Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR424
Description: microRNA 424
Alias: MIR322, MIRN424, hsa-mir-424, miRNA424
- Nakashima T, Jinnin M, Etoh T, Fukushima S, Masuguchi S, Maruo K, et al. Down-regulation of mir-424 contributes to the abnormal angiogenesis via MEK1 and cyclin E1 in senile hemangioma: its implications to therapy. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14334 pubmed publisher..Investigation of senile hemangioma and the regulatory mechanisms of angiogenesis by miRNA in the aged skin may lead to new treatments using miRNA by the transfection into senile hemangioma. ..
- Ghosh G, Subramanian I, Adhikari N, Zhang X, Joshi H, Basi D, et al. Hypoxia-induced microRNA-424 expression in human endothelial cells regulates HIF-? isoforms and promotes angiogenesis. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:4141-54 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-322/424 plays an important physiological role in post-ischemic vascular remodeling and angiogenesis. ..
- Chamorro Jorganes A, Araldi E, Penalva L, Sandhu D, Fernandez Hernando C, Suarez Y. MicroRNA-16 and microRNA-424 regulate cell-autonomous angiogenic functions in endothelial cells via targeting vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 and fibroblast growth factor receptor-1. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:2595-606 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings suggest that miR-16 and miR-424 play important roles in regulating cell-intrinsic angiogenic activity of ECs. ..
- Kim J, Kang Y, Kojima Y, Lighthouse J, Hu X, Aldred M, et al. An endothelial apelin-FGF link mediated by miR-424 and miR-503 is disrupted in pulmonary arterial hypertension. Nat Med. 2013;19:74-82 pubmed publisher..Reconstitution of miR-424 and miR-503 in vivo ameliorated pulmonary hypertension in experimental models. These studies identify an APLN-dependent miRNA-FGF signaling axis needed for the maintenance of pulmonary vascular homeostasis. ..
- Zhang Y, Li T, Guo P, Kang J, Wei Q, Jia X, et al. MiR-424-5p reversed epithelial-mesenchymal transition of anchorage-independent HCC cells by directly targeting ICAT and suppressed HCC progression. Sci Rep. 2014;4:6248 pubmed publisher..Therefore, aberrant expression of miR-424-5p is critically involved in resistance to anoikis and EMT during the metastatic process of HCC, and its downregulation significantly contributes to liver cancer progression. ..
- Sun Y, Lu F, Han X, Ji M, Zhou Y, Zhang A, et al. MiR-424 and miR-27a increase TRAIL sensitivity of acute myeloid leukemia by targeting PLAG1. Oncotarget. 2016;7:25276-90 pubmed publisher..Restoration of Bcl2 could eliminate their effects on AML TRAIL sensitization. Overall, we propose that miR-424&27a and/or PLAG1 might serve as novel therapeutic targets in AML TRAIL therapy. ..
- Huang L, Shen Z, Xu Q, Huang X, Chen Q, Li D. Increased levels of microRNA-424 are associated with the pathogenesis of fetal growth restriction. Placenta. 2013;34:624-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the increased levels of miRNA-424 were negatively correlated with the mRNA levels of MEK1 in placentae complicated with FGR. Our study suggests upregulated miRNA-424 may be associated with the pathogenesis of FGR. ..
- Yao H, Liu X, Chen S, Xia W, Chen X. Decreased expression of serum miR-424 correlates with poor prognosis of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14830-5 pubmed..Our findings provide the compelling evidence that the decreased expression of serum miR-424 may serve as a novel biomarker to predict the unfavorable prognosis of HCC patients. ..
- Li Q, Qiu X, Li Q, Wang X, Li L, Xu M, et al. MicroRNA-424 may function as a tumor suppressor in endometrial carcinoma cells by targeting E2F7. Oncol Rep. 2015;33:2354-60 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-424 targets the E2F7 transcript and suppresses endometrial cancer cell growth, suggesting that miR-424 has a tumor suppressive role in human endometrial cancer pathogenesis. ..
- Ma X, Shang F, Zhang Q, Lin Q, Han S, Shan Y, et al. MicroRNA-322 attenuates aluminum maltolate-induced apoptosis in the human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cell line. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:2199-2204 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR?322 may attenuate Al?Malt?induced apoptosis by recovering the expression change of c?Myc. Furthermore, miR?322 may be involved in the pathogenesis of Al?Malt?associated AD. ..
- Xiao X, Huang C, Zhao C, Gou X, Senavirathna L, HINSDALE M, et al. Regulation of myofibroblast differentiation by miR-424 during epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2015;566:49-57 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-424 regulates the myofibroblast differentiation during EMT by potentiating the TGF-? signaling pathway, likely through Smurf2. ..
- Zhang M, Gao C, Yang Y, Li G, Dong J, Ai Y, et al. MiR-424 Promotes Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Progression and Metastasis through Regulating the Tumor Suppressor Gene TNFAIP1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:211-221 pubmed publisher..This study may provide theoretical basis for miR-424 in NSCLC target therapeutic treatment. ..
- Berg V, Rusch M, Vartak N, JÃ¼ngst C, Schauss A, Waldmann H, et al. miRs-138 and -424 control palmitoylation-dependent CD95-mediated cell death by targeting acyl protein thioesterases 1 and 2 in CLL. Blood. 2015;125:2948-57 pubmed publisher..Here, we introduce palmitoylation as a novel posttranslational modification in CLL, which might impact on localization, mobility, and function of molecules, survival signaling, and migration. ..
- Grassmann F, Schoenberger P, Brandl C, Schick T, Hasler D, Meister G, et al. A circulating microrna profile is associated with late-stage neovascular age-related macular degeneration. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e107461 pubmed publisher..In addition, knockdown of hsa-mir-361-5p resulted in increased neovascularization in an in vitro angiogenesis assay. ..
- Nandy S, Orozco A, Lopez Valdez R, Roberts R, Subramani R, Arumugam A, et al. Glucose insult elicits hyperactivation of cancer stem cells through miR-424-cdc42-prdm14 signalling axis. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1665-1675 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish miR-424??cdc42??prdm14 axis as a key molecular signalling cascade that might influence breast cancer progression in diabetic patients through hyperactivation of cancer stem cells. ..
- Ruiz Llorente L, Ardila González S, Fanjul L, Martínez Iglesias O, Aranda A. microRNAs 424 and 503 are mediators of the anti-proliferative and anti-invasive action of the thyroid hormone receptor beta. Oncotarget. 2014;5:2918-33 pubmed..Therefore, miR-424 or miR-503 mediate anti-proliferative and anti-invasive actions of TRb both in cultured cells and in vivo. ..
- Ramasamy S, Duraisamy S, Barbashov S, Kawano T, Kharbanda S, Kufe D. The MUC1 and galectin-3 oncoproteins function in a microRNA-dependent regulatory loop. Mol Cell. 2007;27:992-1004 pubmed..These findings indicate that MUC1 and galectin-3 function as part of a miR-322-dependent regulatory loop. ..
- Hong S, Cheng S, Songock W, BODILY J, Laimins L. Suppression of MicroRNA 424 Levels by Human Papillomaviruses Is Necessary for Differentiation-Dependent Genome Amplification. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..HPV E6 and E7 proteins suppress the levels of miR-424, and this is important for controlling the levels of CHK1, which plays a central role in viral replication. ..
- Merlet E, Atassi F, Motiani R, Mougenot N, Jacquet A, Nadaud S, et al. miR-424/322 regulates vascular smooth muscle cell phenotype and neointimal formation in the rat. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;98:458-68 pubmed publisher..This is likely an adaptive response to counteract proliferation, although this mechanism is overwhelmed in pathological situations such as injury-induced restenosis. ..
- Zhou R, Gong A, Chen D, Miller R, Eischeid A, Chen X. Histone deacetylases and NF-kB signaling coordinate expression of CX3CL1 in epithelial cells in response to microbial challenge by suppressing miR-424 and miR-503. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65153 pubmed publisher..The above results indicate that HDACs and NF-kB signaling coordinate epithelial expression of CX3CL1 to promote mucosal antimicrobial defense through suppression of the mir-424-503 gene. ..
- Zhang H, Wang X, Chen Z, Wang W. MicroRNA-424 suppresses estradiol-induced cell proliferation via targeting GPER in endometrial cancer cells. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2015;61:96-101 pubmed..Taken together, our study suggests that increased miR-424 suppresses E2-induced cell growth, and providing a potential therapeutic target for estrogen-associated endometrial carcinoma. ..
- Han H, Du Y, Zhao W, Li S, Chen D, Zhang J, et al. PBX3 is targeted by multiple miRNAs and is essential for liver tumour-initiating cells. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8271 pubmed publisher..In addition, the expression of CACNA2D1 and PBX3 mRNA is predictive of poor prognosis for HCC patients. Collectively, our study identifies an essential signalling pathway that controls the switch of HCC TIC phenotypes. ..
- Wang G, Gu Y, Xu N, Zhang M, Yang T. Decreased expression of miR-150, miR146a and miR424 in type 1 diabetic patients: Association with ongoing islet autoimmunity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;498:382-387 pubmed publisher..05). Our study indicated miR-150, miR-146a and miR-424 may be potential biomarkers of T1DM with applications in the clinical setting as well as provided new insights into the molecular mechanisms involved in this disorder. ..
- Mouillet J, Donker R, Mishima T, Cronqvist T, Chu T, Sadovsky Y. The unique expression and function of miR-424 in human placental trophoblasts. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:25 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a unique role for miR-424 during differentiation of human trophoblasts. ..
- Rahimian A, Soleimani M, Kaviani S, Aghaee Bakhtiari S, Atashi A, Arefian E, et al. Bypassing the maturation arrest in myeloid cell line U937 by over-expression of microRNA-424. Hematology. 2011;16:298-302 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-424 over-expression is an effective factor in maturation of the monoblastic U937 cells and it has the ability of directing them into cells, expressing monocyte/macrophage characteristics. ..
- de Andrade H, De Albuquerque M, Avansini S, de S Rocha C, Dogini D, Nucci A, et al. MicroRNAs-424 and 206 are potential prognostic markers in spinal onset amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neurol Sci. 2016;368:19-24 pubmed publisher..We identified 11 miRNAs differentially expressed in the muscle of ALS patients; of these, miR424, miR-214 and miR-206 were validated by qPCR in muscle samples...
- Yang H, Zheng W, Shuai X, Chang R, Yu L, Fang F, et al. MicroRNA-424 inhibits Akt3/E2F3 axis and tumor growth in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:27736-50 pubmed publisher..The strong correlation of miR-424 expression with HCC patient survival suggests that miR-424 could be a valuable biomarker for HCC prognosis. ..
- Yu L, Ding G, He C, Sun L, Jiang Y, Zhu L. MicroRNA-424 is down-regulated in hepatocellular carcinoma and suppresses cell migration and invasion through c-Myb. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e91661 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, overexpression of c-Myb impaired miR-424-induced inhibition of proliferation and invasion in HCC cells. Our results demonstrated that miR-424 was involved in tumorigenesis of HCC at least in part by suppression of c-Myb. ..
- Vaiana C, Kurćon T, Mahal L. MicroRNA-424 Predicts a Role for Î²-1,4 Branched Glycosylation in Cell Cycle Progression. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1529-37 pubmed publisher..This work provides insight into the regulation of cell cycle progression by specific N-glycan branching patterns. ..
- Lee A, Papangeli I, Park Y, Jeong H, Choi J, Kang H, et al. A PPAR?-dependent miR-424/503-CD40 axis regulates inflammation mediated angiogenesis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:2528 pubmed publisher..Overall, these studies identify a PPAR?-dependent miR-424/503-CD40 signaling axis that is critical for regulation of inflammation mediated angiogenesis. ..
- Jin C, Li M, Ouyang Y, Tan Z, Jiang Y. MiR-424 functions as a tumor suppressor in glioma cells and is down-regulated by DNA methylation. J Neurooncol. 2017;133:247-255 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that the promoter region CpG island methylation is associated with tumor suppressive miR-424 silencing and the pathology of human gliomas. ..
- Zhou Y, An Q, Guo R, Qiao Y, Li L, Zhang X, et al. miR424-5p functions as an anti-oncogene in cervical cancer cell growth by targeting KDM5B via the Notch signaling pathway. Life Sci. 2017;171:9-15 pubmed publisher..Recent study corroborated the down-regulation of miR424-5p in uterine cervix adenocarcinoma...
- Li Y, Li W, Ying Z, Tian H, Zhu X, Li J, et al. Metastatic heterogeneity of breast cancer cells is associated with expression of a heterogeneous TGF?-activating miR424-503 gene cluster. Cancer Res. 2014;74:6107-18 pubmed publisher..cells, we compared miRNA expression profiles between breast cancers with or without metastasis and found that the miR424-503 cluster was markedly overexpressed in metastatic breast cancer...
- Wang M, Liang L, Li L, Han K, Li Q, Peng Y, et al. Increased miR-424-5p expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients with pemphigus. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:3479-3484 pubmed publisher..The biological function and potential pathways of miR-424-5p in pemphigus were predicted. Thus, miR-424-5p may contribute to the pathogenesis of pemphigus. ..
- Xu J, Fang Y, Wang X, Wang F, Tian Q, Li Y, et al. CUL2 overexpression driven by CUL2/E2F1/miR-424 regulatory loop promotes HPV16 E7 induced cervical carcinogenesis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:31520-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings may serve as one of the explanations for a clinical phenomenon that HPV16 possesses the strongest cervical carcinogenicity among high-risk HPV genotypes. ..
- Kunze K, Gamerdinger U, Leßig Owlanj J, Sorokina M, Brobeil A, Tur M, et al. Detection of an activated JAK3 variant and a Xq26.3 microdeletion causing loss of PHF6 and miR-424 expression in myelodysplastic syndromes by combined targeted next generation sequencing and SNP array analysis. Pathol Res Pract. 2014;210:369-76 pubmed publisher..We conclude that combined SNP array analyses and tNGS can identify established and novel therapy relevant genomic aberrations in MDS patients and track them in a clinical setting for individual therapy selection. ..
- Wang F, Wang J, Yang X, Chen D, Wang L. MiR-424-5p participates in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma invasion and metastasis via SMAD7 pathway mediated EMT. Diagn Pathol. 2016;11:88 pubmed publisher..Our results described that miR-424-5p -SMAD7 pathway contributed to ESCC invasion and metastasis and up-regulation of miR-424-5p perhaps provided a strategy for preventing tumor invasion, metastasis. ..
- Llobet Navas D, Rodríguez Barrueco R, de la Iglesia Vicente J, Olivan M, Castro V, Saucedo Cuevas L, et al. The microRNA 424/503 cluster reduces CDC25A expression during cell cycle arrest imposed by transforming growth factor ? in mammary epithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:4216-31 pubmed publisher..We also provide evidence that the TGF-?/miR-424(322)/503 axis is part of the mechanism that regulates the proliferation of hormone receptor-positive (HR(+)) mammary epithelial cells in vivo. ..
- Kim J, Abdelmohsen K, Yang X, De S, Grammatikakis I, Noh J, et al. LncRNA OIP5-AS1/cyrano sponges RNA-binding protein HuR. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:2378-92 pubmed publisher..We propose that OIP5-AS1 serves as a sponge or a competing endogenous (ce)RNA for HuR, restricting its availability to HuR target mRNAs and thereby repressing HuR-elicited proliferative phenotypes. ..
- Shen X, Tang J, Hu J, Guo L, Xing Y, Xi T. MiR-424 regulates monocytic differentiation of human leukemia U937 cells by directly targeting CDX2. Biotechnol Lett. 2013;35:1799-806 pubmed publisher..For the first time, the molecular mechanism of miR-424 during monocytic differentiation of U937 cells has been elucidated in this study. ..
- Wu C, Lin W, Chang Y, Lin P, Chen W, Chen M. DNMT1-dependent suppression of microRNA424 regulates tumor progression in human bladder cancer. Oncotarget. 2015;6:24119-31 pubmed..These results highlight a potential role for miR-424 as a molecular predictor and therapeutic target in bladder cancer. ..
- Zhang M, Zeng J, Zhao Z, Liu Z. Loss of MiR-424-3p, not miR-424-5p, confers chemoresistance through targeting YAP1 in non-small cell lung cancer. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:821-832 pubmed publisher..2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Wang X, Li Q, Jin H, Zou H, Xia W, Dai N, et al. miR-424 acts as a tumor radiosensitizer by targeting aprataxin in cervical cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:77508-77515 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that miR-424 acts as a radiosensitizing miRNA and reveal a new therapeutic strategy for radioresistant cervical cancers. ..
- Dallavalle C, Albino D, Civenni G, Merulla J, Ostano P, Mello Grand M, et al. MicroRNA-424 impairs ubiquitination to activate STAT3 and promote prostate tumor progression. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:4585-4602 pubmed publisher..These results establish miR-424 as an oncogenic effector linked to noncanonical activation of STAT3 and as a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Tsuru Y, Jinnin M, Ichihara A, Fujisawa A, Moriya C, Sakai K, et al. miR-424 levels in hair shaft are increased in psoriatic patients. J Dermatol. 2014;41:382-5 pubmed publisher..Hair root miR-424 was not useful for evaluating both diagnosis and severity of the disease. Our results indicated hair shaft miR-424 levels may be useful as a diagnostic marker of psoriasis. ..
- Drasin D, Guarnieri A, Neelakantan D, Kim J, Cabrera J, Wang C, et al. TWIST1-Induced miR-424 Reversibly Drives Mesenchymal Programming while Inhibiting Tumor Initiation. Cancer Res. 2015;75:1908-21 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest miR-424 plays distinct roles in tumor progression, potentially facilitating earlier, but repressing later, stages of metastasis by regulating an EMT-MET axis. ..
- Wang Y, Lv Z, Fu J, Wang Z, Fan Z, Lei T. Endogenous microRNA-424 predicts clinical outcome and its inhibition acts as cancer suppressor in human non-small cell lung cancer. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;89:208-214 pubmed publisher..High endogenous miR-424 expression in tumors may predict poor prognosis of patients with NSCLC. Inhibiting endogenous miR-424 may also serve an effective cancer suppressor in NSCLC. ..
- Alvarez Mora M, Rodriguez Revenga L, Madrigal I, Torres Silva F, Mateu Huertas E, Lizano E, et al. MicroRNA expression profiling in blood from fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome patients. Genes Brain Behav. 2013;12:595-603 pubmed publisher..Although further studies are necessary to better characterize the miRNA function in FXTAS disorder, our results suggest that they might contribute to its pathogenesis. ..