Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR195
Description: microRNA 195
Alias: MIRN195, miRNA195
- Bai Y, Yang W, Yang H, Liao Q, Ye G, Fu G, et al. Downregulated miR-195 detected in preeclamptic placenta affects trophoblast cell invasion via modulating ActRIIA expression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38875 pubmed publisher..Aberrant expression of miR-195 may contribute to the occurrence of preeclampsia through interfering with Activin/Nodal signaling mediated by ActRIIA in human placenta. ..
- Wang R, Zhao N, Li S, Fang J, Chen M, Yang J, et al. MicroRNA-195 suppresses angiogenesis and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma by inhibiting the expression of VEGF, VAV2, and CDC42. Hepatology. 2013;58:642-53 pubmed publisher..miR-195 deregulation contributes to angiogenesis and metastasis in HCC. The restoration of miR-195 expression may be a promising strategy for HCC therapy. ..
- Furuta M, Kozaki K, Tanimoto K, Tanaka S, Arii S, Shimamura T, et al. The tumor-suppressive miR-497-195 cluster targets multiple cell-cycle regulators in hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60155 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the molecular pathway regulating cell cycle progression to be integrally altered by downregulation of miR-195 and miR-497 expression, leading to the aberrant cell proliferation in hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Flavin R, Smyth P, Laios A, O Toole S, Barrett C, Finn S, et al. Potentially important microRNA cluster on chromosome 17p13.1 in primary peritoneal carcinoma. Mod Pathol. 2009;22:197-205 pubmed publisher..1 in primary peritoneal carcinoma relative to ovarian serous carcinoma. miR-195 and miR-497 may have potential roles as tumour-suppressor genes in primary peritoneal tumourigenesis. ..
- van Rooij E, Sutherland L, Liu N, Williams A, McAnally J, Gerard R, et al. A signature pattern of stress-responsive microRNAs that can evoke cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:18255-60 pubmed
- Wang X, Wang J, Ma H, Zhang J, Zhou X. Downregulation of miR-195 correlates with lymph node metastasis and poor prognosis in colorectal cancer. Med Oncol. 2012;29:919-27 pubmed publisher..01). Moreover, the multivariate analysis showed that reduced expression of miR-195 was an independent predictor of overall survival. Our data indicate the potential of miR-195 as a novel diagnostic or prognostic biomarker for CRC. ..
- Fu M, Li S, Yu T, Qian L, Cao R, Zhu H, et al. Differential expression of miR-195 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and miR-195 expression inhibits tumor cell proliferation and invasion by targeting of Cdc42. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3471-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings demonstrated that miR-195 may act as a tumor suppressor in ESCC by targeting Cdc42. ..
- Liu L, Chen L, Xu Y, Li R, Du X. microRNA-195 promotes apoptosis and suppresses tumorigenicity of human colorectal cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;400:236-40 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study provides important roles of miR-195 in colorectal cancer pathogenesis and implicates its potential application in cancer therapy. ..
- Fei X, Qi M, Wu B, Song Y, Wang Y, Li T. MicroRNA-195-5p suppresses glucose uptake and proliferation of human bladder cancer T24 cells by regulating GLUT3 expression. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:392-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-195-5p is a novel and also the first identified miRNA that targets GLUT3, and the aberrant decreased expression of miR-195-5p and consequent GLUT3 up-regulation may contribute to bladder carcinogenesis. ..
- Lin Y, Wu J, Chen H, Mao Y, Liu Y, Mao Q, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 4 is a novel target in micoRNA-195-mediated cell cycle arrest in bladder cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:442-7 pubmed publisher..Selective over-expression of miR-195 could induce G1-phase arrest in T24 cells, and subsequently inhibit T24 cell growth. These findings indicate that miR-195 could be a potential tumor suppressor in bladder cancer. ..
- Li D, Zhao Y, Liu C, Chen X, Qi Y, Jiang Y, et al. Analysis of MiR-195 and MiR-497 expression, regulation and role in breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:1722-30 pubmed publisher..Our data imply that both miR-195 and miR-497 play important inhibitory roles in breast cancer malignancy and may be the potential therapeutic and diagnostic targets. ..
- Brenner B, Hoshen M, Purim O, David M, Ashkenazi K, Marshak G, et al. MicroRNAs as a potential prognostic factor in gastric cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2011;17:3976-85 pubmed publisher..This study identified three miRs, miR-451, miR-199a-3p and miR-195 to be predictive of recurrence of gastric cancer. Of these, miR-451 had the strongest prognostic impact. ..
- Guo H, Li W, Zheng T, Liu Z. MiR-195 targets HDGF to inhibit proliferation and invasion of NSCLC cells. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:8861-6 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of HDGF dramatically abolished the tumor suppressive role of miR-195 in NSCLC cells. Our results demonstrated a tumor suppressive role of miR-195 in NSCLC, and suggested a potential therapeutic target for NSCLC. ..
- Jiang H, Yu H, Ma X, Xu D, Lin G, Ma D, et al. MicroRNA-195 regulates steroid receptor coactivator-3 protein expression in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:6955-60 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, miR-195 could modulate cell proliferation and tumor growth in vivo and in vitro. Therefore, our results demonstrate a novel molecular mechanism for the dysregulated expression of SRC-3 in hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Li Y, Wu D, Wang P, Li X, Shi G. miR-195 Regulates Proliferation and Apoptosis through Inhibiting the mTOR/p70s6k Signaling Pathway by Targeting HMGA2 in Esophageal Carcinoma Cells. Dis Markers. 2017;2017:8317913 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, upregulation of miR-195 significantly suppressed cell growth and induced apoptosis of EC cells via suppressing the mTOR/p70s6k signaling pathway by targeting HMGA2. ..
- Wu J, Ji A, Wang X, Zhu Y, Yu Y, Lin Y, et al. MicroRNA-195-5p, a new regulator of Fra-1, suppresses the migration and invasion of prostate cancer cells. J Transl Med. 2015;13:289 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that miR-195 could be a tumor suppressor and may have a potential to be a diagnostics or therapeutic target in prostate cancer. ..
- Deng Z, Wang Y, Fang X, Yan F, Pan H, Gu L, et al. Research on miRNA-195 and target gene CDK6 in oral verrucous carcinoma. Cancer Gene Ther. 2017;24:282-288 pubmed publisher..CDK6 was increased in OVC and OSCC, which was opposite to the expression of miRNA-195. In conclusion, miRNA-195 could be the potential diagnosis biomarker and therapy target of OVC. ..
- Bai R, Zhao A, Zhao Z, Liu W, Jian D. MicroRNA-195 induced apoptosis in hypoxic chondrocytes by targeting hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015;19:545-51 pubmed..We concluded that miR-195 induced apoptosis in hypoxic chondrocytes by directly targeting HIF-1Î±. ..
- Singh R, Yadav V, Kumar S, Saini N. MicroRNA-195 inhibits proliferation, invasion and metastasis in breast cancer cells by targeting FASN, HMGCR, ACACA and CYP27B1. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17454 pubmed publisher..In conclusion we say that hsa-miR-195 targets the genes of de novo lipogenesis, inhibits cell proliferation, migration, and invasion which potentially opens new avenues for the treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Xu Z, Li C, Qu H, Li H, Gu Q, Xu J. MicroRNA-195 inhibits the proliferation and invasion of pancreatic cancer cells by targeting the fatty acid synthase/Wnt signaling pathway. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317711324 pubmed publisher..Thus, inhibiting fatty acid synthase by microRNA-195 may serve as a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Guo J, Wang M, Liu X. MicroRNA-195 suppresses tumor cell proliferation and metastasis by directly targeting BCOX1 in prostate carcinoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2015;34:91 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this is the first report unveils that loss of miR-195 expression and thus uncontrolled BCOX1 upregulation might drive PCa metastasis. ..
- Su K, Zhang T, Wang Y, Hao G. Diagnostic and prognostic value of plasma microRNA-195 in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. World J Surg Oncol. 2016;14:224 pubmed..These findings indicate that plasma miRNA-195 might serve as a promising biomarker for the early detection and prognosis evaluation of NSCLC. ..
- Qin J, Liang H, Shi D, Dai J, Xu Z, Chen D, et al. A panel of microRNAs as a new biomarkers for the detection of deep vein thrombosis. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2015;39:215-21 pubmed publisher..And this is the first study suggesting that serum microNRAs might be used as biomarkers for deep vein thrombosis. ..
- Yang W, Jeong H, Park S, Lee W. Saturated fatty acid-induced miR-195 impairs insulin signaling and glycogen metabolism in HepG2 cells. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:3939-46 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the dysregulation of miR-195 by SFA is a detrimental factor for hepatic insulin sensitivity. ..
- Jain M, Zhang L, Boufraqech M, Liu Chittenden Y, Bussey K, Demeure M, et al. ZNF367 inhibits cancer progression and is targeted by miR-195. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e101423 pubmed publisher..Moreover, integrin alpha 3 (ITGA3) expression was regulated by ZNF367. Our findings taken together suggest that ZNF367 regulates cancer progression. ..
- Chen G, Cao S, Liu F, Liu Y. miR-195 plays a role in steroid resistance of ulcerative colitis by targeting Smad7. Biochem J. 2015;471:357-67 pubmed publisher..The decrease in miR-195 led to an increase in Smad7 expression and corresponding up-regulation of p65 and the AP-1 (activator protein 1) pathway, which might explain the mechanism of steroid resistance in UC patients. ..
- Jia L, Wei S, Gong K, Gan Y, Yu G. Prognostic implications of micoRNA miR-195 expression in human tongue squamous cell carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56634 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of miR-195 inhibited cell cycle progression, promoted apoptosis, and reduced Cyclin D1 and Bcl-2 expression in two TSCC cell lines. miR-195 may have potential applications as a prognostic factor for TSCC patients. ..
- Itesako T, Seki N, Yoshino H, Chiyomaru T, Yamasaki T, Hidaka H, et al. The microRNA expression signature of bladder cancer by deep sequencing: the functional significance of the miR-195/497 cluster. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e84311 pubmed publisher..Tumor suppressive miRNA-mediated cancer pathways provide new insights into the potential mechanisms of BC oncogenesis. ..
- Long G, Wang F, Duan Q, Yang S, Chen F, Gong W, et al. Circulating miR-30a, miR-195 and let-7b associated with acute myocardial infarction. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50926 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that the plasma concentration of miR-30a, miR-195 and let-7b can be potential indicators for AMI. ..
- Cao X, Lu J, Zhao Z, Li M, Lu T, An X, et al. MicroRNA biomarkers of Parkinson's disease in serum exosome-like microvesicles. Neurosci Lett. 2017;644:94-99 pubmed publisher..753, 0.908, and 0.697, respectively. Therefore, analysis of the expression levels of miR-19b, miR-24, and miR-195 in serum may be useful for the diagnosis of PD. ..
- Xiao L, Wu J, Wang J, Chung H, Kalakonda S, Rao J, et al. Long Noncoding RNA uc.173 Promotes Renewal of the Intestinal Mucosa by Inducing Degradation of MicroRNA 195. Gastroenterology. 2018;154:599-611 pubmed publisher..The association of uc.173 with microRNA 195 (miRNA195) was determined by RNA pull-down assays. Genome-wide profile analyses identified 21 T-UCRs, including uc...
- Yang G, Wu D, Zhu J, Jiang O, Shi Q, Tian J, et al. Upregulation of miR-195 increases the sensitivity of breast cancer cells to Adriamycin treatment through inhibition of Raf-1. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:877-89 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this gene pathway mediated the sensitivity of breast cancer cells to Adriamycin treatment. ..
- Zhang R, Garrett Q, Zhou H, Wu X, Mao Y, Cui X, et al. Upregulation of miR-195 accelerates oxidative stress-induced retinal endothelial cell injury by targeting mitofusin 2 in diabetic rats. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;452:33-43 pubmed publisher..This study suggested that miR-195 played a critical role in oxidative stress-induced retinal endothelial cell injury by targeting MFN2 in diabetic rats. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Xiao L, Yu T, Li J, Rao J, et al. Cooperative Repression of Insulin-Like Growth Factor Type 2 Receptor Translation by MicroRNA 195 and RNA-Binding Protein CUGBP1. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that IGF2R expression is controlled posttranscriptionally by two factors that associate with Igf2r mRNA and suggest that miR-195 and CUGBP1 dampen IGF signaling by inhibiting IGF2R translation. ..
- Cai C, Chen Q, Han Z, Zhang Y, He H, Chen J, et al. miR-195 Inhibits Tumor Progression by Targeting RPS6KB1 in Human Prostate Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2015;21:4922-34 pubmed publisher..The newly identified miR-195-RPS6KB1 axis partially illustrates the molecular mechanism of prostate cancer progression and represents a novel potential therapeutic target for prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Sekiya Y, Ogawa T, Iizuka M, Yoshizato K, Ikeda K, Kawada N. Down-regulation of cyclin E1 expression by microRNA-195 accounts for interferon-?-induced inhibition of hepatic stellate cell proliferation. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:2535-42 pubmed publisher..IFN-induced miR-195 was involved in these processes. These observations reveal a new mechanistic aspect of the antifibrotic effect of IFNs in the liver. ..
- Li Z, Wang H, Wang Z, Cai H. MiR-195 inhibits the proliferation of human cervical cancer cells by directly targeting cyclin D1. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:6457-63 pubmed publisher..MiR-195/cyclin D1 pathway may be a useful therapeutic agent in CC patients. ..
- Wang Y, Chen H, Fu Y, Ai A, Xue S, Lyu Q, et al. MiR-195 inhibits proliferation and growth and induces apoptosis of endometrial stromal cells by targeting FKN. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:2824-34 pubmed..Our study has demonstrated for the first time that miR-195 plays important roles in regulating the functions of ESCs through targeting FKN. The information may be useful for developing a new therapeutic strategy for endometriosis. ..
- Cai H, Zhao H, Tang J, Wu H. Serum miR-195 is a diagnostic and prognostic marker for osteosarcoma. J Surg Res. 2015;194:505-10 pubmed publisher..Detection of serum miR-195 expression may have potential applications for the diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of osteosarcoma. ..
- Sun X, Zhang J, Niu W, Guo W, Song H, Li H, et al. A preliminary analysis of microRNA as potential clinical biomarker for schizophrenia. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2015;168B:170-8 pubmed publisher..Markers miR-132, miR-181b, miR-30e and miR-432 are potential indicators for symptomatology improvements, treatment responses and prognosis for schizophrenia patients. ..
- Sun M, Song H, Wang S, Zhang C, Zheng L, Chen F, et al. Integrated analysis identifies microRNA-195 as a suppressor of Hippo-YAP pathway in colorectal cancer. J Hematol Oncol. 2017;10:79 pubmed publisher..In the clinic, miR-195-5p can serve as a prognostic marker to predict the outcome of the CRC patients. ..
- Zhou S, Yu L, Xiong M, Dai G. LncRNA SNHG12 promotes tumorigenesis and metastasis in osteosarcoma by upregulating Notch2 by sponging miR-195-5p. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:1822-1832 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, SNHG12 might serve as a valuable biomarker and prognosis factor in osteosarcoma patients. The SNHG12/miR-195-5p/Notch2-Notch signaling pathway axis might become a novel therapeutic for osteosarcoma. ..
- Li P, Zhai P, Ye Z, Deng P, Fan Y, Zeng Y, et al. Differential expression of miR-195-5p in collapse of steroid-induced osteonecrosis of the femoral head. Oncotarget. 2017;8:42638-42647 pubmed publisher..miR-195-5p showed the most significant difference in the collapse area of osteonecrotic femoral heads, suggesting that collapse may be related to the downregulation of miR-195-5p. ..
- Wang L, Qian L, Li X, Yan J. MicroRNA-195 inhibits colorectal cancer cell proliferation, colony-formation and invasion through targeting CARMA3. Mol Med Rep. 2014;10:473-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, CARMA3 may be a potential target for the treatment of colorectal cancer. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang D, Wang F, Xu D, Guo Y, Cui W. Serum miRNAs panel (miR-16-2*, miR-195, miR-2861, miR-497) as novel non-invasive biomarkers for detection of cervical cancer. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17942 pubmed publisher..Overall, our studies have identified a novel noninvasive biomarker constituted with a panel of four miRNAs (miR-16-2*, miR-195, miR-2861, miR-497). ..
- Yang X, Yin J, Yu J, Xiang Q, Liu Y, Tang S, et al. miRNA-195 sensitizes human hepatocellular carcinoma cells to 5-FU by targeting BCL-w. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:250-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-195 could improve the drug sensitivity at least in part by targeting Bcl-w to increase cell apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. ..
- Du J, Zheng R, Xiao F, Zhang S, He K, Zhang J, et al. Downregulated MicroRNA-195 in the Bicuspid Aortic Valve Promotes Calcification of Valve Interstitial Cells via Targeting SMAD7. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;44:884-896 pubmed publisher..miR-195 is downregulated more in stenotic BAV than TAV in this study. The downregulation of miR-195 is associated with valvular calcification via targeting SMAD7, which promotes the remodeling of the extracellular matrix. ..
- Chang M, Lin H, Fu H, Wang B, Han G, Fan M. MicroRNA-195-5p Regulates Osteogenic Differentiation of Periodontal Ligament Cells Under Mechanical Loading. J Cell Physiol. 2017;232:3762-3774 pubmed publisher..Our findings are the first to demonstrate that miR-195-5p is a mechanosensitive gene that plays an important role in mechanical loading-induced osteogenic differentiation and bone formation. ..
- Wang K, Sun Y, Tao W, Fei X, Chang C. Androgen receptor (AR) promotes clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) migration and invasion via altering the circHIAT1/miR-195-5p/29a-3p/29c-3p/CDC42 signals. Cancer Lett. 2017;394:1-12 pubmed publisher..Targeting this newly identified AR-circHIAT1-mediated miR-195-5p/29a-3p/29c-3p/CDC42 signals may help us develop potential new therapies to better suppress ccRCC metastasis. ..
- Alacam H, Akgun S, Akca H, Ozturk O, Kabukcu B, Herken H. miR-181b-5p, miR-195-5p and miR-301a-3p are related with treatment resistance in schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 2016;245:200-206 pubmed publisher..miR-181b-5p, miR-195-5p and miR-301a-3p may be candidate indicators that can be used to reveal resistance against schizophrenia treatment. ..
- Zhou Q, Han L, Zhou Y, Li Y. MiR-195 Suppresses Cervical Cancer Migration and Invasion Through Targeting Smad3. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2016;26:817-24 pubmed publisher..The newly identified miR-195/Smad3 pathway provides an insight into cervical cancer metastasis and may represent a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Jin L, Li X, Li Y, Zhang Z, He T, Hu J, et al. Identification of miR?195?3p as an oncogene in RCC. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:1916-1924 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that miR?195?3p was associated with the tumorigenesis of RCC, with further investigations to focus on the pathway and use of miR?195?3p as a clinical biomarker for RCC. ..
- Mo J, Zhang D, Yang R. MicroRNA-195 regulates proliferation, migration, angiogenesis and autophagy of endothelial progenitor cells by targeting GABARAPL1. Biosci Rep. 2016;36: pubmed..Together, these results indicate that miR-195 regulates cell proliferation, migration, angiogenesis and autophagy of hEPCs by targeting GABARAPL1. ..
- Zhang H, Su Y, Xu F, Kong J, Yu H, Qian B. Circulating microRNAs in relation to EGFR status and survival of lung adenocarcinoma in female non-smokers. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81408 pubmed publisher..Lung adenocarcinoma is considered a unique disease for Asian female non-smokers. We investigated whether plasma microRNA (miRNA) expression profiles are different by the EGFR status and are associated with survival outcomes of the patients...
- Bhattacharya A, Schmitz U, Wolkenhauer O, Schönherr M, Raatz Y, Kunz M. Regulation of cell cycle checkpoint kinase WEE1 by miR-195 in malignant melanoma. Oncogene. 2013;32:3175-83 pubmed publisher..miR-195-mediated downregulation of WEE1 in metastatic lesions may help to overcome cell cycle arrest under stress conditions in the local tissue microenvironment to allow unrestricted growth of tumour cells. ..
- Chabre O, Libe R, Assie G, Barreau O, Bertherat J, Bertagna X, et al. Serum miR-483-5p and miR-195 are predictive of recurrence risk in adrenocortical cancer patients. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2013;20:579-94 pubmed publisher..0086 respectively). In conclusion, this study reports for the first time that circulating miR-483-5p and miR-195 are promising noninvasive biomarkers with a highly specific prognostic value for the clinical outcome of ACC patients. ..
- Zhao L, Zhang P, Wang J, Xu N, Mi W, Jiang X, et al. MicroRNA-195 chemosensitizes colon cancer cells to the chemotherapeutic drug doxorubicin by targeting the first binding site of BCL2L2 mRNA. J Cell Physiol. 2015;230:535-45 pubmed publisher..These results may have implications for therapeutic strategies aiming to overcome colon cancer cell resistance to Dox. ..
- You X, Huang J, Liu B, Liu S, Zhong Y, Liu S. HMGA1 is a new target of miR-195 involving isoprenaline-induced cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2014;79:538-44 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrated that miR-195 can negatively regulate a new target, HMGA1, which is involved in cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. ..
- Wu D, Li Y, Zhang H, Hu X. Knockdown of Lncrna PVT1 Enhances Radiosensitivity in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer by Sponging Mir-195. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:2453-2466 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of PVT1 enhances radiosensitivity of NSCLC by sponging miR-195, providing a novel therapeutic target to improve radiotherapy efficiency in NSCLC. ..
- Gonsalves C, Kalra V. Endothelin-1-induced macrophage inflammatory protein-1beta expression in monocytic cells involves hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha and AP-1 and is negatively regulated by microRNA-195. J Immunol. 2010;185:6253-64 pubmed publisher..These studies provide what we believe are new avenues, based on targets of HIF-1? and microRNAs, for ameliorating inflammation in SCD. ..
- Hui W, Yuntao L, Lun L, Wensheng L, Chaofeng L, Haiyong H, et al. MicroRNA-195 inhibits the proliferation of human glioma cells by directly targeting cyclin D1 and cyclin E1. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54932 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that miR-195 plays an important role to inhibit the proliferation of glioma cells, and present a novel mechanism for direct miRNA-mediated suppression of cyclin D1 and cyclin E1 in glioma. ..
- Zhu H, Wang L, Wang M, Song B, Tan S, Teng J, et al. MicroRNA-195 downregulates Alzheimer's disease amyloid-? production by targeting BACE1. Brain Res Bull. 2012;88:596-601 pubmed publisher..Thus, we demonstrated that miR-195 could downregulate the level of A? by inhibiting the translation of BACE1. We conclude that miR-195 might provide a therapeutic strategy for AD. ..
- Zhou B, Sun C, Hu X, Zhan H, Zou H, Feng Y, et al. MicroRNA-195 Suppresses the Progression of Pancreatic Cancer by Targeting DCLK1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;44:1867-1881 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that miR-195 has tumor suppressor roles in PC by targeting DCLK1. MiR-195-DCLK1 pathway may provide insight into PC progression and represent a novel, promising diagnostic and therapeutic target for PC. ..
- Ye S, Song W, Xu X, Zhao X, Yang L. IGF2BP2 promotes colorectal cancer cell proliferation and survival through interfering with RAF-1 degradation by miR-195. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:1641-50 pubmed publisher..These results identify IGF2BP2 as a post-transcriptional regulatory mRNA-binding factor that contributes to CRC carcinogenesis. ..
- Wu H, Wang H, Liu M, Bai Y, Li Y, Ji L, et al. MiR-195 participates in the placental disorder of preeclampsia via targeting activin receptor type-2B in trophoblastic cells. J Hypertens. 2016;34:1371-9 pubmed publisher..The impaired miR-195 expression may contribute to the occurrence or development of preeclampsia through interfering with activin/nodal signaling in the placenta. ..
- Ren C, Liu Q, Wei Q, Cai W, He M, Du Y, et al. Circulating miRNAs as Potential Biomarkers of Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:1413-1423 pubmed publisher..All 3 miRNAs showed a potential diagnostic value for AMD. Circulating miRNA levels were significantly varied in AMD patients. Three miRNAs, miR-27a-3p, miR-29b-3p and the miR-195-5p, might be potential diagnostic biomarkers for AMD. ..
- Xu H, Hu Y, Zhao J, Hu X, Li S, Wang Y, et al. MicroRNA-195-5p acts as an anti-oncogene by targeting PHF19 in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:175-82 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that PHF19 promotes HCC and is regulated by the tumor-suppressor, miR-195-5p. ..
- Shen Y, Xie Z, Yue A, Wei Q, Zhao H, Yin H, et al. Expression level of microRNA-195 in the serum of patients with gastric cancer and its relationship with the clinicopathological staging of the cancer. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2016;20:1283-7 pubmed
- Han K, Chen X, Bian N, Ma B, Yang T, Cai C, et al. MicroRNA profiling identifies MiR-195 suppresses osteosarcoma cell metastasis by targeting CCND1. Oncotarget. 2015;6:8875-89 pubmed..In summary, our study suggests miR-195 functions as a tumor metastasis suppressor gene by down-regulating CCND1 and can be used as a potential target in the treatment of osteosarcoma. ..
- Shen C, Cheng Y, Wang C. LncRNA PVT1 epigenetically silences miR-195 and modulates EMT and chemoresistance in cervical cancer cells. J Drug Target. 2017;25:637-644 pubmed publisher..In addition, the PVT1/miR-195 axis can modulate responses of the cancer cells to PTX via regulating EMT. ..
- Wang J, Paris P, Chen J, Ngo V, Yao H, Frazier M, et al. Next generation sequencing of pancreatic cyst fluid microRNAs from low grade-benign and high grade-invasive lesions. Cancer Lett. 2015;356:404-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings make a compelling case for undertaking in-depth analyses of cyst fluid miRNomes for developing informative early detection biomarkers of pancreatic cancer developing from pancreatic cystic lesions. ..
- Wang N, Wei H, Yin D, Lu Y, Zhang Y, Zhang Q, et al. MicroRNA-195 inhibits proliferation of cervical cancer cells by targeting cyclin D1a. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:4711-20 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results suggest that miR-195 acts as a suppressor in the proliferation and cell cycle of cervical cancer cells by directly targeting cyclin D1a mRNA. ..
- Zhang H, Zhou D, Ying M, Chen M, Chen P, Chen Z, et al. Expression of Long Non-Coding RNA (lncRNA) Small Nucleolar RNA Host Gene 1 (SNHG1) Exacerbates Hepatocellular Carcinoma Through Suppressing miR-195. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:4820-4829 pubmed..This suggests that miR-195 is a direct downstream target of lncRNA SNHG1. CONCLUSIONS lncRNA SNHG1 may contribute to the aggravation of HCC through the inhibition of miR-195. ..
- Zhou Q, Chen F, Zhao J, Li B, Liang Y, Pan W, et al. Long non-coding RNA PVT1 promotes osteosarcoma development by acting as a molecular sponge to regulate miR-195. Oncotarget. 2016;7:82620-82633 pubmed publisher..FASN promoted the invasiveness U2OS cells, which was inhibited by si-PVT1#1. Therefore, our study demonstrated that PVT1 may be a therapeutic target for treatment of osteosarcoma. ..
- Guo J, Fang W, Sun L, Lu Y, Dou L, Huang X, et al. Ultraconserved element uc.372 drives hepatic lipid accumulation by suppressing miR-195/miR4668 maturation. Nat Commun. 2018;9:612 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel mechanism by which uc.372 drives hepatic steatosis through inhibition of miR-195/miR-4668 maturation to relieve miR-195/miR-4668-mediated suppression of functional target gene expression. ..
- Zhao N, Li S, Wang R, Xiao M, Meng Y, Zeng C, et al. Expression of microRNA-195 is transactivated by Sp1 but inhibited by histone deacetylase 3 in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1859:933-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncover the mechanisms underlying the transcriptional regulation and expression deregulation of miR-195 in HCC cells and provide new insight into microRNA biogenesis in cancer cells. ..
- Zhu S, Fu W, Zhang L, Fu K, Hu J, Jia W, et al. LINC00473 antagonizes the tumour suppressor miR-195 to mediate the pathogenesis of Wilms tumour via IKK?. Cell Prolif. 2018;51: pubmed publisher..LINC00473 as an oncogene is up-regulated to participate into the molecular pathogenesis of Wilms tumour via miR-195/IKK?. ..
- Sandrim V, Eleuterio N, Pilan E, Tanus Santos J, Fernandes K, Cavalli R. Plasma levels of increased miR-195-5p correlates with the sFLT-1 levels in preeclampsia. Hypertens Pregnancy. 2016;35:150-8 pubmed publisher..2. Regarding other miRs, lack of correlation was found in both analyses (50% and 25%). In conclusion, our data demonstrate an association of higher levels of sFLT-1 with increased expression of miR-195-5p in preeclampsia pregnant women. ..
- Gao X, Dai M, Li Q, Wang Z, Lu Y, Song Z. HMGA2 regulates lung cancer proliferation and metastasis. Thorac Cancer. 2017;8:501-510 pubmed publisher..HMGA2 might serve as a biomarker and potential therapeutic target for lung cancer treatment. ..
- Sun N, Ye L, Chang T, Li X, Li X. microRNA-195-Cdc42 axis acts as a prognostic factor of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:6871-9 pubmed
- Igglezou M, Vareli K, Georgiou G, Sainis I, Briasoulis E. Kinetics of circulating levels of miR-195, miR-155 and miR-21 in patients with breast cancer undergoing mastectomy. Anticancer Res. 2014;34:7443-7 pubmed..The results of this pilot study indicate a possible involvement of miR-155 in surgery-induced angiogenesis and potential prognostic significance of high postoperative levels of circulating miR-195 in patients with breast cancer. ..
- Ding J, Huang S, Wang Y, Tian Q, Zha R, Shi H, et al. Genome-wide screening reveals that miR-195 targets the TNF-?/NF-?B pathway by down-regulating I?B kinase alpha and TAB3 in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2013;58:654-66 pubmed publisher..Multiple miRNAs are involved in the NF-?B signaling pathway and miR-195 plays important inhibitory roles in cancer progression and may be a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Amer M, Elhefnawi M, El Ahwany E, Awad A, Gawad N, Zada S, et al. Hsa-miR-195 targets PCMT1 in hepatocellular carcinoma that increases tumor life span. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:11301-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the rest of the predicted genes are suspected to be real targets for hsa-miR-195. These target genes control almost all the hallmarks of liver cancer which can be used as therapeutic targets in cancer treatment. ..