Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR200C
Description: microRNA 200c
- miR-200c is upregulated by oxidative stress and induces endothelial cell apoptosis and senescence via ZEB1 inhibitionA Magenta
Laboratorio di Patologia Vascolare, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata IRCCS, Via dei Monti di Creta 104, 00167 Roma, Italy
Cell Death Differ 18:1628-39. 2011..In conclusion, ROS induce miR-200c and other miR-200 family members; the ensuing downmodulation of ZEB1 has a key role in ROS-induced apoptosis and senescence...
- miR-200c is aberrantly expressed in leiomyomas in an ethnic-dependent manner and targets ZEBs, VEGFA, TIMP2, and FBLN5Tsai Der Chuang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0294, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 19:541-56. 2012....
- MicroRNA-200c modulates epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT) in human colorectal cancer metastasisKeun Hur
Gastrointestinal Cancer Research Laboratory, Baylor Research Institute and Sammons Cancer Center, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Gut 62:1315-26. 2013..Although the microRNA-200 (miR-200) family is a crucial inhibitor of epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT) in human cancer, the role of miR-200 members in the pathogenesis of metastatic CRC has not been investigated...
- Circulating miR-200c as a diagnostic and prognostic biomarker for gastric cancerManuel Valladares-Ayerbes
Medical Oncology Department, La Coruña University Hospital, Servicio Galego de Saúde SERGAS, As Xubias, 84, La Coruna, PC, 15006, Spain
J Transl Med 10:186. 2012..Thus, we hypothesised that the quantitative detection of the miR-200 family as epithelial-specific microRNAs in the blood could be a useful clinical biomarker for gastric cancer (GC)...
- miR-200c inhibits melanoma progression and drug resistance through down-regulation of BMI-1Shujing Liu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Am J Pathol 181:1823-35. 2012..These results suggest that miR-200c may represent a critical target for increasing melanoma sensitivity to clinical therapies...
- miR-200c targets a NF-κB up-regulated TrkB/NTF3 autocrine signaling loop to enhance anoikis sensitivity in triple negative breast cancerErin N Howe
Program in Cancer Biology, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e49987. 2012..Taken together, our findings define a critical mechanism for transcriptional and post-transcriptional control of suspension-induced up-regulation of TrkB and NTF3 in anoikis resistant breast cancer cells...
- MicroRNA-200c represses migration and invasion of breast cancer cells by targeting actin-regulatory proteins FHOD1 and PPM1FSarah Jurmeister
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 32:633-51. 2012..Thus, miR-200c impacts on metastasis by regulating several EMT-related processes, including a novel mechanism involving the direct targeting of actin-regulatory proteins...
- The microRNA-200 family targets multiple non-small cell lung cancer prognostic markers in H1299 cells and BEAS-2B cellsMaricica Pacurari
Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Int J Oncol 43:548-60. 2013..These results provide new insights into miR-200 regulation in lung cancer metastasis and consequent clinical outcome, and may provide a potential basis for innovative therapeutic approaches for the treatment of this deadly disease...
- microRNA-200c modulates the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in human renal cell carcinoma metastasisXuegang Wang
Department of Urology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430022, PR China
Oncol Rep 30:643-50. 2013..We therefore concluded that there is an Akt-miR-200c-E-cadherin axis in the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition process in RCC...
- Oncogenic KRAS regulates miR-200c and miR-221/222 in a 3D-specific manner in colorectal cancer cellsToshiyuki Tsunoda
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Fukuoka University, 7 45 1 Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
Anticancer Res 31:2453-9. 2011..Oncogenic KRAS plays several key roles in a three-dimensional (3D) colonic-crypt model. However, miRNA expression regulated by oncogenic KRAS in this model is still elusive...
- High expression of serum miR-21 and tumor miR-200c associated with poor prognosis in patients with lung cancerXiao Guang Liu
Department of Joint Laboratory of Immunogenomics, Zhoushan Hospital BIG CAS, Zhejiang 316004, China
Med Oncol 29:618-26. 2012..In addition, this study, for the first time, identifies a significant role of the tumor miR-200c played in predicting prognosis in patients with NSCLC...
- Targets of miR-200c mediate suppression of cell motility and anoikis resistanceErin N Howe
Program in Cancer Biology, Department of Pathology, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Mail Stop 8104, PO Box 6511, Aurora, CO, USA
Breast Cancer Res 13:R45. 2011..Here we investigate the functional role of novel targets of miR-200c in the aggressive behavior of breast and endometrial cancer cells...
- Association between miR-200c and the survival of patients with stage I epithelial ovarian cancer: a retrospective study of two independent tumour tissue collectionsSergio Marchini
Department of Oncology, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Milan, Italy
Lancet Oncol 12:273-85. 2011..We profiled miRNA expression in stage I EOC tumours to assess whether there is a miRNA signature associated with overall and progression-free survival (PFS) in stage I EOC...
- miR-200bc/429 cluster targets PLCgamma1 and differentially regulates proliferation and EGF-driven invasion than miR-200a/141 in breast cancerS Uhlmann
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Oncogene 29:4297-306. 2010..Our results suggest that the miR-200 family has a tumor-suppressor function by negatively regulating EGF-driven cell invasion, viability and cell cycle progression in breast cancer...
- The miR-200 family determines the epithelial phenotype of cancer cells by targeting the E-cadherin repressors ZEB1 and ZEB2Sun Mi Park
The Ben May Department for Cancer Research, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genes Dev 22:894-907. 2008..Conversely, inhibition of miR-200 reduced E-cadherin expression, increased expression of Vimentin, and induced EMT. Our data identify miR-200 as a powerful marker and determining factor of the epithelial phenotype of cancer cells...
- Stable expression of miR-200c alone is sufficient to regulate TCF8 (ZEB1) and restore E-cadherin expressionGregory J Hurteau
Ordway Research Institute, Albany, NY, USA
Cell Cycle 8:2064-9. 2009....
- Downregulation of miRNA-200c links breast cancer stem cells with normal stem cellsYohei Shimono
Stanford Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University, 1050 Arastradero Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Cell 138:592-603. 2009..The coordinated downregulation of three microRNA clusters and the similar functional regulation of clonal expansion by miR-200c provide a molecular link that connects BCSCs with normal stem cells...
- The miR200 family of microRNAs regulates WAVE3-dependent cancer cell invasionKhalid Sossey-Alaoui
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 284:33019-29. 2009..In conclusion, a novel mechanism for the regulation of WAVE3 expression in cancer cells has been identified, which controls the invasive properties and morphology of cancer cells associated with their metastatic potential...
- Role for DNA methylation in the regulation of miR-200c and miR-141 expression in normal and cancer cellsLukas Vrba
Arizona Cancer Center, The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e8697. 2010..Furthermore, the loss of expression of miR-200 family members is linked to an aggressive cancer phenotype. Regulation of the miR-200 family expression in normal and cancer cells is not fully understood...
- Overexpression of miR-200c induces chemoresistance in esophageal cancers mediated through activation of the Akt signaling pathwayRie Hamano
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 17:3029-38. 2011..To determine the relationship between resistance to chemotherapy and microRNA (miRNA) expression in esophageal cancer, we focused on miRNAs known to be associated with maintenance of stem cell function...
- miR-200c regulates induction of apoptosis through CD95 by targeting FAP-1Robert Schickel
The Ben May Department for Cancer Research, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Mol Cell 38:908-15. 2010....
- Loss of miR-200c expression induces an aggressive, invasive, and chemoresistant phenotype in non-small cell lung cancerPaolo Ceppi
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin at San Luigi Hospital, Orbassano, Italy
Mol Cancer Res 8:1207-16. 2010....
- The miR-200 family controls beta-tubulin III expression and is associated with paclitaxel-based treatment response and progression-free survival in ovarian cancer patientsSusanna Leskela
Hereditary Endocrine Cancer Group, Human Cancer Genetics Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Center, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:85-95. 2011..Furthermore, these microRNAs might constitute the biomarkers of response to paclitaxel-based treatments and relapse/progression of advanced stage ovarian carcinoma patients...
- Overexpression of the microRNA hsa-miR-200c leads to reduced expression of transcription factor 8 and increased expression of E-cadherinGregory J Hurteau
Ordway Research Institute, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Cancer Res 67:7972-6. 2007....
- Elevated serum level of microRNA (miRNA)-200c and miRNA-371-5p in children with Kawasaki diseaseKi Wook Yun
Department of Pediatrics, Chung Ang University Hospital, 224 1 Heukseok dong, Dongjak Gu, Seoul, 156 755, Korea
Pediatr Cardiol 35:745-52. 2014..The present data support the hypothesis that the inflammatory response is a crucial mechanism for pathogenesis of KD, and miRNAs might be the main regulators of this inflammatory response...
- MicroRNA-200c modulates the expression of MUC4 and MUC16 by directly targeting their coding sequences in human pancreatic cancerPrakash Radhakrishnan
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e73356. 2013..These data suggest that, in addition to regulating proteins that modulate EMT, miR-200c influences expression of cell surface mucins in pancreatic cancer. ..
- The role of microRNA-200 in progression of human colorectal and breast cancerLinda Bojmar
Surgery, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Department of Surgery in Östergötland, County Council of Ostergotland, Linkoping, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e84815. 2013....
- Inhibition of ZEB1 by miR-200 characterizes Helicobacter pylori-positive gastric diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with a less aggressive behaviorWei Ting Huang
Department of Pathology, National Taiwan University Hospital of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Mod Pathol 27:1116-25. 2014..pylori-positive gastric diffuse large B-cell lymphomas with a less aggressive behavior. ..
- Clinicopathological and prognostic implications of the miR-200 family in patients with epithelial ovarian cancerQing Cao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The 180th Hospital of Chinese People s Liberation Army Hua Yuan Road No 180, Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, 362000 China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:2392-401. 2014..The three miRNAs could be attractive therapeutic targets in patients with advanced-stage EOCs...
- miRNA-200c inhibits invasion and metastasis of human non-small cell lung cancer by directly targeting ubiquitin specific peptidase 25Jing Li
State Key Laboratory of Oncogenes and Related Genes, Shanghai Cancer Institute, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, 200032 Shanghai, China
Mol Cancer 13:166. 2014..Growing evidence indicates that miR-200c is involved in carcinogenesis and tumor progression in non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). However, its precise biological role remains largely elusive...
- MiR-200c inhibits autophagy and enhances radiosensitivity in breast cancer cells by targeting UBQLN1Quanquan Sun
Department of Radiation Oncology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 136:1003-12. 2015..UBQLN1 and LC3. These results indicate that the identified miR-200c/UBQLN1-mediated autophagy pathway may help to elucidate radioresistance in human breast cancer and might represent a therapeutic strategy. ..
- Expression profile of microRNA-200 family in hepatocellular carcinoma with bile duct tumor thrombusTa Sen Yeh
Departments of Surgery and Pathology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taiwan
Ann Surg 259:346-54. 2014..The aim of this study was to assess the role of the miR-200 family in the pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma with bile duct tumor thrombus (HCC-BDTT)...
- Niclosamide inhibits colon cancer progression through downregulation of the Notch pathway and upregulation of the tumor suppressor miR-200 familyMohammed A Suliman
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Dalian Medical University, Dalian, Liaoning 116044, P R China
Int J Mol Med 38:776-84. 2016..Collectively, these findings demonstrate that niclosamide potentially inhibits the progression of colon cancer by downregulating Notch signaling and by upregulating the miR-200 family members. ..
- MUC1 regulates expression of multiple microRNAs involved in pancreatic tumor progression, including the miR-200c/141 clusterAshley M Mohr
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e73306. 2013..These data indicate that signaling through MUC1 influences cancer progression by regulating transcription of microRNAs that are associated with the process of metastasis. ..
- Correlation between EGFR amplification and the expression of microRNA-200c in primary glioblastoma multiformeEva Serna
Unidad Central de Investigación en Medicina, Universitat de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e102927. 2014..In this study we provide what is to our knowledge the first report of association between microRNA-200c and EGFR amplification in glioblastomas. ..
- miR200c attenuates P-gp-mediated MDR and metastasis by targeting JNK2/c-Jun signaling pathway in colorectal cancerHua Sui
Department of Medical Oncology, Shuguang Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China
Mol Cancer Ther 13:3137-51. 2014MicroRNA-200c (miR200c) recently emerged as an important regulator of tumorigenicity and cancer metastasis; however, its role in regulating multidrug resistance (MDR) remains unknown...
- Pien Tze Huang inhibits metastasis of human colorectal carcinoma cells via modulation of TGF-β1/ZEB/miR-200 signaling networkAling Shen
Academy of Integrative Medicine, Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Minhou Shangjie, Fuzhou, Fujian 350122, P R China
Int J Oncol 46:685-90. 2015....
- miR-200c-SUMOylated KLF4 feedback loop acts as a switch in transcriptional programs that control VSMC proliferationBin Zheng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Hebei Medical University, Zhongshan East Road, Shijiazhuang 050017, China Electronic address
J Mol Cell Cardiol 82:201-12. 2015....
- A Comprehensive Review on miR-200c, A Promising Cancer Biomarker with Therapeutic PotentialSuresh Kumar
Department of Biochemistry, Central University of Rajasthan, NH 8, Bandarsindri, Kishangarh 305817, Ajmer, Rajasthan, India
Curr Drug Targets 16:1381-403. 2015..This article also proposes that the tumor microenvironment may have a role in influencing epigenetic silencing of miR-200c expression. ..
- microRNA-200b and microRNA-200c promote colorectal cancer cell proliferation via targeting the reversion-inducing cysteine-rich protein with Kazal motifsYi Pan
a Jiangsu Engineering Research Center for microRNA Biology and Biotechnology State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology School of Life Sciences Nanjing University Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
RNA Biol 12:276-89. 2015..Taken together, our results demonstrate that miR-200b/c play a critical role in promoting colorectal tumorigenesis through inhibiting RECK expression and subsequently triggering SKP2 elevation and p27(Kip1) degradation. ..
- Leptin-STAT3-G9a Signaling Promotes Obesity-Mediated Breast Cancer ProgressionChao Ching Chang
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana Center for Cancer Research, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
Cancer Res 75:2375-86. 2015..Together, our results show how targeting STAT3-G9a signaling regulates CSC plasticity during obesity-related breast cancer progression, suggesting a novel therapeutic paradigm to suppress CSC pools and limit breast malignancy...
- Loss of miR-200c up-regulates CYP1B1 and confers docetaxel resistance in renal cell carcinomaInik Chang
Department of Surgery and Division of Urology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California, United States of America
Oncotarget 6:7774-87. 2015..Therefore, expression of CYP1B1 and miR-200c in RCC may be useful as a prediction for docetaxel response...
- miR-200c/Bmi1 axis and epithelial-mesenchymal transition contribute to acquired resistance to BRAF inhibitor treatmentShujing Liu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 28:431-41. 2015..Together, our data identify miR-200c as a critical signaling node in BRAFi-resistant melanomas impacting the MAPK and PI3K/AKT pathways, suggesting miR-200c as a potential therapeutic target for overcoming acquired BRAFi resistance. ..
- miR-139 and miR-200c regulate pancreatic cancer endothelial cell migration and angiogenesisLei Li
Department of Gastroenterology, Shanghai First People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 201620, P R China
Oncol Rep 34:51-8. 2015..05). Upregulation of miR-139 and miR-200c expression may increase CEC migration and tube formation, which suggests that these miRNAs may regulate pancreatic tumor angiogenesis...
- The miR-200 family differentially regulates sensitivity to paclitaxel and carboplatin in human ovarian carcinoma OVCAR-3 and MES-OV cellsAnamaria Brozovic
Stanford University School of Medicine, Oncology Division, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mol Oncol 9:1678-93. 2015..The miR-200 family plays major, cell-context dependent roles in regulating EMT and sensitivity to carboplatin and paclitaxel in OVCAR-3 and MES-OV cells. ..
- Notch1 Pathway Activation Results from the Epigenetic Abrogation of Notch-Related MicroRNAs in Mycosis FungoidesFernando Gallardo
Servei de Dermatologia, Hospital del Mar, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Invest Dermatol 135:3144-52. 2015..Our study deciphers an epigenetic mechanism regulating the Notch pathway in (MF) that might contribute to the future design of more specific therapeutic strategies. ..
- miR-200c inhibits breast cancer proliferation by targeting KRASCailu Song
Department of Breast Oncology, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Collaborative Innovation Center for Cancer Medicine, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Oncotarget 6:34968-78. 2015..Our findings provide clues regarding the role of miR-200c as a tumor suppressor in breast cancer through the inhibition of KRAS translation both in vitro and in vivo. miR-200c could be a potential therapeutic target in breast cancer...
- Serum miR-200c expression level as a prognostic biomarker for gastric cancerH P Zhang
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Yantai Yuhuangding Hospital, Yantai, Shandong, China
Genet Mol Res 14:15913-20. 2015..01, 95%CI = 2.67-10.02, P = 0.006). The relative expression of serum miR-200c in GC patients was significantly higher compared to healthy controls, and it may prove to be useful in assessing the prognosis of GC. ..
- MicroRNA-200c inhibits the metastasis of non-small cell lung cancer cells by targeting ZEB2, an epithelial-mesenchymal transition regulatorAihong Jiao
Department of Chemotherapy, Cancer Center, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250012, P R China
Mol Med Rep 13:3349-55. 2016..Based on these results, the present study suggested that miR‑200c was able to inhibit the metastasis of NSCLC cells by targeting ZEB2. Therefore, miR-200c may be considered as a potential candidate for the treatment of NSCLC...
- NF-κB-mediated inflammation leading to EMT via miR-200c is involved in cell transformation induced by cigarette smoke extractYue Zhao
Institute of Toxicology and
Toxicol Sci 135:265-76. 2013..Thus, we have defined a link between inflammation and EMT, processes involved in the malignant transformation of cells caused by CSE. This link, mediated through miRNAs, establishes a mechanism for CSE-induced lung carcinogenesis. ..
- Overexpressions of microRNA-9 and microRNA-200c in human breast cancers are associated with lymph node metastasisJincai Wang
1 Oncobiology Key Lab of Heilongjiang Common Institution of Higher Learning, Department of Medical Oncology, The Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, People s Republic of China
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 28:283-8. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between the expressions of microRNA-9 (miR-9) and microRNA-200c (miR-200c) in human breast cancers and clinicopathological features...
- Regulation of miR-200c by nuclear receptors PPARα, LRH-1 and SHPYuxia Zhang
Department of Medicine, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 416:135-9. 2011..RJW100 caused strong activation of the miR-200c promoter. This is the first report to demonstrate that miR-200c expression is controlled by nuclear receptors...
- miR-200b and miR-200c as prognostic factors and mediators of gastric cancer cell progressionHailin Tang
Authors Affiliations Department of Breast Oncology, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Sun Yat Sen University Cancer Center Cancer Hospital and Cancer Research Institute, Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong and Cancer Research Institute, University of South China, Hengyang, Hunan, China
Clin Cancer Res 19:5602-12. 2013..The purpose of this study was to investigate the clinicopathologic significance and potential role of miR-200b and miR-200c in the development and progression of gastric cancer...
- miRNA and mRNA expression profiling identifies members of the miR-200 family as potential regulators of epithelial-mesenchymal transition in pterygiumDavid H Engelsvold
Department of Ophthalmology, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway Department of Clinical Medicine, Section of Ophthalmology, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Exp Eye Res 115:189-98. 2013....
- FOG2 protein down-regulation by transforming growth factor-β1-induced microRNA-200b/c leads to Akt kinase activation and glomerular mesangial hypertrophy related to diabetic nephropathyJung Tak Park
Division of Molecular Diabetes Research, Department of Diabetes, Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
J Biol Chem 288:22469-80. 2013..These data suggest a new mechanism for TGF-β-induced Akt activation through FOG2 down-regulation by miR-200b/c, which can lead to glomerular mesangial hypertrophy in the progression of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- miRNA-200c increases the sensitivity of breast cancer cells to doxorubicin through the suppression of E-cadherin-mediated PTEN/Akt signalingYong Chen
Department of Medical Oncology, Subei People s Hospital, Yangzhou, Jiangsu 225000, PR China
Mol Med Rep 7:1579-84. 2013..In conclusion, miRNA-200c inhibited Akt signaling through its effects on E-cadherin and PTEN, resulting in the inhibition of ADR resistance in breast cancer cells...
- The quantitative analysis by stem-loop real-time PCR revealed the microRNA-34a, microRNA-155 and microRNA-200c overexpression in human colorectal cancerMojin Wang
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Institute of Digestive Surgery and National Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
Med Oncol 29:3113-8. 2012..The more deeply and larger scale research are required to prove the correlation...
- Regulation of microRNA expression by hepatocyte growth factor in human head and neck squamous cell carcinomaDai Susuki
Division of Tumor Pathology, Department of Pathological Sciences, University of Fukui, Fukui, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:2164-71. 2011..Altered expression of miRNA directly regulated by HGF might contribute enhanced progressive and invasive characteristics of HNSCC by regulating the translation of HGF-induced functional molecules...
- The interactions between MicroRNA-200c and BRD7 in endometrial carcinomaYoung Ae Park
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Gynecol Oncol 124:125-33. 2012..In this study, we evaluated the role of miR-200c in cell growth and drug sensitivity in endometrial carcinoma and investigated the underlying mechanisms...
- Down-regulation of microRNA-200c is associated with drug resistance in human breast cancerJunqing Chen
Department of Surgical Oncology, Cancer Institute, Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Intervention, China National Ministry of Education, The Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine Zhejiang University, 88 Jiefang Road, Hangzhou, 310009, Zhejiang, China
Med Oncol 29:2527-34. 2012..Taken together, our findings suggest that miR-200c may act as a promising therapeutic target for improvement of responsiveness to chemotherapy in breast cancer...
- MicroRNA-200 is commonly repressed in conjunctival MALT lymphoma, and targets cyclin E2Jiping Cai
Department of Ophthalmology of Shanghai Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, 415 Fengyang Road, Shanghai, 200003, People s Republic of China
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 250:523-31. 2012..Aberrant microRNA expression is implicated in cancer initiation and progression. We sought to identify dysregulated miRNAs in conjunctival mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma, and investigated their biological significance...
- Differential expression of microRNAs during melanoma progression: miR-200c, miR-205 and miR-211 are downregulated in melanoma and act as tumour suppressorsY Xu
MRC Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU, UK
Br J Cancer 106:553-61. 2012..Significant morphological overlap between benign and malignant lesions complicates diagnosis, and tumour thickness is not always an accurate predictor of prognosis...
- IL6-mediated suppression of miR-200c directs constitutive activation of inflammatory signaling circuit driving transformation and tumorigenesisMatjaz Rokavec
Department of Cancer Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, Jupiter, FL 33458, USA
Mol Cell 45:777-89. 2012..Therefore, targeting this signaling circuit represents an effective therapeutic avenue for breast cancer prevention and treatment...
- Cooperation of p300 and PCAF in the control of microRNA 200c/141 transcription and epithelial characteristicsYoshiaki Mizuguchi
Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e32449. 2012..We demonstrate that both P300 and PCAF act as cofactors for ZEB1, forming a P300/PCAF/ZEB1 complex on the miR200c/141 promoter...
- miR-200c inhibits invasion and migration in human colon cancer cells SW480/620 by targeting ZEB1Mian Ling Chen
Department of General Surgery, Affiliated First People s Municipal Hospital of Guang Zhou, Guang Zhou Medical College, No 602, Ren Min Bei Road, Guang Zhou 510180, Guang Dong, People s Republic of China
Clin Exp Metastasis 29:457-69. 2012....
- The role of microRNAs miR-200b and miR-200c in TLR4 signaling and NF-κB activationErik B Wendlandt
Interdisciplinary Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Innate Immun 18:846-55. 2012..These data define miRNAs miR-200b and miR-200c as factors that modify the efficiency of TLR4 signaling through the MyD88-dependent pathway and can thus affect host innate defenses against microbial pathogens...
- MiR-200c regulates Noxa expression and sensitivity to proteasomal inhibitorsMikael Lerner
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Center Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e36490. 2012..Together, our data define miR-200c as a potentiator of bortezomib-induced cell death. At the same time, we show that miR-200c is a novel negative regulator of the pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family member Noxa...
- KRAS up-regulates the expression of miR-181a, miR-200c and miR-210 in a three-dimensional-specific manner in DLD-1 colorectal cancer cellsTakeharu Ota
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka, Japan
Anticancer Res 32:2271-5. 2012....
- Transcriptomic profiling reveals hepatic stem-like gene signatures and interplay of miR-200c and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaNaoki Oishi
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hepatology 56:1792-803. 2012..NCAM1, a known hepatic stem/progenitor cell marker, was experimentally demonstrated to be a direct target of miR-200c...
- miR-200c enhances radiosensitivity of human breast cancer cellsJing Lin
Department of Radiation Medicine, Faculty of Naval Medicine, Second Military Medical University, Xiangyin Road, Shanghai 200433, PR China
J Cell Biochem 114:606-15. 2013..However, overexpression of TBK1 partially rescued miR-200c mediated apoptosis induced by ionizing radiation. In summary, miR-200c can be a potential target for enhancing the effect of radiation treatment on breast cancer cells...
- Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition leads to docetaxel resistance in prostate cancer and is mediated by reduced expression of miR-200c and miR-205Martin Puhr
Division of Experimental Urology, Department of Urology, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Pathol 181:2188-201. 2012..Therefore, we suggest that this mechanism is at least in part responsible for chemotherapy failure, with implications for the development of novel therapeutics...
- Regulation of trabecular meshwork cell contraction and intraocular pressure by miR-200cCoralia Luna
Department of Ophthalmology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e51688. 2012....
- MiR-200c and HuR in ovarian cancerSilvia Prislei
Laboratory of Antineoplastic Pharmacology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome 00168, Italy
BMC Cancer 13:72. 2013..This study assessed the role of miR-200c as regulator of class III β-tubulin (TUBB3), a factor associated with drug-resistance and poor prognosis in ovarian cancer...
- Down-regulation of microRNAs of the miR-200 family and miR-205, and an altered expression of classic and desmosomal cadherins in spindle cell carcinoma of the head and neck--hallmark of epithelial-mesenchymal transitionNina Zidar
Institute of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Hum Pathol 42:482-8. 2011..The result is not only an altered expression of classic cadherins in adherens junctions but also a complete loss of desmosomal cadherins...
- The ZEB1/miR-200 feedback loop controls Notch signalling in cancer cellsSimone Brabletz
Department of Visceral Surgery, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
EMBO J 30:770-82. 2011..These findings explain increased Notch signalling in some types of cancers, where mutations in Notch pathway genes are rare. Moreover, they indicate an additional way how ZEB1 exerts its tumour progressing functions...
- Targeting Notch signalling by the conserved miR-8/200 microRNA family in development and cancer cellsDiana M Vallejo
Instituto de Neurociencias, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas CSIC and Universidad Miguel Hernández UMH, Campus de Sant Joan, Sant Joan, Alicante, Spain
EMBO J 30:756-69. 2011..Together, these data define a new way to attenuate or boost Notch signalling that may have clinical interest...