:230-8. 2015..This study aims to investigate potential predictive value of the three miRNAs in AMI...
- Association Between Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) in miR-146a, miR-196a2, and miR-499 and Risk of Ischemic Stroke: A Meta-AnalysisJie Zhu
Department of Neurosurgery, Jinan Central Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, Chile
Med Sci Monit 21:3658-63. 2015..48, 95% CI=0.23-0.98, p=0.04) only in Chinese, but not in Koreans. CONCLUSIONS Although the 3 SNPs might be associated with IS, the association varied significantly in different countries. ..
- miR-499A>G rs3746444 and miR-146aG>C expression and hepatocellular carcinoma risk in the Chinese populationY F Shan
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou, China
Genet Mol Res 12:5365-71. 2013..Further investigations are warranted to clarify the relationship between miRNA polymorphisms and susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma risk in various ethnic populations. ..
- The favorable IFNL3 genotype escapes mRNA decay mediated by AU-rich elements and hepatitis C virus-induced microRNAsAdelle P McFarland
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Immunol 15:72-9. 2014..Our data reveal a previously unknown mechanism by which HCV attenuates the antiviral response and indicate new potential therapeutic targets for HCV treatment. ..
- Association between microRNA genetic variants and susceptibility to colorectal cancer in Chinese populationXuejiao Hu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, 610041, Sichuan Province, People s Republic of China
Tumour Biol 35:2151-6. 2014..553; 95% CI = 0.315-0.971; p = 0.038). MiR-146a (rs2910164 G > C) polymorphism is associated with CRC susceptibility and histological differentiation in Chinese Han population...
- An A/G polymorphism rs3746444 in miR-499 is associated with increased cancer risk: a meta-analysisN Wang
Department of Molecular Biology, The Fourth Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei, China
Genet Mol Res 12:3955-64. 2013..19; 95%CI = 1.00-1.41; recessive model: OR = 1.31; 95%CI = 1.03-1.66), but not in European populations. These findings indicate that the miR-499 rs3746444 polymorphism is associated with an increased cancer risk. ..
- Association of pre-miRNA-146a rs2910164 and pre‑miRNA-499 rs3746444 polymorphisms and susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritisMohammad Hashemi
Cellular and Molecular Research Center, Zahedan University of Medical Sciences, Zahedan, Iran
Mol Med Rep 7:287-91. 2013..TC: odds ratio (OR), 2.11; 95% confidence interval (CI), 1.08-4.11; p=0.029; TT vs. CC: OR, 3.88; 95% CI, 1.68-8.98; p=0.002], dominant (TT vs...
- Association of the hsa-mir-499 (rs3746444) polymorphisms with gastric cancer risk in the Chinese populationXiao jin Wu
Department of Radiation Oncology, The First People s Hospital of Xuzhou, China
Onkologie 36:573-6. 2013..We evaluated the associations of rs3746444 in pre-miRNA hsa-mir-499 with the risk of gastric cancer (GC) in the Chinese population...
- Association of mir-499 and mir-149 polymorphisms with cancer risk in the Chinese population: evidence from published studiesYou Gai Zhang
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 14:2337-42. 2013..The results showed that rs3746444 polymorphism was associated with increased cancer risk (dominant model: GG/AG vs. AA: OR = 1.43, 95% CI: 1.14-1.80; recessive model: GG vs...
- A new unique form of microRNA from human heart, microRNA-499c, promotes myofibril formation and rescues cardiac development in mutant axolotl embryosAndrei Kochegarov
Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, Texas A and M University Commerce, Commerce, TX 75429 3011, USA
J Biomed Sci 20:20. 2013..In our previous studies, we identified a noncoding Myofibril-Inducing RNA (MIR) from axolotls which promotes myofibril formation and rescues heart development...
- The association between common genetic variant of microRNA-499 and cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysisChengjuan Fan
Department of General Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, 246 Xuefu Road, Harbin 150086, China
Mol Biol Rep 40:3389-94. 2013..077, 95 % CI = 1.008-1.151, P = 0.028, p-heterogeneity = 0.125). Our findings support the view that miR-499 rs3746444 T>C polymorphism is associated with breast cancer and the C allele can increase cancer susceptibility in Asian...
- Four serum microRNAs identified as diagnostic biomarkers of sepsisHui Juan Wang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hainan Branch of Chinese PLA General Hospital, Sanya, Hainan Province, China
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 73:850-4. 2012..Serum microRNAs (miRNAs) can be used as biomarkers for many kinds of diseases, and some are even better than current indicators. The aim of this study was to investigate a diagnostic role for serum miRNAs in sepsis patients...
- Genetic variants in miR-146a, miR-149, miR-196a2, miR-499 and their influence on relative expression in lung cancersSerena Vinci
Clinical Biochemistry, Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 49:2073-80. 2011..Since single miRNA can have a large number of potential mRNA targets, even minor variations in its expression can have influences on hundreds of putative mRNAs...
- Polymorphisms of miRNAs genes are associated with the risk and prognosis of coronary artery diseaseHong Zhi
Department of Cardiology, Zhongda Hospital, Southeast University, Nanjing, China
Clin Res Cardiol 101:289-96. 2012..miRNA molecules have been identified that plays key roles in a broad range of physiologic and pathologic processes. Polymorphisms in the corresponding sequence space are likely to make a significant contribution to phenotypic variation...
- Association study of microRNA polymorphisms with risk of idiopathic recurrent spontaneous abortion in Korean womenYoung Joo Jeon
Institute for Clinical Research, CHA Bundang Medical Center, CHA University, Seongnam, Republic of Korea
Gene 494:168-73. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the association of microRNA polymorphisms (miR-146aC>G, miR-149T>C, miR-196a2T>C, and miR-499A>G) in Korean patients with recurrent spontaneous abortion (RSA)...
- MicroRNAs in patients on chronic hemodialysis (MINOS study)Cristina Emilian
Division of Cardiology, Centre Hospitalier, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:619-23. 2012..Circulating microRNAs are promising new biomarkers of myocardial injury. It is unknown whether levels of microRNAs are affected in patients undergoing hemodialysis...
- A human 3' miR-499 mutation alters cardiac mRNA targeting and functionGerald W Dorn
Center for Pharmacogenomics, Department of Internal Medicine and Center for Pharmacogenomics, 660 S Euclid Ave, Campus Box 8220, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Circ Res 110:958-67. 2012..Sequence complementarity between miRs and their mRNA targets determines miR effects, but the functional consequences of human myomiR sequence variants are unknown...
- Direct and indirect involvement of microRNA-499 in clinical and experimental cardiomyopathyScot J Matkovich
Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Pharmacogenomics, 660 S Euclid Ave, Campus Box 8220, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Circ Res 111:521-31. 2012..Likewise, there is disagreement over direct and indirect cardiac mRNAs targeted in vivo by miR-499...
- Elevated miR-499 levels blunt the cardiac stress responseJoseph T C Shieh
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19481. 2011..Here we investigate miR-499, a microRNA embedded within a ventricular-specific myosin heavy chain gene, which is expressed in heart and skeletal muscle...
- Association study of common genetic variants in pre-microRNAs in patients with ulcerative colitisMasaaki Okubo
Department of Gastroenterology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, 1 98 Dengakugakubo, Kutsukake cho, Toyoake, Aichi 470 1192, Japan
J Clin Immunol 31:69-73. 2011..We evaluated the associations of three SNPs (rs11614913, rs2910164, and rs3746444) in pre-miRNAs (miR-196a2, miR-146a, and miR-499) with the risk of ulcerative colitis (UC) in a Japanese population...
- Common genetic polymorphisms in pre-microRNAs were associated with increased risk of dilated cardiomyopathyBin Zhou
Laboratory of Molecular Translational Medicine, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, PR China
Clin Chim Acta 411:1287-90. 2010..We conducted a pilot study to test whether SNPs in pre-microRNAs were associated with dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM)...
- Common genetic variants in pre-microRNAs are associated with risk of coal workers' pneumoconiosisMeilin Wang
Department of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Road, Nanjing, China
J Hum Genet 55:13-7. 2010..50, 95% CI=1.05-2.14 for stage II, and OR=3.33, 95% CI=1.67-6.65 for stage III). These results suggest that miR-149 rs2292832 polymorphism is involved in susceptibility to developing CWP...
- PHOSPHOLIPASE C AND CARDIAC HYPERTROPHYGERALD DORN; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Calpains as Mediators of Cardiac Ischemic InjuryGerald W Dorn; Fiscal Year: 2010..Collectively, these studies will apply state-of-the-art techniques for in vivo genetic manipulation, microphysiologic analysis, and biochemical assessment to achieve insight into the roles of myocardial calpains in health and disease. ..